Are you unsure ?

Hello?!

Can anyone answer my question??

I'm adding a lot of the H&A episodes up on youtube, and I wonder if there was somewhere here on the forum I could put the links to the episodes up?

I've tried out megaupload but didn't understand a thing of it..that's why I use YT.

http://www.backtothebay.com/forum/index.php?showforum=103

If you started a thread in that forum and put the links in your thread whenever you upload a clip, would be my best guess.

Hello?!

Can anyone answer my question??

I'm adding a lot of the H&A episodes up on youtube, and I wonder if there was somewhere here on the forum I could put the links to the episodes up?

I've tried out megaupload but didn't understand a thing of it..that's why I use YT.

http://www.backtothebay.com/forum/index.php?showforum=103

If you started a thread in that forum and put the links in your thread whenever you upload a clip, would be my best guess.

Thank you :) I'll post it there.

I do understand and agree with the reasoning behind the recent revamp of the Character Appreciation Forum, as things were getting quite out of control, but is mod approval for every post really necessary? I didn't realise that the trouble in the forum was that serious to warrant it? The main problem seemed to be , in my opinion, the abuse that was taking place - the spam, SPAG and chitchat didn't seem to be a forum-specific issue and was more a secondary concern, and I feel the abuse could be dealt with via less extreme methods. Why not simply issue warnings against offending members instead of impacting on everyone?

I do think that appreciation of relationships could include general 'chitchat', particularly discussions between hardcore fans that mightn't be 'understood' in other areas of the Board - I feel it may be a bonus to have a 'safe haven' for fans to discuss / chitchat about relationships such as Adelle - random, little things that have been picked up on in various scenes).

I'm not a big Adelle fan, or JM, or any of the mainsteam H&A couples at the moment (all will probably know my loyalties to Kane and Kirsty), but I do feel that I can say things over at KK.com that I wouldn't want to say in episode discussion / spoiler discussion over here. Little things that only the shippers really pick up on, and you don;t really want all the anti-KK people to start attacking (yep, all those little obsessive things :P ). Though I do see how it could be hard to distinguish between this and 'normal' episode and spoiler discussion.

There is of course also the 'inconvenience' of posting in a mod-approval forum when there are no mods online (such as now :P ). I recognise that this will always be the case at some point, all mods having lives outside of BTTB, but it is perhaps slightly irritating, particularly as it was the minority that were causing the problems.

We know the majority of the members shouldn't have to put up with this. And we totally understand how annoying it must be. But we issued a lot of warnings to the offending members and most of the warnings were ignored. We waited about a month for the situation to improve, but it got worse.

We were concerned when members were being picked on or 'attacked' when they posted their views or opinions on characters. That shouldn't happen, and we don't want members to be afraid of posting their views on a discussion forum. But that also started to get out-of-control, and it became ludicrous.

We didn't make the decision lightly as we know that the majority of the members didn't do anything wrong and we didn't like the sound of more work approving posts etc. :P But it was the only logical way of stopping this once and for all.

I'd just like to say something regards replying to a post in the Character Discussion forum. You don't need to write an essay. Some members seem to be under the impression that you do, but that's not the case. It's not about the length, it's about the quality. Your post can be one line as long as it contributes to discussion of the character.

We are beginning to review the situation in Staffghanistan. And we'll inform all of you when a decision has been made. :)