All Saints

*dW*

It's a bit hard to film a heroic onscreen death when he's not around to do it :P/ :(

This whole situation has been getting to me... I almost cried in class today because I accidentally thought about him while trying to avoid thinking about how boring class was lol. That would have been embarrassing...

I wonder if there'll be some kind of acknowledgment of his death before tomorrow night's episode... I was thinking maybe they could dedicate it to him, but then I thought that it would be better to do that when his final ep goes to air...

It's a bit weird to be worrying about the death of someone I didn't even know. I just... liked him.

I was thinking about that too, both parts of it. but apparently he's going to be on air for the next 11 eps. so maybe even both?

Oh 11, that's more than I expected. I thought there'd only be about six or something. Should be interesting to see how far Dan gets before his life too is tragically cut short...

I hope whatever happens between him and Ricky when she leaves isn't too depressing. I don't think I could handle it...

Saints colleague John Howard's tribute to Mark Priestley

The Daily Telegraph

September 2 2008

A TRIBUTE to actor Mark Priestley made by his All Saints colleague John Howard will air before and after tonight's episode of the hospital drama.

The Seven tribute will include highlights from Priestley's four years on the series, and also personal comments about the 32-year-old who fell to his death from a city building last week.

Priestley had been suffering depression and the coroner is expected to rule his death a suicide.

His character nurse Dan Goldman will posthumously remain on air for the next 11 episodes, following last week's wedding episdoe when he married character Erica Templeton, played by Jolene Anderson.

Sydney based friends and collegaues are planning a memorial for Priestley, but have not confirmed a date.

The Perth actor's funeral is on Thursday.

lol, that picture with Chris... confused him with Jason for the LAST time...

I'm not really prepared to read all of that just now. I'm psyching myself up to watch the episode as it is... Thanks for posting it though :). I'll have to remember to get a copy of TV week. I've put the wedding issue in a safe place. I was just lucky that mum decided to buy it that week... Really lucky.

Haven't watched tonight's ep - I taped it and watched Rush. But in making that decision (I originally planned to tape Rush, but now I want to keep Mark's remaining episodes), I realised that I've moved into the denial stage of grieving... whereby this is all some bizarre publicity stunt, reporting the death of an All Saints actor (because he's not really dead, they just want us to think he is) the week before a much anticipated new show airs in the same time slot on Ten to make sure that viewers stick with All Saints out of morbid loyalty instead of switching over to Rush... Grief is cruel and stupid :rolleyes:

Just wait, there'll be reports of Mark Priestly, Heath Ledger, and Elvis Presley all hanging out at a Burger King any day now...