1990 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having seen up to 455, I do think that Tom's being a bit too stubborn(although that does seem to be a Summer Bay character trait), given that everyone else has accepted they were wrong about Pippa. Although I can kind of see his perspective;he's obviously feeling a bit insecure about his infirmity and the fact that, in his mind if not in reality, he can't give Pippa what she needs so the idea of her looking somewhere else kinds of feed into that.

Was surprised about Adam and Emma kissing, I think I knew at the back of my mind that something happened between them at some point but wasn't expecting it to be this soon.I did think back when he asked her out for a bet there was a bit of a spark between them and they might make a good couple but I hope he's straight with Carly first.

It has kind of surprised me Sophie's arrival appearing so soon (she feels like a totally different era, and in some ways she is), but then you think there's a large event coming in 3 months time so she was bound to be coming soon as she was part of that.

I don't know if anyone else feels like this (and considerinh how popular Sophie became, they probably won't) but I can't but feel by the time Sophie has arrived 'Oh no, not another teen'. It feels like the show was very focused on them for the last part of 1989 and into 1990.

However, I am LOVING Emma and think Dannii Minogue is doing/was doing a fabulous job. The teen group of Adam/Emma/Viv/Steven is a lot of fun to watch, and I'm glad they're finally bringing a bit more humour into the stories with them. I do feel sorry for Carly though, as she's another fave of mine and I don't like seeing her get hurt! :(

Archived