EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about the Tony/Whitney storyline. When it was revealed in the press they said it was going to be a paedophile grooming storyline, but the way it's being playing out is just like any other affair. Whitney must be nearing 16 anyway (it doesn't help that the actress looks about 18), in which case it's unlikely Tony will be charged with anything, especially as she's clearly consenting. It makes me wonder if the producers chickened out of doing it as they'd originally intended because of the controversy it caused in the media.

no you can tell he is grooming her

hes telling her what to wear, wether she can be in a play or not, putting locks on her door saying that she is only allowed to let him in and making her feel guilty about everything. she is only consenting because she feels like she has to.

its all wrong, the whole situation. but i dont think the writers have chickned out!

I don't think it is like a normal affair, I mean Whitney's 15, it's been mentioned that they were together before Tony went to prison for 12 months so she must have been 14 or less when they got togther and the guy that plays Tony said that Tony only ever got together with Bianca as a way of getting to Whitney. It's clear the hold he has over her, he completely manipulates her, he made her remove her stud, stop wearing makeup, made her feel guilty about starring in the school play. The saddest part is she doesn't even realise what he's doing, I think if this storyline is played out well it could be a great story, although it does make my skin crawl.

it was in last nights episode when he said to her that he fell in love with her when she was 12! in the wotv mag i got yesterday it says that

tony punches peter cause him and whitney have to kiss in the play

surely that will make people think he is a bit wierd!!!

Not liking max at all at the moment i love jack and tanya together think they make a great couple but its gonna get worse in a few weeks when they have

the shoot out and one of them is left fighting for their lives

I must admit when i read about the storyline, i though it was a straightforward case of sexual abuse, but its more about manipulation. Its more like psychological abuse in a way, telling her what to wear and what to do. It will be very interesting to see where they actually take this story though.

Archived