The OC

Guest Kimmy

^^In an interview I remember Mischa saying something along the lines of how Marissa had done it all, how she has had every storyline possible. So it was only right to leave on a high.

Killing her of made sense as it would have had such a big impact on the remaining characters and it did.

Out of all Marissa's storylines I found the Marissa/Johnny story so boring and pointless. The only good thing to come of it was that Johnny made way for Volcheck...who played a big part in the lead up to her death.

Yeah, that was lame!! It was just like Oliver all over again...I didn't really like season 3, the first and least few episode's were great, but the middle was just...Boring??

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Summer: "Remember that movie they made us watch about the gay guys on the mountain?"

Marissa: "Lord of the Rings?"

Summer: "Yes."

I was watching it on Fox today, and felt the need to document that quote :)

:lol: That made me laugh. I remember that quote. She had the audience convinced she was talking about Brokeback Mountain and Marissa came out with LOTR :lol:

I must admit, the writters come up with some very witty lines :P

I could quote so many Seth/Ryan lines :lol: like this...

Seth: Now, we're gonna have to really put our heads together and do some serious Jew-cruitment. Ryan, do you think you can rope in some Hebrews?

Ryan: Blonde hair, blue eyes. Yeah no problem, I'm a natural

Seth: Fair point, my Aryan friend

or this...

Ryan: Sometimes I think you just talk to make sounds.

Seth: Sometimes I do

:lol:

Some of my fav quotes from season 4.

Summer: Chicken lovers unite!

Student: (Takes a flier) I absolutely love chicken nuggets.

Summer: (Snatches the flier) It's people like you who stop chickens from flying free!

Student: Chickens can't fly

Summer: Taylor, they are going to cut down this tree!

Taylor: Well then, we'll have a fire

Seth: So where are we going?

Ryan: Mexico

Seth: Perfect, I need chiclets

Sandy: Hey. Didn't I defend you a couple of years ago for a B & E?

Man: Yeah! Now, I remember. I called you "crazy eyebrow man".

Sandy: Well, I'll take that as a compliment.

Kirsten: So are you really giving up on men?

Julie: Men are to me what chardonnay is to you: one sip and I'm upside down on a chandelier...not that you've ever done that.

Taylor: I'm sorry I kissed you.

Ryan: No, it cool

Taylor its odviously not okay your totally uncomfortable around me now

Ryan: No, the kiss was not a problem

Taylor: really? good because usually when I kiss a guy it ends in tears, his, not mine, cause I'm a bit of a lip biter and you know sometimes I draw blood

Summer (on phone): He's gonna run? That coward!

Seth: I'm gonna watch it again for background noise, visual clues, anything that might tip me off to his whereabouts.

Summer: No, Cohen, Che has had survival training, okay? He's probably hiding in a cave with Osama Bin Ladin.

********************************************************************************

Che: Back at the reservation, they taught us that sometimes, the weaker gazelle must be devoured for the good of the herd.

Summer: Oh, Che, just shut up, okay? Before I tie you up with hemp rope, set you on fire, and get high off of the fumes from your burning flesh.

Che: Dark.

********************************************************************************

Taylor: Summer! Che!

Summer: Taylor!

Che: Taylor!

Taylor (introducing): Roger: Summer; Che.

Summer: Roger.

Che: Roger.

Roger: Summer; Che.

Seth: I was actually gonna borrow one from the Julie Cooper play book and wait till Che is asleep and then smother him with a pillow.

Summer: Awww...my hero.

Ryan: (to Taylor) I just stopped by to see if you needed a ride home.

Roger: No thanks, I got my bike.

Ryan: Not you!

Summer: "Remember that movie they made us watch about the gay guys on the mountain?"

Marissa: "Lord of the Rings?"

Summer: "Yes."

I was watching it on Fox today, and felt the need to document that quote :)

:lol: That made me laugh. I remember that quote. She had the audience convinced she was talking about Brokeback Mountain and Marissa came out with LOTR :lol:

I must admit, the writters come up with some very witty lines :P

I loved that one, especially considering that Brokeback Mountain isn't a movie that boys would make girls watch, so that was kind of a hint that she wasn't talking about it.

It kind of annoyed me, though, because that was kind of a poor link between LOTR and Brokeback Mountain: for one thing Sam definitely wasn't gay in the movies or the books: he later married Rose Cotton, who was mentioned in a few scenes in the movies - near the end Sam mentions that he'd like to marry her if they ever return to the Shire (although that might have been in the four-hour extended edition of Return of the King, which I imagine Summer would have resisted sitting through). For another thing, they weren't on Mount Doom for that much of the running time, or at least enough to really compare it with Ennis and Jack's trips. So it was a great line but filled with inaccurate information which only barely describes LOTR but sounds closer to Brokeback Mountain. Yes, I think I'm a pedantic geek too.

Archived