The OC

Guest Kimmy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked Ryan and Marissa in season 1. After that, I liked Ryan and Taylor better.

But my favourite couple was Seth and Summer.

They were so cute together. I also liked the fact they were dating in real life too but they aren't anymore.

I liked Kaitlin too. She was fun!

Same here. :)

Marissa was a bit of a mess, and i'm just thinking if Mischa Barton didn't quit Season 4 would not have been so good. I'm starting to think it was Marissa that brung the programme down.

Johnny's death = linked to Marissa

Volchuck (however you spell it :P) = linked to Marissa

But i must say i hated the Kirstin Rehab storyline. That was such a drag.

I liked Ryan and Marissa in season 1. After that, I liked Ryan and Taylor better.

But my favourite couple was Seth and Summer.

They were so cute together. I also liked the fact they were dating in real life too but they aren't anymore.

I liked Kaitlin too. She was fun!

Same here. :)

Marissa was a bit of a mess, and i'm just thinking if Mischa Barton didn't quit Season 4 would not have been so good. I'm starting to think it was Marissa that brung the programme down.

Johnny's death = linked to Marissa

Volchuck (however you spell it :P) = linked to Marissa

But i must say i hated the Kirstin Rehab storyline. That was such a drag.

Season 4 was the lowest rated season. If anything, she held the show together.

Yeah, she was a mess, but she has been since season 1, and people enjoyed how Ryan was always there saving her.

Johnny's death?? Well, what was that storyline all about anyway?? I CHEERED when he died...

Volchuck??

I must sound like a huge Marissa fan, when the fact is, I'm not! I'm only looking at the facts... The Majority of the fans were Marissa followers and when she died, they stopped watching, which is why the ratings went down and the show got canceled.

And Mischa didn't quite, it was the writer's choice to kill her off, because they wanted revive the show, and Marissa was one of the main character's and they knew her death would affect all the characters. Or else, of course, Mischa was just a drama queen and they decided to get rid of her!!

What was wrong with Kirsten's rehab?? I thought that was really good. It didn't drag on though, since we only saw her in rehab for 3 episode's!! :rolleyes::lol:

I thought the storyline about her friend hooking up with Julie and scamming that function, that whole story was so boring. Only one good thing came out of that story and that was one of Julie's most funniest yet true quotes to her character ever.

'There can only be one manipulative bitch in this town, and that bitch is me!' :lol:

Oh, I love Julie!

I didn't like Taylor to begin with, but season 4 just wouldn't have been the same without her. That scene with the gun was hilarious.

As shocked as I was when Marissa died, Im glad it was her character that got killed of and not Summer's. :ph34r: IMO the show had become too much about Marissa.

Julie was awesome :D

• 3 weeks later...

I thought the whole let's scam Kirsten out of her money story was boring because you kind of knew it wasn't going anywhere, that woman didn't get any money out of her in the end so it was kind of pointless. :P That's what i meant about the Rehab storyline.

And IrishGirl06, i did hear that Mischa had enough of the show and that she was leaving as she wanted to pursue other things like modelling and making movies and they had to try and make a storyline that would take her out of the show. They hadn't already planned her death at the beginning of production of season 3, they had to cope with her choosing to leave but they knew if Marissa went away somewhere Ryan would have wanted to go with her and Ben wasn't leaving.

^^In an interview I remember Mischa saying something along the lines of how Marissa had done it all, how she has had every storyline possible. So it was only right to leave on a high.

Killing her of made sense as it would have had such a big impact on the remaining characters and it did.

Out of all Marissa's storylines I found the Marissa/Johnny story so boring and pointless. The only good thing to come of it was that Johnny made way for Volcheck...who played a big part in the lead up to her death.

I thought the whole let's scam Kirsten out of her money story was boring because you kind of knew it wasn't going anywhere, that woman didn't get any money out of her in the end so it was kind of pointless. :P That's what i meant about the Rehab storyline.

And IrishGirl06, i did hear that Mischa had enough of the show and that she was leaving as she wanted to pursue other things like modelling and making movies and they had to try and make a storyline that would take her out of the show. They hadn't already planned her death at the beginning of production of season 3, they had to cope with her choosing to leave but they knew if Marissa went away somewhere Ryan would have wanted to go with her and Ben wasn't leaving.

Yeah, the Charlotte thing was crappy, but it made way for some great Julie/Kirsten storylines!! =]

As with Mischa, Iv heard so many rumors! Like she was booted of the show because she was turning up to work drunk, then I heard she wanted to pursue other things, then the other cast were getting sick of her diva personality...Bla bla bla, you just don't know!! But Im almost 100% sure it wasn't her idea to leave the show. Josh thought of the storyline, and apparently she left on good terms with everyone.

Archived