The OC

Guest Kimmy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I think I'm a pedantic geek too.

Good, that saved me a lot of time :P

If you're a fan of LOTR, then you probably care about the literal relationships of the characters. If not, and you're sitting through 3-9 hours of something you have little interest in, you might make your own fun by pretending that Sam and Frodo were gay. As I did. And a lot of the 3rd movie was about the mountain, so you could argue that Summer was only talking about that movie specifically.

I think Summer was just using the teen reference of gay as in stupid or dumb. Nothing to do with the actual meaning of the word gay.

She did mean gay as in homosexual, because it was a mislead to Brokeback Mountain. That was the joke.. I'm almost sorry I mentioned it :rolleyes:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway.............

I only came in here because I forgot to wish everyone a Happy Chrismukkah!!! :o I hope everyone had fun :D

Ooh, and I wanted to put this quote in too:

Summer: "Why don't you go upstairs and comb Princess Sparkle's tail? I know how it calms you down."

Seth: "What? I don't... I would never... ... Is the comb where I left it?"

:D

I'm almost sorry I mentioned it :rolleyes:

Don't be, I'm the one who shouldn't have gone off at a rant. It's just that misuse of the word gay, especially when applied to fictional characters who definitely aren't (since Sam married Rosie) is one of two things that get my back up way more than it should. The other is when people misuse the word "unique," usually by putting comparitives or superlatives in front of it - one thing can not be "more unique" than another.

One of my favourite OC lines:

Seth: Seth Cohen is liking the new Seth Cohen.

Ryan: Now you're talking about yourself in the fourth person?

Seth: It's a whole new dimension of selflessness.

From Episode 2-03, forget the title.

Two things: I never knew that Seth was on drugs - it makes so much sense! :lol: And also, they were playing a really nice cover of "Fall At Your Feet" throughout today's episode. I haven't looked up who it might be by yet, but if I had to guess I'd say James Blunt. Except that I didn't think he was singing stuff back when that episode was made... This needs more investigation. I was just happy and impressed to hear one of my favourite Crowded House songs on a popular American teen drama :D

EDIT: Okay, it was James Blunt, and the episode aired less than two years ago... so... good for him for choosing to cover such a nice song, and for doing it so well :)

More delightful quotes from today's episode :D

Seth: "Beneath my manly exterior beats the heart of a 14 year old girl."

Julie: "I don't do oysters. If I'm going to swallow something that disgusting, there'd better be something in it for me."

:D

Archived