Were Stacey and Andrew going to become regulars at some point?

j.laur5

Unofficially, they were basically regulars. Their stints were longer than many regular characters at the time, they had their own stories, they were integrated into the community (as opposed to just primarily interacting with one or two characters) and they had their own publicity shots, like my avatar for example. 

I don't know about plans to give them "opening credits status" though. Their exits came at a time when there seem to be a bit of a clear out, as we lost Morag, Lance, Martin, Celia and Tom in quick succession, so I imagine they were written out as part of the "sexier" direction. Andrew could have perhaps chugged along for a few more years as a youth counsellor, but Stacey was starting to become a bit stagnant. She's still my favourite character, but I think just would have continued to float around the diner not doing much had she stayed. 

There were definitely plans for Phil Matheson to become a regular, but John Morris quit early on. Perhaps had he stayed, then maybe Stacey would have had a longer run too? Who knows? 

• j.laur5 changed the title to Was Stacey and Andrew going to become regulars at some point?
2 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Didn't Gordon have a wife, Brett have a mother? Who was that that answered the door when Bobby knocked asking for Brett when she was investigating Roo's pregnancy in the leadup to her and Frank's "wedding"?

I mean if Gordon and his wife had separated, or had an affair storyline. After all Morag had already had an affair with her sister's husband. 

3 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Didn't Gordon have a wife, Brett have a mother? Who was that that answered the door when Bobby knocked asking for Brett when she was investigating Roo's pregnancy in the leadup to her and Frank's "wedding"?

I assume it's meant to be Brett's mother. But I think that's the only time we see her isn't it?

• Dan F changed the title to Were Stacey and Andrew going to become regulars at some point?
11 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I believe so, yes, I seem to remember someone commenting on it when the episode was shown on 7Two. Was she ever mentioned after that?

No. She was shown that one time, very early on in the Brett/Roo saga. Which would be before all the details and complexities of the Macklin family were mapped out and brought in as a recurring threat to the Bay, at which point I guess she was retconned out.

Archived