Levels Of Tragedy

AtlantaG1912

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, the author here! Firstly, I'm so sorry that It's been nearly a month since I last updated but that's down to my final ever uni deadlines before graduation, so that has kept me occupied (let's blame my dissertation sources as people were taking forever to get back to me). Secondly, I've had work as well with the football season ending, we had a lot of stuff to do at work than throw in last minute rugby games as well. Anyway, enough of the excuses here's the next chapter!

Chapter 26

(3:23pm) 2 minutes later…

"Kyle, it's me Tamara!" The young girl says with a smile.

Kyle starts to slowly open his eyes, but they don't seem to focus instead they just keep darting from side to side, like he was looking for someone.

Out of nowhere Doctor Murry appears beside Tamara: "Excuse me but I need you to wait outside."

Tamara goes to protest but Lydia drags her out of the room before she gets the chance.

(3:28pm) 5 minutes later…

Melbourne – Hospital – ICU – Outside Kyle's Room

Just as Lydia was dragging Tamara out of the room, the rest of the Braxton clan who were not contained to a hospital bed rounded the corridor.

"What's going on?" Brax demands to know.

Tamara stops struggling and turns to look at the oldest Braxton: "Kyle squeezed my hand. He's waking up!"

Everyone just stares at the young as they didn't know whether or not she was just imagining it. However, when they looked at Lydia, she was nodding her head as a way of telling them that Tamara was telling them the truth.

"Well, did he say anything?" Bianca asks.

"No, but he opened his eyes and started to scan the room like he was looking for someone." Tamara answered.

"Well at least he seems ok from that reaction." Heath laughs.

"Eh?" They all reply.

"Probably looking to make sure Case isn't in the room to have another go at him for something else." Heath continues to laugh.

Before Bianca had a chance to tell her husband to behave, Doctor Murry exited the hospital room and started to speak.

"Kyle seems to be doing well considering the amount of time he was unconscious for…"

"I can feel a but in there somewhere." Ricky states.

"But I'm a little concerned about the answer he gave me when I asked him some simple questions."

"Like what?" Brax quizzes the doctor.

"Well, I asked him where he lives and he said her in Melbourne but from what I gathered from Nurse White earlier in out meeting, you all live in a place called Summer Bay."

"Could that not just be him thinking you asked where he came from, as he was born and raised in Melbourne? He has only lived in the bay for a year." Ricky asks.

"No, I distinctly asked where does he currently live." Doctor Murry answers "However, I don't personally think we should be completely worried yet as it is sometimes normal for people to get confused when they wake up after being unconscious for a while."

"Are you sure?" says Bianca.

"We can never be 100 per cent sure. Anyway, you can go in and see him now if you would like?" Doctor Murry tells them just as a gust of air streams past his face, signally they had all just walked past him.

Lydia watches them all enter the room and then turns to the doctor: "Doctor Murry, are you sure that Kyle will be ok?"

"Ah Lydia, you and I both know the brain is one of those unsolved mysteries of the world. However, as I said he seems to be doing ok, but we will be keeping an eye on him." The doctor replies before leaving Lydia stood in the corridor on her own.

(3:44pm) 16 minutes later…

Melbourne – Hospital – ICU – Kyle's room

Tamara goes straight over to her boyfriend and pulls him into a hug: "I'm so happy your awake as I was so worried."

"We all are mate." Brax follows "How you feeling?"

Kyle feels the pressure of the girl release from him and he looks at the man in front of him with a curious look.

"Kyle, what's wrong?" Ricky asks him.

Looking at everyone in the room, Kyle opens his mouth to speak: "Yeah, there is something wrong actually."

"Ok then, spit it out as we haven't got all day." Heath jokes.

"Well I was just wondering, who are you people?" Kyle then points at Tamara and says, "I know who she is as she's my girlfriend, but I have no idea who the rest of you are sorry."

They all just stare at him with disbelief, then Ricky leaves the room to go and find the doctor.

"Also, where's dad as I think he will be worried?" Kyle continues to say.

Before Brax and Heath can remind him about their dad, Kyle's eyes roll into the back of his head and he starts to convulse….

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, the author here, thank you to everyone who continues to read this story and also to the people who continue to review it, I'm grateful for the reviews and enjoy reading them. Anyway, here's the next chapter.

Chapter 27

All around Kyle the machines continue to blast out the worst sound possible just as the nurses and Doctor Murry come rushing back into the room.

"He's fitting! Get them out of here now!" Doctor Murry shouts at no one in particular.

(3:49pm) 5 minutes later…

Melbourne – Hospital – ICU – Outside Kyle's Room

"Why do we always seem to be getting pushed out of the room?" Heath says to try and lighten the mood.

"Heath, seriously?" Bianca says to her fiancé.

"Well it's true woman!" Heath declares.

"Can you just shut up Heath!" Tamara yells.

Brax walks over to Tamara and wraps his arm around the young girl: "Heath, why don't you take Bianca and Ricky to see Case. Before you say anything, I feel like someone needs to inform him about what is going on with Kyle considering he seems to be worried about him."

Heath doesn't protest, instead he takes Bianca's hand and walks off to see Casey with Ricky in tow.

Tamara who hadn't watched them leave, turned to Brax: "Do you think he will be ok?"

"This is Kyle, he has the stubborn Braxton gene." Brax responds as he walks over to the seats and sits down.

"But he didn't know who you all were Brax. Then there was the fact he thinks your dad is still alive."

"Tam, you know better than any of us that those memories will come back."

"Yeah but it's not the same Brax. I didn't know anyone whereas Kyle still remembers me. I don't understand why?"

"Maybe you just happened to be the last person he was thinking about."

"I don't know Brax, what if he doesn't get the memories back?"

"Then he will create new ones, it will be fine. What we should be worried about is the fact he just had a seizure in front of us."

"I am worried about that too. Did you know that a blow to the head can cause a condition called Post-Traumatic Epilepsy?"

"What? He was pushed and hit is head of the floor and they said he was fine."

"Yeah but if he hit his head in the accident as well that could also add to the problem."

Looking at the young girl, Brax said calmly: "Tamara, why don't we just wait instead of jumping to conclusion? Beside where did you get that information, google?"

A smile creeped up Tamara's face when Brax said that last part.

"There's that smile, he will be fi.." Brax doesn't get a chance to finish as the doctor approaches them.

"For safety precautions, I've started Kyle on an anti-seizure drug to try and stop him having any more seizures." Doctor Murry states.

"What about the memory loss?" Brax asks.

"Well memory lose isn't uncommon after being unconscious however, your girlfriend told me that he doesn't even remember his father being dead."

"The only thing he remember is who I am." Tamara cuts in.

"See before I said I wasn't too concerned but now with the way he does not remember anything, but his own girlfriend has me more concerned than normal."

"So, what now?"

"Now I'm going to have the head of neurology take a look at your brother's MRI scans just to get a better understanding of what is actually going on."

"Are you telling me you have no idea what is wrong with him?" Brax demands to know as his voice rises slightly.

Tamara sensing the situation could turn badly, speaks up: "Brax try to stay calm. Dr Murry is trying his best to help. After all the brain is a complex organ and much about it still isn't know. Right?"

"She's a wise one, do you want a profession in medicine?" Doctor Murry asks her.

"I was thinking about it. Anyway, what are you hoping the neurologist will find?"

"Well I'm hoping that he can try and establish what the problem seems to be. Then once he has given me, a diagnose we can then proceed with the best care for Kyle." Doctor Murry says to both of them.

"Tamara mentioned that Kyle could develop Post-Traumatic Epilepsy, what is it?" Brax quizzes the doctor for more information.

"Take it someone has been looking up medical terms online." Doctor Murry smiles at Tamara then continues "Well, post-traumatic epilepsy depend on where in the brain the abnormality (electrical or chemical) occurs. The thing with this type of epilepsy is that only ten percent of people who present with a brain injury will develop this condition. However, most post-traumatic epilepsy responds well to anti-convulsant medications. It just takes finding the best drug and dosage, however, can take time, and anticonvulsants can trigger unpleasant side-effects."

"So, is that something your hoping to rule out once this other doctor has looked at the scans?"

"Yes, as like I said only ten percent of brain injuries result in this condition and as Kyle took a knock to the head both prior and during the accident, there is always that slim chance that he may end up developing PTE. Mr Braxton at this stage I wouldn't worry too much about it until we know for certain what is actually happening."

Tamara after remembering reading something online about memory loss, sparks up: "Couldn't memory loss also be a part of the condition?"

"I really think you should stop looking your boyfriend's symptoms up online. But yes, memory loss is also part of the condition, however it would only be briefly, and I get the sense that Kyle's memory loss is not just briefly."

"Well, I wanted to know what was happening as it was taking forever to get any information." Tamara states looking at the room in which her boyfriend is in "I don't suppose I can go back in there now and sit with him?"

"I advise read a medical textbook; I can point you in the direction of some great ones on the subject. Anyway, yes you can both go back in there but don't pressure him to remember anything as it will hopefully come back in its own time, but you have to be patient." Doctor Murry states.

"Thank you doctor." Tamara says then rushes back into her boyfriend's hospital room.

"Listen, thanks doc for everything your trying to do for my brother." Brax says as he offers his hand to shake the doctor's hand.

Shaking the oldest Braxton's hand Doctor Murry smiles and then says he will be with more information as soon as he can.

Brax then sighs, runs his hand through his hair and follows after the young girl.

• 1 month later...

Hello, the author here, sorry I haven't updated this story in while just been busy with uni stuff and personal stuff. Plus, kinda found it difficult to type with a cast on my arm. Also thank you for the reviews on both this and Kyle Braxton: One Shot series I enjoy reading them. Anyway, enough of that, here's the next chapter.

PS. I know this is short but I wanted it to be a filter.

Chapter 28

At the same time…

Melbourne – Hospital – Casey's Room

"Hello little brother, how's the leg?" Heath says as he enters the room. "Thought we would come and see how you were doing."

Casey puts down the magazine a nurse had brought him and just starred at his brother. He then turned to both Ricky and Bianca and asked: "Is he for real?"

Both the girls just laugh in response.

Looking at Heath, Casey answers: "The leg will be fine Heath. Also, did you decide that or did Brax tell you to come and see me?"

"Well, the big fella might have mentioned we come and see you and let you know how Kyle is doing."

"Thought so." Casey laughs "Anyway, how is Kyle? Has he woken up yet? What have the doctors said?"

"Dude too many questions!"

"Sorry, just no will tell me anything and you lot haven't exactly rushed in here to tell me either."

"Well then, have no fear the answers are here!" Heath joked.

When no laughed, Heath said: "That was funny."

"No Heath, it wasn't." Ricky says to him.

"Heath, why don't we just tell Casey what we know so far on Kyle?" Bianca says rationally.

"Fine." Heath states, then turns to Casey "The first thing we should tell you is his heart stopped again but he is over that from what we gathered. Anyway, turns out he has bruising on his brain which is why it took so long for him to wake up."

"Bruising on the brain? How is that even possible? I didn't think he hit his head in the accident." Casey tries to think back to the other night.

"Turns out, the girl you saw entering his hotel room was his ex and the two have them had got into an argument the night before and it ended up with Kyle bashing his head."

"So, that girl was his ex then." Casey smirks.

"Yeah she was. Back to story time, after we got the results of the MRI we left Tamara with Kyle and went to grab some food but while we were gone he started to wake up. But when we were able to see him there was a small problem."

"Which was?"

"Well Kyle doesn't know who we are. The only one he remembers is Tamara and to top it off he doesn't remember that dad is dead."

"WHAT?!"

"Yeah crazy we know but that's not all. A couple of seconds after that his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he started to fit. However, we are still waiting to know how he is."

"Rewind one second, he doesn't remember any of us?"

"Well he remembers Tam but that's about it." Ricky jumps into the conversation.

"He remembers her but not us lot and the fact that dad is dead. He didn't even meet Tam till after dad died."

"We know but it could just be that she was the last person he thought about before the accident happened." Bianca tells Casey what Ricky had said.

Casey looks at everyone and then turns to his brother: "Someone needs to tell him about dad before we head back to the Bay and someone there tells him, or he reads it someone."

"We will tell him Case don't worry. Right now, we need to make sure that he is ok first." Heath informs him "Because we don't know what caused the seizure or anything."

Casey just looks at Heath and nods as a sign of acknowledgement as he thinks just how perfect this situation now is because it means he can get what he wants without having to do something bad to the devil's spawn as his mother would call Kyle.

Archived