Levels Of Tragedy

AtlantaG1912

Chapter 33

(2:22pm) One week later…

Summer Bay – Braxton House – Garden

"Well that was Ricky, the four of them should be here anytime soon." Heath say's as he re-enters the garden.

"It will be good to have them all back. This house was starting to feel empty." Casey says, "Although it has been nice having no queue for the bathroom and being able to watch whatever I wanted to on the TV."

The sound of tyres on gravel interrupted their conversation, Bianca stands up and heads back inside: "I guess they're back."

(2:29pm) 7 minutes later…

Summer Bay – Braxton House – Driveway

Brax gets out the new car and goes to open the door to help Kyle out.

"You know I can walk right?" Kyle says as he starts to get annoyed.

"Yeah well considering there was a possibility you weren't going to; we don't want to risk that again. So, you are going to accept my help whether you want to or not." Brax reminds him.

With that Kyle admits defeat and accepts the help. Once he was steady the two brothers headed towards the front door leaving both Ricky and Tamara laughing.

(2:34pm) 5 minutes later…

Summer Bay – Braxton House – Living Room

"Welcome home!" Heath, Bianca and Casey all shout as Brax and Kyle walk through the door shortly followed by Ricky and Tamara.

Kyle smiles and looks around at the house: "Thank you I think."

"Well don't just stand there, come and sit down." Bianca tells him.

Kyle walks over to the sofa and sits down and continues to look at everything.

"Is it jogging anything?" Heath asks him knowing that Brax said he was remembering stuff but not everything.

"Not really." Kyle says as he turns to face them "Look, I know you want me to remember everything but even the doctor said I might not remember it all again."

Walking over to her boyfriend, Tamara sits down and says: "Don't worry no one here is expecting you to remember everything straight away ok."

"Ok."

"Right well I'm going to head home, as I can imagine Leah will be doing her nut." Tamara says as she stands back up and picks up her bag then heads towards the door.

"Wait, you aren't staying here." Kyle looks at her sadly.

"Sorry Kyle, I still have school tomorrow. Which means Leah is going to want me back home tonight, she let me miss a week to stay with you in Melbourne." Tamara reminds him "But something tells me she won't appreciate me staying here tonight, however if you need me you just have to call."

Kyle just nods and with that Tamara leaves.

Yawning Kyle covers his mouth, noticing the yawn Ricky suggests: "Why don't we show you to your room and you can get some sleep?"

"Yeah that sounds like a great idea." Kyle agrees and then gets up and follows Ricky to his room.

(3:02pm) 28 minutes later…

Summer Bay – Braxton House – Kyle's Bedroom

"Why is all my stuff in boxes if this is my room?" Kyle asks as he looks at the boxes.

Placing Kyle's bad beside his wardrobe, Ricky turns around: "Well, the night before you left to go to Melbourne, you told me that you were thinking of just staying there. So, I think you must have packed all your stuff up ready that way it would be easier for us to send your stuff back to you. We also found a letter you had wrote for Tam, which we assume must have been your way of explaining everything, but I can't remember were we put it."

"If this is my family, why would I decide to stay back in Melbourne?" Kyle asks again "I'm sorry if I'm asking to many questions just, I can't remember any of this."

"Because you and Casey had been arguing over Tamara but you two have put that behind you from what I can tell. Also, you don't need to apologise Kyle as we all understand. Now why don't you get some sleep and we can sort these boxes out tomorrow."

Kyle nods his head and walks over to the bed. Kicking his shoes off he pulls back the cover and gets in. With that Ricky leaves the room.

(3:15pm) 13 minutes later…

"Is he ok?" Brax asks as he notices Ricky re-enter the room.

"Well he was confused as to why his stuff was in boxes." Ricky tells them "But I told him why and that we can unpack them tomorrow."

"Maybe we should have unpacked them before he got back?" Bianca suggests.

"We could have ended up putting stuff back somewhere it shouldn't have been which would have only confused him some more as nothing would have been where he'd remember it to have been." Ricky reminds them.

"True, anyway me and Heath are going to head to Irene's for a catch up and food." Bianca tells them as she grabs her stuff.

"No bother but I need to head to the restaurant as I want to look over the paperwork etc." Brax tells them "Ricky, you still coming with me?"

Ricky responds with a nod of the head.

"Well we can't leave Kyle here alone." Heath informs them.

"Well I'm not going anywhere." Casey says.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah I have no plans other than sitting in the garden and soaking up the fresh air and sun." Casey laughs "Besides, I can't exactly go far on crutches, now can I?"

"That's very true." Brax agrees with him "Alright, but you keep an eye on Kyle."

Casey tells that he will and with that they all leave.

Thank God, they've all gone. I can now put my revenge plan into action. First step make sure that there is a note on the table to let Kyle know Brax wants to see him at the restaurant. At least he will get confused with that and hopefully get lost.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 34

(4:46pm) 1 hour and 31 minutes later…

Summer Bay – Braxton House – Kyle's Bedroom

Beep Beep

Beep Beep

Rolling over Kyle shoots a hand to the spot he had put his phone and grabs it.

Text Message

Tamara: Hey Kyle, just checking in.

Kyle: Hey TimTam, I've just woken up.

T: Woah!

K: What?

T: A Braxton who actually follows the doctor's advice when he says get some rest.

K: Haha, very funny.

T: I know I am. So, you're feeling better then?

K: If you say so haha. Yeah, a bit better still can't remember anything though.

T: What did I say Kyle?

K: Don't force it and I'm not.

T: Good, anyway I'm going to get back to this mountain of schoolwork I have to do before I go back tomorrow.

K: Good Luck! I love you.

T: Thanks and I love you too.

With that the texting stops and Kyle decided to get of bed and get a drink. Making sure his phone was placed back on the bedside cabinet, he gets up and leaves the room.

(5:05pm) 19 minutes later…

Entering the living room, Kyle expects to see everyone sitting down talking but there was no one there.

Walking further into the room, he notices the note on the table.

Hey Kyle, everyone has had stuff to do so once you wake up come and meet me at the restaurant and I'll get you a pizza. BRAX

Now he knows why the room was empty, Kyle shoves the note back in his pocket then quickly runs to his room to put his shoes on and then heads out the front door not realising that Casey is in fact sat in the garden.

(5:10pm) 5 minutes later…

Summer Bay – Braxton House – Garden

There he goes. This was so easy to trick him. The idiot is so gullible, he didn't even think about the fact he might not even remember how to get to the restaurant. Now I'll give it an hour then I'll text Brax, to let him know I went to check on Kyle, and he was gone.

With that Casey goes back to listening to his music without a care in the world.

(5:55pm) 45 minutes later…

Summer Bay – Road heading towards Yabbie Creek

After walking for nearly an hour Kyle decides to stop and sit down.

Well I don't think this is the right way. Brax is probably going to kill me although he might not. There again I don't really know what he will do it me. Have I even been to the restaurant before? I can't remember. I think maybe I should try and retrace my steps back to the house to be safe.

(6:10pm) 15 minutes later…

Casey is sat on the sofa when he decides to ring Brax.

Ring Ring

Ring Ring

Brax: Hey Case, what's up?

Casey: I think you need to come home.

B: Why?

C : Well, Kyle still wasn't awake so to be safe I went to check on him…

B: Right and was he ok?

C That's the thing, I don't know.

B: What do you mean you don't know?

C Well he wasn't in his room and his phone was on the bedside cabinet. I searched the whole house and couldn't find him, but the front door was wide open.

B: So, what you're saying is you've lost our brother.

C : Well I left a note on the table to say I was in the garden. I thought that way he would know to come into the garden, but the note was still on the table.

B: Right Casey, you ring Tamara just in case he has somehow made it to her place. I'm going to call Heath and we can go search for him.

C : Ok Brax. Just find him.

B: Don't worry Case we will.

Hanging up the phone Casey quickly texts Tamara asking her if Kyle is there, but she tells him no and asks him why. So, Casey tells him he has gone, and he can't find him. Tamara tells him she will go out and look for him as well.

This has worked better than I thought it would. I better write the note and put it on the table to show them that I did leave and note to say where I was. Hopefully he has lost the other one by now. Better yet maybe he will be lost and stay that way.

Meanwhile…

Summer Bay – In the bush

Kyle is wondering through the trees after getting confused when retracing his steps back to the house.

When did it become dark? Where even am I? I don't remember coming this way. What am I kidding, I don't remember going anyway. It's starting to get cold and stupid me forgot to put a coat on. I hope Brax will at least come and find me.

Kyle decides to continue going to the way he was in hopes he will make his way back to the house.

(6:21pm) 11 minutes later…

While still trying to find his way back, Kyle starts to feel dizzy. Suddenly his eyes roll into the back of his head and he drops to the ground where he starts fitting.

9 hours ago, Helena said:

Oh no Casey is really horrible I can't believe that he lied oh dear Kyle got sick and had a seizure I hope that someone finds him in time.

Thanks again for another lovely review currently writing the next chapter x

Great chapters! Oh no! I can’t believe Casey did that, I mean I knew that he was going to mess with Kyle and that he wanted him gone but getting him lost on his very first day back in summer bay is something that I didn’t expect. I really hope that someone finds Kyle and also finds out what Casey is doing before this gets worse. Poor Kyle he’s so confused and so sick, I guess he’s going to end up in hospital again. I just hope that someone will find him soon. 

Just now, Suzza101 said:

Great chapters! Oh no! I can’t believe Casey did that, I mean I knew that he was going to mess with Kyle and that he wanted him gone but getting him lost on his very first day back in summer bay is something that I didn’t expect. I really hope that someone finds Kyle and also finds out what Casey is doing before this gets worse. Poor Kyle he’s so confused and now he’s really sick. 

Thank you for the lovely review i'm writing the next chapter now. x

Hey guys the author here, just wanted to point out that I know Angelo would have already left the show by this point, but I decided to keep him in it for the purpose of the story. Also, there is a surprise past character who will appear too.

Chapter 35

(6:45pm) 24 minutes later…

"Anything?" Brax and Heath ask at the same time, as soon as they enter the house.

"Not yet?" Ricky says as she shakes her head and goes back to her phone.

"Who's she on the phone too?" Heath asks his fiancée.

"We thought it might be a good idea to call the police what with the TBI and everything." Bianca replies.

"That's actually a good idea, the more people searching for him the better." Brax added "Is Tamara still out looking for him?"

Casey turned away from the laptop to face his brother: "Yeah she said she was going to try Stewarts Point and Leah was going to drive her into Yabbie Creek on the off chance he's managed to make it all the way there on foot."

"Good, what are you doing?"

"Well I'm looking for a map of Summer Bay to print off, that way we can circle everywhere we have looked so we aren't going to be double checking them places again." Casey says as he prints a map off.

"Cool, then we can give that to the police then, so they know where we have and haven't checked." Brax concurred with his younger brother.

Just then Ricky says bye and hangs up the phone and places it on the table.

"What did Angelo say?" They all asked.

"He's coming put with some detective who is visiting from the City." Ricky informs them "Apparently, this detective is actually Leah's brother-in-law so that means he probably already heard about Kyle from Leah and Tamara."

"Well at least they seem to be taking this seriously." Heath adds to the conversation.

(7:01pm) 16 minutes later…

"So exactly what happened?" Detective Peter Baker asks the Braxtons.

As Casey was the one who is had found Kyle missing he decided to be the one that filled in the detective: "I had left that note on the dinning room table just so Kyle knew that there was in fact someone home but I was in the back garden. However, after a while I decided to go check on him because he still wasn't up and when I went to his room, he was gone but his phone was still on the bedside cabinet. So, I searched the whole house as best as I could while on crutches, but I couldn't find him. That's when I realised the note I left him hadn't been touched."

"So, you were the only one other than Kyle who was actually home?"

"Yeah. Heath and Bianca had gone to Irene's while Brax and Ricky were at the restaurant." Casey told him.

There was a noise outside, and everyone turned their heads hoping to see Kyle, but they were disappointed when it was only Leah and Tamara.

"Peter, what are you doing here?" Leah asks surprised to see the detective.

"Angelo got a phone call and I said I would come with him." Peter told her "I take it you two had no luck finding him then."

"Bingo!" Tamara said sadly, then she looked at Casey "This is all your fault!"

"Woah! How is this my fault?" a shocked Casey asks the teen.

"If you had kept checking on him then this would never have happened!"

"He was asleep Tamara besides I left a note on the table so he would know where I was."

"You heard the doctor back in Melbourne that with Kyle's type of injury we have to make sure that you write every detail down!"

"I didn't think that to go from the house out the back door into the garden would require directions!"

"Kyle can't remember living in this house for god sake. So, of course you need to write it down!" Tamara continues to yell at him.

"Well I'm so sorry that I didn't think for a couple of minutes!" Casey yells at her.

Thinking now would be a good idea to stop the two of them arguing, Angelo jumps in between them and says: "Instead of blaming each other, why don't we get back to what's important."

Everyone nods in agreement.

"Right, now as I understand you have a map with everywhere that you have searched circled?" Angelo checks with them.

"Yes, it was actually Casey's idea." Bianca informs them all.

Tamara just glares at Casey when Bianca says this.

"Well I think considering the fact that Kyle has a serious brain injury and that is now dark not to mention cold outside. I think we should get Alf to get the SES team together so we can check the bigger areas like the bushland surround the Bay." Peter says as he pulls out his phone.

"Do you think he has somehow ended up there?" Ricky asks him.

"It's certainly a possibility. Now if you will just excuse me." Peter says as he leaves the room.

Tamara watches Peter leave and then turns to Angelo with tears in her eyes and says: "Angelo, you have to find him as I can't lose him."

"Don't worry Tamara, we will find him I promise you." Angelo says "Why don't you girls stay here with Casey in case he comes back on his own and the rest of us will head over to the Surf Club as that's going to probably end being the base for the search."

"I'm not staying here with him." Tamara says standing up and pointing at Casey.

"Well you can come with us then." Heath says.

With that they all stop talking and split up with some staying at the house and the rest heading to the Surf Club for the start of what will be a very long night for everyone.

Great chapter! I’m so glad that Tamara still doesn’t trust Casey. I just hope they find Kyle soon and that he still has that note from Casey telling him to go to the restaurant, as this will cause others to get suspicious. 

8 hours ago, Suzza101 said:

Great chapter! I’m so glad that Tamara still doesn’t trust Casey. I just hope they find Kyle soon and that he still has that note from Casey telling him to go to the restaurant, as this will cause others to get suspicious. 

You will have to wait and see about to start writing the next chapter now. Currently using my week off to update this one and then do a couple of the one shots as well but I felt this deserved updating first lol.

Archived