AtlantaG1912

Levels Of Tragedy

Great chapter 

I hope Kyle wakes up soon 

oh Casey that is just low pretending to care about Kyle

Update again soon :) 

• Thanks 1

Hello, the author here, just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has continued to read this fanfiction. Also, thank you to everyone whos takes time out therir lives to write a review. They are so lovely and i enjoy reading them all. Anyway, here's the next chapter.

Chapter 23

(9:50pm) 12 minutes later…

Melbourne – Hospital – ICU – Kyle's Room

Tamara was sat talking to an unconscious Kyle when Brax quietly slipped into the room.

"Guess what Kyle, Brax has eventually returned and he has coffee." Tamara laughs as she turns around to look at the oldest Braxton "Did they have to pick the coffee beans before making it?"

Brax walks over to her and hands over the coffee: "I didn't know you were funny."

"Well I am now." Tamara continues to laugh as she takes the coffee "So, what was your excuse then?"

"I thought I would give you some time alone with Kyle, before everyone returns to visit. Ended up sitting with Ricky in the canteen then popped into Case's room to check on him but he was fast asleep."

"Thanks Brax! I'm grateful that you wanted to do that but he's your brother you can be here too. Also, do you honestly think this whole thing with Casey caring about Kyle is genuine?"

"I know I am, but you haven't seen him in a couple of days and the first time you do since going on this stag do, it's in a hospital and he's unconscious. Also, I honestly do so I wouldn't worry about it as Casey seems to be really worried that Kyle might not be alright."

"Well first off, Kyle will be fine." Tamara states then continues "After all he has that stubborn Braxton gene. Secondly, you're probably right and I'm just ready way too much into this than there actually is. However, you can't really blame me for thinking like this considering he hasn't really been very nice to Kyle since we got together."

"You're right Kyle will be fine." Brax says as he sits down on the opposite side of the bed "No one can really blame you for thinking this way, but we do need to give Case a chance to prove that he can care about Kyle instead of hating him all the time."

With that in mind both Brax and Tamara go back to looking at Kyle. They both start a conversation with Kyle in hopes that he would responds to one of them.

At the same time…

Melbourne – Hospital – Waiting Room

"I don't understand why we can't seem him!" Phoebe says to her friend "After all we know him better than any of those other people."

Alex sighs and for what felt like the seventieth time he repeats himself: "As I keep saying Pheebs that just because we have known him the longest doesn't mean anything. They are his family and before you say no, they aren't as we are his family, you have done nothing but be horrible to Kyle since he got here and then you pushed him which caused him to bash his head. So tell me, how can you really call him family?"

"I apologised to him Alex and he forgave me for what I did. To top it off when I peaked in through the window to Kyle's hospital room, there was a girl sat in there who I hadn't seen before, she has no right to be in there at all!"

When Phoebe mentions the girl, Alex starts to describe her to make sure that the girl was his best mate's girlfriend.

"Yeah that was her!"

"Well Pheebs I hate to break it to you, but that girl has every right to be in there."

"I don't understand what you are on about."

"The girl you saw is Kyle's girlfriend Tamara."

Just then the door opened and Lydia enters and hears what Alex says: "Did I just hear you right?"

"Yeah you did Lyds."

"I thought she was related to them not Kyle's girlfriend when I told them where to go earlier."

"Did they know who you were?" Alex laughs.

"No but that's because I didn't tell them." Lydia quickly replies: "Look I have to and check on Kyle then I'm finished so we should head home and come back tomorrow."

"I not going anywhere till I've seen him." Phoebe states as she throws herself into one of the chairs.

Alex turns and answers: "Yes you are and if you don't walk out of here yourself, I will carry you."

With that Lydia, tells them she will meet them back at reception after she checked on Kyle.

(10:18pm) 28 minutes later…

Melbourne – Hospital – ICU – Kyle's Room

As Lydia enters the room, she notices that the occupants of both chairs were asleep and she didn't really blame them as it had been a long day for everyone.

Quietly she grabbed the chart from the bottom of the bed and then walked over to the machines and started running through the list of things she needed to do.

While Lydia was working on this Tamara opened her eyes and sat up: "How is he?"

Startled Lydia turns around to find Tamara looking at her: "He's doing as well as can be expected at this stage although we would have preferred for Kyle to have woken up by now, but knowing Kyle he is going to make us all sweat a little..."

Lydia suddenly stops talking when she realises what she had just said.

"What did you just say?" Tamara asks the nurse as she didn't think she heard her correctly.

"Nothing."

"No, you just said something that made it sound like you know Kyle."

Knowing she wasn't getting out of this conversation, Lydia responded: "Me and Kyle have been friends since high school."

"Hang on, you aren't by any chance Lydia White, are you?"

"Yeah I am but how do you know that?"

Tamara looks at the woman and smiles: "Kyle has told me all about you, Alex Maden and Phoebe Nicholson. My name is Tamara Kingsley, the girlfriend."

The last part cause both girls to laugh but they quickly stop when they see Brax move from the corner of their eyes.

"Well Tamara its lovely to meet you eventually. Kyle told us so much about you before he even arrived in Melbourne and then continued to talk about you when he got here."

"Good things I hope?" Tamara quizzes.

"Don't worry not a bad thing was said. We could tell that he really cares about."

"I care about him too."

Looking at the clock, Lydia notices she has finished her shift and her friends will be waiting for her: "Look I'm about to finish but I'll be back tomorrow morning why don't we grab lunch in the canteen and we can get to know each other a bit more than what Kyle has told us about each other."

"You know what that would be great as it will give the others a chance to see Kyle. I guess I will see you tomorrow then." Tamara says then repositions herself in the chair.

Lydia bids her goodbye, places the chart back where it belongs then heads off to clock out and go home.

Great chapter 

Tamara making a joke to Brax about taking forever to get coffee.

Lydia and Tam meeting was a nice touch.

Update again soon :)

I really enjoyed this chapter it was nice of Tamara to make a joke about the coffee and also for her and Lydia to have a conversation