Levels Of Tragedy

AtlantaG1912

Chapter 40

(6:08pm) 46 minutes later…

Summer Bay – Braxton House – Garden

While Kyle was heading to the Diner with Tamara, Casey was sat on his in the garden thinking to himself:

So, Kyle got accepted to uni? Hmm, this could have the potential to become really interesting. Especially with the fact he didn't tell anyone he was going to apply or the fact that he got accepted. Haha, the guy doesn't even think he smart enough to go. Well that part is true, even more so now. I wonder what he will do. Maybe I should tell the others about it. Being nice to Kyle is so easy however that is only part of my master plan. If I want Tamara back, I still need to get rid of Kyle. Oh well, I guess I'll have a think.

(6:19pm) 11 minutes later…

Summer Bay – The Pier Diner - Outside

Walking towards the Diner entrance, Kyle noticed the seats outside.

"Hey Tamara." Kyle began.

"Yes?" Tamara replied to him.

"I don't suppose we could sit outside. As I don't fancy meeting more people right now."

"Sure, why don't you grab a seat and I'll see if I can get the milkshakes and cake in takeout form but with forks obviously."

"That would be great. I'll just be sat over there." Kyle tells her as he points at the seat.

"No bother, I won't be long." Tamara says then enters the Diner.

With that Kyle goes and sits down.

(6:26pm) 7 minutes later…

Summer Bay – The Pier Diner – Inside

"Hello love." Irene says as Tamara approaches the counter.

"Hi Irene, how are you?" Tamara asks the woman.

"I'm fine thank you. Now what can I get you?"

"Can I get a piece of chocolate mud cake with two forks. Can I also grab one strawberry milkshake and one mint Oreo milkshake to go please?"

"Sure thing doll. I take it the mint Oreo is for Kyle?" Irene says the young girl as she passes the order on to one of the staff.

"It sure is Irene."

"How is Kyle doing anyway? Especially after the other night."

"He seems to be doing ok. He's sat outside right now."

"Why don't you tell him to come in? I'd love to say hello."

"He actually asked to sit out there Irene."

"Oh why?"

"Well he met Marilyn and Mr Stewart this morning and obviously Leah this afternoon. He just didn't want to meet someone else right now."

"Well that's understandable I suppose. It must be hard for him." Irene says to the girl as she gives her the order.

"I suppose the good thing is, I know what he's going through so out of all us I'm in a better position to help him." Tamara explains to her "Anyway, how much do I owe you?"

"It's on the house love."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah my way of welcoming Kyle back home." Irene tells her.

"Well thank you Irene." Tamara says then picks up the order and leaves.

(6:46pm) 20 minutes later…

Summer Bay – The Pier Diner – Outside

When Tamara exited the Diner, she noticed Kyle was sat talking to someone.

(20 minutes earlier) …

While Kyle was sat waiting for Tamara, he was looking at something on his phone when he felt someone standing beside him.

"Hi Kyle." The girl says.

"Sorry do I know you?" Kyle asks her.

"Whoops I forgot you won't remember me." She says as she sits down "I'm Sasha, one Tamara's friends."

"Nice to meet you Sasha." Kyle says holding out his hand.

Looking confused but shaking it anyway, Sasha continues: "So, how are you?"

Sighing, Kyle speaks: "Honestly, I'm sick everyone asking me that."

"I can imagine it must be annoying."

"Try extremely annoying." Kyle laughs "Sorry if I'm not being too friendly it's just been a weird day."

"No honestly your being just fine. What's happened today like, if you don't mind me asking?"

"No, you can ask, Casey found a letter in my bedroom."

"Casey?"

"Yeah he was helping me to unpack everything."

"Casey was helping?"

"Yeah, why is everyone saying it like that?"

"Oh no reason. Anyway continue."

"Well it was an acceptance letter to university. Tamara said I had told her I was applying but I can't remember doing it."

"Oh, I remember Tamara telling me a couple of months ago that when she had applied you had told her that you were starting to consider getting a university degree."

"Does anyone else know about this mysterious application." Kyle says causing the both of them to laugh.

"I have no idea on that front but congratulations. I actually got my uni acceptance letter last week to study English which strangely enough is also at the local university in Yabbie Creek."

"Thank you and congratulations yourself. Tamara got accepted to do Medicine this morning so she's over the moon."

"Thanks, and I know she pretty much screamed down my ear this morning when we met to walk to school."

"That definitely sound like Tamara." Kyle says.

"So, what you going to do?" Sasha asks him.

"About what?"

"Well university silly."

"I don't know as I don't think I'm smart enough to go."

"Sure, you are. They accepted you, didn't they?"

"Yeah but the letter was dated before I lost my memories."

"But they will understand if you call and explain. They should have something in place for a situation like this."

"You think so?" Kyle quizzes her.

"I know so!" Sasha laughs.

(Present Time) ...

Approaching the table, Tamara says: "Know about what."

"Hey Tam, Kyle here was just telling me about the university letter."

"Was he now?" Tamara says looking at him "I thought you wanted to sit out here, so you didn't have to meet anyone else today."

Before Kyle has a chance to say anything Sasha explains that it was her fault. She had seen Kyle sitting on his own and thought she'd come and say hello to him.

Sitting down beside Kyle, Tamara says: "That's ok. Thanks for keeping him company."

"It was no bother honestly. Now I'm going to go grab something to eat." Sasha says as she stands up.

Kyle looks at Tamara, who nods her head and says: "Why don't you join us?"

Shocked, Sasha says: "Sorry?"

"Why don't you get your food to go and come sit with us?"

"If your both sure then yeah. I would only be eating alone as Matt is working. I won't be long." Sasha says then rushes inside to order.

Turning to face Tamara, he asks: "Whose Matt?"

Laughing and handing Kyle his milkshake, Tamara says: "I'll let Sash tell you."

This cause Kyle to look even more confused but doesn't say anything instead he just takes a drink and stays quiet.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved the two chapters.

Wow Kyle got accepted into uni! That’s amazing! I’m just surprised he didn’t tell anyone, maybe he was afraid Casey would tease him for it. Kyle and Tamara are so cute together!! i love how his memory is coming back, but I’m nervous about Casey. He seems really annoyed that Kyles memory is coming back, which means he might hurt him more soon, before Kyle gets enough memory to come back and remembers everything! I love Kyles character in this. I also love the conversations that he’s having with the people in the bay. I also love the fact that he reads. I remember when he first arrived he said he didn’t bring ‘ a library bag’ because he didn’t know how the boys would react. 

Once again great chapters! Sorry for my babbling, just loved these chapters so much! There is so much to talk about. :) 

Can’t wait to read more! 

1 hour ago, Suzza101 said:

Loved the two chapters.

Wow Kyle got accepted into uni! That’s amazing! I’m just surprised he didn’t tell anyone, maybe he was afraid Casey would tease him for it. Kyle and Tamara are so cute together!! i love how his memory is coming back, but I’m nervous about Casey. He seems really annoyed that Kyles memory is coming back, which means he might hurt him more soon, before Kyle gets enough memory to come back and remembers everything! I love Kyles character in this. I also love the conversations that he’s having with the people in the bay. I also love the fact that he reads. I remember when he first arrived he said he didn’t bring ‘ a library bag’ because he didn’t know how the boys would react. 

Once again great chapters! Sorry for my babbling, just loved these chapters so much! There is so much to talk about. :) 

Can’t wait to read more! 

Thank you the lovely review. 

I'm glad the uni bit is going down well as when i wrote it in i was worried people wouldn't like the fact that Kyle had applied for uni. But rewatching old episodes and listen to Kyle tell Tamara he had done really well at school i thought well he never mentioned going to uni so why don't i change it make him apply now lol. In terms of his memory i was going to a big one straight of the bat but thought when i did some research 9 times out 10 its the small things people seem to remember first. Casey will be getting bigger parts coming up so watch out for them chapters. With the conversations i was like oh we never really got to see Kyle ever meet the residents of Summer Bay properly for the first time so why not haha. I'm so glad someone else remembered that line which the whole point of why i had books involved, i was wanted to show that over the period he had been in the Bay he did actually read. 

Don't worry about the babbling i love reading reviews like this they make me smile to know people love reading them as much as i love writing them. If you ever want to talk more about them just send me a message i don't mind i love talking to other fans and my fanfic readers.

xx

Chapter 41

(7:00pm) 14 minutes later…

"Who was that?" Ricky asks Brax as he rejoins her in the garden.

"It was Tamara." Brax tells as he sits back down beside her.

"Oh, what did Tam want?" Ricky says, "Does Kyle want to come home?"

"Actually, they are both at the Diner."

"The Diner?"

"Yeah apparently Tamara got accepted to uni this morning to study Medicine, so they went to get milkshakes to celebrate."

"I bet she's over the moon about that." Ricky mentions to Brax.

"She probably is. Anyway, Kyle just met Sasha so they're all hanging out apparently."

Just then Heath and Bianca appear and join the couple.

"What we talking about?" Heath quizzes them.

"Kyle is hanging out with Tamara and Sasha at the Diner." Brax responds.

"Didn't the doctor in Melbourne say social situations would probably be difficult for him?" Bianca says remembering what they had been told only a week ago.

"Yeah but when you think about the fact, he wasn't very social anyway it might have done the opposite and made him social. Beside Tamara did mention that he asked if they could sit outside as he didn't feel ready to meet more people." Brax tells them all.

"Well let's take this as a positive." Ricky suggests.

They all agree with that, then Heath speaks up: "Did you know Kyle remembered something today?"

"What?!" Both Bianca and Ricky shout at the same time.

"Yeah he remembered what my maths HSC score was. So, it may have only been something small but its' still the start of him getting his memories back."

"That's good as long he remembers not to force it everyone will be ok." Bianca reminds them. "Hey, where's Casey?"

"He's doing something in his room." Ricky tells them.

With that they all start talking about their day.

(At the same time) …

Summer Bay – Braxton House – Casey's Room

How am I going to tell them that Kyle applied for uni? Also, the fact he got accepted. I mean it needs to sound like I'm genuinely happy for him that I thought they should know instead of me trying to ruin his life. Oh I know, tomorrow morning over breakfast I'll say something to Kyle about it and then they will all start asking what I'm on about which means Kyle will have to tell them the truth.

I don't know what it is, but I part of me feels like this memory loss of his isn't real and he's just faking it. I suppose it's a good way to get what you want.

Casey is pulled out of his thoughts by his phone going ping to let him know he had a text.

Text Message

Sasha: What are you up to?

Casey: Well hello to you too. I don't know what you're on about.

S: You helping Kyle all of a sudden.

C : Jesus Christ! The guy has lost his memory all I'm doing is trying to help him out.

S: But you hate Kyle that was obvious when you two left for Melbourne.

C : Yeah well, I've stopped hating after the thought of nearly losing him made me see sense.

S: I still think you're up to something.

C : Why do you care if I was anyway? You don't even know Kyle.

S: I do know Kyle. Beside we have just been talking and I'm about to go back and join him and Tamara. But like I said I still think you're up to something and I'm going to find out what.

C : Ok you have fun and tell them I say hi. You can keep thinking that, but I promise I'm not.

Sasha never responds to the text message that Casey had just sent.

With Sasha now deciding to be friends with Kyle and the fact she thinks he is up to something, makes Casey think he needs to be more careful in what he does to Kyle now.

(7:27pm) 27 minutes later…

Summer Bay – The Pier Diner – Outside

"Sorry I took so long but Irene decided to give me a lecture on not doing my chores." Sasha tells Kyle and Tamara as she sits back down.

Putting her milkshake down on the table, Tamara replies: "That's ok, we were just talking more about university."

"Really?"

"Yeah." Kyle says to her "I think your right about ringing them and see what they say as they might be able to help me out. Beside it might be fun to go to uni now that I will know two people who will be there as well."

"That's great Kyle." Sasha says as she pops a chip into her mouth.

"Sash really?" Tamara laughs at her friend.

"I said was hungry."

"You're just like Matt, you know that right?"

Remembering that Tamara had said to ask Sasha who Matt was, Kyle decided now was a good idea: "Sorry if this out of line but who is Matt?"

The two girls just laugh, then Sasha explains to him that Matt is her boyfriend and he also works at the restaurant which is why he isn't with her right now.

"Oh, so that's who he is." Kyle says trying to picture the guy Sasha had just told him about.

"Yep but don't worry knowing Matt, you'll meet him soon enough." Tamara tells her boyfriend.

"I wasn't worried. So, is he going to university too?"

"I'd like an answer to that as well as he was being very vague about it when Oscar asked him earlier."

Sasha puts down the burger she had just picked up and says: "Well he did apply to do art, but I don't know if he got in yet and even if he does, I have no idea if he will go."

"Surely if his girlfriend got in then he'd want to go to." Kyle pointed out "I mean that might be why I started to consider going to university then took the leap and applied."

Looking at her boyfriend, Tamara smiles: "Aww Kyle. Did you apply just see me more often?"

"Honestly TimTam, I have no idea maybe it will come back eventually. However, until then we will just have to imagine why I did it." Kyle says causing all three of them to laugh.

"Tell me how you got the wise one?" Sasha asks in amongst all the laughing.

"Because I'm lucky that's why." Tamara says then gives Kyle a kiss.

For the next hour the three of them continue to chat and completely forget about that fact that Kyle had lost his memory. Instead they acted like nothing was different except for the fact he was being more social.

Once they noticed they time they had quickly said goodbye then left the Diner to head home. Only Tamara took a detour to drop Kyle off before going home herself.

Ohh I loved this chapter! It was great!

The scenes between Kyle, Sasha and Tamara were great and I love how Sasha is on to Casey, it means he will have someone to protect him from Casey. Oh no Casey thinks that Kyle is faking, that means he might try and prove it, only to make things worse.

looking forward to reading more. :) 

Great chapter

great Kyle is remembered things

Casey wasn't excepting that so quick huh?

great that Sasha is thinking Casey is up to something and Kyle met a few more people.

Update again soon   :)

Just a quick note to say thank you for all the lovely reviews so far and i enjoy reading them. If you every want to discuss a chapter in more detail don't be afraid to send me a message and i will respond as soon as i can. Also this is just another filter chapter.

Chapter 42

(6:35am) Next Morning…

Brax had decided they should have breakfast outside this morning before Bianca and Heath went to work, so now they were all sat together eating.

Placing a plate of pancakes on the table, Ricky asked Kyle: "Did you have good night?"

"Yeah I did thank you. I got to spend time with Tamara and got to meet Sasha one of Tamara's friends." Kyle says then takes a quick sip of orange juice "She was very nice and helped to figure something out."

"Oh, what was that then?" Bianca asks her soon to be brother-in-law.

"Well, when we me and Casey were sorting the boxes out in my room yesterday, we found a booklet for the local university."

"Really?" Bianca and Ricky say in shock.

"Yeah turns out I had applied to university four months ago when we checked my laptop and we also found a letter dated from two or three weeks back saying I had been accepted to start in September."

Brax smiles and then speaks: "That's great news Kyle. We didn't realise you had applied."

"Neither did I until Casey found the stuff. He was the one that suggested I speak to Tamara as she might know more about it." Kyle says just as Casey appears.

Sitting down at the table, Casey asks: "What we talking about?"

Maybe now will be my chance to slip the university thing into the conversation.

Heath decides to fill Casey in on what he had missed: "Kyle here was telling us that he had been accepted into university."

Oh, for god sake! Why did he have to tell them? Guess I'll have to think about something else now.

"Oh yeah, it's great news ain't it." Casey replies "Did you tell that what you applied to study?"

"No, he hadn't yet." Bianca tells him "What did you apply to do Kyle?"

"Well the letter said Hospitality Management." Kyle laughs then continues "So, I guess from what Brax said about me being the manager of the restaurant before I lost my memory, I had decided I wanted to get training and a degree in it."

"Well I for one think that's great, that you want to improve." Ricky says to them all "So what did Sasha help you figure out then?"

"Well I didn't think I would be able to still do the course, but she suggested and Tamara too that I call the university and ask them if they would be able to do anything. Because I'm pretty sure they were able to help Dex after his car accident and brain injury." Kyle says without thinking about it.

Instead of responding they all just stare at him.

"What? Why are you all staring at me like that?"

"You just remembered something else."

Kyle quickly thinks about it for a couple of minutes then says: "Huh so I did. I didn't even force it either."

"Well it think that this moment requires a toast and I think we should have a BBQ for dinner to celebrate." Brax tells them.

"Can we invite Tamara?" Kyle asks "Oh, Sasha and her boyfriend too? As I'd like to meet him as he sounds interesting."

Heath smiles at the thought of his brother actually wanting to speak to other people: "I suppose the more the merrier, right brax?"

"Yeah why not." Brax tells them.

"Cool I'll tell Tamara to tell them." Kyle says.

Bianca stands up after looking at the time on her phone: "Well why I don't I tell Tam when I see her at School?"

"Why would you see her at school?" Kyle asks curiously.

"I'm the headmaster remember?" Bianca says to him.

"I forgot sorry." Kyle tells her "But that would be great thank you."

"That's ok Kyle. Anyway, I'll see you all later." Bianca says as she grabs her bag from of the back the seat and leaves.

With that the others start to clear the breakfast items away while Casey has a think to himself:

A BBQ for dinner to celebrate? Hmmm, a family BBQ wouldn't be the same without mum here. This day was starting to go badly but now I think tonight will be more fun than I thought.

Casey quickly pulls out his phone and texts Cheryl to let her know and she replies with a simple see you later. Stuffing his phone back in his pocket Casey stands up carefully and hobbles back inside with knowledge that tonight is probably going to terrify Kyle.

Great chapter! Like Heath I’m glad that Kyle is wanting to talk to others. I love how the family are so supportive of Kyle and how they’re having a BBQ in celebration for him. But I’m nervous about Cheryl. I feel that it will affect Kyle a lot more than it used to. 

Archived