Levels Of Tragedy

AtlantaG1912

Great chapter

Kyle seems to be okay but wonder if something might happen when Brax isn't looking

It was a good idea for Kyle to get some fresh air 

Update again soon :)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone, author here just to let you know that this chapter is short due to it being a filter chapter

Chapter 38

(10:59pm) 28 minutes later…

Summer Bay – Surf Club – Main Area

Entering the Surf Club, Kyle was surprised to see everything there was within just the main area itself. Then he saw the saw signs, one point towards a doorway to the left of him which led into the Gym, where both Heath and Casey worked. The other sign led up the stairs to where the family restaurant was located.

Before he had a chance to say anything a lady, he didn't recognise came over to him.

"Kyle, how are you?" the lady says to him.

Kyle just looked at the women and then at Brax with a look of confusion on his face.

"For god sake women give him a chance to adjust to his surroundings before you pounce on him." A man says as he comes out of the office.

"Oh, hush Mr Stewart."

Thinking he should probably say something, Kyle replies: "I'm fine thank you."

Brax decides now might be a good idea to reintroduce Kyle to everyone: "Kyle, this is Marilyn our next-door neighbour. This man here is Alf Stewart he set the search up the other night to help find you."

"Well I guess nice to meet you both." Kyle says politely then turning to Alf he holds out his hand "Thank you for helping Brax and Heath to find me."

Shaking Kyle's hand, Alf responds with: "It was no bother young fella. I'm just happy that we managed to find you."

"Anyway, we better get upstairs as I have some stuff to do." Brax says as he notices how awkward Kyle seems to feel around them.

With that the two of them say goodbye and head upstairs.

(11:19am) 20 minutes later…

Summer Bay – Surf Club – Angelos – Main Restaurant Area

Walking over to the bar, Brax says hi to his staff then grabs the books: "Kyle, why don't we sit outside. That way we can't be disturbed."

Kyle nods his head in agreement and then follows Brax outside.

(11:24pm) 5 minutes later…

Summer Bay – Surf Club – Angelos – Balcony

"So, is this what you do?" Kyle asks Brax as they sit down.

"Well I used to." Brax replies as he opens the books.

"Used to?"

"Yeah until you came to the Bay and I made you the manager."

"Me?!"

"Yes you. Your great at it too."

"I know I got top grades in my HSCs, but I don't think I'm good enough for a manager role."

"Believe me you are good enough. Kyle, the staff love you because you're the type of boss that this place needed."

"If you say so but I don't think I am good enough." Kyle says then looks into the restaurant and mutters "Especially now."

Watching his brother, Brax comes up with and idea: "Well why don't I show you how to do the books and then you can give it a try?"

Kyle turns back around: "Sure it can't hurt can it."

With that Brax takes Kyle through the books and also rights down what he needs to do just so he can refer back to something. Once he was finished explaining, Brax went off to put an order for lunch in and get some drinks.

(2:01pm) 2 hours and 37 minutes later…

Summer Bay – Surf Club – Angelos – Main Restaurant Area

Kyle was currently sat at the table nearest to the bar when Heath appeared out of nowhere.

"Hey Kyle." Heath says as he sits down beside him.

"Hi." Kyle replies with a sad look on his face like something was bothering him.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong."

"Then why do you have that look on your face?"

Taking one look at Heath and knowing he isn't going to give up, Kyle sighs in defeat: "I think Brax is going to be angry."

"Why?"

"Well, I messed up one of the calculations in the book."

"Kyle, he will understand if you tell him."

"No! We can't tell him; I don't want him to get angry and kick me out as I don't know where to go. I mean could go to Tamara's, but I don't know how to get there."

"Well, why don't I help you?"

"You?"

"Yes me."

"No offence but did you even finish school."

"Well I finished only exam I did was maths though." Heath says which gets a laugh from Kyle.

"You got an 82 for maths, right?" Kyle says.

"Yeah I di…" Heath stops midsentence then just stares at Kyle with a smile on his face.

"What?"

"You remembered."

"Remembered what?"

"The mark I got on my maths exam."

Suddenly it clicks in Kyle's mind and he starts to smile too: "I remembered."

"You sure did." Heath replies.

Before Kyle could say anything else, Brax appears from the Kitchen and notices the smiles on his brothers' faces: "What's going on?"

"Kyle, just remembered something." Heath tells him excitedly.

"That's great mate."

"It was only Heath's maths HSC score. So, nothing special." Kyle tells them while playing with the pen lid.

"It doesn't matter. You remembered something that's all that counts." Brax tells him "I'm kind of sick of this place, so why don't we head home and watch a movie?"

"Well I was hoping we could go and see Tamara?"

"I don't think she will be finished school yet mate. But once she is why don't I take you round then?" Brax suggest.

Kyle nods in agreement then closes the books for the restaurant: "Oh Brax."

"Yes Kyle?" Brax says taking the books from him.

"I need to tell you something and Heath said you wouldn't be angry so please don't be angry."

"Angry about what?"

"I messed up one of the calculations."

Brax just laughs, then says: "That's ok Kyle, it was your first time doing them. Anyway, let's head home."

With that the three Braxtons head back to the house.

I really enjoyed this chapter.  It was lovely to see Marilyn and Mr Stewart loved the scenes between Brax and Kyle and Heath especially Kyle not wanting to tell Brax about messing up a calculation.  Looking forward to reading more.

On 02/04/2020 at 07:06, Helena said:

I really enjoyed this chapter.  It was lovely to see Marilyn and Mr Stewart loved the scenes between Brax and Kyle and heath especially Kyle not wanting to tell Brax about messing up a calculation.  Looking forward to reading more.

I'm glad you liked it. Considering i just wrote this filter chapter in an hour i'm quite proud of myself lol.

Great chapter!

Yay! Kyle’s remembered something! That’s great. I’m starting to wonder whether Kyle will be different after this. Like how he felt that he wasn’t good enough to be manager. I just wonder if he’s going to be more insecure from now on, or maybe just until he gets his memory back. I just hope that he doesn’t get hurt again by one of Casey’s plans. 

Can’t wait to see what happens next.

16 hours ago, Helena said:

No problem you should be proud of yourself I hope that you are talking care of yourself.

i am thank you even that means i haven't been out since lockdown started haha and i hope you stay safe too x

Chapter 39

(3:46pm) 1 hour and 45 minutes later…

Summer Bay – Braxton House – Kyle's Bedroom

"Where do you want these?" Casey ask Kyle as he takes some books out of one of the boxes.

Kyle looks around and points at the desk: "I suppose the desk, seems the most logical place to put them."

Hobbling over to the desk, Casey places the books on the side then says: "I think you need a bookshelf."

"Why? I don't have that many books."

"Well in case you wanted more books then you would have somewhere to put them."

"Maybe." Kyle says while folding a pair of jeans.

"Why don't we see what Brax thinks?"

Just then Brax enters the room: "Brax thinks about what?"

"I suggested to Kyle that maybe we should get him a bookshelf."

"Sure, we can have look when we next going to Yabbie Creek."

"You don't have to do that Brax." Kyle says as he takes some more clothes out of the box.

"Kyle its fine." Brax says "Anyway I'm going to pop to the beach with Heath for a surf. Ricky will be here, and she said once Tamara finishes school, she'll take you round."

"Thank you Brax." Kyle says as Brax leaves the room "Oh Casey."

"Yeah mate."

"Thanks for helping me with all this." Kyle tells him as he points at the boxes.

"It's no bother. After all I can't really do much else can I?" Casey laughs as he takes some stuff out of another box.

"Well you could be watching tv or hanging out with your friends."

"Who all busy at work."

"Oh yeah."

Sorting through the stuff he had just pulled out the box, Casey spots a booklet for the local university: "Hey Kyle."

"Yeah."

"What's this?" Casey says holding the booklet up.

"No idea. I don't think I've ever seen that before."

Casey opens it up the page that had a folded corner: "Well this course page is folded and has your handwriting on it."

Putting the jacket down, Kyle approaches Casey and takes the booklet: "Your right it does have my handwriting in it."

Casey then spots an envelope, with the university logo on it: "You also have a letter from them."

Taking the letter and opening it, Kyle starts to read it: "This is an acceptance letter to study Hospitality Management. It says I will be starting in September."

"That's amazing. Hang on when did you apply to uni."

"I don't remember applying." Kyle says starting to get confused.

"Why don't we check your emails because we might find the application you sent off." Casey says grabbing the laptop off the desk and sitting down on the bed.

Casey goes through the laptop and finds Kyle's emails, both of them grateful that Kyle hadn't logged out of it. Searching the emails for the university, Casey stops.

"Why did you stop searching?" Kyle asks him while looking at the screen.

Casey opens the email: "Dude, you sent your application in four months ago."

"Why would I do that?"

"I have no idea. But this is great news."

"It is?"

"One of us it actually smart enough to go to university." Casey says causing the two of them to laugh.

"But aren't you taking a personal trainer course." Kyle says out of the blue.

Casey stops laughing and suddenly realises: Crap! He's starting to remember stuff quicker than I thought he would. Unless I told him that last week? No why would I say that to him.

"Casey?" Kyle says waving his hand in front of Casey's face.

Snapping back to reality: "Sorry Kyle, I was just thinking."

"About?"

"How we should tell the others you've been accepted to university."

"I don't think so." Kyle says taking the laptop and closing it.

"Why not?"

"Because I can't go to university now."

"Sure, you can."

"I'm too dump for that."

"Your only dump if you think that you can't go to uni." Casey tells him.

Before Kyle, has a chance to respond, Ricky appears in the doorway: "Sorry to interrupt but Tamara just called. She's home from school if you want to go round."

"Yes please."

"Ok then grab your stuff and I'll take you." Ricky says as she leaves the room to go grab the car keys.

Standing up Casey, takes the acceptance letter and hands it to Kyle.

"Why are you giving me this?" Kyle asks him out of curiosity.

"Show it to Tamara as she might be able to shed some more light on the whole thing."

Taking the letter and shoving it in his pocket, Kyle starts to walk out the room then stops: "Thank you Casey for all your help."

"No problem." Casey says as he follows Kyle out of the room.

(5:08pm) 1 hour and 22 minutes later…

Summer Bay – Leah's House - Kitchen

Ricky was currently stood in the Kitchen talking to Leah: "If he needs to anything just call one of us."

"Ricky he will be fine." Leah says as gives her a hug "Besides he has Tamara who has been through this before and I'll be here, and Nate should be home soon."

"I know but this will be the first time one us lot won't be with him since he woke up in hospital. That's if you don't count him going missing the other day."

"You need to trust that he will be fine."

"I know we do but it's a little hard." Ricky says looking at the time on her phone "Anyway I better go as I have to meet Bianca to go over something for the wedding."

"It just takes time to adjust." Leah says walking over to the door "Well we will see you later and like I said don't worry about Kyle he'll be fine."

With that Ricky leaves to meet Bianca.

(5:22pm) 14 minutes later…

Summer Bay – Leah's House – Tamara's room

"How was school?" Kyle asks his girlfriend.

"It was alright. I passed my latest assignment in English so I'm happy." Tamara replies as she sits back down on the bed after placing her uniform back in the wardrobe.

"That's great news."

"I know and if hadn't been for you I wouldn't have."

"Me?"

"Yeah don't seem so surprised. You are really good at English." Tamara laughs as she hands him the assignment out of her bag to show him.

"No wonder I did this play too."

"That's why you helped me. Anyway, how was your day?"

"Well I went to the restaurant with Brax this morning and met Marilyn and Mr Stewart I think Brax said that was their names."

"That's cool what did you do at the restaurant. Did you like them?"

"They both seemed very friendly. Brax mentioned that Marilyn lives next door which is good to know." Kyle says to her "While at the restaurant, Brax had me have ago with the books."

"How did you do?"

"Well I messed up one of the calculations but Brax said that considering it was my first time, I did pretty well."

"I agree with Brax that's pretty good considering everything that's happened."

"You mean losing my memory."

"Which will come back with time."

"It already has started to come back."

Tamara's face lights up with a big smile: "That's amazing!"

"It was only little things."

"That doesn't matter. What did you remember?"

"Well I remembered that Casey is doing a personal trainer course online. Also, Heath's HSC maths exam grade."

"Wait Heath sat an exam?" Tamara laughs as she was shocked at the thought of Heath sitting through an exam.

"Yeah, he got 82 on his exam although it was the only one, he did." Kyle laughs too.

"Well I guess you learn something new every day. What else did you do today?"

"That you do. Well me and Casey sorted through the boxes in my room this afternoon and we found something which I was hoping you might be able to help me with."

"Casey helped you?"

"Yeah why?"

"No reason just didn't think he could do much with his broken leg that's all. Anyway, what did you need help with?"

"You can actually do a lot with a broken leg trust me. Well we found an acceptance letter for the local university."

"I'll take you word for it." Tamara says to him "Wait, did you say acceptance letter?"

"Yes, I take it you know something about this then." Kyle says as he pulls the letter out is coat pocket.

"I remember you telling me that you had applied but I didn't know you had been accepted." She says taking the letter from him and reading it.

"So at least someone remembers me applying then as I didn't, and Casey had no idea."

"I can't believe you got in." Tamara says excitedly "I got my acceptance letter to study Medicine this morning. When did this arrive?"

"Well from the looks of it maybe two or three weeks ago. You got in to study Medicine?"

"Why didn't you tell me you had got in?"

"I don't know why. But TimTam you get to study medicine like April and Dex."

"That's ok you were probably waiting for me to get mine." Tamara says then she looks at him "Kyle guess what?"

"What?"

"You just remembered something else."

"Did I?"

"Yeah you remembered that April and Dex were studying medicine too."

"I guess I did."

"Why don't we had to the Diner and get some celebratory milkshakes and a slice of chocolate mud cake between us?" Tamara says as she grabs her red denim jacket of the chair.

"Ok." Kyle says following her out the room.

With that the two left for the Diner, but Tamara made sure to tell Leah where they were going first.

Archived