Kit Hunter - Amy Mizzi

Sunny Girl

I think that Amy Mizzi needs to come back to the bay and further develop her character, Kit Hunter.

I realise that none of her initial original family is left in the Bay; the Hunters as well as the Sutherlands are long gone.

But - Perhaps this is an idea that could work. 

She could come back as part of the show's 30th Anniversary celebrations, as a nod to the early 2000s.

She could come in, not as a guest but as someone looking to stay back in Summer Bay as a longstanding resident.

As mentioned in another thread I forsee that she has had a messy relationship with some unseen guy off screen and she has come back to the Bay because it was where she was happy.

She gets drawn into a relationship with Joey (Kate Bell) who also returns to the Bay to allow the writers and producers to have yet another go at a same sex homosexual  storyline.

But this will not be the thing that defines her character this time round.

Joey settles back into the Bay and her relationship with Kit in time  is only a tiny faucet of her overall character.

PS. I just realised that I have been charting their return and not talking about their original stints.

Whoops! ? Apologies for going slightly off track.

I liked both charecters that you mentioned, Kit especailly. I can't see, in the current show environment [where Maddy bailed soon after she got her arm amptutated, cos she wasn't visually perfect], a romantic etc ship tween them happening. 

Yeah, i always liked Amy Mizzi's portrayal of Kit. Her stugles will alcohol .....including her BEYOND moving speech about it to her then fellow SBH classmates. 

Edited by JosieTash
  • Like 1

For some reason I pictured her coming back to stay with Irene. I can't actually remember now if Kit ever stayed with her before, but Kim did, and since both Kim and Kit's mothers are dead, I think Irene would make a good surrogate if Kit felt overwhelmed with Archie and needed some motherly advice and help.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, emmasi said:

For some reason I pictured her coming back to stay with Irene. I can't actually remember now if Kit ever stayed with her before, but Kim did, and since both Kim and Kit's mothers are dead, I think Irene would make a good surrogate if Kit felt overwhelmed with Archie and needed some motherly advice and help.

She did stay with Irene very briefly when Irene was helping her with her drink problem. I can't remember exactly, but I think Kit might have been the one who opened/drank the bottle that Irene had been keeping since she (Irene) stopped drinking as a test for herself. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, c120701 said:

She did stay with Irene very briefly when Irene was helping her with her drink problem. I can't remember exactly, but I think Kit might have been the one who opened/drank the bottle that Irene had been keeping since she (Irene) stopped drinking as a test for herself. 

She did open it, and was ready to drink it before throwing the glass in the sink and cutting herself.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I like this idea... Kit was a great character because she was realistic, not model like and quite an independent woman when she got her life on track.

Though I am still a Noah/Kit shipper I always thought Kit would have been perfect for a same sex pairing. Hell, I thought that first appearance in 2006 with her rehab friend (played by Frankie from Wentworth I think) was going to be something.

I so need to binge watch the Kit episodes I have :wub:

• 4 years later...