Irene's drinking

Skylover

On 17 March 2016 at 5:57 AM, pembie said:
  Hide contents

Yep she was all  a drunken mess and strugging coming to terms with her past and having a daugter somewhere out there in the finale but seen then she's found some sort of app to help her track her daugter and she no longer drinks or seems scared of her flashbacks now Another reason that I find this abuse story hard to believe

Irene didn't know that her baby was a boy or a girl because it was taken away from her after birth so she never got the chance to find out the gender. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Irene didn't know that her baby was a boy or a girl because it was taken away from her after birth so she never got the chance to find out the gender. 

8 hours ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Boy or girl still unbelievable.

By slapping Chris she has reverted back to her past again, back when she was abusive to her kids. That abuse came about because of alcoholism... which has now been revealed to have happened because of her past trauma. 

My interpretation is that she refuses to go down that route again, especially now she has a close network of friends instead of bad influences. 

Sorry but I'm finding it completely unbelievable.If attacking Leah wasn't enough to bring her to her senses, hitting Chris wouldn't be either.It definitely wouldn't be as simple as "Okay, I'm not an alcoholic anymore" without any discussion.I was kinda hoping the storyline would be followed up on, it seems like there was a circle of her getting drunk, pulling herself back together for a few days and then relapsing again during the last few weeks of the 2015 season, but apparently it isn't going to be.There was no discussion of what happened with Chris, when at least we got that in 2009.By the first week of 2016, they're both acting as though it never happened.I mean, I hated the whole storyline because it never from the start convinced me that there was a reason for her to relapse, and the fact it just got dropped without a resolution just makes it seem even more unnecessary and melodramatic.

Unless something happened the night Charlotte died that we don't know about and that's why she's stopped drinking...

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

I found this picture of Irene with a bottle on the Internet. It was a old picture probably back in the 1990s on Home and Away. I can't remember watching her drinking back in the 1990s. 

haa_char_irene_roberts_bw_16nqqvo_16nqr0

It's from Ep 1808 in 1995, Maz had brought it into the house to add to a casserole (she wasn't aware of the 'no alcohol in the house' rule at the time). Irene was having a tough time after the Dodge reveal when she found it, but didn't actually drink it as far as I recall.

1 hour ago, Dan F said:

It's from Ep 1808 in 1995, Maz had brought it into the house to add to a casserole (she wasn't aware of the 'no alcohol in the house' rule at the time). Irene was having a tough time after the Dodge reveal when she found it, but didn't actually drink it as far as I recall.

Why was Irene having a tough time after the Dodge reveal? Sorry I didn't watch this episode. 

Archived