Do you want Sally to return again in future?

JamesC10

Sally Fletcher is one of my favourite characters and she has always been a morally good person. I really miss her and I want her to make another return in future. It can be a guest stint again if Kate Ritchie doesn't want to return permanently. I think Kate is a very good actress and the Bay isn't the same without Sally. We still have Alf and Irene which is good but I think the show misses Sally. Do you agree with this?

I loved her 2013 guest stint and I thought the writers did a good job because she wasn't ruined and was still the same old Sally. Kate Ritchie is always reminiscing about her time in Home and Away. I think Sally and Alf's relationship is very special and I miss them onscreen. 

Thoughts? :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see Sally back, but it would need to be for a good storyline.

Her return in 2013 was mostly very well handled, but they just couldn't help but connect her storyline to St. Brax with a motive to make him come up smelling of roses yet again.

Also Blaxland 89 is absolutely right; Sally is Home and Away, they throw her into a horrible situation and then don't return to the storyline to show whether it all worked out or not. It's just lazy.

I think Sally will always be welcome back in Summer Bay and I agree that her last return was generally well written.  I would also have appreciated some sort of reference or conversation later which told us about the outcome of that whole situation.  Surely Sally would have been in conversation with Alf or others that she met during her return.

I don't have the same problem with the involvement of Brax as some others do.  The portrayal of Brax as a simple, one dimensional criminal doesn't accord with the way he was written as I saw him.  Brax was a complex character.  Certainly he had his brutal, criminal side but he also had a caring side which showed a concern for others at time and a tendency to help out if he could.  It was that side of him that lead him to help Sally.

No, I don't like Sally or Kate much either. However whether I like her or not she is an integral part of the show and I think her absence after all this years is unrealistic. I could never imagine Sally being gone so long. I would much rather Damien or Finn return for Irene especially in light of the reveal or Duncan for Alf. I'd love to see Roo and Duncan interact.

I think Kate's heart will always belong in Summer Bay and she will eventually end up back there. 

I don't like how they have tried to shoehorn Leah into her role - living in her house and they are trying to force the relationship Sally and with Alf with him and Leah. It just doesn't sit right with me. I respect Leah as a long standing character, but I don't particularly like her and she's certainly no Sally.

Kate is a superb actress and also a very likeable person and to me, Sally is one of the greatest soap characters of all time and I can't wait for her to come Home! 

I had mixed feelings about her last stint.I liked the characterisation but not the storyline: Not the Braxton involvement, in fact letting Sally interact with the newer characters was a good idea and it would have been a wasted opportunity otherwise, but the fact they did something pretty life-changing to her when they weren't going to be able to follow through on it.I'd have no objection to her coming back so long as she remained in character.

Archived