How do you feel about?

Just A girl

I watched Home and Away for a long time and had to actually stop watching when Hannah,  Zac, Evelyn and Oscar joined the cast. The appalling acting from these people was so off putting that it was hard to watch. Imagine my surprise when I tuned in recently only to discover  the worst  actress has huge a storyline that she is unable to act out  but have the family have some how to moved into the main Summer Bay house.

I am I the only one that feels this way or can others see it  

I disagree with these posts. Home and Away imo recently other then last night episode, has been the best it has been in years. Tank while name is silly haha, has been one of the most interesting characters in a while too, and the actor is doing a great job. Hope they keep him around. While the acting isin't excellent, the actress portraying Evie is doing a solid job, I don't think the acting is that bad. The strongest from the teens for me atm are Alec Snow and Kassandra Clementi, remember the acting is only as strong as the writing is.

I also believe the post that started this thread is way off the mark and I find little agreement with it.  Certainly the show has its ups and downs but nothing has happened which was so drastic that I stopped watching.  Because of that I am enjoying the current resurgence of the show as it is in another improvement phase. 

As there is already a thread discussing Are the Current Producers Ruining Home and Away I don't think we really need another thread based entirely on the premise that the current show is not watchable.

I don't think any of the MacGuires are particularly bad actors.Zac has always been essentially likable if occasionally annoying/frustrating.Hannah I liked when she came in, then went off mostly, and now she's possibly making her way back.Evelyn I have disliked for huge stretches but I guess at least she's a complex character.Oscar I've mostly liked aside from the odd blip.Certainly I don't see how they're deserving of being singled out as an example of everything that's wrong with the show.The show did make a bit of a mess of portraying them as a family, eventually giving up midway through last year, but I think they've integrated well into the community as individuals and still have decent relationships with each other when the show includes it.Moving most of them into the caravan park house has worked well.

I'm torn about Summer Bay House being full again. Brings a feel back to earlier days but it can feel kind of claustrophobic when people want a minute alone or couples wanna be... Bonin' Away! (There were honestly a period where I thought the show should be called that b/c that was all anyone did! 2007-11 to be precise :lol:)

I think the best part of the show at the moment is the Charlotte stories. And also the Roo stuff.

I don't find Tank that interesting Too soon to have another bad boy type I think But the guy who plays him is good.

The worse acted characters for me are VJ and Kat but hopefully over time there will be improvement

Archived