Home and Away: An Eye for an Eye Special

Mishyy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! A show that will "centre on the Braxton family" is beyond exciting! I always hoped something like this would happen but never dreamed it actually would.  

I wonder if the story will follow current timing? It sounds like it will but it would be great if it could go back before Casey died and before Brax was on the run. 

Exciting! 

• Dan F unfeatured this topic

While it is good that some H&A characters get a spin off, I get annoyed that it is the Braxtons. Because what about the other departed characters that were just as popular as the Braxton's.. but didn't get 6 months of promoting before even entering the show, and had to be popular through the storylines and good acting skills? Why aren't other TV channels picking them up and creating spin offs? 

Characters before the Braxtons didn't get that promotion, and some of them were destroyed by channel 7 and the press before they left, even they was just as popular if even more. The Braxton clan have more enemies than lovers, or at least a as many haters than lovers. It felt that channel 7 steered the media down under, and they got as much promotion as possible. Even there have been a lot of criticism this have never really been picked up by the media. No other actor or actresses/charachters have earlier been glorified this way. 

The media down under has always made them more popular than they really were. But the truth is that the ratings had dropped also before they left. Home and away ranked lower than they did some years before the Braxtons arrived. The ratings might have dropped even more since they left, but the writers and producers hadn't focused enough on developing the other characters on the show. 

I wonder if this will be a popular show as the (new) producers want, a lot of people got tired of the Braxtons and their departures were dragged out for too long. It depends on how long it will last, but it will probably be very popular in the beginning and then drop if the show is going to stay for a longer period. 

As for Home and Away The ratings also dropped in the 2010 season, but then probably for an another reason. The departed popular characters were just thrown out of the show without decent departure storylines. 

When the show is leaving one era into an another, it is important to write out the departing characters in a decent way, while developing good new characters. This was something they did with a success back in 2008. 

Wow! A show that will "centre on the Braxton family" is beyond exciting! I always hoped something like this would happen but never dreamed it actually would.  

I wonder if the story will follow current timing? It sounds like it will but it would be great if it could go back before Casey died and before Brax was on the run. 

Exciting! 

Wouldn't it just focus on Heath and Bianca though? I wouldn't of thought Steve and lincoln would return Aren't they busy with other things now? Is this show just a one off?

Archived