Home and Away: An Eye for an Eye Special

Mishyy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shall be avoiding this special like the plague then if it is about the Braxtons. God, Lucy Addario is obsessed with them.

It's very odd as going back through the history of the show no other set of characters has had a feature length special dedicated to them when they aren't even on the show! 

7 are showing themselves to be desperate to retain viewers. It won't work.

Wouldn't it just focus on Heath and Bianca though? I wouldn't of thought Steve and lincoln would return Aren't they busy with other things now? Is this show just a one off?

I don't think so, considering the article specifically stated it was centred around the Braxton family. Kyle and Ricky are involved as well as Phoebe and Ash so it will be more than just a Heath and Bianca story I would think. A search for Brax maybe...?

As for Steve and Lincoln, it doesn't sound like they are involved, but I can dream. I know Lincoln just finished filming Love Child 3 but I'm not sure about Steve. He is hard to keep track of considering his lack of social media. I think he is now based in LA and possibly between projects. But if it is set during current time, Casey wouldn't be able to be involved anyway and, if they still think he's dead, neither would Brax. It makes me even more bitter that Heath was the one who got the happy ending.....

An Eye For An Eye...... The title suggests they are out to get revenge on somebody. Again! 

I'd much rather a special on Sally and Pippa coping with Pippa's treatment 

Me too! It'd be great to see Debra Lawrence again, it's been over 6 years since we last saw her. I wonder what she thinks of the show these days...

I'd also love a special that focuses on Fisher returning to the Bay after so many years and meeting Marilyn again. 

An Eye For An Eye...... The title suggests they are out to get revenge on somebody. Again! 

Me too! It'd be great to see Debra Lawrence again, it's been over 6 years since we last saw her. I wonder what she thinks of the show these days...

I'd also love a special that focuses on Fisher returning to the Bay after so many years and meeting Marilyn again. 

I think he was referring to Sally's daughter, Pippa; who was undergoing medical treatments in the US.

I think he was referring to Sally's daughter, Pippa; who was undergoing medical treatments in the US.

Ah yes, you're right! It'd be nice for Pippa Sr to appear too to support Sally etc.

Agree with the comments above I think this is a poor idea tbh, if it's only a special on a payment channel then surely it can't centre around the current show as viewers who don't buy it will be lost with the story, im guessing they'll all go to the city to see Heath and Bianca and it'll feature all the people doing different things around the city as opposed to everyone on screen together,nothing has been mentioned about Darcy and Harley? If Heath and Bianca were happy to return for a special I'd of liked it too be to the actual show, maybe as suggested  about the search for Brax i'm sure they could of got Steve back for a few episode's and actually finished off the story.

A Don Fisher special would be great, a great character who was ruined in 2007, I mentioned it in another thread but maybe an episode where he's dying and comes back to say good bye, plenty of flash backs of his memories of his time in the bay, would be great for him to have a special scene with Marilyn. So many great characters from the past that deserve this more than the Braxton's. I think it'd be a crime for the show if one day Don Fisher died away from the Bay.

The important thing to remember is that spin-off episodes such as this are exactly that - they're not generally considered part of the 'canon' of the main show, and would not affect any of the storylines.

If it was airing on Seven/Channel 5 alongside the normal show then perhaps it would, but considering it's streaming exclusively on an Australia-only subscription site, it would be a big mistake to claim it forms part of the storyline of the main show. There's no way they could do that when a large majority of fans worldwide would be unable to see it. Therefore it would just act as a supplement and no-one would miss out on anything important to the main show.

And as stated in the article, it is just a one-off special episode - not a new series as some seem to think.

The scenarios that people are considering, like Don Fisher returning for example, would work better as part of the main show so that it is considered part of H&A's official history.

Archived