Favourite 96-99 Opening Credits Shots

beau_t

I have re-edited my favourite shots from this era to create my "perfect" opening sequence. It includes the elusive Mitch shot (thanks to Dan)! What do you think?

What shots from this era do you like/remember and would include or remove?

The 96 credits were the best the series has ever made. I loved the shot where Sally and Selina walked past, then the surfer dude and the surf rescue boat hit the waves in the background. Amazingly good. I'm glad they retained that bit as the opening shot in later versions.

I'm glad they retained that bit as the opening shot in later versions.

​And Selina's hair remained in the opening credits long after she left :D

I love the way some characters appear in the background of other's shots, namely Chloe and Shannon in the background of Rebecca's, and Joey in the background of Tiegan's. And then there's the "ghost" of Natalie Nash#1 behind Natalie#2 ;)

Nice job with the video. I never realised that you could see other characters in the background of shots - but you're right about Chloe and Shannon in Rebecca's and Joey in Tiegan's. That's really cool.

While the Sally Selina surfboard shot is really stunning visually, I don't really like it. I always preferred Sally and Pippa's shot hanging the washing: that's where Sally belongs in my opinion. Shannon should have been carrying the surfboard with Selina. Of course, then there's the question of who that random guy is. I was never a fan of that either. It's a bit creepy to me...

I also really liked the shot (and it's not in this set) with Irene and Chloe changing clothes. Oh, and Marilyn and Fisher's garden with flamingos. Maybe they were the ones watering Casey?

Yes, that shot always went very well with the beginning of the theme as it was quite mellow.

I actually wonder if it was the show's idea to have Pippa's two title shots after Michael's death be quite reflective, or if Debra Lawrance said something.

Great video beau_t :)

I always thought the clip of Pippa alone, sitting in the chair with her book in pensive mood was rather apt. I am pleased they didn't put her with someone else in the credits straight away after Michael died. I think they only used this shot for a few weeks?

​That Pippa shot lasted around 4 months until the next revamp which put her with Sally - you might be thinking of the previous Pippa shot which did only last for the single week after Michael's death, before this new style came in:

credit4_zps7hf8o6cn.jpg

A good shot would have been Widows Pippa and Angel sitting around on the varandah drinking tea and having a laugh in spite of their losses but These shots only lasted a week and they waiting til Jack left before the complete overhaul.

Also, I saw nothing wrong with the Sally/Selina shot. From all accounts (The 2000th ep video) Kate and Tempany were good mates plus Sally was in the same math's class.

Archived