Favourite 96-99 Opening Credits Shots

beau_t

Great video beau_t :)

I always thought the clip of Pippa alone, sitting in the chair with her book in pensive mood was rather apt. I am pleased they didn't put her with someone else in the credits straight away after Michael died. I think they only used this shot for a few weeks?

​That Pippa shot lasted around 4 months until the next revamp which put her with Sally - you might be thinking of the previous Pippa shot which did only last for the single week after Michael's death, before this new style came in:

credit4_zps7hf8o6cn.jpg

Yes quite right Dan F, that was the Pippa shot I was thinking of, thank you. :wink:

Yes, that shot always went very well with the beginning of the theme as it was quite mellow.

I actually wonder if it was the show's idea to have Pippa's two title shots after Michael's death be quite reflective, or if Debra Lawrance said something.

Who knows, Debra did tell me she was very sad and upset when Dennis left the show, I wouldn't be too suprised if she wanted that reflected in her next few title shots.

Yes, that shot always went very well with the beginning of the theme as it was quite mellow.

I actually wonder if it was the show's idea to have Pippa's two title shots after Michael's death be quite reflective, or if Debra Lawrance said something.

Who knows, Debra did tell me she was very sad and upset when Dennis left the show, I wouldn't be too suprised if she wanted that reflected in her next few title shots.

I can imagine. Although I didn't understand it at the time, I do think now that Michael's death was a very good thing for the show and for Pippa. It gave Debra a real challenge and opened new doors for Pippa - would she have been such good friends with Shannon had Michael lived? Would she have worked at the school and if so, would it have worked? 

It was a big risk for the producers though, as Debra could have walked then, but obviously the gamble paid off. 

I think Michael's death was a bad thing mainly because they were both main parents of the 90s and it seemed really unfair in the subsequent decade when Pippa was always returning and making everyone feel like in the old times and Michael just couldn't be there.

This style has always been my favourite, probably because it is the first one I remember having started watching Home and Away in mid 1996. My early memories of the "big" Home and Away moments were Angel leaving and Fisher and Marilyn getting married.

There seemed to be a great deal of chopping and changing in these titles though. Some shots remained consistent (eg. Alf and Ailsa), but how many didn't shots did Joey, Selina, Shannon etc have during that period? By themselves and with other people. It seemed to be heaps :mellow:

Archived