H&A historic UK ratings discussion.

Homeandawayfan.

With so many ways and times to see Home and Away in the UK, it's no wonder viewing figures for individual episodes are quite low, but the latest set of ratings for Ch5 are shockingly bad... 670K for the combined two showings on Channel 5 on Thursday (which was roughly half of what Neighbours got, and the two shows sit side by side in the schedule). It's a pity ratings aren't calculated by total number for a single episode. I wonder what the overall combined figure is - you think these days they would know.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The final ratings inc on demand are on Barb a few weeks later. Those figures seem low that day but the audience share isn't too dissimilar to what it usually is so less people were watching TV that day. Channel 5 probably do calculate the totals themselves and are clearly happy with 8 screenings a day. So long as it still attracts advertising I guess.

Yeah, there was a time when "If you missed, you MISSED it!"

Thank for the digital age.

This is exactly why the recap should be scrapped and the credits borough back. But that's a whole other conversation!!

I agree regarding the recap. For example, I remember last year after Leah and Zac got together, the recap showed the whole build up to it: Hannah urging Zac to 'man up', Leah and Zac finally kissing etc. Certainly, they could've cut out Hannah's role in the storyline as it wasn't essential to the recap and, indeed, Leah later mentioned to Roo in that episode that she and Zac had kissed, thus rendering that entire section of the recap redundant.

Yeah, it kinda defeats the purpose, why bother?

I wish they would scrap the recap and reintroduce the opening credits, taking inspiration from Andrew Smith. :D

In the old days though (2000-2007) there would be roughly a 1 minute recap plus opening credits so I don't see why they can't do that these days.

Or meet us half way, I remember for a while the opening credits would be there sometimes and not others depending on the length of the episode. I'd take that. And it was always a nice surprise when you got them

Archived