Cast size

joany208121

The size of the cast is fine at the moment, it's the actors and characters that are the problem. I honestly feel this is one of the worst casts of any era. I really can't think of a time when i have disliked or simply not bothered with so many characters. I'd be quite happy if we lost: Maddy, Zac, Hannah, Phoebe, Nate, Matt, Denny, Evie, Oscar and probably one of two more who are so boring i can't even remember their names.

The size of the cast is fine at the moment, it's the actors and characters that are the problem. I honestly feel this is one of the worst casts of any era. I really can't think of a time when i have disliked or simply not bothered with so many characters. I'd be quite happy if we lost: Maddy, Zac, Hannah, Phoebe, Nate, Matt, Denny, Evie, Oscar and probably one of two more who are so boring i can't even remember their names.

I agree - the problem is not the size, but the quality of the characters. The problem is that they have introduced loads of new characters, and instead of gradually introducing them, they launch them straight into a big story. And then, to make matters worse, they then pair these characters with other relatively new characters (e.g Ricky/Nate, Hannah/Andy, Nate/Sophie), and yet fail to develop the characters beyond their romantic relationships.

It's a shame, because most of the characters you mentioned, actually have potential, but just aren't developed properly (don't think there is any hope for Hannah or Nate though haha).

I agree with the appalling writing by the current producers of the show has lead to very bland characters such as the ones mentioned. I would be happy if Barrett (Andy, he is so unlikeable I refer to him by his surname), Oscar, Evelyn, Nate, Phoebe, Maddy and Hannah are ones who need to go. Jett, VJ, Matt and the Harringtons are fine. As for Kyle I am indifferent.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how the current cast size compares with other periods but I do agree it FEELS too big.

I suspect that is due to the large number of unlikeable/boring characters currently on screen. With so many storylines or scenes rendering yawns when these characters are on, it makes the show feel cumbersome.

Also the distribution of the cast is wrong. Houses are full of random individuals rather than families and the houses that should be full of kids, Irene's and SBH are nearly empty.

I think early 2009 had worst cast ever!.

I think that 2014 has the worst cast, and characters ever.

2009 had a lot of good actors and actresses who played good characters in my opinion. The older and younger were more connected to each other, and the characters were far more developed.

I think that emotions and character development need to come back on the show. Since 2010 the characters have felt more or less like cartoons.

I think that it would have helped to dowsize the cast, especially the group of twenties and thirties something who are actually doing the same as the teens. And then bring in a few characters in 30/40's who are like adults (with their own storylines).

I wonder if the teen group should be downsized a bit too...

And I also want fewer guests and weird characters popping up for a few months unless they are in strong connection to some of the regular characters and are used to develop the regular character further. I don't want short term characters who are enemies, or characters who are popping up just to cause a stir among couples or characters.

With a fewer characters they could concentrate more about each character and develop them more naturally.

Houses are full of random individuals rather than families and the houses that should be full of kids, Irene's and SBH are nearly empty.

I agree about the caravan park, and it was frustrating that they filled it up again by having John, Marilyn and Jett move in only to empty it less than a week later, but I wouldn't call the beach house empty.Sasha's only just gone and until then, despite the room having gone missing, there was four of them living there, which is basically capacity.And I don't imagine that spare room will be empty for long.

I know I will probably get crusified for saying this, but without the braxtoons now, the show is lost. We have an excessive amount of characters who have only one or no family relationships with another character, and while it can work for one or two characters, or characters that have been there a for a long time, to me it's not working. We have now Nate, kat, Andy, josh, phoebe, ricky, Spencer, chris, and others who only have a select few they interact with. I remember following the hospital bomb being surprised that Irene and ricky knew each other, and for a small coastal town, haa should have a stronger sense of community, where everyone knows each other's business. That's why I think the cast size may appear too big

Archived