The death of Meg - Very moving

BurgerPhone

Up until now (I am up to March 1992) things have been fairly easy watching, with the odd blip such as Tom's death, but because those were so sudden it wasn't as shocking or sad. Watching each episode of Meg dying of cancer has been very moving and one of the best storylines I have seen, and acted incredibly well from all involved. I wasn't much of a fan of Blake the first time around when I was 12 or 13, but now as a mid 30's aged guy I can appreciate acting and good stories. I know she dies very soon and that will be very sad.

I am surprised now that as a kid I was so much more a Neighbours fan, as Home & Away does seems miles ahead in certain stories.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree, this was Home and Away at its very best. Such a good cast at the time and a great era for the series. I'm not sure they could have done any more to make Meg's death any more sad than it was. I haven't seen that episode in about 20 years, but that image of them on the beach as the sun rises is etched on my mind.

• 2 months later...

Got to agree, one of the best scenes on home and away of all time imo, the build up to Megs death was brilliant too, id of loved to see more of Blake i think he left way too early, I remember a web chat with Ray Meagher last year and someone asked his favourite scene and he said Megs deaths the one that always sticks in his head, he also praised the acting of Les Hill.

• 1 month later...

I loved that storyline, remember it even after all these years. I remember in particular for 'blessing NOT permission' to spend the weekend together & the reaction to the effect of 'she's not coming home, is she?' Great stuff!

Archived