Are the current producers ruining Home and Away?

JamesC10

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, atrus said:

[Walker] was working on a mainstream drama when she wrote a same-sex relationship into the script. When it aired, a storm of controversy erupted and “everyone at the network freaked out”. In the aftermath, the writers were told that there was never to be another gay storyline in the show. And so there hasn’t.

Wow. Such a shame that some backlash, that has now blown over has resulted in the future of the show to be severely altered, and thus has resulted in both the show and the network appear as regressive bigots.

47 minutes ago, joany208121 said:

Wow. Such a shame that some backlash, that has now blown over has resulted in the future of the show to be severely altered, and thus has resulted in both the show and the network appear as regressive bigots.

I guess we never see anything close to PLEASE LIKE ME in Summer bay? I read that Josh Thomas made the 4th season ending as a finale in case they do not do a 5th which I doubt they will after reading this. it may have went further than CH 7?

But Ch7 was doing fantastic diversity, especially in the early seasons of All Saints. In terms of portraying same sex relations, we saw only Bron, Charlotte and Scott were in same sex relationships, they constantly had many guests who were gay, of different races, ethnicities and religions and mobility status

11 hours ago, joany208121 said:

In terms of portraying same sex relations, we saw only Bron, Charlotte and Scott were in same sex relationships...

Scott wasn't gay, was he? Did that go straight over my head??

As for Bron, she and Charlotte spent the night together once before she went back to Ben, so I don't know how much of a 'relationship' you could call that... :wink:

1 hour ago, Wanderer101 said:

Sorry just curious about this, why are you offended by that storyline?

Sadly you always have actors or fans who object. That is how things are, I agree with Homeandaway fan there is no diversity. Given the show popular appeal in Europe we should see more immigrants say from Germany or Sweden.

8 minutes ago, samdanfan said:

Sadly you always have actors or fans who object. That is how things are, I agree with Homeandaway fan there is no diversity. Given the show popular appeal in Europe we should see more immigrants say from Germany or Sweden.

Oh no, I definitely agree there should be diversity, I was just wondering why atrus was offended by specifically the Olivia/Tabitha storyline.

Archived