Steve Peacocke and Dan Ewing bulk up TV Ratings for Home and Away

Guest TelephotoMarigold

I have done a quick research of ratings in week 36 in three different years: 2009, 2010 and 2013. Source is the tvtonight.com.au site.

Monday 1 241 000 (rank 5)

Tuesday 1 263 000 ( rank 7)

Wednesday 1 203 000 (rank 7)

Thursday 1 125 000 (rank 6)

Monday 1 013 000 (rank 10)

Tuesday 1 106 000 (rank 10)

Wednesday 1 035 000 (rank 13)

Thursday 998 000 (rank 9)

Monday 992 000 ( rank 7)

Tuesday 952 000 (rank 9)

Wednesday 943 000 (rank 6)

Thursday 901 000 (rank 7)

Interesting figures Jodle, thanks for that. You don't have those for 2011/12 do you?

I imagine there was in increase in 2011 relative to 2010 because generally (through the first half anyway with Jason Daniel as SP) that season was better written and far more interesting. I think 2012 would be down again though over 2010/11.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea if it is a major character or not. But I will be going to see it at the cinema once it comes out because it has Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson as the lead, and even after all these years (his WWE years, when it was known as WWF) I still am a big fan.

Looking at the cast list though it is like 'Steve who?' :lol:!

I guess they want to make a big deal because it is a big budget film but after it is done Steve will be heading back to little ol' H&A, which is a unique thing. Usually H&A stars leave the show and it is like Russian roulette with their career. I'm think at the moment Steve Peacocke is playing it safe and it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't leave within a few months, when he contract ends. In all of his interviews he mentions how hard it has been to get an acting gig so he knows that 1 big budget film is not the gateway to a full blown career in the movies.

I just wish those behind the scenes of H&A & 7 realise how stupid they are being by focusing on one lot of people. And the worst thing about this article is that it makes both of them look bad, yet both Ewing & Peacocke always come across quite humble and thankful that they were both given a chance on H&A.

They have definitely been kind to Steve to let him out of his contract for a few months to do the film. I agree he is playing it safe though and is being quite clever about it. I suppose it depends on how well he does whether he stays a little longer with the H&A. I suppose aswell a lot more critics etc will see his work which isn't a bad thing. It May or may not lead to bigger things

I assume that it is difficult for H&A stars to do auditions while on the show? Can someone remind me how Steve got the part? My memory has gone blank. Although they must get some time off as it looks like Dan is off to LA in couple of weeks for meetings

If Home and Away is rating better than ever, why lose the Friday episode? Sure they've made it a double bill on Thursday, but why lose the Friday slot.

The other thing is, I just don't get this obsession with Brax & Steve Peacocke. He's the least nuanced of the River Boys, the only thing slightly interesting about him is that he loved Charlie who died and he holds that pain, but I don't get the hunk/hottie status, whereas I can understand it with Heath and Casey.

He continues to remind me of Lance Smart with his "Eh" and I don't know whether he's meant to come across as dumb as he does as he's meant to be the brains of the operation, but that's how Steve Peacocke plays him. It's really odd, I think Casey and Heath actually could and can work well within the show, and would be much better off without Brax.

Whilst we appreciate that many people are unhappy with Lucy's running of the show, it is NOT acceptable to make personal comments abusing her on here. Yes you can disagree with her, but do so in a grown up way which doesn't resort to the use of foul language (yes it still counts if you star it out). The offensive post has been removed.

Archived