Steve Peacocke and Dan Ewing bulk up TV Ratings for Home and Away

Guest TelephotoMarigold

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan was referring to the post made by Light of the Bay. With that piece of clarification I suggest you read his post again. The post containing the offensive, foul language has been removed.

As for the repeated accusation that anti Braxton members are being "hushed up" that simply does not stand up to scrutiny. I can't think of any instances where anti Braxton posts have been deleted except for blatant breaches of Board rules.

There have been objections at times under the "repetitious post in a number of threads which add nothing to the discussion" rule but even that hasn't resulted in any posts being deleted.

Hate on the characters (within reason) but hating on the actors, writers or producers with harsh words is not only against the rules but just taking things too far. Constructive criticism yes but blantant abuse is a big no no.

Geez, it is like we've timewarped back to a few years ago.

and every time we try and air an opinion around here we get "please don't turn this thread into an anti Braxton thread"

Actually you don't.

It does seem you're actually arguing against the removal of a post just for the sake of it, whilst being ignorant of what the post consisted of and ignoring the stated reason as to why it was removed. As such I'm not going to take any further bait and just leave the matter at that so this thread can get back onto discussion of the article.

I have no idea if it is a major character or not. But I will be going to see it at the cinema once it comes out because it has Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson as the lead, and even after all these years (his WWE years, when it was known as WWF) I still am a big fan.

Looking at the cast list though it is like 'Steve who?' :lol:!

I was under the impression that Steve's role in the movie was a pretty decent one. I think I remember reading that it was a supporting role? So hopefully it won't be blink and you have missed it type of thing. Never the less It will probably be a good movie with The Rock in it.

I hate to say this but it seems those of us who want older characters don't get heard in the sea of teenagers!

I disagree with this. I fall into the anti-Braxton category, I don't like them AT ALL, but to say we don't get heard is not quite true in my opinion. There is a very loud voice of anti riverboy fans on this forum, probably moreso than any other Home and Away page and for the most part our views are unchallenged.

I also have nothing against the actors who play the Braxtons, they actually do a good job with the material. I just can't stand the characters and the damage that focussing on them has done to the show. But that's my opinion just as other viewers may have positive opinions of the Braxtons, and I don't feel the need to bring up negative opinions about them every time someone has something good to say about them. I know they've ruined the show, but at least we have the Early Years.

I think the anger comes about Braxtons because 7 network take notice from shallow facebook fans, but completely ignore this forum. How else could you explain the repetition of Braxtons' storylines. Even Braxtons' fans in this forum had agreed that their storylines are getting too repetitive. Whereas facebook fans are happy as long as Braxtons are on screen at all. Having said that it makes sense that angry posts should be rather posted on facebook than here.

Archived