Steve Peacocke and Dan Ewing bulk up TV Ratings for Home and Away

Guest TelephotoMarigold

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a supporter of the Braxtons although I don't always believe the writers get the balance between them and the rest of the cast right.

I do believe that both groups of fans are important to the future of the show. The "haters" ( and I don't like that term ) are important in retaining the history of the show.

The so called "shallow Facebook Fans" ( and I think that is a generalisation) are also important to the future of the show. A proportion of those will become new viewers who will ensure that the show doesn't just become a nostalgic curiosity but moves with the times.

It's important that this site allows both views to be expressed and that those expressing both views are respected.

I don't fully agree with you, John. New fans will carry show into the future, but the shallow fans that I have in mind will hardly do it, because as much as I have read, they don't pay much attention to storylines. They don't challenge writers to come up with something good. I don't mean you or anyone from this forum as a shallow fan, John. But I talk about those, what Bobby Forever Missed described like.

Archived