Maddy Osborne - Kassandra Clementi

Call me gullible then .....cos i REALLY like the way Maddy is behaving latley. The way she's been with Alf especailly ...... her "does that make me weak?" scene with him was great ...and the way Maddy is with Matt.

Yeah, really looking forward to seeing Maddy scenes this year [unlike in past years]

• Like 4

Nasty brat of a character. Haven't hated anyone this much since Maddie on Hollyoaks. If cancer was the writers way of trying to get the audience to like her than, sorry, big fail.

Jheez have you not been watching any episodes lately? Please tell me where you see bratty behaviour and don't bring any past staff up.

Excuse me? Why exactly are past events off limits? Sorry i'm not gullible enough to fall for the old "give the character not liked/not working a life threatening illness" routine

Well that's the reason you hate her right? Because you base it on her past behaviour but characters have growth and improve and I've seen that a lot with Maddy. So what exactly makes her selfish right now?

Nasty brat of a character. Haven't hated anyone this much since Maddie on Hollyoaks. If cancer was the writers way of trying to get the audience to like her than, sorry, big fail.

Jheez have you not been watching any episodes lately? Please tell me where you see bratty behaviour and don't bring any past staff up.

Excuse me? Why exactly are past events off limits? Sorry i'm not gullible enough to fall for the old "give the character not liked/not working a life threatening illness" routine

Well that's the reason you hate her right? Because you base it on her past behaviour but characters have growth and improve and I've seen that a lot with Maddy. So what exactly makes her selfish right now?

Her getting sick doesn't magically make her character likeable. What is so hard to understand? Perhaps i just have a long memory.

Edited by dee123

Call me gullible then .....cos i REALLY like the way Maddy is behaving latley. The way she's been with Alf especailly ...... her "does that make me weak?" scene with him was great ...and the way Maddy is with Matt.

Yeah, really looking forward to seeing Maddy scenes this year [unlike in past years]

That's fair enough. I can't speak for dee but I was talking from a personal viewpoint. I haven't seen the episodes you are referring to but it's going to take a LOT and some seriously decent writing to get me to the point where I even stop disliking her and I'm not sure the current writers are up to it at the moment. Cancer has been done to death in this show (as have rapes and abductions).

So what if that's is the reason? What's the problem with that exactly? Why should somebody feel obliged to 'forgive' a fictional character for past deeds just because they've apparently changed for the better? There are threads were people have done exactly the same thing with other characters. Have you called them out Tebzpriscilla?

That's fair enough. I can't speak for dee but I was talking from a personal viewpoint. I haven't seen the episodes you are referring to but it's going to take a LOT and some seriously decent writing to get me to the point where I even stop disliking her and I'm not sure the current writers are up to it at the moment. Cancer has been done to death in this show (as have rapes and abductions).

So what if that's is the reason? What's the problem with that exactly? Why should somebody feel obliged to 'forgive' a fictional character for past deeds just because they've apparently changed for the better? There are threads were people have done exactly the same thing with other characters. Have you called them out Tebzpriscilla? This is a thread discussing maddy who I like so of course I'm going to speak on this. I'm not bothered about other characters. You still failed to answer the question you're just going on about her past behaviour. Nobody told you to forgive so I'm not sure where youre getting that from. A simple question was asked that's all. Edited by Tebzpriscilla

This is a thread discussing maddy who I like so of course I'm going to speak on this. I'm not bothered about other characters. You still failed to answer the question you're just going on about her past behaviour. Nobody told you to forgive so I'm not sure where youre getting that from. A simple question was asked that's all.

OK, fair enough. Point taken!

You've mixed my post up with Dee's - It was Dee who brought up the point about being bratty for not liking Maddy regardless of whether you agree with his/her reasoning for not liking her that is that poster's opinion. I agreed with this as I watch the episodes at UK pace and we are many weeks behind. Maddy hasn't been as bad since she had the big C but what I've seen about her has not been sufficient for me to like her (or forgive how she's behaved before - that is relevant IMO for getting past her previous behaviour). Another poster above has given several reasons why their opinion of Maddy has changed for the better. I can't comment on this because the show is not currently airing on the UK at the moment and won't be back for another couple of weeks. After that we will be many weeks behind. Even saying that I doubt it will be enough to change my opinion of her but we'll see. If you want to know why I dislike the character currently, please refer to my post on the previous page. I've gone into fairly lengthy detail about some of her behaviour. If those reasons are not good enough then they're not good enough. Cheers!

This is a thread discussing maddy who I like so of course I'm going to speak on this. I'm not bothered about other characters. You still failed to answer the question you're just going on about her past behaviour. Nobody told you to forgive so I'm not sure where youre getting that from. A simple question was asked that's all.

When did this turn into the Spanish Inquistion? We disagree about the character. Let's leave it at that.

Edited by dee123

I think the problem is that at the moment (and as others, I am on UK pace), Maddy hasn't really done anything to make me believe that she is changing for the better except develop a potentially life threatening illness. I think the problem is that the writers decide one day that a character is now likeable and then ram that down the audience's throats rather than good storytelling and character development let the audience come to their own conclusions. I have made similar criticisms of the writing of Andy.

Excuse me? Why exactly are past events off limits? Sorry i'm not gullible enough to fall for the old "give the character not liked/not working a life threatening illness" routine Well that's the reason you hate her right? Because you base it on her past behaviour but characters have growth and improve and I've seen that a lot with Maddy. So what exactly makes her selfish right now?

I think the problem is that at the moment (and as others, I am on UK pace), Maddy hasn't really done anything to make me believe that she is changing for the better except develop a potentially life threatening illness. I think the problem is that the writers decide one day that a character is now likeable and then ram that down the audience's throats rather than good storytelling and character development let the audience come to their own conclusions. I have made similar criticisms of the writing of Andy.

I guess it's because we are at different paces as I'm keeping up with the Australian episodes. From what I've seen lately there has been some beautiful scenes especially with her and Alf. I won't spoil it for you and just let you see it when it comes back on in the uk.