Maddy Osborne - Kassandra Clementi

I don't pretend to know everything about the side affects of Chemo, but shouldn't Maddy be losing her hair by now!?

I'm no expert either but I know my sister has a monthly chemo treatment for cancer and hasn't lost her hair. It may depend on the type of chemo.

• Like 1

I don't pretend to know everything about the side affects of Chemo, but shouldn't Maddy be losing her hair by now!?

I'm no expert either but I know my sister has a monthly chemo treatment for cancer and hasn't lost her hair. It may depend on the type of chemo.

Hmmmm ok, thanks. Hope your sister is doing well :)

Not necessarily - not everyone does. However, they could have made more effort to make Maddy look sick!

I think the problem is whenever the subject of chemotherapy and side effects are brought up most people will almost always associate it with hair loss. So if the writers are trying to do a cancer storyline and you have a character which some viewers associate with, not losing her hair in my opinion could potentially detract from the effects or seriousness of the storyline. Think about an attractive person and one of their best features suddenly goes. It makes some people think more about the situation. If the actress understandably wasn't prepared to shave her head they could at least have given her a wig or scarf like they did with Martha. I think that worked pretty well. I agree it doesn't help that a lot of the time she looks more like someone recovering after going out on a night on the lash than someone who is fighting for their life.

Not necessarily - not everyone does. However, they could have made more effort to make Maddy look sick!

I think the problem is whenever the subject of chemotherapy and side effects are brought up most people will almost always associate it with hair loss. So if the writers are trying to do a cancer storyline and you have a character which some viewers associate with, not losing her hair in my opinion could potentially detract from the effects or seriousness of the storyline. Think about an attractive person and one of their best features suddenly goes. It makes some people think more about the situation. If the actress understandably wasn't prepared to shave her head they could at least have given her a wig or scarf like they did with Martha. I think that worked pretty well. I agree it doesn't help that a lot of the time she looks more like someone recovering after going out on a night on the lash than someone who is fighting for their life.

Well said; sadly a lot of stuff like this happens a lot in H&A....... they have the initial storyline for it and then more or less "brush it under the carpet" afterwards and only make the odd mention of it; other than that everything is the norm it seems.

• 2 months later...

I know her character thread  is kinda inactive. But does the Maddie/Oscar/Matt storyline or dynamic remind anyone of say robbie/kim/tash or romeo/annie/jai?. Just maddie and oscar feel like good friends with.romantic potential, but almost brother and sister. Maddie and Matt feel more chemistry for me. 

Edited by Luke39

• 1 month later...

I think it's the other way round.I think Maddy and Matt have chemistry as friends but putting them together as a couple would be a disaster and a huge backward step for Maddy's character, it feels like she's developed beyond dating someone like Matt who's pretty immature for his age.(He and Sasha couldn't make their relationship last when they left school and I think the same would be true for him and Maddy.)Her and Oscar, while not in the "can't keep their hands off each other" camp, have developed from good friends into a serious and loving couple and he's exactly the sort of person she needs.Just like Robbie was the person Tasha needed rather than the more obviously alpha male and more experienced Kim, who after briefly showing interest in Tasha developed into a good friend to them both.So if that's the dynamic they're trying to capture, good on them.If it's intended to be a remake of "Romeo comes between a sweet and loving long term couple for a chemistry free relationship that was over before it started", someone needs to look for inspiration elsewhere.

• Like 1

Maddy and Matt will have no doubt get together which really sucks for Ocsar and I can't help but think. Oh no not another boring love story Maybe the old romantic in me is slowly dying :lol: Maddy snd Oscar should stay together I think Give Matt a story about his music instead