Maddy Osborne - Kassandra Clementi

Does anyone want to start up a Maddy Osborne Defense Squad? No? Just me? Fine, I expected that much. I'll be the leader and only member.

Now, to get it out of the way, I understand why people don't like her. Easily. She has done some crappy things. And in real life I would probably hate her. But I have just fallen in love with her, in the way you fall in love with characters, and I will probably always protect her and love her. I'm just stuck with her no matter how much she messes up.

She's young. She makes mistakes. She's confused about love and where she belongs. And I often feel like she's the only one who get's blamed in a lot of situations. She wasn't the only one responsible for her and Josh's relationship falling apart. He wasn't always there for her, and when she was there for him, she usually got accused of viewing him as a charity case (or something, I can't remember the exact quotes.) Both parts need to put in work and focus on their partner if they want something to work. I'm not saying she can't be blamed at all (because she can!!), but it takes two to get together and it takes two to break up. And then when Evie stole her boyfriend (also known as serial cheater Josh Barrett), everyone in the show seemed to blame Maddy for what Josh and Evie did, and nobody gave them a hard time for it.

I'm not trying to make excuses for her, because she is a piece of work for sure. I just want to throw in a different opinion and say that I really really like Maddy. And as a sidenote, I think she should get back together with Spencer, because they balance each other out nicely and he would bring her back to sanity for sure. She's always better when she's with him.

• Like 3

Does anyone want to start up a Maddy Osborne Defense Squad? No? Just me? Fine, I expected that much. I'll be the leader and only member.

Now, to get it out of the way, I understand why people don't like her. Easily. She has done some crappy things. And in real life I would probably hate her. But I have just fallen in love with her, in the way you fall in love with characters, and I will probably always protect her and love her. I'm just stuck with her no matter how much she messes up.

She's young. She makes mistakes. She's confused about love and where she belongs. And I often feel like she's the only one who get's blamed in a lot of situations. She wasn't the only one responsible for her and Josh's relationship falling apart. He wasn't always there for her, and when she was there for him, she usually got accused of viewing him as a charity case (or something, I can't remember the exact quotes.) Both parts need to put in work and focus on their partner if they want something to work. I'm not saying she can't be blamed at all (because she can!!), but it takes two to get together and it takes two to break up. And then when Evie stole her boyfriend (also known as serial cheater Josh Barrett), everyone in the show seemed to blame Maddy for what Josh and Evie did, and nobody gave them a hard time for it.

I'm not trying to make excuses for her, because she is a piece of work for sure. I just want to throw in a different opinion and say that I really really like Maddy. And as a sidenote, I think she should get back together with Spencer, because they balance each other out nicely and he would bring her back to sanity for sure. She's always better when she's with him.

I'm with you on all of this to be honest, I'm not sure why but I just really like Maddy.

• Like 1

I agree with this and I like Maddy too even though she can be controlling at times and act like a brat at times.

Edited by Romeo&Indi Forever

I'm with you on all of this to be honest, I'm not sure why but I just really like Maddy.

I agree with this and I like Maddy too even though she can be controlling at times and act like a brat at times.

The Maddy Osborne Defense Squad has two more members! That's two more people agreeing with me than I expected, haha. My friend at school keeps literally shaking me and saying "whyyyy do you like Maddy."

And I just keep saying "because I just do."

I agree with you both, she can be controlling and a brat, and I'm not sure why I like her. Everyone has perfectly valid reasons to dislike her. I can't really defend her, other than saying "she's young and confused", but I honestly that makes her a very real character. I think that if Kassandra Clementi stays on the show, Maddy has the opportunity to grow and mature and really find her place in the community. There is a potential for a lot of good character development in Maddy, and I think it can turn into a beautiful character arc.

I really, really hope you are right and that her character can mature and grow up. I think that Cassandra obviously does a terrific job of portraying the character as she has been written ... hence the fact that if she has been written up as a selfish, bratty, self-centred young woman, that's definitely exactly how she is coming across, lol.

Personally, I would love to see her character mature on the show .... because when she is showing these glimpses of her softer, generous side she is absolutely enchanting to watch. It just seems like since she has come into the show her character is just on replay .... 'I need a guy, I don't want him anymore, yes I do, no I don't, yes I do, hound him mercilessly, get back with him, decide it's not right, break up and mope until the next guy catches her eye'. I reckon she needs some time on her own .... yes, I know I said it before, lol, but I think she needs time to be on her own and learn a bit more about herself.

And, writers, please .... NO MORE SKIPPING!!! It's doing my damn head in :wacko:

But she's been on the show for well over a year now, so I'd have thought she should have grown up at least a little bit in that time, but she hasn't. I think she's acting more immature now than when she first arrived. And the skipping really doesn't help, it's like she's got springs under her feet half the time!

• Like 1

I really, really hope you are right and that her character can mature and grow up. I think that Cassandra obviously does a terrific job of portraying the character as she has been written ... hence the fact that if she has been written up as a selfish, bratty, self-centred young woman, that's definitely exactly how she is coming across, lol.

(...cut for space)

And, writers, please .... NO MORE SKIPPING!!! It's doing my damn head in :wacko:

Oh believe me, I really really hope I'm right too :innocent: I have faith though. It's gonna be good.

Actually she was quite mature towards the end of last year and in the beginning of this year, and then suddenly the writers decided to throw it all out through the window.

Precisely. She hasn't been all bad, like there was those times when she tried to be nice to Andy to get him and Josh to be friends again, it's just that lately she's been a little all over the place, so of course that's what people think about when they think about her right now.

She has soft sides and she has good sides, as well as bad. Maddy is a flawed character, and it makes her interesting to me, and it makes me like her. She has been cheated on and betrayed and disappointed, and now she's being harsh and taking it out on the world. Probably a little harsher than she has the right to, like her attitude towards Roo.

What she needs right now are girlfriends. She has literally none. And I want someone better for her than Holly was. It probably won't be Evie, but I would like to see her hanging out with Sasha. They need to give their friendship another go.

(Also, I think the skipping is cute :whistling: )

• Like 1