Maddy Osborne - Kassandra Clementi

"'I'm actually starting to think my arm is going to grow back." ..............

.......said sarcastically i'll admit but DON'T give the producers ideas like that, Mads.

REALLY like forward to see where this goes. A main cast charecter sans one arm !!!!!!!!! Maddy's understandably trying to push Matt away .....and I'm really enjoying Kassandra's performances.   

Edited by JosieTash
  • Like 3

It's a shame that they've just

had her arm taken away and then Maddy's going to be shipped off soon because you can't have a disabled character long-term in Home and Away apparently. I wonder if they would have done this had Cassandra not decided to leave.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Although Maddy has, for the most part, not been a fave of mine, i liked how she stopped being a princess ...for a while .... when she had cancer, and when i saw behind the scens pics late last year of a Mads sans one arm, i thought that this could be a very intersting storyline ....... but sadly she's gone from our screens so soon after the amputation. Pitty.

Mads will never be considered one of my all time faves, but i am going to miss her

Edited by JosieTash
  • Like 2

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 11:03 AM, JosieTash said:

Although Maddy has, for the most part, not been a fave of mine, i liked how she stopped being a princess ...for a while .... when she had cancer, and when i saw behind the scens pics late last year of a Mads sans one arm, i thought that this could be a very intersting storyline ....... but sadly she's gone from our screens so soon after the amputation. Pitty.

Mads will never be considered one of my all time faves, but i am going to miss her

Agree with your comments after the cancer we really saw a mature side to her character and her playing house with Matt she was finally appearing anything other than a diva and now she finally gets a good story she's whisked away from the bay its as if they don't want to cover a disability story as they always leave or miraculously recover immediately.

4 hours ago, Gazza said:

Agree with your comments after the cancer we really saw a mature side to her character and her playing house with Matt she was finally appearing anything other than a diva and now she finally gets a good story she's whisked away from the bay its as if they don't want to cover a disability story as they always leave or miraculously recover immediately.

Unfortunately when they had Skye ditch her glasses, REALLY all hope was lost [if there was any] in respect to anything not superficially [sp?] perfect.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, Maddy departed from UK screens today.As someone who was once a huge fan of Maddy and still pretty much was a fan right to the end, I was very disappointed with her development post-cancer.And sadly the downturn coincided with Dan Bennett's arrival.Pretty much the last thing that happened before that was her learning the chemotherapy was working and getting back with Oscar...at which point her storylines just dried up completely.I'm sorry, I know I'm a broken record and I know some people disagree, but I think pairing her with Matt did her no favours whatsoever: It basically made her the supporting character of the guy who never does anything for himself, which was as thankless a task as it sounds.Maddy seemed to become a parody of herself at times this year, with both Matt and Maddy herself referring to her as a "princess" which seems to have more to do with online comments on the character than how she's actually been portrayed on the show and contributed to an extreme flanderisation.She was sleeping on the beach with Spencer when we first met her, she slept rough to keep an eye on Josh when his family kicked him out, she slept in the park with Oscar while suffering from cancer...five minutes with Matt and she's refusing to stay in a caravan because there's no en suite bathroom.And then as soon as they break up she decides to go backpacking!Must be the effect he has on her.

But on the whole I'm happy with her exit.It was one of the better and more positive ones we've had this year.In fact, it felt like we got the real Maddy back in these last few weeks rather than the weaker character that tying her to Matt turned her into.I'm pleased that the show respected her history enough to give her the farewell to Oscar and it was spot on.(In fact, it feels like she's mourned him more effectively than Evelyn, whose reaction has been entirely selfish.)And I love that she still had a photo of them together!Soul mates to the end.Tanya's return stint was basically a repeat of her visit last year but I guess it restated Maddy's status with her family: That part of her life is over and she can't go back to being the dutiful daughter, but she's not closing the door on them entirely.I'm disappointed that the idea of her being a nurse has been completely dropped but then very few characters ever finish college in Home and Away.Of course she'd want to go travelling.It's her second brush with death and losing one of her closest friends has shown her just how fragile life can be.I respect her immensely for choosing to do this alone.I wish we'd got to see more of her struggling to adjust to a life-changing experience, there were lots of little subtle moments in there that showed just how different it would be with something as simple as having to put one thing down to pick up a second or not being able to put her arm round her boyfriend.But frankly I don't trust the show to have done it justice.

The break-up with Matt...was handled badly.It felt like it tried to please everybody but ended up pleasing nobody.I wish the show had been brave enough to show Maddy making a clean break instead of dragging out the "Will/won't Matt go with her?" I think throughout the storyline, and I'm probably letting my own feelings about the couple colour things but here goes, it's been shown that Matt isn't the person Maddy needs to get through this. He's well-intentioned, he's doing his best to be loving and supportive, but he smothers and mollycoddles her and doesn't really understand what she wants.Even when she runs away because of the pressure he's putting her under, his response is to stick to her like a limpet even when she keeps telling him to go home.I wanted her to make the decision that was right for her, to know that she needs to learn to cope by herself before she can factor a relationship into the equation, to know that Matt would only ever see her as someone to be looked after and that's not what she wants.Instead the show tries too hard to make it like a noble self-sacrifice (Matt sacrifices his life in the Bay for Maddy's sake, Maddy sacrifices her relationship with Matt for his sake) and neither entirely rings true.So we get a schizophrenic farewell note that basically says "I'm leaving you, see you later." I'm not even sure if they've broken up but I really don't want some hamfisted reunion when Matt leaves, even though I know some people are in favour of it.As someone who's a Maddy fan, not a Matt/Maddy fan, I think ending it is the right choice for her and she shouldn't go back.I want her out there, a strong independent woman who doesn't need a boyfriend to complete her.And hopefully one day she'll settle down and have the amazing future she predicted Oscar would have had.

So long, Madeleine Osborne. You made Home and Away a better place for three years and the show won't be the same without you.

• Like 4

Her exit felt more like a Sasha 2.0 exit, leaving him devastated...

I wonder tho if this was the last we ever saw of her and that she will never return. It's a shame if so because she has became a part of the Stewart family, Alf was like a grandfather while Roo was like s mother while Evie became like a sister :)