Forever Yours

Guest Danni02

Thanks everyone. :wub:

Chapter 111

Brax and Liam were walking along the road, talking about how Liam getting drunk was only making things worse and next thing Brax knows, Liam in crouching to the ground clutching his hand and screaming out as blood gushed. He looks up to see a smashed window. Liam had obviously put his hand through it. “What you go and do something stupid like that for?” Brax sighed as he pulled Liam to his feet. Liam shrugged as he let out a little laugh.

“Funny though.” Liam said as he continued to laugh.

“I’ve had about enough of this.” Brax shook his head. “I’m trying to help you here.”

“Well I didn’t ask you too.” Liam spat.

“Yeah and I didn’t ask to get taken to the police station with the twins getting dragged down with me and having to sit with a stranger while I was questioned by the police about something that you did.” Brax raised his voice as he stepped closer to Liam, feeling angry. “I’m getting this pinned on me.”

Liam let out a small laugh before he pushed Brax back. “Get out of my face.”

“How about I just leave you then?” Brax questioned. “Leave you here in this state, hand gushing, not a clue where you are. Probably no clue on how to get home.”

Well I didn’t ask for your help.” Liam slurred. Brax shook his head as he thought about leaving Liam, but knew he couldn’t. He needed to sober up and even more so now, he probably needed medical attention on his hand. He shook his head lightly as he pushed Liam forward and continued to walk along the road, heading in the direction of the hospital. He wasn’t staying to help Liam. At this moment in time, Brax couldn’t care what Liam did, but for Bianca and for Ash, and even Bella to an extent. They definitely didn’t deserve to put up with this from Liam.

“So I take it you’ve not told the police about what you did?”

“Are you stupid? Of course not. Let them blame the other sap.” Liam staggered along the road, holding onto Brax otherwise he’d be on the ground by now.

“I’m the other sap.” Brax replied. “You really going to let me take the blame for what you did?”

“Well he raped Bianca.” Liam shouted.

“Yeah and if it did happen then it’s horrible and he should go to jail.” Brax said. “But it doesn’t mean you can get away with what you did to, as unfortunate as that may be.”

“I’m sorry. I can’t tell the police. I have Ash to think about.”

“Right, so Jake and Paige and Riley, it doesn’t matter if there dad goes to jail then? I mean as long as you get to be with Ash?”

“Thanks for being so understanding mate.” Liam patted Brax’s arm lightly as they walked into the hospital doors. Brax sighed in disbelief. He knew Liam was drunk right now and he probably shouldn't take what he’s said to seriously, but Brax felt like he was going to have a hard time in getting Liam to confess to this on his own. So he had two options left. Too hope that Ryan woke up and told the police it was Liam, or he’d need to tell the police himself. But that would mean hurting Bianca and even more so, he would be taking another parent away from Ash. He sighed lightly unsure of what to do as he waited in the hospital with Liam until he got his hand checked over.

Bianca tucked Ash into his bed and softly kissed his forehead. “Bee, where is dad?”

“I eh...” Bianca exhaled and thought it was best to make something up, other than telling a 6-year-old that his dad was really drunk and had to be taking away to sober up and get his act together. “He’s working.” Bianca said, deciding that technically, it wasn’t really a lie. He was supposed to be working.

“Okay.” Ash said quietly as he pulled his bed covers closer to him.

“So bud, I got you something.” Bianca smiled as she lifted the picture of Chelsea up and gave it to Ash. She found a simple silver frame in the back of one of the drawers for it.

Ash’s eyes lit up as he took it in his hands. “My mummy. How did you get that?”

“We have a box of her things in the garage.” Bianca answered. “When you are older, or whenever you feel ready, we thought it would be nice if you had them.” Ash smiled as he ran his little fingers over the picture and Bianca heard him sniff back. “It’s okay to be sad, bud.”

Ash shook his head. “It’ll make you sad. Make you think I don’t like you and want my real mummy back.”

“Hey I’d never think that.” Bianca shook her head. “We get on good, me and you, don’t we?”

“Yeah.” Ash said quietly as he gave a nod.

“Anytime you want to feel sad about your mummy you feel it, okay?” Bianca said as she ran her hand over his hair.

Ash nodded lightly before he gave Bianca a smile. “I still really like you too.”

“I know.” Bianca smiled. “Now how about we sit this picture here and your mum will be watching over you as you sleep?”

“I’d like that.” Ash smiled as he put the picture on his bedside table. He leaned down and kiss it before looking back to Bianca.

“You ready for this story now?” Bianca asked. Ash exhaled lightly he looked around the room and shook his head. “What is it?”

“Well it’s just...” Ash trailed off. “Well this isn’t like my room back home.”

“Oh, and what did your room look like?” Bianca asked.

“The coolest.” Ash grinned. “It was green and blue and had like a jungle.” Ash smiled enthusiastically. “There was monkeys in the trees. And birds in the sky. And a tiger that was looking up at the monkeys.”

“Sounds like a cool room.” Bianca smiled.

“Yeah. But mum said she was going to paint it for me any way I wanted.”

“Oh and what would you have picked?” Bianca questioned.

“Eh...” Ash scratched the side of his head as he thought about this. “I like Jacobs.” Ash said. “It’s like a pirate ship. And he has a pirate ship bed.” Ash’s voice went higher. “But I’d like a car bed. It would be so cool. And maybe just blue walls. Yeah just blue walls and a race car bed is all I’d want.” Bianca smiled lightly as she looked around the room. As far as little boys bedrooms went, this wasn’t the best. One of the walls was red, the other 3 an off white. There was a rocking chair in the corner, and the already little Ash looked like he was drowning in the big queen size bed. This room, clearly meant for a guest room once April had moved out, wasn’t really suiting a young boy of just 6 and Bianca figured it was about time they did something about that. “But this room is nice too.” As Bianca heard Ash’s little voice, she was brought out of her thoughts. She smiled down at him before she picked up the story book that at one point during the conversation must have slipped off the bed and onto the ground. “Can you read to me like mummy used too?” Ash questioned.

“And how was that?” Bianca replied.

“She would lay in next to me and put her arm around me.” Ash smiled. “We cuddled close and it was nice.”

“Sure I can.” Bianca smiled as she climbed into the bed and settled herself next to Ash. He smiled up at her before he rested his head against her chest. Bianca placed a soft kiss on his head, before she began to read him his bedtime story.

It was just gone 11 when Brax finally walked into his house. He walked in quietly, expecting Charlie would have gone to bed. He walked into the kitchen and poured himself a small glass of orange juice, before walking to the bathroom and cleaning his teeth. As he walked into his bedroom, he saw Charlie laying on top of the bed, still dressed in her clothes, her book had fallen to the floor and he knew she was dreaming, because her eyes were fluttering slightly. He smiled to himself before he walked over to her and gently shook her shoulder. “Baby.” Brax said quietly.

Charlie stirred slightly before she rubbed her eyes and looked up to him. “Hey you.” She smiled as she pushed herself up in the bed. She looked down to see she was still dressed in her clothes. “Gosh I must have dozed off waiting for you.” Brax smiled lightly as he sat on the bed next to her and wrapped his arm around her. Charlie smiled as she rested her head off his shoulder. “How was getting Liam sober?”

Brax shook his head. “Not an easy task, so I decided to take him home. Although I soon realised that was a mistake. He got aggressive when there was no booze and even lunged out at Bianca.”

“Oh God, he didn’t hurt her, did he?”

“No. I wouldn't dare let anything happen.” Brax shook his head. “I took him away again and as we were walking he ending up punching a bus shelter in anger. Glass sliced through his hand. I took him to the hospital. We had to wait a while but eventually he got it cleaned up and banged. Then we sat at the hospital canteen. I must have given him gallons of water. He sobered up enough, so I walked him to the police station.”

“He’s going to hand himself in?” Charlie asked.

“I don’t know. I told him to do the right thing and left him to it. God knows if he went in or not.”

“Oh. Well you’ve had an eventful day then.” Charlie said softly.

“Yeah.” Brax sighed lightly. “How was your day?”

“Good.” Charlie smiled. “The kids loved seeing the puppies.”

“I bet they did. I wish I could have been there too.”

“You were being a nice person. Helping you mate.”

“I guess.” Brax sighed. “So, anyways, tell me more about the dog hunting.” Charlie smiled as she nestled further into Brax.

“Well Riley of course bounded in all excited and pulled a poor pup up by the scruff of the neck.”

“She’s her father’s daughter alright.” Brax laughed. “Sounds like something I would have done.”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “She loved them. She was rolling about the barn, letting the pup jump all over her. Her clothes were covered in dog hair and dirt from the floor.”

“Well if we are getting a puppy we are going to have to get used to things getting dog hair on them anyways.” Brax laughed.

“True.” Charlie agreed. “Anyways, Jacob was gentle with them, but loved it as much as Riley did. Paige on the other hand was a little more cautious, but she said she’d had the best time when we got home.”

“So, what do you think then? Will we get one?”

“Eh...about that....” Charlie gave Brax a grin as she looked up at him. “We picked one. He’ll be home with us in two weeks.”

“Charlie.” Brax exhaled. “I thought you were just going to look today.”

“I know, but they were so damn cute and the kids.....you know how hard it is to say no to them sometimes, you know, when they give you those eyes and pull those faces...”

“Yeah.” Brax laughed. “So, you said he, eh? At least me and Jake won’t feel even more outnumbered.”

“Yeah it’s a boy.” Charlie smiled. “Jacob wants to call it Pirate, Paige things Cutie is acceptable and Riley thinks it should be called Mister, considering it is a boy and all.”

“What about Mister Cutie Pirate.” Brax laughed. “You know, pleasing all 3.”

“I’m sure we’ll come up with something.” Charlie said as she sat up and looked at Brax, giving him a huge smile as she looked into his eyes.

“And what’s this for?” Brax asked as he ran his hand gently over her mouth, before resting it sofly against her cheek.

“We’re getting a new house, we’re getting a puppy, there’s just a lot of new stuff happening. Positive stuff. It’s nice and I wouldn’t object at all to any more positive things happening.”

“Is that so?” Brax grinned feeling once again, Charlie was hinting as to when this proposal was going to happen. To silence her, he leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on her lips. “So are you wanting to go back to sleep or...” Brax raised his eyebrows as his hands wandered down her back.

“Well since you did wake me.” Charlie grinned seductively as she softly kissed Brax, her hands slowly unbuttoning his shirt.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone. :D Hope you like this one.

Chapter 112

Bianca was standing in the kitchen, making herself a coffee, when April came into in the house. “Hey.” April smiled as she gave her sister a hug.

“Hey how’s it going?” Bianca questioned.

“Good, you?” April said as she took an apple from the fruit bowl and bit into it.

“Oh just brilliant.” Bianca replied.

Sensing her sisters tone April took a step closer to her and cocked her head to the side in concern. “What’s wrong?”

“Liam is still drinking. He’s been drunk the last couple of nights. He left with Brax yesterday...Brax was trying to sober him up for me....he’s not appeared home yet.”

“Maybe he’s turned himself into the police?” April suggested. “You know, told them what he did to Ryan.”

“I doubt that.” Bianca shook her head. “But maybe yeah....so what are you doing here anyways?”

“Oh I can’t come around to see my sister and her kids?”

“Yeah.” Bianca nodded. “But it’s written all over your face that something is on your mind. What do you want to say? Ask? Tell me?”

April took a deep breath as she pulled a big brown envelope from her bag. “So...I...”

“What is that?” Bianca asked.

“Okay, so I know you said you didn’t want to know, you didn’t want to take what you’ve been remembering any further, but there’s a chance that this didn’t happen and I thought wouldn’t you rather know he wasn’t than not know and think he was?” April questioned.

“April what are you talking about?” Bianca screwed her face up, confused.

“Ryan. He’s in hospital right?” April questioned and Bianca nodded. “Well I have my placement there and I kind of....well....I mean if anyone ever found out about this I would probably get into a lot of trouble, maybe even be kicked off my course but...I....well when I was babysitting Bella and Ash the other day, I....I took a swab of her DNA and then with Ryan lying in a coma in a hospital bed it was pretty easy to get some of his and I -”

“April.” Bianca yelled cutting her sister off.

“I know it might have been wrong, but I....it’s here if you want to know.” April said as she placed the envelope down on the worktop. “I was just trying to help....be nice.”

“I have to go and get Ash up for school and Bella ready for the babysitter.” Bianca said, with a touch of anger in her tone, before she turned and walked away, leaving April standing alone in the kitchen.

Charlie walked into the girls’ bedroom to see instead of cleaning away their toys like they were supposed to they were sitting on Riley’s bed having a good old chit-chat. “Riley.” Charlie sighed. “I thought mummy told you to clean your toys away.”

“No.” Riley shook her head as she jumped off the bed and stood herself in the middle of the room. “I like it like this.”

“I know, but it’s messy and we need to clean it up because people are coming to look at the house.”

“I do it.” Paige sighed as she jumped off the bed and started picking up the toys.

“No, Paige.” Charlie shook her head. “These are all Riley’s things. You’ve already tidied yours away like a good little girl.”

“I is a good little girl.” Riley scrunched her face up at her mother.

“If you clean your toys away you will be, yes.” Charlie nodded.

Riley looked up to Charlie, defiantly. “No.” Riley said. “It my room.”

“Riley Mae...” Charlie started as she looked sternly down at her daughter.

“What’s she done now?” Brax sighed as he made his way down the hall. “Oi you.” Brax said as he pointed to his daughter. “You get this room cleaned or we won’t can move to the new house with the big back garden and the swimming pool.”

“Why?” Riley questioned.

“Because no-one wants to buy a house when the previous owners little girl keeps it such a mess.” Brax told his daughter. Riley screwed her face up, looking confused before she sighed lightly and muttered something quietly before she started to pick up her toys.

“Where did she get that attitude from?” Charlie questioned as she looked up to Brax. “I mean she’s 3 for God’s sake.”

“Can’t wait for her teen years eh.” Brax laughed.

“Don’t even.” Charlie shook her head. “But at least this one should be no problems. Our easy child.”

“Ah I don’t know.” Brax shook his head. “She can’t stay all cute and perfect forever. I’m sure she’ll have her moment, eh Paigey?”

“No.” Paige shook her head as she stood in-between her parents. “I stay cute and pefect forevers.” Paige grinned.

“You silly.” Riley sighed as she put her toys away in the toy box.

“Uh-uh.” Paige shook her head. “You is Riley Mae.”

“Nah you is Paige Ouisee.” Charlie laughed lightly at Riley’s pronunciation of Louise.

“Right, well it’s looking a little cleaner in here.” Brax smiled. “What would you girls say to a morning at the park?”

“The beach.” Riley said. “I swim swim swim.”

“Okay, we can go to the beach.” Brax smiled. Riley cheered as she ran over to the drawers and hunted out her swimming costume.

“I stay with mummy.” Paige sighed as she held onto Charlie’s hand.

“Brax, Paige doesn’t like the beach much. Can’t you do something they both like?”

“Of course. Sorry Paigey. Hey, Riley how about we go to the beach a different day and we can go to the park together today?”

“No. Beach.” Riley said as she began undressing herself to put her swimming costume on.

“It okay.” Paige said. “I just want to stay with my mummy.”

“You going to help me with the chores then?” Charlie questioned as she ran her hand through Paige’s curly locks.

“Uh-huh.” Paige nodded lightly. Brax looked down at Paige and sighed lightly.

“You alright?” Charlie asked as she saw the look on his face.

“Fine.” Brax forced a smile. “Let’s go Riley.” Brax held his hand out for Riley to take.

“In a minute.” Riley exclaimed as she put her t-shirt back on.

“See you later.” Charlie smiled as she leaned up and gave Brax a soft kiss.

“Mmm, bye Paigey.” Brax smiled down at her.

“Yeah, bye.” Paige said quietly as she hung herself around Charlie’s arm and started to swing back and forth.

“What you doing?” Charlie laughed as she put Paige on the ground.

“Hanging.” Paige giggled. Charlie smiled as she walked with her daughter down the hall and Brax and Riley left for the beach.

“I get it.” Paige said as the doorbell rang. She ran towards the door with Charlie following close behind her.

“Hi.” Charlie smiled as the door opened.

“Miss Braxton?” The man smiled as he held out his hand.

“Buckton.” Charlie corrected.

“Daddy is Brax. Brax Braxton.” Paige giggled.

“Oh I see.” The man smiled. “Well I’m Nigel. This is Emma, Dave and their daughter Evie.”

“Hey.” Charlie smiled as she shook the woman’s hand and it wasn’t until she looked into her eyes and reran the names in her head that she realised who these people were. “Nice to meet you.” Charlie smiled politely.

“You too.” Emma smiled as she held Evie in her other arm.

“Something smells nice.” Dave smiled.

“I is baking cupcakes.” Paige smiled as she looked up to him. Charlie has originally been against the idea of baking when she was about to have people come around and view the house, but then she thought the smell night be nice and homely, so she gave in to her daughters request. “You want one. I’s share. But we need to keep one for daddy, Jacob and Riley too.”

“If you have enough I wouldn’t say no.” Dave smiled down at her. Paige looked up to Charlie questioningly.

“Yeah yeah.” Charlie nodded. “But they’ll need to cool down first and you’ve still to decorate them.”

“Well after I show you around the house they might be cool enough.” Nigel said. “So shall we?” Nigel looked up to Charlie and she nodded lightly as she walked through with them, with Paige following behind her. She couldn’t help but feel a little worried that Emma was looking at this house. Was it just a coincidence, or did she get put up to it by her father? Was there some creepy reason behind her being here, behind Ryan wanting his daughter to live in her old house? Charlie gave her head a quick shake, discarding her thoughts. Surely Ryan would just want to buy the house himself, not get his daughter to live there. Although, there was only one of him, and 3 of them, possible more kids in the future, so it would probably be too big for just Ryan. She sighed lightly as she looked up into her bedroom to see they, along with Paige, had already left. She exhaled lightly before she walked out the room and down the hall.

“This room is so cool.” Charlie just made Dave out as she walked into Jacob’s room.

“It my brothers.” Paige smiled. “He pirate mad.”

“Yeah, so I see.” Dave smiled.

“So as you can see it’s a decent sized bedroom.” Nigel said, before they moved on, looking at the guest bedroom and the bathroom, before the twins’ room.

“And this is mines and Riley’s too.” Paige grinned as she jumped up on her bed. “Thems fishes and stuff are cool.” Paige pointed to the wall with the undersea mural on it.

“This room would suit Evie perfect.” Emma smiled as she held her sleeping daughter in her arms.

“And the pirate room for if we ever have a boy.” Dave smiled. “And I have to say little one, you’ve kept your room very clean.”

“I do.” Paige nodded. “It’s Riley who is messy. She had to clean it all befores you go here.”

“Oh I see.” Dave laughed before they walked down the hall and into the living room.

“I decorate them cakes.” Paige smiled as she jumped up onto the chair that was pulled up against the worktop and picked up the tubes of coloured icing and began to decorate away.

“So.” Nigel smiled as he looked from Emma to Charlie. “What do you think?”

“It’s lovely.” Emma smiled. “I think we’re really interested but we’d need time to talk about it, obviously.”

“Of course.” Nigel said. “It’s not like deciding what you want for dinner. It’s a new house, a new life, kind of.”

“Yeah.” Emma smiled. “Well we need to get going.” Emma said. “We’ll go see granddad. Hopefully he’s better today.” Charlie heard sadness in Emma’s voice, and couldn’t help but feel sorry for the girl, but at the same time she did wonder if she knew what Ryan was really like.

“Here you cakes.” Paige grinned as she handed Dave two cakes, one for him and one for Emma, then gave one to Nigel. “Does she want one too?”

“No she’s too little.” Emma forced a smile. “But thank you very much.” Emma said before walking over to the door, and out onto the porch.

“Well I will be in touch.” Nigel said and Charlie nodded lightly before she watched them walk away, still left wondering what to make of the situation.

Thanks guys. :wub: Here's the next one. Hope you like it.

Chapter 113

Bianca walked into her house and saw him sprawled out across the couch; a glass of what Bianca hoped was water sitting on the coffee table. She exhaled lightly as she put her bag down on the kitchen worktop before she walked into the living room, sitting on the arm of the chair as she looked down at him. “So where have you been?” Liam shrugged his shoulders. “Do you know where you slept last night?”

“I woke up on the beach so I guess the beach.” Liam answered. Bianca pressed her lips together before she nodded lightly.

“So, I guess you haven’t been too or intent to go to the police.”

“Nah.” Liam laughed as he sat up and took a drink of the water.

“You’re happy to keep this pinned on Brax then?”

“Not my problem if the police think it’s him.”

“No.” Bianca shook her head. “But you could let them know who it really was.”

“I’ve already told you I can’t do that.” Liam shook his head.

“I don’t see any reason why you can’t.” Bianca said. “It’s the right thing to do. Not only by Brax, but for Ryan.”

“Ryan?” Liam raised his voice. “You think it’s the right thing to do by Ryan? After what he did to you, you still think we need to do the right thing by him? Doing the right thing would be killing the bast- ”

“Liam.” Bianca raised her voice. “No matter what he did it doesn’t give you the right to put him in hospital.

“You fancy him or something?” Liam asked. “It’s all about poor Ryan.”

“Don’t be ridiculous Liam.” Bianca spat as she stood up. “I hate the guy for what he could have done to me, but at the end of the day you did something wrong and you owe it not only to Ryan, but to Brax to tell the police what really happened.”

“Or is it Brax who you fancy?” Liam questioned. “You keep saying what about Brax? He’s getting into trouble and he didn’t do anything. Do it for Brax. You owe it to Brax. You like him and you just want me out of the way, right?”

“I love you.” Bianca said. “You are the only person I want to be with but it’s not going to work if you continue with this drinking and whatever this is right now.” Bianca exhaled. “Liam you need to realise that you need to do the right thing.”

“That all you want to say?” Liam asked. “Cos I’m sick of hearing it.” Liam stood up from the couch and headed for the door, slamming it shut on the way out.

Bianca stood at the door, holding onto the envelope in her hand. She took a deep breath before she knocked and waited only moments for an answer. “Hey, Bianca, come in.” Charlie smiled. “Hey Bella, Ash.” Charlie smiled down at the kids. “The kids are in the twins’ room playing some game if you want to join them.” Ash and Bella ran down the hall, leaving the adults to talk. “You alright?” Charlie looked to Bianca and saw her face was tear stained.

“I eh...if this is a bad time...I can....I picked up the kids from the sitter then I came...but I can go -”

“Hey, Bianca it’s okay. What’s wrong?”

“What’s right?” Bianca choked back. “Ever since I remembered everything has just...it’s been so hard with Liam and I....I wish I never remembered anything in the first place and...” Bianca closed her eyes as a tear rolled down her cheek. “He won’t go to the police. I’ve tried to make him go....my threat of going myself didn’t work....it’s not fair that Brax is getting blamed for this. I just wish he’d do the right thing.”

“Well they haven’t said anymore to Brax about it, maybe they believe it wasn’t him.”

“Maybe.” Bianca sighed. “Or maybe they are just waiting to talk to Ryan in hope they get enough to arrest him.”

“Well there is that too.” Charlie sighed. “But surely then Ryan would say it was Liam, clearing Brax.”

“Yeah. But he doesn’t know Liam. So at most he’d give a description. It might never get brought back to Liam.”

“Would you tell them it was him?” Charlie questioned. “I know you threatened it, but could you actually do it?”

“I think if I could I would have by now.” Bianca sighed.

“Well we just need to hope it’ll all work out.” Charlie said with a small smile of hope. “So, what this?” Charlie asked as he pointed to the envelope.

Bianca took a deep breath as she looked down to it. “A DNA test...you know for Bella and Ryan -”

“I thought you didn’t want to find out?” Charlie questioned.

“I didn’t.” Bianca shook her head. “April did it behind my back, so keep shush about it.”

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded lightly. “What did....I mean have you....”

“Not yet.” Bianca shook her head. “I’m too scared to. Can you do it?”

“Me?” Charlie questioned as she took the envelope in her hands. “If you are sure.” Bianca nodded in response. Charlie took a deep breath as she opened the envelope, her hands shaking slightly. “God I’m nervous for you.” Charlie opened the envelope and pulled out the paper and scanned the document before her. “I’m sorry.” Charlie said softly.

“Are you really sure?” Bianca asked sounding like tears would soon fall from her face.

“98.99% sure.” Charlie replied before she put the piece of paper down on the coffee table and pulled Bianca closer to her. “You know this doesn’t change anything.”

“I know.” Bianca smiled. “There was just a part of me that wishes I was remembering wrong...that he didn’t....that I wasn’t...” Bianca shook her head as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“I know.” Charlie sighed. “I wish Brax was her father.”

“No you don’t.” Bianca shook her head. “Wishing I wasn’t raped is one thing, but I know you wouldn’t wish she was Brax’s. It would have ruined things with you two and us two.”

“Maybe so if the option was she was Brax’s or she was Ryan’s after he....he hurt you...” Charlie trailed off.

“No Charlie, you don’t have to say that.” Bianca shook her head. “It’s okay. I wish she wasn’t Ryan’s either, but I’m glad she’s not Brax’s too. I couldn’t have lived with myself if I’d wrecked your relationship, split up Jacob, Riley and Paige’s parents.....ruined our friendship.”

“Well Brax will still be there for her if she ever needs him.” Charlie said.

“I know he will.” Bianca smiled. “I just hope Liam will be too.”

“I’m sure he will be.” Charlie smiled. “He just needs to realise that he needs help before anything can be done.”

“Yeah.” Bianca smiled lightly as Bella came running into the room, followed by Paige.

“Oh look at your girls all dressed up pretty.” Charlie smiled as the girls climbed up on the couch and sat on their mothers knees, dressed up in some of Paige’s princess dresses.

“Uh-huh.” Paige nodded as she straightened up the tiara that was falling off her head.

“What’s the rest of them doing?” Charlie asked.

“Uh....theys playing pirates.” Paige replied. “So we’s play princess dress-up.”

“I look pretty mummy?” Bella questioned as she looked up to her with a big grin on her face.

“Of course.” Bianca nodded. “You are my prettiest little girl.” Bella giggled before she cuddled into her mother.

“Ti amo mamma.”

“Ti amo mia principessa.” Bianca smiled as she placed a soft kiss on her daughters head.

“What she say?” Paige asked as she looked up to her mother confused.

“I said I love you my princess.” Bianca smiled as she held tightly onto her daughter., she was her little princess and she would always love her, no matter who’s DNA she shared.

“So, how was work?” Charlie asked as she snuggled up in bed next to Brax.

“Meh...the usual.” Brax sighed. “How was the house viewing?” Brax asked. He hadnt had the chance to talk to Charlie about that yet for when he brought Riley home from the beach, he had to go straight back out to work, for he was already running late.

“Intersting.” Charlie replied.

“How so?” Brax asked.

“Well I answer the door and who do I see standing there with the agent but Emma. As in Emma Sullivan. Ryan Sullivans one and only daughter.”

“Surely that can’t be just a coindence.” Brax said. “What game is he playing now?”

“I don’t know.” Charlie sighed. “I think maybe....maybe it was just a coincidence. She seemed nice enough. She didn’t have a little digs.....maybe she doesnt even know about what he’s done lately. She seemed really upset that he was hurt and in hospital.”

“Well he is still her dad and knowing what he’s been doing and being angry is one thing, but not getting upset when he’s been put in hospital would be pretty extreme. I mean, look at the way I went on when I found out about Casey. Yeah I hated him for what he did, but then when it came down to it, he was still my little bro and it hurt so much that I didn’t have anything to do him, you know that he died without seeing me again after so long.”

“I guess.” Charlie replied. “Well what do you think it could mean then?”

“I have no idea.” Brax exhaled. “It does seem at bit strange to me though.”

“Well what do you suppose we do?” Charlie asked. “Deny a sale to them if they make an offer? Becasue so far they are the only people who have been interested in the house. And I mean, if you think about it, what harm would it do really if they lived there? We’d have moved away so it’s not as if we’d be just next door or something.”

“No, but we’d still be in the bay, or well close enough. If Ryan doesnt do any jail time it means that he’d be here more often visiting his daughter and grandkid....he may even be moving in with them.” Brax said. “We don’t know.”

“Exactly, Brax, we don’t know.” Charlie sighed. “We don’t know anything.”

“But we’ll get to the bottom of it.” Brax said. “After all you are an ex police officer. I’m sure you’ll work it all out.”

“Oh put all the pressure on me why don’t you.” Charlie exhaled.

“Let’s just not worry about it.” Brax said as he placed a kiss on her head. “It’ll all work out fine in the end.” Charlie smiled lightly as she cuddled even closer to Brax and hoped he was right.

Thank you everyone. :wub:

Chapter 114

“So what should we do today?” Brax questioned as he put the breakfast dishes away.

“I don’t know.” Charlie shook her head. “We need to go shopping though.”

“For toys for me?” Riley asked as she looked up to her mother excitedly.

“No.” Charlie laughed lightly. “For food and milk and juice and stuff.”

“Ah the boring shopping.” Jacob sighed. “We could go play footie at the beach.” Jacob suggested as he looked up to Brax.

“Sounds like a good idea mate.” Brax smiled. “What do you think girls?”

“No.” Paige sighed. “I stay with mummy just.”

Brax exhaled lightly, trying not to show the look of hurt on his face at Paige seemingly not wanting to spend time with him, but Charlie saw it, just as she did the previous day before he took Riley out to the beach. “What would you like to do, Paigey?”

“Draw or play dress-up or oh we could go to the zoo....can we mummy please.” Paige smiled up at her mother. Charlie pursed her lips together as she looked at Brax.

“I’ll tell you what we are going to do.” Charlie said. “Jacob and Riley, you two are going to come with mummy and help me at the supermarket. Then afterwards we will have a picnic at the park, and we will take a football so those who want to play can.”

“No.” Riley shook her head. “Beach so we swim too.”

“No, you were at the beach swimming yesterday. We will go to the park this time.”

Riley frowned as she folded her arms across her chest. “Well I no help you.” Riley shook her head.

“Yes missy you will.” Charlie said. “C’mon you two, up you get.” Jacob jumped off the chair and put some shoes on but Riley continued to sit, still with the frown on her face.

“I stay wiff daddy and we play footie now.” Riley announced.

“But mummy needs you to help her.” Charlie said as she lifted her from the chair. “Now, go and get your shoes.” Riley sighed as ran off to her bedroom, unimpressed with the outing she had to go on.

“I could help you.” Paige smiled as she ran over to her mother and took her hand. “I like helping you.”

“I know you do, but we also need someone here to look after daddy, don’t you think?”

Paige shook her head. “He big. He’ll be okay by his self.”

“Oh I don’t know, Paigey. I think I might need you to stay.”

“No.” Paige said on the brink of tears. “I want to go wiff my mummy.” Paige clung onto Charlie tightly. Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked up to Brax. She knew Paige was too close with her, and that she needed to bond with her father more, so even though she may come off the bad person in her daughters eyes, she needed to force her to stay alone with Brax. “Riley can stay.”

“No Paige.” Charlie shook her head as she pushed her daughter from her. “You’re staying with daddy, then when we get home we can all go to the park together.” Charlie said as Jacob and Riley appeared by the door, ready to go. “I’ll be home soon okay.” Charlie said as she placed a kiss on Paige’s forehead, before standing up and walking over to the door. She looked up to Brax who gave her a thankful smile before she left the house. Brax looked down to Paige who’s bottom lip was trembling and her eyes were watering.

“Hey, we don’t need any silly water works.” Brax said as he bent down to his daughter’s level and wiped her cheek. “What do you want to play? You pick anything and daddy will happily do it.”

“I just want my mummy.” Paige took a step back from Brax before she ran off towards her bedroom.

Brax sat on the chair in the living room, his head in his hands and sighed. He knew he needed to go after Paige and bond with her more, but he was finding it difficult. It was easy with Riley, she was so like him and they could go and happily spend hours in the ocean. Paige was a lot quieter and far more like her mother. He loved her like crazy, there was no doubts about that and he knew that Paige loved him too, but he found it more difficult when it was just the two of them, and although he greatly appreciated what Charlie had done, he wasn’t sure if he’d be able to coax his daughter into playing. She was such a mummy’s girl, especially over the last few months and Brax thought it would probably be hard to get her out of her upset that mummy had left her to be able to play and bond more with his daughter. He took a deep breath before he felt a small hand tapping his knee. He looked up to see Paige standing staring at him. “You okay sweet pea?”

Paige shook her head. Brax expected her to say something about missing mummy and wanting her back, but instead she turned around. “Can you do it up?” Paige asked. She’d changed into one of her many princess dresses – today she was Snow White – and she was unable to get the zip up at the back. Brax smiled lightly as he zipped her up before he lifted her up onto his knee. “No.” Paige shook her head as she jumped down and ran out of the room. Brax sighed and was about to get up when Paige appeared at the edge of the hallway. “You come too.” Paige said and Brax smiled as he stood up and followed Paige down the hall and into her bedroom. He’d seen that she’d pulled out her tea party set and laid it out on the floor. “Will you come?” Paige asked quietly.

“Of course.” Brax smiled down at his daughter. “I love a good old tea party.”

Paige giggled as she ran over to him and put her hand on his leg. “You need a dress.” Paige sighed as she ran over to her dress-up box. “They’s no fit you.” Paige shook her head as she pulled out dress after dress after dress. “What we do?”

“Eh, maybe daddy could just wear this.” Brax said as he pointed to what he was wearing.

“No, daddy.” Paige shook her head sounding alarmed at his suggestion. “It a dress-up tea party. You gots to dress-up.”

“Oh. I see.” Brax nodded.

“Maybe one of mummy’s dresses?”

“I still don’t think they’d fit me sweet pea.” Brax laughed.

Paige sighed as she hit her forehead with the palm of her hand. “Well what we do?”

“I don’t know.” Brax shook his head.

“Oh's.....I do.” Paige jumped up excitedly and went back to her dress-up box and pulled out a pink feather boa and a plastic silver tiara with purple jewels on it. “You just wear this.” Paige said and Brax bent down to allow Paige to put the tiara on his head and the feather boa around his neck. She looked up at him and giggled hysterically. “You look funny.”

“Yeah.” Brax smiled down at her. “But you look like a princess.”

“I is, silly.” Paige nodded. “Princess Snow White.” Paige said before she smiled up at him and gave him a kiss. “Now, let’s go play.” Paige said as she ran over to her tea set and picked up the tea pot and pretended she was pouring juice into the little cups. Brax smiled as he walked across the room and sat down next to his daughter.

Charlie took Jacob and Riley into the diner once they’d done the shopping. “Why we here.” Riley asked as she climbed up onto Charlie’s knee.

“Well I thought since you two were so helpful at the supermarket that I’d bring you here for some ice-cream.”

“Ice-cream.” Riley screeched. “You the best mummy.” Riley said as she cuddled into her.

“Aww thank you.” Charlie smiled as she gave her daughters head a kiss.

“Can I have cake instead?” Jacob asked.

“Of course.” Charlie smiled as Riley jumped down from Charlie’s knee and took a seat next to her.

“Hey, what can I get you today?” Leah smiled as she came to take their order.

“I’ll have a latte.” Charlie smiled.

“Uh....chocolate for me.” Riley beamed. “Lots of the stuff with chocolate sauce.”

“She means chocolate ice-cream.” Jacob added. “And I will get the chocolate cake please.”

“Sure.” Leah smiled as she wrote the order down. “And do you two want anything to drink?”

“No.” Riley shook her head. “Just lots and lots of chocolate.”

“Eh...I do.” Jacob nodded. “Oh I will have a banana milkshake please.”

“Okay, one banana milkshake coming up.” Leah smiled down at the boy. “And you wanted strawberry ice-cream right Riley?”

“Chocolate.” Riley sighed. “I say lots and lots of chocolate silly.” Charlie and Leah both laughed lightly before Leah walked off to get their order ready.

“Mum can we ask Ash to come to the park and play footie today?” Jacob asked.

“Yeah, sure.” Charlie smiled as she pulled her mobile out of her pocket.

“And Bella.” Riley smiled. “We ask Bella too. And Bee-Bee and Liam....all of them.”

“Yeah, we will.” Charlie smiled as she sent Bianca a quick text before putting her mobile down on the table.

“Theys coming?” Riley asked.

“I need to wait for Bianca to answer first.” Charlie said, just as she looked up to see Bianca walking in the diner with Ash and Bella.

“Hey Bee-Bee you coming?” Riley asked.

“What where?” Bianca asked. Charlie could see that her mind was occupied by something else, most likely to do with Liam.

“The park.” Jacob answered. “Mummy just messaged you.”

“Oh.” Bianca said as she pulled her phone from her pocket. “So you did. Eh....I’ll need to take a rain check on that though. I eh...” Bianca trailed off as she tilted her head slightly, wanting Charlie to go talk with her more privately. Charlie stood up from the table just as Ash and Bella climbed up onto a seat.

“What’s wrong?” Charlie asked as they stood a few feet away from the table.

“I can’t find Liam again.” Bianca sighed. “After he stormed out yesterday...he’s never appeared home.”

“I’m sorry.” Charlie said. “It must be hard to deal with.”

“Yeah.” Bianca sighed. “Well I thought maybe he’d be in here but I guess not.”

“Do you want me to watch the kids for you?” Charlie questioned. “That way you can go and look for him without them being there and if you found him, they wouldn’t need to see him drunk and you two could talk things through. Well I say drunk, but maybe he would be if he is drinking, that is.”

“Oh he will be.” Bianca nodded. “But yeah, it would be great if you could watch them.”

“Yeah it’s fine.” Charlie smiled. “Like they said we are going to the park, so they can come with us.”

“Thanks Charlie.” Bianca smiled as she gave her arm a squeeze before explaining to the kids that they would be spending the day with Charlie before going off to look for Liam. Leah brought over Charlie’s coffee and Riley’s ice-cream.

“Oh hello kids.” Leah smiled.

“Hi.” Bella replied.

“Are they eating or....”

“Sure.” Charlie smiled. “Would you like some ice-cream or a piece of cake?”

“Vanilla ice-cream please.” Ash answered quietly.

“Chocoite cake.” Bella grinned and Leah nodded as she walked back to the kitchen to get the rest of their order. Charlie smiled down at the kids as she took a drink of her coffee. She looked to Ash and exhaled lightly, as if the poor hadn’t been through enough in the last month or so, he now has to put up with his dad going off the rails. She gave him a smile as she noticed he was staring at her and only hope that for his sake, Liam would quickly get his act together.

Thanks everyone. :D

Chapter 115

She found him sitting by the lake. An empty bottle of whisky lying beside him. “What you doing all the way out here?” Bianca asked calmly. She wanted to be mad, she wanted to shout at him but she knew it would only make the situation worse so she held back.

“I just woke up here.” Liam sighed.

Bianca shook her head lightly as she sat down next to him. “Quiet a hike out of the bay.”

“Yeah. I’m surprised you found me.” Liam said.

“Why, were you trying not to be found?” Bianca asked.

Liam shook his head. “I dunno. Maybe.”

“We had a date here.” Bianca exhaled lightly. “Our first one when we got back together. A picnic. Strawberries, sandwiches, croissants, champagne....non-alcoholic of course.”

“How can you remember?” Liam asked.

“Because I was already head over heels in love with you. Seeing you again it just brought everything back and that date was perfect. The food, the skinny dipping, the dancing we did....everything.”

“We did dance.” Liam smiled. “I sang to you.”

“Yeah.” Bianca smiled lightly as she remembered the beginnings of them getting back together. “How things change.”

Liam laughed lightly at himself. “I should never have left you. Doing that was the biggest mistake in my life. And what have I got to show for it? Nothing? One crappy single that reached number 111. Wowza.”

“You got Ash.” Bianca replied. “You left here and met Chelsea and pretty much straight away she wound up pregnant with your son. Surely he’s something amazing to show from your time away from here.”

“Yeah.” Liam nodded. “Ash aside then. I just failed miserably.”

“So you were not supposed to be a top recording artist. It’s not the end of the world is it? At least you went out and tried. A lot of people couldn’t even do that.”

“If I stayed...I could have protected you from getting raped. I could have protected it from happening.”

“Then I wouldn’t have had Bella.” Bianca said. “And she’s my whole life. I couldn’t imagine being without her.”

“I just wanted to be able to protect you.” Liam said as he sniffed back. “And I can’t....I can’t protect you from things like that. A night out with Charlie and there you go it could happen.”

“I know.” Bianca nodded. “And I know you can’t be there to protect me all the time. But you turning to drink and lashing out at me....” Bianca shook her head. “Not going to help, it is?”

“Nah.” Liam shook his head. “And neither is beating up Ryan. It’s not going to change that fact that 3 years ago he raped you.”

“No.” Bianca said quietly. “It won’t.”

“So, what do I have to do to make things okay again?” Liam questioned.

“You go to the police. You tell them what you did then you go get help for your drinking, then we can talk.”

“I can’t. The police, okay maybe that could be a possibility, but go back to rehab?” Liam shook his head. “I can’t okay.”

“Then I can’t be with you.” Bianca shook her head. “I don’t deserve to put up with a drunken thug of a fiancé. No-one does. And Bella and Ash...they deserve better as a father.”

“So you’re saying its drink or my family?” Liam asked.

“I guess so.” Bianca said as a tear rolled down her cheek. Liam nodded lightly before he took a deep breath.

“I don’t....I don’t want to stop drinking.” Liam said as he pulled a small bottle of vodka from the inside of his jacket. Bianca pursed her lips together as she stood up and watched as he unscrewed the bottle and took a drink.

“Well I see you’ve made your choice.” Bianca held back the tears as she took the engagement ring from her finger and threw it down next to Liam before she turned and walked away.

Charlie was standing at the doorway of the girls’ bedroom watching as Paige and Brax were sitting, deep in a discussion, as Paige once again pretended to pour juice into his cup. She smiled lightly as she watched her daughter giggling and Brax sitting with a huge smile on his face as he looked loving at his daughter. “Mummy’s home.” Paige grinned as she jumped up from the floor and ran into her arms.

“Hey.” Charlie smiled as lifted her daughter up and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“I is Snow White today.” Paige grinned.

“So I see.” Charlie smiled as she put Paige back down on the ground. “Did you have a good morning with daddy?”

“Yeah.” Paige smiled as she held onto Charlie’s hand. “But you’re home forevers now right?”

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “We’re going to go to the park.”

“Yey.” Paige cheered.

“Go into the living room. Jacob has some lollies for you.” Charlie said and Paige ran off into the living room. Charlie smiled up at Brax as he walked over. “Love the look.” Charlie laughed as she held onto the ends of the feather boa and pulled Brax closer to her. “Are you a princess too?” Charlie asked teasingly. Brax laughed lightly as he went to take the tiara off. “No.” Charlie shook her head as she put a hand on Brax’s, stopping him from removing it. “It suits you, really brings out your eyes.”

“Haha.” Brax said.

“Mmm really.” Charlie grinned as she took a step closer to Brax. “Should I start calling you Braxina?”

“Well she did want me to wear one of your dresses.” Brax answered.

“Oh really.” Charlie raised her eyebrows.

“Yeah, I did eye up that sexy little black number you have too.”

“Ah you did?” Charlie questioned.

“Yeah, but I decided against it as I thought I’d look too good in it, might upset you.”

“Oh how very kind.” Charlie grinned before looking up to Brax and placing a kiss on his lips. Brax smiled into the kiss, letting it become more passionate.

“No, but seriously.” Brax said as he pulled back. “Thank you.”

“Thank you for what?” Charlie questioned.

“You know what.” Brax smiled as he tucked Charlie’s behind her ear.

“Well I am a pretty amazing person.” Charlie grinned. “You could be thanking me for a lot of things....but you are welcome.” Charlie smiled softly. “Just don’t go taking her fully, she’s my twin. You know Riley is a little daddy’s girl.”

“I know, but Riley still interacts with you way more that Paige does with me.”

“Well that’s just because I’m way amazing.” Charlie grinned before she kissed Brax once more.

“Mmm indeed.” Brax smiled just as the kids ran down the hall.

“Are we going to the park?” Jacob asked.

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled as she looked down to the kids.

“Oh, hey Ash, Bella.” Brax smiled down at the kids.

“Hi.” Ash smiled.

“Hi Bax.” Bella waved up at him.

“Is Bianca coming too?” Brax questioned.

“She just had some things to do so I said I would watch them.” Charlie answered, not wanting to say much about Liam in front of the kids.

“She’s looking for my dad.” Ash sighed. “He just gets drunk now and disappears.”

“Ah I’m sure that’s not true mate.” Brax said as he smiled down at the boy.

“It is.” Ash sighed.

Charlie and Brax exchanged a glance before looking back down at the kids. “Right let’s get to this park hmm.”

“You need to sort the picnic though.” Jacob sighed.

“Well we can all work together and we’ll be ready to leave in no time.” Brax smiled as he took the tiara and feather boa off, before leading the kids down the hall.

Charlie handed Bianca the coffee cup and took a seat at the table next to her. “Sorry we don’t have anything stronger.”

“It’s okay.” Bianca smiled as she took a drink of the coffee. “At least Brax has willpower.”

“Well so far so good.” Charlie smiled lightly.

“Ahh Charlie have I done the right thing?” Bianca sighed as she ran her hands through her hair. “Maybe I’ve just gone and made him worse. Gave him another reason to drink.”

“You shouldn’t have to put up with this.” Charlie shook her head. “Maybe now he’s lost his family he’ll have reason to stop. You know, to fight for you.”

“I hope so.” Bianca sighed as Ash ran through to the kitchen and up onto Bianca’s knee.

“Bee I’m real tired. Can we go home now?” Ash yawned.

“Sure.” Bianca smiled as she lifted him from her knee and stood up. “Sorry I left you here so late. I just had stuff I needed to do at home.”

“It okay.” Ash exhaled. “But I just want my bed now.”

“Sure bud, I’ll just go get Bella and we can be on our way.” Bianca said as she walked out of the kitchen and into the twins’ room where Bella was already sleeping on Paige’s bed. Bianca smiled at her sleeping beauty before she picked her up into her arms and walked back through to the kitchen. “Right, what do you say to Charlie?”

“Thank you.” Ash smiled as he gave her a hug. “I had lots of fun at the park today.”

“Ah you’re welcome and thanks for keeping Jacob company.” Charlie smiled down at the boy.

Bianca sighed lightly as she shifted Bella in her arms. “Well thanks for today Charlie, and I’ll maybe see you tomorrow.”

“Yeah sure.” Charlie smiled, just as the doorbell went. She walked over to answer and was slightly surprised to see Georgie standing at the other side. “Georgie, what can I do for you?”

“Sergeant Watson.” Georgie cleared her thought. “And I’d like to talk to Brax.”

“Eh he’s just bathing the girls, what’s the problem?”

“Ryan woke up today.” Georgie answered. “So, no surprises on who he said assaulted him. We’d like to take him into the station.”

“It wasn’t Brax.” Bianca shook her head as she handed Bella to Charlie. “Can I talk to you outside?” Georgie gave a slight nod of the head and Bianca stepped outside, leaving Ash and Bella inside with Charlie. “It was Liam.” Bianca told Georgie. “He assaulted Ryan. He still has his own bruises to prove it.”

“And why would Liam assault Ryan?” Georgie questioned.

Bianca took a deep breath. “Three years ago, Ryan....he....well he....I was....he’s Bella’s....he raped me.” Bianca said quietly as she looked down to the ground, away from Georgie’s gaze.

“And why are you just telling me this now?” Georgie asked. “Why not report rape 3 years ago?”

“I couldn’t remember.” Bianca shook her head. “I saw him a few days ago...he was here, hassling Charlie again and it just all came back to me.”

“So Ryan was here hassling Charlie the same night he was assaulted?”

“Yeah.” Bianca nodded. “But it wasn’t Brax. I told Liam what I remember and he went out and got drunk....I guess he ran into Ryan because it was him. He told me.”

Georgie nodded lightly as she pursed her lips together, unsure what to believe. “And where is Liam?”

“I don’t know.” Bianca shook her head. “Ever since I told him.....all he’s done is go and get drunk.”

“Well if you do see him please send him in the direction of the station.”

“I’ve tried numerous times to get him to go.” Bianca sighed. “He won’t.”

“Well then let’s hope we find him soon because I’d love to talk to him. Thank you for your time.” Georgie said before she walked away from the house, leaving Bianca sitting alone on the porch as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Thanks everyone. :)

Chapter 116

Bianca exhaled lightly as she looked down to the photo of her and Liam that was on the wall, halfway up the stairs. Wondering how he could be so stupid to allow the drink to suck him in again and wondering if she did the right thing by breaking up with him or if she had made it all worse. She wondered where he would stay tonight and if the police would ever catch up with him. “Bee.” Ash said. “Let’s go see then.”

“Sorry bud.” Bianca said as he continued to walk up the stairs with him. “Now, it’s not done yet, but it’s started.” Bianca smiled as she opened the door of Ash’s bedroom, and the smile on her face grew as she saw the amazement light up his tired eyes.

“Wow.” Ash smiled. “You did this for me?”

“Sure thing.” Bianca smiled. After breaking up with Liam, she’d gone to the store and bought a bunch of blue paint and painted Ash’s room for him. She enjoyed splashing the paint about the walls. It was one way to realise some of her anger.

“Thank you Bee.” Ash smiled as he wrapped his arms around her.

“You’re welcome kid.” Bianca smiled as she ran her hand through his hair. “But as you can see it’s not finished yet.”

“No.” Ash giggled. “There’s no bed.”

“Nope.” Bianca shook her head. “But it should come in the next few days.”

“Where I sleep tonight?” Ash asked.

“Well you can either top and tail with Bella, or you can come sleep in my bed.” Bianca told him.

“Your bed.” Ash smiled. “It’s big and comfy.”

“Yeah.” Bianca nodded in agreement. “Well you get your pj’s on and go brush your teeth and I’ll go make you a hot chocolate to drink while I read you a book. How does that sound?”

“Good.” Ash smiled as he ran over to his drawers and pulled out his pj’s. Bianca smiled before she left the room and went back down the stairs. She opened the cupboard and pulled out the hot chocolate mix and a mug. She flicked the kettle on to boil, and it was then when he walked back into the house.

“Bia -”

“Get out.” Bianca said. “I meant what I said this morning. We are finished.”

“But -”

“Liam please, you need to go and get help.” Liam sighed lightly, as he swayed on the spot, unable to keep a balance.

“I’ll get my boy then.” Liam said as he took a few steps forward.

“You are not going near him in that state.” Bianca shook her head. “He’s better off with me right now.”

“He’s my boy.” Liam shouted. “Ash...ASH.” Liam screamed out.

“Will you keep your voice down.” Bianca seethed. “Bella is asleep.”

“I just want my boy and then I will be out of your way.”

“Look at you, Liam.” Bianca said. “You’re drunk...your shirt is half hanging out, you got...” Bianca trailed off as she saw something hanging out of his pocket. On closer inspection she saw it was a little plastic bag. She pulled it from his pocket, just as Ash appeared down the stairs.

“Daddy.” Ash smiled as he went to walk forward but Bianca pulled him back.

“Go on, back upstairs bud.” Bianca said. “You’re hot chocolate is almost ready and I’ll be right up.” Ash looked at Bianca then to Liam who was swaying lightly as he tried to stand still then back to Bianca before he ran back up the stairs. Bianca looked down to the little plastic bag in her hands and shook her head as he saw two little white pills. “What the hell is this?” Bianca asked.

“Mine.” Liam pulled the bag from Bianca’s hands and stuffed them back in his pocket. “You know you can’t keep him from me. He is my son.”

“Yeah and you take him off with you when you are drunk or high on something and it’ll be a matter of days before DOCS come and take him from you and put him into care. And do you really want that for him? He’s better off with me, Liam.” Bianca said. “I’ll look after him.”

“You gotta....you gotta let me see him though.” Liam said.

“If you’re sober and clean then yeah I won’t stop you.” Bianca said. “But right now, you are in no fit state to be his parent.” Liam shook his head lightly before he turned and walked out of the house, slamming the door shut behind him. Bianca took a deep breath as she wiped her hands over her eyes, pushing back the tears. She walked over to the worktop again and poured Ash his hot chocolate and added extra marshmallows before going back up the stairs to find Ash sitting in her bed, ready for her to return.

“Daddy is drunk again isn’t he?” Ash questioned. Bianca exhaled lightly as she put his hot chocolate on the bedside table and climbed into bed next to him.

“Everything will be okay.” Bianca smiled. “You don’t need to worry....now what book did we pick tonight?”

“Thomas the tank and the twins.” Ash smiled lightly as he handed Bianca the book. He got himself comfy before Bianca started to read the book to him.

Charlie and Brax were sitting on the couch, Charlie with her head nestled against his shoulder, Brax with his arms around her, rubbing her shoulder lightly. “Promise me you’ll never go back onto the drink.” Charlie said as she looked up to Brax.

“I promise.” Brax said. “What’s happening to Liam is making me well sure of that.”

“It’s Bianca I feel sorry for.” Charlie said. “And little Ash. As if the poor kid hasn’t been through enough.”

“Yeah.” Brax nodded. “I don’t know what he’s going to do now she’s broke up with him though.”

“Yeah well he’s not our problem.” Charlie said dryly.

“Charlie, give the guy a break. He’s going through a hard time.”

“Is he though?” Charlie questioned. “Bianca is the one who remembered she was raped. If anyone is going to be going through a hard time at the moment it’ll be her. What’s Liam got to feel sorry for himself for?”

“I dunno...I guess he feels like he failed to protect her.”

“They weren’t even a couple then. He was on the other side of the world trying to make something of himself.” Charlie raised her voice. “It’s just a stupid reason to try to excuse his drinking.”

“Charlie -” The sounds of the door banging open stopped Brax from talking. They looked up to see Liam staggering into room.

“I need a place to stay.” Liam stuttered. “She’s ended it so won’t let me stay in the house. Won’t let me near my boy.”

“Then go get a van.” Charlie said as she stood up from the couch.

“The van park is way across town.” Liam sighed as he sat down on the floor in the hallway.

“There’s a B&B just around the corner then.” Charlie replied.

Liam laughed. “I spent all my money on drink.”

“C’mon mate, you can have the guest room.” Brax said as he lifted Liam up to his feet.

“No, he can’t.” Charlie looked angrily at Brax.

“I...I like what he said.” Liam said as he pointed to Brax. Brax shook his head lightly as he walked Liam down the hall and into the guest room. He lay him down on the bed and then left the room again.

“Brax, he is not staying here.” Charlie raised her voice as Brax poured some water into a jug and took a glass from the cupboard.

“One night, Charlie. That’s all I ask.” Brax pleaded.

“Why?” Charlie questioned.

“Because he is mess.” Brax replied. “And I’d rather he was here where he can’t get his hands on anymore drink.”

“I don’t understand why you want to help him after what’s he’s done to Bianca. She’s my best friend Brax. She didn’t deserve to put up with his behaviour.”

“Yeah and Liam is my best friend.” Brax shouted. “He needs help, Charlie. He doesn’t need tough love. He needs support and I am going to give him that.”

“Why are you being nice too him?” Charlie questioned. “After you got in trouble with the police because of him? After our 3-year-old daughters got taken to the station in a police car because of him?”

“Because I know what it’s like to be in his state.” Brax replied. “Okay, I’m not trying to go against you or Bianca because what he’s done to Bianca these past few days isn’t cool. But I’ve been there Charlie and the drink.....it’s just sucks you in okay, and you lose all control and sense of what’s right. He’s needs help. Please just let me give him that.”

“I feel like I am betraying Bianca by letting him stay.” Charlie said sadly.

“You don’t have to have any part in this.” Brax shook his head. “I’ll tell Bianca you were against it if it’s going to make you feel better. Just for one night, please Charlie.”

“One night.” Charlie said. “Then he’s gone.”

“Thank you.” Brax smiled lightly at her before he walked back in the direction of Liam’s room with the jug of water.

Thanks everyone. :D

Chapter 117

Charlie was making the kids breakfast when Paige came into the kitchen and clung onto her leg. “Mummy I no feel good.” Paige said quietly. Charlie bent down to her daughter’s level as put her hand on her forehead.

“God, you’re burning up sweetie.” Charlie said.

“No. I is cold.” Paige shook her head lightly.

“Brax.” Charlie shouted through to him. She still wasn’t happy with him for letting Liam stay in the house and not much had been said between Charlie and Brax since.

“Yeah?” Brax said as he appeared in the kitchen in nothing but his board shorts. “Jake and I were just going to go for a surf.”

“Come here and feel her temperature.” Brax walked over to his daughter and felt her forehead.

“Jeez.” Brax said as he pulled his hand away. “She’s on fire.”

“No.” Paige said as she started to shake. “I’m cold.”

Brax and Charlie exchanged a glance with each other. “Maybe just give her some fever medicine and make her have a little lie down.” Brax suggested. Charlie agreed and turned and opened the cupboard and pulled out the medicine. “Oh gosh, Paige.” Brax shouted as he flung himself forward and held onto his daughter as she burst into a fit.

“Brax, what’s wrong.” Charlie shouted as she watched her daughter.

After what seemed the longest 10 seconds in Charlie and Brax’s life, the fit stopped and Paige fell floppily into Brax’s arms. “We need to get her to the hospital now.” Brax said as he was already making a run for the door, a drowsy Paige lying in his arms. Charlie grabbed the car keys and chased after him and opened the car so he could put Paige down in her car seat. Brax jumped into the driver’s seat and Charlie threw him the keys before opening the passenger door of the car. “Crap.” Charlie muttered as she ran back into the house and into the twins’ bedroom, lifting Riley up into her arms, knocking over the tower her and Jake were building.

“Mummy what you doing?” Riley asked.

“C’mon Jake, we gotta go.” Charlie said as she made her way out of the room.

“But daddy and I were about to -”

“Now Jacob.” Charlie yelled slightly louder that she intended startling her son. He jumped up to his feet and ran from the room and out of the house to the car. Charlie strapped Riley into her seat and jumped into the front seat and Brax sped off in the direction of the hospital.

Bianca walked down the stairs with Bella in her arms, Ash walking down behind her. “What we do today Bee?” Ash asked as he climbed onto the chair at the dining table.

“What would you like to do Ash?” Bianca questioned as she put Bella down in her seat.

“Eh...Bella what can we do today?” Ash asked as he looked down at her.

“Plays.” Bella said. “Plays with mamma.”

“Yeah but what?” Ash giggled.

“The beach.” Bella smiled.

“Oh yeah.” Ash smiled. “We could swim and play with a ball.”

“Build sandcastles.” Bella smiled sweetly up at her mother.

“Well, sounds like you kids have planned the day.” Bianca smiled as she put some bread into toaster, before getting out two bowls for their cereal.

“Dove papà, mamma?” Bella questioned. “Where daddy?” Bianca pursed her lips together as she poured the cereal into the bowls, before reaching for the milk.

“He’s drunk.” Ash sighed.

Bianca exhaled lightly as she put the kids cereal down on the table in front of them before she bent down at the side of the table, and looked to the kids. “Daddy’s not well right now, so he’s not going to be living here with us.”

“He at hopital?” Bella questioned.

“No, no sweetie he’s not.” Bianca sighed lightly as she shook her head.

“Is it my fault?” Ash questioned. “He gets drunks because I’m here now.”

“No.” Bianca shook her head. “Not at all. Me and your daddy couldnt be happier that you get to live with us, bud.” Biaca smiled as she cupped her hand around the back of his head.

“So why is he always drunk?” Ash asked sadly.

Bianca took a deep breath, not really sure on how to answer the boy. “Because alcohol can be dangerous and something in your daddys body tells him he needs it all the time.”

“Oh.” Ash nodded. “I will never drink alcohol after what it does to daddy.”

Bianca exhaled lightly as she rubbed the boys cheek. “Daddy will get better.” Bianca said, hoping he would infact soon realise that he needed help.

“And then he wont need it all the time?” Ash questioned and Bianca nodded.

“Yup that’s right.”

“Mummy toast.” Bella smiled as she pointed to the toaster. Bianca stood to her feet and walked back into the kitchen, to get the toast for the kids.

Charlie was sitting at Paige’s bedside, holding onto her daughter’s hand little hand. She pursed her lips together as she felt tears rolling down her cheeks as she looked at her little girl, hooked up to an IV that was dripping something into her body, a tube through her throat for breathing. An auxiliary nurse had taken Riley and Jacob to the canteen, allowing Charlie and Brax to sit with their daughter. Brax stood behind Charlie looking down at his daughter, his eyes glazing over with tears. He put a hand on Charlie’s shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze. “What’s taking them so long?” Charlie asked, not taking her eyes off her daughter even for a second.

“They just want to make sure they know fully what’s wrong.” Brax said.

“What if something really is wrong?” Charlie cried. “Our beautiful baby.”

“She still will be.” Brax said. “Let’s not get worried until Sid comes back with the news yeah?”

“Let’s not get worried?” Charlie raised her voice. “She’s lying in a hospital bed hooked up to an IV after having a fit. Surely that’s enough reason to have us worried.”

“I know.” Brax nodded. “I just mean....let’s not threat over the what ifs until the Sid’s talks to us, okay.”

Charlie nodded lightly as she gave her daughters hand a soft kiss. “It just feels like it’s been hours.”

“I know.” Brax agreed before he looked up to the clock on the wall. “It’s only been 20 minutes though.”

“Is that all?” Charlie said as she put her other hand on top of Brax’s. “You’re freezing.”

“I’m just in my board shorts.” Brax said as he looked down on himself. He’d left the house in such a rush that he hadn’t even put on a pair of shoes.

“I’ll go see if I can find you something to wear.” Charlie said as she stood up.

“No I’m okay. Just stay with Paige.” Brax said as she pushed her down in the seat.

“I need the distraction. If only for a few minutes.” Charlie said. “And a coffee...do you want one?”

“Sure.” Brax nodded lightly as Charlie left the room. He took a seat on the chair and softly stroked his daughter’s chocolaty brown locks from her forehead. “Hey, what’s this little stunt girl.” Brax sniffed back as he wiped a tear from his cheek. “You’ve got us all worried.” There was a soft knock at the door and Sid walked into the room, the results in his hand.

“Where’s Charlie?” Sid questioned.

“She went to get a coffee.” Brax said as he stood up and looked to Sid, crossing his arms across his chest as he shivered. “So you have results?”

“Yes, I do.” Sid nodded. “I should probably wait for Charlie to return.”

Brax nodded lightly as the door opened once again and a tall fair haired lady with glasses and a briefcase walked into the room. “Who is she?” Brax questioned.

“I’m Lara.” The lady held her hand out for Brax to shake. “I’m from the Department of Child Services.”

Brax looked from her to Sid and back to her confused. “But what....why are you here?” Brax questioned as Charlie walked back into the room, holding a blanket.

“This was the best I could get, but you can wrap it around you.” Charlie said as she handed Brax the blanket. “And the stupid coffee machine in this ward was broken.”

“Eh Charlie.” Brax said as he took the blanket from her and gestured to the other people in the room.

“Oh Sid.” Charlie said nervously. “Do you have her results?”

“Mrs Braxton.” Lara held her hand out for Charlie to shake.

“Who’s this?” Charlie asked as she looked confusingly from her to Brax.

“This is Lara. She’s from DOCS.” Sid answered.

“Well why....what....” Charlie looked to Sid confused.

“Paige’s test results show that she had something in her body. That explains the drip. We’re running fluids through her to get rid of all the bad toxins in her body.”

“Well what....” Brax trailed off as he took a hold of Charlie. “What do you mean something was in her body?”

Sid exhaled lightly as he looked from Lara to the distressed parents. “That was what the testing was for. Look, we found ecstasy in her system.”

“Ecstasy?” Charlie questioned. “But how...” Charlie trailed off as she looked up to Brax. “How could she...”

“She’s going to be okay right, there’s nothing...she’s not...” Brax struggled to form a sentence and thoughts were running through his head on how his daughter could have gotten a hold of ecstasy.

“We expect once this IV has been pumped through her she’ll be perfectly fine, yes.” Sid nodded.

“And eh...this DOCS woman why....” Brax trailed off.

“Well when we find ecstasy in a three year old we can’t take it lightly.” Lara replied. “Are either of you users?”

“Don’t be so ridiculous.” Charlie yelled. “I’m an ex-police officer, he’s an....Liam.” Charlie spat as realisation hit her. “It was Liam. I told you we shouldn’t let him stay.” Charlie hit Brax’s chest in anger.

“I’m gonna kill him.” Brax said angrily before he stormed out of the hospital room in search for Liam.

Thank you everyone. :wub: Hope you like this next one.

Chapter 118

Brax walked into the restaurant and over to Liam. “Hey mate, thanks again -”

“How the hell could you be so stupid?” Brax yelled as he pushed Liam back so he was against the wall, one of his arms was pressing down tightly across Liam’s neck, the other forming a first and about to hit his face.

“What the hell is this?” Liam asked as he tried to push Brax back, but Brax was stronger and able to keep his position.

“I swear to you, if I didn’t have a court case hanging over me for assault I would beat you senseless right now.” Brax spat as he released his grip on him.

“What the hell was that for?” Liam questioned as he straightened himself up.

“My daughter is lying in a hospital bed because of you.” Brax raised his voice in anger.

“What the hell? I didn’t do anything.” Liam protested.

“You brought ecstasy into our house.” “Brax yelled. “Paige got a hold of it and she must have thought it was a sweetie or something because she is lying in a hospital bed Liam.”

“Oh God Brax I am -”

“I don’t want to hear it.” Brax yelled, cutting him off. “I went against Charlie. She told me not to let you stay and because I’m trying to help you I don’t give in to her. I beg her to let you stay for just the one night and this is how your repay me?”

“Look I didn’t know she was going to take the drug.” Liam sighed. “She shouldn’t have been sniffing around my stuff.”

“She’s 3.” Brax yelled. “Little kids are curious.”

“Look mate I’m sorry, I didn’t know she’d taken it.” Liam said.

“What? Were you that much off your face that you didn’t even know she came into your room, that your drugs were gone?”

“I assumed I’d taken them both when I woke up to find the pack empty.” Brax shook his head as he grabbed Liam by the arm and dragged him out of the restaurant. “What you doing? I’m about to open up.”

Brax laughed lightly. “In that state?” Brax shook his head. “Besides you don’t work for me anymore.”

“C’mon mate, I -”

“You are not my mate.” Brax shook his head. “Mates don’t let their mates 3-year-olds get hold of ecstasy. Clear off and get out of our lives. You useless piece of -”

“Alright alright.” Liam exhaled. “I’ll go to the cops. I explain everything. But please don’t fire me. Without my job...without our friendship....I really will have nothing.”

“And who’s faults that?” Brax questioned. “Now clear off.” Brax said as he pushed Liam forward, causing him to stumble slightly, before he walked off, and away from the restaurant.

Charlie was sitting in the hospital, tears rolling down her cheeks. She was no longer allowed to sit with Paige, nor was allowed to see Jacob and Riley. They’d been taken away by the DOCS lady, for interviewing, or taken away from their mother and put into the care system, Charlie wasn’t yet quite sure. “Why did you call them?” Charlie looked up to Sid as he walked out of Paige’s room.

“I didn’t.” Sid exhaled lightly as he took a seat next to Charlie. “It was one of the nurses.”

“Which one?”

“I can’t tell you that.” Sid shook his head.

“What if I lose them?” Charlie cried. “They’re my babies. I’m not some dangerous druggy, it was Liam’s fault. He brought the drugs into my home. They should be with me.”

“I know.” Sid smiled sympathetically at her. “And it probably won’t come that. They just need to make sure that the kids will be safe.”

Charlie nodded lightly as she wiped tears from her cheeks. “How is she?”

“She’s not as responsive as we’d like her to be.” Sid said tentatively.

“What does that mean?” Charlie asked, she could feel her heart beating faster inside her, her palms becoming sweaty at the thought of the news she was about to hear.

“Well usually once the drip has finished people would wake up. They’d be groggy, but she’d be responsive, alert.” Sid said. “Paige is still out. It may just be that the drug was so strong, that we haven’t administered enough IV into her to get rid of it all. A normal dose for ecstasy would be between 100-125mg in strength, so we gave her enough of the IV to account for that.”

“So, you’re saying the pill she had was stronger? So she just needs more IV and she’ll be fine, right?”

Sid gave a kind of half nod. “I’ve started her on another drip, and hopefully once that one is finished she’ll be alert.”

“But?” Charlie questioned. Sid gave Charlie a confused look. “C’mon Sid, I know there’s a but, just tell me.”

“Paige could have brain damage, some paralysis issues, she may find it more difficult to learn things now, she could have a speech impediment, she -”

“Stop.” Charlie shook her head as the tears rolled down her cheek. “It’s not right because she was fine before this...how can one drug, one time...”

“She’s little Charlie.” Sid replied. “It’s going to have a bigger effect on a 3 year old than it would have on a 35 year old man. Surely as an officer you must have come across people on this drug, and others and know what could happen to them.”

“Oh yeah I came across 3 year old addicts all the time.” Charlie replied.

“Look, I can’t begin to imagine how hard this must be for you and -”

“No, you can’t.” Charlie shook her head. “So don’t even bother saying anything else.” Sid exhaled lightly before he nodded his head. The sounds of footsteps brought Charlie too look down the hall and she stood as she saw Lara walking towards her.

“Mrs Braxton.” Lara said once again. Charlie just smiled as politely as she could at lady, normally should would correct them for their mistake, but on a day like today, something like that didn’t matter. “I’ve reviewed the situation and I feel that for the time being it is in the best interests of your children if we were to removed them from your home.”

Charlie felt like she was being punched in the stomach. “No.” Charlie shook her head. “Their my kids. I haven’t done anything wrong. They aren’t in any danger.”

“Well I believe differently and I’m sorry but my choice is made.”

“But where....why.....can I say goodbye? Exlplain to them what’s going on.” Charlie asked as the tears rolled down her cheeks.

“I’m afraid they have already been taken out of the building. They are on their way to our centre.”

“But how...what happens?” Charlie asked.

“They’ll be placed under temporary foster care.” As Charlie heard the words she felt like her heart was being ripped out. Her babies had been taken from her, all because of Liam. All because he was too weak to resist temptation.

“Please don’t split them up.” Charlie shook her head. “Please let them stay together at least.”

“Sometimes it’s difficult enough to find placement for one child, Mrs Braxton. Finding one for 2, 3 once Paige is out of hospital...” Lara shook her head. “But I will do the best I can.”

“May I suggest.” Sid said tentatively as he placed his hand on Charlie’s back in an act of comfort. “There’s a lady in the bay who is registered with DOCS. Irene Roberts. She knows the kids and the kids obviously know her. If this is just a temporary situation then perhaps, giving of course you have the kids’ best interest at heart, in an effort not to split them up, that they are able to stay with her.”

Lara exhaled lightly as she thought about what Sid had said. “I’ll see what I can do, but I can’t promise you anything. But, if, and I mean if, I were to be able to arrange that, you still cannot have any contact with your children. Don’t call this lady, don’t go to her house.”

“I won’t.” Charlie shook her head. “As hard as it would be....I know Irene would take care of them for me.”

“Well like I said, I’ll see what I can do.” Lara said before she turned and walked away, leaving Charlie to break down into tears in the arms of Sid.

Thanks everyone. :wub:

Chapter 119

Charlie was sitting in the house, on the couch as the tears continued to roll down her cheeks. Without the presence of the children, the house felt so empty, so quiet, so big, and Charlie had never felt more alone in all her life. She wanted nothing more than for her children to come back through the door right in that moment, for Lara to tell her she’s made a mistake, but she knew she was just being too hopeful, that it would be harder than that to get her children back. She wiped the tears from her cheeks with her hand, before sniffing back yet more tears that wanted to fall. She didn’t even look up as the door opened, and Brax walked back into the house. “Hey, I went back to the hospital but Sid said you were gone and there was a lady outside Paige’s room that told me I couldn’t go in. I tried asking what was going on but they wouldn’t tell me. They just told me to get home to you.” Brax said as he took a seat next to Charlie, a look of worry plastered across his face. Charlie looked up to Brax before she looked away again and once again wiped a tear from her cheek.

“They took them.” Charlie cried. “They took our babies from us.” Charlie once again broke down as she fell into Brax’s arms. Brax took a deep breath as he felt his eyes glazing over.

“Did they say...what did....”

“Lara seems to think it’s only temporary. I guess they need to review things and...” Charlie trailed off as she buried her head further into Brax’s chest. “I just want them here with me...us....they should be with us.”

“I know...me too.” Brax sniffed back. “But they’ll see that. They’ll see they did wrong and let them come home.”

“God I hope so.” Charlie sighed. “I think...I think they were going to call Irene so at least they’ll know her.”

“See they’ll just think they’re sleeping over at Irene’s.” Brax said.

“But for how long?” Charlie asked. “For one night, maybe, but it could be days, weeks, months......we might never get -”

“Hey hey let’s not think like that.” Brax shook his head as he rubbed Charlie’s arms. “They’re our babies and they belong with us. We’ll get them back.”

“”We were getting them a puppy.” Charlie cried. “What if....what if they don’t get that anymore? It’s all they’ve always wanted.”

“They’ll get it.” Brax smiled. “And they come home and then we’ll go to Hawaii and it’ll be all the more special for us.”

“How can you be so positive?” Charlie asked.

“Because we’ve done nothing wrong.” Brax said. “And they’ll soon realise that....but if you need to, or want to yell at me...I’d understand....none of this would be happening if I didn’t let Liam stay.”

Charlie shook her head as she sat up on the couch. “Yelling’s not going to change anything. Paige will still be in hospital and the kids would still be taken from us....and besides it not your fault.”

“No, it’s Liam’s.” Brax said angrily.

“No, I don’t blame him either.” Charlie shook her head. “All of this....it’s my fault. Liam turning to drink and drugs, Paige in the hospital, the kids been taken....if I never spoke to Ryan that night...if I just....I....all this happened because I spoke to him. If I didn’t....Bianca wouldn’t have remembered, Liam wouldn’t be a drunken druggy....little Paige...my baby girl...she...” Charlie once again broke down, unable to finish her sentence.

“Hey, c’mon, you are not to blame.” Brax shook his head as he pulled her back into a hug. “And Sid said Paigey would be okay, didn’t he?”

“He eh....” Charlie shook her head. “Once the IV finished...she wasn’t....she still didn’t....they had to give her more and he said...he said she could be brain damaged or she could end up with some sort of paralysis or impediment and it would be all my fault.” Charlie cried as he held tightly onto Brax.

“God.” Brax shook his head as he sniffed back. “She’s a strong one though. Look who her parents are, eh....a Buckton and a Braxton....she’s going to fine.” Brax said hopingly. He had to hope though, as thinking anything else was just too hard for him to take.

“You’re too positive, Brax.” Charlie sighed.

“Maybe you’re just too negative.”

“Well think the worst because then the news won’t be as bad, you know, it’ll be what you expected.” Charlie answered. “But you will can forgive me right? For doing that to our baby girl.”

“This wasn’t your fault, Charlie.” Brax shook his head. “Did you make Liam buy the pills and bring them into this house?” Brax asked. Charlie shook her head lightly. “Then it’s not your fault.” Brax shook his head.

“Did you...did you hurt him?” Charlie questioned.

“Nah.” Brax shook his head. “I can’t afford to get myself into any more trouble eh....I wanted to though...I wanted to beat the crap out of him.”

“Well as much as it would have been good, I don’t want you getting into any more trouble either, so I’m glad in a way you didn’t. He’s not worth it.”

“No, he’s not.” Brax said as he shook his head before placing a soft kiss on Charlie’s head. He exhaled lightly as he rubbed Charlie arm, who remained snuggled up against Brax. After about 5 minutes of them sitting in silence like this, the doorbell rang and Charlie rushed up to answer it, hoping it would Lara with her children, saying she’d made a mistake. As she opened the door, with Brax standing closely behind her, she felt a glimmer of hope rise into her, as she saw Lara standing at the other side.

“Mrs Braxton, Mr Braxton.” Lara said.

“How are the kids?” Brax asked. “Where are the kids?”

“The kids are....fine.” Lara exhaled. “I called Irene and she’s happy to look after them for you until your review.”

“When will that be?” Brax asked.

“Next Sunday.” Lara replied.

“Sunday?” Charlie questioned. “But that’s a whole week away. You can’t take my babies away from me for that long.”

“It was originally going to be in two weeks, Mrs Braxton. I managed to change it for you. Believe it or not, I am on your side and I do hope you get your children back.”

“No you’re not on our side, because then you wouldn’t have taken them in the first place.” Charlie yelled.

Lara exhaled lightly as she pushed her glasses up to her eyes. “I’ve managed to arrange a meeting between you and the kids. You can see them on Wednesday at 2pm for 1 hour.”

Brax smiled as he heard this news. “Can we take them where we want too?”

“Unfortunately, no.” Lara shook her head. “You will be at the playroom in the centre, but you get to see your children.”

“Supervised though right?” Charlie asked. “I mean we can’t be trusted to have them on our own, right?”

“You will be supervised yes.” Lara nodded.

“And what about Paige?” Brax questioned. “Can we go and see her?”

“No.” Lara shook her head as she gave a simple answer.

“So is that everything then?” Charlie asked as she went to close the door in her face.

“No, the kids need clothes.” Lara said.

“Well you can wait outside while we pack some.” Charlie said dryly as she closed the door.

“Charlie.” Brax sighed as he reached for the door handle. “I know she probably deserves it, but treating her that isn’t going to do us any favours.”

“So I’ll be her new best friend then, invite her over tonight for some wine and ice-cream.”

Brax exhaled lightly as he wrapped his arms around her. “Look, I know this is hard, but just co-operate with her the best you can. It’ll be best for us and our chance at getting the kids back.” Brax kissed Charlie’s head softly before he pulled back and opened the door, to an un-amused Lara.

“I’m ever so sorry about that.” Charlie did her best to plaster on a smile. “Please do come in. Can I get you a coffee? A tea? A juice?”

“No thanks.” Lara shook her head. “Just point in the direction of the kids’ rooms.”

“Oh, I’ll do better than that.” Charlie replied. “I’ll take you in there myself.” Charlie said as she walked down the hall, with Lara and Brax following. As she got to the twins’ bedroom she froze still to the spot. She looked around to see Paige’s little octopus teddy sitting on top of her made up bed, to see Riley’s bed with the covers hanging off, still not yet made, the building blocks the kids were playing with earlier that morning still lying across the floor. “I....I can’t.” Charlie shook her head as she turned around and rested her head against Brax’s chest, as once again, tears began to flow down her cheeks. Brax held tightly onto her and rubbed her back in comfort.

“I’ll get them.” Lara said as she walked into the room and over to the wardrobes and started to pull out some clothes for the girls.

Wow, thank you everyone. :wub: This will probably be the last chapter I post for a couple of days. I fly back home to Scotland tomorrow, and then I will be catching up with the family, so yeah, might be a few days before the next one.

Chapter 120

Charlie lay in bed as she looked at the digital clock that was on her bedside table. She exhaled lightly as she read 4.17am as the time. She ran her hand across her eyes, most likely to wipe away more tears that wanted to fall, before she turned around in the bed expecting to find Brax lying there, but was slightly surprised to find it empty. She sighed lightly as she got out of the bed and walked through to the living room, squinting her eyes as she walked into the light. She saw Brax sitting on the couch rubbing his forehead. “Can’t sleep either?” Charlie asked as she sat down on the couch next to Brax. Brax shook his head.

“I think I got a couple of hours.” Brax replied. “How about you?”

“About an hour, if that.” Charlie replied. “I just...I need to know if they are okay....what they’ve been told.”

“Well we know they’ll be okay. They’re with Irene.”

“I shouted at him.” Charlie said sadly. “Jacob...I....he just wasn’t getting up quick enough, and I was just so worried about Paige and....I didn’t mean too. What if he thinks it’s because of that, because -”

“Charlie.” Brax shook his head as he pulled her closer to him. “He’s not going to think anything of it.”

“He’s just a kid and I yelled and then he got taken away.” Charlie sniffed back. “I don’t want him to think I don’t care because I shouted and now....”

Brax shook his head. “Stop. You’re just making yourself feel worse.”

“I don’t think that’s possible.” Charlie replied.

“Well you can find out if he’s been affected by that on Wednesday, then on Sunday after the review, well get our kiddies back home where they belong.” Brax gave Charlie a comforting smile before he pulled her into his arms. Charlie took a deep breath as she smelt his scent. She felt safe being in his arms, and she trusted him. She trusted what he was saying, and for the first time since the kids had been taken from them, was hopeful of them returning. “I wonder how Ruby is going to take the news.” Brax sighed as he gently rubbed Charlie’s arm.

“I’m not telling her.” Charlie shook her head.

“Charlie, don’t you think she’d want to come home and support you?”

“Yeah and that’s exactly why I can’t tell her.” Charlie sighed. “She’s on tour, she needs to finish this tour, you know for her fans.” Charlie said. “And she’ll stress out and that’s not good for the baby, so she’s not being told.”

“Yeah but -”

“Look, I’ve made up my mind, and if you tell her behind my back I will be really upset with you.” Charlie said as she pulled back slightly and looked up at him.

“Okay...okay.....I won’t.” Brax said as he rubbed Charlie’s back.

“Thank you.” Charlie smiled before resting herself against his chest once more. Brax took deep breath before he closed his eyes. He couldn’t lose it now. He had to be strong to keep Charlie from breaking down yet again. He exhaled before placing a soft kiss on her head and only hoped that what he was saying was true and that the kids soon would be back with them.

“No no I won’t.” Riley screamed as she crawled back on the bed, moving further away from Irene. Irene sighed as she looked to the clock. 4.30am. After an initial struggle to get Riley to go to bed, she finally managed to get her down around midnight, but the girl had woken up around 3.30, and had refused to go back to sleep ever since.

“But girly, everyone needs to sleep.” Irene yawned.

“No.” Riley shouted. “I want mummy and daddy.”

“You can’t tonight eh love.” Irene shook her head. “You have to stay with me.”

“No.” Riley shook her head. “I go home.” Riley said as tears rolled down her cheek. “I go home now.”

“Aww darl.” Irene said as she moved forward and tried to pull Riley into a hug, but she pulled herself away, moving even further back.

“You no mummy. Go away.” Riley cried. Irene exhaled lightly at a loss at what to do, when the bedroom door opened at Jacob came into the room as he rubbed his tired eyes.

“Sorry, did she wake you?”

Jacob nodded as he climbed up onto the bed and sat close to Riley. “She no like it in the dark.” Jacob shook his head as he reached forward and put the side light on.

“Jake I want mummy and daddy.” Riley cried.

“We have to stay with Irene. The lady said so.” Jacob said as he wrapped his arm around little sister.

“Why?” Riley questioned as she sniffed back.

“I don’t know.” Jacob shrugged his shoulders. “But mummy will be back for us.”

“Tomorrow?” Riley asked quietly.

“I hope so.” Jacob nodded.

“I miss thems.” Riley sighed.

“Me too.” Jacob said. “But we got me and you together just now.” Riley smiled lightly as Jacob wiped the tears from her face.

“You no go nowhere?” Riley questioned and Jacob shook his head. “And stay here wiff me.” Riley said as she pointed down to the bed.

“Yeah. I’ll stay with you.” Jacob smiled before he looked up to Irene. “But you’s gots to sleep.”

“I wills.” Riley nodded as she lay herself down in the bed.

Irene gave Jacob a thankful smile before she kissed both the kids goodnight. “So, you want the side light left on?”

“Uh-huh.” Riley nodded as Jacob lay down in the bed beside her. Irene walked over to the door and switched off the main light, before closing the door almost all the way, before walking back across the hall to her bedroom. She did feel for the kids and for Charlie and Brax. She knew it wasn’t fair that the kids had been taken from their parents and only hoped that it wouldn’t be long till they got their babies back, but she would make a promise that she would look after them until that happened.

Charlie put the spoonful of sugar into the cup of coffee and gave it a stir, before holding her hands around the hot cup. She turned around from the worktop and looked down at the dining table where Brax was sitting, picking at a piece of toast he was trying to eat, but he didn’t really feel like he had much of an appetite. “Are you opening the restaurant today?” Charlie asked. After Brax had fired Liam and told him to leave the morning before, he closed up for the whole day, sending all the waiters and chefs home as well.

“No.” Brax shook his head as he gave Charlie the simple one worded reply.

“Oh, I thought maybe I could have come and helped you. Tried to keep my mind occupied with something else.”

“Don’t you always work at the spa on Monday’s anyways?” Brax questioned.

Charlie nodded lightly. “Normally yeah, but I changed my shift for this Monday for Friday because Lisa wanted Friday off. She’s going away with her boyfriend for the weekend.”

“Ah, I do remember you saying you’d swapped actually.” Brax replied. “But no, I’m not going to open the restaurant.”

“Don’t you think you should?” Charlie questioned. “You lost money yesterday. Can we afford to lose even more today?”

“I think the situation with the kids is a whole lot more important than any amount of money.” Brax raised his voice as he hit his fists against the table.

“I know but I just...I thought us keeping things how we do it even when the kids are here would help...you know, it would -”

“I know.” Brax nodded. “But it’s my choice and I don’t want to open the restaurant today.”

“Could you not get Robert to go in?” Charlie questioned. “At least it would still be open and making money.”

“No. I’ve made my choice.” Brax replied.

“Okay.” Charlie sighed lightly before taking a drink of her coffee. There was no point arguing with him, especially when they had much more important issues facing them right now.

“Would be nice though, wouldn’t it?” Brax half smiled up at Charlie.

“What would?” Charlie asked confused.

“Getting away for a few days, like your friend Lisa from work.” Brax replied.

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “But we can’t exactly leave town. Think how that would look to DOCS about how much the kids mean to us. They get taken from us so we rush off on a holiday.”

“Well maybe it’s because we can’t deal with being in this house without them.” Brax replied. “Walking past their bedrooms and not seeing them....not hearing them right now....I hate it Charlie. Okay, we’re not allowed to see them, but it’s a small town. We have every chance of bumping into them and then what happens?”

“I know what you mean, but, I just don’t think it would look that way to DOCS if we did get out of here for a few days....but I hate being here without them too. It’s...it’s...” Charlie trailed off as she looked down to floor. She pursed her lips together as she fought yet more tears back. Brax stood up from the table and walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her, rubbing her back in comfort.

“Just think about, Charlie.” Brax said. “We can let DOCS know what we are doing and why. I need to get out of here.”

Charlie looked back up to Brax and was about to reply when the phone started to ring. She rushed across to answer it. “Hello.....yes this is she.....really?......oh my gosh thank you so much.....yes, yes, I understand....thank you so much.....bye.” Charlie turned back around to face Brax, a huge grin on her face. “We can go see Paige.” Charlie smiled as she leapt into his arms.

“That’s great.” Brax breathed a sigh of relief.

“Only for 1 hour and someone will be there, but still.” Charlie grinned. “Well go get dressed.” Charlie said as she looked to Brax, who was only wearing a pair of boxer shorts. Brax smiled as he ran out of the living to his bedroom to get dressed, so they could go and see their little girl.

Archived