Forever Yours

Guest Danni02

Thank you everyone. :wub:

Chapter 81

Charlie and Brax walked out of the restaurant and started to make the short walk along the road to get back to the bay, and back home to their children. During the meal, Charlie had told Brax about Jacob asking about his surname, and explained that she told him about Angelo, but he didn’t seem to think any different of Brax and was still calling him daddy and wanted to change his name to Braxton, and Brax happy in a way that Jacob knew about Angelo, but he was worried that Jacob would now start acting differently around him and not listening because he’s not his father. “So, I’ve been thinking.” Charlie said, ending the silence that was between them.

“Oh yeah?” Brax questioned. “About what?”

“You adopting Jacob.” Charlie said.

“I tried that.” Brax said. “It got denied.”

“Yeah but that was back then.” Charlie argued. “We’ve been together a lot longer now. Maybe this time it’ll be with different results.”

“My criminal record will still be there.” Brax sighed.

“Well we don’t know for sure if that was the reason.” Charlie said. “I still think it’s worth trying again.”

“And what about us not being married?” Brax questioned.

“Well that could change.” Charlie grinned cheekily as she looked up at Brax.

Brax laughed nervously before he shook his head. “I don’t know Charlie.” Brax sighed. “As you said the first time it didn’t go through, it’s only a piece of paper and I’m still his father.”

“I know, but...if anything happened to me....I wouldn’t....I wouldn’t want you to lose him.”

“Nothing is going to happen to you.” Brax said.

“Brax, we need to think about things like this.” Charlie sighed. “Just in case...heaven forbid, if I was to have an accident or take ill and die...I don’t want Jacob having to go elsewhere and be torn away from the only father he has known, from his sisters.”

“They won’t take him away, Charlie.” Brax shook his head. “And Ruby is his sister and will be old enough to apply for guardianship if anything like that came up.”

“I know, but, Carla and Roberto are his biological grandparents and....I mean what if they want him?”

“Well they haven’t shown any interested in him so far, why would that change?” Brax questioned.

“I dunno....” Charlie shook her head. “Because...to cause trouble....because they think it would be best if he was with his real family...I....I thought you wanted to adopt him.”

“I did...I do.” Brax nodded. “But I just don’t know if I can go through the pain of rejection again.”

“Okay, well I guess it’s up to you.” Charlie sighed lightly as they walked back into the bay.

“Let’s go this way.” Brax said as he pulled Charlie in the opposite direction that she was starting to walk in.

“Oh yeah, why?” Charlie smiled lightly.

“Just for a little bit more time.” Brax smiled. “Before we get back to the kids.”

“Well the kids will be in bed.” Charlie laughed lightly. “Or at least they should be.”

“I know.” Brax smiled. “I just want some more time.” Brax said as he and Charlie walked down the path and onto the beach, leaving Charlie thinking this was going to be it. “So.” Brax smiled as they sat down on the soft sand. “I’ve been thinking.” Brax smiled as he wrapped his arm around Charlie.

“Oh yeah.” Charlie grinned. “About what?”

“Well at the wedding, how you were talking about going to Bali or something.” Brax smiled. “I know you said you wanted a holiday without the kids, so I’ve tried to think of a way to do both.” Brax smiled as he reached into his pocket, but to Charlie surprise he didn’t pull out an engagement ring box, but instead a crumpled up piece of paper. He opened it up and handed it to Charlie.

“So what am I looking at here?” Charlie questioned.

“A holiday villa in Hawaii.” Brax smiled. “I thought maybe once Ruby and Xavier get back from Bali, we could all take a family holiday. Me and you could go out a week early so we get some alone time, then Ruby and Xavier can bring the kids out and we can have a couple of weeks as a family, before Ruby starts with her next tour and Xavier can finish his last year at school.”

“I eh....that’s why you wanted to come here?” Charlie questioned. “To talk about a holiday?”

“Yeah.” Brax smiled. “What do you think?”

“I eh...” Charlie shook her head as she stood up. “I’m getting cold sitting here, can we go home?”

“Cold?” Brax laughed as he pushed himself to standing. “It’s not cold at all.”

“Well I am.” Charlie said as she started to walk up the beach, and Brax ran after her and wrapped him arm around her and rubbed her arm.

“Well what do you think about this holiday then?” Brax asked.

“Flying 7 people out to Hawaii and staying there for 3 weeks?” Charlie questioned. “You really think we could afford that?”

“Well Ruby and Xavier would pay their own way, so I’d only had the 5 of us to pay, but yeah, I’ve looked into it.”

“I don’t know.” Charlie shook her head. “I’ll think about it.” Charlie said as they continued to walk home.

“Don’t you think it would be nice?” Brax questioned. “We could take the girls to swim with the dolphins, Jake could catch some awesome waves, you and Rubes could hit the spa, me and Xav could give the whole golf thing a go....”

“I want to think about it.” Charlie sighed as she walked into the house. “Hey, Marilyn.” Charlie smiled. “How have they been?”

“Oh great.” Marilyn smiled. “Little angels.”

“I’ll just go check on them.” Brax smiled as he walked down the hallway.

“You okay Charlie?” Marilyn questioned as she walked over to the door.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Charlie smiled weakly.

“How was tonight?”

“Good.” Charlie smiled. “Thanks for watching the kids.”

“Oh they are no bother.” Marilyn smiled before she left the house. Charlie sighed lightly before she closed the door and locked it before walking through to her bedroom and kicking off her heals before taking off her ear-rings and bracelet. She exhaled lightly before reaching for her face-wipes and began to remover her make-up, before Brax walked into the room.

“All sound asleep.” Brax smiled as he walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her from behind.

“Good.” Charlie smiled.

“Yeah, it is.” Brax grinned before placing a soft kiss of Charlie’s neck.

“Don’t.” Charlie shrugged him off before she threw the wipe in the bin and started to take her dress off.

“Well I was going to do that for you.” Brax grinned as he stepped forward and once again wrapped his arms around her and went to kiss her neck.

“Brax, I’m tired okay. I just want to go to bed to sleep.” Charlie said as she once again shrugged him from her and unhooked her bra and lay it down on the chair with her dress before reaching for her pyjamas and putting them on before walking towards the bathroom to clean her teeth, returning to find Brax still standing in the room, his hands on his hips and he followed Charlie with his eyes as she walked over to the bed and got into it. “What you looking at me like that for?” Charlie asked as she applied her hands with some hand cream.

“No reason.” Brax shook his head. “I’m just going to go clean my teeth.” Brax sighed lightly before leaving the room.

Bianca and Liam were laying in the bed together, cuddling close. “Mmm I’m glad we have this back.” Bianca smiled.

“Yeah.” Liam grinned. “I’m so glad Ruby ran into me in that little café in the LA side street.”

“Mmm I’m glad you’re music career flopped.” Bianca grinned before placing a soft kiss on his lips.

“What career?” Liam questioned.

“Exactly.” Bianca laughed. “If you went out there and got big then we wouldn’t be together now, would we?”

“No, I had a sucky job in some café.” Liam sighed. “Running into Ruby made me see what I’ve been missing back home....I don’t think I ever stopped loving you Bianca.” Bianca smiled lightly. “And meeting little Bella, she’s great Bianca. You’ve got one amazing kid there and I’m honoured that she calls me daddy.”

“So you don’t think I’m a skanky slut because I don’t know who her biological dad is?”

“Well that’s a different topic.” Liam laughed lightly as Bianca hit his chest.

“Go back to saying nice things.” Bianca said as Liam laughed lightly as he sat up in the bed and reached into the drawer thinking now was as good a time as ever.

“Bianca...I love you so much. I love the family we have with Bella, and now Ash is going to be a part of that. I want to spend the rest of my life you.” Liam smiled. “Bianca Scott, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?”

Bianca gasped as she looked down at the ring that Liam was displaying to her. “Yes...yes....a thousand times yes.” Bianca squealed as she wrapped her arms around him and kissed his cheek over and over. Liam smiled as he pulled back and placed the ring on her finger.

“I love you Bianca Scott soon to be Murphy.” Liam grinned.

“I love you Liam Murphy soon to be Scott.” Bianca joked as she once again kissed him. The kiss became more passionate before Liam pushed Bianca down onto the bed.

“Ahh mamma mostri mostri.” Bella shouted as she ran into the room.

Liam and Bianca both sighed as they sat up in the bed. “Mostri?” Liam questioned.

“Monsters.” Bianca sighed as Bella climbed up on the bed. “There’s no monsters.” Bianca shook her head as Bella settled herself in bewteen the couple in the bed.

“Si, si.” Bella nodded.

“No.” Bianca shook her head. “Not yes.” Bianca said. “There’s not monsters in this house. The sight of daddy has already scared them away.” Bianca laughed.

“No.” Bella shook her head as she cuddled into her mother. Bianca sighed as she looked up to Liam.

“Goodnight. Love you.” Bianca mouth before she lay down and cuddled in with her daughter to sleep.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone. :wub: Hope this one is okay.

Chapter 82

“Congratulations.” Charlie forced a smiled as she looked down at the ring on Bianca’s finger. The ring that she saw just the day before and mistakenly took to be for her.

“Try and sound pleased for me.” Bianca sighed as she pulled her hand away.

“I am. I really am it’s just...” Charlie trailed off as she sighed. “I saw the ring in Brax’s office and I thought...I thought he...”

“You thought it was for you?” Bianca questioned and Charlie nodded lightly.

“I don’t know what we’re doing.” Charlie shrugged her shoulders. “I want to get married. I’ve hinted several times over the years...I mistakenly thought he was going to propose at least 3 times...I just...we’ve been together for like 5 years now. We have 2 great girls together. I don’t understand why he doesn’t want to get married.”

“You’ve always said he wants to one day?” Bianca questioned.

“Does he?” Charlie exhaled. “He’s said he does but I don’t know anymore.”

“Well you are so much in love and have 3 wonderful kids. You have a lovely family with Brax. Maybe he feels marriage wouldn’t change anything, so why bother?”

“Because he knows how much I want it.” Charlie sighed.

“So maybe you could propose to Brax?” Bianca questioned.

“I dunno...he’s always seemed pretty traditional when it came to things like that, like he should be the one to propose.”

“Well you’ve got kids before marriage.” Bianca stated. “Not so traditional is it? Or well I guess that is more common these days.”

Charlie shook her head. “Maybe you right. If I want to get married maybe I should be the one to propose. I’ve just always wanted someone to propose to me.”

“It is an amazing feeling.” Bianca smiled as she ran her hand around her ring. “But maybe you proposing and hearing him say yes will be great too.”

“And what if he says no?” Charlie questioned.

“There’s only one way to find out.” Bianca smiled before stirring could be heard from upstairs. “Sounds like Bella is awake. I’ll be right back.” Bianca disappeared off up the stairs and returned moments later holding onto her daughter. When Bella saw her godmother she grinned in excitement.

“Chalie.” Bella wriggled in Bianca’s arms. Bianca put her daughter down to the floor and she ran over to her and climbed up onto her knee.

“Hey Bella.” Charlie smiled as she wrapped her arms around the girl and gave her a hug. “How was your nap?”

“No like em.” Bella shook her head.

“Aw would you rather be playing?” Charlie questioned and Bella nodded.

“I bake?” Bella asked as she looked up at Charlie then looked to her mother.

“Sure.” Bianca nodded.

Bella smiled before she looked back up to Charlie. “Where Paige and Wiley?”

“They are with their daddy.” Charlie answered.

“Why?” Bella asked.

“They are having a day where it’s just daddy and them.” Charlie smiled as she stood up and carried Bella over to the kitchen where Bianca had already taken out the Dora explorer cupcake mix.

“Dora.” Bella smiled as Charlie put a little yellow apron over the girl before letting her stand on the chair than Bianca had pulled over for her. Charlie smiled as she helped Bella open the box and pour the mix into a bowl, before adding the egg and milk. Bianca handed Bella a wooden spoon to mix the mixture with but Bella rejected the offer and threw her hands into the mixture laughing as it squelched between her hands.

“Oh where Jacob?” Bella asked as she looked up at Charlie.

“He’s at a friend’s house.” Charlie answered before she looked down to her watch. “Actually I should probably go get him. Said I’d pick him up at 4.” Charlie exhaled lightly before she picked up her bag from the worktop.

“You have fun making those cakes Bella.” Charlie smiled as she placed a kissed on her cheek.

“You stay?” Bella asked as she looked up at Charlie.

“I can’t. I need to go pick up Jacob.” Charlie said. “I’ll see you soon though.” Charlie smiled before she gave Bianca a hug and left to pick up her son.

“Daddy stop it.” Paige giggled as Brax tickled his daughter. “Please daddy stop.”

“Never. You’re stuck with the tickle monster now.” Brax laughed.

“I help you Paige.” Riley shouted as she jumped up onto Brax’s back. “Ahh got you.” Riley laughed.

“No.” Brax shouted as he fell into the sand and Paige jumped up onto his back too and both girls began tickling him. “I surrender girls...I surrender.”

“No.” Paige giggled as she and Riley continued to tickle him.

“Girls.” Brax said. “C’mon stop it now.”

“Go on, listen to daddy.” Charlie said and the girls jumped up and ran to their mother and gave her a hug.

“Charlie.” Brax smiled as he sat up on the sand. “What you doing here.”

“We got cake.” Jacob smiled as he was holding a box in his hands. “A whole one. Chocolate from Leah’s.”

“Thought I’d get a little treat for the kids for after dinner.”

“Nice.” Brax smiled as he stood up.

“Mummy we go on swings.” Paige grinned.

“Ah wow.” Charlie smiled as she looked down at her daughter. “Did you have a good time?”

“The bestest.” Riley answered. “Swings, slide, tractor, monkey baa’s....the park the funest.”

“Good.” Charlie smiled.

“You have fun at Zack’s?” Brax asked as he took the cake box from Jacob.

“Yeah, was good.” Jacob smiled. “He’s got a Wii. They are so much fun.”

“What a Wii?” Riley asked.

“A game consol.” Jacob answered. “It was the best fun to play. Can I get one?”

“How did I know that was coming?” Brax laughed as he looked up at Charlie.

“He’s already asked me 4 times since picking him up.” Charlie laughed.

“And what was your answer?”

“I said I’d think about it.” Charlie answered.

“I want a Wii.” Riley said as she looked up at Charlie. “Me too mummy.”

“We’ll see eh.” Brax said as they began walking off the beach and back in the direction of their house.

“So how was your day?” Brax asked.

“Good.” Charlie smiled. “I did the accounts this morning then went round to Bianca’s. Liam proposed last night.”

“Yeah.” Brax nodded. “Showed me the ring yesterday.”

Charlie nodded lightly before she stopped and looked up at Brax. “Brax are we ever going to -”

“Mummy I need a pee-pee.” Paige said as she pulled on her hand and did a little dance on the spot. Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked down to her daughter.

“We are nearly home sweetie, can you hold it in?” Charlie asked.

“I try.” Paige said. “But we be quick.” Charlie and Brax picked up the pace as they walked home, remaining silent for the rest of the walk, Charlie deciding now wasn’t the best time to have this conversation with the kids being present. She only hoped that one day soon, Brax would take the hint and propose and she could finally become Mrs Braxton. Or perhaps Bianca was right, and maybe Charlie should bite the bullet and ask Brax the question herself.

Brax was giving the girls their bath, and Charlie was clearing up the dinner plates as Jacob came running back into the kitchen. “Mum I need help.” Jacob sighed as he put his worksheet on the table and climbed up onto the seat.

“Jacob Buckton-Rosetta is that homework?” Charlie asked as she looked round at the boy. Jacob nodded shyly. “Do we do homework at 7pm on a Sunday evening?”

“No.” Jacob shook his head. “Friday right after school so it out the way.”

“So why didn’t you tell Mummy you had this when I asked?”

“I forgots.” Jacob sighed. “I did most. I’m just stuck on a little bit.”

“Okay.” Charlie exhaled lightly as she walked across and sat down next to her son. “What are we doing tonight?”

“A family tree.” Jacob smiled as he looked down to the picture of an apple tree that had little boxes for him to fill in his family details. “It’s funny cos it’s a family tree and the picture it on is a tree.”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “So what don’t you know?”

“Well I got me there.” Jacob said as he pointed to himself. And I got my sisters, Ruby, Paige and Riley. I got mummy, that’s you, there.” Jacob exhaled lightly. “But I need your mummy and daddy names for there and there.”

“Okay, well my mum was called Elsie.”

“How you spell that?” Jacob asked.

“E...l...s...i....e.” Charlie spelt it out and Jacob wrote it down.

“Like that?”

“Yeah that’s it.” Charlie smiled. “And my dad was called Ross.”

“Oh I know that one. There is a Ross in my class.” Jacob smiled as he wrote down the name. “And their other name is Buckton too?”

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded as Jacob scribbled it down before scanning his eyes over the father box and sighing heavily.

“Now I really don’t know what to do.” Jacob sighed. “I got two of them.” Jacob pointed to the father box as he looked up at Charlie. “Who do I put?”

“Who do you want to put sweetie?” Charlie asked as Jacob sighed lightly before he shrugged his shoulders.

“Maybe if it’s okay I could put my tummy daddy?” Jacob questioned.

Charlie nodded lightly, slightly surprised at his choice. “If that’s what you want.”

“Yeah. How you write his name.”

“A...n...g...e...l...o.” Once again Charlie spelt it out as Jacob wrote it down. “And he just Rosetta not Buckton-Rosetta?”

“Yup that’s right.” Charlie smiled.

“And his mummy and daddy?”

“Carla and Roberto.” Charlie smiled lightly as she watched her son write down the names. “Okays so I just need to colour the tree.” Jacob smiled as he opened his pencil case and pulled out a green pencil and began to colour in the tree.

“I is all washed.” Riley grinned as she ran back into the kitchen.

“I hate bath time.” Paige sighed as she ran into the room with Brax following.

“Aww look at the both of you all clean and pretty.” Charlie smiled.

The girls giggled before they each took one of Charlie’s hands. “Mummy read us a story.”

“Sure I can.” Charlie smiled as she walked with her girls down to their bedroom.

“You alright there mate?” Brax asked as he looked down to his worksheet.

“Fine.” Jacob scowled up at Brax.

“Oi.” Brax said. “I was only asking.”

“Well you no need too. You not my real daddy.” Jacob shouted before he picked up the worksheet and his pencil case and ran from the room. Brax sighed lightly as he watched the boy walk away. For what he feared might happen when he found out the truth, might now be happening.

Thank you everyone. :wub:

Chapter 83

The kids were all tucked up in their beds asleep. Charlie was sitting on the couch reading over a magazine and Brax was in the kitchen making them a cup of coffee. “So have you thought about Hawaii yet?” Brax asked as he walked over to the couch and handed Charlie her cup before taking a seat next to her.

“It’s sounds lovely.” Charlie smiled as she put the magazine down on the table. “But when exactly where you planning on going? I mean its March, so Jacob holidays from school aren’t for another 4 months.”

“I know.” Brax nodded lightly. “Xavier isn’t off till then either, so it would be July that we would go.”

“And you’d be happy to leave the restaurant for 3 weeks?” Charlie questioned before she took a drink of her coffee.

“Yeah.” Brax nodded. “It would be in good hands with Robert and Liam.”

“And you are sure that Rubes and Xav would want to come?” Charlie questioned.

“Yeah. I’ve talked to them about it already.” Brax nodded. “Ruby’s schedule is pretty much free in July and Xavier gets 3 weeks off from school. I can get a great deal if I book it within the next week, so?”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “A holiday would be great.”

“Good.” Brax grinned. “It might even help Jacob bond with me.”

“What you talking about?” Charlie questioned. “You and Jacob get on great.”

“You know when you told me that you told him about Angelo and that he still said I was his dad, it made me happy but there was a part of me that got worried things would change and before when you went to read the girls a story, I asked him how he was doing with his homework and he said I wasn’t his real daddy and ran away to his room. And I saw....he’d put Angelo down as his dad on the family tree.” Brax said sadly. “I’m scared he is going to...” Brax trailed off as he shook his head.

“Look Brax.” Charlie shook her head as she put the coffee cup down on the coffee table and turned to face him. “He’s 6 years old. He’s just found out you’re not his real dad and he can never know his real dad because he is dead. He’s probably just confused. Give him a few days and he’ll be fine.”

“You’re sure?” Brax questioned.

“I know my son.” Charlie answered. “He said yesterday that you were the best because you taught him to ride a bike and to surf....he loves you Brax, and he thinks of you as his dad. Why would he want to be a Braxton so bad if he didn’t?”

“He really asked to be a Braxton?” Brax questioned and Charlie nodded. “What would you think about that? Changing his name?” Brax asked.

Charlie took a deep breath before she bit her lip. “If we were to get married then I have no problems in changing his name to Braxton. But until then he will remain Buckton-Rosetta.”

“Only if we get married?” Brax asked. “Why only if we get married?”

“Well if I can’t be a Braxton then there’s no way I am going to change my son’s name to Braxton.”

“But you let the girls be Braxton.”

“Because you are their real father.” Charlie sighed.

“So you still really want to get married then?” Brax questioned.

“Yes.” Charlie nodded. “I guess you don’t?”

“I just think we’re fine as we are. What’s a big party going to change?”

“A big party?” Charlie questioned. “That’s all you think a wedding is?”

“Well what else is it?” Brax asked.

“How about a commitment of our love? Showing our friends and the kids how much we mean to each other and that we want to be together forever. The beginning of the rest of our lives together.”

“We have that all without marriage.” Brax sighed. “I love you so much and I always will. I don’t have much faith in marriage and I don’t want to wreck what we have.” Brax shook his head. “I’m sorry but it’s not a big deal for me.”

“What about me?” Charlie asked. “I believe in marriage. I want to stand up in front of my children and my friends and commit to spending the rest of my life with the man I love.”

“But babe we are already committed to each other. We have kids and they are bigger commitment and a bigger symbol of our love that any marriage ever would be.”

“So this here.” Charlie said as she took the promise ring from her finger and held it up in front of Brax’s face. “This was just a lie? I remember when you gave me this, and then again at Ruby and Xavier’s wedding you told me that this meant a proposal would be coming.”

“I thought maybe...maybe you’d be happy enough with that.”

“What the promise of a proposal that would never come? Lovely Brax, just lovely.” Charlie shook her head. “I’d rather you were just honest with me from the start. I told you I didn’t want kids from the start. Didn’t I?”

“Yeah, and what are Paige and Riley?” Brax questioned. “You changed your mind about kids I might change my mind about marriage.”

“I didn’t change my mind.” Charlie shook her head. “I agreed to have a baby with you because I love you and I didn’t want to lose you and I knew it would have gone that way if I didn’t give you a biological child. And don’t get me wrong, I love those little girls more than life itself, but if I didn’t get pregnant, then I’d be fine with just having Ruby and Jacob.”

“So what are you saying? You agreed to have a baby for me so I should go against what I believe and get married just to please you?” Brax questioned.

“I want to get married. It’s important to me and it’s something that I believe in.” Charlie said. “Maybe we just have to face that you’re not the one who is going to be my husband.” Charlie found herself welling up with tears as she spoke the last part.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Brax asked.

“Like you don’t know.” Charlie said as stood up and placed the ring down on the coffee table. “I’m going out.” Charlie said as she walked over to the door.

“Charlie, stay and we can talk this over.” Brax said as he followed her towards the door.

“What’s left to say? I want to get married, and you very clearly never do.” Charlie said before she opened the door and left the house, leaving Brax standing alone in the room.

Charlie was sitting at the bar, nursing a glass of wine. She sighed lightly as she ran her hand gently up and down the stem of the glass. She loved Brax so much, but she also wanted to be married and she didn’t know what to do. “Charlie?” The voice said. “Charlie Buckton?”

Charlie looked around to see the tall dark haired man standing beside her. “R...Ryan?” Charlie questioned.

“Yeah, long time no see.” Ryan smiled. “Is this seat taken?” Charlie shook her head and Ryan sat down next to her.

“Yeah, it’s been what....” Ryan exhaled. “5 years?”

“Yeah, almost.” Charlie smiled lightly. “So...how have you been?”

“Good.” Ryan smiled. “Emma’s made me a Grandfather.” Ryan reached into his wallet and pulled out a photo. “Evie.” Ryan smiled. “She’s almost 6 months now, she’s great.”

“Aww she’s lovely.” Charlie smiled. “So Emma finally settled down did she?”

“Eventually.” Ryan laughed as he put his wallet away. “She did travel for a good couple of years after we broke up, but yeah, she’d settled now, with a great boyfriend and little Evie.”

“Ah that’s good.” Charlie smiled. “So, what about you? How have you been?”

“Oh just working hard.” Ryan laughed. “Had a few girlfriends...one pretty serious one. In fact I was all ready to propose.”

“Oh, what stopped you?” Charlie asked before seeing an uncomfortable look on his face. “I’m sorry that’s none of my business. You don’t need to answer that.”

“It’s fine.” Ryan managed a weak smile. “I caught her in bed with someone else.”

“Oh. I’m sorry.”

“Her loss.” Ryan sighed. “So, how’s the little one? Well I bet he’s not so little anymore. Jake or Jack, wasn’t it?”

“Jacob.” Charlie answered. “He’s good. He’s 6 now. In Year 1 already.”

“Yeah, they grow up fast don’t they?” Ryan said.

“Tell me about it.” Charlie exhaled. “The twins will be 3 next week.”

“The twins?” Ryan questioned.

“Oh sorry, Paige and Riley. My girls, they are total opposites.” Charlie smiled. “Paige is very girly and laid back and Riley is a boisterous tomboy.”

“Ah, so the trouble maker?” Ryan laughed.

“Well that’s one word for her.” Charlie laughed before she took a drink of her wine.

“So have they asked for anything crazy for their birthday?”

“Paige wants a Princess dress-up outfit and a sparkly tiara and fairy wand and Riley wants a bike and a boogie board.”

“Nice.” Ryan smiled. “And are they getting their wishes?”

“Paige is.” Charlie smiled. “And they are both getting a bike but Riley won’t be getting the boogie board. I’m not ready to let her go storming into the water just yet. I made Jacob wait till he was 4 and could swim, so Riley can be the same. They’re both getting lots of Dora the Explorer stuff that they are obsessed with too. Oh and Riley is getting a ladybug dress up outfit. She’s obsessed with them at the moment. Or bugs in general.” Charlie screwed her face up. “Then of course there’s the bouncy castle and ball pool coming for the party so I’m sure that they’ll love that. Sorry, I’m rambling now.”

“No no.” Ryan smiled. “It’s fine.” Charlie smiled lightly before she took the last mouthful of her wine. “Can I get you another?” Ryan asked. Charlie exhaled lightly before she bit her lip. She knew she should probably say no and walk away from the situation but something in the back of her mind was stopping her.

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “Thanks.”

Ryan ordered them a round of drinks and paid the barman. “Thanks.” Ryan smiled before handing Charlie the glass.

“Thank you.” Charlie smiled before she took a drink and stared deeply into his dark brown eyes.

“So.” Ryan said causing Charlie to move her gaze. “We spoke about my failed love life. What about yours?”

“What about mines?” Charlie questioned.

“Well are you married?”

“Married.” Charlie repeated before shaking her head. “No, not married.” Charlie said. Ryan smiled before they clinked their glasses together and took a drink. Well she wasn’t exactly lying, was she? He’d asked her if she was married, not if she was in a relationship, and married was something that Charlie most certainly was not.

Thank you Spotd1, pembie, CharlieAndBraxLover, Sarah, beebee, mizziette, RoRo90, JosieTash, Zetti and Dingo x for commenting. :wub:

Chapter 84

“Where the hell have you been?” Brax asked as Charlie walked back into their bedroom.

“Just out.” Charlie said.

“Out, that’s all I’m getting?” Brax sighed as he took his shirt off, getting himself ready from bed.

“I went to Yabbie Creek.” Charlie sighed. “I had a couple of drinks in a bar, and then I came home.”

“Why did you go out to drink?” Brax asked.

“Because I wanted a drink and in case you haven’t noticed we don’t have alcohol in this house anymore thanks to you.” Charlie spat and Brax sighed lightly before he shook his head.

“You could have answered your phone.” Brax sighed. Charlie pointed to the bedside table where her phone was sitting. “Oh....you should have taken your phone. What if something happened to one of the kids and I couldn’t get in touch with you?”

“Ah don’t start guilt tripping me Brax.” Charlie shook her head. “I’m not going to apologise for wanting to go out and have a drink. It’s not like I do it every night is it? It’s not like I’m getting a problem. This was the first time in months that I’ve gone out.”

“So, you just sat at the bar yourself?” Brax questioned.

“Yes.” Charlie nodded. “I did.” She knew telling him about Ryan would only cause more trouble, and it’s not as if anything happened, they just talked that’s all.

“Charlie -”

“Mummy.” Paige cried as she ran into the bedroom. Charlie turned around as her daughter ran into her arms.

“What are these tears for?” Charlie asked as she wiped them from her daughters face.

“I scared.” Paige whimpered.

“Scared of what?” Charlie asked as she moved her soft brown locks from her face.

“It so dark.” Paige said. “And that wind is loud.”

“You don’t need to be scared of the wind.” Charlie said softly.

“Uh-huh.” Paige nodded. “It so loud.”

“You know it can’t hurt you.” Charlie said.

“Hey Paige, how about we get some warm chocolate milk then daddy will take you back to bed?”

“No.” Paige cuddled into Charlie. “I stay with mummy.”

“You want to stay in mummy’s bed tonight?” Charlie questioned and Paige nodded. “Okay, well just for tonight.” Charlie said as she walked over to the bed and put Paige down. Paige crawled to the top and slid herself under the covers before looking back at Charlie.

“You come now?” Paige asked as she patted Charlie’s pillow.

“Yeah, I’m coming too.” Charlie smiled as she opened the drawer and pulled out some pyjamas and made her way out to the bathroom, with Brax following her.

“So that’s it?” Brax questioned. “You’re just going to let Paige be in the room so we can’t talk anymore?

“I was under the impression we were finished talking.” Charlie sighed as she began to get changed into her pyjamas.

“What makes you think that?” Brax asked.

“Well you can’t get mad at me for going out and having a drink. I do a lot in the house and the majority of the child care. I think I’m entitled to a break.”

“And I do nothing eh. I just bring home the majority of the money, but hey that’s nothing.”

“I didn’t say you did nothing and I’m grateful for what you do.” Charlie said. “But it doesn’t mean what I do is any less. I work hard Brax and I wanted to go out.”

“Okay, well fine.” Brax sighed. “I wish you would have just told me where you were going, that’s all.”

“Oh right enough.” Charlie exhaled. “Since I am spending your money, I’ll give you an account of everything I do from now on shall I?”

“Charlie, you’re just being stupid now.” Brax sighed and Charlie shrugged her shoulders as she grabbed her tooth brush and put some toothpaste onto it before she began to clean her teeth. “So I guess you don’t want to continue the conversation on marriage either?” Brax questioned after a few moments silence.

“What’s left to say?” Charlie asked as she spat into the sink before putting her toothbrush back into the holder. “I can’t exactly gag you and force you down the aisle so I guess you get your way there.” Charlie sighed. “Congratulations. We’re never getting married.” Charlie said as she walked out of the bathroom and down the hall and got into the bed next to her daughter.

“Mummy.” Paige smiled as she wrapped her arms around her neck. “It still so loud.”

“Shhh.” Charlie said as she wrapped her arms around her daughter and placed a soft kiss on her head. “It’s okay, you just go to sleep.” Charlie whispered as Paige buried her head into Charlie’s shoulder. Charlie sniffed back as she kept a hold of her daughter as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Charlie was leaning against her car as she waited outside the school for Jacob to come out. “Mummy.” Jacob smiled as he ran over to her and gave her a hug.

“Hey sweetie, how was school today?”

“It was okay.” Jacob sighed. “I’m glad it finished for the day though.”

Charlie smiled lightly as she opened the car door and Jacob jumped in and sat in the middle, between his sleeping sisters. “Let’s get home then hmm.” Charlie smiled as she closed the door and walked around to the front of the car.

“Mummy.” Jacob asked as Charlie got into the car.

“Yeah?” Charlie questioned as she pulled away from the school and began the drive home.

“Well I drawed a picture in class today for my tummy daddy.” Jacob said shyly. “And I wanted to give him it.”

“Oh.” Charlie nodded lightly as she bit her lip. “Sure, how about later on we go up to graveyard and I’ll show you his grave and you can leave the picture there.”

“We not go now?” Jacob asked.

“What about the girls?” Charlie asked.

“They’re asleep so it’s fine.” Jacob said. “We just leave them for a minute in the car.”

“Sure.” Charlie smiled lightly. From what she could remember, Angelo’s grave wasn’t far from the car track anyways. She drove to the graveyard and along the road until she found the spot where Angelo’s grave was. It had been over six years since Charlie stood there at his funeral, six years since she’d been to his grave, but she could still remember where he was. “Ready?” Charlie asked as she looked around in the car to Jacob. Jacob nodded before he opened his school bag and took out the picture he’d drew for him before jumping out the car. He took Charlie’s hand as he walked down the row and Charlie stopped at the 6th headstone along. She stood behind Jacob and placed her hands on his shoulders.

“What do I say?” Jacob asked as he looked up to Charlie.

“Anything you want.” Charlie smiled.

“And he will listen?” Jacob asked.

“He sure will.” Charlie smiled before Jacob knelt down and placed the drawing down in front of the grave.

“Hi tummy daddy.” Jacob smiled. “I’m Jacob. Mummy said you went up to heaven when I was a baby so I no remember you but I have the best daddy now at home so you don’t have to worry. He showed me to ride my bike and to surf. I love to surf, it’s the best and me and daddy have lots of fun when we go to surf. I think mummy is scared when I go but I’ll be fine. Is this okay mummy?” Jacob asked he looked up to her.

“Yeah, it’s good.” Charlie smiled as she wiped a tear from her eye at seeing her son speaking to Angelo.

Jacob smiled before he looked back around at the grave. “I think that’s all I want to say.” Jacob sighed.

“That’s fine if you can’t think of any more.” Charlie said.

“Well....you said he had a mum and dad called Carla and Roberto.” Jacob said as he looked back at Charlie. “Is they dead too like your mum and dad?”

“No.” Charlie shook her head.

“Well why don’t they see me?” Jacob asked. “Do they not want to?

“Aww sweetie I’m sure they would love to, but they live really far away so they can’t visit.”

“Why?” Jacob asked.

“Because they are very busy with work.”

“Oh.” Jacob said sadly. “I have none grandparents.”

“No.” Charlie shook her head. Even though Brax had started to reconcile with his mother after Casey’s death, they soon drifted again, Cheryl saying a little drink wouldn’t hurt and Brax wanting to remain sober being the main cause, she was a bad influence and Brax didn’t need that. “But you have me, and daddy and Rubes, Paige and Riley, Xavier, Auntie Bee-Bee, Liam, Leah, Miles, Irene, Colleen....you have lots of people who love you.”

“Yeah.” Jacob smiled. “I guess I do. Can we go get some ice-cream?”

“Sure.” Charlie smiled. “Let’s go.” Jacob walked forward and took his mother’s hand and the pair walked back to car.

Thanks everyone. :wub:

It will get better. I promise...

:wink:

Chapter 85

“Hey, I’m home.” Brax said as he walked into the house. Charlie looked up at him briefly before looking back towards the TV. “I guess the kids are in bed?”

“No. Jacob went to a nightclub and Riley and Paige decided to go see a late movie.”

“Charlie.” Brax sighed.

“Well it’s almost 10pm.” Charlie sighed. “Of course they are in bed.” Brax shook his head lightly as he took a seat on the couch. “What are you doing home anyways? You’re normally later than this.”

“Left Liam to close up tonight.” Brax said. “Said if I could I’d like to get home a bit earlier.”

“Don’t you think Liam should be the one going home early just now?” Charlie asked. “He’s got Ash at home who’s just lost his mother.”

“Yeah and we need to talk, Charlie.” Brax sighed.

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “We don’t. You don’t ever want to get married and I do. We both have different opinions on the matter and I don’t see how we are going to solve it. Or well...you get your way at least.” Charlie sighed. “I guess this makes one of us happy.”

“Charlie I love you so much and if marriage is something I have to do to keep you...then I guess...let’s do it.”

“Was that a proposal?” Charlie questioned. “How romantic. If, I guess...” Charlie shook her head. “I don’t want to stand up there on my wedding day and marry someone when I know that their hearts not in it.” Charlie sniffed back. “Look, Brax, I’m upset that you don’t want this, but it’s not worth breaking up over. If I have to, I can live without marriage because it sure would beat living without you.”

Brax smiled lightly as he moved closer to Charlie. “That’s nice, but....you just if I have to.”

“So?”

“So you weren’t happy with me using if.” Brax shook his head. “I don’t think I like it from you either, and Charlie, it’s not fair that you don’t get what you want.”

“Well I don’t see any other way around it Brax.” Charlie sighed. “What else can we do?”

“I eh...I don’t know.” Brax shook his head. “Let’s just...let’s just wait and see what happens, who knows maybe in the future I might -”

“No, don’t say it.” Charlie shook her head. “Don’t say maybe you will change your mind because it’s not something I want to hear. That’s what you said that ring there meant.” Charlie said as she pointed down to the ring to that was still sitting on the coffee table from the night before. “And it clearly didn’t mean that.” Charlie shook her head. “So, maybe we just agree that marriage is topic that we’re not allowed to talk about anymore?”

“Sure, if that’s what you want.” Brax said.

“Well, no.” Charlie shook her head. “But I love you and the kids and we have a pretty great life.” Charlie smiled lightly. “I can accept that this is all I’ll get.”

Brax smiled lightly. He knew Charlie was really upset about this, but could see she didn’t want to talk about it anymore. “So eh... can I get you a coffee or tea or anything?”

“Eh...hot chocolate would be nice.” Charlie smiled lightly as Brax got up and walked towards the kitchen and it was then when he noticed the drawing on the kitchen table.

“What’s this?” Brax asked as he picked it up to see a drawing that was supposed to resemble a boy on a surfboard riding a wave, and a man standing in the water watching.

“Oh, it’s from Jacob.” Charlie said. “He drew it for you in school today.” Brax smiled as he noticed the ‘love you daddy’ written across the bottom of the picture he walked over to the fridge and picked up a fridge magnet and put the drawing onto the fridge. “He wanted to give you it himself, but obviously he’s long been in bed, but I told him I’d make sure you’d get it.”

“Guess he got over yesterday’s little ‘You’re not my real daddy’ episode.” Brax smiled as he took the jar of hot chocolate from the cupboard and put some into the mugs.

“I told you he would.” Charlie said. “He just needed a little bit of time. And, he wanted to go and see Angelo’s grave so -”

“You took him to his grave?” Brax questioned. “So, is that what this picture is from? After he visited Angelo?”

“No, I told you, he drew that in school.” Charlie sighed. “Look you’ve always encouraged the idea of him knowing about Angelo one day so I don’t get what this is.” Charlie stood up from the couch as she spoke.

“I know.” Brax sighed as he stood and waited for the kettle to boil. “I guess I just didn’t expect him to find out so soon.”

“Well he has.” Charlie answered. “But you don’t have to worry. I’m sure you two will be just fine.” Charlie said as the kettle boiled and Brax poured the water into the mugs before stirring. Charlie stepped forward and took one of the mugs before making her way out of the room.

“Where you going?” Brax asked.

“Bed.” Charlie replied as she walked out of sight. Brax sighed lightly before walking back over to the couch and sitting down. He leaned forward and picked up the promise ring and held it in his hand. He stared down at it as he thought about what he said it represented and he had made a promise to her, one that he knew he should never have broken.

Charlie and the girls were in Yabbie Creek, doing some last minute shopping for their birthday party the next day. “Look mummy, mummy look look.” Riley said excitedly as she held her hand up towards her.

“How did you get that?” Charlie asked as she looked down at the ladybug that was sitting on Riley’s finger.

“It just landed there.” Riley replied.

“Ohh I want one.” Paige said excitedly as she looked up at her mother.

“I can’t get you one sweetie.” Charlie shook her head.

“Why?” Paige asked.

“I will keep it as a pet.” Riley smiled. “Lady the ladybug.”

“I want one.” Paige said, getting more frustrated.

“Paige I can’t get you one.” Charlie said. “Riley you can’t keep the ladybug.”

“But it mines.” Riley sighed.

“I want one.” Paige jumped up and down on the spot in frustration. Charlie exhaled lightly before she blew softly on Riley’s hand and the ladybug flew away.

“Mummy.” Riley said as she welled up with tears. “That my pet.”

Paige giggled at her sister. “I no have it you can’t.”

“Are these two giving you trouble?” The voice said and Charlie turned around to see Ryan standing next to her.

“Hi. Eh...hi.” Charlie said.

“Hi.” Ryan laughed.

“I’s Riley.” Riley said as she looked up to Ryan. “My mummy killed my pet.”

“Riley. I didn’t kill it. I just helped it fly away.” Charlie said. “You can’t have a pet ladybug.”

“But I like em.” Riley sighed.

“You know she is right.” Ryan nodded. “They make awful pets.”

“You know?” Paige questioned.

“Oh yeah.” Ryan nodded.

“What a good one?” Riley asked.

“Eh....a puppy, or a rabbit or -”

“A puppy.” Paige’s eyes widened. “We get one.”

“Sorry.” Ryan said as he looked up at Charlie. “I might have just made that worse.”

“It’s okay.” Charlie said. “It’s not the first time and I’m sure it won’t be the last time they ask for a puppy.”

“Who is you?” Riley asked as she looked up at him.

“I’m R -”

“He’s an old friend of mummy’s.” Charlie said. “But we need to go and get the balloons and something for Bella and Ash’s party bags, so say goodbye to the man.”

“Bye.” Paige and Riley chorused as they waved.

“Oh, eh bye girls.” Ryan smiled as Paige started to run circles around Charlie.

“Oh wait Mr.” Riley smiled. “It my 3 day tomorrow.”

“Your 3rd birthday.” Charlie said and Riley nodded.

“Yes, my 3 day.” Riley sighed.

“Eh, so maybe we could catch up again sometime?” Ryan questioned.

“Eh, no.” Charlie shook her head. “Sorry I don’t think it would be a good idea.”

“Oh well.” Ryan sighed lightly. “Well maybe see you around.” Ryan said before he walked away.

“Right you.” Charlie said as she lifted Paige up into her arms. “What you doing?”

“Just walking round.” Paige answered and Charlie laughed lightly before she took Riley’s hand in hers and continued to walk down the street to get stuff for the party.

Thanks beebee, pembie, RoRo90, Spotd1, Sarah, JosieTash, Samantha1, Red Ranger 1 and Zetti. Hope this one is okay. :unsure:

Chapter 86

Charlie sat and watched as Paige, Riley and Bella jumped on the bouncy castle, and as Liam, Brax and Jacob were kicking the soccer ball around the garden. Ash was sitting on the grass watching the boys playing soccer but not joining in. “I wish he would open up.” Bianca sighed. “It’s been so hard.”

“Yeah, I bet.” Charlie answered. “He’ll just need time. Or maybe you could take him to a counsellor. It might help him understand more.”

“That’s not a bad idea.” Bianca exhaled. “I’ll talk to Liam about it later.”

“Yeah.”

“So, are you going to talk about it?” Bianca questioned.

“About what?” Charlie asked.

“Whatever is going on with you and Brax?” Bianca answered.

“There’s nothing going on.” Charlie lied before she took a drink of her juice.

“Mmm the tension between you two would tell me otherwise.” Bianca said. “And you’ve took your promise ring off again.” Charlie exhaled lightly as she covered her left hand.

“We’ve been fighting over marriage.” Charlie answered. “He doesn’t ever want it. For the last...almost a week, we’ve been....civil if the kids are around, but if not then we don’t really talk. Well we’d have the occasional shouting match but I guess that’s not really talking is it.”

“Charlie.” Bianca sighed. “You can’t go on like that forever, you need -”

“I know.” Charlie interrupted. “But I’m entitled to be upset am I not?”

“Yeah.” Bianca nodded.

“I mean everyone around me....Rubes just got married, you’ve just got engaged...I just wish that for me, one day, that would have happened too.”

“You know you do have it pretty good.” Bianca said. “The great kids, the boyfriend who would do absolutely anything for you -”

“Except marry me.” Charlie sighed. “But I know you are right. What we have is....it’s great and I guess over time, I’ll get over it.”

“Yeah.” Bianca nodded lightly as Ash walked over to her. “Hey, you okay?” Ash shook his head as he climbed up onto her knee. “What’s wrong?” Ash sighed lightly as he pointed to the bouncy castle. “You want to go jump?” Ash gave a gently nod. “You’re allowed.” Bianca said. Ash looked up at her questioningly and Bianca once again nodded. “Yeah, go jump with Bella, Paige and Riley.” Ash pushed himself off from her knee and ran across the grass and up onto the bouncy castle and started to jump around with Bella and the twins. “Oh my gosh. Liam.” Bianca shouted and Liam looked up to Bianca. She pointed over to the bouncy castle and they both smiled as they watched Ash having fun, for the first time since his mother’s death, almost a month beforehand.

“He’s smiling.” Liam grinned as he watched his son jumping up and down.

“That’s the first time since Chelsea’s death.” Bianca said as she looked back to Charlie.

“Well its a little progress.”

“Yeah.” Bianca smiled. “I just don’t know what he will be like at school on Monday. I don’t know if we are starting him back in too soon.”

“He has to start back at one point.” Charlie said. “Maybe the sooner the better.”

“At least Jacob will be there.” Bianca smiled. “So he’ll know someone.”

“Has he spoken yet?” Charlie asked and Bianca shook her head.

“No. So that’s another reason I’m not so sure he should be going to school just yet.”

“Maybe once he gets back into a routine...you know, school and the likes, he will.”

“I hope so.” Bianca smiled lightly. Charlie looked down to her watch before she stood up.

“I’m just going to get the cake. Can you get the kids around the table?” Charlie asked and Bianca nodded. Charlie gave her a soft smile before she walked back into the house. As she started looking through the drawers for the candles, Brax walked into the kitchen.

“If you are looking for the candles they are up the top there.” Brax said as he opened the cupboard and took them off the top shelf.

“What are they doing up there?” Charlie asked. “We normally leave them in that drawer.”

“Yeah. But remember after Jacob’s last birthday he took to an obsession of lighting them.”

“Oh he did.” Charlie answered.

“Yeah, well to save him setting fire to the house I moved the candles and the matches out of his reach.”

“Ah, I just thought he’d got over the ‘oohh fire’ phase.”

“No.” Brax laughed. “Just couldn’t find the tools he needed.”

“Right, well thanks.” Charlie smiled weakly at him before taking the matches and candles from his hands and sticking 3 candles into the Dora the Explorer cake. Just as she went to strike a match, Brax’s hand went out and stopped her. “Brax, not now.” Charlie said as she looked up to him, knowing what he wanted to talk about.

“Charlie -”

“I’m sorry.” Charlie exhaled lightly. “I’ve been such a bitch to you this past week.”

“It’s not like I didn’t deserve it.” Brax sighed. “I should never have made that promise to you if I didn’t have any intentions of following it through. I should be the one who is sorry. And seeing how important this is to you, babe, I just want to make you happy, and this clearly isn’t making you feel happy.”

“But I don’t want to force you into doing something that you don’t want to do.”

“You’re not going to force me, Charlie.” Brax shook his head. “If you want this, and you clearly clearly do, then it’s what I want too. I just want you to be happy and if us getting married is going to do that for you, then I want to do it.”

Charlie smiled lightly, unsure that Brax only wanting to do this to make Charlie happy was the best reason to get married. “Well let’s just leave it at that for now and not let it get any further in case the conversation turns. I don’t want to argue on the twins 3rd birthday.”

“You mean their three day.” Brax laughed.

“Yes.” Charlie nodded. “Their three day.”

Brax smiled as he tucked Charlie’s hair behind her ear before cupping her cheek with his hand. “I love you so much Charlie.”

“I love you too.” Charlie smiled before Brax leaned in and kissed her lips softly. Charlie smiled into the kiss before wrapping her arms around him.

“Oh God.” Bianca said causing Brax to pull back. “Sorry you go...” Bianca said as she flapped her hands about. Charlie laughed lightly before she rested her head on Brax’s shoulder. “I came to see if you two weren’t killing each other but I see quite the opposite.”

“At least we’ve made-up, sort of.” Charlie smiled before she turned around and lit the candles on the cake. “You two get back outside.” Bianca and Brax walked quickly back outside and took a seat at the table, with Liam, Ash, Jacob, Bella, Riley and Paige, and everyone, bar Ash, sang Happy Birthday as Charlie walked the cake out and put it down on the table in front of the girls. Paige and Riley both blew out the candles before Bella clapped in excitement.

“Buon Compleanno.” Bella clapped.

“Bon com what?” Jacob asked.

“She said Happy Birthday in Italian.” Bianca answered.

“Bella likes to speak Italian.” Liam said. “Confuses everyone except her Mamma.”

“Mamma, ho bisogno di una pipì.”

“Bella.” Bianca sighed. “How many times do I need to tell you. No Italian unless I speak it.”

“No no.” Bella shook her head. “Ho bisogno di una pipì.”

“Come on then.” Bianca said as she stood up and took her daughter to the bathroom.

“Oh my fishes.” Jacob said. “Mummy did you feed them?”

“No.” Charlie shook her head.

Daddy?”

“No, I didnt either mate.” Brax answered as he began to cut the cake up.

“Daddy.” Paige started to cry. “You cut Dora.”

“Yeah. I’m supposed too.” Brax laughed.

“No.” Paige shook her head. “Not Dora.”

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded as Paige walked over to her and she lifted her daughter onto her knee. “We are going to eat the cake.”

“No.” Paige cried. “I no eat Dora.”

Jacob giggled at his sister as he got off the chair. “It’s not real Dora silly. It’s just a cake.”

“No.” Paige shook her head. “I no eat her.”

“Ash you want to come and see my fishes?” Ash nodded lightly as he jumped off the chair and ran into the house behind Jacob. They both climbed up onto the kitchen worktop and Jacob reached for the fish food, before pouring some into the bowl, where the fish immediately swam up and started to eat. “This one is Captain Hook and this one is Captain Jack the second.” Jacob said. “They’re real cool. And this is my pirate ship thats sunken and my treasure chest. I love pirates. Do you like pirates?” Ash shrugged his shoulders as he kept his gaze on the fish. “Why dont you talk?” Jacob asked and once again Ash just looked up at him without saying anything. “We can be the bestest friends.” Jacob smiled. “Like my mummy and you’re...Bee-Bee. They’re the best of friends and we can be too.” Ash sighed lightly as he listened to Jacob. Bianca and Bella came out of the bathroom and Bella ran back outside, but Bianca walked over to the kitchen as she heard Jacob talking. “Is you not talking cos your Mummy is in heaven?” Jacob asked and Ash gave a slight nod of the head. “I know you sad but you gotta talk.” Jacob nodded. “It’s good too talk.” Ash shook his head lightly. “My tummy daddy is in heaven too and I never know him.” Jacob sighed. “But I got the bestest daddy in my daddy Brax and Bianca will be the best mummy too you because she is good.” Jacob said and Bianca smiled as she stood and listened to Jacob. “After my mummy she is best lady to me so I know she will be best to you.”

Bianca smiled lightly before she walked into view of the boys. “You boys going to go get some cake?” Bianca questioned and Jacob nodded before he jump down from the worktop and ran out of the house. “You okay there Ash?” Ash nodded lightly as he held his arms out and Bianca walked forward and lifted him into her arms. He looked at her and ran his finger around her face before resting it at the end of her nose. He smiled lightly before he leaned forward and placed a kiss on her cheek.

“I like cake.” Ash smiled. Bianca smiled as she placed a soft kiss on his forehead before she placed him back down on the ground as he ran outside excitedly with Bianca following.

Thanks everyone. Don't like this one at all. :( Hopefully the next one will be a bit better.

Chapter 87

“Me first, me first.” Riley jumped up and down excitedly as she tugged on Ruby’s arm.

“Me me.” Paige shouted as she pulled on her other arm.

“Girls, c’mon, let Ruby get inside.” Charlie pulled the girls back to let Ruby and Xavier into the house.

“Hey.” Ruby smiled as she gave her mother a hug.

“How was Bali?” Charlie questioned as they took a seat on the couch, with Riley claiming Ruby’s knee. Paige sighed lightly as she climbed up onto her mother’s knee.

“It was great.” Ruby grinned. “We went to see these waterfalls, Mum they were beautiful. We went to the waterpark, we went to Turtle Island, we went parasailing....oh it was so great.”

“And that’s when we left the room.” Xavier grinned.

“Xav.” Ruby smacked his leg. “This is my mum we are talking too.”

“Ah c’mon, I know you talk about that stuff.” Xavier said.

“Well my sisters are here and they’ve just turned 3.”

“Yeah, so they aren’t going to know what we are on about.” Xavier replied.

“Oh yeah. It was our 3 day.” Riley smiled. “It was the bestest day.”

“We had a bouncy castle and a big pool of balls.” Paige added.

“And cake. Lots of cake.” Riley grinned.

“No.” Paige shook her head. “They want me to eat Dora.” Paige sighed. “I no eat her.”

“Aww it wasn’t really Dora.” Ruby said. “It would just be her face on the cake.”

“No. It the real her.”

Charlie laughed lightly at her daughter. “And look at Paige’s Princess dress.” Charlie said as she looked down at her daughter who was wearing a lilac dress-up Princess dress.

“Ahh wow.” Ruby smiled. “Did you get that for your birthday?”

“Yeah. This too.” Paige grinned as she showed Ruby her sparkly wand.

“Ah wow.”

“And we got lots of Dora stuff.” Riley grinned. “She the coolest.”

“What else did you get?” Charlie asked.

“Eh....sweeties?” Paige answered.

“Well yeah, but what about your big present from Mummy and Daddy?”

“Oh...oh....oh.” Paige giggled. “We got bikes.”

“Mines is red.” Riley said. “It cool.”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “They’ve got little baskets on the front and little seats on the back for your baby dolls don’t they?”

“Yeah.” Paige nodded. “Mines is pink. The best colour.”

“No no.” Riley shook her head. “Red is betterer ay Xava?”

“Yeah.” Xavier nodded.

“No.” Paige scowled at him. “It not.”

Ruby laughed lightly at her sisters. “So, where are the boys?”

“Jacob is at school and Brax is at the restaurant.” Charlie replied.

“We go see daddy for lunch?” Riley asked and Charlie nodded.

“You know what, yeah we can.” Charlie smiled.

“I wear my ladybug dress-up?” Riley asked and Charlie nodded.

“Sure you can.” Charlie smiled as Riley jumped down onto the floor.

“I come help you.” Paige said as she too jumped to the floor and followed Riley out to their bedroom. “Ruby you come see.” Ruby did as her little sister instructed and followed them out of the room.

“So, you had a good honeymoon then?” Charlie asked and Xavier nodded.

“It was great.” Xavier smiled. “I’m actually surprised the girls haven’t asked about their present yet.” Xavier laughed lightly.

“Me too actually.” Charlie laughed. “I’m sure it’ll come to them soon.”

“Yeah.” Xavier grinned. “So, I was thinking, after this year my uni course is done. Do you think Brax would give me a job?”

“Are you looking to move back to the bay?” Charlie questioned.

Xavier nodded lightly. “As much as I love the city, I love it here so much more. Rubes does too, she really misses you and the kids.”

“But won’t her work keep her away?” Charlie questioned.

“Well, we’ve been talking about that, and Ruby wants to start trying for a baby soon, so she said that after this album tour, she wants to take a break for the band.”

“Wow a baby.” Charlie said. “That’s big.”

“Tell me about it.” Xavier said. “But, I’m also excited to see if it happens.”

“And has Ruby discussed this with the rest of the band?”

“Well to be honest, I was hoping it was just going to be me and her doing the whole baby thing together.”

Charlie laughed lightly. “I’m talking about her leaving.” Charlie said. “You know it’s not just her life she has to consider here. I mean, what would that mean for the rest of the band?”

“Well Matt sometimes sings with her, so maybe he could sing.” Xavier said.

“Well I guess that’s for another discussion.” Charlie sighed lightly. “To go back to your first question, I do think Brax would give you a job, yeah.”

Xavier smiled lightly as the girls ran back into the room with Ruby following. “We go eat now.” Paige danced around in front of Charlie.

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “Let’s go.”

“Pizza time.” Riley grinned as the 5 of them left the house.

It had been a few days since Ruby and Xavier had come home from their honeymoon and they were spending some time in the bay. Xavier, Jacob and Brax were out surfing, and Riley and Paige were over at Bianca’s house playing with Bella, leaving Ruby and Charlie to have some time together.

“So.” Ruby said as they walked along the sidewalk in Yabbie Creek. “Are you going to tell me what’s going on with you and Brax?”

“There’s nothing going on.” Charlie answered.

“Aww c’mon Mum. You two aren’t like your usual self’s.” Ruby sighed. “You’ve been arguing about something.”

“Marriage.” Charlie sighed lightly. “We’ve been arguing about marriage.”

“Oh. What about it?” Ruby asked.

“Well he said he didn’t ever want to get married. Then he said because he saw how much it meant to me to be married, he’d do it to make me happy.”

“So, you are going to get married?” Ruby questioned.

“I want too.” Charlie sighed. “But I don’t want his only reason to be because it’s what I want. I want him to want this too.”

“Makes sense.” Ruby exhaled. “So, what do you think will happen?”

“I don’t know.” Charlie answered. “I guess we will just have to wait and see.”

“Yeah.” Ruby exhaled lightly. “I’m just going to nip in here.” Ruby said. “Use the restroom.”

Charlie nodded lightly as she waited outside for her daughter. It was then when she saw him. “Can’t stop bumping into each other, can we?” Ryan laughed.

“No. It seems not.” Charlie replied.

“Well I think this means we need to go out for a catch up.” Ryan smiled. “What do you think?”

“Eh...no. Like I said a few days ago, I don’t think this would be a good idea.”

“Why?” Ryan asked.

“Look, I might not be married, but I am in a relationship.”

“Oh.” Ryan nodded lightly. “With the twins’ father, I presume?”

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “You remember Brax, right?”

“Brax.” Ryan muttered. “How could I forget the reason we broke up?”

“Sorry.” Charlie said. “But you can see why I can’t be talking to you. You’re my ex, and he’s my current boyfriend, I don’t want him getting the wrong ideas.”

“He doesn’t trust you then?” Ryan asked.

“Of course he trusts me.” Charlie said.

“So a catch up with an old friend wouldn’t hurt would it?”

“Didn’t we do that in the bar last week?” Charlie asked and Ryan nodded lightly.

“A bit, I guess.” Ryan said. “So are you happy with Brax?”

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded.

“Didn’t sound to convincing” Ryan said.

“Well every couple argues.” Charlie replied.

“Oh. So you are having troubles?” Ryan asked.

“That’s not really any of your business.” Charlie sighed.

“Okay, well here.” Ryan said as he handed Charlie a business card. “Call me if you change your mind.” Ryan smiled before he walked away. Charlie exhaled lightly as she placed the card in her pocket, just a Ruby appeared back outside.

“Ready for lunch?” Ruby questioned.

“Sure, where you taking me? I’m assuming this is your treat?” Charlie grinned as she linked arms with her daughter and they continued to walk down the sidewalk.

Thanks everyone. :wub:

Chapter 88

Brax was sitting at the dinner table, holding onto the business card in his hand. Ryan Sullivan....Ryan Sullivan....why did that name ring a bell to him, and why did Charlie have the business card for an advertising firm in her pocket? Ryan Sullivan, Brax read the name once more. ”Her ex.” Brax muttered.

“Three stories before they fell asleep.” Charlie laughed lightly as she walked into view of Brax. “How was Jacob?”

“Just the one. Actually not even one.” Brax answered.

“All that surfing must have tired him out.” Charlie smiled.

“Yeah.” Brax cleared his throat. “So eh...what’s this?” Brax asked as he handed the card to Charlie.

“How did you get that?” Charlie questioned.

“I eh...I was going to do some washing, you know, help you out.” Brax said. “And there it was. In your jeans pocket. So, my question is why do you have the business card of your ex in your pocket?”

“Brax it’s not how it looks.”

“And what’s that?” Brax raised him voice as he stood up. “You’re not sleeping with him, are you?”

“No.” Charlie raised her voice and sounded appalled at Brax’s accusation. “Brax, I would never cheat on you.”

“Well then explain things to me.” Brax shouted.

Charlie pursed her lips together before she nodded lightly. She sat down at the table and Brax sat back down opposite her. “I ran into him last week, when I went out after our argument. We just talked and then I left. I ran into him again a few days ago, and then again this afternoon, but nothing ever happened. I swear Brax. I don’t want to be with anyone else.”

Brax laughed lightly as he ran his hand over the table ledge. “So, you lied to me? How am I supposed to trust that you’re telling me the truth now?”

“I didn’t lie to you Brax, I just knew that telling you would only make things worse and we had enough going on without that on top of it.”

“You lied.” Brax shook his head. “You said you were there on your own. And you know what, you lying about it makes it seem like you wanted more to happen. If it was all honest and just a chat then you would have told me.”

“No, Brax, I didn’t want to make a big thing out of nothing, look I’m sorry.” Charlie said. “I just -”

“Yeah, you didn’t want to make things worse.” Brax spat. “Were you at least tempted to go see him again?” Brax asked. Charlie exhaled lightly as she pursed her lips together, and this silence seemed to give Brax an indication of what her answer would be. “Well look how things are turning out now.” Brax said before he stood up and walked out of the house, slamming the door shut behind him. Charlie rubbed her face with her hands as she sighed. A slight tugging on her top brought her to remove her hands from her face and she looked down to see Riley standing before her.

“I thought I left you sleeping.” Charlie said as she lifted her daughter up onto her knee.

“No.” Riley shook her head. “I’s not tried.”

“But it’s late.” Charlie said.

“No. You still up.” Charlie smiled lightly as she tucked her daughter’s soft brown hair behind her ear.

“Yes, but Mummy’s stay up later than their 3-year-olds.” Charlie said.

“Daddy shouts.” Riley sighed.

“Yeah, it’s okay though.” Charlie smiled lightly. “Mummy made him sad.”

“You make him better?” Riley questioned.

“I will.” Charlie smiled lightly. “Now, what we going to do with you missy? You should be in bed.”

“No.” Riley shook her head. “Not bed.”

“Well what do you want to do?” Charlie asked.

“Eh...my new bike.” Riley smiled.

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “You can’t go on your new bike.”

“Why?”

“Because it’s dark outside.” Charlie said.

“Well I not do it yet.” Riley sighed.

“How about we go out tomorrow and show you and Paige how to ride the bikes?” Charlie said and Riley nodded in excitement.

“Yeah. And daddy?”

“Yeah, of course.” Charlie smiled lightly. “But you need to go to sleep now.”

“Well I try.” Riley sighed. “You take me back?” Charlie nodded lightly as she walked down the hallway with her daughter in her arms. She walked into the girls’ bedroom and looked over to Paige who was sound asleep, one of her legs and arms hanging out over the bed, her covers half off her body. She smiled lightly before she lay Riley down on her bed and tucked her in, just how she liked it.

“There you go, all snug.” Charlie grinned.

“Like a bug in a rug.” Riley giggled as Charlie placed a kiss on her forehead. “Love you mummy.”

“Love you too sweet pea.” Charlie smiled. “Sleep tight.” Charlie smiled before she left the room, and walked back down the hall and into her bedroom, and picked up her phone, and called Brax.

Brax exhaled lightly as he cancelled the call from Charlie and lay his phone back down on the bar. He patted his fingertips against the bar as he waited for him to show up. He looked around at all the drink that was displayed and fought with his demons as hard as he could. It was times like this when he felt he needed a drink most. When things with Charlie got tough, but thinking about how much he could end up losing, how much he would disappoint Charlie and thinking about his kids was enough to stop him reaching for the bottle. He loved his kids more than anything and there was no way he would risk doing anything that would cause him to lose them. “So what made you pick your boyfriends restaurant?” Ryan laughed lightly as he walked into the room. It was then that he noticed Charlie wasn’t present, but instead was met by Brax, who was now standing up at the bar.

“Ryan.” Brax said. Ryan laughed nervously as he looked at the bigger, more muscular man standing before him.

“What’s this?” Ryan asked. “Came to warn me away from your woman?”

“Take a seat.” Brax said as he pointed to the bar stool. “I think me and you need to have a chat.” Ryan did as he was told and sat down on the bar stool. “Can I get you a drink?”

“A beer.” Ryan asked. Brax nodded lightly as he took a bottle out of the fridge and opened it, before laying it down in front of Ryan, and taking a seat at the bar, opposite him.

“So, Ryan.” Brax said. “What you doing sniffing around my partner?”

“Not going to join me in having a drink?” Ryan asked before talking a gulp.

“Nah. Don’t touch the stuff anymore.” Brax said, before realising he probably should have stopped after saying no.

“Ah...an alchy are we.” Ryan laughed.

Brax shook his head lightly. “I don’t like you. You’re too confident....arrogant....what you doing sniffing around Charlie? You know she is in a commitment relationship, right?”

“Well she might be in a relationship....I’m not so sure she is committed.”

“What does that mean?” Brax asked.

“Well she made no secret of the fact you were having troubles.” Ryan grinned before taking another drink. “She didn’t find it too difficult to come back to my place either.”

“You’re lying.” Brax said as anger built up in him.

“Am I?” Ryan asked. “How does it feel to know you’re partner got intimate with another man? To know she kissed me, touched me, made love to me.”

“Enough.” Brax yelled. “I don’t believe you.”

“Why?” Ryan asked. “Because Charlie said nothing happened? Well she’s not exactly going to admit to it, is she?”

“Nah, she wouldn’t cheat.”

“But she did.” Ryan said. “We had sex, and she said she hadn’t felt like that in a long time.” Ryan smirked before once again taking a drink. Brax made a fist with his hand before taking a deep breath. “It was pretty easy to get her into bed too, so these troubles you are having must be pretty big. Now she said she wasn’t married but she seemed upset when she said this. I’m guessing these troubles could be marriage related?”

Brax shook his head as he stood up. “Get out my restaurant.”

Ryan laughed lightly as he stayed seated and took a drink of him beer. “That’s no way to treat your customers. No wonder this place is empty and it’s just gone 8.”

“Out, now.” Brax said.

“So you want to turn away your only paying customer?”

“I don’t want your money.” Brax shook his head. “I want you to leave.”

Ryan laughed before he stood up from the chair. “Tell Charlie a repeat of the other night would definitely be welcome.” Ryan smirked before he walked away to the door. As he got there, he looked back to see Brax looking angry and hurt. He laughed lightly to himself before walking out of the restaurant.

Than you CharlieAndBraxLover, totally, Caroline77, Spotd1, Sazzle, Red Ranger 1, pembie, Sarah and beebee. Just cos I'm feeling generous today! :P

Chapter 89

Charlie had just gone to bed when Brax came home. “Charlie, you awake?” Brax asked as he walked into the room.

“Just.” Charlie yawned as she as she sat back up in the bed. Brax exhaled lightly as he sat down on the end of the bed and looked at Charlie.

“You swear on the lives of the kids that you didn’t sleep with him?”

“Yes.” Charlie sighed lightly. “Brax, I swear I didn’t. I didn’t even kiss him, there was nothing there....all we did was talk.”

“That’s not what he said.” Brax replied.

“You’ve been talking to him?”

“I text him. Said I was you and that I wanted to talk, he didn’t waste any time in getting to the restaurant.”

“What did you want to talk to him for?” Charlie asked.

“To hear his side of things.”

“So you’d believe him over me?” Charlie questioned.

“I don’t want too.” Brax shook his head. “But what am I supposed to believe Charlie? He said you slept together.”

“You’re supposed to believe me.” Charlie said as she felt herself welling up with tears. “I swear that I didn’t sleep with him. I don’t want too. I don’t even want to kiss him.” Charlie said as a tear rolled down her cheek. “All I want is to make things work with you; I wouldn’t go near another man. I just want us to be happy.”

“We were, Charlie.” Brax sighed.

“Were?”

“Until this whole marriage thing.” Brax sighed.

“I guess I just.....I wanted someone to talk too.” Charlie wiped the tears from her face. “Bianca and Rubes...I know that I can talk to them and that they’d be great, but....they know us both and I guess I wanted to talk to someone who didn’t. Who wasn’t as....involved?” Charlie sighed. “I can see now why having this talk with Ryan would be a bad idea, but I just...I wanted a guy’s opinion too.”

“Oh you can see now.” Brax said. “Here’s me thinking you’d gone completely crazy wanting to meet up with an ex again to talk about how your current boyfriend didn’t want to get married.”

“I know it sounds stupid and I’m sorry. I’m sorry Brax.”

“So you were going to call him up and meet him?” Brax questioned.

“I was really considering it. But as I say it wasn’t for the intentions of starting an affair or the likes, I just wanted to talk to someone.”

Brax nodded lightly before he rubbed his forehead. “I believe you, Charlie. I believe that nothing happened and that you don’t want anything to ever happen, but this marriage thing...I...it’s really important to you, isn’t it?”

“I’d like it if it did happen....love it even, but I know that we have it pretty great even if it doesn’t.” Charlie smiled lightly. “And it’s not like our relationship would change much, things would basically be the same as they are now. Maybe ever better.” Charlie said. “You know we’d be newlywed’s....Mr and Mrs....it would be new and exciting.”

“Yeah.” Brax smiled. “And if things get difficult and we need to divorce that’s when it gets messy.”

“Why do you think we would get divorced?” Charlie questioned. “I plan on spending the rest of my life with you, Brax.”

“I know and I plan on spending the rest of my life with you, but marriage.....” Brax shook his head. “The thought of it scared me, Charlie. I mean I don’t know anyone who’s marriage has lasted till ‘death do us part’.” Brax sighed.

“So that doesn’t mean it won’t happen for us.” Charlie said. “When I make those vows I plan on keeping them until death parts us. Look, I know that you are scared and to tell the truth it scares me a bit too, but I just see many more positives.”

“I know you do.” Brax smiled. “And I trust you Charlie, and if you can believe that marriage can only be a good thing, then, I can see it too, so Charlie, will you accept my proposal, that one day....maybe soon, I’ll propose?” Charlie smiled lightly as Brax moved forward and got down on one knee. He pulled her promise ring out of his pocket – that he had put there upon his arrival back at the house – and held it up in front of Charlie.

“Yes.” Charlie smiled. “I’ll accept your proposal to propose.” Brax smiled as he put the ring back on her finger before they met in a passionate kiss.

“How you do it? How you do it?” Riley jumped up and down excitedly as she climbed up onto her bike.

“What thoses?” Paige asked as she pointed to the training wheels on her bike.

“They are training wheels.” Brax answered. “They will help you out for a bit.”

“Oh.” Paige smiled as she put her baby doll in the back and strapped her in. “Miss Prettyful is safe.” Paige smiled before she too jumped up on her bike.

“I no want 'em.” Riley shook her head as she got off her bike. “Daddy take ‘em off.”

“You need them sweetie.” Charlie said as she ran her hand through her daughters hair.

“No. Jacob not.” Riley shook her head.

“He did when he was your age.” Charlie answered and Riley shook her head.

“I no want ‘em.” Riley said. “Daddy.” Riley looked up at Brax and fluttered her eye lashes. “I no need ‘em.”

“We could always try her without them.” Brax said as he looked up at Charlie.

“But she is my baby.” Charlie said.

“I’ll help her.” Brax said. “I won’t let go till I think she is ready.”

“But she is my baby.” Charlie said again.

“No’s I not a baby.” Riley shook her head. “Paige is.”

“No’s I not.” Paige raised her voice as she jumped of her bike and ran over to Riley. “You youngerist.”

“No no.” Riley shook her head. “We the same.”

“Uh-huh.” Paige nodded. “I twenty two olders than you ay mummy.”

“22 minutes, yeah.” Charlie nodded. Paige stuck her tongue out at Riley who stuck hers right back out at her.

“Okay, girls, let’s get on the bikes yeah?” Brax asked.

“No.” Riley shook her head. “You take ‘em wheels off first.”

“I want thems wheels.” Paige nodded as she climbed up onto the seat. “What I do now.”

“Put this on.” Charlie said as she put the helmet on her daughter before she clipped it shut. “Ready.” Charlie said.

Paige shook her head. “I no no what to do.”

“Put your feet on here.” Brax said as he pointed to the pedals. “Then move your legs like this.” Brax smiled at his daughter as he moved her leg around in a cycling motion.

“I try it.” Paige smiled as she put her hands on the handle bars and began to cycle along the path. “I do it.” Paige giggled as she cycled her bike.

“Aww good job baby.” Charlie shouted as she smiled at her little girl riding her bike.

“Daddy.” Riley shouted. “You take ‘em wheels away.” Brax looked up to Charlie who shrugged her shoulders lightly before she exhaled.

“Don’t let go of that bike until you are sure she has balance.” Charlie said and Brax nodded lightly before running to the garage to get his tools to take the training wheels off.

“Paige turn around.” Charlie shouted and Paige tentatively turned the bike and came riding back up towards her mother.

“You see.” Paige said excitedly as she jumped off the bike and into her mother’s arm.

“I did.” Charlie grinned as she wrapped her arms around her daughter. “You did good baby.” Charlie smiled as she watched Brax take the training wheels off Riley’s bike. She took a deep breath as Riley climbed onto her bike, a big smile of her face.

Brax put her helmet on for her. “Right, you ready?”

“Yeah.” Riley nodded.

“Brax.” Charlie raised her voice. “Hold her steady.”

“She’s fine.” Brax sighed as he held onto the back of the bike and started running behind Riley as she peddled down the path. “Go on sweetie, you’re doing good.” Brax smiled as he let go of the bike. Riley managed a few more metres before she came crashing down.

“Baby.” Charlie shouted as she ran forward and picked up her daughter.

Riley giggled as Charlie wiped the dust from her daughter’s shorts. “I’s okay.” Riley said. “I try again.” Riley climbed back up onto her bike and Brax walked forward and put his hand on the back of the bike and once again ran behind Riley as she peddled. When he felt certain she was balanced he let go and Riley continued down the path, riding her bike without support.

“Go on baby.” Brax shouted. “You doing it.”

“Aww my baby.” Charlie sighed as Brax walked back over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“They were bound to grow up babe.” Brax smiled.

“I know, but, no training wheels at all....it’s too fast.”

“I go again?” Paige asked as he looked up at her mother.

“Sure sweetie.” Charlie smiled as Paige jumped back onto her bike and made her way down the path, as Riley was making her way back up towards her parents.

“Look at our girls eh.” Brax grinned as he placed a kiss on the top of Charlie’s head. The pair stood and watched as their daughters cycled around in front of them.

“I hate how fast they are growing up.” Charlie sighed as she nestled her head into Brax’s chest.

“Me too.” Brax said. “But at least now they get to be in our wedding.” Brax smiled as he once again placed a kiss on Charlie’s head.

“Yeah.” Charlie grinned. “We might have trouble getting Riley in a dress again. You know I had to bribe her with cake for Ruby’s wedding?”

“Yeah.” Brax laughed. “But I’m sure I’ll get her in a dress.”

“Oh yeah and how do you plan on doing that?” Charlie questioned as she looked up to Brax.

“Well that’s just daddy’s little secret.” Brax grinned before he placed a kiss on Charlie’s lips.

Sarah, Dingo x, CharlieAndBraxLover, Spotd1, Red Ranger 1, JosieTash, Zoe, llywela, Jen1205, beebee, Caroline77 and JoJo1602 thank you so much for commenting and for your continued support of this story. I’m thinking of wrapping the story up soon, although I do have some idea’s if people would like it to be continued on for longer? It’s been going on a while now so maybe you are getting bored of it? Let me know what you think!

Chapter 90

“So the girls are napping, Jacob doesn’t need picked up from school for another couple of hours...” Brax grinned as he wrapped his arms around Charlie’s waist and placed a kiss on her neck.

“You need to go to work; I need to do some housework...” Charlie sighed as she turned around to face Brax.

“Nah, I was thinking of taking a sick day.” Brax said. “Robert can handle things fine.”

“You’re sick are you?” Charlie questioned and Brax nodded.

“I think I might need a nurse to come check me out.”

“Well give me a second, I’ll go call Colleen. She’ll bring you around a casserole.”

“Don’t ruin my image with the thought of Colleen.” Brax said as he poked Charlie’s side lightly, causing her to let out a giggle and move to the side.

“And what image would that be?” Charlie questioned.

“You in a nurses outfit.” Brax grinned before he raised his eyebrows.

“You’re imagining me in scrubs?” Charlie laughed.

“You know I’m not.” Brax said. “A sexy nurses outfit.” Brax smiled as he ran his hands up and down her back.

“Oh a sexy nurse?” Charlie pursed her lips together.

“A very sexy nurse.” Brax grinned before he placed a soft kiss on Charlie’s lips. Charlie smiled into the kiss, as it got deeper and more passionate.

“Mmm.” Charlie moaned as Brax pulled her towards the direction of their bedroom. “Not sure this is the best thing to be doing if you are sick.” Charlie teased as she pulled back and looked up at Brax.

“Might be just what I need.” Brax smiled seductively before he kissed Charlie once again. The kiss became more passionate as Charlie worked on the buttons of Brax’s shirt.

“Mummy mummy.” Riley shouted as she ran into the bedroom.

Brax and Charlie both sighed lightly as they pulled back. Brax started to button his shirt up again, as Charlie looked down to their daughter. “What is it sweetie?”

“Naps for babies. No Riley.”

“Ah and daddy said he left you sleeping.” Charlie sighed.

“No.” Riley giggled. “I pretended. I no want to nap.”

“Hasn’t all that time out on your bike made you tired?” Brax asked.

“No. I could go out all the day.” Riley answered.

“I don’t know.” Brax shook his head. “I think you should try to get some sleep.”

“Brax, she doesn’t want too. She’s not tired, we can’t force her.”

“But we were about to have some adult fun.” Brax muttered. Charlie laughed lightly before she bit her lip.

“I sure that can wait till tonight.” Charlie said. “Okay Riley, you don’t have to have a nap. Do you want to help mummy with the laundry?”

“No.” Riley shook her head. “That boring. I go on bike.”

“Okay.” Charlie nodded. “You and daddy can go play outside again and mummy will do the housework all by herself.” Charlie sighed lightly as she pulled a sad face.

“Okay.” Riley smiled as she took Brax’s hand. “Let’s go daddy.” Brax laughed lightly before he left the house with his daughter.

“Hey.” Ruby smiled as she came back into the house.

“Hey Ruby.” The girls said as they were drawing pictures from the dinner table.

“Ruby look.” Riley sighed as she pointed down to her knee.

“Aww Riley what did you do?”

“I fell off the tree.” Riley answered before sighing.

“What you doing climbing trees?” Ruby laughed.

“Me and Jacob and Ash playing pirates.” Riley answered.

“So you fell out the tree because you were playing pirates?” Ruby questioned feeling confused.

“Well it how you play.” Riley answered as if Ruby had said something stupid.

“Oh sorry.”

“She cut her knee.” Paige said as she touched the scab.

“Ouch.” Riley screamed as she hit her sister.

“Riley.” Charlie said. “You don’t hit.”

“She touched my sore bit.” Riley answered.

“Paige, you don’t do that either okay.”

“Yes mummy.” Paige sighed as she continued to colour her picture. “Ruby we ride the bikes today.”

“Ah did you.” Ruby smiled.

“I no trainy wheels.” Riley grinned, proud of her accomplishments.

“Aww wow.” Ruby smiled. “That’s great Riles.”

“Yeah.” Paigey has ‘em though.” Riley giggled.

“They’s good.” Paige argued. “They help ay mummy.”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “Can you take all your stuff back to your room and then go tell Jacob and Ash that dinner is ready.” The girls nodded as they collected their crayons and paper up before jumping off the seats and running out of the room. “So, how was April’s?”

“Yeah, good.” Ruby smiled. April and Dex had recently moved into an apartment together and Ruby was around helping them move their stuff in. “Could have done with Xav there too, you know to help move some of the heavier things, but we managed.”

“Where is Xavier?” Charlie questioned.

“He went to some car show thing with John.” Ruby answered as she opened the fridge door and took out a bottle of juice.

“Ah.” Charlie nodded.

“Yeah, but like I said we got most of the stuff moved into the place. I think Liam was going to go around tomorrow and help with the heavier things.”

“Yes, because soon you might not be able to do any heavy lifting eh.” Charlie grinned.

“What?” Ruby questioned.

“Xavier said you were thinking about having a baby, so if that was the case, you wouldn’t be doing any heavy lifting.”

“He told you?” Ruby sighed lightly.

“Was he not supposed to?”

“No.” Ruby exhaled. “I was going to keep it a surprise. You know, just rock up one day and tell you I was pregnant.”

“Well I’ll pretend I didn’t have that conversation with Xavier then.” Charlie replied.

“Haha. You know now.” Ruby said. “So, yeah.” Ruby nodded. “We have the album tour here in Australia from April till June then in July we have Hawaii with you guys, then its baby making time.”

“Wow, as soon as that?” Charlie asked. “You’ve only been married a few weeks. Or I guess it’ll be months by then.”

“I know, but we’ve been together for a while, and it’s a cutie baby.” Ruby gushed.

“I just don’t think I like the idea of you making me and I guess Brax, sort of, grandparents at 38 and 35.”

“You’re only 37.” Ruby answered.

“I’ll be 38 by the time you start trying.” Charlie replied.

“Well you don’t need to be involved then.”

“Oi.” Charlie hit Ruby’s arm. “I’m going spoil that grandbaby rotten.”

“Well don’t complain about being a grandmother in your 30’s then.” Ruby said. “And besides, we are only going to start trying. It might not happen straight away.”

“Well if you are anything like me it will.” Charlie said. “You were obviously just the one time, Jacob wasn’t even planned and I wound up pregnant and the twin’s was our first try.”

“That’s lovely.” Ruby screwed her face up. “Thanks for letting me know about....that.” Charlie laughed lightly as the girls, Jacob and Ash came running into the room and jumped up at the table. “Hey, Ash.” Ruby smiled at the boy.

“Hi.” Ash said very quietly it was barely audible. Charlie dished up the dinner for the kids, before dishing some up from her and Ruby, and they all sat at the table together and began to eat.

“Mummy, daddy no eat with us?” Paige asked before she took a drink of her juice.

“No, he’s at work remember.” Charlie said. After playing outside with Riley for a little longer, Brax eventually went into work.

“Oh yeah.” Paige answered.

“Oh, is Brax going to give Xav a job?” Ruby asked.

“I think he will.” Charlie nodded. “He loves it when Xavier comes in to help and said that’s when he gets the most comments on how great the food was.”

“Great.” Ruby smiled. “So, eh...do you think maybe when we move back here we could live with you and Brax for a while?”

“Why?” Charlie questioned. “It’s not like you can afford your own place.”

“I know, but, you know that piece of land a few miles out of the bay? By Thorns Lake?” Ruby questioned and Charlie nodded. “Well we were thinking of building a house there, obviously we’d need to look into it for permission and such, but if we get the go ahead it would be just until that house is built.”

“Eh...well I guess.”

“I mean there is a place we can rent in Mangrove River, but well it’s Mangrove River.” Ruby screwed her face up.

“Oh yes and a multi-million record selling pop-star like you can’t be seen living in such a place.” Charlie laughed.

“If it’s a problem for us to live here, we’ll rent the place out there.” Ruby sighed. “I just thought it would be nice. You know, I’ve very rarely been home the last few years.”

“I know.” Charlie nodded. “And I’d love to have you here for a bit.” Charlie grinned.

“Yeah? You hear that kids, Ruby is going to move home for a while.”

“Yey.” All three of them cheered and Ruby laughed lightly before she stared to eat her dinner.

Archived