Forever Yours

Guest Danni02

Thank you so much everyone. :D Hope this one is okay.

Chapter 101

Brax yawned as he walked into his bedroom. “Poor kid is still upset that he didn’t get to go see the big house.” Brax said as he started to unbutton his shirt.

“Aww I’m sure he’ll have forgotten all about it by tomorrow.” Charlie said as she got it the bed, and reached for her hand cream.

“Yeah probably.” Brax smiled lightly as he threw his shirt into the laundry bin, before taking off his pants.

“So....Brax.” Charlie said tentatively. “Are we going to talk about last night?”

Brax sighed lightly as he sat down on the bed near to Charlie. “I eh....obviously I got let out, but I do have a court case. I guess I need to be on my best behaviour until then too.”

“Do you know when it is?” Charlie asked.

“Sometime in June.” Brax said.

“June.” Charlie nodded. “And eh... did they say what might happen to you?”

“I could be looking at jail time.” Brax nodded lightly. “But I could just get a fine and community service...I’m not so sure yet.”

“Did they say how much jail time?” Charlie asked. Brax went to talk, but then stopped. “Brax, just tell me.”

“A couple of years.” Brax said quietly.

“Oh.” Charlie took a deep breath as she pursed her lips together. “Wow that’s ehm -”

“C’mon let’s not think about this, yeah? Let’s just enjoy these next few months and we’ll see what happens when it comes to it.”

“What about Hawaii?” Charlie questioned. “We’re supposed to go in July....but June.....you might be in....”

“You should still go. Take the kids, Ruby and Xav....you deserve a nice holiday.”

Charlie shook her head lightly. “Wouldn’t be the same without you.”

“Don’t want to upset the kids now though do we?”

“I’m sure not having their dad will be enough to upset them.”

“Exactly.” Brax said before exhaled lightly. “So if it does come to it...I’d want them and you to go and have a good time. But hey, let’s not think that way. I’ll be there. I’ll be there to take Jake surfing and take Riley out into the ocean, to build the biggest sandcastle with Paige....to have some time alone with you on that first week....we’ll get there babe and we’ll have a great time.”

“I wish I shared your optimism.” Charlie sighed.

Brax smiled lightly as he kissed her softly. “Everything will be alright.” Brax said quietly. “Now, are you sure you are ready for me to go back to work tomorrow?”

“Yes....no....sort of.” Charlie sighed. “Just knowing that he’s not behind bars....but you can’t just stay by my side all the time and I mean I managed without you last night. I’m not sure how much sleep I got...but that could have partly been because Riley and Paige slept in our bed and between Paige’s cold feet and Riley’s constant moving around, I couldn’t get peace.

“Oh they slept with you last night?”

“Yeah....I eh....Riley woke up and then she woke Paige up....I think my idea of having them sleep with me was....I just didn’t want to be alone in that bed.”

“We’ll I’m here tonight.” Brax smiled. “And for the rest of our lives.”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled as she looked up to Brax. He placed her hair behind her ear before he cupped her cheek and smiled down at her. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Brax smiled as he placed a soft kiss on her lips. Charlie smiled into the kiss as it became more passionate. Brax pushed Charlie down on the bed as the kiss never broke. He ran his hand up her leg, before she pulled back and sat up in the bed. “It’s okay.” Brax said. “We don’t have too if you don’t -”

“No, I eh...I wanted too. It’s just....” Charlie trailed off as she pointed to the doorway, were Riley was standing staring at her parents.

“Riley Mae Braxton.” Brax said. “What are you doing up?”

“I no asleepy.” Riley shook her head as she ran across the room and climbed up onto the bed and got under the covers, in-between her parents.

“Oh and what do you think you are doing here?” Charlie asked as she looked down to her daughter.

“I sit wiff you.” Riley answered. “We talk.”

“Talk?” Brax questioned. “What do you want to talk about?”

“Anything.” Riley said.

“Well I think you need to go to sleep.”

“Daddy.” Riley sighed as she shook her head. “I said I no asleepy. You need to listen.”

“Right, I see.” Brax said. “Well mummy and daddy are really sleepy. So we won’t talk to you.”

“Yeah you can.” Riley nodded.

“No.” Charlie faked a yawn. “We are going to sleep.”

“Yup.” Brax nodded as Riley looked from Charlie to Brax. Brax faked a yawn this time before he lay down in the bed. “Goodnight.” Brax said before he closed his eyes.

“Goodnight.” Charlie said as she too lay down in the bed and closed her eyes. Riley sat in-between the two of them and pulled a face.

“Daddy.” Riley sighed as she pulled at his eyelid’s, trying to get him to open his eyes. Brax tried his hardest not to move and Riley soon got tired of trying to get Brax’s attention so she moved onto her mother. “Mummy.” Riley said as she starting welling up. “You no be nice.” Riley said as she pulled on Charlie’s eyelid. Charlie kept her eyes closed tightly and Riley exhaled before she rubbed her own eyes before she yawned. As she looked from Charlie to Brax, she did the only thing she could think of to get her parents attention. She screwed her face up as she felt tears forming in eyes. “I cry now.” Riley said before she burst into tears. Brax and Charlie both sighed lightly as they sat up in the bed. Riley started to giggle as she wiped her face.

“Riley Mae Braxton.” Brax said. “Stop being silly.”

“No.” Riley shook her head. “I no like going to bed.”

“Everyone has to go to bed.” Brax said as he wiped the tears from her face.

“No.” Riley shook her head. “They’ll get me.”

“Who’ll get you?” Charlie asked as she moved her daughter’s hair from her face.

“Them monsters.” Riley sniffed back more tears.

“Sweetie there’s no monsters.” Brax said as he shook his head.

“Yeah.” Riley nodded. “He said.”

“Who said?” Charlie questioned.

“Jacob.” Riley exhaled lightly.

“The little bugger.” Brax shook his head. “Jacob was just being silly. There’s no such thing as monsters.”

“But I sawed them.” Riley sighed. “Ad he told me it was them.”

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “There’s no monsters.”

“There is.” Riley insisted. Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked at Brax. She knew she shouldn’t be allowing Riley to get used to sleeping in their bed, but she was getting tired herself, and knew that Riley needed to get to sleep.

“Okay how about you stay with mummy and daddy tonight and tomorrow we’ll get rid of all the monsters?”

“Uh-huh.” Riley nodded as she got herself comfy in the bed, before closing her eyes to sleep. Charlie exhaled lightly as she gave Brax a smile.

“Tomorrow night.” Charlie mouth and Brax smiled lightly before they both lay down to sleep.

“Hey.” Ruby smiled as she walked in the front door of the house.

“Hey Ruby.” Paige and Riley waved as she walked over to the kitchen table and took a seat.

“How was your walk?” Charlie asked as she poured the apple juice into the girls’ cups.

“Yeah, good.” Riley smiled.

“Ruby, Jacob got trouble in the morning.” Riley nodded.

“What did he do?” Ruby questioned.

“He make me scared.” Riley said.

“He told her there were monsters in her bedroom.”

“Ah so that’s why she’s not been sleeping well these last few weeks.” Ruby said as she took a banana from the fruit bowl and peeled it open.

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “But we are going to get it all sorted today, aren’t we Riley?”

“Yup.” Riley nodded before she took a drink of her juice.

“Hey, girls, can you give me a minute with mummy?” Ruby questioned.

“Why?” Paige asked.

“Because I asked nicely.” Ruby smiled.

Paige and Riley sighed before the jumped down from the table and ran out the room. “I was just about to give them their lunch. What’s this about?”

“You really loved that house, didn’t you?” Ruby questioned.

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “We both did, but, we can’t afford it. They mortgage would just be too much.” Charlie shook her head lightly as she sat down at the table. “But we are thinking about looking at somewhere more in our price range. So, a lot smaller....probably no pool...but we’re near the beach here anyways so I’m sure we’ll all cope.”

“Right.” Ruby nodded lightly. “Well see you’ve done so much for me mum, you know, you bought me a car, you clothed me, fed me, bought me nice things just because....”

“Well of course I have. I’m you mother. I should be doing all those things for you.”

“I know, but, I just want to show you how much I appreciate all you’ve done for me and how much I do love you and you know, that stuff.”

“Rubes, I know all that already.” Charlie said as she pulled a face, feeling slightly confused.

“Well anyways....obviously I make a lot of money now and I wanted to give something back to you, so -”

“No.” Charlie shook her head as Ruby pulled some keys from her pocket.

“Yes.” Ruby nodded as she placed the keys on the table. “They keys to your new house.”

“Ruby Elsie Buckton.” Charlie gasped. “You did not just go out there and spend your money on that house for me and Brax?”

“I did and you deserve it.” Ruby said. “And it was for Jacob, Paige and Riley too.”

“But Ruby it’s your money. You shouldn’t be spending it on me.”

“I bought myself nice things. I’m allowed to treat you too.” Ruby said.

“But it’s too much Rubes.” Charlie sighed. “I can’t accept a house from you. Normal daughters would buy their mother a piece of jewellery or take them away for a spa weekend or treat them to dinner, not buy them a house.”

“Well then I’m not a normal daughter.” Ruby grinned. “Please accept this gift mum. This house, your dream house...it’s yours. No mortgage, no nothing. I’ve bought it. It’s yours. You can use the money you would have to buy a new place for decorating this one.”

“Rubes I -”

“Consider it a wedding present.” Ruby said. “Will you accept it that way?”

“Well I’m not married yet. Not even engaged.” Charlie shook her head.

“Ahh c’mon you know you will though.” Ruby smiled. “So, you’ll accept it?”

“Well, you have bought it now so it would be rude not to right?” Charlie questioned.

“Oh yeah, very.” Ruby nodded. Charlie smiled lightly as she pulled Ruby into a hug.

“Thank you.” Charlie smiled. “Thank you so so much.”

“You’re very welcome.” Ruby said as she hugged her mother.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone. :) And thank you for the birthday wishes, I had a good day. :D

Chapter 102

Charlie ran across the restaurant floor excitedly and jumped into Brax’s arms. “Not that it’s not nice to see you, but what’s this visit for?” Brax smiled as he placed Charlie back down on the floor and looked into her eyes, that were big and sparkling under the light.

“Rubes bought us the house.” Charlie smiled as she gave a little jump of excitement.

“She what?” Brax said sounding surprised.

“She bought the house for us Brax.” Charlie grinned.

“Wow that’s very generous of her.” Brax smiled.

“I know and I was unsure about it at first but she really wants to give something back to me after all I apparently did for her.”

“Apparently?” Brax questioned. “Charlie you’ve been a nice mother to her.”

“Yeah, for 7 years.” Charlie sighed. “Before that she thought I was her sister....I’m still a bit surprised that she wanted to do this for us.”

“Well you must have done something right in those last 7 years.” Brax smiled.

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded as Ruby and the twins walked into the restaurant.

“Daddy.” Riley shouted as she ran over to him and jumped up into his arms. “You working?”

“Yeah.” Brax nodded. “Afraid so.”

“We go get photo’s.” Riley smiled.

“For us pastports.” Paige added as she peaked her head around from where she was standing behind Charlie.

“Hey missy what you doing hiding from daddy?” Brax questioned.

“No.” Paige shook her head. “I just like mummy.” Paige said as she cuddled Charlie’s leg.

“What?” Brax mocked offence. “So you don’t like daddy at all?”

“I love daddy.” Paige grinned. “But I love mummy most.”

“Oh I see.” Brax nodded.

“It okay daddy.” Riley said. “I love you mostest.”

“Right girls instead of playing favourites with mummy and daddy, how about you go into the kitchen and bug Scott for some chocolate.” Brax said as he put Riley back down on the floor.

“Chocolate.” Riley screeched before she ran off in the direction of the kitchen with Paige following her.

“So, Rubes, I eh...wow...thank you so much.” Brax said as he pulled her into a hug.

“You’re welcome.” Ruby smiled as she hugged him back. “I just wanted to give something back to mum.”

“Well this was just...wow. Amazing gift Rubes...but I feel...maybe we could give you some money?” Brax said as Ruby pulled back from the hug.

“No no no.” Ruby shook her head. “This is my gift to you, mum and the kids.”

“Well really Rubes, we can’t thank you enough.” Brax smiled.

“Mummy look.” Paige shouted excitedly as she ran from the kitchen back to over to Charlie. “It white stuff.”

“Oh wow.” Charlie smiled down at her daughter. “Did you say thank you to Scott?”

“Uh-huh.” Paige nodded.

“Me did too.” Riley smiled as she appeared next to Paige with chocolate over her face.

“Good.” Charlie smiled. “Well I think I’ll need to wipe your faces before we go get these passport photos taken hmm girls.”

“No.” Riley giggled as she shook her head.

“Right well anyways, say bye to daddy. We need to get going.”

“Bye daddy.” The girls waved.

“Bye girls.” Brax smiled. “Hey, can you put the open sign up on the door and pull the board out for outside?”

“What did your last slave die of?” Charlie questioned before she laughed lightly. “Of course I can, see you later.” Charlie gave Brax a quick kiss before they all left the restaurant.

Charlie wrapped her hands around the cup of coffee and sighed lightly. “You know it might not happen.” Bianca said as she took a drink of her coffee.

“I know but it just....it scares me.” Charlie said as she pursed her lips together. “I can’t lose him to jail.” Charlie shook her head lightly.

“Look, the guy was protecting you. No jury or judge in their right mind is going to put him in jail for doing that.”

“I’ve been to these cases, Bianca. It doesn’t always go in favour of the good guy.”

“You just have to be positive about this.” Bianca smiled.

“Until the day of the court case I won’t be able to.” Charlie shook her head.

“Do you know when the court case is?” Bianca questioned.

“Eh....yeah he got the call this morning it eh.....it’s the 7th of June.”

“7th of June? That’s your -”

“My birthday.” Charlie nodded lightly.

“Just stay positive.” Bianca smiled as she leaned across the table and rubbed Charlie’s arm. “Do eh...do you know anything about Ryan yet?”

Charlie shook her head lightly. “No, as far as I know he is still out there free.” Charlie sighed. “Do you know what you are going to do about Ryan yet?”

“Me and Liam talked about it. He said if I want to find out I’ll have his support, but I don’t know.” Bianca shook her head before she turned to face the girls who were playing in the living room. “She’s happy. She think’s Liam is her father and I’m happy with that. You know just like Brax and Jacob. Biology doesn’t matter.”

“If it wasn’t Ryan...I mean, if he didn’t try to....would you want to know then?”

“I....” Bianca trailed off before she exhaled lightly. “A part of me would yeah. But like I say, biology doesn’t matter. Bella is happy and that is all that matters.”

“Well I mean...don’t just not be finding out because you think I might have a problem with it or....you know...I mean if you wanted too....it’s okay.”

“Thanks.” Bianca smiled lightly. “But do I really want to know that the father of my child tried to ra....hurt my best friend.”

Charlie smiled lightly at Bianca before Bella came running towards the kitchen, with Paige and Riley following. Mummy I no do it.” Riley shook her head.

“Do what?” Charlie questioned.

“She did.” Paige nodded, and it was then that Charlie noticed she was in fact crying.

“She did what?” Charlie asked as Paige climbed up onto her knee.

Paige sniffed back as she held her hand up and Charlie looked down and noticed she was holding the head of her doll in her hand. “Riley Mae what did you do?”

“I didn’t.” Riley shook her head.

“Si si.” Bella nodded. “I saw.”

“No.” Riley screamed as she clenched her fists in anger. “It not me.”

“Yeah.” Paige cried. “She did mummy.” Charlie sighed lightly as she gently rubbed Paige’s back, before she put her on the floor and walked over to Riley.

“You’re not going to get into trouble if you just tell me the truth about what happened.”

“Eh...it Ruby.” Riley nodded.

“Ruby?” Charlie questioned. “Ruby isn’t here. She is out with Xavier, Gina and John.”

“No.” Riley shook her head. “She came to do it then left.”

“Riley.” Charlie said sternly. “Tell mummy the truth.”

“I’s no mean too.” Riley’s lip started to tremble before tears fell from her eyes. “It an asident.”

Charlie exhaled lightly before she shook her head. “Go say sorry to Paige and give her a hug.” Riley ran across to her sister and gave her a hug. “And you be careful with other people’s toys.”

“Sorry Paige.” Riley said quietly.

“It okay.” Paige sighed before she looked up to her mother. “But my dolly broked.”

“We’ll get you a new dolly.” Charlie said. “Now you go play nicely again.”

“Oh mummy.” Paige said. “I tell Bee-Bee.”

“You tell Bee-Bee what?”

“We got pictures.” Paige smiled. “I’s no smiling.”

Bianca looked to Charlie, confused. “Passport pictures. They both kept smiling though. Took a while to get them to keep a straight face. They couldn’t understand why they couldn’t smile if it was a picture.

“Aww bless them.” Bianca smiled. “But Hawaii, that’s still going on?”

“Well for now.” Charlie smiled lightly. “Brax still wants us to go if he does end up....” Charlie trailed off. “But we’ll see. Like you just said, we need to keep staying positive.”

“Yeah.” Bianca smiled.

“Mamma I need a pee-pee.” Bella said as she jumped up and down on the spot.

“C’mon then.” Bianca said as she took Bella’s hand and left the room.

“Mummy can I get a juice.” Riley asked.

“Oh me too.” Paige said as she stuck her hand up. Charlie walked over to the fridge and pulled out two juice boxes and pierced the straws into them before she gave them to her girls. “Thank you mummy.” The girls said before they ran off out of the room just as there was a knock at the door. Charlie exhaled lightly as she walked across to answer it.

“Hello Charlie.” Ryan smirked as he stood on her porch, a big grin on his face.

Thanks everyone. Hope you like this next one. :D

Chapter 103

Charlie went to close the door in his face, trying not to show any fear or panic to Ryan. “Hold it.” Ryan said. “I just want to talk.” Ryan put his foot in the door, making Charlie unable to close it.

“I have nothing to say to you.” Charlie said.

“Well listen to me then.” Ryan raised his voice as he reached forward and grabbed Charlie’s arm and pulled her out of the house.

“Get off me.” Charlie shouted as she pulled away.

“I just want to talk.” Ryan said.

“I don’t care what you have to say. I just want you to leave me alone.”

“Charlie please just let me explain. I can’t go to jail. I have Emma and little Evie. Please, just drop the charges.”

“Will you drop the ones against Brax?” Charlie questioned as she stepped further back, lengthening the gap between her and Ryan.

“No.” Ryan laughed. “He assaulted me. He’s going to pay for it.”

“And don’t you think you should pay for what you tried to do?”

“Please. Emma can’t know what I’ve done. She’ll stop me from seeing Evie, she’ll be disgusted in me. Please, for Emma and Evie. Don’t do this to my daughter and grandbaby.”

“Yeah and what about Brax? He has 3 young kids too.” Charlie raised her voice. “You have no chance in me dropping any charges against you, if you’re not going to drop the charges against Brax.”

“Hey Charlie, Bella still managed to have a bit of an accident. Can she wear something of the girls’ to -” Bianca stopped mid-sentence as she saw Ryan standing out on the porch with Charlie. “Is everything okay?” Bianca asked.

“Yeah, he was just leaving.” Charlie said as she took a step closer to Bianca and stepping even further away from Ryan.

“You don’t have to be scared.” Ryan said. “I’m not going to try to hurt you again...but I don’t want to give up on you either. Please just give me a chance. I’m better for you than that Brax dude.”

“She said she wanted you to leave, so I think you should do as she asked.”

“Stay out of it blondie.” Ryan said as he looked up to Bianca. “Although on second thoughts, if Charlie’s going to stay with that idiot Brax dude, then maybe me and you could hook up.” Ryan smirked.

“I’m engaged.” Bianca said. “Most fortunately.” She muttered under her breath.

“Well I suppose you wouldn’t want to play second best anyways. Charlie is the one I really want. I should never have let her go so easily back then.” Ryan sighed. “Then I thought I finally found love after her but no, she cheats on me and leaves me heartbroken. So heartbroken I go out and have a line of random one night stands. I’m surprised I didn’t get anyone pregnant to be honest. Or hey, maybe I did, who knows.”

Bianca and Charlie shared a glance with each other, before looking back to Ryan. “Please, just leave me alone.” Charlie said. Ryan sighed lightly as he shook his head.

“I’ll get you back, Charlie. I will.” Ryan nodded before he turned and walked away. Charlie exhaled lightly before she looked up to Bianca. Bianca smiled lightly at Charlie before she pulled her into a hug.

“It’s okay.” Bianca said. “He’ll be in jail soon enough and won’t can keep bothering you.”

“Hopefully.” Charlie said as she pulled back from the hug. “So, you said Bella needed some clean clothes?” Charlie said as she walked back into the house.

“Yeah, if it's not any bother.” Bianca replied.

“Of course not.” Charlie said as she walked down the hall and into the twins’ bedroom.

“Charlie are you okay?” Bianca asked.

“I’m fine.” Charlie said as she opened the wardrobe. “Now let’s find something for Bella to wear.” Charlie took a deep breath and hoped that soon enough Ryan would be behind bars, not able to bother her again.

Ruby and Xavier were sitting in the hospital waiting room. Ruby was shaking her leg as she kept taking deep breaths. “What’s wrong?” Xavier asked.

“I’m just nervous.” Ruby said. “We're about to find out if I am really pregnant or not.”

“Well the home test said you were, so you are right?” Xavier questioned as he put his hand on Ruby’s leg, wanting her to stop shaking it.

“Well most probably yes, but I dunno maybe it was a false positive.”

“Ruby Austin.” The doctor called out and Ruby and Xavier walked into the room behind her and Ruby took a seat on the bed, as Xavier sat on the chair beside her. “So, Ruby, you think you’re pregnant?”

“Yeah.” Ruby nodded. “We took a home test and it came back positive.”

“So you are here to make sure?” The doctor said and Ruby nodded lightly. “Okay, so if you just lay down for me and we’ll have a look and see.” Ruby lay down on the bed, and Xavier watched as the doctor went to work. “Okay, yes, I’d say you were 4 weeks and 6 days, so almost 5 weeks along.”

“Wow.” Xavier smiled as he took a hold of Ruby hand. “I’m going to be daddy.”

“This your first baby?” The doctor questioned and Ruby and Xavier nodded.

“Yeah, so can like you tell us when he would be born and stuff and when can we find out the sex?”

“I can’t tell you the sex until Ruby is 20 weeks.” The doctor answered. “But I can estimate a due date for you.” The doctor smiled as she did the math. I’d put you due around November 22nd. So, a new baby in time for Christmas.”

“Thank you.” Ruby smiled as she sat back up in the bed.

“So, do you have any questions or anything you’d like to ask?” The doctor asked.

“When can we see the baby like on the screen, when it actually looks like a baby?” Xavier questioned. “You know, not just a little blob.”

“At you’re 12 week scan you’ll get a better picture, and probably be able to hear the heartbeat.”

“Cool.” Xavier grinned. “I can’t wait for her belly to grow. You know see my baby getting bigger inside her.”

“Yeah well that’s the part I’m not looking forward to.” Ruby sighed. “Getting all big and fat and feeling uncomfortable.”

“Well it’s your first pregnancy so it will be a while yet before you are showing.” The doctor said. “Have you had any morning sickness yet?”

“A bit.” Ruby said. “I wanted to ask, because my Mum had really bad sickness when she was pregnant with my little brother. She was admitted to hospital and turns out she had Hyperemesis Gravidarum, so like she was really sick with him and then when she was pregnant with the twins she had pretty bad sickness too, so does this mean I’ll get it bad, or does it not work that way?”

“It could mean that yes. Some studies have shown if a woman has had bad sickness then her daughter would be the same when she got pregnant, but other studies can’t confirm this, so it is possible your sickness could get bad, yes, but you could possibly not be sick at all.”

“Right.” Ruby sighed. “I’m going on tour with my band next week, so it’s kind of not the best time to suffer from morning sickness if it is going to happen.”

The doctor nodded lightly. “Unfortunately if it’s going to happen, it’s going to happen.” The doctor said. “Ginger tea, and eating some dry crackers when you first wake up, may help a little bit, but sometimes the sickness just can’t be stopped.”

“Yeah, Mum used to drink heaps of ginger tea.” Ruby smiled lightly. “Well thank you and I have to come back at 12 weeks, right?”

“Yeah.” The doctor nodded as she looked on the computer. “I’ll put you at 5 weeks now, so that means in 7 weeks.....I can put you in for May 23rd at 10am?”

“I’m not back from tour until June 3rd.” Ruby said as she shook her head.

“Okay, I’ll can take you on June 7?” The doctor said. “At 2pm.”

“Yeah, that’ll be fine.” Ruby nodded.

“Oh Hawaii.” Xavier asked. “We are supposed to be going in July. Can we still go? She’ll be around what 4 and a half months then?”

“It should be fine.” The doctor said. “If she has no problems in her pregnancy up till then.”

“So she’s fine to fly?” Xavier questioned.

“Yes.” The doctor nodded. “She’ll be okay to go.”

“Great, thank you.” Ruby smiled as she stood up from the bed. The doctor handed her the scans before she and Xavier left the room.

“I can’t believe him.” Brax said angrily as he took his work shirt off and threw it in the laundry bin and put on a t-shirt.

“It’s okay. He didn’t try anything and Bianca was here.”

“I shouldn’t have gone back to work. I should have been there for you.”

“Brax you can’t be with me all the time. You need to live your life too.” Charlie said.

“Did you tell the police?” Brax asked.

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “Not that it would make a difference. I mean if he is out there now isn't he?”

“Well he shouldn’t be.” Brax shook his head. “Maybe if you told them it would make them arrest him again, you know, to stop him stalking you.”

“He’s hardly stalking me, Brax.” Charlie sighed.

“Mummy daddy you come get rid of them monsters now or I no go to bed.” Riley shook her head as she ran into their bedroom.

“Yeah I told you that light we bought today is going to help with that.” Charlie smiled as she took Riley’s hand and walked her down the hall to her bedroom with Brax following.

“Okay.” Riley nodded as Charlie tucked her into bed and placed a kiss on her forehead, before she moved to Paige’s bed and gave her kiss too, as Brax kissed Riley goodnight.

“Night girls.” Charlie said as she walked over to the chest of drawers and switched on the new nightlight that she’d bought for the girls’ bedroom.

“It a turtle.” Paige giggled as she looked at the light. As Paige had said, it was a turtle, and his stomach lit up, bringing some light into the room.

“Yeah, and as long as this light is on no monsters can come into the room, okay?” Brax said as he kissed Paige goodnight.

“Promise me really promise me?” Riley asked and Brax nodded.

“Really promise you sweet pea.” Brax smiled before he and Charlie left the room, and walked down the hall and into the living room.

“So.” Brax said. “About Ryan. I still think -”

“Brax can you please, don’t.” Charlie shook her head. “The twins are in bed, Jacob is already in bed....can we just watch a movie and snuggle on the couch and just not talk about Ryan.”

“Sure.” Brax nodded lightly as he gently rubbed Charlie’s hand. “What do you want to watch?”

“Oh...27 Dresses.” Charlie smiled.

Brax sighed lightly as he shook his head. “Maybe Fight Club or Gladiator or Die Hard. Oh yes, Die Hard.”

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “27 Dresses.” Charlie batted her eyes at Brax as she smiled.

Brax sighed lightly. “27 Dresses it is.” Brax said and Charlie smiled as she ran off to the DVD cabinet and pulled out the DVD.

Thanks. :wub:

Chapter 104

Charlie and Brax were sitting on the couch, Brax with his arm wrapped around Charlie, Charlie snuggling into Brax. “I don’t get why you love this movie so much.” Brax sighed.

“Because she’s always the bridesmaid and then finally she meets someone and she’s finally the bride. It’s so sweet and romantic and.....hmmm.” Charlie smiled dreamily as she looked up to Brax.

“So how many times have you been the bridesmaid?” Brax asked.

“Never.” Charlie shook her head. “Well technically, I was a bridesmaid at Bianca’s wedding to Vittorio but they never actually got married so I’m not counting that.”

“So we can’t even say always the bridesmaid never the bride about you?” Brax grinned.

“Well I’m hoping we can just say the bride.” Charlie smiled. “Just the once too. I only want to be the bride once.”

“Well you never know, one day you might meet someone willing to propose to you.”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “But you’ll do for now.”

“Good.” Brax laughed lightly before he placed a kiss on her head. “Good things come to those who wait.” Brax said quietly.

“Well it better be good.” Charlie said. “I’ve waited over 4 years for this.”

“4 years?” Brax questioned. “Must be one amazing guy if you’ve waited that long.”

“He has his moments.” Charlie smiled as she looked up to him.

“Good.” Brax smiled before he leaned down and placed a soft kiss on Charlie’s lips. Charlie smiled into the kiss before it become more passionate. “I thought we were watching the movie?” Brax questioned as he pulled back slightly.

“Mmm I like what you have to say better.” Charlie grinned before she kissed him again. The kiss became more passionate as Brax ran his hands up her back. The sounds of the front door opening caused Charlie and Brax to reluctantly pull back. “Hey guys how was your afternoon?” Charlie asked as she looked up to Ruby and Xavier.

“Yeah good.” Ruby smiled as she sat down on the chair, with Xavier taking a seat on the arm of the chair. “We got a scan of the baby. I’m 4 weeks 6 days along.” Ruby smiled as she handed Charlie the scan. Charlie smiled lightly as she looked down at it.

“I eh....is there a baby there?” Brax questioned.

“It’s the darker blob” Xavier said.

“You’ll see more the next time.” Charlie smiled as she kept looking at the picture.

“Yeah, that’s what the doctor said too.” Xavier smiled. “We’ll see more than a blob.”

“Will you stop referring to my baby – no, our baby, your child - as a blob?” Ruby said as she hit Xavier’s arm.

Brax laughed lightly. “I was about to say, what, that blob is the baby too.”

“Brax.” Charlie said as she hit his arm lightly.

“Well it’s what it looks like.” Brax argued. “I know it’s your child and your grandchild but still....”

Charlie shook her head lightly as she passed the scan back to Ruby. “So anyways, how was your dinner?”

“Yeah great.” Xavier smiled. Gina and John had taken them to the seafood place in Reefton Lakes. “Although this one almost chucked up when she smelt John’s oysters.”

“Ahh I was the same.” Charlie nodded. “I couldn’t do seafood when I was pregnant with Jacob.”

“Oh maybe this means it’s a little boy.” Xavier grinned. “Although I don’t really care what we have. I’m just so excited I’m going to be a dad.” Ruby smiled lightly before she stood up and walk over the fridge. “Hey, what you doing?” Xavier said as he jumped up and followed Ruby to the kitchen.

“I’m getting a drink.” Ruby replied.

“Well I’ll get it for you.” Xavier said.

“Xav, I can get my own drink.” Ruby said as she pulled a bottle of water from the fridge.

“But you’re pregnant, you should be taking it easy.”

“Oh God.” Ruby sighed. “Xav if you are going to be like this from now on then I’ll tell you, you’ll be lucky if we’re not divorced before this baby is born.”

“I’m just looking out for you.” Xavier sighed.

“Well you’re just being a little bit too much.” Ruby sighed lightly. “I’ll let you know if I need you and chances are when I get bigger and closer to my due date I will need you more but right now it’s not necessary.”

“Okay, sorry. I’ll try to stop.” Xavier sighed.

“Try?” Ruby questioned.

“Well c’mon Rubes, you’re going to be leaving me for like 9 weeks too.” Xavier sighed.

“Yeah exactly.” Ruby said. “You won’t can be all protective of me then, so why do it now?”

“Exactly for that reason.” Xavier sighed. “I won’t can be there for you when you’re gone so I want to now to show you that I do care.”

“Xav, I know you care.” Ruby sighed lightly as she pulled him into a hug. “But just don’t drive me crazy the next 8 months.”

“Like I said, I’ll try.” Xavier smiled as she placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

“Well now you’ve got that sorted, me and your mother will leave you too it.” Brax said as he stood up from the couch and pulled Charlie up to standing and led her down the hall and into their bedroom.

“So.” Charlie said as Brax pushed the door closed.

“So.” Brax raised his eyebrows as he pulled Charlie closer to him. “I think your daughter and son-in-law interrupted us.

“Oh really.” Charlie grinned up at Brax before she kissed him softly.

“Mmm yeah.” Brax said. “I must say though I still find it amusing that you are going to be a grandmother.”

“You know, you’ve bugged me about that, but what exactly do you think this child will end up calling you?” Charlie questioned. “Because it certainly won’t be Brax, grandpa.”

Brax cleared his throat before laughing lightly at the cheeky smirk Charlie had on her face. “Let’s just go back to kissing.” Brax smiled as he kissed Charlie once more as he led her across to the bed, their kiss never breaking.

“Morning.” Brax smiled as he wrapped his arms around Charlie’s waist and placed a kiss on her neck.

“Hey.” Charlie smiled as she turned around and rested her hands on his shoulders. “How are you this morning?”

“Mmm I’m good.” Brax grinned. “I was thinking maybe you don’t go to work today. We could spend the day together before I had to go to the restaurant for the dinner start around 6.30.”

Charlie sighed lightly as she shook her head. “I wish I could, but no, I need to go to work.”

“Could you not even be a little late?” Brax questioned. “Maybe we could go back to bed for a little bit?”

“Bed hey?” Charlie questioned. “You still tired?”

“I never said anything about sleeping.” Brax grinned as he softly kissed her.

Charlie laughed lightly as she shook her head. “No, I need to give the kids their breakfast and take Jacob to school then go to work.” Brax pouted as he gave Charlie sad eyes. “Don’t make that face either.” Charlie laughed. “You’ll have a good day with the twins.”

“I know.” Brax smiled. “It would just have been nicer if you were here too.”

“Well I’ll be home just after 3 with Jacob, so the 5 of us can do something fun for a few hours before you have work, okay?”

“Sure.” Brax smiled lightly before he gave her another soft kiss.

“Mummy daddy I do’d it.” Riley shouted excitedly as she ran into the kitchen. Brax smiled lightly as he pulled away from Charlie and looked down at his daughter.

“And what exactly did you do?” Brax questioned.

“You know.” Riley sighed. “I never come to you bed.”

“No you didn’t.” Charlie smiled. “So the turtle lamp worked?”

“Yeah.” Riley nodded. “Them monsters gone.”

“Good.” Brax smiled as Paige and Jacob came running into the kitchen.

“What’s for breakfast?” Jacob asked as he climbed up on his chair at the kitchen table.

“Daddy is going to make us all pancakes.” Charlie smiled as she took a drink of the apple juice she had poured herself before Brax had come into the kitchen.

“Wow.” The kids all gasped at once.

“We don’t get them much.” Jacob shook his head.

“Well because daddy is in a wonderful mood today he said he would make them for us.” Charlie smiled as she took the kids’ cups from the cupboard and poured them some juice.

“Is that so?” Brax questioned.

“Mmm yeah.” Charlie gave him a cheeky smile as she handed the kids their drinks. “Chop chop, Jacob and I have school and work to get too.”

“Morning.” Ruby smiled as she walked into the kitchen and took a seat at the table.

“Ruby daddy make us panacakes.” Paige smiled.

“Ah wow. I’ll have mines with banana and syrup please.” Ruby smiled up at Brax. “Oh and when I remember, we didn’t say anything about the baby to Gina and John yesterday and would appreciate it if you didn’t tell them.”

“Oh sure.” Charlie nodded. “Why haven’t you said anything? I mean they are Xavier’s parents?”

“I know, and I would have told them, but Xavier didn’t want too.” Ruby shook her head. “He said it’s better to wait till we are 12 weeks.”

“What if you start showing?” Brax questioned. “You know what the press are like with celeb women putting on a little weight. What if they announce it?”

“Well they’d only be guessing.” Ruby sighed. “It’s not as if I am going to tell the press it is?”

“Okay, well sure, we’ll keep it quiet.” Charlie smiled.

“Thanks.” Ruby smiled lightly.

“Daddy where’s them pancakes?” Riley asked.

“Yeah dad c’mon. I’m hungry and I have school soon.” Jacob sighed.

“Right, well I guess I’m making pancakes.” Brax sighed as he walked over to the fridge and started to pull out what he needed.

Thanks everyone. :wub:

Chapter 105

Brax and the twins were getting ready to go out to the park, when there was a knock at the door. Brax sighed lightly as he walked across the room, with Riley and Paige following him. “Who it be daddy?” Paige asked as she looked up to him.

“I don’t know, I’ve not answered it yet.” Brax laughed before opening the door to see Sargent Watson standing at the other side. “Sarg.” Brax exhaled lightly. “What can I do for you?”

“Darryl.” Georgie said. “I would like you to come down to the station and answer a few questions please.”

“I can’t right now.” Brax shook his head. “I’ve got the girls to watch.”

“Is there anyone who can look after them for you?”

“Charlie is at work.” Brax sighed. “Ruby and Xavier have gone out for the day together before she goes away on her tour...Bianca, Gina, Irene, Marilyn....everyone else they know is working.”

“You could always bring them down to the station with you. This is important.” Georgie said.

“I’m not taking my girls to the police station.” Brax shook his head. “It’ll have to wait.”

“Refusing to come down and talk to me is making it look like you are guilty.” Georgie said.

“Of what?” Brax questioned.

“That we can discuss at the station.” Georgie said. “Now are you going to put up a fight? You don’t really want me to cuff you in front of the girls again, do you?”

“Can’t I talk to you here?” Brax questioned. “Like I said, I’m not comfortable taking the girls down to the station.” Georgie exhaled lightly as she looked down to the girls, who were standing behind Brax, staring up at Georgie, all wide eyed.

“I’m sorry it has to be the station.” Georgie said. “Now if you’d like to come this way.” Brax sighed lightly as he shook his head.

“C’mon girls, we have to go on a little trip.” Brax said as he lightly pushed his daughters out of the house, and locked the door.

“We go to park?” Paige asked.

“Soon.” Brax smiled. “I just have to go talk with this lady first.”

“That be boring.” Riley sighed. “I wanna play at park.”

“We can go soon.” Brax said as he looked up to Georgie and shook his head in disbelief, before he pulled his mobile out of his pocket and called Charlie’s work. “Hey Charlie, sorry to bother you at work, but Georgie’s making me go down to the station and I don’t really want the girls to be there for long. Is there any chance that you can get away to be with the girls?.....okay, I don’t know she won’t say, she’s just making me go....right....okay well hopefully see you soon.” Brax said as he hung up the phone. He shook his head once more at Georgie before he looked down into the car before looking back up at Georgie. “There are no car seats.” Brax shook his head. “Surely you should know that the girls need car seats to travel.”

“Why are you making this so difficult Mr Braxton?” Georgie sighed.

“I’m not being difficult.” Brax shook his head. “I’m obeying the law. They are 3 years old. They have to have car seats.”

“If the child is travelling a short distance for reasons of unexpected necessity, then they can travel with no car seat.” Georgie said. “Now let’s get going.” Brax sighed lightly before he helped the girls into the police car and exhaled lightly as Georgie drove off, wondering why he was being taken to the station once again.

“So, is it too soon to talk about baby names?” Xavier questioned.

Ruby shrugged her shoulders before taking a drink of her juice. “Why, do you have names in mind?”

“I like Ashley.” Xavier smiled. “Not sure how well Ashley Austin sounds though.”

“Could always be a Buckton.” Ruby grinned.

“With her parents both being Austin?” Xavier questioned.

“Well you could change your name to Xavier Buckton.” Ruby smiled.

“Ruby, be serious.” Xavier sighed. “This is our child we are talking about.”

“Okay.” Ruby exhaled. “I don’t like Ashley. What about Toby?”

“It’s pretty cute.” Xavier smiled. “I like Axel.”

“I like Sophie.” Ruby smiled as she lightly rubbed her stomach. “But, I don’t know, I don’t really want to plan things out too soon, you know, just in case...” Ruby said as she trailed off.

“Okay.” Xavier nodded lightly. “So if you think it’s too soon to talk about baby names, then I guess you’ll think it’s too soon to buy clothes and stuff?”

“A bit.” Ruby said quietly. “I mean we have plenty time for things like this, we don’t need to rush out and do everything straight away.”

“I guess not.” Xavier smiled lightly at his wife. “Wanna go for a swim?” Xavier asked as he stood up and pulled Ruby up to standing. Xavier and Ruby were having a picnic out by Thorns Lake.

“Mmm we didn’t bring our swimsuits.” Ruby said as she looked up into his deep blue eyes.

“Well...” Xavier trailed off. “We could always do a little bit of skinny dipping.” Xavier grinned. “There’s no one else around.”

“Skinny dipping hey.” Ruby raised her eyebrows as she gripped the bottom of Xavier t-shirt with her hands. “You trying to get me to break the law, Mr Austin?”

“Well maybe just slightly for a bit?” Xavier grinned as she pushed the straps of her dress off her shoulder before he kissed her neck.

“Mmm keeping kissing me and I might just have to give in.” Ruby whispered before her lips met with his.

“Charlie, hey, the girls are in here.” Patrick said as he walked her through to Georgie’s office.

“Mummy.” Paige grinned as she dropped the crayon that was in her hand and ran into her mother’s arms.

“Hey sweetie.” Charlie smiled as she lifted Paige up, and looked down to Riley to was still happily drawing.

“We drawing.” Riley smiled. Charlie smiled down at her daughter as she ruffled her hair lightly.

“We go now?” Paige questioned. “Daddy apposed to take us to the park.”

“Yeah.” Riley nodded as she looked at her mother. “We made a picnic.”

“Aww sounds like fun.” Charlie smiled as she placed Paige back down on the floor.

“So we go?” Paige asked again.

“Soon.” Charlie smiled. “You finish your picture. Mummy wants to talk to this man here.” Charlie said as she looked up to Patrick. She looked over to the female officer who was sitting with the girls before looking back up to Patrick. “I’ll be right back.” Charlie said as she walked out of the office, with Patrick following her. “What’s going on?” Charlie questioned.

“Georgie wanted to talk to Brax about a few things.” Patrick answered.

“Well I’ve gathered that.” Charlie replied. “About what exactly?”

“I can’t tell you.” Patrick shook his head.

“C’mon Pat.” Charlie sighed.

“Charlie I can’t.” Patrick shook his head. “You’ll just have to wait for Brax to be out and for him to tell you.”

“Did she really need to bring him down to the station?” Charlie questioned. “He has the girls. This is no place for them to be sitting.”

“They probably don’t know what’s going on.” Patrick answered.

“That’s not the point.” Charlie shook her head. “They are 3 years old. They were brought down here in a police car.” Charlie raised her voice.

“Look I’m sorry.” Patrick sighed. “And if it was me, I probably would have just talked to Brax at his home, but Georgie is the Sargent and she’s in charge.”

Charlie shook her head once more before she walked back into the office. “’C’mon girls, we’ll go get an ice-cream then by the time we get back, daddy should be ready to come home with us.”

“Oh strawberry.” The Paige smiled as she jumped down from the chair and ran over to her mother.

“Chocolate.” Riley shrieked as she ran across to her mother. The girls each took one of Charlie’s hands and skipped excitedly as they left the police station.

Ruby and Xavier were laying down, with the picnic blanket wrapped around them. Xavier had his arms wrapped around Ruby, and she had her head nestled against his shoulder. “I love you so much, Rubes.” Xavier whispered.

“I love you too.” Ruby smiled up at him.

“Don’t leave me.” Xavier sighed.

“It’s not for that long.” Ruby said. “Then and I’ll be back and with you forever.”

“Well you mean until you join the band again.”

“No.” Ruby shook her head lightly. “That’s it. I’m done, Xavier.”

“What, you mean you are leaving for good?”

“Yeah.” Ruby nodded her head. “I want to be in my kid’s life. I want to be a family and go to the beach at weekends and watch movies on a rainy day, bake cakes with the littles one...I want to be a stay at home mum, and I mean always at home.” Ruby exhaled. “So, once I’m finished with this tour, then I’m finished with music, that part of my career, it’s over.”

“Oh.” Xavier said.

“You don’t like that idea?” Ruby questioned.

“It’s entirely your choice babe.” Xavier smiled. “I just expect that you’d want to go back eventually. I thought you loved this.”

“I do.” Ruby smiled. “But I love you so much more. And I already love this baby. I had an amazing time with the band, but that part of my life will end, and I’m looking forward to be just being a family.”

“Mmm, I like the sound of that too.” Xavier smiled. “We’ll have our big house in the country, the little white picket fence, the dog....” Xavier trailed off. “And the grandparents will be living just up the road for babysitting duties.”

“We’re getting a dog?” Ruby smiled excitedly as she looked up at Xavier.

“Maybe, possibly one day, yeah.” Xavier grinned.

“Aww let’s get a puppy.” Ruby gasped with excitement.

“Settle.” Xavier laughed. “I’m going back to school in a couple of days and you’re going away on a tour. Let’s just talk about this when you get back, okay?”

“Okay.” Ruby smiled before she leaned in to kiss her husband. “I’m going to miss you so much.”

“I’ll miss you too.” Xavier said sadly. “But hey, let’s not think about that yet, let’s just enjoy the rest of today.”

“Mmm yeah.” Ruby nodded before she kissed her husband once more.

Thank you everyone. :wub: Hope you like this next one.

Chapter 106

Liam winced as he put his hand into the bucket of ice. “Papà, what you doing?” Bella asked as she climbed up on the chair and looked up at Liam.

“Papà hurt his hand.” Liam replied.

“Why?” Bella asked.

“He did something silly.” Liam answered as he took a drink of his water. He’d woke up with a banging headache after going out and getting drunk the night before. He knew when Bianca returned home from work he was going to be in a lot of trouble, one for replapisng and two, for what he did, there was no way he could keep it from her, not with his injuries too.

“What there?” Bella questioned as she pointed to his eye. It was all black and swollen, Liam had clearly been fighting with someone.

“Papà hurt his eye.” Liam answered. “And his ribs.” Liam muttered as he gently rubbed his chest. Bella looked up to Liam silently for a moment before she jumped down from the chair and ran around the table to the chair next to Liam and climbed up onto that one. She stood up on the chair and placed a soft kiss on Liam’s cheek.

“It better?” Bella questioned.

Liam smiled lightly at the little girl who was looking up to him, her big brown eyes all wide in wonderment. Her pigtails letting her golden brown hair dangle past her shoulders. He loved her, there was no doubt about it, but looking down at her in that moment, all he saw was Ryan. There was no doubt in his mind that he had father that little girl, an after what Bianca told Liam of what she’d suddenly remembered the previous night, most probably after coming face to face with him again after all this time, he wanted nothing more than to make sure he never knew of Bella’s exsistenced, if only to protect the little girl from ever knowing him. She deserved someone better than him for a father, and Liam was happy to take that place, and only hoped he was doing a good job with it. “Yeah.” Liam smiled. “You always make Papà feel better.”

Bella smiled just as there was a knock at the door and April came into the house. “Auntie Apil.” Bella grinned as she jumped down for the chair and ran over to her.

“hey Princess.” April smiled as she lifted her niece into her arms. “How are you today?”

“Good but Papà is hurted.” Bella said.

“Liam.” April gasped as she saw him. “What’s happened?”

Liam exhaled lightly as April put Bella down on the ground and walked over to the table, and took a seat opposite Liam. Bella ran off towards her toys and pulled out her dolly before running back over to April. “Apil play.” Bella said.

“Just give me 5 minutues to talk to your Papà first.” April said before she looked up to Liam. “Well Liam?”

Liam took a deep breath before talking. “After what Bianca told me last night....I had too. I couldn’t.....he deserved it.”

“Liam, what did Bianca say last night?” April asked worriedly. “What’s happened?” Liam took another deep breath before he went to explain to April what exactly had happened.

Georgie placed the coffee cup down on the desk before she looked up to Brax. “Sure you don’t want one?”

Brax shook his head as he ran his hand across the edge of the table. “I just want to know what I’m here for.”

“Where were you last night between the hours of 8 and 9pm?”

Brax exhaled lightly as he looked up to Georgie. “I was at home.”

“I’m going to need a little bit more than that.” Georgie replied. “What exactly where you doing? Was anyone else home?”

“The kids obviously. They were in bed.” Brax sighed. “Charlie and I were watching a DVD. 27 Dresses to be precise. At about 8.45 Ruby and Xavier came home.”

“27 Dresses hey, wouldn’t have put you down as the chick flick type.”

“Charlie wanted to watch it.” Brax sighed lightly.

“Fair enough.” Georgie replied. “So, what happened after Ruby and Xavier came home?”

Brax gave a small laugh. “Charlie and I went to our bedroom; don’t think I need to tell you the rest.”

Georgie nodded lightly. “Ryan Sullivan was admitted to hospital last night.”

“And what does that have to do with me?” Brax questioned.

“Well given your current charges for assault of him, you can see why we would be questioning you again.”

“I already have a court case pending for that assault. You really think I would be stupid enough to do something else?”

“You tell me.” Georgie replied.

“I was with Charlie last night. I didn’t leave the house after getting in from work around 7.30.”

“Let’s just say you were at a bar in Yabbie Creek. You saw the man who allegedly tried to rape the woman you love. He says something to rile you, maybe he even throws the first punch, but you hit back. You hit him and hit him until he ends up in hospital. I can see it all happening.” Georgie gave Brax a smug grin.

“Nice little story there.” Brax said. “But it didn’t happen. I didn’t assault him again. I was at home with my family, so if that’s all you have to say, can I please get back to my girls?”

Georgie exhaled lightly as she shook her head. “You know he’s got pretty serious head injuries. They’ve had to put him in a medical induced coma. He has a few cracked ribs....he’s pretty hurt.”

“Well he probably did something to deserve it.” Brax replied. “But it wasn’t me.”

Georgie exhaled lightly before she stood up from the desk. “You’re free to go, for now.” Brax smiled lightly before he stood up and left the room, following Georgie out.

“Daddy.” Riley grinned as she ran up to him. “Mummy took us for ice-cream.”

“Aww lucky girls.” Brax smiled.

“Yeah.” Paige smiled. “It be good.”

Before Charlie and Brax had the chance to talk, Georgie spoke. “Charlie can I have 5 minutes of your time please.”

“Eh yeah.” Charlie nodded lightly as she quickly glanced at Brax before following Georgie into the interview room and taking a seat at the desk.

“So, I just wanted to know what you, and, well more importantly Brax, were doing last night between the hours of 8 and 9pm?”

“Eh...Brax and I were watching a DVD. 27 Dresses.” Charlie said.

“And was anyone else in the house?” Georgie asked.

“Well the kids, obviously were in bed. Ruby and Xavier came home around 8.40, 8.45. Brax and I then went to our room and....” Charlie trailed off as she cleared her throat. “Yeah.”

“You know you don’t need to lie for him.” Georgie said as she shook her head.

“I’m not.” Charlie replied. “Brax was at home last night. What exactly is it he’s supposed to have done here?”

“Ryan was admitted to hospital last night.” Georgie replied. “Few cracked ribs, pretty serious head injuries.”

“Oh.” Charlie said. “And he told you Brax put him there?”

“Bit hard to do that when you are in a medical induced coma.” Georgie replied.

“So you just suspect it was Brax?” Charlie questioned.

“Well they have a history. He’s up for assault charges on him already.”

“And you think Brax would do something to make it even worse for himself?” Charlie as she shook her head.

“Like I say, don’t feel the need to lie for him. He’s not worth it.”

“I’m not lying for him.” Charlie shook her head.

“Look Charlie this guy has already cost you your career. Don’t go making things worse for yourself by standing by him when he did wrong.”

Charlie laughed lightly as she shook her head. “Georgie, I’m not lying for him. We were together all night last night. I’m sorry but you’re looking at the wrong man here.”

Georgie exhaled lightly before nodding her head. “Okay, that’s all I have to say.” Charlie stood up and left room.

“Mummy we go picnic now?” Paige smiled up at her.

“Sure.” Charlie smiled as she took her daughters hand and left the station, with Brax and Riley walking hand in hand behind them.

“So?” Patrick questioned.

“Pretty watertight alibi.” Georgie sighed. “Maybe you were right. Maybe it wasn’t him.”

“I just don’t think he would make the situation worse for himself.” Patrick said. “He’s already looking at jail time.”

“Yeah, well I said maybe you were right.” Georgie sighed. “I just don’t trust the guy is all.”

“Well maybe you should keep personal opinions of the guy back and be professional. I know you don’t like the guy, but you can’t use that against him.”

“Yeah, we’ll see.” Georgie sighed. “Now we’re back at square one. Who else could have done this?”

“Well Ryan seems like a sleaze ball to me. Could have been anyone.” Patrick sighed before he followed Georgie through to the office to work on the case.

Thansks everyone. :)

Chapter 107

April was sitting watching the TV in Bianca’s house when Bianca returned home from work. “Hey, where’s the kids?” Bianca asked as she put her handbag down on the kitchen table and walked into the living room, taking a seat on the couch next to April.

“Bella is still napping and Ash is playing in his room.”

“Did he say much to you?” Bianca questioned.

“He said hey, asked if Jacob could come play tomorrow after school but I said he’d need to ask you. He told me he’d got 5 out of 5 on his spelling test and that he watched a video about a chicken who didn’t have any friends on the farm but then he made friends with a piglet and a lamb.”

“Interesting video.” Bianca laughed lightly. “But at least he is being more open now.”

“Yeah.” April smiled. “So Liam told me about what you remembered -”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Bianca shook her head. “It’s in the past and it’s staying there.”

“But Bianca -”

“Leave it, April.” Bianca raised her voice. “Thanks for watching Bella today for me. If you want to get off home you can go.”

“Well Dex has class until 5 so I thought I’d just hang out here.” April said. “But if you want me to go I can.”

“No, you can stay.” Bianca smiled lightly. “Just as long as you don’t talk about it.”

“But Bianca. -”

“What do you want me to say April?” Bianca raised her voice. “That I could have been raped, again? That for a second time someone forced themselves upon me. Because having to live through it and having to get over it after Dean was bad enough, I can’t do it again April, okay, I just can’t.” Bianca went silent as April saw tears forming in her eyes. “I just want to leave it in the past. I don’t want to fight hard to bring the memories back and remember what happened. I just want to forget the small details that I have remembered in the first place.”

“Hey it’s okay.” April exhaled as she pulled her sister into a hug. “I’m sorry. I just thought it might help talking about it, but I can see why you think it wouldn’t.”

Bianca sniffed back as she wiped the tears from her eyes. “It’s okay, but I just don’t want to talk about it.”

“Okay, you don’t have too.” April smiled lightly as she moved Bianca’s hair from in front of her face.

“So Liam made it to work then?” Bianca questioned.

“He did.” April nodded. “He....eh.....well he....”

“What is it, April?” Bianca questioned.

“Do you know he went out drinking last night?”

“He what?” Bianca raised her voice. “I know he stormed out after we talked, but, he drank?”

April nodded. “Pretty hung over this morning and pretty beat up too.”

“What do you mean, beat up?”

“He ran into Ryan last night.” April said tentatively. “He’s a bit....bashed and as for Ryan well he’s in hospital....”

“The stupid stupid...” Bianca trailed off as she stood up from the couch and ran out of the house and in the direction of the restaurant.

Charlie and Brax were sitting on the bench in the park, watching as the twins played on the slide and as Jacob climbed the climbing frame. “Maybe you should tell the police about Ryan’s visit last night.”

“What and make you look even more guilty?” Charlie questioned. “If I tell the police he came around again, it will make it look like it was you who attacked him and we made the whole story up.”

“You do believe it wasn’t me, right?” Brax questioned.

“Well if it was you I spend the night with your double.” Charlie replied. “Of course I believe it wasn’t you. I know it wasn’t you.” Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked up to Brax.

“Georgie seems to have it in for me.” Brax sighed.

“Don’t worry about Georgie, she’s harmless really.” Charlie sighed as she thought about her ex-work partner.

“She pretty good at her job Charlie.” Brax said nervously.

“Exactly. So she’ll soon find out it wasn’t you.”

“And apologise?”

“Well I don’t know about that.” Charlie sighed. “But don’t worry. They’ll find the real guy who did this.”

“Well when they do please remind me to go and shake his hand and congratulate him.” Brax said. “And if I drank, I’d share some drinks with him too.”

“Brax.” Charlie sighed lightly. Brax shrugged his shoulders as he pulled a face.

“It’s the truth. I would.”

“I know.” Charlie said as Jacob ran over to them and took a place on Charlie’s knee.

“Hey, buddy, you having fun?” Charlie asked. Jacob nodded lightly as he looked up to his parents.

“I’m thirsty though.” Jacob said.

“Well we can fix that.” Brax smiled as he reached forward and pulled a juice box out of the picnic basket. “Here you go buddy.”

“Thanks dad.” Jacob smiled as he took the juice box from him and pierced the straw into it before taking a big drink. “Daddy....well Joe from school just got a puppy.”

“Oh he did.” Brax answered and Jacob nodded.

“Yeah. A German Shepherd called Scooby.” Jacob nodded.

“That’s cool mate.” Brax smiled down at his son knowing where this conversation was going.

“Uh-huh.” Jacob nodded before he took another drink of his juice. “Maybe we could get a puppy.”

“Ah how did I know he was going to say that?” Charlie laughed.

“Well you’ve already got pets mate.” Brax said. “What would your fish think if you got a puppy?”

“They’d be okay with it.” Jacob nodded. “And they do nothing but swim. The puppy will play fetch with me and swim in the sea and the lakes and stuff. It’d be cool.”

“Mmm well daddy would have no problems getting you a puppy mate. You’ll need to see what mummy says.”

“She’ll say no.” Jacob sighed as he jumped off her knee and ran back across to the swings.

“Way to make me look like a bad guy.” Charlie said as she hit Brax’s leg.

“Well do you want to get the kids a puppy?” Brax questioned. Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked over to the kids, who were chasing each other around the swing set.

“I dunno, I think a little puppy running around with them might be nice. But they are only 3 and 6 and most of the walking and definitely the toilet training is going to get left to me.”

“But it’ll be so cute.” Brax put on a baby voice. “A little mischief with our little mischiefs.”

Charlie laughed lightly. “I guess it would be good, once the dog got a bit older, bigger....you know like a guard dog.”

“If that’s going to make you feel better about getting a dog, you believe that babe. But you know you don’t need a guard dog. I’ll be there to protect you and Ryan will get put away for this.”

“If he’s okay. Sounds like he was pretty badly beaten.” Charlie said.

“Well either way, he’s not going to be around much longer to bother you.”

“Well, I still like the idea of getting a dog.” Charlie smiled. “Once we get to the new house, that is. It’s a lot bigger. More room for him to run around and stuff.”

“Great. The kids will freak when we tell them.” Brax smiled before he pulled Charlie closer to him, and softly kissed her temple.

Bianca ran up the stairs of the Surf Club and stormed into the restaurant and over to the bar where Liam was sitting taking a drink of something. “What the hell do you think you’ve done?” Bianca shouted, causing the customers in the restaurant to look up in their direction.

“Shhh.” Liam put his index finger to his mouth. “Don’t shout.”

“Don’t shout.” Bianca yelled. “Why, because you are too bloody hung-over to handle it.”

“The customers.” Liam spat as he stood up from the chair and grabbed Bianca’s hand and led her through to the office closing the door behind him.

“What’s this?” Bianca asked as she grabbed the glass from him and smelt it before she took a drink.

“Just water.” Liam said. “I drank way too much last night to drink anything today.”

“Last night?” Bianca questioned. “You shouldn’t be drinking at all, Liam.”

“Well you just told me you’d been raped for a second time.” Liam raised his voice. “It’s pretty hard for me to deal with.”

“For you to deal with?” Bianca yelled. “And what about me? I’m the one it’s happened too.”

“Look, I’m sorry.” Liam exhaled lightly. “I just freaked out. It’s hard enough for me to take. So I can’t begin to get my head around how you must be feeling. I went out and I saw him and...”

“April filled me in on that.” Bianca sighed as she shook her head. “You’re unbelievable Liam. I ask you to stay with me last night because I was remembering things and I was scared of what more I might remember and instead you go out and get drunk and put someone in hospital.”

“I was just trying to protect you.” Liam shouted.

“No, no you weren’t.” Bianca shook her head. “Because if you were you would have stayed with me like I asked.”

“Babe, I -”

“Don’t babe me.” Bianca shook her head. “Just get back to work.” Bianca spat angrily before she left the office and the restaurant.

Thanks Sarah, beebee, Spotd1, Red Ranger 1 and Sazzle. :D:wub:

Chapter 108

“Auntie Bee-Bee.” Paige grinned as she ran across the porch to where Bianca was sitting and put her hands on Bianca’s knees.

“Hey sweetie.” Bianca sniffed back as she looked up at Paige.

“Hey, Bianca what’s wrong?” Charlie asked as she appeared before her friend.

“He....Liam....drunk....hospital....” Bianca stuttered between her tears. Charlie and Brax exchanged a glance.

“Right kids.” Brax said as he unlocked the front door of the house and opened it up. “How about we go out back and kick the ball around?”

“Yeah.” Riley said as she ran through the house excitedly with Paige and Jacob following. He left the picnic basket on the kitchen table and left the house via the back door and went into the garden with the kids. Bianca took a seat on the couch, with Charlie sitting beside her. Charlie placed her arm around Bianca and gently rubbed her back.

“Just talk when you’re ready.” Charlie said softly as she continued to rub her back. Bianca shook her head lightly as she fell into Charlie. Charlie wrapped her arms around her and held her as she cried. After what seemed like a good 10 minutes Bianca sat back up and looked at Charlie. She wiped away tears from her eyes, before Charlie stood up and walked over to the cabinet and picked up the box of tissues before walking back over to Bianca and handing them to her.

“Thanks.” Bianca smiled lightly at Charlie before taking a deep breath. “After seeing Ryan yesterday...when I got home I eh...I started to remember that night. I don’t know if it was because I saw him again or what but...I remember being in a room and we were kissing...” Bianca trailed off as she took another deep breath. “But then I remember saying no. I just kept saying no.” Bianca cried. “But I got Bella so I...” Bianca trailed off as the tears kept falling.

“Ah Bianca I am so sorry.” Charlie said as she too felt herself welling up. “No one should have to go through this once. Let alone twice.”

“At least I don’t remember it happening. Both times.” Bianca wiped more tears from her face. “With Dean I was drugged and then Ryan I guess I was just so drunk. It must be worse for the likes of you and Rubes. You two can actually remember it.”

“No Bianca.” Charlie shook her head. “To happen twice. It’s just...” Charlie trailed off, unable to find the words.

“I love her so much.” Bianca cried. “But now I know how she was....how do you not....how do you...” Bianca trailed off as the tears were stopping her from being able to talk.

Knowing what she was trying to ask, Charlie went to answer her. “Because she was my baby. It didn’t matter how she came to be.” Charlie shook her head. “She was a part of me and I was going to protect her and love her no matter what.”

“I do love her.” Bianca nodded lightly. “And that’s never going to change.”

“I know it won’t.” Charlie smiled lightly as she gently rubbed Bianca’s arm. “Are you going to talk to the police about this?” Charlie asked tentatively.

“I eh...Liam put him in hospital last night.” Bianca said quietly. “If I tell the police, he’ll...he’ll be a suspect. You just need to look at him to see he was in a fight.”

“It was Liam?” Charlie questioned. “Liam did it?”

“Yeah.” Bianca nodded. “Did you already know?”

Charlie nodded lightly. “Brax was taken in for questioning about it this morning.”

“They think it was Brax?” Bianca questioned and Charlie nodded.

“I can see why.” Charlie sighed.

Bianca exhaled lightly before she nodded. “He drank too. He got drunk. He was doing so well. I guess the idea of being with someone who’d been...twice....”

“Bianca, Liam would never think badly of you. He loves you so much. Which is probably why he went out there and beat the crap out of him.”

“But he wasn’t thinking about us.” Bianca cried. “About me or Bella or Ash. He’s just lost his mum. He can’t lose Liam too.”

“He won’t lose him.” Charlie shook her head. “You won’t lose him.”

“What if he has to go to jail?” Bianca cried.

“He won’t.” Charlie shook her head. “And if the worst comes to the worst then we’ll get through this together, because we could both end up losing our men for a while.”

Bianca nodded lightly before she exhaled. “I should probably get home. I’m always home for when Bella wakes up from her afternoon nap. She’ll wonder where I am.”

“Okay.” Charlie smiled at Bianca as they stood up from the couch. “If you ever want to talk about this again. -”

“I know.” Bianca nodded as she gave her friend a hug before leaving her house.

Bianca smiled as she watched her daughter splashing around in the bath. “Bath time fun.” Bella giggled as she looked up to her mother.

“Yeah it is.” Bianca smiled as she wiped a tear from her eye.

“No be sad.” Bella shook her head as she stood up in the bath and wiped her hand over Bianca’s face.

“It’s a happy kinda sad.” Bianca said as she ran her hand through her daughter’s hair. Bella looked up at her mother confused. “You know nothing has changed baby. I still love you more than anything in this world and nothing can ever change that.” Bella screwed her face up and looked even more confused. Bianca laughed lightly at her daughter’s facial expression before she lifted her out of the bath and pulled her into hug.

“Mummy I get you wet.” Bella gasped.

“It doesn’t matter.” Bianca shook her head as she held onto her daughter tightly as she kissed her head.

“You squishing me.” Bella sighed as she tried to break free.

“Sorry Princess.” Bianca smiled lightly as she put Bella down on the floor and took her towel from the heater and wrapped it around her.

“You’re so gorgeous baby girl, you know that right?”

“Yeah.” Bella nodded. “Like my mummy.” Bianca smiled as she grabbed another towel and started to dry her daughters hair as Ash walked into the bathroom and stood close to Bianca.

“You okay there mate?” Bianca asked and Ash nodded as he continued to stand close to his almost step-mother.

“Bee, can we play pairs?” Ash spoke so quietly it was barely audible.

“Sure thing bud.” Bianca smiled. “I just need to help Bella get dressed then we can all play together. How does that sound?” Bianca asked as she let the bath water out.

“Good.” Ash whispered before he ran out of the bathroom. Bianca led her daughter into her bedroom and pulled her Dora Explorer pyjama’s out of her drawer and guided Bella as she dressed herself.

“I do it self.” Bella grinned at her accomplishments.

“Yeah, you’re a big girl now.” Bianca smiled as she took her daughters hair brush from her dresser and ran it through her golden brown locks.

“Ouch.” Bella squealed. “It tugs.”

“Sorry.” Bianca said softly as she continued to brush her daughter’s hair.

“It kay now.” Bella smiled as she turned around to face her mother. She smiled up at her before she jumped forward and wrapped her arms around her neck and kissed her cheek softly.

“Oh what’s this for?” Bianca asked as she wrapped her arms around her daughter.

“Just cos.” Bella giggled as Bianca stood up and carried her daughter out of her room.

“Well it’s very nice.” Bianca smiled as she held her daughter close to her as she walked down the stairs to find Ash sitting waiting patiently on the living room floor, the game of pairs already set up.

“Ready?” Ash asked as he smiled up at her.

“We sure are.” Bianca smiled as she and Bella sat down on the floor, ready to play.

Charlie was putting the dinner dishes in the dishwasher when Brax and the twins came back into the room. “We had our bath mummy.” Paige smiled as she climbed up onto the chair and the kitchen table.

“Yeah.” Riley nodded as she too took a seat at the table. “We is all clean.”

“Good.” Charlie smiled as she looked around at her girls.

“We draw for a bit before bed?” Paige asked and Charlie nodded lightly before Brax put the paper and crayons down on the table before he walked over to Charlie and took her hand in his and pulled her out of the kitchen and into the hallway.

“Are you okay? Brax questioned. “You’ve been really quiet since Bianca left this afternoon.”

“I’m fine.” Charlie gave Brax a weak smile. “It’s just...Bianca said some stuff and I....” Charlie trailed off as she felt tears forming in her eyes.

“Hey, baby, what is it?” Brax said as he pulled Charlie into a hug.

“She’s pretty sure she was....that he...Ryan....raped her.” Charlie said sadly.

“Oh God.” Brax exhaled lightly as he shook his head. “Poor thing.”

“When’s all this going to stop Brax?” Charlie asked as she looked up at him. “I just want all this to stop. I want to go back to before he came back into our lives.”

“It will.” Brax said. “I promise you, it will soon and we’ll be in Hawaii and it’ll all be perfect.”

Charlie smiled weakly once again. “It just seems so far away.” Charlie sighed.

“It’ll be worth the wait though.” Brax smiled as he took a tighter grip of her, and held her close to him, placing a kiss on her head.

“But what if it goes the wrong way?” Charlie asked. “What if you and now Liam end up in jail? We won’t can have our holiday in Hawaii and you won’t.....we won’t even be together.”

“If the worst came to the worse and I did end up in jail it wouldn’t be for long.” Brax shook his head. “And then we would have Hawaii. We’ll get there one day, I’ll make sure of it.” Charlie nodded lightly as she held tightly onto Brax. “And hey, what do you mean, Liam being in jail too? What’s he done?”

“It was him.” Charlie said. “It was him who put Ryan in hospital.”

“Wow...well after what Bianca just remembered I don’t blame the guy.” Brax exhaled. “Looks like both of us want him dead. Maybe we should team up and get rid of him.” Brax laughed.

“Brax don’t joke like that.” Charlie raised her voice. Brax exhaled lightly as he placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

“Sorry.” Brax said softly. “Look, I have to get to work. You’ll be alright yeah?”

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded lightly as she pulled back from their embrace. Brax smiled down at her before kissing her cheek softly and leaving the house, unsure with himself if he was joking or not.

Thank you everyone. :D

Chapter 109

Liam walked into the house and went straight for the fridge, pulling out an ice-cold bottle of water as he took a long drink. He was still feeling pretty rough from the night before and knew he was about to get another telling off from Bianca. She had every right to be angry at him, and he knew that, but he’d only wished his hang-over had gone, as it was going to be all the more painful. As he turned around in the kitchen he saw Bianca standing staring at him, with a look of hurt in her eyes. He braced himself for her to start yelling but to his surprise nothing came. She just stood there silently staring him out. “So eh -”

“Ash wants you to read him his bedtime story.” Bianca said, just as Ash appeared from behind her, holding onto her arm with one hand as he rubbed his tired eyes with his other.

“Hey bud, how was your day?” Liam asked as he walked over to his son.

“Good. Best time was playing pairs with Bee and Bella.” Ash smiled lightly as he took his father’s hand and walked across the room and up the stairs with him. Bianca smiled lightly at the boy’s comment. She already loved him greatly and would hate for Liam to fall apart in front of him. She couldn’t begin to imagine how hard and confusing it must have been for him to lose his mother at such a young age, and she would do whatever it took for him to still have his father – his sober father – with him at all times and hoped more than anything that Liam’s drinking would only be a one-time thing, although she knew that that would be easier said than done. She sighed lightly as she took a seat on the couch and waited, and waited, until finally Liam appeared back down the stairs. He exhaled lightly as he walked into the kitchen and opened his backpack and took out a six pack of beer and put them in the fridge, before taking one out for himself. He unscrewed the lid and threw it down into the sink before taking a rather large gulp and walking through to the living room where he took a seat on the chair next to the couch.

“What do you think you are doing?” Bianca questioned.

“Having a drink.” Liam sighed. “You’re already going to freak at me, so I figured there was no harm.”

Bianca shook her head in disbelief. “Where did you get that from?”

“I bought it at a shop.” Liam’s voice went higher as he spoke. “Can you believe it? I walked into a bottle shop and there was all this beer just waiting to be bought.”

“Do what you want tonight Liam.” Bianca shook her head, disgusted in the way Liam was behaving. “But first thing in the morning you are going to the police station and you’re going to tell them it was you who put Ryan in hospital.”

Liam laughed at Bianca’s words. “I don’t think so.”

“Yes you will, because Brax is getting the blame for this and I will not let an innocent man go down for this. So you’ll go.”

“I can’t.” Liam shook his head before he took another drink of his beer. “What about Ash?”

“The way it looks like you are going to go Ash would be better off without you.” Bianca spat coldly.

“Maybe. But I’m still not going.” Liam sighed.

“He’s you’re mate. He’s given you a job. You’re going. And if you don’t, then I will.” Bianca shouted before she stood up and ran off up the stairs, leaving Liam sitting in the living room. He exhaled lightly before he took another drink of his beer.

Bianca walked down the stairs with Bella and Ash walking down behind her. Bella ran straight to the kitchen table and climbed up onto her chair. Bianca looked down on the couch to see Liam lying across it, the six bottles of beer lying across the table and the floor, and a half drunken bottle of bourbon. “Hey, bud you want to go sit in the kitchen and I’ll get you breakfast sorted soon.” Ash looked down to Liam before he looked up at Bianca and nodded lightly, before doing as he was told and running into the kitchen. “Get up.” Bianca said as he hit Liam’s chest.

“Mmm get off.” Liam said as he batted his hand out.

“Liam get up now.” Bianca spat coldly.

Liam sighed lightly as he sat up on the couch and rubbed his aching forehead. He stood up and looked towards the kitchen, before he looked to the front door and walked in the direction of it before he opened it and walked out. Bianca sighed lightly as she picked up most of the bottles and walked into the kitchen and put them up on the worktop. She took a deep breath before she felt a slight tugging on her dress. She looked down to see Ash standing staring up at her with the remaining bottles in his hand. She smiled lightly at him as she took the bottles from him and put them on the worktop with the others. “Bee, don’t leave me.” Ash said as he desperately hung onto Bianca.

“Hey, bud I’m not going anywhere okay. I’m never going to leave you.” Bianca said as she pulled Ash from his grasp on her and bent down to his level. She looked into his frightened green eyes and exhaled lightly. “Bud, you have nothing to worry about.”

“But daddy is making you mad. I don’t want you to leave me too.”

“That’s not going to happen.” Bianca shook her head. “I’m afraid you’ll be stuck with me for life.” Bianca smiled as she lightly hit the end of his nose. Ash smiled lightly as he ran his hand around Bianca’s face.

“I love you Bee.” Ash said quietly. “You’re real nice.”

Bianca smiled as she ran her hand over Ash’s hair. “I love you too kiddo.”

“Bee.” Ash exhaled lightly as he looked up at her. “Why did my mummy leave me?”

“Aww sweetie she didn’t want to leave you.” Bianca shook her head. “She just had an unfortunate accident. But she’s up in heaven looking down on you now, and she’s so very very proud of how brave you've been.”

“But I miss seeing her.” Ash sighed.

Bianca felt herself choking up. She knew in reality, she was helpless in making the little boy feel better, but she wanted so badly to be able to do something to help. “I know you do. But hey, you’ve still got your daddy here and he loves you so very much. And now you have me and Bella too.”

“I knows.” Ash sighed. “Mummy used to make pancakes with syrup and fruit for breakfast on Wednesday’s.”

“Well pancakes with fruit and syrup it is.” Bianca smiled. Ash smiled lightly before he walked over to the fridge and pulled out the milk and eggs.

“I’ll help you.” Ash said as he ran over to Bianca, with a big grin on his face, the biggest smile that Bianca had seen on the boy since he came to live to them.

Xavier put Ruby’s suitcase in the car before closing the boot and turning to face his family. “So...we ready then?” Xavier asked.

“I guess.” Ruby answered.

“Why you go?” Paige sighed as she pulled on Ruby’s dress.

“Because we’ve got to get back to our real lives.” Ruby sighed. “We can’t be on holidays all the time.”

“You could.” Riley nodded. “It be fun.”

“Aww I know.” Ruby laughed. “But, hey, we’ll be back here soon, and guess what?”

“What?” Paige and Riley asked.

“We’ll be living here forever.”

“And ever and ever?” Riley smiled.

“We sure will be.” Xavier smiled down at the girls.

“Wow.” Paige grinned.

“You live with us again?” Jacob questioned.

“For a bit.” Ruby smiled. “But we will move into our own house.”

“Right you.” Charlie said as she pulled Ruby into a hug. “You be careful on this tour.”

“Oh don’t worry about that.” Xavier answered. “I’ll be making sure she will be. I got a very long list of things to do that’s best for the baby.”

“Oh God.” Ruby muttered and Charlie laughed lightly. “But hey the next time I see you I could even have a little biddy bump.” Ruby grinned as Charlie lightly rubbed her stomach.

“Yeah, well I’ll let you guys get going.” Charlie smiled as she gave Xavier a hug.

“See you in June.” Ruby grinned as she waved by to her mother and siblings, before she and Xavier got into the car and drove off to the city. Charlie sighed lightly as Jacob and Paige each took one of her hands.

“There not one for me.” Riley sighed as she stared up at her mother.

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “But once we walk Jacob to school, you can hold my hand all day.”

“Cool.” Riley giggled.

“Do I have to go to school?” Jacob sighed.

“Afraid so buddy.” Charlie nodded. “But after school, daddy and I have a big surprise for the 3 of you.”

“Oh what it be?” Paige asked.

“A surprise.” Jacob sighed as he shook his head at his little sister. “She can’t tell us.”

“No, I can’t.” Charlie laughed as she began to walk down the road with Paige and Jacob by her side and Riley skipping off in front of them.

Charlie took a drink of the juice before she picked her knife and fork back up and cut through the piece of chicken that was on her plate. Before she put it into her mouth she exhaled and dropped the knife and fork back onto the table. She looked around the restaurant. It was pretty quiet apart from a table of four sitting across at the other side. Irene, along with Bella had taken Paige and Riley out for a few hours, so Charlie and Brax were enjoying some time together, although they only had time for a quick lunch, as technically, Brax was working. “What’s wrong?” Charlie sighed lightly.

“Nothing.” Brax answered before taking a drink of his water.

“Brax, you haven’t said a word since I got here.” Charlie sighed.

“There’s nothing wrong.” Brax sighed. “So I haven’t spoken all the time, jeez.” Brax rolled his eyes before taking a bite of his steak.

“Brax you haven’t spoken at all.” Charlie sighed. “I’m only asking if you’re okay.”

“Sorry.” Brax said quietly. “It’s just all this stuff with Ryan. It’s getting to me.”

“I was kinda hoping he wouldn’t come up in conversation today.” Charlie replied. “But I guess right now It’s pretty inevitable.”

“No, you’re right.” Brax sighed. “Let’s try and have a nice lunch, without talking about him.”

“So, hows business been today?” Charlie asked.

“Quiet, so far.” Brax sighed. “But mid-week usually is.”

“Have you spoken to Liam since he...” Charlie trialled off, remembering they weren’t supposed to be taking about Ryan.

“No.” Brax shook his head. “He was gone by the time I got here last night and he hasn’t turned up for his shift today. I’ve tried calling him but it always just rings through to voicemail.”

“Oh. Maybe he’s gone to talk to the police?” Charlie questioned.

“Yeah, maybe.” Brax sighed lightly just as they heard a crashing sound. They turned their heads to the door to see Liam had stumbled into the restaurant, blind drunk, and fell into a table and chairs. Brax exhaled lightly before he stood up and walked over in the direction of Liam.

Thanks everyone. :)

Chapter 110

‘Sorry I need to stay at work, will have to send Liam home after he is refusing to sober up. Don’t have too much fun dog hunting without me.’ Charlie looked down at the text and exhaled lightly. Taking the kids to look at some puppies was supposed to be something they were going to do together as a family, and Charlie was slightly disappointed that he wasn’t able to make it anymore. “Mummy.” Riley sighed as she pulled on her hand.

“What sweetie?” Charlie asked as she looked down at her daughter.

“I ask when we going?”

“Once Jacob gets changed out of his school uniform.” Charlie replied as she put her phone back into her pocket.

“Where we going?” Paige asked as she looked up at her mother.

“I told you. It’s a surprise. You’ll see once we get there.”

“I know now?” Paige asked as she gave her mum the big puppy dog eyes.

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “And stop doing those eyes too.” Charlie looked away from her daughter, to stop herself from caving in and telling her. Riley and Paige both giggled as they both looked up to her with the same eyes.

“Ready.” Jacob smiled as he ran into the living room.

“Yey.” The girls cheered as they ran to the front door.

“Let go get surprise.” Paige cheered. Charlie smiled lightly as he grabbed her cars keys and left the house with the girls and Jacob. She got them loaded into the car and began the drive out to the farm, where a litter of Labrador puppies had been born 6 weeks previous.

“Mum.” Jacob said. “Where is dad?”

“He had to stay at work.” Charlie answered.

“But I thought Liam was doing tonight cos daddy did the morning.” Jacob sighed.

“Liam couldn’t make it to work today.” Charlie answered as she drove along the road.

“Ash said he was mad and had been drinking the adult juice.” Jacob replied. “Is that why he can’t work? If adults have too much of their juice they get sore heads.”

“Something like that.” Charlie replied softly.

“So I won’t see daddy today?” Jacob sighed.

“I don’t think so.” Charlie shook her head. “You’ll probably be in bed when he gets home.”

Jacob sighed lightly before he looked out the car window as the countryside rolled by. “Where are we going?”

“Is it a new beach?” Riley asked.

“No.” Charlie shook her head.

“A park?” Paige questioned.

“No.” Charlie replied as she turned up the driveway of the farm.

“It looks like a farm.” Jacob asked. “Are we going to see animals?”

“Ooo like sheeps?” Paige asked.

“We are going to see an animal yes.” Charlie nodded as she parked the car and turned off the ignition. She got out of the car and helped the twins out, before the 3 kids ran off up the track, excited to find out what they were going to see.

Brax walked into the house with Liam hanging on his shoulder. He lowered him to the couch and Liam let out a groan as he flung his head back. “Do me a favour mate and get me a beer.”

“I think you’ve had enough.” Brax answered.

“I’ll get it myself.” Liam slurred as he tried to stand up, but Brax pushed him back down to sitting.

“What’s going on here?” Bianca asked as she walked into the house, lying what she had in her hand down on the table.

“Babe grab me a beer.” Liam shouted over to her. Bianca sighed lightly as she shook her head at Liam before looking to Brax.

“He turned up to work in this state.” Brax explained. “I tried to sober him up, but he kept taking shots of things when I was busy.”

“Well thanks for trying.” Bianca exhaled as she walked towards the back door with Brax following after her. “I don’t know what’s gotten into him.”

“He’ll just be trying to cope with this. With Ryan....I’m sorry about what you remember...no one deserves that.” Bianca bowed her head down before she took a deep breath.

“I just hope he doesn’t let it get any worse.” Bianca sighed. “If not for me, for Ash. That kid has lost so much already I just...”

“Look I know it’s only been a couple of times he’s got drunk, but it’s going to be hard for him to stop now....the rehab place I went too it was great and if you want to, I can give you a brochure on it.”

“Thanks, but I think he’s been in rehab enough to know of a place.” Bianca exhaled lightly. “But hopefully it doesn’t come to that.”

“Yeah.” Brax nodded and Bianca sighed lightly as she looked through to the living room to see Liam was making his way up from the couch and heading towards them.

“Ash.” Liam shouted as he staggered through to the kitchen. “Bud....Ash....Ash.”

“He’s not here.” Bianca sighed.

“Where is he?” Liam asked as he held onto the chair for balance. “I was going to play Wii with him.”

“He’s at Irene’s.” Bianca answered sharply. “He and Bella are staying there for dinner.”

“Why?” Liam questioned as he made his way towards the fridge.

“Because she wanted to take them for the afternoon and give them their dinner.” Bianca sighed.

“Where’s the booze.” Liam asked as he angrily shut the fridge door.

“There’s none.” Bianca answered.

“Damn it, can’t you get anything?” Liam yelled as he lunged forward and grabbed Bianca by the arms.

“Liam.” Bianca shouted. “Let go of me.”

“Hey mate c’mon, calm down.” Brax shouted as he pulled Liam back. “Go wait for me outside.” Liam sighed as he staggered out of the house. Brax took a step forward and gently rubbed Bianca’s arm. “You alright?”

“Yeah.” Bianca said quietly and Brax noticed she was shaking.

“You sure?” Brax asked.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine.” Bianca smiled up at Brax.

“Well I’m sorry for bringing him home like that.” Brax said. “I should have sobered him up.”

“You said you tried. He obviously doesn’t want to be sober.” Bianca sighed lightly.

“I’ll take him back with me.” Brax said. “Sober him up.”

“How are you going to do that if you have a restaurant to run?” Bianca questioned.

“Robert came in to do Liam’s shift. He’ll be fine for a few hours. You know the change over from lunch to dinner is dead anyways.”

“No, Brax, don’t waste your time on him.” Bianca shook her head.

“I’m not leaving him here with you when he is in that aggressive mood.” Brax shook his head. “I’ll get him sobered up before I bring him home.”

Bianca gave Brax a thankful smile before she looked down towards the table. Brax followed her gaze and looked down at the photo of the young woman on the table. “Chelsea.” Bianca said softly. “Ash’s mum. We have a box of her stuff in garage for when he’s ready....when he’s older. To keep, too look through...I never want him to forget about her.” Bianca shook her head. “He’s was upset this morning. He’s knows something is going on with me and Liam...I just want him to feel....” Bianca trailed off. “I’m going to put it in a frame and give it to him. He can keep it in his room.”

“I’m sure he’ll love that.” Brax smiled. Bianca nodded lightly before she gave Brax a thankful smile before looking towards the door before letting the smile drop from her face. “It’ll all be okay. I promise you.” Brax gave her arm a reassuring tap before he left the house and took a very drunk Liam with him.

“Charlie and the kids were now standing outside the barn as a lady walked over to them. “Charlie I presume?” The lady shook her hand as Charlie nodded.

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled.

“So you kids ready to see these puppies?” The lady asked and all 3 of the kids looked up to Charlie with wide eyes.

“Wow, a puppy.” Riley grinned. “It the best surprise ever mummy.” Riley said as she wrapped her arms around her leg.

“We really going to get a puppy?” Jacob asked as he gave a little jump of excitement.

“Well we are having a look.” Charlie smiled as they walked into the barn, Jacob and Riley running excitedly over to the enclosure where the puppies were jumping around excitedly. Paige stayed back holding tightly onto Charlie’s hand, feeling a lot more wary than her siblings.

“Can I hold one?” Riley asked as she reached into the closed space and grabbed a puppy by the scruff of the neck.

“Riley Mae.” Charlie raised her voice. “You be careful.”

“She’s fine.” The lady smiled as she help Riley pick the puppy up. Riley sat down on the floor of the barn and giggled as the puppy licked her face and hands.

“It tickles.” Riley giggled. “It so cute.” The lady smiled as she picked up another two of the puppies and put them down in the barn and they started to chase each other around.

“Here puppy.” Jacob said as knelt down to the floor. One of them ran over to him and started jumping up and pulled on the tassle of his hoody. Jacob giggled as he began to pat the puppy.

“What kind is thems?” Riley asked.

“We have 3 boys and 4 girls.” The lady smiled as she watched the 3rd puppy making its way over to Charlie and Paige. Charlie knelt down on the floor and held her hand out, letting the dog sniff her scent. She smiled as the dog began to lick her hand. Paige let out a little whimper as she held tightly onto her mother and stepped further back, away from the puppy.

“Paige no be scared.” Riley giggled as she rolled about the barn floor, the puppy jumping all over her, enjoying the game.

“Theys all jumpy.” Paige said quietly.

“This one isn’t.” Charlie said as he held onto her daughter. “Try and clap him.”

Paige looked at her mother, unsure. She took a deep breath before she slowly stepped forward and very gently clapped the puppy. The puppy looked up at her and licked her hand, causing Paige to giggle. “I like this one.” Paige smiled.

“So, are many of these puppies already homed?” Charlie questioned.

“Three of the girls and one of the boys are.” The lady nodded. “So we have one girl and 2 boys left. The three that are out here, actually.”

“How you know if they boy or girl?” Riley asked as she continued to roll about with the puppy.

The lady looked to Charlie before looking back at Riley. “Well that black one playing with you is a boy. The yellow one with your brother is a girl and the black one with your sister is a boy.”

“I’s like this one best.” Riley said.

“No’s.” Paige shook her head. “This one.” Paige said as she sat clapping the puppy that was sitting calmly next to her.

“Mummy likes that one too.” Charlie smiled down at Paige.

“Yey.” Paige cheered. “We get this one then?”

“Can we take one home today?” Jacob asked as he looked up to Charlie while continuing to play with the puppy, that was now sitting on his knee, after falling asleep.

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “Not till they are 8 weeks old.”

“But we pick one then?” Jacob questioned.

“You can.” The lady nodded as she looked to Charlie. She should probably wait and talk to Brax about it, but they were just so damn cute, and he really wanted one anyways.

“Okay kids.” Charlie said. “Do we get the yellow girl puppy with or the black boy that Paige has?”

“No.” Riley shook her head. “The black boy I got.”

“Eh...” Charlie trailed off as she looked at the puppy Riley wanted. He was still running around like crazy, most likely because Riley was winding him up. “That one looks like a lot of hard work....a little too boisterous for us.”

“No boystrus good.” Riley said.

“You are enough.” Charlie laughed lightly. “Pick kids, black or yellow?”

“This one.” Paige said as she continued to clap the puppy.

“Yeah black then.” Riley sighed.

“You okay with that Jacob?” Charlie questioned.

“Yeah.” Jacob nodded. “Cos boy dogs are best anyways.” Jacob smiled as he put the yellow girl puppy he had back in the enclosure with the other puppies and walked over to Paige and sat down beside her and patted the dog.

“Okay, well we can sort everything out now, and you can come pick him up in 2 weeks, when they are ready to leave.”

“Sure.” Charlie smiled.

“I see our one.” Riley said as she stood up and pushed the puppy she was playing with forward and ran over to the one sitting with Paige and Jacob. The puppy followed her though and continued to jump up on her and lick her. The lady laughed lightly before she picked it up and took it back to the enclosure.

“So kids, you’ll need to think up a nice new name for this one.” The lady smiled as she watched the kids playing with the puppy before looking back to Charlie and started to sort everything out.

Archived