Forever Yours

Guest Danni02

Thanks Red Ranger 1, Jen1205, Samantha1, Sarah, pembie, CharlieAndBraxLover, Spotd1, Dingo x and JosieTash. :wub: Hope you like this next one.

Chapter 51

Charlie and Jacob walked across the garden to where Brax was sitting. “Daddy.” Jacob shrieked as he ran in front of Charlie and climbed up onto Brax’s knee.

“Hey mate.” Brax smiled. “This is a nice surprise. What you doing here?”

“I miss you this much.” Jacob said as he held his arms out as wide as he could.

“I miss you too.” Brax said before he looked up to Charlie who had taken a seat opposite him. “I thought we said we wouldn’t have the kids here?”

“He missed you and wanted to see you.” Charlie sighed. “I mean it would be a different story if you were in prison, but you know, rehab, it’s not as bad.”

“I guess.” Brax smiled lightly as he looked down to Jacob. “So buddy, how you been?”

“Good.” Jacob smiled. “Theses are new.” Jacob said as he pointed to his shorts and t-shirt.

“Aww you look very nice.” Brax smiled and Jacob nodded.

“Thems girls got lots of new dresses too.” Jacob smiled. “I no like the shopping but I like these.” Jacob smiled as he pulled at his t-shirt.

“They’re nice mate. Mummy been spoiling you?”

“Yeah.” Jacob smiled. “She spoil you if you come home.”

Charlie and Brax laughed at Jacob's comment. “I’m not so sure mate. I don’t think Daddy deserves any spoiling right now.”

“Yeah cos you sad so it’ll make you better.” Jacob said.

“Well we’ll see how good Daddy is when he comes home, hmm.” Charlie said and Jacob nodded.

“Ehm, about that, actually.” Brax said. “I eh....I decided to stay here another week.”

“What? Why? I thought you were fine to leave on Monday?” Charlie questioned.

“Well, I am, technically, but I’m just not feeling ready yet. And you know I want to be fully ready before coming back out into the world.” Brax answered.

“Makes sense I guess.” Charlie smiled lightly. “But another week with the 3 of them on my own.”

“I thought you said Bianca was helping?” Brax questioned.

“Well yeah, but she has a job and her own life too.” Charlie exhaled lightly.

“I helping Mummy.” Jacob smiled.

“Ah that’s good of you.” Brax smiled before looking back up to Charlie. “So, what else is going on in the bay? Missing much?”

“Nah.” Charlie shook her head. “Although I did get a visit from Xavier the other day.”

“Xavier? What did he want?”

“He wanted to ask you if he could work at the restaurant Thursday through Sunday to get some experience.”

“Oh right.” Brax nodded. “I’m pretty sure I could get something for him.”

“Great, I’ll let him know.” Charlie smiled.

“So, you having another day with Ruby this afternoon?” Brax questioned.

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “She’s heading to Melbourne for the weekend. Got a couple of gigs there.”

“Ah right.” Brax smiled lightly. “So, you’ve got Ruby’s 21st coming up next month, she going to be home for that?”

“I think so.” Charlie smiled. “At least she’ll be in Sydney for sure, I don’t know about her coming down to the bay.”

“Will be nice if she can get home.” Brax smiled and Charlie agreed. “So, not the only one with a birthday next month eh.”

Charlie shook her head. “I don’t celebrate my birthday anymore.” Charlie sighed.

“Aww what why?”

“I’m getting too old.” Charlie sighed.

“Babe you’re going to be 35 that’s not old.”

“It’s older than you.” Charlie sighed.

“Well yes, you’ll always be older than me.” Brax laughed. “And just for that, I’m going to throw you a huge party.”

“Don’t you dare.” Charlie shook her head.

“What you think Jacob, will we have a big party for Mummy’s birthday?”

“Yeah. A party.” Jacob nodded. “Wiff lots of cake.”

“Yeah and lots of candles on the cake too.” Brax teased.

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “No party. I mean it Brax.”

Brax laughed lightly as he looked down at his watch. “Just you wait.” Brax said. “Anyways. I’m going to have to go now.” Brax sighed as he stood up and put Jacob down on the ground, before bending down to his level. “You keep being a good boy and helping Mummy okay?”

“Yeah.” Jacob nodded as he gave Brax a hug. “Love you Daddy.”

“Ah I love you too Jakey.” Brax smiled as he hugged the boy. “And I love Mummy.” Brax smiled as he stood back up and smiled at Charlie.

“Love you too.” Charlie smiled softly as she gave Brax a hug. She smelt in his scent as she buried her face against his shoulder, not wanting to let go. Almost 3 weeks had passed since he went to rehab and she missed him so much. This, if anything, made her realise how much she loved him and wanted so badly to make their relationship work, once he’d got out of rehab.

“Mummy I need to go pee-pee.” Jacob said as he pulled on her top.

Charlie laughed lightly as she pulled back from Brax and looked up into his eyes. “I’ll see you soon.” Charlie smiled before she took Jacob’s hand in hers and Brax watched as he and Charlie walked off into the distance. He knew it would take some work, but knew it would be worth it. Charlie, Jacob and the girls were his whole life and he was going to make it work.

Ruby was walking along the street, making her way back to where she lived with Matt when she bumped into him. “Xavier.” Ruby smiled awkwardly. It was the first time they’d seen each other since their break up.

“Rubes, how’s it going?”

“Good.” Ruby smiled. “How about you?”

“Not bad.” Xavier said. “Guess you’re keeping busy?”

“Yeah.” Ruby nodded. “I’m just actually heading home to get my suitcase. We’re about to fly out to Melbourne.”

“Oh, what’s on there?” Xavier questioned.

“We’re just playing a few gigs.” Ruby smiled. “So what brings you to this part of town?”

“Ashley, a mate from uni lives around this way.” Xavier said.

“Oh...Ashley.” Ruby nodded lightly, for some reason feeling slightly jealous.

“Yeah, so eh I saw you on the TV the other day.” Xavier said. “How could you Ruby? Did I not mean anything to you?”

“Xav, I’m sorry.” Ruby shook her head. “I had to tell them. They asked me and I guess it would get out there eventually and its better coming from me as it would be the truth, right?”

“Yeah.” Xavier nodded.

“I mean, I didn’t say anything bad and I said I still loved you and that I knew you’d do great at being a chef, how you can be mad with that?”

“I’m not.” Xavier shook his head. “I’m talking about how you and Matt are screwing each other.”

“Xavier.” Ruby raised her voice. “What makes you think that?”

“It was obvious.” Xavier sighed. “I know you Rubes. I know you’ve at least slept with him the once. How can you move on so quickly?”

“What about you?” Ruby questioned. “You’re off to meet this Ashley chick.”

“Ashley is a dude.” Xavier answered. “It can be a boy’s name too you know.”

“Oh.” Ruby bowed her head down.

“Yeah oh.” Xavier said. “You know here’s me struggling to begin to move on. Thinking every day that I made a mistake and wanting so much to call you up and ask if you wanted to try this again, but knowing you’ve not even waited a few weeks to jump into bed with someone else. Shows how much I really meant to you.” Xavier shook his head as he felt tears forming in his eyes.

“Xav I love you so much and I would love us to get back together.”

“No.” Xavier shook his head. “I don’t believe you. You slept with him Ruby. You wouldn’t go sleeping with someone else if you wanted to get back with me.”

“Please Xav, just give me this chance and -”

“No.” Xavier shook his head. “You’ve just ruined any chance of us ever reuniting.” Xavier said. “Good luck with the career. Shame I can’t wish you any luck in your new relationship.” Xavier said before he started to walk away from Ruby.

“Xav, wait.” Ruby shouted, but Xavier picked up the pace and began walking away faster. Ruby sighed lightly before she wiped the tear from her eye and walked the rest of the way home.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all so very much :wub:

Chapter 52

Charlie walked into the house to find Bianca lying down on the couch. “Bee-Bee.” Jacob giggled. “You ‘aving a nap?”

“Bee-Bee’s not feeling too great.” Bianca said as she sat up on the couch as Jacob climbed up and gave her a hug.

“Oh what’s wrong?” Jacob said sounding very concerned for his Auntie.

“I just feel a bit off.” Bianca sighed. “A bit sick.”

“Oh I’s no like being sick.” Jacob shook his head.

“Me either.” Bianca shook her head as she reached forward and took a drink of her water.

“Ah I’m sorry.” Charlie said as she sat down on the chair. “I hope the girls weren’t too much trouble for you then?”

“Paige is a little star.” Bianca smiled. “Riley....” Bianca shook her head. “She cried for almost an hour straight.”

“Riley always cries.” Jacob said. “She not right ay no Mummy.”

“No, she has colic.” Charlie said and Jacob nodded.

“Colic yes that’s it.” Jacob nodded. “That why she cries.”

“Sorry she’s been giving you a hard time.” Charlie said. “You look like you need your bed.”

“I don’t feel the best.” Bianca shook her head. “But, how was Brax today?”

“I saw Daddy.” Jacob smiled.

“Yeah.” Bianca smiled down at the boy. “How was he?”

“Happy he see’d me and Mummy.” Jacob smiled.

“Not too bad.” Charlie answered. “He wants to stay an extra week, which I guess will probably be best for him, but it does give me more work here.”

“Well I’m still around to help.” Bianca smiled.

“If you’re not sick, you mean?” Charlie questioned. “I don’t want to bother you if you are coming down with something.”

“Hopefully it’s just a 24 hour thing.” Bianca sighed. “But seriously, I’ll still be about for you as much as I can. Especially if Brax isn’t going to be home for another week now.”

“Thanks, you’re a great friend Bianca.” Charlie smiled.

“No problem. I know you’d do the same if I was in this situation.” Bianca smiled. “So, is Brax going to move back in here straight away or are you going to work on things first then let him move back in?”

“I haven’t really thought about that.” Charlie shook her head. “I guess if he moved back in it would be easier on me in terms of having someone else here for the kids, but I don’t want to rush things either. Maybe it would be best to have some space. Might help us work on this better.”

“Well I’m sure it will just all fall into place.” Bianca smiled.

“Yeah, I’m sure it will.” Charlie smiled as she stood up. “Now how about I let you get home for a lie down?”

“Sounds good.” Bianca smiled as she stood up. “Bye Jacob.” Bianca ruffled the little boy’s hair before placing a kiss on his forehead.

“No Bianca no kiss me.” Jacob shook his head as he wiped his forehead. “I no’s want to be sick too.” Jacob sighed before jumped down from the couch and disappeared off to his room. The adults laughed at the young boy before Charlie walked Bianca over to the door.

Ruby and Matt walked into the hotel room and placed their suitcases down on the floor. Ruby walked across the room and opened the balcony doors and went to stand outside. “Melbourne is just beautiful isn’t it?” Matt smiled as he walked outside and wrapped his arms around Ruby and placed a kiss on her neck. Ruby shrugged him off her and stepped to the side.

“You should probably go to your room. I want start getting ready for tonight.”

“Rubes, we still have like 7 hours before the gig.” Matt laughed.

“Well then I want to be alone so can you please leave?” Ruby shouted. “Go to your own room.”

“Oh, well I could go to my room.” Matt grinned as he pulled Ruby closer to him again. “Or, I could just stay here, no-one would ever know.”

“Seriously, you should go.”

“Babe what’s wrong?” Matt asked as he kissed Ruby softly on the lips, hoping this would bring her out of her mood.

“No, don’t.” Ruby shook her head as she pulled back. “Can you please just leave me alone?”

“Rubes, what’s wrong?” Matt asked, concerned.

“Nothing.” Ruby shook her head. “I just want to get ready that’s all.”

“Seriously.” Matt sighed. “Rubes, you’ve hardly said a word the whole way here.”

“So I’m just not in the best of moods, is that a crime?” Ruby spat.

“No.” Matt shook his head. “Do you want to tell me what’s wrong?”

“No, you already causing me enough trouble so just get out my room and go to your own.”

“Rubes I don’t get it, what’s wrong?”

“Just get out.” Ruby yelled. Matt sighed lightly before doing as he was asked. Ruby started to cry as she walked back into her room and lay down on the bed. She held onto her necklace tightly as the tears rolled down her cheeks. She took a deep breath before she took her necklace off and opened the little heart shaped locket to see a picture of Xavier looking back up at her. She placed her thumb over the picture as a tear rolled down her cheek. She pulled her mobile out of her pocket and scrolled down to Xavier’s name. Hovering her finger over the call button she took a deep breath, deciding whether or not it would be a good idea. Sighing lightly she threw her phone down on the bed before she wiped the tears from her eyes and walked in the direction of the bathroom.

Charlie walked back through the living room and took a seat on the couch, exhaling lightly as she finally got some time to herself. The girls had been fed and put down to sleep, and Jacob was in his bedroom playing with his pirate ship happily alone. As she saw her phone flashing indicating someone was calling her she sighed lightly and thought twice about answering, but when she saw it was Ruby she decided to accept the call. “Hey, sweetie how’s -”

“I’m been trying to call you all afternoon.” Ruby cried. “Why haven’t you been answering your phone?”

“Hey, Rubes, what’s wrong?”

“What took you so long to answer?” Ruby asked again.

“Sorry, I was playing with Jacob, then I had the girls to sort, I left my phone in the living room and it’s on silent.”

“But I’ve needed you.” Ruby cried.

“Well you could have tried the landline.” Charlie said, but was met with cries from Ruby. “Ruby tell me what’s wrong.” Charlie said feeling very concerned for her eldest daughter.

“I don’t want to do this anymore.” Ruby cried. “I just want to be back with Xavier.”

“Darling you and Xavier agreed it would be easiest to break up.”

“But I ran into him this morning and it made me see I shouldn’t be doing anything with Matt. He could see something was going on from that interview and he was crushed that I could move on so quickly and thinks I don’t love him but I do. I love him so much and just want so much to make things work with him but I don’t know how too and then there Matt’s who I do like, but it’s not what I could have with Xavier and -”

“Ruby.” Charlie interrupted. “You’ve gotta calm down sweetie.”

“But I don’t know what I want.” Ruby cried. “I’m so confused. I love Xavier so much, but Matt is really great and I like him, I do like him.”

“Look Rubes, I think you need to stop doing anything with Matt right now, because feelings will only develop further and then if you want to get back with Xavier eventually it will only make things harder. So just end whatever it is you have going on with Matt and take your time to work through all your feelings and you’ll know what’s right.”

“Can’t you just tell me if I should be Xavier or Matt?” Ruby questioned.

“No. Rubes, you need to make this decision on your own. Only you know what you want to do.”

“But I don’t know what to do.” Ruby cried. “Mum I need you. Please come to Melbourne.”

“Sweetheart I can’t come to Melbourne.” Charlie said softly.

“Yes you can.” Ruby cried. “You just go to the airport and jump on a plane.”

“And what about Jacob and the girls?” Charlie asked. “Rubes, you know I would if I could, but it’s just not possible sweetie.”

“But I need you too.” Ruby cried.

“Look, I can’t come to Melbourne.” Charlie said. “You just need -”

“But I really need to see you.” Ruby cried. “I don’t even know if I want to have this career anymore.”

“Look, how about we go on skype?” Charlie questioned. “I know it’s not the same as me being there for you, but it’s surely the next best thing? You know that way you’ll at least see me and we’ll have a good talk about all this, yeah?”

“Okay.” Ruby nodded as she wiped the tears from her face. “You have to go on right away though.”

“I promise.” Charlie said. “I’m getting the laptop out right now.”

“Okay.” Ruby cried. “I’ll talk to you again soon.” Charlie sighed lightly as she hung up the phone, before taking the laptop out of the drawer in the living room cabinet. Hoping she was able calm down her daughter.

Thanks everyone. :wub: Hope you like this next one. :P

Chapter 53

Charlie walked into the diner ready to meet Bianca for a coffee. “Hey Bee-Bee.” Jacob smiled as he jumped up onto the chair.

“Hey buddy.” Bianca smiled. “How are you?”

“Not good.” Jacob shook his head. “Not good Bee-Bee.”

“Oh and what’s wrong?” Bianca questioned.

“Not happy with Mummy.” Jacob announced before he scowled at Charlie, who was sitting opposite him, holding Paige in her arms.

“Oh what’s Mummy done?” Bianca asked.

“She no let me gets a pet.” Jacob pouted.

“He wants a snake.” Charlie raised her voice. “A snake, Bianca.”

“Thems are cool.” Jacob sighed.

“You’re not getting a pet snake.” Charlie shook her head. “Now maybe a hamster or guinea pig or a rabbit, yes, but not a snake.”

“No, snakes are best.” Jacob pouted.

“Jacob you are not getting a snake. End of discussion.”

“What about a lizard or a monkey...oh a monkey.” Jacob smiled.

“You’re a big enough monkey.” Charlie laughed.

“Wells what can I get?” Jacob sighed.

“I told you...a rabbit, a hamster, a guinea pig, you could get a goldfish.” Charlie smiled.

“A fish.” Jacob shrieked. “And we could put a treasure chest and a pirate ship in the bowl. Ahh I want a fish Mummy.”

“Okay, a goldfish it is.” Charlie smiled. “So, Bianca how are you feeling today?”

“Yeah I feel okay now.” Bianca smiled. “I was a little bit sick this morning, but it seems to have passed now.” Charlie smiled lightly and was about to reply when her mobile phone beeping distracted her. She pulled it from her bag and looked at the screen to see she had a message from Ruby. “Everything alright?”

“Yeah, eh, that’s was Ruby.” Charlie said. “She phoned me yesterday in a right state about things. I think I managed to calm her down a bit, but that was her asking if it was okay if she came home for a few days once she gets back from Melbourne.”

“Aww that’ll be nice.” Bianca smiled.

“Yeah, she was pretty upset. Talking about giving up her career. I just hope I made her see what she’s got is great and she shouldn’t make any rash decisions.”

“Oh wow.” Bianca exhaled. “Why does she want to give it up already?”

“Something to do with wanting Xavier.” Charlie exhaled lightly. “I think she feels if she gives up her career she and Xavier will get back to what they had.”

“Well maybe, but what about a few years down the line she might start to resent him for what she gave up for him.”

“I know and I told her that and that she really needs to think about what she wants.” Charlie said as she replied to the text before putting her phone back into her bag. “Now, baby, you’re not going to give Mummy lots of trouble like your big sister did, are you?” Charlie cooed as she looked down to Paige. Paige looked up at Charlie with her big blue eyes and studied her face. She let out a gurgle as she kicked her arms and leg before she smiled at her mother. “I’m going to take that as a no.” Charlie cooed.

“Funny, I would have thought that would mean yes.” Bianca teased.

“If any of them are going to give me problems it’ll be that little madam in there.” Charlie said as she pointed to the pram where Riley was lying.

“Aww does Mummy think you are a little madam.” Bianca cooed as she looked into the pram to see Riley was beginning to wake. “Well Auntie Bianca would never say such a thing about you.” Bianca shook her head as she lifted her into her arms and placed her down on her knee. “She wouldn’t.” Bianca cooed as she looked down at Riley.

“We’ll see who’s right.” Charlie laughed.

“Mummy when I get my goldfishes?” Jacob asked.

“We’ll go to the store later today.” Charlie answered and Jacob smiled excitedly as Colleen came over to the table to take their order.

Jacob rested his hands on the tank, as he pressed his face down and looked in at all the fish. “Jakey, don’t do that.” Charlie pulled him back as Jacob continued to look at the fish with a big grin on his face.

“Look at all thems fishes.” Jacob grinned. “They’re cool.”

“Hello.” The shop assistant smiled. “Can I help you?”

“We want some fishes.” Jacob smiled as he looked up at the teenage girl.

“Oh is someone getting a present?” The girl asked and Jacob shook his head.

“No thems are just for me.” Jacob answered.

Charlie and the girl laughed. “We just want a goldfish.” Charlie answered. “We’ll need the bowl, and stones for the bottom, and food all that stuff too.”

“Okay.” The girl smiled. “Well would you like you pick your fish first?” The girl asked and Jacob nodded excitedly as he looked in the tank.

“That one.” Jacob said as he pointed to the fish. “And that one and that one.”

“Jakey, you just need one.” Charlie said.

“But Mummy it’ll be lonely on its own.” Jacob sighed and Charlie raised her eyebrows.

“Okay, you can have two.” Charlie said.

“That one.” Jacob smiled as he pointed to another fish and the girl fished it out and put it into the bag, before they walked through the pet shop and got everything else they needed for the fish.

“So what colour lid would you like on the tank mate?” The girl asked as she looked down at Jacob who was busy looking at the fish tanks.

“I likes this one.” Jacob smiled as he pointed to the round tank with a green base and lid.

“Okay, that one it is.” The girl smiled.

“Can we get this Mummy?” Jacob asked as he picked up a little treasure chest and a sunken ship. “And these.” Jacob said as he picked up the little green plants.

“Sure.” Charlie nodded as she took them from her son. “We just need some fish food.” Charlie smiled and Jacob ran around the shop excitedly looking for the fish food. “It’s here, Jacob.” Charlie said as she picked up a tub.

“We ready?” Jacob asked and Charlie nodded as she walked over to the counter and paid for everything.

“What do you say to the girl?” Charlie asked as she looked down at Jacob, who was carefully holding onto his bag of fish.

“Thank you.” Jacob smiled. “And Thank you Mummy.” Jacob said as he gave Charlie a big hug.

“Ruby.” Jacob grinned excitedly as he ran to the door and jumped up to hug her. “You home. You really home.”

“Hey lil guy.” Ruby smiled as she lifted him into a hug.

“You come see my fishes.” Jacob smiled as he pointed toward the kitchen. Ruby walked into the kitchen and looked up at the first tank that sat on the windowsill.

“Ah wow.” Ruby smiled. “When did you get these?”

“Eh...Mummy?” Jacob looked to Charlie, who walked into the room from checking on the girls.

“Yes baby?”

“When I get my fishes?” Jacob questioned.

“A couple of days ago.” Charlie answered.

“A couple days ago.” Jacob repeated. “That one is Capin Jack and that one is Capin Hook.” Jacob smiled as he told his sister the names for his fish.

“Ah cool names Jake.” Ruby smiled lightly as she put him down on the floor before he disappeared off to his bedroom.

“Hey, sweetie.” Charlie smiled as she pulled Ruby into a hug. “How are you feeling?”

“A bit better than the other night.” Ruby sighed. “But I still don’t know what I should do.”

“Well I’m not surprised.” Charlie sighed as she picked up the cardboard box and placed it down on the table. “It’s a big decision you’re going to make here and I don’t think it is something that you can decide on too quickly.” Charlie said as she opened the fridge and took out the bottle of white wine and the four bottles of beer and placed them into the box, before opening the cupboard and taking out the half drunken bottle bourbon and putting it in the box also.

“What you doing?” Ruby questioned as she watched her Mother.

“Brax gets out of Rehab over the weekend.” Charlie answered and Ruby nodded understandingly.

“Makes sense to get rid of the booze then.” Ruby said. “Can you believe he’s been there almost 4 weeks already?”

“Seems so much longer to me.” Charlie sighed.

“You’ve really missed him haven’t you?” Ruby asked and Charlie nodded lightly.

“Yeah.” Charlie answered. “But the kids are just such hard work, and there are 3 of them.” Charlie said as her eyes widened.

“Look why don’t you go over to Bianca’s with your box of booze and have a nice night with her. I’ll watch the kids and give you break.”

“Or I could put Jacob to bed and we could open this bottle of wine and have a chat?”

“No.” Ruby shook her head. “Because I don’t know what I want to say yet. You should go and have a nice night with Bianca, seriously, go on.” Ruby smiled.

“If you’re sure?” Charlie questioned and Ruby nodded.

“Yeah, we'll talk tomorrow.” Ruby said.

“Okay.” Charlie smiled as she picked up the box of the booze. “The girls will probably wake for a feed in around an hour, but the milk is in the fridge. Jake has been bathed and stuff so all you need to do is read him a story and put him to bed in about half an hour.”

“Sure. Have a nice night.” Ruby smiled as she watched her Mum walk out of the house.

Thanks everyone. :wub: I hope you like this next one..... :unsure:

Chapter 54

Charlie knocked on the door of Bianca’s house and waited for an answer. “Charlie.” Bianca said quietly as she opened the door. “What brings you here?”

“Brax is getting out of rehab over the weekend and I wanted to get rid of all the booze in the house, so...” Charlie smiled as she lifted the box higher for Bianca to see.

“Oh eh....I don’t really feel like drinking.” Bianca shook her head.

“You okay?” Charlie questioned. “You look a bit pale?”

“I’m just feeling a bit off.” Bianca cleared her throat. “I was about to head for an early night.”

“Oh. Okay, well do you want to take this for another time? I mean I can’t take it back to my house.”

“Eh...I don’t think I’ll be...” Bianca said before she broke down into tears.

“Hey. Bianca.” Charlie said as she stepped into the house and placed the box down on the kitchen worktop before she pulled her into a hug. “What’s wrong?”

“I...I’m pregnant.” Bianca cried.

“What...but...Bianca Scott have you been keeping a secret lover from me?” Charlie asked as she pulled back and looked down to her friend.

Bianca shook her head as she wiped the tears from her cheek. “I don’t even remember having sex.”

“Bianca.” Charlie sighed as she rubbed her friends arm. “Are you really sure you’re pregnant?” Bianca nodded lightly as she took Charlie’s hand and dragged her to the bathroom. She reached into the bin and pulled out the pregnancy tests that she’d taken throughout that day.

“Seven positive tests.” Bianca cried as she laid the tests out across the bathtub.

“Okay....well it’s not necessarily a bad thing.” Charlie said. “I mean you’ve made no secret that you want kids and you’re great with my ones, I think you’d be a great Mum.”

“But this wasn’t how it was supposed to happen.” Bianca cried. “I was supposed to be in a loving committed relationship. I can’t do this alone.”

“Hey, you’re not going to be alone.” Charlie shook her head. “You’ve got April and Irene, and then there’s me. God knows I owe you a lot of help after all you’ve done for me and my kids. And Brax will be around.”

“Oh God Brax.” Bianca shook her head as she pursed her lips together. “He’s the only guy I remember talking too.”

“What?” Charlie questioned.

“This obviously happened that night of the hen party. Brax is only guy I remember talking too and he...he walked me home...and he...he came into the house.” Bianca cried as she shook her head.

“Are you trying to tell me you slept with Brax?” Charlie asked as she felt herself building up with anger and felt tears forming in her eyes.

“Yes....no....yes...maybe....I don’t know.” Bianca shook her head. “But I remember we had a conversation earlier that day about how we both hadn’t had any....you know....in a while and I dunno I guess we were both feeling frustrated....maybe we did....” Bianca cried as Charlie shook her head in disbelief.

“I eh...I need to go.” Charlie cried before she stood up and ran from the house.

Charlie walked back into her house, to find Ruby pacing slowly back and forward, singing softly as Riley was lying in her arms. “Hey, Rubes.” Charlie forced a smiled as she wiped her eyes. “She okay?”

“She would only stop crying when I started to sing.” Ruby laughed lightly as she looked up to her Mother. “Hey, what’s wrong? You’ve been crying.”

“Oh...I eh...I just stubbed my toe.” Charlie said, making up the first thing that came into her head. “You know how much that hurts.”

“You stubbed your toe?” Ruby screwed her face up in disbelief. “And where exactly did you do that?”

“Just now, as I walked in the house.” Charlie lied.

“Right, you want to try telling me the truth this time?” Ruby said not believe her Mother even for a second. Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked down to Riley, who was now asleep in her sister’s arms.

“I’ll eh....I’ll go put Riley down and we can talk about you hey.” Charlie smiled lightly as she took her daughter into her arms.

“Mum, what’s wrong?” Ruby questioned. “Why aren’t you at Bianca’s and why have you been crying?”

“She wasn’t in.” Charlie shook her head as she walked through to the nursery and placed Riley down in her cot. She took a deep breath as she ran her hand gently over her daughter’s forehead. Looking down at Riley was like looking at Brax. She was her Daddy’s double. “Aww baby, what’s your Daddy done?” Charlie cried. “We can get past this alcohol addiction, I know we can, but....possibly sleeping with my best friend....if this happened....there’s no going back.” Charlie spoke quietly as she watched her daughter sleeping. “Aww sweetie.” Charlie shook her head as she continued to look down to her daughter. A lone tear rolled down her cheek as she thought about what may soon happen to their family. The twins weren’t even 3 months old yet, and their family might be about to break apart.

“Brax and Bianca had sex?” Ruby said sounding surprised as she walked into the room. Charlie looked up at her and pulled a face.

“What?” Charlie questioned. “What makes you -”

“I heard you on the baby monitor.” Ruby sighed. “Mum, what’s going on? Please talk to me.”

Charlie exhaled lightly as she shook her head. “Bianca’s pregnant.” Charlie cried. “She thinks....Brax is the only one she remembers being with that night...she....” Charlie trailed off as she broke down.

“Aww Mum.” Ruby shook her head as she walked forward and pulled her Mother into a hug.

“I just....I can’t believe they would do this to me.”

“Do we know for sure it happened?” Ruby questioned.

“Well no.” Charlie shook her head. “But she’s pregnant. She’s had sex with someone.”

“Well just because she was with Brax that night it doesn’t necessarily mean it was with him.”

“He walked her home. He went into the house.” Charlie shook her head as more tears fell. “They’d been talking about how long it had been since either of them had done it.”

“Look I know how this looks, but let’s not get yourself all worked up when you don’t know the full story yet.” Ruby said softly as she continued to hold her tearful Mother.

“She didn’t have to say it.” Charlie shook her head. “It was written all over her face that she thinks Brax is the Father.”

“Okay, but Bianca was drunk and can’t remember, right?” Ruby asked and Charlie nodded lightly. “So, why don’t you wait till Brax gets home and talk to him and see if he remembers anything.”

“You think he’ll really tell me if he did?” Charlie questioned. “You think he’ll admit to sleeping with my best friend and getting her pregnant? We have 11 week old twins and a toddler. Do you think he is going to admit to doing something that’s going to cause him to lose all that? To break up our family?”

“Well are you not sort of broken up anyways?” Ruby questioned and Charlie sighed lightly. “Look, I don’t know.” Ruby shook her head. “I’m just saying I don’t think you need to get yourself so worked up until you talk to Brax and hear what he has to say.”

“And what if he says the one thing I don’t want him too?” Charlie questioned. “What if he says.....what if it did happen?”

“I don’t know.” Ruby shook her head. “Only you can decide that.”

Thank you all so much. :wub:

Chapter 55

“Mum.” Ruby said. “Mum, can you open the door?” After a while the door opened slightly and Ruby smiled at Mother as she walked into the room, handing Charlie the mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows that she’d made for her. Charlie gave Ruby a thankful smile as they sat down on the bed. “So when did you start buying marshmallows for the hot chocolate again?” Ruby grinned as she took a drink of hers.

“Jacob likes mashmarlows in his hot cocoa.” Charlie smiled lightly.

“Mashmarlows. That kid is so fricken cute.” Ruby grinned. “And while we are talking about Jacob, you let him get a pet and not me? You know how much I wanted a kitten growing up.”

“Well technically it wasn’t my say when you were little. Mum and Dad were your parents so it was up to them.” Charlie exhaled lightly. “And they’re goldfish. I mean you feed them every now and then change the water every so often....easy.”

“I guess.” Ruby smiled lightly. “So, what you thinking now?”

“You’re right.” Charlie exhaled lightly. “I need to listen and...I need to hear Brax’s side of the story. See what he thinks....say’s happened. I know there’s a chance that they didn’t sleep together, but so far everything is pointing to them sleeping together. They were drunk, he walked her home, he went into her house...” Charlie trailed off as she felt herself welling up with tears.

“So, if this did happen....can you -”

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “If this happened, we’re over. Me and Brax....Me and Bianca....there’d be no going back. It’s like a double betrayal. My best friend and my partner. I mean, seriously, how can I forgive that?”

“It would be really hard too.” Ruby said quietly. “Especially with Bianca being pregnant.”

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “If he’s the Father of her baby then....she’s welcome to him.” Charlie shook her head as a tear rolled down her cheek. “Cos he’s sure as hell not going to be living here with me.”

“It just seems a shame to ruin what you’ve got on a drunken night.”

“So you’re saying it’s okay just because they were drunk?” Charlie questioned. “Being drunk is no excuse and if they slept together then me and Brax are over and as for Bianca, I couldn’t care if I ever saw her again.”

“So you’d still want to see Brax?” Ruby questioned.

“For the children, yes.” Charlie nodded. “We’d get on for their sake, but nothing more...anyways, enough talking about me.” Charlie exhaled lightly. “How about you? Have you thought about what you want yet?”

Ruby shook her head lightly. “I know I need to end things with Matt.” Ruby sighed. “But as for my career and Xavier.” Ruby shook her head lightly. “I have no idea.”

“Well it is a big choice that you’re wanting to make, so don’t rush it.” Charlie said as she pulled Ruby closer to her and wrapped her arm around her.

“Just like you shouldn’t rush anything with Brax, you mean?” Ruby questioned.

“Ruby.” Charlie sighed. “I’m not going to forgive him if he’s slept with Bianca, okay. And there’s going to be a child...it would be too hard.”

“Won’t it be hard to not be with him though?” Ruby asked.

“Of course it will.” Charlie sighed. “But Rubes you can’t seriously expect me to forgive this?”

“No of course not.” Ruby answered. “I dunno.....I guess I’m just shocked.”

“You’re shocked?” Charlie questioned. “Ruby I’m....” Charlie trailed off as she shook her head. “Let’s just wait till I talk to Brax.”

“Yeah, probably a good idea.” Ruby smiled lightly before she took a drink of her hot chocolate.

Brax walked into the house and placed his suitcase down in the hallway. “Charlie...Charlie?” Brax shouted.

“Hi.” Charlie said quietly as she appeared in the hallway.

“Hey.” Brax smiled as he walked forward and pulled Charlie into a hug. Charlie pushed back right away as she looked away from Brax. “What have you been doing? I thought you were going to pick me up from rehab?” Brax said and Charlie just stared at him blankly. “I was worried something happened to you or the kids. I tried calling but -”

“The kids are fine. Ruby has taken them to the beach.” Charlie said, not making eye contact with Brax.

“Ruby’s home?” Brax smiled. “When did that happen?”

“A few days ago.”

“Ah that’s great. How long is she home for?” Brax questioned. Charlie shrugged her shoulders as she pursed her lips together trying to stop a tear from falling.

“Did you do it?” Charlie questioned. “Did you sleep with her?” Charlie asked close to tears.

“What? Sleep with who? Baby I would never cheat on you.” Brax shook his head, feeling rather confused.

“Bianca is pregnant.” Charlie said coldly. “She thinks you’re the father.”

“Me?” Brax shook his head. “Charlie, no, we haven’t slept together. She must be mistaken.”

“So, you didn’t walk her home or go into her house around 5 weeks ago? The night she had that hen party and you went out and got wasted because Casey had died?”

“Well yeah...” Brax rubbed the back of his head. “But we didn’t....I don’t remember it anyways.” Brax shook his head. “Parts of that night are a blur I mean I don’t remember some of it, but surely I’d remember having sex.”

“Bianca doesn’t.” Charlie shook her head. “And you were pretty drunk.”

“You think this happened?” Brax questioned. “You don’t trust me?”

“After what’s happened here the last couple of months?” Charlie questioned. “Brax you two were together talking that night, you walked her home and went inside.” Charlie said as a tear rolled down her cheek. “You have to see how this looks for me.”

“I know and I do.” Brax said. “But I....we were talking...then I walked her home...she asked me in for a drink...I remember having a beer, but she didn’t drink, she’d had enough....but then the next thing I remember is coming into the house and falling asleep on the couch.”

“So neither of you can remember.” Charlie shook her head. “What am I supposed to do, Brax?” Charlie questioned. “Because I don’t know what to do. My best friend could be pregnant with your child.” Charlie shook her head as a tear rolled down her cheek. “Are we supposed to just carry on like nothing’s happened? Wait till the baby is born and get a DNA test that proves you’re the father then break up? Or do we end this now only to find once the baby gets here that you’re not the father and we wasted what....9 months of our lives being apart when we could have been together?”

“We don’t ever need to break-up, Charlie.” Brax shook his head. “We can -”

“Oh but we do.” Charlie spat. “If you slept with Bianca....we’re finished.”

“Well while I’m pretty sure we didn’t, I guess I can’t say for definite that we didn’t.” Brax shook his head as he felt himself tearing up. “So what are we supposed to do?”

“I don’t know.” Charlie cried. “I just asked you that.”

“Well what if like you said, you end things with me, only for me not to be the father. We will have wasted so many months when we could have been together and happy and in love and being a family with Jacob and the girls.”

“But if you are the father it’ll hurt even more that we stayed together, that we just continued on like nothing had happened, only for this baby to come along and tear us apart.”

“I’d want to be in the kid’s life.” Brax said honestly. “I’d be the best father I could to that child but that doesn’t mean that I’d need to give up you and the kids.” Brax shook his head lightly.

Charlie laughed lightly. “So you’d expect me to just forgive you for having a baby with my best friend? It was just a drunken one night stand that didn’t mean anything, so I shouldn’t worry too much about it?”

“If you’re going to be worried about me and Bianca hooking up, you don’t need to be.” Brax shook his head. “I think she is great, she’s a top woman, but I don’t have a romantic interest in her.”

“That supposed to make me feel better?” Charlie questioned. “The fact remains that it’s looking very likely that you two had sex and made a baby.” Charlie shook her head as the tears rolled down her cheek.

“So, what.....what do you want to do?” Brax questioned. Charlie exhaled lightly as she pursed her lips together and went to reply.

Thanks everyone. :wub: Hope you like this next one. :unsure:

Chapter 56

Jacob was sitting on the kitchen worktop looking at his fish swimming around in the bowl. “Theys like to swim.” Jacob grinned. “Do theys never sleep?”

“I don’t know, Jacob.” Charlie shook her head.

“Well theys must.” Jacob gave a nod of his head. “Theys can’t be awake all the times.”

Charlie laughed lightly at her son. “Put a little bit of food in.” Jacob smiled as he poured some food into the fish bowl before he sat and watched, and waited, for the fish to start eating.

“Capin Jack is hungry.” Jacob giggled. Charlie smiled lightly as she lifted her son down to the floor. “So Mummy, when will Daddy be home now?”

“I’m not sure sweetie.” Charlie shook her head.

“I miss him too much.” Jacob said as he pulled a sad face. Charlie smiled lightly as she bent down to her son’s level and pulled him closer to her.

“Daddy misses you too and I promise you’ll see him real soon, okay.”

“Really promise?” Jacob questioned.

“Yeah, I really promise.” Charlie smiled lightly before she gave her son a hug.

“Okay, I go to play.” Jacob smiled before he ran off out of the kitchen.

“You know you are going to need to tell him at one point, right?” Ruby said. Charlie sighed lightly as she stood back and looked at her eldest daughter. “Brax has been back for 3 days.”

“And he cares so much about the kids that he hasn’t been to see them.”

“Are you not worried he’s back on the drink?” Ruby asked.

“He can drink all he wants.” Charlie spat. “What he does now is his own business.”

“Look, I know you are angry with Brax and you have every reason to be right now, but don’t let the kids suffer.”

“It’s up to Brax if he wants to see the kids.” Charlie said. “I’m not going to go calling him asking him to come to see them. He’s a big boy and can do that himself.”

“Fair enough.” Ruby sighed. “Are you asking him to the hospital when the girls get their injections?” Ruby questioned.

“I’ll let him know when it is.” Charlie said. “If he wants to come, then that’s fine.”

“Okay.” Ruby nodded, knowing she needed to let Charlie deal with this how she wanted too. “I was thinking it would be cool if I took the girls out, had some sisterly bonding time?” Ruby questioned. “Might give you a chance to explain things to Jacob about Brax. You know, what if he sees him in town?”

“He’ll probably get all excited and think he’s came home.” Charlie said. “And yes you can take the girls out.” Charlie smiled lightly. “It’ll be nice you for and them.”

“Awesome.” Ruby smiled. “I’ll go get their things ready.” Ruby said before she left the kitchen.

Charlie and Jacob walked into the diner to get a bite to eat, when Charlie stopped in her tracks, seeing her standing at the counter, talking to Irene. “Bee-Bee.” Jacob shrieked with excitement as he ran over to her. “I gots fishes.” Jacob smiled as he looked up to her. “Two of them. Capin Jack and Capin Hook.”

“Jacob.” Charlie said as she walked across to them and pulled her son back. “You don’t run away from Mummy like that.”

“I sawed Bee-Bee.” Jacob said. “I telling her I got my fishes.”

“Bianca is busy.” Charlie said.

“She not doing nothing.” Jacob shook his head. “We can talk.”

“No sweetie, we can’t.” Charlie shook her head.

“Yeah.” Jacob nodded. “You come to see them.”

“Maybe.” Bianca smiled at the boy before she looked up to Charlie who was shaking her head.

“Bianca is very busy with work right now.” Charlie said. “I don’t think we’ll be able to spend much time with her.”

“Aww.” Jacob pouted. “Everyone no want me. Daddy is sad and away and now Bee-Bee is too busy.”

“Hey, c’mon sweetie.” Charlie smiled as she took her son’s hand. “We’ll go get some lunch.”

“But I just want Bee-Bee to see my fishes.” Jacob cried.

“Charlie, just let him have this.” Bianca said.

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “Because it’s never going to be just that. It’ll just keep going and going and as much as I love Jacob, I am not going to continue being friends with you just for him. Now tell him you can’t come.”

Bianca sighed lightly before she bent down to Jacob’s level. “I’m sorry, but like your Mummy said I’m really busy with work right now so I don’t have the time.” Bianca said softly as she wiped the tear from his cheek.

“You come when you’re not busy?” Jacob asked. Bianca looked up to Charlie who was shaking her head.

“I eh....I think I’ll be busy for a long time.” Bianca forced a smile as she ruffled the boy’s hair.

“Hey, Jakey, go grab that table over there and Mummy will be over in a minute.” Charlie said.

“Bye Bee-Bee.” Jacob said sadly as he gave her a hug.

“Bye Jacob.” Bianca said as she watched him run off across the diner. “Charlie it doesn’t have to be like this.” Bianca shook her head.

“It does. It really does.” Charlie said. “You, this baby....Brax....you had to go after the one thing in my life that....” Charlie trailed off as she shook her head. “Just stay away from me and the kids before you ruin our lives anymore.” Charlie spat before she walked away, leaving Bianca standing watching as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Brax was standing in the bar of his restaurant looking down at all the booze. He took a deep breath as he tried to fight his urge to open a bottle of bourbon and not stop drinking till it was empty. It had been three days since Charlie had told him that right now all this was too hard to deal with and it would be best if, for the time being at least, he moved out of the house. Knowing if he went back to live with his Mother he'd be back on the booze within a few days, Brax had checked himself into a motel, hoping that he and Charlie would soon sort everything out, and that he wouldn’t need to find a permanent place. He was brought out of his thoughts by one of his waiters. “Here’s the pizza’s for Buckton.” He said as he placed them down the bar. A slight smile formed on Brax’s face.

“Buckton....when did this order come in?” Brax asked.

“About 30 minutes ago.” The boy answered. “You were busy talking to some customers. Robert took the call.”

“Right.” Brax smiled as the boy walked away. If Charlie had ordered pizza then she’d have to come into the restaurant to collect them. A perfect opportunity for them to talk. Just as Brax’s smile grew bigger he saw Ruby appearing in the restaurant and the smile dropped.

“Brax.” Ruby said quietly. “Just here to get the pizzas.”

“Yeah.” Brax smiled lightly as he handed Ruby the boxes. “Oh, I don’t want the money.” Brax shook his head as Ruby tried to hand him a $50 note.

“Take it.” Ruby said.

“No.” Brax shook his head.

“So is buying her dinner a way of trying to get back into her good books?” Ruby asked.

“Just.....can you talk to her for me?” Brax questioned. “She listens to you and maybe you can let her see that ending things with me....it’s not necessary.” Brax shook his head lightly.

“I’m not going to get involved.” Ruby sighed lightly. “This is between you and Mum. I do feel sorry for you Brax, but there’s a chance that this happened and you’re just going to have to deal with what Mum wants to do. She hates that she’s had to do this, but right now, it’s what she wants. It’s how she wants to deal with this.”

“But ending it when she doesn’t even know if we have done anything?” Brax questioned.

“Look, I’m sorry.” Ruby exhaled lightly. “But you’re just going to need to accept the consequences of your behaviour. You got really drunk and can’t remember what happened, but somehow Bianca has ended up pregnant. I have to say it’s all pointing towards you being the Dad and I don’t blame Mum for doing this.”

“What about for the kids?” Brax questioned. “Don’t you think we should at least try for them?”

“Right now?” Ruby questioned. “No. Just let Mum calm down and maybe one day soon you can talk things over, but right now, you just need to let this happen.”

Brax sighed lightly as he shook his head. “Enjoy you pizza’s.” Brax said before he walked away and into his office and opened the drawer and took out a bottle of bourbon. He poured himself a glass and stared down at it, desperately fighting the urge to drink. He lifted the glass up to his mouth and took a deep breath, smelling the strong scent of the alcohol. He let out a scream before he threw the glass at the wall and broke down into tears.

Thank you pembie, Sarah, Spotd1, JosieTash, Red Ranger 1, Dingo x, Zoe and beebee for the comments. :wub:

Chapter 57

Charlie and Brax were sitting in the hospital, waiting for them to be called through so the girls could get their injections. “So....how have you been lately?” Brax asked. Charlie looked up to him before looking away and not answering. “Hope the girls haven’t been giving you too much trouble on your own.” Brax laughed lightly. “Well when I say the girls I mean Riley.”

“You don’t need to fill this waiting time.” Charlie said as she kept her gaze directly in front of her. “Silence is fine.”

“Charlie.” Brax sighed lightly. “Don’t you think we should talk?”

“Okay, you want to talk Brax.” Charlie sighed. “Where have you been the last 5 days? You haven’t seen the girls for nearly 5 weeks now. How can you go that long without seeing them?”

“I’m seeing them today aren’t I?” Brax said as he looked down to the car seats where his girls were laying.

“Oh sorry then.” Charlie spat. “The amount of times you’ve seen them lately is perfectly fine.”

“Look, I was just out of rehab, then all this stuff with Bianca happened. I was messed up and I didn’t want to risk doing anything stupid when I had them. I spend the last few days trying to fight the urge to have a drink. I didn’t think I would have been the best Dad right now.”

“And what about me?” Charlie questioned. “I still have to be a Mother to Ruby and Jake and the girls, and I’m going through a bit of a hard time too. You can’t just wake up and decide ‘Oh I think I’ll be a parent today’ or ‘Nah, I’ll have a day off.’” Charlie spat. “You wanted to have a baby with me and I gave you that. The least you can do is be a full-time parent and help me raise them.”

Brax sighed lightly as he rubbed his forehead. “You’re right and I’m sorry. Can I have them tomorrow?”

Charlie nodded lightly as she looked down at her daughters. “Braxton.” The doctor said as she appeared in the hallway. Charlie stood up and lifted one of the car seats, as Brax took the second one.

“Now.” The doctor smiled as she looked down to the babies. “Are you two going to be good girls for me today?”

“I’m not sure about this one.” Charlie laughed as she lifted Riley out into her arms, as Brax did the same with Paige.

“Well maybe we’ll do your sister first.” The doctor said as she got the injection ready. “Now baby this might sting a little but I promise you, you won’t remember it by lunch time.” The doctor smiled, before she gently injected the baby. Paige immediately began crying as Brax went to comfort her as the doctor gave Riley her injections, also causing her to burst into a loud cry.

“Aww sweetie.” Charlie said softly as she comforted her daughter.

“They’ll be fine.” The doctor smiled. “And it’s nice to hear that they have a healthy set of lungs.”

“This one has no problems there.” Charlie laughed.

“So, we’ll see you again, next month for their next round of injections.”

“Thank you.” Charlie smiled lightly as she settled Riley back down into her car seat, as Brax did the same with Paige before they walked out the room, and started making their way down the hall.

“Charlie.” Charlie turned around as she heard her name being called to see Sid walking towards her. “I’m glad I caught you.” Sid said. “Look, it’s Bianca. I don’t know if you heard yet, but she’s been admitted. And I’m quiet worried about her.” Sid sighed. “Now normally I wouldn’t discuss anything about a patient to someone, but as her best friend, I was hoping I could get you to go and talk to her.”

“Sid I -”

“Bianca came in after a fall down the stairs.” Sid said. “Now she is being very cagey about what happened and while I don’t want to start rumours or jump to conclusions here, I don’t think her falling down the stairs was an accident.”

“So...you’re telling me because?” Charlie asked.

“I just thought maybe you could go and talk to her.” Sid said.

“Bianca and I -”

“How’s the baby?” Brax asked sounding concerned.

“Fine.” Sid nodded. “Bianca broke her arm and managed to give herself a black eye, but the baby is fine.” Charlie looked to Brax and saw a smile appear on his face at hearing the baby was okay. “I’m a bit surprised here. The way she was talking, it was like she didn’t even know about the baby. I didn’t expect anyone else to know.”

“Believe me I wish I didn’t. In fact I wish there wasn’t even a baby.” Charlie muttered.

“Sorry?” Sid questioned.

“Nothing.” Charlie shook her head. “I need to get the girls home for a feed.”

“Charlie please, just 5 minutes for Bianca. She is your friend.” Sid said.

“It might do you some good to talk.” Brax said quietly as he looked to Charlie. Charlie sighed lightly as she handed Riley’s car seat to Brax.

“5 minutes.” Charlie sighed. “That’s all she is getting.”

“Ruby.” Jacob screeched excitedly as he ran across the room and jumped into her arms.

“Hey buddy, how was pre-school?” Ruby asked.

“Fun.” Jacob smiled. “Ruby where my Mummy?”

“She had to take the girls to hospital to get some injections so you’re going to spend the afternoon with me.”

“Them girls be okay?” Jacob asked.

“Yeah, there good.” Ruby smiled as she walked her little brother out of the school and then began walking along the sidewalk, back in the direction of Charlie’s house.

“I like that you’re here.” Jacob smiled. “You be here for good now?”

“No.” Ruby shook her head. “I really need to go back to the city. I’ve been here a week now.” Ruby said as her voice went higher.

“But it good.” Jacob smiled. “We get’s to play and have fun.”

“You can still play and have fun when I’m not here.” Ruby said. “You’ve got Mummy and Daddy and Auntie Bee-Bee.”

“No. I don’t.” Jacob said feeling frustrated. “Mummy been busy with them girls cos Daddy is sad an gone an Auntie Bee-Bee say she too busy now.” Jacob stopped walking and looked up to Ruby with his big eyes. “You stay for me.”

“Jakey.” Ruby shook her head as she bent down to his level and took a hold of his arms softly. “I have to go back soon. But Mummy and Daddy will always have time for you, okay.”

“Not when thems are sad.” Jacob shook his head. Ruby exhaled lightly as she looked down at her little brother. She knew how hard things were right now for both Charlie and Brax, but she couldn’t let her little brother suffer because of whatever was going on with them.

“Hey, I promise you. I’ll talk to Mummy and things will get better okay?”

“Really promise?” Jacob questioned.

“Yeah, I really promise.” Ruby smiled. “Now, how about before we go for lunch we go to the park and play on the swings?”

“Yeah.” Jacob smiled. “We go really high cos I’m big so I can.”

“Yeah.” Ruby agreed and they made their way across the street to the park.

Charlie walked into the room and sat down on the chair next to her bed. She looked down at Bianca who was lying staring up at the ceiling in her own little world. “So did you fall or did you push yourself?” Charlie said, getting straight to the point.

“I fell.” Bianca said.

“Mmm.” Charlie pursed her lips together. “Want to try again?”

Bianca looked around to Charlie as a tear rolled down her cheek. “I thought maybe if I wasn’t pregnant that you and Brax could talk and sort this out, get back together and maybe one day we’d....we could be friends again.”

“If only it was as simple as that.” Charlie laughed lightly. “There’s still the possibility that you two slept together.”

“I am so sorry Charlie. I love you. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt you. But I got drunk and made a mistake. You know if I was sober I wouldn’t go near your man. You’re like a sister to me Charlie.”

“I used to think that about you too.” Charlie said as she felt herself welling up. “But our friendship is over and as for me and Brax...” Charlie shook her head. “We’re done too.”

“If you want me to get an abortion...”

“I couldn’t make you do that.” Charlie shook her head. “And besides getting rid of the baby isn’t going to get rid of the problems. You might have still slept with Brax, father or not.”

“I really hope I didn’t.” Bianca cried. “I’d rather....I’d rather not know who my baby’s father is than lose you as a friend and be responsible for breaking up you and Brax.”

“Touching.” Charlie said.

“I mean it.” Bianca said. “And I just wish I could remember. I hate feeling like this. Knowing how much I’ve hurt you Charlie.” Bianca sniffed back a tear.

“You think the water works will soften me?” Charlie asked. “Look, I guess in a way, I’m happy for you. You’ve always wanted to be a Mother and you’re getting that. It’s just a shame that you’ve ruined a friendship and a relationship in the process.”

“Charlie, you know there’s a chance that Brax isn’t the father. Maybe I went back out and slept with someone else.”

“I know.” Charlie nodded. “But until we can get a DNA test on that baby, things have to be this way. It’s pointing to Brax so badly and I can’t stand by you when the baby you are carrying is possibly Brax’s. It’s too hard.” Charlie shook her head. “I know this might not have happened but right now, with what you both can remember of that night, everything is telling me that Brax is the father.”

“So what, if we find out this baby isn’t Brax’s you’d just expect us to be friends again like nothing ever happened?”

“We’ll just see what happens.” Charlie sighed. “I gotta go feed the girls.” Charlie stood up and made to walk out of the room.

“Charlie please if Sid asks don’t tell him....” Bianca trailed off. “Just please tell him I fell. Please.” Charlie looked to Bianca who laying in the bed with a black eye and a cast on her arm. She looked broken and lost and so alone. “Please.” Bianca said once again as a tear rolled down her cheek. Charlie exhaled lightly and left the room, not answering her request.

“So did she tell you anything?” Sid questioned.

“Eh yeah, she ehm...” Charlie trailed off as looked back towards the door. “She fell. It was just an accident.”

Thanks everyone. :wub:

Chapter 58

Brax took a deep breath before he knocked on the door of the house which he used to share with Charlie and the kids. “Brax.” Charlie said as she answered the door.

“How are ya?” Brax smiled as he walked into the house.

“Good.” Charlie answered. “Eh so the girls are all ready.” Charlie smiled lightly. “Paige was a little sick after her feed this morning, so let me know if it happens again.”

“Yeah, sure.” Brax nodded lightly. “Anything I should know about Riley?”

“Not that you don’t already.” Charlie shook her head. “Actually she’s feeding a lot better this last week, but as the doctor said, her colic is going away now she is 3 months, so she might get a bit easier.”

“Good.” Brax smiled as he walked over to the moses baskets and looked down at his daughters. “Aww you’re all dressed pretty for your day with Daddy aren’t you.” Brax smiled as he looked to Riley who was wearing a yellow sundress, and then to Paige who was wearing the exact same sundress, but in pink.

“So ehm, there should be enough nappies in the bag, and the milk bottles are there.” Charlie said as she hung it over the handle of the pram.

“Well then we are all ready to go, aren’t we sweet pea.” Brax cooed as he lifted Riley into his arms before moving her to the pram, and then lifting Paige over. “Where’s Jacob?” Brax questioned. Charlie opened her mouth to reply but Brax spoke over her. “Don’t tell me I can’t see him?” Brax questioned. “Charlie, you know he’s my kid right? Biology doesn’t matter when it comes to how I feel about him. Please don’t say that because I’m not his father I don’t get to spend time with him anymore?”

“No. I couldn’t ever do that.” Charlie shook her head. “You are his father and always will be, no matter what happens between us, I know that you’ll always be there for Jacob and I....I want you to be there for him.”

“So then where is he? Why is he not coming out today?” Brax questioned.

“It’s 10.30 on a Tuesday, Brax.” Charlie sighed. “He’s in pre-school.”

“Oh...of course.”

“I’ve told him that you are going to pick him up and he’ll get to spend the afternoon with you and he is so excited.” Charlie told Brax.

“Does he know anything about us, our situation right now?” Brax asked.

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “I thought maybe when you brought the kids home, we could sit him down and try to explain something to him. I don’t think he’ll really understand much...I mean he’s not even 4 yet, but I’m sure we will find some way of explaining it to him.”

“Sure. I eh...yeah that’s probably the right thing to do.” Brax smiled lightly. “And eh...pre-school gets out at 12 right?”

“Yes.” Charlie nodded lightly.

“Charlie...” Brax said. “What is happening with us? Because I’m not so sure I really know myself.”

“Eh...right now I just need space, Brax. I can’t be with you or be friends with Bianca when she might be carrying your child.”

“So until we know if the kid is mines or not we aren’t going to be together?” Brax questioned. “Then what, we find out the kid isn’t mines you’d want to get back together, just like that?”

Charlie nodded lightly. “If you’re not the father I’d want nothing more than to work at our relationship. But I can’t just continue on now like nothing has happened.”

“But we don’t know if it has.” Brax sighed. “Charlie surely we can work this out and find a way to stay together now?”

“I don’t think we can.” Charlie shook her head. “Until we know the paternity of that baby...there’s always going to be an elephant in the room. There’s no way we can work at this relationship with this hanging over us.”

“But I just....I love you so much and I can’t be apart from you.”

“I hate this too.” Charlie said. “But would you be happy to continue this right now?”

“It’s all I want, Charlie.” Brax answered. “I just want to be with you and the kids. This stuff with Bianca....let’s just not worry about it until if we need too. Like if the test says the baby is mines. I know that there is a chance this happened, but there’s just as big a chance if not more that me and Bianca didn’t sleep together.”

“Do you think she is attractive?” Charlie questioned.

“What?” Brax asked.

“Bianca. Do you find her attractive?”

“Yeah she is a good looking woman, but she’s just not my type.”

“So your drunk, you’re both feeling sexually frustrated, you have an attractive woman right there beside you....” Charlie trailed off.

“Yeah but baby, I love you and you’re the woman I want. Bianca and I....we both love you too much to ever do this to you.”

“I’d believe that, if you didn’t spend a drunken night together where neither of you can remember exactly what happened. Brax I don’t want to end things with you, but right now, I can’t go on like nothing’s happened. I’m sorry but it has to be this way.”

Brax sighed lightly before he nodded. “Right, well I’m going to go and spend time with my girls. When do you want me to bring them home?”

“Just as long as you have them home for Jacob’s bedtime anytime is fine.”

“Okay, well I’ll see you later.” Brax said before the left the house with his girls.

Charlie and Ruby walked into the diner to get some lunch. “So, Mum.” Ruby said tentatively as she took a seat. “Jacob mentioned yesterday that.....we’ll I think he’s upset about everything that’s going on.”

“I know he is.” Charlie sighed. “Brax and I are going to talk to him tonight, when he brings the kids home from their day with him.”

“That’ll be good.” Ruby smiled. “The poor kid thinks no-one wants him anymore. You know he hasn’t seen Brax in so long, and he said you’re always busy with the girls and now you won’t let him see Bianca...a lot is changing for him and he’s so young. It’s hard to take for anyone but a 3 year old.”

“Well he is getting to spend time with Brax today isn’t he?” Charlie questioned.

“Yeah.” Ruby nodded. “But I think he misses doing things with you and Brax together.”

“Well unfortunately I don’t think he’ll get that for a while.” Charlie sighed before she ran her hands through her hair. “You do think I am doing the right thing, don’t you?”

“I don’t know.” Ruby shook her head. “It’s such a hard situation. I don’t know what I would do.”

“No, it has to be this way.” Charlie said. “For now at least. I need to calm down. Maybe in a few months....weeks even, things could be different, but right now, I think I need to do it this way.”

“Everything will sort itself out.” Ruby smiled. “God, what are like with our men problems.”

“I know.” Charlie laughed lightly. “What are you wanting to do?”

“Well I’m going to try to tell Matt maybe for the time being we should just be friends. But, I’m not going back to Xavier either.” Ruby shook her head. “We obviously ended for a reason and I don’t know if it would be wise to try again. I mean, that was the third time we tried at a relationship and it didn’t work. Maybe it’s just not meant to be.” Ruby smiled weakly.

“So, you are going to keep this career too?”

“For now.” Ruby smiled. “I’ll do the tour and then see how I feel. As much as I love singing and think being in the band is great, I hate how much it keeps me away from you and I don’t know if I can deal with that permanently.”

“Well it would get easier.” Charlie smiled. “And things are so hectic right now because you’ve just came out and are getting started. I would imagine things will calm down a bit.”

“Well we’ll see.” Ruby smiled lightly before she looked down at the menu to decide what she wanted to order.

“Daddy.” Jacob shrieked as he ran over to him and gave him a big hug. “You really here.”

“Yeah mate of course.” Brax smiled as he continued to hug the boy.

“Mummy said you coming but you really did come.” Jacob said as he continued to hug Brax. “I miss you too too much.”

“I’ve missed you too buddy.” Brax said as Jacob pulled his head back and placed his hands on Brax’s cheeks and he smiled.

“It really is Daddy.” Jacob grinned before he hugged him once more.

“Yeah mate it really is me.” Brax smiled as he held onto the boy. He missed him like crazy when he’d been away and was excited about spending the day with him. “What you say to going to the beach? Build some sandcastles?”

“Yeah.” Jacob smiled as he remained in Brax’s arms. Brax put one hand on the pram and started to walk in the direction of the beach, with Jacob remaining in his arms, holding onto his Daddy tightly, not wanting to let go for fear of him leaving for so long again. “Daddy I got fishes did you see them yet?”

“Oh no I haven’t.” Brax shook his head lightly.

“I show you when we get home.” Jacob smiled. “Thems are called Capin Jack and Capin Hook. Thems the coolest ever.”

“Yeah, I bet so.” Brax smiled. “Mummy been spoiling you getting you fish?”

“Yeah.” Jacob smiled. “Theys not for them girls. Just mines.”

“That’s good.” Brax smiled.

“I wanted a snake.” Jacob sighed. “But Mummy said no. But now I love my fishes.”

“A snake.” Brax raised his voice. “I thought you used to be scared of them.”

“No.” Jacob giggled.

“What about when you thought you had snakes in your bed?”

“Oh yeah.” Jacob nodded. “Thems were scary ones.”

“But you wanted a pet one?” Brax questioned.

“Well my snake wouldn’t be scary.” Jacob said. “Don’t be a silly billy.”

“Of course.” Brax laughed lightly. “Sorry.”

Jacob giggled as Brax walked down the beach, and stopped at a spot that was reasonably well shaded, to help protect the girls from the sun. “Daddy can I get ice-cream?”

“Yeah, how about after we’ve played here for a bit we got into the diner and get some?”

“Yeah.” Jacob nodded excitedly as Brax tried to put him down on the sand. “No yet Daddy.” Jacob shook his head as he wrapped his arms tighter around Brax’s neck.

“Mate you gotta go down so we can play.”

“No yet.” Jacob shook his head. “I wants to cuddle longer.” Jacob said not yet letting go of Brax.

“You know if you let go I’ll still be here.”

“No, I no let go.” Jacob shook his head as he held onto Brax.

“Well I think the tickle monster might have to come out.” Brax said as he began to tickle Jacob and the boy burst into hysterics.

“No no Daddy no.” Jacob said between the laughter. Brax laughed lightly as he continued to tickle his son.

Thank you so much CharlieAndBraxLover, Sarah, Spotd1, JosieTash, llywela, Dingo x, Red Ranger 1, Zoe, beebee, Sazzle and Jen1205 for commenting. :wub:

Chapter 59

Ruby had taken the girls into the nursery to get them bathed, allowing Charlie and Brax to talk with Jacob. “Daddy come to see the fishes.” Jacob said as he pulled on his arm, trying to get him to come into the kitchen.

“I’ll see them in a minute eh mate.” Brax said. “You’re Mummy and me want to talk to you first.”

“Bout what?” Jacob asked. “Have I been naughty?”

“No no sweetie.” Charlie shook her head as she sat down on the couch and pulled her son up onto her knee. Jacob looked to Charlie then to Brax, who’d taken a seat on the chair and pulled a face of confusion.

“Listen mate, you aint done anything wrong okay.” Brax said. “But right now Daddy’s not going to be living in the house with you.”

“Why?” Jacob asked. “You not back at the sad place?” Jacob asked referring to the rehab centre.

“No.” Brax shook his head.

“Sometimes Mummy’s and Daddy’s decide it would be best if they lived in different houses.”

“But its not best.” Jacob shook his head. “Daddy be here with us is.”

“You know how last week you didn’t want to talk to Mickey from pre-school?” Charlie questioned.

“Yeah cos he pushed me down and hit me head.” Jacob nodded. “He no be nice to me.”

“Well right now, Mummy and Daddy don’t feel like the best of friends, like you and Mickey. So Daddy is going to move out for a while.”

“So no forever?” Jacob questioned.

“We hope not.” Brax answered. “But right now, we think this is the best thing to do.”

Jacob pouted as he shook his head. “It not best.” Jacob cried. “Daddy being here is best.”

“Hey, sweetie, you’ll still get to see Daddy lots, okay.” Charlie said as she wiped the tears from her son’s cheeks.

“Yeah, we’ll still have lots of fun, like we did today eh.” Brax said as he leaned forward and lightly rubbed his arm. A tear rolled down Jacob’s cheek as he buried his head against his Mother’s chest. Charlie gently rubbed his back before she placed a kiss on the top of his head.

“You okay baby?” Charlie questioned.

“No.” Jacob said quietly as he wiped the tears from his face.

“How about Daddy stays for dinner tonight and he can read you your bedtime story and tuck you into bed?”

“Yeah.” Jacob said quietly as he nodded his head. “I like that.”

“You sure that’s okay?” Brax questioned.

“I wouldn’t have said it otherwise.” Charlie shook her head as she lifted Jacob down to the floor.

“Mummy what’s for my dinner?” Jacob asked.

“Fish fingers.” Charlie answered and Jacob’s eyes widened.

“Not Capin Jack and Capin Hook’s fingers?” Jacob said sounding alarmed before he ran over to the kitchen jumping up to see both of his fish were still there, swimming about.

“No.” Charlie laughed. “Not Captain Jack and Captain Hook.”

“Phew.” Jacob exhaled. “Daddy you come see them now.” Brax looked to Charlie and the pair smiled lightly at one another before he walked forward to look at his son’s fish.

Charlie was walking along the sidewalk enjoying having a bit of time to herself. Jacob was in pre-school and the twins were with Brax. Ruby had headed back home to the city, earlier that same week. It had been about 5 days since Charlie and Brax tried to explain things to Jacob, and as each day passed he seemed to be coping with the new arrangement better and better. Charlie stopped walking as she saw her friend struggling with some grocery store bags, before she dropped two of the bags, letting her shopping fall out onto the sidewalk. She took a deep breath as she watched Bianca struggling, with one of her arms being in a sling. “Let me help.” Charlie said as she walked across and started putting the shopping back into the bags.

“Thank you.” Bianca smiled at Charlie as they both stood back up, Bianca holding onto the one bag with her good arm and Charlie keeping a hold of the other two.

“I can help you to your house.” Charlie said knowing that Bianca couldn’t manage with the bags on her own. Bianca smiled once again, hoping this was possibly more than Charlie just being nice, or feeling sorry for her having broken her arm. They walked the short distance to Bianca’s house in silence. Charlie placed the bags down on the kitchen worktop before turning to walk right back out again.

“Thank you Charlie.” Bianca smiled. Charlie gave Bianca a weak smile before she noticed the look on Bianca’s face.

“Excuse me.” Bianca said as she brought her hand up to her mouth and ran from the room heading towards the bathroom returning after the sickness had passed. “I seem to spend most of my life in the bathroom these days.”

“Welcome to pregnancy.” Charlie said. “I was really bad with Jacob, thankfully not so much with the girls, but still, it’s a pain.”

“I hate being sick.” Bianca shook her head as she opened the fridge and took out a bottle of water. “Don’t suppose you know of any remedies to ease it?”

“Ginger tea always worked pretty well for me.” Charlie said quietly. “And with the girls, I’d eat a few wholegrain crackers as soon as I woke up, you know so something was in my stomach.”

“Ginger tea and crackers.” Bianca nodded lightly. “Looks like I’ll need to go back to the store.”

“So has the sickness been bad then?” Charlie questioned.

“Yeah.” Bianca nodded lightly. “But I’m hoping it’ll ease off eventually.”

“Normally does by the time the first trimester is over.” Charlie said.

Bianca smiled lightly. “So, how are things with you and Brax?”

“Not too great thanks to you.” Charlie spat coldly. Bianca exhaled lightly as she bowed her head down. Charlie was still angry, really angry and hurt by what could be happening, and Bianca couldn’t really blame her, she had every right to be. “But anyways, I should go.” Charlie said before she walked out of the house and away from her once best friend. Charlie hated how things were turning out in her life and she really hoped that things would get easier soon. That she’d find out Brax and Bianca hadn’t slept together and everything could go back to how it used to be, but Charlie was at a loss at how to do that without waiting until the baby arrived.

Ruby walked into the apartment to find Matt hard at work in the kitchen. It had been a few days since she’d told him that she wanted to stop whatever it is that they had going on, but Matt was finding it hard to accept and had been trying ever since to get her to reconsider. “Hey, what’s all this?”

“I’m trying to cook you a meal.” Matt said. “But it’s not going so well.”

Ruby laughed lightly as she walked into the kitchen. “How can you burn pasta?”

“Well technically I think it’s the cheese sauce I burned.” Matt answered.

“Well looks like you went to a lot of effort.” Ruby laughed as she looked at the state of the kitchen. “So I’m still game for trying it if you are?”

“Sure.” Matt laughed. “Why not.” Matt served up their dinner and they sat down at the table, ready to eat.

“So here goes.” Ruby said as she took a mouthful of the food. “Well if you’d cooked the pasta a little longer and not burned the sauce it would be nice.”

“So, not good then?” Matt laughed.

“Like I said if you cooked the pasta longer and didn’t burn the sauce.”

Matt took a mouthful of the food before he spat it back out. “I can’t make you eat that. Let’s order take out.” Matt said as he walked over to the drawer where the menus were. “hmm....I think Chinese?”

“Yeah, sounds fine.” Ruby laughed as she walked over to Matt and looked down at the menu with him.

“Wow that was quick to get out of eating my cooking.”

“You’re the one who said you wouldn’t allow it.” Ruby said as she looked up at Matt.

“Well maybe I was just testing you.” Matt said. “You know, wanting you to say, no its fine. This is pretty good, I’ll eat it.”

“Oh....I didn’t get that...if that was the case.” Ruby laughed.

“No. no you didn’t.” Matt laughed as looked into Ruby’s deep green eyes. Ruby smiled lightly at Matt before she hit his chest.

“Don’t.”

“Don’t what?” Matt asked as he wrapped his arms around Ruby.

“You know what.” Ruby whispered as they looked into each other’s eyes as smiles appeared on both of their faces. Matt smiled lightly before he placed a soft kiss on her lips, Ruby unable to stop herself from responding, and letting the kiss become more and more passionate.

Thank you so much Sazzle, JosieTash, llywela, Samantha1, Jen1205, Zoe, Red Ranger 1, Spotd1 and pembie for the comments. :wub:

Chapter 60

Over the following months, Charlie and Brax continued to live separately, Brax’s only time at the house being to pick up or drop off the children. They’d hardly spent much time together even attempting to work on their relationship, mostly on Charlie’s call. Brax however was invited to the party for Ruby’s 21st, and he did make an appearance. However the party Brax had wanted to throw for Charlie’s birthday failed to happen, and Charlie went on like it was a normal day, not making a fuss over her birthday. “Mummy.” Jacob shouted excitedly as he ran into her bedroom. “Morning.” Jacob climbed up on to the bed with a big smile on his face.

“Hey buddy.” Charlie smiled as Jacob crawled under the cover and snuggled in beside her.

“What we do today?” Jacob asked.

“Well Mummy is going do some laundry and go do some shopping.” Charlie sighed.

“Boring.” Jacob screwed his face up. “I no have to come do I?”

“No.” Charlie laughed lightly. “Daddy is coming to take you and the girls out.”

“Oh.” Jacob smiled. “What we gonna do?”

“I don’t know. You’ll need to ask Daddy that one.”

“And you ask Daddy to my birthday?” Jacob asked referring to the fact that he was turning 4 in a few days time.

“I will.” Charlie smiled lightly. “Now let’s get you up and dressed hmm.” Charlie said as she got out of bed and Jacob stood up and started to jump on the bed.

“I be 4.” Jacob grinned.

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “You’re getting too old Jakey.”

“No I not old.” Jacob shook his head. “You’re old.”

“Jacob Buckton-Rosetta.” Charlie mocked offence as she pulled her son closer to her. “You take that back. Mummy isn’t old.”

“You are.” Jacob giggled. Charlie started to tickle Jacob as he tried to get away. “Mummy no its tickly.” Jacob shrieked as Charlie lifted him off the bed and through the bathroom to get him washed and ready for the day before sending him off to play so she could get her now 7-month-old daughters up and dressed. “Mummy, Mummy.” Jacob shouted as he ran into the nursery. “Daddy is here now.”

“Hey.” Brax said as he walked into the nursery to see Charlie was putting a lilac coloured dress onto Paige. “Sorry I’m early.” Brax said as he saw Charlie was still wearing her pyjamas. He smiled lightly as he saw she was wearing a t-shirt that used to be his, but when Charlie was pregnant she’d claimed it as her own, and Brax had never got it back.

“It’s fine.” Charlie said. “It’s not like you’ve not seen me in less than this before.” Charlie said as she looked down to the shorts and t-shirt she was wearing.

“Can I help you?” Brax asked as he pointed to the cot.

“Yeah, if you just get Riley up and dressed that would be good.”

“No problem.” Brax smiled as he walked over to the cot and lifted Riley into his arms and began to get her dressed for the day.

“Mummy ask him.” Jacob smiled as he tugged on her t-shirt.

“Later Jacob.”

“Now.” Jacob jumped up and down in frustration.

“What’s this?” Brax asked.

“We’re going to the aquarium on Wednesday for Jacob’s birthday. He’d love it...we’d love it if you’d come.”

“Eh sure. I’d love too.” Brax smiled. “I’ll eh need to get Robert to come into work instead of me but I’ll get it sorted for sure. Not going to miss your birthday am I mate.”

“No, you not allowed.” Jacob shook his head.

“I’ll be there.” Brax smiled.

“It’ll be so much fun.” Jacob smiled. “Just me and you and Mummy and them girls. Oh Ruby we could ask Ruby too.”

“Ruby is in America right now, remember?” Charlie questioned as she held Paige in her arms.

“Oh yeah.” Jacob giggled. “I miss Ruby.”

“So does Mummy.” Charlie smiled lightly. “But remember we are going to talk to her on skype tonight.”

“Yey.” Jacob shouted as he followed Charlie out of the nursery and into the hall where she put Paige down in the buggy, and Brax followed with Riley. “Where we go today Daddy?”

“Oh, well I thought we could have a picnic on the beach or we could have a picnic at the park.”

“The beach.” Jacob smiled. “You show me how to surf?”

“When you are bigger.”

“I am bigger. I nearly 4.” Jacob said as he held 4 fingers up.

“Maybe I could get him a boogie board.” Brax said as he looked up to Charlie.

“Brax, you can’t start teaching him how to surf and look after the girls at the same time.” Charlie said.

“So you don’t have a problem with me teaching him how to surf?” Brax questioned.

“No, if he wants to learn to surf that’s fine, although I’d much rather you taught him how to swim first. You know, I’m not entirely keen on the idea of him going out learning to surf when he can’t even swim yet. And it’ll have to be at a time when you don’t have the girls to watch.”

“You could come Mummy.” Jacob smiled. “You watch them girls and Daddy and me can go swim.”

“No it’s your Daddy’s day to have you.” Charlie shook her head.

“I don’t mind if you want to come.” Brax smiled.

Charlie smiled at Brax before she shook her head lightly. “No, no. I don’t want to intrude on your day with the girls and Jacob. And besides, I have stuff I need to get done in house and I need to go shopping for a certain something.” Charlie said before she pointed down to Jacob and Brax nodded understandingly. “Right Jacob, you have a good day with Daddy and you help him with the girls okay?”

“Yeah I will.” Jacob smiled as he gave Charlie a hug. “Bye Mummy.”

“Bye sweetie, have a fun day.” Charlie smiled before looking up to Brax. “Cya later.”

“Bye.” Brax smiled softly before leaving the house with Jacob and the girls.

Charlie was walking through the shopping centre thinking about what to get Jacob for his birthday, but was having trouble in doing so, and she put it down to his big sister and once upon a time his auntie Bee-Bee buying him everything he could ever want. She was thinking of something along the lines of pirates, her son’s one true obsession. She exhaled lightly before walking into a clothing store, deciding she would buy him some new clothes. It was then when she saw her looking down at a little pink sundress with matching hat and smiling as she ran one of her hands over her bump. Charlie stood and stared for a moment and her one time best friend and it was then when Bianca looked up and noticed her. She smiled lightly at Charlie who put her head down and walked across the shop to the clothes for kids of Jacob’s size. She picked up a little checked shirt and smiled lightly as she thought about Jacob looking like a mini-Brax. “It’s cute.” The voice from behind Charlie said. “He’ll look like Brax if you get him that.”

Charlie turned around to see Bianca standing behind her with a basket full of baby grows, a few blankets, and a little white rabbit. “Just getting him a few new things for this birthday.”

“Oh gosh yeah.” Bianca nodded. “It’s on Wednesday, right?” Charlie nodded lightly. “Can’t believe he is going to be 4 already. Seems like yesterday I was talking about taking him off your hands because he was such a cutie.” Bianca laughed. Charlie just started at Bianca blankly. “Charlie, I get that you don’t want to be my friend anymore, you made that pretty clear these last four months but surely we can have a little bit of small talk?”

“I don’t know what to say right now Bianca.” Charlie shook her head. “Whenever I see you and see that bump I....I just get this image of you and Brax in my head and I can’t shake it off.”

“I’m sorry.” Bianca said sadly. “I’ll just go.” Bianca turned around to leave but Charlie called out and stopped her.

“How’s it been?” Charlie asked. “The pregnancy?”

“I’ve been pretty sick.” Bianca said. “Here’s me thinking it stops after the first trimester but it’s still going on.”

“I was exactly like that with Jacob.” Charlie said.

“But your ginger tea and dry crackers advice did help a bit so thank you.”

“It’s alright.” Charlie said softly. “Do eh....did you find out what you were having?”

“I have my 20 week scan tomorrow.” Bianca said. “April and Irene think I’m having a boy. So much so April christened the bump Max.” Bianca laughed lightly. “But, I’m not going to find out.” Bianca shook her head.

“Oh I thought maybe you knew it was girl.” Charlie said. “I saw you looking at that dress.”

“No. I just thought it was cute.” Bianca said with a smile.

“So...has Brax ever showed any interest in you....the baby....well either of you I guess.”

“He’s eh...he’s brought around a few things.” Bianca sighed. “A couple of baby grows, a little teddy.” Bianca smiled lightly. “But no.” Bianca shook her head. “Mostly when I see him he just says he can’t be involved because he wants to make things work with you.”

“He’s always told me that he wants to be involved in the baby’s live if he is the father.”

“Right now all it seems he wants is to make things work with you.” Bianca said. “Are you getting anywhere or?”

“The last few times we’ve handed the kids over it been.....comfortable.” Charlie smiled lightly before she bit her lip. “But eh...”

“You’re uncomfortable talking to me about this....it’s understandable, sorry.” Bianca said. “Listen I think I know the answer to this, but is it okay if I dropped of a present for Jacob on Wednesday?”

“If you’ve already bought it, I guess you can. But, if not, I’d rather you didn’t.” Charlie shook her head lightly.

Bianca nodded as she pursed her lips together. “Okay. I won’t.” Bianca shook her head lightly. “I’ll eh...I guess I’ll just see you around.” Bianca said before she turned and walked away in the direction of the cash register. Charlie sighed lightly as she watched Bianca, standing at the register, once again running her hand over her bump. If Charlie was going to honest, if it came out that Bianca and Brax possibly had a drunken one night stand, she might have dealt with the situation very differently. It was the fact that Bianca got pregnant that bothered Charlie so much, for Bianca was possibly about to give Brax the one thing that Charlie wouldn’t ever be able too; another child.

Archived