Forever Yours

Guest Danni02

Thanks everyone. :D Here's another as you are all so awesome. :P

Chapter 91

Charlie and Ash walked into Bianca’s house. “Hey Ash, how was Jacob’s?”

“Good.” Ash said quietly before he ran off up the stairs.

“Hey.” Charlie smiled as she gave Bianca a hug.

“I hope he wasn’t any bother.” Bianca said as she flicked the kettle on.

“Not at all.” Charlie smiled. “He kept Jacob and the girls occupied, so he’s welcome to come over to play anytime.”

“Well it’s my turn to return the favour.” Bianca smiled.

“I might accept that offer one day.” Charlie smiled as she watched Bianca making the coffees.

“Might give you and Brax a chance to sort things too.” Bianca smiled as she took the milk out from the fridge.

“Well actually.” Charlie paused briefly. “We talked last night, and things are....we’re in a good place.”

“Good.” Bianca smiled as she poured the milk into the coffee cups, before pouring the boiled water into the cups. “So, did Ash talk much?”

“Not really.” Charlie shook her head. “He said hello when I picked him up from school, and he said please and thank you, but that was pretty much it. But, he did talk to Jacob a lot, or so it seemed from what I heard. They were mostly in Jacob’s bedroom.”

“Well at least he still has his manners.” Bianca smiled. “And he’s talking to someone.”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “Who knows, maybe Jacob will be a stepping stone for him.”

“Yeah.” Bianca smiled as Liam came down the stairs with a just bathed Bella in his arms.

“Ciao Chalie.” Bella smiled as Liam put her down on the floor.

“Hey Bella.” Charlie smiled as Bella ran over her. “You all ready for bed?”

Bella nodded as she pulled on her pyjama top. “questi nuovi.”

“Bella.” Bianca sighed. “If you don’t speak English then no more Dora the Explorer.”

“No.” Bella pouted. “Mi piace italiano.”

“Then no Dora.” Bianca shook her head. “I know you like speaking Italian but it’s very rude if no one else knows it.”

“Si si Dora.” Bella said.

“Then no Italian.” Bianca shook her head. Bella sighed lighty as she shook her head.

“Okay.” Bella sighed. “I stop.” Bella pouted sadly before she climbed up onto Charlie’s knee. “My little pony.” Bella grinned as she pointed to her new pyjamas.

“They’re very pretty.” Charlie smiled.

“So, thanks for having Ash for dinner.” Liam smiled. “I’m sure Bianca has already said this but we’ll have Jacob and or the girls anytime.”

“He was no bother.” Charlie smiled.

“Right, well I’m going to get his bath ready.” Liam said before he disappeared off up the stairs.

“So, you said you and Brax sorted things?” Bianca asked before she took a drink of her coffee.

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “It’s all good. Maybe even great.”

“Oh.” Bianca grinned.

“We’ve sorted everything. The whole marriage thing. We talked over some things and...well...I think we are going to get married.” Charlie smiled as she cupped her hand around the coffee cup, while she kept her other around Bella.

“Ah I see the promise ring is back on.” Bianca smiled. “You know, you can keep taking that off every time you have an argument.”

“I don’t.” Charlie shook her head. “The first time I took it off was because I thought you and him had had...” Charlie trailed off as she pointed to Bella. “Then the next time I found out it didn’t exactly mean what he said it did.” Charlie sighed. “So, I think it was justifiable.”

“Fair enough.” Bianca said. So a wedding eh, maybe we could have a double one.” Bianca joked.

“He’s not proposed yet.” Charlie said.

“Aww it’s exciting though.” Bianca grinned.

“What esciting?” Bella asked.

“Auntie Charlie and Uncle Brax getting married.” Bianca answered.

“What that?” Bella asked.

“Like Ruby and Xavier did. And you got to wear your dress.”

“And throw the flowerers.” Bella smiled. “I do it again?”

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “Of course you can.”

“With Paige and Wiley?” Bella asked.

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded.

“Fun.” Bella said as she yawned. “I’s tired.”

“Yeah, I’ll take you to bed soon.” Bianca said as she took another drink of her coffee. “So, Buckton, what kind of wedding you going to have?”

“I don’t know.” Charlie shook her head. “I havent thought about that.”

“Aww c’mon, every woman dreams about her wedding. I’ve had mines planned since I was like 6.”

Charlie laughed lightly. “I guess...nothing big.” Charlie shook her head. “Just the minister, Brax and I obviously, our kids, Rubes and Xavier, you, Liam and the kids, Leah and Miles, Irene...thats pretty much it.”

“So, where do you see yourself getting married?”

“The beach for sure.” Charlie smiled. “Brax is such a beach bum...the kids love the beach, you know Rubes, Jacob and Riley love being in the ocean....me and Paige like our sunbathing....I think the beach fits us.”

“Yeah it does.” Bianca smiled.

“And, we had our first kiss on the beach, and our first official date after that. It just seems right.”

“Sounds lovely.” Bianca smiled. “So who’s the chief bridesmaid?” Bianca grinned.

“Well I haven’t asked her yet, but I was thinking of giving that spot to Colleen, of course.”

“Of course.” Bianca laughed.

“No, eh, would you be interested?” Charlie asked.

“Hell to the yeah.” Bianca squealed causing Bella to jump from her almost state of sleep in Charlie’s arms. “I thought you’d have Ruby though, to be honest.”

“Nah.” Charlie shook her head. “I’d want her to give me away. You know since my dad cant do it, or even my mum...she’d be the next in line.”

“Aww thats sweet.” Bianca grinned.

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “Anyways, there’s time yet to think of all off this. Maybe I will wait for the proposal first.” Charlie laughed as she stood up from the chair before she handed Bella to Bianca. “Thanks for the coffee.” Charlie smiled. “Bye Bella.” Charlie waved at the little girl who was resting her head against Bianca’s shoulder.

“Arrivederci.” Bella said quietly. “Bye.” She corrected herself.

“Bye.” Charlie said again.

“See you later.” Bianca smiled as she walked Charlie out of the house before going to put her daughter to bed.

Charlie parked her car in the driveway and turned off the ignition. She couldn’t help but smile as she thought about her wedding talk with Bianca and hoped that she was soon enough actually planning her wedding. As she got out the car she was lost in her thoughts, so it took her a while to notice him. “So, you’re not going to say hello?” Ryan grinned. “Not very nice, is it?”

“Ryan.” Charlie said as she looked up to him. “What do you want?”

“Oh just to say hey.” Ryan smiled. “See if maybe you wanted to rekindle things.”

“Ryan.” Charlie shook her head. “I’ve told you already. I’m in a relationship and that’s not going to change anytime soon. I love Brax so much and that’s never changing. What we had is way in the past and if you haven’t already you need to let go.”

“I did let go and I moved on.” Ryan said. “But then I saw you again and....you’re gorgeous....and I think I’d be better for you than that Brax idiot.”

“I don’t.” Charlie shook her head. “Now please get off my property and leave me to be happy with the man I love.”

“You’re making a mistake.” Ryan sighed. “He’s not good enough for you.”

“Well I disagree.” Charlie sighed. “Now please get off my property before I call the police.”

Ryan laughed lightly. “We don’t need the police.” Ryan said as he stepped forward and placed his hand on her cheek. He smiled lightly as he rubbed her cheek gently.

“Don’t touch me.” Charlie said as she stepped back, causing her to bang into her car. Ryan smiled at her before he stepped forward and once again touch her.

“It’s okay.” Ryan laughed. “Brax never needs to find out.” Ryan smiled as he placed a soft kiss on Charlie’s lips.

“Don’t.” Charlie said as tried to push him away but he was too strong for her.

“Shhh.” Ryan said as he continued to kiss her neck as he ran his hands under her top.

“Brax....Brax....” Charlie yelled out.

“Shhh.” Ryan said again as he continued to kiss her as he unzipped her jeans and pulled them down. Charlie struggled with him as she tried to push him away, but she couldn’t seem to find the strength.

“Brax.” Charlie yelled out once again. “Brax help.” Ryan covered her mouth with his hand as he undid the button and zipper on his jeans before pulling them down. Charlie struggled from beneath him, trying her hardest to push him away, but it seemed she was paralysed with fear. No matter how much she tried, she couldn’t get him off her.

“Oi.” Brax yelled just as Ryan was about to enter her. “Get off her.” Brax shouted as he pulled Ryan back and made a fist with his hand, landing a few punches on his face. Ryan fought back and punched Brax hard in the face, causing his nose to bleed.

“Ahh.” Brax sniffed up as he wiped his hand across his nose, getting blood on his hand. Brax stepped forward and once again pulled Ryan back, who was walking back towards Charlie. He punched him hard again, causing him to fall to the ground. Brax kicked Ryan hard in the stomach, causing him to yell out in pain. He lifted him back up to his feet before pushing him all the way down the driveway and out onto the sidewalk. “Get away.” Brax spat. “And if you so much as look at Charlie again....I’ll kill ya.” Brax yelled before Ryan ran off into the night. Brax shook his hand out in front of him and screamed out in pain before he ran back up the driveway to Charlie who was sitting down on the ground, hiding her head in her hands. “Hey, baby.” Brax said softly as he put his hands on her shoulders.

“No, get off me. Please don’t hurt me.” Charlie screamed.

“Shhh, it’s okay. Baby it’s me.”

“Brax.” Charlie said as she looked up at him, the tears streaming down her face.

“He’s gone.” Brax said as he held her as she cried in his arms.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much Soph1303 (good to see you back, wondered where you’d got too :P), Sarah, JosieTash, Spotd1, Sazzle, Red Ranger 1, CharlieAndBraxLover, mizziette, JoJo1602, totally, mft, Zoe, RoRo90, Jen1205, Caroline77, beebee, Zetti and pembie for the comments. Hope you like this next one.

Chapter 92

Charlie was sitting on the couch, staring out in front of her silently. Ruby had gone to put the girls to bed and Xavier had taken Jacob into his room to play for a final half hour before his bed time. “I’ll eh....I’ll call the police.” Brax said. “You can let them know what happened.”

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “I don’t want to call the police.”

“But baby, you need to let them know what that scum did. He should be punished for it.”

“No, because I don’t want you to get in trouble.” Charlie cried. “If I tell the police what happened then there’s every chance that you are going to get done for assault.”

“For protecting my partner from getting raped?” Brax questioned.

“It doesn’t matter.” Charlie shook her head. “You punched him Brax, you kicked him, you threatened him with death.” Charlie pursed her lips together as a tear rolled down her cheek. “I can’t tell the police because if I do, Ryan is going to press charges on you and I can’t....I can’t lose you to jail right now. I need you to be here for me and for the kids and I....” Charlie trailed off as she broke down into floods of tears.

“Charlie.” Brax sighed lightly as he knelt down in front of her and tentatively put his hand on her arm. “It’s okay; we don’t have to do anything right now.” Charlie gave a gentle nod as she looked up to Brax.

“I just want to forget about it and continue this with us.” Charlie smiled weakly. “We’re getting on better again and things for our future are looking bright. Can we just focus of that?”

“Sure.” Brax smiled lightly. He knew Charlie wasn’t ready to face this yet, so didn’t want to push it. “How about I run you a nice bubble bath?” Charlie nodded lightly before Brax walked off to the bathroom. Charlie took a deep breath as she stood up and walked down the hall and into the girls’ bedroom.

“Mummy.” Paige smiled. “Ruby reading a good story.”

“Is she?” Charlie asked as she knelt down in front of Paige and gently ran her hand over her daughter’s forehead. Paige nodded lightly. “That’s good.”

“Yeah.” Riley nodded. “Mummy go.”

“Aww Riley that’s not very nice.” Ruby said. “Mummy just came in to say goodnight.”

“But she stopped the story.” Riley sighed.

“Okay, I’ll go.” Charlie said sadly as she gave Paige a kiss on her forehead. “Night sweet pea.”

“Night mummy.” Paige yawned.

“Goodnight Riley.” Charlie said as she went to give her kiss but Riley pulled her head to the side.

“Go.” Riley moaned. “I just want the story.” Charlie sighed lightly before she walked out of the room and down the hall and into Jacob’s room.

“Mum.” Jacob grinned. “Xavier said tomorrow we could go go-karting.”

“I said if your mum said it was okay.” Xavier said. “And I didn’t say tomorrow, I said on Saturday.”

“What’s tomorrow again?” Jacob asked.

“Friday.” Xavier answered.

“Oh well it still close.” Jacob smiled. “Can we mum?”

“We’ll see.” Charlie answered. “Now, you get this game cleaned away, put your pj’s on and daddy will make you some supper before bed okay.”

“We are nearly finished.” Jacob sighed. “Just lets us play 5 more minutes.” Jacob pouted as he held up 5 fingers.

“5 more minutes.” Charlie replied. “Then through for some supper okay.”

“Yeah.” Jacob nodded. “Love you mum.” Jacob grinned as he stood to his feet and ran over to her and wrapped his arms around her.

“I love you too baby.” Charlie smiled as she rested her hands on her son’s back. She smiled lightly as she tried to stop more tears falling down her face.

“You’re bath is ready.” Brax said as he appeared at the door of Jacob’s room. Charlie smiled lightly as she placed a kiss on the top of her sons head before she left the room, taking Brax’s hand and pulling him down the hall with her to the bathroom door.

“Have you locked all the doors?” Charlie asked and Brax nodded lightly.

“I will go and do that right now.” Brax smiled lightly.

“And the windows are all locked shut?” Charlie asked.

“Again, I’ll make sure they are.” Brax said before he gently rubbed her arm. “You’ll be safe with me.”

“I know I will.” Charlie smiled lightly. “And you’ll be here when I get out the bath, right?”

“Of course.” Brax answered. “I’m not going anywhere.” Charlie smiled nervously before she took a deep breath and went into the bathroom.

“If it was up to me I’d be at the police station right now turning in that son of a bitch.” Brax sighed.

“But it’s not though hey.” Xavier said. “We just need to let Charlie deal with this in her own time.”

“I can’t believe this happened.” Ruby shook her head. “What a jerk. Guys are...why are you such pigs?”

“Not all of us are eh.” Brax said.

“Ahh you’ve done your fair share of bad stuff.” Ruby sighed.

“Guess I can’t really argue there.” Brax shook his head. “I just...I want so much to go out there and really bash him.”

“I’d be right behind you.” Xavier said.

“I’d love to as well.” Ruby added. “But we all know it wouldn’t help with anything.”

“Nah.” Brax shook his head. “She just needs support right now and we’re here to give her it.”

“Yeah.” Ruby nodded lightly. “I know it would stuck if this happened at any time, but you two were finally in a good place after some bother, and it just sucks that she didn’t get to be happier for longer.”

“She’ll get through this though.” Xavier smiled. “And then she’s got Hawaii coming up.”

“Yeah.” Ruby smiled lightly. “I just wish something good could happen for her before then.”

“Well.” Brax answered. “I eh....I was going to keep this quiet, but, I was going to propose to her when we were in Hawaii.”

“Oh my Gosh.” Ruby screamed. “Finally.”

Brax laughed nervously. “Maybe I could bring that forward?”

“No no.” Ruby shook her head. “I think proposing in Hawaii would be lovely. Tell me more.”

“I’ve said too much already.” Brax shook his head.

“Aww c’mon.” Ruby beamed. “Just a teeny tiny bit more.”

“Nah.” Brax shook his head. “I need to leave some stuff secret.”

“Ahh well can I come ring shopping with you?” Ruby questioned.

“That you can do.” Brax smiled. “But you better keep this quiet Ruby.”

“My lips are sealed.” Ruby grinned.

“Brax.” Charlie shouted from the bathroom. Brax shared a glance with Xavier and Ruby before he got up and walked down the hall to find Charlie standing by the bathroom door, holding the towel tightly around her body.

“Hey, baby, how was the bath?” Brax asked. “You were in there a while.”

“Yeah, just having a nice soak.” Charlie answered quietly. “Eh...can you check the bedroom?”

“For what?” Brax asked. Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked down. “Okay I eh...I’ll go check.” Brax smiled lightly before he walked down the hall and into their bedroom. “It’s clear.” Brax said as he appeared back in the hall. Charlie exhaled lightly before she walked down the hall and into the bedroom where she changed into her pyjama’s, before she sat down on the bed.

“I’m just going to go bed now.” Charlie said. “But eh....can you....can you lay with me until I fall asleep?”

“Sure.” Brax smiled lightly as Charlie got into the bed and lay down. Brax lay down next to her and wrapped his arm around her. Charlie smiled lightly as she took his hand in hers and hugged it close to her.

“And all the doors and windows are locked shut?” Charlie asked.

“Yeah.” Brax nodded lightly. “Like I said, you’re safe with me. I’m not going to let anything happen to you.” Brax exhaled lightly before he placed a kiss on Charlie’s head, and only hoped he was able to help her through this.

Thank you all so much for the comments. Not liking this one so much. :( But hopefully you all think it's okay....also just to let you know, my parents and sister have arrived in Canada for a 2 week visit, so I probably won't be able to update as regularly for the next two weeks!

Chapter 93

“Poor Charlie.” Bianca sighed lightly as she held her daughter closer to her, as if some instinct to protect came over her.

“Yeah. She was pretty shaken up Thursday evening and the whole of Friday she never left the bedroom. Bless the twins, we told them Ruby was going to play Mummy for the day. They had a great time of it. But thank God I heard her shouting or she would be in even more of a mess than she is now.”

“Has she spoken to the police?” Liam asked.

“Nah.” Brax shook his head. “I’m hoping she will eventually. He needs to be punished for what he did...or tried to do. But she doesn’t want me getting in trouble for assaulting him.”

“Well I can see why, but hopefully she does. She can’t let him think he’s gotten away with this.”

“Yeah.” Brax nodded. “Well we’ll see how she goes today eh.” Brax exhaled lightly. Charlie, Brax, Liam, Bianca, Ruby, Xavier and the kids were going to the city, so the boys and Ruby could go go-karting. “See you there.” Brax said before he walked back over to his car, and tried to open the door, but found it had been locked. He tapped on the window lightly and smiled at Charlie who leaned forward and unlocked the door, letting Brax into the car. As soon as he closed the door, Charlie leaned over him and locked it again before she turned and looked out of her window. “So you sure I can’t tempt you to go go-karting today?” Charlie shook her head lightly as she continued to look out the window.

“I go daddy.” Riley grinned.

“You’re too little.” Jacob said.

“No’s I not.” Riley shook her head. “Ay no daddy?”

“Afraid so baby girl.” Brax answered as he drove towards the city.

“No. No. No.” Riley shouted. “I not.”

“Yeah.” Paige nodded. “You is Riley. You the youngerist by 22.”

“No.” Riley squealed.

“Uh-huh.” Paige nodded. “Right mummy?” Paige asked. “Mummy.” Paige said as she got no reply. “Mummy.”

“Charlie. Paige is talking to you.”

“Sorry baby, mummy was away in a world of her own. What you saying?”

“Riley.” Paige sighed. “She the youngerist by 22.”

“22 minutes, yeah.” Charlie nodded.

“See Riley.” Paige stuck her tongue out.

“Stop saying that.” Riley sighed. “We still both 3.”

“Nuh-uh.” Paige shook her head. “I 3 and 22 olders.”

Charlie laughed lightly at her daughter which caused Brax to smile. He loved hearing her laugh. “Well I’s -” Riley began, but she was cut off by Jacob.

“It’s doesn’t matter.” Jacob sighed, feeling frustrated at his sisters bickering. “You are both 3 years old and I’m 6 so I’m the oldest anyways.”

“Nuh-uh.” Paige shook her head. “You’s wrong Jacob.”

“Yeah.” Riley nodded her head. “Ruby is the olders.”

“No no.” Paige shook her head. “Mummy is. Then daddy then Ruby then Jacob then me then you, Riley.”

“I’s no want to be the youngerist.” Riley shook her head before she pouted.

“Aww baby, never you mind.” Charlie said. “Oldest, youngest or middle child all you need to know is mummy loves you all so very much and that’s all that matters.” Charlie smiled as she looked around at her kids. Riley pulled a face, as if she was unimpressed with Charlie’s response.

“Oh can we go to McDonalds for lunch?” Jacob asked.

“Oh yeah.” Paige grinned. “Please....please.....please.” Paige put her hands together like she was praying.

“We’ll see.” Brax answered as the continued the drive to the city.

“That was fun.” Bianca smiled as she walked back the room, where Charlie was sitting with the kids. “You sure you don’t want to go have a shot?”

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “I’m fine sitting here with the kids. You go back out if you want.”

“No no that was enough.” Bianca said as she sat down at the table next to Charlie.

“How Jacob’s doing?” Charlie questioned.

“He’s having a blast.” Bianca smiled. “Flying around the track.”

“Good, I’m glad he’s having fun.”

“Unlike Riley, you mean?” Bianca laughed lightly as she pointed across the room to Riley was sitting on the chair with her arms folded across her chest and a big frown on her face. “Someone still in the huff because she can’t go go-karting?”

“Yep.” Charlie nodded lightly. “Riley do you want to go get a sweetie out of the vending machine?”

“No.” Riley shook her head. “I go go-cars.”

“Sweetie you can’t.” Charlie shook her head. “You're too young.”

“3 not young.”

“Well you need to be 6 to go on the go-kart.”

“It not fair.” Riley shook her head.

“I take a sweetie mummy.” Paige said as she ran over to her with Bella following her.

“Ahh, I knew you would want one.” Charlie grinned as Paige jumped up to Charlie’s knee.

“Yeah. I like sweeties.”

“I know.” Charlie smiled down at her daughter.

“Ne voglio uno anche.” Bella said as she climbed up onto Bianca’s knee. Bianca looked down to her daughter but didn’t reply. “Mamma, ne voglio uno anche.” Bella sighed lightly as she tapped her mothers arm. “I want one too mummy.”

“Yes sweetheart you can get a sweetie too.”

“You ingoring the italian now?”

“Trying too.” Bianca laughed lightly as she leaned forward and took some money from her bag and handed it to Paige. “You know how to work the machine?”

“Yeah.” Paige nodded. “You put this in there slot and then hit the picture you want.”

“Yeah.” Bainca smiled as she put Bella down on the floor and Paige jumped down from Charlie’s knee and the two of them ran across the room to the vending machine.

“Bless her. I think it’s dead cute when she speaks italian.” Charlie said as she watched the girls on their tiptoes using the machine. She looked at Bella’s deep brown eyes, the eyes she knew she’d seen before. She exhaled lightly before she bit her lip, and turned back around to face Bianca. “Bianca...I eh....I don’t know if I should be telling you this or not or what, but...” Charlie trailed off as she took a deep breath.

“What’s wrong?” Bianca said.

“It eh....Bella...her eyes....when he....Ryan, when he was....close to me, and I looked into his eyes....I see...” Charlie trailed off.

“You think Ryan could be Bella’s father?”

“I don’t know.” Charlie shook her head. “I mean when I first met him again, I didnt think anything of it, you know plently people have brown hair and brown eyes....but that night when I looked into his eyes....I just...I saw Bella.”

“Wow...eh....I don’t really know how to feel about that.” Bianca sighed lightly.

“Should I have not said anything?” Charlie questioned.

“I eh...” Bianca trailed off.

“I mean, I just want to forget about him, but I thought maybe you’d want to know. I know how much you want to know who’s Bella’s father is. Not so much for her to have any sort of relationship with him, I mean I know what Liam thinks of her and what she thinks of him, but -”

“It’s fine that you told me.” Bianca smiled lightly. “I’m just not sure what I am going to do with it yet....but you know, if you wanted to talk about him, I’m here.”

“I know.” Charlie smiled nervously. “But I eh...I just want to put it behind me to be honest. And talking about it isn’t going to do that so...”

“Okay.” Bianca nodded understandingly. “Well if you ever change your mind you know you can always come to me.”

“I know.” Charlie gave Bianca a thankful smile as the girls ran back across to their mothers.

“Haha Riley look what Bee-Bee bought me.”

Riley climbed down for the chair and ran over to her mother and climbed up on her knee. “I want’s some now.”

Charlie smiled lightly as she reached into her purse and gave Riley some money. “There you go, you go get something too.” Charlie smiled and Riley ran excitedly over to the machine.

“Right, last lap.” Liam said. “We’ll have a race, okay?”

“I’m gonna win.” Jacob grinned.

“You think so.” Ruby laughed. “I’m going to take you down bro.”

“Eh, we all know I will be the winner.” Brax said.

“Haha, no.” Jacob shook his head. “Dad you been rubbish.”

“I dunno.” Xavier shook his head. “Ash here’s been a pretty mean driver.”

Ash smiled lightly at Xavier before he looked up to Liam and pulled lightly on his top. Liam bent down to his son’s level and took his helmet off. Ash whispered something in his ear before Liam nodded lighty. “Sure mate if you’d have enough, you can go sit in that room with Bianca, Charlie and the girls. Ash smiled lightly before he ran off back towards Bianca. “Right then, guys.”

“And girl.” Jacob said. “Cos Ruby is a girl, so not just guys.”

“Guys and girl.” Liam laughed. “One lap. First to cross the line is the winner, simple.”

“Easy.” Jacob grinned. “I will beat you all.”

“Don’t get so cocky mate.” Brax said as he ruffled Jacob hair. Jacob laughed lightly before he put his helmet on and jumped into his go-kart, with Liam, Brax, Xavier and Ruby doing the same.

“Okay, 3, 2, 1....go.” Liam shouted and all 5 of them began to race around the track. Jacob taking an early lead, but Brax soon overtook his son which only spurred Jacob on to go faster and soon enough he flew past his dad as he giggled, enjoying the day and the race. Liam, Ruby and Xavier hung back, letting Jacob and Brax battle it out for first place. As they approached the finish line Brax slowed down as Jacob flew past the line. He stopped his kart and jumped out before he jumped up and down.

“I win. I win.” Jacob cheered as Brax stopped next to him. “I knew I would.”

“Ahh you’re just too good mate.” Brax smiled down at his son.

“Yeah.” Jacob grinned before he gave Brax a hug. “Thanks for letting me come here. It’s been so much fun.”

“You’re welcome mate. I had fun too.”

“Good.” Jacob smiled. “Love you dad.”

“Love you took Jacob.” Brax smiled. “Now how about you go and tell mum all about this eh.”

“Yeah.” Jacob grinned before he ran towards the room, excited to tell his mother about the go-karting.

Than you all so much. :wub: Here is the next one.

Chapter 94

Charlie walked into Jacob’s bedroom to find him sitting at his little desk, concentrating very hard on something. “Hey buddy, you were supposed to be getting ready for bed.” Charlie said softly as she walked over to him and gently ran her hand across his hair.

“No.” Jacob said as he looked up at her briefly. “I’m doing this important thing first.”

“Oh I see.” Charlie nodded lightly.

“No.” Jacob shook his head. “You can’t yet. It’s not finished.”

“And how much longer will you be mister?” Charlie asked. “Like mummy said, you should be getting your pj’s on.”

“Just one more little bit to do.” Jacob replied. “No, no looking.” Jacob hid what he was doing with his body. “Turn around for a minute.” Jacob instructed and Charlie did as she was told, turning around so her back was facing her son. “And no peeking.” Jacob said. Charlie let out a small laugh as she shook her head.

“I won’t.”

“Good. It almost done. I just gotta do this little bit here.” Jacob trailed off as he continued to colour whatever it was he was doing. “And....done.” Jacob grinned as he jumped off the chair and held the piece of card in his hands. “You sit there.” Jacob said as he pointed to his bed. Charlie once again did as she was instructed and sat down on his bed. Jacob took a seat next to her and looked up at her. He handed her the piece of yellow card that he had folded and made into a homemade card. The front read ‘To the best mummy in the world’ and had a bunch of flowers on the front. “That’s cos you like getting flowers from daddy.” Jacob smiled as he pointed to the flowers on the card.

“He doesn’t get them for mummy very much does he?” Charlie said.

“No.” Jacob giggled. “I’ll tell him he needs to do it more.....open it now.” Charlie opened the card up and read the inside. ‘To mummy I love you lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots. Lots of love from Jacob. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo’ “Them x’s and o’s means kisses and cuddles.” Jacob smiled.

“Aww Thank you so much Jacob.” Charlie smiled as she wrapped her arm around her son. “This was very nice of you.”

“It cos you sad. I wanted to make you happy again.”

“Mummy’s not sad.” Charlie shook her head lightly.

“You is though.” Jacob nodded. “On Thursday you had real sad eyes when you came to say goodnight then on Friday you not even come out of your room. And you still sad today a bit too.”

“Well I promise not to be sad anymore.” Charlie smiled lightly as she gave her son a hug.

“You like it?” Jacob smiled.

“I love it.” Charlie grinned.

“Why was you sad?” Jacob asked.

“It’s doesn’t matter.” Charlie shook her head.

“But maybe I can help make it better.” Jacob said.

“Aw buddy you don’t need to worry about mummy feeling sad.” Charlie shook her head. “This card has already helped me lots. It was very nice of you to make me that.”

Jacob grinned. “That’s okay. I like making things.”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled as she lifted her son onto her knee and wrapped her arms around him in a hug. “Aww Jakey, will you promise mummy that you’ll never grow up?”

“I can’t do that.” Jacob shook his head. “I will grow older cos we all do.”

Charlie laughed lightly. “Well can you promise me you will always love me and not turn into a moody teenager?”

“Yeah.” Jacob nodded. “I will always love you lots and lots.”

“Good.” Charlie smiled as she placed a kiss on her sons head. “Now mister, you get your pj’s on and daddy will come through soon to read your story okay?”

“Okay.” Jacob nodded as he jumped down from her knee and Charlie left the room and went into the living room, where Brax was sitting on the couch. He smiled up and her as she sat down beside him, nestling her head against his chest as he wrapped his arm around her.

“What’s this?” Brax asked as he took the card from Charlie.

“Jacob made me it.” Charlie smiled. “He said he wanted to make me happy again because I was sad.”

“Aww bless him.” Brax smiled as he put the card down on the coffee table.

“Yeah.” Charlie sighed lightly.

“You okay?” Brax asked.

“Just...I’m angry with myself for letting Jake know that something was wrong. I shouldn’t let the kids see me upset or sad or whatever....you know, I always need to be a good parent to them and letting them see your problems -”

“So you were a little off.” Brax said. “You were still the best parent, like always. Even though you were shaken by what happened, you still were ace.”

“I wasn’t though.” Charlie shook her head. “I did nothing for them on Friday.”

“You were pretty shaken up by what happened.” Brax said. “No one would blame shutting yourself away for a day or two.”

“I shouldn’t though.” Charlie shook her head. “It’s not really the best way to deal with things, is it?”

“Well no.” Brax shook his head. “But you know you seem to be getting on better today.”

“What by shutting myself away in that room and not taking part?”

“You came.” Brax smiled. “You interacted with the girls and Bianca. Charlie what he did to you wasn’t right and it’s understandable that you feel like this. It’s only been a few days.”

“I’m just in constant fear that he is going to appear back again.”

“Well there is a way for that to change.” Brax said.

“I can’t.” Charlie shook her head. “Brax if I tell the police...I...I’m practically putting my own partner in jail.”

“You don’t know that I would go to jail.” Brax shook his head.

“But it’s not as if they can be lenient due to first offence or whatever.” Charlie sighed. “You have a criminal record. You’ve been to jail already. Brax, if you get charges pressed against you for assault, you could be looking at months, maybe even years in jail.”

“And I’d do it.” Brax sighed. “I’d rather go to jail for assault than let that scum go unpunished. Free to do something like this again, if not worse.”

“But I don’t want you to go to jail.” Charlie sighed. “Brax I can’t report this.”

“Babe, I -”

“Do you want to go to jail?” Charlie questioned. “Leave me and the kids?”

“No of course I don’t want too. I’m just saying I’d do it if I had too. If it meant Ryan got what he deserved too.”

Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked up to Brax. “No.” Charlie shook her head. “I mean I’d love it if he got punished, but I can’t do that to you....the kids Brax, they need their dad here...and...I need you too.”

Brax exhaled lightly before he nodded. “Okay. It’s your choice. But if you do change your mind I just want you to know that you have my support.”

“I know.” Charlie smiled lightly. “I wish Hawaii was sooner, I think just getting away from here for a while will be good.”

“So you still want to go?” Brax smiled.

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “Why wouldn’t I?”

“I dunno.” Brax shrugged his shoulders. “I just thought maybe with what happened you would change your mind, you know, not want to go anywhere.”

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “I still want to go.”

Brax smiled lightly. “Well we could always bring it forward?”

“We really can’t though. Jake and Xavier have school till July and Ruby is on her tour till the end of June. There’s not really anymore time.”

“No. I guess not.” Brax said. “Well it’s something to look forward to hey.”

“Yeah, yeah it is.” Charlie smiled as she looked up into his eyes, before they shared a soft kiss. “Now, you need to go and read Jacob a story.”

“Will do.” Brax smiled as he got up from the couch and walked off to Jacob’s room as Riley ran into the living room.

“Oh, hello little miss Riley.”

“Hi Mummy.” Riley smiled as she climbed up onto the couch, and then onto Charlie’s knee.

“And why are you still awake?” Charlie asked.

Riley exhaled lightly as she looked up at her mother. “My eyes are still open.”

Charlie laughed lightly as she wrapped her arms around her daughter. “Is that so?”

“Yup.” Riley nodded.

“And are we in a better mood now?” Charlie questioned.

“Well...McDonalds was good.” Riley smiled. “And I like my appy meal toy but I still sad.”

“And why are you sad?”

“The go-cars.” Riley sighed sadly. “I no get to play.”

“Aww.” Charlie ran her hand through her daughter’s hair. “How about when you are old enough mummy and daddy will take you to go on the go-karts?”

“Really?” Riley’s eyes lit up as she looked up at Charlie. “Promise me really?”

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded.

“Just me and you and daddy.” Riley said. “No Paige.”

“Not Paige?” Charlie questioned. “And why not?”

“She no like ‘em.” Riley shook her head. “Just me and you and daddy, okay?”

“Sure.” Charlie nodded. “Just me and you and daddy.”

“It will be so fun.” Riley grinned excitedly.

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled as she stood up from the couch with her daughter still in her arms. “But first missy, you need to get some sleep.”

“I not tired.” Riley shook her head in protest and Charlie exhaled lightly as she walked along the hallway towards the girls’ room, in the hope that Riley would go to bed.

Thanks everyone. :D Hope this one is okay.

Chapter 95

Charlie was in the kitchen, getting the trash ready to take outside. As she tied a knot in the top of the bag, Riley ran back through to the kitchen. “I’s still not asleepy.”

“Riley.” Charlie sighed lightly.

“It no my fault.” Riley shook her head. “My eyes won’t stay shut.” Charlie laughed lightly as she held her hand out for her daughter to take.

“Right, well you can come outside with mummy and help me put the trash in the bin.” Charlie said as she made her way out of the house.

“Where daddy be?” Riley asked as she skipped alongside Charlie and out of the house.

“He’s reading Jacob a story.” Charlie answered as she walked down the driveway and opened up the bin throwing the trash in.

“Mummy who that be?” Riley asked as she pointed to the man standing in the shadows. Charlie pulled her daughter back as he appeared before her.

“What do you want?” Charlie asked.

“Hey little one.” Ryan smiled as he bent down to Riley’s level. Charlie gently pushed her daughter back even further and stepped in front of her.

“C’mon Riley, let’s get back inside.” Charlie said.

“Just 5 minutes.” Ryan said. “I just want to talk.”

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “Just leave me alone.”

“C’mon, or I’ll tell the police about Brax’s assault.”

“No, you can’t.” Charlie laughed lightly. “Because then you’ll get put down too.”

“So then talk to me.” Ryan said as he reached forward and took hold of Charlie’s arm.

“No.” Charlie yelled. “Don’t touch me.”

“You leave my mummy.” Riley shouted as she ran forward and pushed Ryan’s leg.

“Riley. You stay back.” Charlie said. “You go on inside and get daddy okay.”

Riley nodded before she ran off in the direction of the house. “Aww need Brax to defend you again. I can’t say that’s how I remember you. You seemed like you could stand up for yourself back then.” Ryan said as he stepped forward and once again touched her arm.

“Don’t.” Charlie shouted as she stepped back once again.

“Everything alright over there?” John shouted from his driveway as he put the trash in his bin.

“Fine eh mate.” Ryan shouted. John exhaled lightly as he looked over to Charlie, who looked uneasy. He sighed lightly before he walked across to them.

“I’m John.” John said as he held his hand out for Ryan to shake.

“Ryan.” Ryan said, rejecting the offer to shake his hand. “I’ll see you around.” Ryan smirked before he walked away. Charlie let out a sigh of relief as she looked up to John.

“Thank you.” Charlie smiled up to him. John gently patted her arm as Charlie stepped forward and rested her head against him. John gently wrapped his arms around her and held her in his arms.

“Charlie, you’re shaking are you sure you are okay?”

“No.” Charlie shook her head as Riley came running back outside with Brax following her.

“I got him.” Riley smiled as she pulled on Charlie’s top. Charlie pulled back from John, and went straight into Brax’s arms.

“What happened?” Brax asked as he looked to John as he held Charlie in his arms.

“There was just a guy talking to her, sounded like Charlie didn’t want him here so I came across.”

“Ryan.” Charlie said quietly. “It was Ryan.”

“You go back inside.” Brax said as Charlie pulled back from him. “Riley you go in too, and look after mummy till I get back in okay.”

“Okay.” Riley nodded as she ran into the house, with Charlie following after her.

“This guy been giving Charlie trouble?” John asked.

“You could say that.” Brax nodded. “Thanks for coming across eh.”

“No problem.” John said.

“If you ever see him looking around this way again let me know.”

“Well I did see someone last night who looked like he was watching around here, then again few nights before that. Come to think of it, he looked around that guys build and height.”

Brax nodded lightly. “Right, well as I say, let me know eh.” Brax said before he turned around and walked back into the house to find Charlie sitting on the couch with Riley on her knee. “You okay?” Brax asked as he joined them on the couch.

Charlie nodded lightly before she took a deep breath. “A bit shaken up.” Charlie pursed her lips together. “But, I’ll be fine.” Brax smiled lightly as he gently rubbed her arm. “Right miss Riley.” Charlie exhaled. “We need to get you to bed.”

“No.” Riley shook her head. “I’s not asleepy.”

“But it’s well past bedtime for little girls.” Brax answered.

“I not little.” Riley shook her head.

“Well it’s past bed time for 3 year old girls.” Charlie said.

“No.” Riley shook her head.

“Yes.” Brax nodded. “You get to sleep now missy or no going to the beach tomorrow.”

“But daddy -” Riley started.

“Now.” Brax said again as Charlie stood up with her daughter in her arms.

Riley let out a big sigh as she started to play with Charlie’s hair. “Okay. I go bed. But we go swim tomorrow.”

“We sure will.” Brax smiled. “Maybe we could put a movie on or something once you get back?”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled weakly. “Just whatever you want.”

“Oooh we could see Nemo.” Riley said as Charlie began walking her out of the living room.

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “You are going to bed, remember?”

“After Nemo?” Riley questioned.

“No.” Charlie once again shook her head as she walked into the girls’ bedroom. She looked over to Paige, who was sound asleep, and wished Riley could be the same, but Riley usually had a bother getting down at night, or she had so for the last week anyways. “Right.” Charlie said as she tucked Riley into the bed. “No more getting up tonight okay?”

“Fine.” Riley sighed. “It nice to be with you is all.”

“I know.” Charlie smiled lightly. “But we will have a nice day tomorrow at the beach.”

“Just me and you and daddy?” Riley questioned.

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “Jacob and Paige too.” Charlie said. “And maybe Ruby and Xav.”

“Cool.” Riley smiled. “It be good fun.”

“Yeah, it’ll be great fun.” Charlie smiled before she gave her daughter a kiss. “Night sweetie.” Charlie smiled before she left the room, hoping this time, her daughter would go to sleep.

Charlie was sitting at the dining table, looking at the laptop screen, when Brax walked into the room, squinting his eyes as he came into the light. “Hey babe what are you doing up at this time?” Brax yawned as he put his hands on Charlie’s shoulders.

“I couldn’t sleep.” Charlie answered. “I just....every time I close my eyes I...” Charlie trailed off as she looked up to Brax.

“It’s okay.” Brax smiled lightly as he took a seat next to her. “Nothing is going to happen to you when I’m here.”

“I know.” Charlie answered as she looked back down at the laptop screen.

“What’s this?” Brax asked as he looked down to the screen.

“I eh...” Charlie said. “I don’t feel safe here anymore.” Charlie shook her head as she looked up to Brax. “I thought maybe....if we could afford it.....I want to move house. Somewhere were Ryan doesn’t know that I live.”

“Sure we can afford to move, but you know it doesn’t really solve this Ryan problem.”

“I know.” Charlie nodded. “I eh....I was thinking.....you’re right....I need too....” Charlie trailed off as she took a deep breath. “I need to tell the police.”

“I think that’s the right choice.” Brax smiled.

“Is it?” Charlie exhaled. “I mean I could very well just be setting you up to go to jail. I hate this.”

“Don’t worry about me baby.” Brax shook his head as he pulled her into a hug. “All that’s important right now is that Ryan pays for what he did.”

Charlie nodded lightly as she held on to Brax. “You’ll be okay, won’t you?” Charlie asked.

“Yeah.” Brax nodded. “I’m sure I’ll be fine.” Brax placed a soft kiss on the top of Charlie’s head before he looked down to her. “Now, are you going to let me see this house?” Brax asked. Charlie nodded lightly before the pair of them looked down to the laptop at the house that Charlie was looking at.

“Six bedrooms.” Charlie smiled. “So, if when the girls got older and if they wanted their own space they could have a room each, obviously one for us, one for Jacob and then two left for if Ruby and Xavier ever come visit....maybe with some kiddies.”

“Aren’t Ruby and Xavier moving back to the bay anyways?” Brax asked.

“Okay...eh....so if we had to babysit the grandkids....or we could turn one into a games room or play room for the kids and one can be a guest room if needed.”

“Yeah.” Brax smiled. “I like the sound of a game room....maybe a pool table, big screen TV.....oh a poker table for when the lads come over.”

“A games room for the kids, Brax.” Charlie said. “Not for you.”

“Aww no fair.” Brax exhaled lightly before he let out a small laugh. “But yeah sounds good.” Brax smiled before they looked down at the rest of the house. “Three bathrooms.” Brax smiled. “Two living rooms, spacious kitchen and dining area.....big back yard....a swimming pool....Charlie this looks lovely.”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “So do you maybe want to go and look at it?”

“Sure.” Brax nodded. “I call up about it in the morning.” Brax yawned before he stood up from the chair. “Now, you coming back to bed?”

“Yeah, I’ll be through in a minute. I’ll get this switched off and put away.”

“Okay.” Brax smiled before he placed a soft kiss on her forehead before he left the room. Charlie exhaled lightly before she switched off the laptop and put it away in the drawer. She took a deep breath before she walked over to the door, and checked it was locked before walking over to the back door and making sure that was locked too. She took another deep breath before she walked through to her bedroom and getting into bed, before she cuddled close to Brax.

Thanks everyone! :D So, that's my family away home. Those two weeks went by so fast!! So, yeah, I will probably be able to update more regularly again now. So here is another one, don't think much of it, but it's a start to me writing again! :lol: Hope you enjoy.

Chapter 96

Charlie, Brax and the kids walked out of the house, Jacob excitedly carrying his surf board, as Riley skipped by his side. Paige was holding Charlie’s hand, and Brax was walking beside them, his surfboard also with him. “Hey.” John smiled from his driveway.

“Hello Mr John.” Riley waved.

“Hello Riley.” John smiled down at the little girl. “Did you finally get to bed last night? You were up awful late for little girls”

“I no little.” Riley shook her head and the adults laughed lightly.

“Yeah, we eventually got her to sleep.” Charlie smiled lightly. “And eh...thank you for last night.”

“It’s no problem.” John smiled.

“John we are going to the beach.” Jacob smiled. “I’m going to surf with dad.”

“Ah that will be good.” John smiled before he looked down to Paige. “You going to have fun at the beach?”

Paige shook her head lightly before she wrapped her arm tightly around Charlie’s leg. “She fell.” Riley giggled.

“Yeah.” Jacob nodded. “Off the swing in the garden. She banged her chin off the ground.”

“Aww that doesn’t sound nice.” John said. “You okay Paige?”

“No.” Paige said. “It hurted.”

“Yes, but mummy and daddy both kissed it all better, right?” Charlie questioned as she looked down to her daughter. Paige nodded lightly in reply.

“Let’s go the beach.” Riley shrieked as she pulled on Brax’s hand. “Let’s go the beach now.”

“Settle petal.” Brax laughed as he put his hand onto Riley’s head.

“I go swim.” Riley sighed. “Let’s go.”

“C’mon then.” Charlie said as she began walking away from John with Paige still holding onto her, Riley and Jacob running off in front excitedly. “Bye John.” Charlie said before she walked faster, trying to keep up with an excited Jacob and Riley.

“Eh...Charlie spoke to the police this morning.” Brax exhaled lightly. “They’re going to following it up, but you might be needed as a witness to seeing him lurking about here.”

“Ah yeah that’s fine.” John nodded. “But am I missing something here? What’s he done to make her want to go to the police?”

“Look eh....he eh....he tried to rape her.” Brax said quietly.

“Oh gosh I’m so sorry Brax.” John said. “If eh there’s anything you need -”

“I think she just needs space to help get passed it.” Brax exhaled. “She’s been through this before, well, not just attempt hey, it happened and then she had to live it again with Ruby when Casey....” Brax trailed off. “Anyways, I think memories of that happening is coming back to her...but don’t let on I said anything hey, I don’t think she’s really wanting people to know.”

“It’s safe with me.” John said. “And if I get questioned I’ll let the police know everything I know.”

“Thanks John.” Brax smiled.

“Daddy.” Riley shouted. “Move your butt.”

“Riley Mae Braxton.” Brax said as he walked closer to his daughter. “Don’t you talk to daddy like that.”

“Well I want to swim.” Riley cried in frustration.

“Well be patient sweetie.” Brax said as he took her hand.

“I no can be.” Riley shook her head.

“We all know that.” Charlie laughed as they continued to walk down to the beach.

“I like making sandcastles.” Paige grinned up at Charlie as she filled her bucket with sand.

“Yeah, you’ve made a lot.” Charlie smiled as she looked at the 4 sandcastles already in front of her.

“Well they’s pretty.” Paige smiled.

“Yeah, just like you.” Charlie smiled as she looked down at her daughter. She was the one who resembled Charlie the most. Although the twins both had the same blue eyes and chocolaty brown hair, Riley’s face was all Brax, and Paige’s Charlie’s. Although you could tell the girls were sisters, they were far from being identical. Paige was very girly and liked all things pink, and Riley was tomboy, who wanted nothing more than for her daddy to show her how to surf, but upon Charlie’s instance, she would have to wait until she was 4. Charlie ran her hand through Paige’s curly locks as the loose curls blew gently in the slight wind. Paige’s hair resembled that of Ruby’s, whereas Riley’s had a slight wave to it, like Charlie’s.

“And you mummy.” Paige smiled. “You the prettiest.”

“Aww thank you sweetheart.”

Paige giggled lightly as she tapped the top of the bucket before lifting it up, revealing another sandcastle. “I go get to look for shells.” Paige said as she stood up and ran off in the sand.

“Stay where mummy can see you.” Charlie shouted.

“Yeah.” Paige shouted as she looked around the sand for her shells. After a few minutes of looking she ran back up to Charlie, satisfied with her choices. “Look mummy.” Paige smiled as she put the shells down in front of Charlie. Charlie looked down at the shells, three of them white and a light brown colour, two of them pure white and the final one, white and a nice light shade of a pink colour.

“Ahh, they are very pretty Paige.” Charlie smiled as she watched her daughter putting the shells on top of the sandcastles. “Oh you got one to many.” Charlie said as she looked down to the shell that was in her daughters hand.

“No. I meaned to take it.” Paige said. “It the prettiest.” Paige smiled as she looked down at the white and pink shell in her hand. “It for you.” Paige put the shell in Charlie’s hand. “Prettiest for the prettiest.”

“Aww thank you sweet pea.” Charlie smiled as Paige climbed up onto her knee and into a hug.

“I go in the water?” Paige asked as she looked up to her mother.

“If you want.” Charlie said, surprised at her daughters request.

“I do.” Paige nodded as she stood up from Charlie’s knee and held her hand out for Charlie to take. Charlie stood up and walked down to the sea with her daughter. As Paige’s ankles became covered with water, she stopped and looked up to Charlie. “This is far ‘nuff.” Paige said and Charlie smiled lightly as she stood beside her daughter, hand in hand as they watched Brax with Riley and Jacob. The kids’ giggles bringing a big smile to Charlie’s face.

“So, you’re Mum and Brax are going to go look at that house tomorrow.” Xavier said as he took a seat in the diner opposite Ruby.

“Yeah.” Ruby smiled lightly as she put her hand on her chest and swallowed.

“Are you okay?” Xavier asked.

“Yeah, I just felt like I was going to throw up for a bit there....so what were you saying about the house?”

“I just wondered if you were going to go see it with them?” Xavier questioned.

“Oh....probably.” Ruby smiled. “Are you not going to be about?”

“Remember I said I was going to this boat show thing with John.” Xavier screwed his face up. “He got the tickets from some business guy and he wants to go, but mum can’t. I guess it’ll be okay.”

“Oh yeah, I’m just sorry there’s not a 3rd ticket.” Ruby laughed.

“You can take mines.” Xavier said. “I’d gladly give it up for you and it would be nice for you to spend the day with your sort of father-in-law.”

“Nah no thanks.” Ruby shook her head. “I’ll stick to house hunting with mum.”

“Well don’t stay I didn’t offer.” Xavier laughed lightly.

“Yeah.” Ruby nodded. “I’m just sad we have to leave soon.”

“It won’t be much longer till Hawaii though.” Xavier smiled. “And then we’ll almost be moving home...well back to the bay.”

“Yeah.” Ruby grinned. “I can’t wait.” Ruby said before she once again put her hand over her chest, before bringing it up to her mouth. “Excuse me.” Ruby said before she ran off in the direction of the bathroom.

“You okay?” Xavier asked as Ruby sat back down at the table.

Ruby shook her head. “I’ve just been pretty sick.”

“Well do you want to go back to your mum’s?” Xavier questioned. “Have a little lie down?”

“I eh...” Ruby paused as she thought she was going to be sick again. She cleared her throat before nodding. “Yeah, please.”

“Hey guys, what can I get you today?” Leah asked as she walked over to them.

“Nothing, sorry Leah.” Xavier said as he stood up. “Ruby’s feeling a bit off. We’re going to go home.”

“Ah well yeah, go get some rest.” Leah smiled as she rubbed Ruby’s arm.

“Bye.” Ruby said before she and Xavier walked out of the diner and made their way home.

Thank you mizziette, Sarah, soph1303, beebee, Red Ranger 1, totally, Zoe, RoRo90, Chester-Sam, pembie, Zetti and Spot1 for the lovely comments. Hope you like this next one. :)

Chapter 97

After spending the morning at the beach, Charlie, Brax and the kids went up to the diner to grab some lunch. “Hello Leah.” Paige grinned as she climbed up onto the seat.

“Hey Paigey.” Leah smiled. “How are you today?”

“Good.” Paige nodded lightly. “We been beach. I build sandcastles and go in the sea a little bit.”

“Ahh wow, sounds like fun.”

“Yeah.” Jacob nodded. “Better than school.”

“I bet it was.” Leah smiled lightly at the boy.

“And what did you get up to Miss Riley?” Leah asked as she looked down to her.

“I swim and I swim and I swim.” Riley answered.

“Oh so you like to swim eh.”

“Yeah.” Riley nodded. “I nearly without my bands.” Riley smiled. “And I want to surf like Jake and daddy but mummy said no.” Riley sighed lightly as she shook her head. “It no fair.”

“I told you when you were four you can learn.”

“I be four soon?” Riley asked.

“In a year.” Charlie answered. “You’ve only been 3 for a week.”

“Well that’s too long.” Riley sighed. “You no fair.”

“Sorry sweetie.” Charlie said. “You’ve got all your life to surf. I want you to stay cute and little for now.”

“I still be cute.” Riley said. “I be cute an surf.”

“Riley she says no.” Paige shook her head. “Listen to mummy.”

“Anyways girls.” Brax said. “Leah is here to take our order. What do you want for lunch?” The girls both shrugged their shoulders as they pulled a face.

“I’ll have the chilli chicken wrap.” Charlie said.

Paige scratched the side of her head. “Same as mummy.”

“Will she eat that?” Leah asked and Charlie shook her head.

“It’ll be too hot for her.”

“I can give her a wrap with just plain chicken, then the lettuce and mayo.”

“Yeah, that’ll be good thanks.” Charlie smiled.

“Ooo I want that to please Leah.” Jacob said. “But can I get bacon too?”

“Sure you can.” Leah smiled as she wrote down the order.

“Bacon cheese burger.” Brax smiled. “And a coke.”

“And for Riley?” Leah asked.

“Eh.....” Riley shook her head before she looked up to Leah. “I no no.” Riley sighed lightly before she scratched her head. “Oh oh cheese and ham.” Riley smiled.

“You can’t just have cheese and ham.” Jacob laughed.

“No....on the hot crispy bread.”

“Like a toastie?” Charlie said and Riley nodded.

“Sorted.” Brax smiled. “And the kids will have apple juice.”

“I’ll just have a glass of water.” Charlie said and Leah nodded before she walked off to the kitchen to make their order.

“So kids.” Brax said. “You know what we are going to look at tomorrow?”

“No. What it be?” Paige questioned.

“A new house.” Brax answered. “And you know what it has in the back garden?”

“Eh....a tree house?” Jacob smiled.

“No.” Brax shook his head. “But we can build a tree house if you want one bud.”

“Yeah.” Jacob smiled.

“Is our house sick?” Paige questioned.

“What do you mean is it sick?” Charlie laughed.

“Well why we get a new one?”

“Because this house looks really cool.” Brax answered. “There are lots of rooms. Enough for us to make a play room just for your kiddies.”

“Wow.” Riley gasped. “No mummies or daddies allowed in?”

“No.” Brax shook his head. “Just for you kiddies.”

“That’s cool.” Jacob smiled. “Where is it?”

“It’s out by Thorns Lake.” Charlie said.

“So I no need to change my schools?”

“No no.” Charlie shook her head. “It’s still in the bay. Well 10 minutes outside it. So we’ll still be here all the time.”

“That’s okay then.” Jacob nodded. “I no want to change my friends.”

“C’mon guys, you’re supposed to be guessing what’s in the garden.”

“No.” Paige shook her head. “Me, mummy and Riley is not guys....we’s girls.”

“Okay, sorry. Girls and Jake.” Brax corrected himself. “Something Jake and Riley love to do.”

“It be swimming.” Riley nodded her head excitedly. “I love that the mostest.”

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “It’s a swimming pool.”

“Oh.” Paige bowed her head down sadly as Jacob and Riley cheered in excitement. “I no like that.”

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “But we will get a swing set, and a climbing frame and a slide for you.”

“Cool.” Paige smiled. “And a tramoline?”

“Oh I’m sure we could.” Brax smiled.

“When we go?” Jacob asked.

“Well we are just going to look at it.” Brax said. “But if we like it enough we could buy it.”

“Do I still get my own room?” Jacob asked.

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded.

“Me too?” Paige asked. “Riley is messy.”

“Maybe.” Charlie smiled. “There’s enough room if you want to have your own rooms.”

“No.” Riley shook her head. “I like sharing wiff Paige.”

“We’ll see what happens.” Brax answered as Leah brought over their drinks.

“Charlie, I was meant to say, do you know how Ruby is doing?” Leah asked.

“She’s fine as far as I know.” Charlie said. “Why?”

“She was in earlier.” Leah said. “Went home before ordering anything. Said she didn’t feel well.”

“Oh.” Charlie answered. “I’ll head home after lunch and see how she is. Thanks for letting me know.”

“It’s no problem.” Leah smiled lightly.

“Leah were my lunch?” Riley asked.

“It’ll be here in a few minutes.” Leah smiled down at the girl, before walking back towards the kitchen.

Charlie knocked on the door of Ruby’s room and walked in to find her daughter lying on the bed, buried under her covers. “Hey, Leah said you were feeling bit sick?”

“I think it’s passed.” Ruby answered as she sat up in the bed. Charlie smiled at her daughter as she sat down in the bed next to her, pressing her hand against Ruby’s forehead for a moment. “Maybe it’s just a bug going round. I felt funny yesterday too.”

“Funny how?” Charlie questioned.

“Well sick in the morning, then in the afternoon I had a bit of tummy cramps.”

“So you’ve been having bouts of sickness and you’ve had stomach cramps?” Charlie questioned.

“Yeah.” Ruby nodded.

“Maybe it’s worth taking a pregnancy test?”

“Well I dunno I mean, I haven’t missed a period yet. Or well sort of.”

“What do you mean, sort of?” Charlie questioned.

“Well I’m two days late.” Ruby exhaled. “But that’s sometimes normal. For me, sometimes I don’t start until a few days after I expect it, or sometimes it’s a few days before I expected it.”

“Okay.” Charlie nodded lightly. “I still think it’s worth taking a pregnancy test though.”

“But is it?” Ruby questioned. “It’s not like we’ve been trying yet. Xavier and I said we wouldn’t start trying until I was done with the band in July.”

“Just because you haven’t been trying, it doesn’t mean you aren’t pregnant. I mean look at Jacob. Angelo and I didn’t plan on getting pregnant, but I still did.”

“You’ve practically just said your son was a mistake.” Ruby said.

“You know I don’t think that.” Charlie sighed. “I wouldn’t wish to be rid of Jacob for anything. And once I got over the shock of being pregnant, I was really happy that I was.”

“I know.” Ruby smiled lightly. “I just didn’t really expect this. We always been safe.”

“Always?” Charlie questioned. “There wasn’t even one time you got lost in the moment?”

“Not that I can remember.” Ruby sighed. “But, you’re right; I do think I could be pregnant. I guess I’m just a little scared to admit it. I know we’ve talked about kids, but it’s a baby.” Ruby pursed her lips together as she looked up at her mother. As Charlie looked at her daughter, she didn’t see her strong 23-year-old daughter, but a scared little girl.

“Rubes, you’re great with Jake and the girls. Even Ash and Bella....you’re going to make a great mum.”

“You really think so?” Ruby questioned. “I mean it’s a baby. A baby....I’m scared even thinking about this now.”

“Yeah, baby’s are a big step and it’s scary....I’m not going to lie to you, Rubes, when I got pregnant with the twins...I was scared too.”

“But you planned them?” Ruby questioned.

“Yeah. And I was still scared. Brax and I had only been back together for just over a year and to be honest at that point in our relationship I was still a little wary that he’d go back to his old ways and then I’d be left on my own with a toddler and two new-born’s.”

“So why agree to have the babies?”

“I love him.” Charlie exhaled. “And I had to trust he would do the right thing, and so far he has and I now trust that that life is behind him.”

“Well I know Xav would always be here.” Ruby smiled.

“He would. He’ll make a great father and you’ll make a great mother.”

Ruby smiled lightly before she took a deep breath. “If I go buy a test....I know that Xav will like to be with me when I take it, but...can you be too? You know, when I am waiting on the results?”

“Of course I can.” Charlie smiled before she pulled her daughter into a hug.

Thank you Red Ranger 1, RoRo90, Sarah, Zoe, pembie and beebee for the comments. Hope you like this next one. :)

Chapter 98

Brax walked back into the house with the bottle of champagne. “So I guess a little celebrating is in order.” Brax smiled.

“Eh...well since you aren’t drinking and Ruby definitely can’t drink, I think it’s only me and Xavier who will be doing the celebrating.” Charlie said as she took the bottle from Brax’s hand.

“Well see I thought about that, and I bought non-alcoholic stuff, so we can actually all drink it. And this way, the kids can take part in the celebrations too.”

“Ahh.” Charlie smiled lightly. “Well get the glasses then. Here, Xavier, you can open it.” Xavier smiled lightly as he popped the champagne open, before pouring 7 glasses, of the sparkling apple flavoured drink. Brax shouted the kids through from playing in their rooms and they all sat around the dining table, with Paige taking a place on Charlie’s knee.

“Why we got chamane?” Riley asked.

“Oh because we are all happy.” Xavier answered. “Really really happy.” Xavier smiled as he put his arm around Ruby and kissed her softly.

Paige giggled. “You’s kissing.”

“Yeah.” Ruby smiled.

“So, a little toast is in order.” Brax smiled as raised his glass. “Rubes and Xav. You two are going to make great parents and I couldn’t be happier for you both. That and the fact you are making Charlie a grandmother by the time she is 38, I love that.” Brax laughed lightly as he gave Charlie a cheeky grin. “And now we can give you our 3 from time to time so you can get practising.” Brax grinned.

“Ahh Ruby can’t be doing too much now.” Xavier shook his head. “She has to do as little as possible from now on.”

“You do realise I am going on tour next week, right?” Ruby answered.

“I don’t like that idea anymore.” Xavier shook his head. “What if something happens to you or the baby?”

“Well I can’t back out of it now.” Ruby shook her head. “And besides it’s not as if I am 7 months along and going to be doing back flips and running around the stage. I can only be like a month along, tops, and I pretty much just stand there and sing.”

“I know, but you are going to be on the road for almost 3 months.” Xavier sighed. “And obviously, bub goes with you. It’ll just make me feel a bit uneasy.”

“I know but the guys will make sure I’m okay. We’re close like that.”

“Yeah.” Xavier nodded. “I’d just rather it wasn’t Matt.”

“Aw c’mon Xavier. Matt and I ended like almost 3 years ago. I married you, he is in a relationship...you’ve always trusted me in the past, why are you worried about us now?”

Before Xavier had the chance to answer the doorbell rang. “Ooh I’ll get it.” Jacob jumped down from the table and ran across the room and opened the door as Charlie was also making her way across. “Hello.” Jacob smiled to the woman at the door.

“Hey buddy, is your daddy home?”

“Georgie.” Charlie said as she appeared at the door. “What can I do for you?”

“Charlie.” Georgie smiled lightly. “I’d eh....I’d like to talk to Darryl.”

“You can come in.” Jacob smiled. “We’ve got champagne.”

Georgie smiled down at the boy before she stepped into the house and looked over to see the girls drinking the champagne. “It’s non-alcoholic.” Charlie said and Georgie gave a small nod as Brax walked over to them.

“Sergeant.” Brax said. “What can I do for you?”

Georgie looked around the room to see everyone staring at her. She looked into the innocent eyes of Paige and Riley and then to Jacob, who were all staring intently at her and exhaled lightly. “I’m sorry I have to do this.” Georgie said. She took a deep breath as she took her handcuffs from her belt before looking up to Brax. “Darryl Braxton I’m arresting you for the assault of Mr Ryan Sullivan. You don’t have to say anything but anything you do say may be used in court.” Georgie said as she put the cuff’s on Brax and began walking him outside of the house.

Charlie ran out after him and Jacob and the girls ran out of the house too. “Daddy.” Riley shouted. “Where you go?” Brax looked up to Georgie with a pleading look on his face.

“Just give me a minute.” Brax said and Georgie nodded lightly as Riley ran up to him and wrapped her arms around his leg.

“Hey sweetie, look up at me.” Brax said and Riley pulled back as Brax bent down to her level. Charlie, Paige and Jacob caught up with them, as Ruby and Xavier stood and watched from the porch. Charlie stood with one hand on Jacob’s shoulder and Paige took a hold of her other hand. “Daddy has to go with this lady right now and answer some questions.”

“Why?” Riley asked.

Brax took a deep breath as he looked up to Charlie for a second before looking back down at Riley. “Because daddy did the wrong thing and he needs to go get punished for it.”

“Like on the naughty step?” Riley questioned. Brax laughed lightly as he nodded his head.

“Yeah, kinda like that.” Brax answered.

“You be on it a long time.” Riley giggled.

“Yeah.” Brax said as he stood back up to his feet. He exhaled as he looked up to Charlie once more.

“I’m so sorry.” Charlie said as she let go of Jacob and Paige and stepped closer to him and wrapped her arms around him.

“Hey, it’s not your fault.” Brax said. “And I’m only going for questioning, right?” Brax said as he looked up to Georgie who gave a gently nod. “I’ll be home soon.” Brax placed a soft kiss on Charlie’s forehead before Georgie stepped forward and directed him into the car. As Georgie drove away Brax rested his head against the headrest and took a deep breath, and only hoped that he would in fact be home soon.

“Did you really have to do that?” Brax questioned as he was led into the room for questioning.

“Do what?” Georgie asked as they sat down at the desk.

“You know fine well what.” Brax answered. “Cuff me in front of my kids.”

“I was just doing my job.” Georgie replied.

“I wouldn’t have struggled. I would have come with you without a problem. A 6-year-old and 3-year-olds shouldn’t have to see that.”

“Well maybe you should behave.” Georgie retorted.

“Well maybe if the guy didn’t try to rape Charlie I would have.” Brax raised his voice. “He deserved all he got.”

“Look I am not saying what he did was right, but you shouldn’t have assaulted him.”

“So what?” Brax questioned. “I was just supposed to stand back and let him rape her?”

“No.” Georgie shook her head. “But you shouldn’t have assaulted him. Perhaps calling the police would have been the better idea.”

“By the time I called you and you got here she would have been raped.” Brax yelled. “And I wasn’t about to stand back and let that happen to her for a second time. So if you want me to be sorry for punching up that scum, then yeah, I’m sorry. I’m sorry I didn’t hurt him even more.”

“Making comments like that isn’t going to do anything to help you.” Georgie said.

“Look, I’m not trying to get out of this.” Brax shook his head. “I know what I did was wrong, and I’m willing to take the punishment, so can you just tell me what’s happening?”

Georgie exhaled lightly as she looked to Brax. “Darryl...I need keep you in custody, at least overnight.”

Brax nodded lightly. “So, do I get to phone Charlie, let her know what’s happening?”

“Sure.” Georgie nodded lightly as she led Brax out of the room towards the phone.

Charlie ran into the station and straight into Georgie’s office. “Why are you doing this?” Charlie asked as she felt tears come to her eyes. “He doesn’t need to be put in custody.”

“Charlie I’m sorry, but you know this needs to be done.”

“No.” Charlie raised her voice. “It doesn’t.”

“He needs to be punished for assault.” Georgie argued.

“Okay, so what about Ryan? Is he is police custody?”

“He was brought in for questioning and later released.”

“So you let Ryan go after what he tried to do to me, but you’re keeping Brax in custody because he tried to protect me?” Charlie shouted. “How does that make sense?”

“What Brax did was wrong and -”

“Ah and what Ryan did was perfectly fine, right?” Charlie questioned. “Georgie, please I need him to come home.” Charlie said as a tear rolled down her cheek. “Right now I need him. I’m scared if he's not there.”

“I’m sorry about how you feel and if it’ll make you feel any better I can get police officers to sit outside your home to -”

“No. I don’t want the police sitting outside my home. I just want Brax to be there.”

“I’m sorry.” Georgie shook her head.

“Well can you at least let me go and talk to him?” Charlie asked. “Just 5 minutes.”

Georgie exhaled lightly. She knew she shouldn’t really be allowing it, but she did feel for Charlie. She looked at the woman, who seemed scared and broken and nodded lightly. “You can have 5 minutes.” Georgie said as she led Charlie across to the holding cell and unlocked it, allowing Charlie to step inside before she locked it up again. “I’ll be back in 5.” Georgie said before she disappeared from sight.

“I’m so sorry Brax.” Charlie cried.

“Hey, it’s not your fault.” Brax whispered as he pulled her into a hug. “I hit the guy, I need to be punished for it.”

“I should never have told the police.” Charlie said between the tears.

“Yes you should have.” Brax nodded lightly. “You can’t let him get away with this. Free to be out there to keep trying until he succeeds.”

“But he is out there.” Charlie cried. “They’ve not kept him in custody, but they are keeping you. How is that fair?”

“It’s not.” Brax shook his head. “But they will arrest him Charlie, I believe that. And Georgie said to me that I will most probably only be kept overnight then I’ll get to come home.”

“But I need you tonight.” Charlie cried. “Who’s going to be there for me now? What if he comes back?”

“He won’t.” Brax shook his head. “If he has any sense, that is. He’s already been questioned by the police. He won’t want to make things even worse for himself.”

“You really think so?” Charlie sniffed back as she looked up to Brax.

“I hope so.” Brax smiled. “And hey, we’ve got the house to go and look at tomorrow, and then Hawaii to look forward too. You just concentrate on that and I’ll be home tomorrow to come to the house with you.”

“You don’t know that for sure.” Charlie shook her head.

“No.” Brax smiled weakly. “But we’ve got to hope, right?” Charlie nodded lightly before she went back into the hug, never wanting to let go.

Thanks everyone. :)

Chapter 99

Charlie was sitting on the couch, the whole room in silence, as she just sat there staring out at nothing. “Can’t sleep either?” Xavier questioned as he walked into the room, heading for the kitchen and pouring himself a glass of water.

Charlie shook her head lightly. “I put him in jail.”

“Charlie.” Xavier sighed lightly as he walked over to the couch and sat down next to her. “You didn’t put him jail.”

“He’s there because of me.” Charlie said as she wiped over her eyes, trying to push back her tears.

“No. He’s there because of Ryan. He’s there because he did the right thing by stopping you from getting hurt.”

“Xavier, you’re never going to make it seem like it’s not my fault.” Charlie exhaled lightly as she shook her head. “I just hope he doesn’t go down for this. That it is just for tonight that he’s in custody for.”

“You know even if it does come to it, maybe the charges won’t hold up in court. They might see it as provocation and he’ll be let off.” Xavier said.

“We should be so lucky.” Charlie sighed lightly as she played with the lose thread hanging from the cushion.

“Well, we’ll try and stay positive, yeah?”

“Try being the operative word.” Charlie sighed.

“Be positive. It’ll all be fine.” Xavier smiled lightly as he stood up from the couch. “I’m going to try to get some sleep. Will you be okay?”

Charlie nodded lightly as she looked up to Xavier. “Could you just check all the doors and windows are locked?” Charlie asked and Xavier nodded lightly.

“Sure I can.” Xavier smiled lightly before he disappeared out of sight. Charlie exhaled lightly as she played with her promise ring. After she sat on her own for a few minutes, Paige and Riley came running into the room.

“Hey, girls what are you two doing up?” Charlie asked as the girls climbed up onto the couch. Paige taking place on Charlie’s knee and Riley cuddling in close beside her. Charlie wrapped one arm around Riley and put her other around Paige.

“She woked me.” Paige yawned.

“Aww Riley, what you doing waking your sister up?”

“Cos I woked.” Riley answered.

“Well you didn’t need to wake Paige up. You could have just came through to mummy.”

“Yeah...I woked her too so we come see you togethers.”

Charlie smiled lightly as she looked down to her daughter. Although they were only 3 years old, Charlie knew that they sensed something wasn’t right. “So I guess this means you don’t want to sleep?”

“I do’s.” Paige put her hand up as she once again yawned. Charlie smiled lightly as she gently pushed Paige back, so she was lying on Charlie.

“Well you go back to sleep.” Charlie said softly as she placed a kiss on her daughters head.

“Mummy is daddy home?” Riley asked.

“No sweetie.” Charlie shook her head. “Maybe in the morning.”

“Why.” Riley asked sadly.

“He’s getting asked lots of questions from that lady.” Charlie answered.

“I miss him too much already.” Riley sighed.

“I know you do.” Charlie said as she ran her hand through her daughter’s hair. “Mummy does too.”

“Can we draw him pictures?” Riley asked as she got up onto her knees on the couch and looked up to Charlie.

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “How about we do that in the morning because it’s awfully late right now and it’s time for mummy to go to bed.”

“Okay.” Riley sighed. “But I no want bed.” Riley shook her head. Charlie laughed lightly as she stood up from the couch holding a sleeping Paige in her arms.

“How about, just for tonight, we have a sleepover in mummy’s bed?”

“All of us? Like Jake and Ruby and Xava too?” Riley asked and Charlie laughed lightly.

“No, just you and Paigey.” Charlie smiled as she took her daughters hand and she jumped down from the couch.

“Cool.” Riley grinned. “I like to do that.” Riley eyes lit up in excitement. “I just get somethings.” Riley said as she let go of Charlie’s hand and ran through to her bedroom, returning moments later with the two octopuses that the girls had had since birth. “This is Paige’s.” Riley said as she held it up for Charlie to take. Charlie smiled lightly at her daughter as she took the octopus in her hand before they walked through to the bedroom together. Riley climbed up excitedly onto the bed and crawled under the covers. Charlie lay a sleeping Paige down in the bed and crawled in between her two girls and wrapped her arms around them and held them close to her.

“This is fun.” Riley giggled.

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled lightly as she placed a kiss on Riley’s forehead. “Now, close your eyes and try to get some sleep.”

“Then daddy will be home?” Riley asked.

“I hope so, sweetie. I really hope so.” Charlie whispered before she kissed her once more, before closing her eyes to sleep.

“Morning.” Ruby yawned as she walked into the kitchen.

“You sleepy head.” Paige giggled up to Ruby.

“Yeah. It been morning ages.” Riley laughed.

“Yeah...Jake goes school and Xava is out with his John.” Paige said as she picked up the orange crayon from the table and started to scribble on the sheet of paper.

“School?” Ruby questioned as she screwed her face up. “It’s not that late, is it?” Ruby asked as she opened the fridge and pulled out the orange juice before pouring herself a glass.

“It’s 10.22.” Charlie answered as she quickly glanced at her watch.

“What?” Ruby questioned. “Why didn’t Xavier wake me?”

“I guess he thought you could do with the sleep.” Charlie answered.

“Ruby we drawing daddy pictures.” Riley smiled. “He like ‘em ay?”

“Aww yeah, I’m sure he will.” Ruby smiled as she sat down at the table next to her mother.

“How you feeling this morning?” Charlie asked as she looked around to Ruby.

“Fine so far.” Riley smiled as she patted her stomach. “So...eh...are you still going to see the house today?”

“Not without Brax.” Charlie shook her head.

“It might help take your mind off where he is.” Ruby said before taking a drink of her juice.

“What by going to look at the place where we might be starting our new life....the rest of our lives together....deciding which bedroom would be ours, or how we could decorate the living room.... all when he’s not there...when I go to see that house I want Brax to be with me so we can paint images of what we could do to the place together.”

“I could come.” Ruby smiled. “I know it’s not the same, but we could plan a nursery for when you are looking after bub.” Ruby said as she lightly rubbed her stomach. “She’s going to need a room at her favourite grandma’s.”

“She will not be calling me grandma.” Charlie shook her head.

“Okay....well nana, granny, grandmother, grandmum, grams, gamma, grandmamma...we don’t need to decide straight away.”

“Charlie will do.” Charlie said.

“No way.” Ruby shook her head. “You’re going to be a grandparent. You need to take one of the names. If you don’t like any of them you can have maw, mamo, mawmaw, memaw, mema, nanny -”

“Okay, that’s enough of that.” Charlie said. “We can decide nearer the time what he’ll call me.”

“What do you think girls?” Ruby questioned. “What should the baby call mum?”

“Mummy.” Paige answered. “It her name silly.”

Ruby laughed lightly at her sister. “But she’s not the baby’s mum. I am, so I’ll be mummy.”

“Oh.” Paige giggled before she shrugged her shoulders.

“Mummy Charlie.” Riley smiled. “Yeah I like that.”

Charlie laughed lightly at her girls before looking down to her watch. “If you still want to go to the house we have time to get there.” Ruby said. “And if you’re not going you should probably phone the estate agent to let her know.”

Charlie sighed lightly as she stood up from the table and walked over to the phone. She picked it up and dialled the number of her estate agent. “Hello, Michelle....hey yeah it’s Charlie Buckton here.....I’m okay thanks, eh listen, about today, I -”

Charlie trailed off as the door opened and Brax walked into the house. “Daddy.” Riley shouted as she jumped down from the table and ran into his arms.

“Hey, sweetie.” Brax smiled as Paige also made her way across to him.

Charlie and Brax shared a smile before Charlie continued her phone conversation. “I was just making sure we were still on for 11?.....yeah great, okay we’ll see you there.” Charlie said before she hung up the phone and ran into Brax’s arms. Brax gave Charlie a hug before he smiled down at her.

“I told you I’d only be a night.” Brax grinned. “Now, who’s ready to go and see this new house?”

Thank you everyone. Hope this one is okay. I'm not so sure. :(

Chapter 100

Charlie, Brax, Ruby, Michelle and the twins walked into the house, and into the large spacious kitchen. “When we see the pool?” Riley asked.

“After we’ve seen the inside of the house.” Charlie answered.

“I go see pool.” Riley said.

“Does someone like swimming?” Michelle asked as she looked down to the little girl.

Riley nodded her head. “And Jacob.”

“He our brother.” Paige said. “But he at school.”

“He in grade 1.” Riley said. “He be’s 6.”

“He no sees the house.” Paige giggled.

“Well maybe if your mummy and daddy like it enough he will get to see the house.” Michelle smiled down at the girls.

“This kitchen is real big.” Paige said.

“I’s no care.” Riley shook her head. “I want to see the pool.”

“No.” Paige shook her head. “We can bake Dora cakes in here.”

“Oh yeah.” Riley smiled. “I like it too.” Michelle smiled down at the girls once again, before they walked down the hall, and into the first of two living rooms.

“Wow.” Riley gasped. “Look at the TV.” Riley pointed to the huge 52 inch screen in amazement.

“Aww I’m afraid we won’t be keeping the TV.” Brax said as he put his hand on Riley’s head.

“Why?” Riley asked.

“Because the previous owners will to take their TV with them to their new house.”

“No fairs.” Riley sighed.

“We have a TV at home we can bring.” Charlie said.

“It not big like that one.” Riley answered.

“It still be the same.” Paige said. “Ay mummy?” Paige said as she ran over to Charlie and took a hold of her hand.

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “It will be.”

“Eh could you tell me where the closest bathroom is?” Ruby asked as she covered her mouth with her hand.

“Down the hall. Second on the left.” Michelle answered and Ruby ran from the room. “She okay?”

“Yeah, she’ll be fine.” Charlie smiled lightly.

“Okay, well I will let you look around the rest of the house yourself and I’ll meet you outside again and we’ll take this little one to see the swimming pool.” Michelle said before she left them to look around the house themselves.

Brax was standing in the master bedroom, looking out the window, at the view of the lake and trees surrounding it. “Lovely view eh.” Brax smiled as he turned around and opened his arms out. Charlie nodded lightly as she walked into his arms.

“I like what I see.” Charlie smiled before she placed a soft kiss on Brax’s lips.

“I was talking about the view.” Brax replied.

“Mmm that’s nice too.” Charlie grinned.

“So what do you think so far of this place?” Brax questioned.

“I love it.” Charlie smiled.

“And we can have our own bathroom.” Brax said. “No more barbies in the bath, or rubber ducky’s, boats, fish....”

“Aww, but you love your rubber ducky’s.” Charlie grinned.

“Seriously, it would be good. We have our en-suite, the girls can have a bathroom and Jacob can have his own bathroom.”

“3 bathrooms.” Charlie screwed her face up. “That just sounds like a lot to clean.”

“Well maybe that’s one negative.” Brax said. “But this house is in a lovely location....no neighbours so the kids can run wild outside all they want....we can have barbecues out by the lake....”

“I know.” Charlie smiled.

“Mummy mummy.” Paige shouted excitedly as she ran into the room. “Come see.”

“Come see what?” Charlie asked.

“Come see. It be the bestest.” Paige said as she jumped up and down in excitement. Charlie and Brax followed Paige down the hall and into one of the bedrooms.

“Aww Paige.” Charlie smiled as she looked around the room. It was pink. Very pink. Pink walls, pink carpet, pinkbed, pink bedsheet....everything about it.

“It for me’s?” Paige said. “I love pink.”

“Yeah you do.” Charlie smiled.

“See this room is already painted in Paige’s favourite colour. We need to make an offer on this house.” Brax smiled from the doorway.

“Ahh but Riley doesn’t like pink.” Charlie shook her head.

“She can go in another one.” Paige answered.

“No.” Riley said as she appeared at the doorway with Ruby. “I stay wiff Paige.”

“No’s Riley.” Paige shook her head. “I have pink one. You no.”

“Daddy.” Riley said sadly as she held her arms up. Brax lifted his daughter into his arms. “I stay too with Paige.”

“We’ll see.” Brax smiled. “We don’t have to think about that right now.”

“You alright Rubes?” Charlie questioned.

“Yeah, just a little sick.” Ruby smiled lightly as she patted her stomach.

“Aww it’s all worth it though.” Brax grinned as he tickled Riley's side.

“Like you would know.” Charlie laughed. “I seem to recall I was the one who carried the girls.”

“I know. But, I was with you every step of the way.”

“Yeah true, you know exactly how it feels.” Charlie shook her head lightly before they all left the bedroom and headed outside and into the back garden where they met Michelle again, as Ruby took Riley over to the pool.

“So, what do you think?” Michelle asked.

“We love it.” Brax smiled. “I really think we are keen to make an offer.”

“Let’s not rush into it.” Charlie said. “I think we should go home and talk about it.”

“Oh.” Brax nodded feeling kind of confused. “Well okay then.”

“Well I do have another family viewing the home later today, so if you really are serious about this place, I would put an offer in as soon as you can.”

“Eh yeah, we will.” Charlie smiled lightly before she shouted over to Riley and Ruby, before they all left the house.

“So.” Brax said as he sat down on the couch next to Charlie. “Have you changed your mind about this house? I thought you loved it.”

“I do.” Charlie nodded. “And it’s not that I’ve changed my mind, because I would love to live there and the location....it’s just....it’s gorgeous, and it’s not that far from the plot where Ruby and Xavier are wanting to build their house...but....Brax, it’s too expensive. We can’t afford to move there.”

“Well maybe if we juggled some money around.”

“Brax.” Charlie shook her head. “We can’t.”

Brax exhaled lightly as he put his hand on Charlie’s arm. “I could sell the restaurant.”

“Don’t be silly.” Charlie said.

“I’m not.” Brax replied.

“You are.” Charlie sighed. “You put a lot of work and time and money into that place. You just promised Xavier a job....Brax selling the restaurant isn’t an option, okay.”

“Okay.” Brax sighed. “I just thought this was what you wanted. That this house would make you happy and I just wanted to give you that.”

“Brax you already make me happy. You and the kids are all I need to be happy. I mean what would you do for a job if you didn’t have the restaurant?”

“I dunno.” Brax shrugged his shoulders. “As I said, I was just trying to make you happy.”

“I know.” Charlie smiled. “And thank you for the offer, but don’t sell the restaurant. This is our home. All our memories are here...Paige took her first step over there, Riley laughed for the first time right there...” Charlie exhaled lightly. “We don’t need the new house.....no matter how damn pretty it was. We have a home right here.”

“Could get pretty crowded when Rubes and Xav move back in more permanently. Especially now she’s having a baby. The baby could be living here for a bit too.”

“Well we’ll have to put up with it.” Charlie sighed. “Or we could always look at houses that are actually in our price range.”

“Yeah.” Brax smiled. “That is an option.” Brax smiled before he placed a soft kiss on Charlie’s forehead. “We’ll work something out babe.”

“I know.” Charlie smiled. “I just really loved that house.” Charlie mumbled.

“Me too.” Brax said as Charlie cuddled into Brax. “Me too.”

“Ruby what you doing?” Riley asked as she walked down the hallway with Paige following her.

“Shhh.” Ruby placed her index finger over her mouth. “I don’t want mum and Brax to know I’m here.”

“Why?” Paige questioned.

“Because I...” Ruby trailed off, deciding it was best not to tell her 3-year-old sisters who couldn’t keep a secret that she’s been eavesdropping. “How about we go play hide and seek?”

“Yeah.” The girls chorused excitedly.

“Right you two go hide then. Quick I’m starting to count. 1...2....3...” Ruby said as the girls ran off down the hall, giggling in excitement. Ruby smiled lightly to herself as she watched Charlie and Brax cuddling on the couch. Charlie had given her so much throughout her life, and perhaps it was time that Ruby gave something back to her.

Archived