Forever Yours

Guest Danni02

Thanks everyone. Just because I'm feeling generous here is another today. :)

Chapter 131

Ruby and Xavier spend most of the rest of the night ignoring each other. It was pretty easy to do since Jacob, Riley and Paige did most of the talking over dinner and Jacob wanted Xavier to go play footie with him, and Jacob and Xavier took the puppy out for a walk, while Ruby stayed inside with the girls, painting pictures, doing a jigsaw and dancing to some music. “Oh Ruby.” Paige sighed as she fell onto the couch. “Too much dancing make me tired.”

“Yeah. I’m tired too.” Ruby said as she fell onto couch.

“Boring.” Riley sighed as she climbed up onto the couch also.

“Well it’s time to put you two girls to bed anyways.” Ruby said as she placed each of her hands on the girls heads.

“No.” Riley squealed. “I wants to play.”

“No.” Ruby shook her head. “You should already be in bed. Mummy will be mad with me if she knows I let you stay up.”

“No.” Paige shook her head. “Mummy no gets mad.”

“Well still, it’s bed time. C’mon.” Ruby said as she stood up from the couch and held her hands out. He girls sighed before they jumped from the couch and each took one of her hands before she led them up the stairs and into the bathroom where the girls brushed their teeth. Before Ruby took them through to their bedroom and the girls jumped up into their beds. “Now....Riley likes to be tucked in.” Ruby said as she tucked her little sister into her bed. “That tight enough?” Ruby questioned and Riley nodded.

“Uh-huh.”

“Good.” Ruby smiled before she placed a kiss on her sister. “Nighty night.”

“Nighty Ruby.” Riley smiled. “Love you.”

“I love you too Riley.” Ruby smiled before she went over to give Paige a goodnight kiss. “And I love you Paigey.”

“Love you Ruby.” Paige smiled as she wrapped her hands around Ruby’s neck and kissed her cheek. Ruby smiled before brushing her hair from in front of her face. “I’s no get tuck in.” Paige said as she shook her head.

“No.” Ruby said before she kissed her forehead. “Night girls.”

“No Ruby.” Riley sighed. “You’s apposed to read a story.”

“No.” Ruby said. “Remember I told you that you could stay up for an extra 20 minutes but it would mean no story.”

“I tell you one Riley.” Paige said.

“Yeah.” Riley giggled as Paige started talking about a little girl who wouldn’t eat her breakfast. Ruby laughed lightly as she walked out of the bedroom and back down the stairs as Xavier, Jacob and Milo came back into the house.

“Ruby can I play on the Wii?” Jacob asked hopingly.

“Sure.” Ruby smiled. “Half an hour and then its bedtime okay.”

“Uh-huh.” Jacob nodded. “But will you and Xava play too?”

Ruby and Xavier exchanged a glance with each other before both looking back down at Jacob. “Sure we can.” Ruby smiled. “But we need to go finish cleaning up the dinner dishes. So we’re going to go into the kitchen and we’ll be through soon okay?”

“Yeah.” Jacob nodded. “I’ll just practise till you come through.”

“Sounds good bud.” Xavier answered before he disappeared into the living room. Ruby and Xavier walked through to the kitchen and Ruby took a seat at the dining table as Xavier looked around the room confused as to what was left to clean up. “I thought you said there was stuff left to clean.”

“Well obviously not.” Ruby said. “I just said that so we could get some time alone. We need to talk, Xav.”

“I know.” Xavier exhaled. “So, what do you have to say for yourself?”

“I’m sorry.” Ruby said quietly.

“For what?” Xavier asked. “For not telling me our baby is five times more likely to be stillborn? For not telling me that our baby is three times more likely to die within four weeks of birth? For not telling me that our baby is twice as likely to have a serious birth defect? For not -”

“Xavier.” Ruby raised her voice. “Do you actually know what the percentages are? There’s a far bigger chance that this baby will be perfectly healthy. We’d still have all those risks if I didn’t have diabetes.”

“But there’s a bigger chance now.” Xavier replied. “How could you not tell me this?”

“Because if I look after myself and keep an eye on my levels there’s every chance that I’ll have a normal pregnancy and there’ll be nothing to worry about. I didn’t want to give you any unnecessary worries, because let’s face it, Xav, you were freaking out enough and making sure everything was perfect with me before you knew all this.”

“Well I am the father.” Xavier replied. “It would be wrong if I wasn’t concerned.”

“I know and I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you, but I just...I wanted to try and make this pregnancy as normal as possible.”

“Rubes.” Xavier shook his head. “I get that, I really do, but please don’t keep things from me. I have as much as a right to know everything that going on just as must as you.”

“Okay.” Ruby nodded. “And I am sorry.”

“I know you are.” Xavier smiled as walked over to Ruby and pulled her up to her feet and into a hug. “Just don’t keep anything else from me okay?”

“I won’t.” Ruby shook her head as she held onto Xavier.

“Ruby...Xava you coming?” Jacob asked as he ran into the kitchen.

“Yeah.” Ruby smiled down at her little brother. “We’ll be right through.” Jacob disappeared from the room and Ruby and Xavier smiled at each other, before he tucked her hair behind her ear. “I love you Xav.” Xavier smiled as he placed a soft kiss on her lips.

“I love you too.” Xavier smiled. “But you Ruby Austin, be careful on this Wii okay, don’t do too much.”

Ruby exhaled lightly before she bit her lip and thought about what Charlie had told her that afternoon. He was just trying to look out for her. “I will.” Ruby said. “C’mon let’s go.” Ruby said as she took Xavier’s hand in hers and walked through to the living room to play the Wii with her brother.

Charlie and Brax walked back into the house, and Brax led her into the kitchen where she saw a beautiful bouquet of red roses sitting on the kitchen table and bottle of champagne sitting in a cooler. “Brax.” Charlie said softly.

“Well it’s nice you spoil you.” Brax smiled as he led her over to the table, and opened the bottle of champagne and poured Charlie a glass, before reaching into the second cooler that Charlie just spotted and poured himself a glass of non-alcoholic sparkling apple wine. “Cheers.” Brax smiled as they clinked the glass together before they took a drink.

“Thank you for tonight, it’s been lovely.” Charlie smiled.

“It’s not over yet.” Brax grinned as he placed a soft kiss on hers.

“Ooh?” Charlie smiled before she kissed him once more.

“Mmm.” Brax pulled back from the kiss and he walked over to the fridge and pulled out a plate full of chocolate covered strawberries.

“Strawberries hey.” Charlie grinned as Brax placed the plate down on the table.

“So, I was thinking we could take these up the stairs.” Brax grinned as he picked up the champagne cooler and the non-alcoholic wine cooler.

“You’ve ran out of hands.” Charlie laughed.

“Well you have hands my dear.” Brax said and once again Charlie laughed.

The kitchen door creaked open and Riley walked into the kitchen as she rubbed her tired eyes. “There you are.” Riley yawned. “Were you been?”

“Out for dinner.” Charlie said as she lifted her daughter into her arms. “Like we said.”

“But you been forevers.” Riley sighed.

“Sorry baby.” Charlie said. “Mummy will take you back to bed.” Charlie walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs with her daughter.

“I no sleepy.” Riley yawned as she shook her head.

“I think you are.” Charlie said as she put Riley back down in her bed and tucked her in.

“Mummy Ruby is lots of fun.” Riley smiled as she pulled her octopus teddy close to herself.

“Is she? That’s good.”

“Uh-huh.” Riley nodded. “We danced and did a jiggersaw and painted pictures for you.”

“Aw wow you’ve been busy.” Charlie smiled.

“Uh-huh.” Riley replied. “I no no where she put them.”

“Aww I’m sure we’ll find them in the morning.” Charlie smiled. “Now you missus, back to sleep.” Charlie placed a soft kiss on her daughters head before she left the room and saw Brax walking up the stairs with the strawberries and the glasses of champagne in his hands.

“I see you’ve left me to carry everything up.” Brax shook his head teasingly as he stood before her in the hallway.

“I was putting our daughter back to bed.” Charlie replied as she picked up one of the strawberries and put it in her mouth. “Mmm nice chocolate.” Charlie grinned.

“Maybe you could let me feed you the next one.” Brax smiled.

“I’m pretty capable of feeding myself thank you.” Charlie grinned as she took another strawberry and brought it to her mouth.

“Charlie you are spoiling the fantasy.” Brax sighed before he pouted.

“Let’s get inside then.” Charlie laughed. Brax raised his eyebrows excitedly before they both walked into the bedroom, Charlie closing the door behind them.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry this took longer than expected to get up! Hope it's okay.

Chapter 132

Charlie took a deep breath before she knocked on the door of her house. Liked she’d said to Ruby, she’d left it a few days before attempting to contact Bianca. “They no home?” Riley questioned as she looked up to her mother. Charlie was about to reply before she noticed the blind at the window moving and saw Ash’s little face peaking to see who was outside, before he disappeared and moments later the door opened. “Oh they is.” Riley giggled. “Hi Ash.”

“Hi.” Ash smiled. “Bee said to not open the door to anyone knocking but I looked out and I know you so it’ll be okay yeah?” Ash questioned as he looked up at Charlie.

“Where is Bianca?” Charlie asked.

“She’s just upstairs.” Ash answered. “Bella is getting a bath.”

“Right.” Charlie nodded lightly. “So do you think me and Riley could come in?”

“Uh-huh.” Ash nodded before Charlie and Riley walked into the house. “Riley I is watching Ice Age if you want to see it too.”

“Yeah.” Riley smiled as they ran over to the couch and got themselves comfy in front of the TV.

“Okay, you two stay there and watch that and I’m going to go and see Bianca okay?” The kids simply nodded as they kept their eyes on the TV before Charlie turned and walked up the stairs, and knocked lightly on the bathroom door before entering.

“How did you get in?” Bianca questioned. “I told Ash not to open the door to anyone.”

“He peaked out the window.” Charlie replied. “Said because he knew us, you’d be okay with him opening the door.”

“No, I didn’t want anyone coming in.” Bianca replied as she picked up the bottle of shampoo.

“Why?” Charlie questioned.

“Because all people are talking about is Brax and how it’s great that he didn’t get sent to jail, because Ryan deserved to get beat up by him, but no-one is saying that about Liam.” Bianca exhaled sadly. “Why is it fair that Liam got sent to jail but Brax didn’t?”

“I don’t know.” Charlie shook her head. “But it’s not as if Brax got off scot-free. We’ve just had to pay $1000 to the courts, and if he makes one wrong move in the next two years he’ll be back in jail too.”

“But he’s not going to is he?” Bianca questioned. “He’s changed. He’s got too much to lose now.”

“I’m sorry.” Charlie said. “And yeah it’s not fair that the punishments were so different, but maybe this is what’s best for Liam. He was going the wrong way with drink and drugs, maybe throwing him in jail and making him go cold turkey is the only way to save him.”

“But I miss him.” Bianca cried. “How is it right for me and Ash and Bella? We need Liam. I should never have broken up with him. I should have stood by him and helped him through this.”

“Mamma non piangere.” Bella said as she stood up in the bath and wiped her hand over Bianca’s cheek. Bianca just let the tears continue to roll down her cheeks as Charlie placed her hand on her back and rubbed it in comfort.

“Why don’t you go and have 10 minutes.” Charlie said. “Lets the tears fall and then get yourself composed and we can have a cuppa and chat.”

“What about getting Bella finished up in here and ready for bed?”

“I’ll do that.” Charlie smiled lightly. “Go on. I think you need to let this all out.”

Bianca smiled lightly at her friend as she handed Charlie the bottle of shampoo before she left the bathroom. “Mamma so sad.” Bella said as she looked up at Charlie, her big brown eyes all wide.

“Well hopefully Auntie Charlie will help make her better.”

“Yeah.” Bella smiled. “Chalie you wiff Paige and Wiley?”

“Riley is here.” Charlie smiled as squeezed some of the shampoo onto Bella’s hair before rubbing it in.

“We play?” Bella asked.

“Sure you can.” Charlie smiled. “We just need to get this shampoo off first.” Charlie said.

“No get shamoo in eyes.” Bella said as she shut them tightly before she tilted her head back.

“I won’t.” Charlie said as she filled the jug with the bath water before pouring it over Bella’s hair, after doing this a couple more times, she let the bath water out and took Bella’s towel from the heater before wrapping it around her and carrying her through to her bedroom and getting her dressed for her bed then going down the stairs and putting Bella down on the couch with Ash and Riley before she walked into the kitchen, where she saw Bianca, already down the stairs, making a coffee for them both. Bianca took a deep breath before she turned to face Charlie. Seeing the look on her face, Charlie stepped forward and pulled her friend into a hug, a hug that Charlie felt Bianca desperately needed.

Ruby walked into the bedroom and over to the desk where Xavier sitting on the laptop. “Hey, what you doing?” Ruby questioned.

“Looking at baby names.” Xavier smiled. “What do you think of Madison?”

“Uhm...it’s very American.” Ruby said as she sat down at the end of the bed.

“So, you don’t like it?” Xavier questioned.

“It’s okay.” Ruby answered. “But it wouldn’t be my first choice.”

“Okay, what about Nathaniel?”

“That’s like two names blended into one.” Ruby screwed her face up. “Nathan or Daniel I like, but Nathaniel?” Ruby shook her head.

Xavier laughed lightly at Ruby comment. “I suppose it is.”

“Yeah....I like Scarlett.”

Xavier shook his head. “I don’t.”

“What about William?” Ruby questioned and once again Xavier shook his head. “Why do I feel it’s going to be impossible for us to agree on a baby name here?” Ruby said before she ran her hand over her stomach.

“Well maybe since mummy gets to carry the baby for 9 months, daddy can pick the name.” Xavier smiled.

“Mummy should get to name baby because she had to go through 9 months of carrying her.” Ruby laughed.

“Hmm, fair argument.” Xavier replied. “I’m sure we can agree on something.”

“Eventually.” Ruby said. “Or you’ll let me get my way.” Ruby grinned. “You normally do.”

“Yeah.” Xavier smiled as he walked over to the bed and sat down next to her. “So, I was thinking about the new house, it might be nice if we build a balcony for our bedroom.”

“A balcony hey.” Ruby smiled as she looked up at Xavier. “Sounds fancy.”

“Yeah.” Xavier smiled. “We could stand on the balcony and look down to the garden and watch the kids running around.”

“Sounds great.” Ruby smiled. “We’d have to look into that for permission and stuff though right?”

“Probably.” Xavier said. “But, we have permission to build the house there, so I don’t see why we wouldn’t be allowed to put a balcony in.”

“Yeah.” Ruby smiled before she stood up from the bed and walked over to the drawers. She pulled open the top drawer and pulled out her insulin kit.

“Are you okay?” Xavier questioned worriedly as he rushed to her side.

“Yeah, I just need to check my levels.” Ruby answered as she pricked her finger and tested herself.

“Okay. And I wanted to say sorry.” Xavier said. “I just don’t want anything to happen to you or the baby and I just....I think I went a bit far going on about all the dangers that the baby could face and I -”

“It’s okay.” Ruby smiled softly. “I get it. It is scary but we just have to keep being positive.”

“I know.” Xavier smiled. “And I trust you to do everything right.”

“Good.” Ruby smiled before she pulled Xavier into a hug. He placed a soft kiss on the top of her head as they stood in the embrace.

“Daddy we is home.” Riley said as she ran into the living room. “Milo no.” Riley said as he jumped up on her, excited at her arrival in the house. “Down.” Riley squealed. Milo sat down on the floor and tilted his head to the side and looked up at her with his puppy dog eyes. Riley giggled before she sat on the floor next to him and started to clap him.

“Hey, the kids in bed?” Charlie asked as she sat down next to Brax on the couch.

“Yeah. Well obviously you knew Paige was in bed before you left, but Jake said he was tired so he went not long after you left.”

“Ah okay.” Charlie nodded. “How is Paige?” Charlie questioned. Paige had been complaining that she’d felt sick all day, and after bringing her dinner back up, some medicine and an early night was on the cards for her.

“She woke up about 20 minutes ago saying she was going to be sick, but nothing came up. I gave her a drink of water and lay with her till she fell back asleep and she’s been down since.”

“Aww, hopefully it’s just a 24 hour thing.” Charlie said as Riley ran across the living room and climbed up onto the couch and onto Charlie’s knee.

“I is sleep mummy.” Riley said as she took some of Charlie hair in her hand and started to twist it around her fingers as she buried her head into Charlie’s shoulder.

“Wow, Riley saying she is sleepy.” Brax said. “You always say you’re not sleepy.”

“I is sleepy today.” Riley mumbled.

“Well I’ll take you to bed then.” Charlie replied.

“No.” Riley shook her head. “I just sleep here. No bed yet.”

Charlie smiled lightly as she placed a kiss on her daughters head as continued to sit on the couch. “So, how was Bianca?” Brax questioned.

“Upset. A bit lonely I think.” Charlie replied. “I think she just misses his company.”

“She’ll get used to it.” Brax said. “And this is probably the best place for Liam right now.”

“I know.” Charlie agreed.

“So if she misses him does he have a chance once he gets out of jail?” Brax questioned.

“I don’t think so.” Charlie shook her head. “Well, no, she’s told me that she doesn’t want to take him back, but she is struggling to move past what happened. I guess we’ll just need to wait and see.”

“Yeah.” Brax nodded. “Did you ask her if she’d watch the pup and the fish for us when we go to Hawaii?”

“Not yet.” Charlie shook her head. “But we still have 4 weeks before we leave. So I’m sure we’ll have time to ask her.”

“Yeah.” Brax nodded. “I can’t wait for this holiday.”

“Me either.” Charlie smiled. “Although I don’t think I want to leave the kids for the first week anymore.”

“I’m sure once we get there you’ll be fine. A whole week just for me and you.” Brax grinned. “It’ll be nice.”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “But we promised them we’d never leave them again.”

“They’ve probably forgotten about that now.” Brax said. “And it’s not like we’re leaving them with a stranger. It’s their older sister and brother-in-law.”

“Yeah, and she’ll be 18 weeks pregnant by then, and it’s a higher risk pregnancy, and it’ll the first time the kids go on a plane and we’re leaving it all for Ruby and Xavier to deal with. I just think maybe we are being a little bit selfish.”

“How?” Brax questioned.

“Because we have the kids.” Charlie sighed. “Maybe that means we can’t go away ourselves for a bit. You know, we had the kids, so they should be with us.”

Brax shook his head lightly. “Nah. We’re not being selfish. We’ve been through a lot and deserve a nice break for just us. And the kids are coming out and going to have a fabulous two weeks with us as well. If we were being selfish we’d just fly off for a few weeks leaving them and home and have them not coming at all.”

“Maybe.” Charlie sighed lightly as she rubbed Riley’s back, who was sleeping in her arms. “I’m going to take her up to bed.” Charlie said as she stood up from the couch.

“Okay, I’ll take Milo for a walk.” Brax said as he too stood up from the couch. “And Charlie, it’ll be worth it. I promise.” Brax grinned before Charlie turned and walked up the stairs with Riley in her arms, wondering what he was on about.

Chapter 133

Ruby walked wide-mouthed around the shop, looking down at all the watches, necklaces, bracelets and broaches in awe. “Brax are you sure this shop is the right one?” Ruby questioned as Brax walked over to her. “I haven’t seen anything cheaper than $1000.

“Of course it’s the right one.” Brax smiled. “Best jewellers shop in this mall.”

“Wow, she’s lucky finding you.” Ruby grinned. “Maybe I went after the wrong Braxton all those years ago.”

Brax laughed lightly. “Maybe if I’d never met your mother and was 10 years younger.” Brax said and Ruby smiled before she screwed her face up.

“That’s an image I don’t want to have in my head actually. I mean, you’re practically already my step-dad. Maybe it’s a bit gross we are talking about that.”

“You brought it up.” Brax said.

“Well anyways, let’s pick out a ring.” Ruby grinned. “Oh I’m so excited for you.” Ruby skipped across the room with Brax walking behind her, until they reached a display of rings. “Oh wow look at that one.” Ruby grinned as she pointed to the ring. It was mostly white gold, with two small bands of yellow gold around the edges and had 4 rather large diamonds across its centre. "And hey, it’s only $3000.”

“Yeah.” Brax nodded. “The diamonds are too big and your mum doesn’t like yellow gold.”

“I know.” Ruby said. “Just checking you know her.”

“Of course I know her.” Brax said, feeling slightly offended. “I think one like this is more her style.” Brax smiled as he pointed to a 14 karat white gold round-cut diamond ring.

“Aww that is nice.” Ruby smiled. “It’s not huge; it’s a nice size of diamond. I think she’d love that one.”

“Yeah, but there are so many nice ones.” Brax said. “I mean, look at that one, and that one, and that one, oh my gosh, look at that one, and that one.” Brax sighed. This is going to be harder than I thought."

“I like this one.” Ruby smiled as pointed to one of the rings. It was white gold, had a square-cut diamond in the middle, and two smaller square-cut diamonds at each side of that one.

“Yeah, that is nice.” Brax smiled as a shop assistant walked over to them.

“Hello, can I help you?” The man smiled down at them.

“We’re looking for an engagement ring.” Ruby answered.

“Well you’re looking in the right place.” The man smiled. “Are there any here that you’d like to see?”

“This one and this one.” Brax smiled as he pointed down to the two rings that both he and Ruby had picked out. The man gave a gentle nod of the head before unlocking the cabinet and lifting the rings up for them to view. Brax picked up one of the rings and stared down at it, examining it thoroughly. “Take your wedding rings off Rubes.” Brax said as he looked up to her.

“What? Why?” Ruby questioned.

“I want to see what these look like on someone.” Brax replied. “Please.” Ruby exhaled lightly before taking her engagement ring and wedding band off, and placing them in her pocket for safe keeping. She took the ring from Brax and placed it on her finger, and looked down at it admiringly. Brax took hold of Ruby’s hand and looked down at the ring, and a smile spread across his face. “I like it. Love it even.” Brax smiled. “What do you think? Do you think she’ll like it?”

“Yeah.” Ruby nodded. “It’s a lovely ring Brax.”

Brax smiled as Ruby took the ring from her finger and placed it back down on the red velvet cushion that was sitting on top of the cabinet. “Okay, try this one on now.” Brax said as he placed Ruby’s choice onto her finger.

“Ahh I love this one.” Ruby smiled as she ran her hand over her finger.

“You think she will like that ring better?” Brax questioned.

Ruby shrugged her shoulders. “I think she’d love them both.”

“Well that’s not helping.” Brax sighed. “What do you think?” Brax asked as he looked up to the assistant.

“Both are an excellent choice.” The man smiled. “Perhaps one could be an engagement ring and one as a promise or something like that?”

“She has a promise ring already.” Brax laughed.

“Well an eternity ring.” The sales assistant smiled.

Brax laughed once again. “No, no.” Brax shook his head. “Just the one engagement ring is all I’m after.”

“Well, this ring here.” The assistant said as he pointed to the one sitting in the cushion, has a more slender band, so it’s a little more delicate than the ring on your finger. The cut, colour and clarity are better on this ring, but for me, the shape of the diamond on the ring on your finger is nicer, but that’s just personal opinion. The carat weight of this ring is 2 and on this ring on your finger, the bigger diamond is 2, and the smaller ones are 1.”

“So, 4 altogether so the diamonds are better?” Ruby questioned.

“No.” The sales assistant tried not to laugh. “It doesn’t work like that, I’m afraid. My honest opinion is that this ring here is the better one.” The man said as he continued to point to the cushioned ring. “Although, both would be a fine choice, and the lady in question is a very lucky one.”

Brax smiled lightly as Ruby took the ring from her finger and placed it onto the cushion next to the other one, where they both stared down at the rings. “You’re pushing this ring a lot.” Brax said. “You’ve made it sound much better than the other.”

“I bet it’s because it’s the more expensive of the two.” Ruby whispered.

“Well yes.” The assistant answered as he heard Ruby. “It is the most expensive, but as I explained it is the better of the two.”

“What are the prices?” Brax questioned.

“This one is $1800 and this one is $1300.” The man answered. Brax nodded lightly as he picked up the more expensive of the rings, the one which he’d picked out.

“Put this one on again.” Brax said and Ruby did as requested and put the ring back on. Brax nodded lightly as he stared at the ring before looking back to the other one and picking it up. “Propose to me.” Brax said as he handed Ruby the other ring.

“What?” Ruby laughed as she took the ring in her hand.

“I need to know what it feels like.” Brax replied. “Please, Rubes. You want me to buy your mum the right one, don’t you?”

Ruby rolled her eyes before she cleared her throat and held the ring up towards Brax. “Marry me.” Ruby said.

“Rubes, do it properly.” Brax said.

“Ruby once again rolled her eyes before she looked sweetly up at Brax. “Darryl, would you do me the honour of becoming my husband?” Ruby said and Brax smiled lightly before he shook his head. “Try it with that ring.” Brax said as he pointed to Ruby’s finger. Ruby sighed as she put the ring down on the cushion, before taking the one from her finger and holding it in her hand. “And pretend you are me and I am you’re mum this time.”

Ruby exhaled lightly. “Charlie, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?”

“That’s it.” Brax smiled. “That’s the ring. That is the ring. I need to propose with that. I’ll take this one.”

“Let me get that packed up for you.” The assistant smiled as he took the ring into his hands and disappeared through the back to get it ready for them.

Ruby reached into her pocket and put her wedding rings back on. “$1800 eh. Mum is a lucky lady.”

“She’s worth it.” Brax smiled. “Now I just hope that she says yes.”

“Of course she will.” Ruby smiled. “You know she’s been wanting this for like 4 years.”

“Yeah.” Brax nodded. “Guess I was just slow to take the hint.”

Ruby looked up at Brax and screwed her face up. “You took the hint.” Ruby said. “You took the hint pretty early on. You just needed to grow the balls to propose.”

“Oi.” Brax lightly hit Ruby’s shoulder. “True, but still, don’t go talking to your father like that.”

“My father?” Ruby said.

“Well step-dad.” Brax said softly. “But you know I’m here for you if you ever needed a father for anything?”

“Of course.” Ruby smiled. “And I know you’ll be a great grandfather to this one.” Ruby smiled as she lightly rubbed her stomach.

“Oh yeah?” Brax questioned.

“Well yeah. You are an amazing father to Jacob and the girls, so I know my kid is going to be lucky too.”

“Thanks Rubes.” Brax smiled as the man appeared back in front of them with the ring in a box and then a bag. “So, can I get you anything else today?”

“Maybe.” Brax said. “But I’m going to talk to this one about it first and see what she thinks, so we might be back in the store later on today.”

“Okay, that’s fine.” The sales assistant smiled as he led them over to the counter and Brax pulled out a credit card to pay for the ring.

“Why are you using the restaurants credit card?” Ruby questioned.

“Me and your mum have a joint account.” Brax answered. “So if I use our card then she’s going to notice money has gone missing and start asking questions.”

“Ah I see.” Ruby nodded. “Makes sense. Although isn’t it the restaurant money?”

“Well it’s my restaurant.” Brax said. “It’s still my money technically.”

“Suppose it is.” Ruby smiled as Brax paid for the ring before they left the shop and began walking down the mall. “But doesn’t mum do the accounts for the restaurant?”

“Normally.” Brax nodded. “But, we’re just going to have to make sure she doesn’t do them till we get back from Hawaii.”

“I guess.” Ruby nodded. “So, what’s this you wanted to talk to me about?” Ruby questioned.

“How about I treat you to some lunch and I’ll tell you all about it?”

“Sounds like a plan.” Ruby said as they made their way up the stairs and towards the restaurants.

Thanks everyone. :wub: Hope you like this one. I am going away on holiday for two weeks so this will be my last update until I get back. :)

Chapter 134

““Hey, we’re home.” Brax smiled as he walked into the living room, holding the little blue bag in his hand.

“Charlie is home.” Xavier said as he ran over to Brax. “So, I’d get rid of that.” Xavier pointed down to the bag.

“Hey, Xav, Brax got all generous and bought some clothes for the baby.” Ruby smiled as she walked into the room with a half dozen bags in her hands.

“Wow, you did go all generous.” Xavier smiled. “You bought her all that?”

“No, only the one bag is what I bought.” Brax answered as he stuffed the ring bag into one of Ruby’s bigger bags, just in time it seemed as Charlie walked into the living room. “Rubes bought the rest.”

“Hey.” Charlie smiled. “I thought you were working?”

“I could say the same thing about you.” Brax replied.

“I’m always home by 2 on a Wednesday.” Charlie answered.

“Oh wow is it that time already.” Brax said.

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “So, where have you been?”

“We went baby shopping.” Ruby grinned. “Grandpa here is getting clucky buying me some nice things. Well, the baby nice things.”

“You went shopping for baby clothes with my daughter while the baby’s father stayed here with the girls?”

“Yeah.” Brax answered. “Bit of bonding time.”

“Right.” Charlie nodded.

“So how is Paige today?” Brax questioned.

“She’s still sick.” Charlie answered. “She’s having a little sleep at the moment. Riley is playing nurse and watching over her.”

“Bless.” Brax smiled. “So, Rubes, lets show your mother what we bought hey.”

“Yeah.” Ruby said as she pulled the clothes from the bags, careful not to let the bag from the jewellers show, and showed Charlie the green, yellow and white baby grows, with little animals, spots, strips over them.

“Aww they’re all so cute.” Charlie smiled as Ruby pulled a teddy bear and a blanket out of one of the bags. “Aww I wish you took me baby shopping.”

“And me.” Xavier added. “It is my baby.”

“Alright alright.” Ruby said. “We’ve got plenty of time to go shopping and buy things.”

“Yeah.” Xavier nodded.

“So seriously why aren’t you at work?” Charlie questioned.

“I told you.” Brax replied. “I thought Ruby and I could do with some bonding.”

“Okay.” Charlie sighed. “So you’re not going into the restaurant today?”

“Yeah, I will.” Brax nodded. “You could come if you wanted Xav.” Brax said as he looked to him. “Get you started in the kitchen a few days a week.”

“Ah yeah.” Xavier nodded. “That would be great.”

“Daddy.” Riley smiled as she walked into the room.

“Hey sweetie.” Brax smiled as Riley ran over to him and wrapped her arms around him as she sat on his knee. “How’s your day going?”

“Paige is sick.” Riley sighed. “It’s not nice.”

“Aww no it’s not.” Brax shook his head as Milo ran over to him and tilted his head to the side and gave out a little pine. “Ahh does Milo need a walk?” Brax questioned as he patted his head lightly.

“He’s just been out.” Charlie replied.

“We go again.” Riley smiled. “I go on bike.”

“I guess we could.” Charlie smiled. “You okay to stay and watch Paige?” Charlie asked as she looked down to Ruby.

“Yeah.” Ruby nodded.

“I’ll see to her if she wakes.” Xavier said as Charlie, Brax and Riley stood up and made their way over to the door. “I don’t want you getting sick.” Xavier said as looked at Ruby.

“Thanks.” Brax smiled before they left the house with Milo.

Charlie was helping Jacob with his homework, while Ruby played with the twins in the living room. “Mum see in Hawaii?” Jacob said as he put his pencil down on the table and looked up at his mother. “Is we able to surf?”

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “You can.”

“Will it be good waves?” Jacob questioned.

“I think so.” Charlie smiled.

“Can I take my own board?” Jacob asked.

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “We can just use one from there.”

“Okay.” Jacob sighed. “Is you going to let Riley have a go?”

“We’ll see.” Charlie smiled. “Now, c’mon finish this homework.”

“I hate math.” Jacob sighed. “Can I play on the Wii?”

Charlie nodded as she hit her index finger on his worksheet. “Once you’ve finished your homework.”

“Hey, mum, I’m just going out for a bit to get some stuff in town and go see Brax.” Ruby said as she walked into the kitchen with Paige walking in behind her.

“Oh okay.” Charlie smiled up at her. “What do you need to go see Brax for?”

“Uhm...did I say Brax?” Ruby questioned. “I meant Xav.” Ruby laughed.

“Hmmm.” Charlie replied.

“Yeah, so I won’t be long.” Ruby said before she disappeared from the house. Paige walked over to Charlie and lifted her hands up.

“Mummy.” Paige said quietly. Charlie lifted Paige up onto her knee and gently rubbed her back.

“You feeling any better yet?” Charlie asked.

Paige nodded. “A bit.”

Charlie put her hand on her daughter’s forehead. She still had a bit of a temperature, but she was looking slightly better that she did early that morning. “Mum.” Jacob questioned. “Why does Ruby call daddy Brax?”

“He’s not her daddy.” Charlie replied.

“Oh.” Jacob nodded. “Is my tummy daddy her daddy too?”

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “She has a different dad.”

Jacob sighed as he rubbed the side of his head. “It confusing.” Jacob said. “Too many.”

Charlie laughed lightly as she rubbed Paige’s back as she cuddled into her. “I know it is.” Charlie laughed.

“Why does Ruby not call him daddy too?” Jacob questioned. “He is good to her.”

“I know he is.” Charlie replied. “And Ruby thinks so too, but she was a lot older than you when your daddy and I met so she just wanted to call him Brax.”

“Oh.” Jacob nodded. “She not no her daddy either?”

“She did.” Charlie nodded. “But he is in heaven like your tummy daddy.”

“Okay.” Jacob nodded. “Mummy I don’t want my daddy to go to heaven.”

“He’s not going anywhere.” Charlie shook her head as she placed her hand on the back of Jacobs head and rubbed it lightly.

“But Ruby’s tummy dad and my tummy dad did.” Jacob sniffed back a tear. “I don’t want daddy to go too.”

“Hey, hey, I promise he’s not going anywhere for a long time.” Charlie said as she wiped the tear from Jacob’s cheek. “Losing Ruby’s dad and your real dad was just very bad luck, okay.”

“So daddy won’t go to heaven soon?” Jacob asked.

“No.” Charlie smiled lightly as she once again wiped the tear from his cheek. “I’m afraid we are going to be stuck with him for a long time.”

Jacob giggled lightly. “Good.”

“Now, c’mon.” Charlie said softly. “You finish up this homework and then you can go on the Wii.”

“Okay.” Jacob smiled as he picked the pencil back up and began to do his math.

“Mummy.” Riley shouted as she ran into the kitchen with Milo running in after her.

“Hey trouble.” Charlie smiled as she looked around at her daughter. “What are you doing?”

“I show Milo tricks.” Riley smiled. “You come see.”

“Ah wow.” Charlie smiled. “What did you show him?”

“He give me paw.” Riley grinned, impressed with her achievement. “Come see. Come see.”

Charlie stood up from the kitchen table and followed an excited Riley back through to the living room with Paige still in her arms, and Milo following excitedly at her feet.

Charlie walked into the kitchen the following morning to find Ruby and Brax standing talking in a deep conversation with each other. When Brax saw Charlie he cut the conversation off and Ruby disappeared out of the room. “What was that all about?” Charlie questioned.

“Ah just talking about the baby.” Brax smiled.

“The baby?” Charlie questioned. “Seriously you were talking about the baby?”

“Yeah.” Brax nodded, trying to sound convincing.

Charlie exhaled lightly before she pursed her lips together. “So are you coming today or are you and Ruby going to be too busy discussing the baby?” Charlie knew it was something else, and Brax and Ruby hadn’t been talking about the baby, but today, she didn’t feel like picking at it until she found out the truth.

“Charlie.” Brax sighed. “Of course I’m going come.”

“Good.” Charlie smiled lightly. “Cos I think I’m going to need you.” Charlie voice broke and Brax forward and pulled Charlie into a hug.

“It’s just one more day.” Brax said. “Come tonight we will be celebrating the fact that Ryan is behind bars where he belongs.”

“Don’t get too confident.” Charlie mumbled.

“I’m just being realistic.” Brax answered.

“I should probably take Jacob into school.” Charlie said as she pulled back from the hug.

“I’ll go.” Brax said. “I’ll take him too school and take the girls to Marilyn’s. You just get yourself ready and have a little bit of a relax before we head to the courthouse.”

Charlie nodded lightly as the kids came running into the room. “Mum Paige was sick again.” Jacob sighed as he put his school bag on his shoulders.

“Aww sweetie, what a bug you’ve got hmm.” Charlie said as she walked over to her daughter and bent down beside her and felt her forehead.

“She still got a high temperature?” Brax questioned.

“Yup.” Charlie nodded lightly. “It’s not as bad as it’s been through.” Charlie answered. “I think she’s over the worst of it.”

“She sick on the stairs. Milo is eating it.” Riley screwed her face up.

“Ah gosh Milo no.” Brax shouted as he walked quickly out of the room and went to move the puppy away from the sick.

“I sorry.” Paige cried.

“Aww it’s okay sweetie.” Charlie said as she lifted her daughter up into her arms. “You can’t help being sick.”

“I no like it.” Paige shook her head.

“I know.” Charlie said as she stroked her hand though Paige’s hair. “We’ll get you some more medicine.” Charlie said as she made her way over to the cupboard and sat her down on the worktop, before she took the medicine from the cupboard and gave her daughter a spoon full, as Brax walked back into the kitchen and placed the puppy down.

“Right kiddies, c’mon with daddy.” Brax said as he lifted Paige into his arms.

“Take that. Just in case.” Charlie said as she handed Brax the medicine bottle. “Aww I hate that we have to leave her.”

“Me too.” Brax replied. “But it won’t be for long.”

“I have to go to school.” Jacob sighed. “C’mon daddy.”

“Right yes, c’mon.” Brax said as before he left the house with the kids.

“Well I guess mummy has to go and clean up this sick hmm.” Charlie said as she looked to Milo. He looked up at her with his big eyes and titled his head to the side. “Aww you’re a handsome boy.” Charlie said and Milo began to jump around excitedly. She smiled lightly before she walked over to the sink and opened the underneath cupboard and pulled out stuff to clean the carpet with as Milo danced excitedly right behind her.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. :wub: So here's the next one. :) I hope its okay. Need to get back into this writing thing after my holiday! :lol:

Chapter 135

Charlie was sitting in the room, waiting to be called up to the interview stand. Brax was sitting beside her, his hand placed very lightly on top of hers in a supporting manner, but neither of them saying anything, but for Charlie, Brax just being there beside her was enough. The sounds of Brax’s mobile ringing brought noise to the very silent room. “Sorry.” Brax said before he stood up and looked down to his phone to see it was Ruby calling him. He walked across to the end of the room, before he answered, talking quiet quietly. “Hey, what’s up?.....and it has to be right now?......I know I really want that but I can’t leave your mum Rubes, she needs me with her here.” Brax turned his head slyly around and glanced quickly at Charlie, hoping that she wasn’t hearing any of this. He believed he was talking quietly enough but they were in the same room still, so he couldn’t be 100 per cent sure. “Aww, I don’t know what to do......I guess, but.......I know, but this is a big deal for Charlie and I should stay, right?.......well I know I dreamed for this one, but.....” Brax exhaled lightly as Ruby interrupted and as he listened to what she said, he once again looked around at Charlie. He sighed lightly before he gave a nod of his head. “Okay you convinced me, I’m on my way.” He walked over to Charlie, and noticed the questioning look on her face. Placing his mobile down on the table, he knelt down in front of her and cupped her cheek with his hand. “I’m so sorry. I really want to be here for you, but Robert just called and there’s problems at the restaurant. I need to go now.”

“That’s wasn’t Robert.” Charlie shook her head. “I heard you. You said Rubes. It was Ruby.”

“Nah.” Brax shook his head. “You must have heard wrong.”

“I didn’t hear wrong, you said Ruby.”

“Nah.” Brax shook his head once again. “I was talking to Robert so you probably heard me say Rob.”

Charlie shook her head, not believing Brax. “I know what I heard.” Charlie said.

“And babe, I know what I said.” Brax replied. “Look, you know how much I want to be here for you, but I can’t. I really have to go.”

“But you promised me.” Charlie said. “You promised you would be with me when I was waiting here and that you’d go into the court room so I could look at you when I was answering the questions. You’d be there so I’d have you for support. The stupid restaurant can wait.”

“It really can’t.” Brax shook his head as he stood up. “I’m sorry, I really have to go. You can look at Bianca and Irene and April. You know them. They’ll help just like I would have.”

“No.” Charlie raised her voice. “No they won’t. Not like you would. Not like you at all.”

“I’m sorry.” Brax said as he placed a kiss on her forehead. “I really have to go.” Brax said before he exited the room. Charlie wiped her hands across her eyes, as if pushing back tears that wanted to fall for Brax had just left her on her own, before she noticed he’d left his phone sitting on the table. Picking it up, she went into his call log and noticed the last person to call was in fact, Ruby. She felt a kind of anger building up inside her as she went into his messages. This was something Charlie had never done before, she trusted him 100 per cent and never felt he need to snoop into his phone, but she wasn’t stupid, and she knew something was going on behind her back. She didn’t have time to react to seeing that the last 3 messages were from Ruby as the doors opened and a guard walked into the room, explaining it was time for Charlie to go to the stands to give her evidence. She stood up and put the mobile into her pocket, before she took a deep breath and walked out of the room.

Charlie gave a soft knock on the door, before she walked in and over to the couch where Paige was laying. She sat down next to her and lightly rubbed her forehead. “How has she been?” Charlie questioned.

“She was sick a couple of times.” Marilyn replied.

“Aww Paigey.” Charlie said softly. “Maybe I should take her to the doctors. It’s the third day she’s been like this now.”

“Worth it, I think.” Marilyn nodded as Riley and Jacob ran into room.

“Mummy Jacob caught me.” Riley sighed.

“Yeah.” Jacob giggled. “I’m a pirate captain and now she is mine. She has to work for me.”

“Aww poor Riley.” Charlie said. “Don’t make her do too much hmm.” Charlie laughed as she ruffled Jacob’s hair before the kids ran off again. “You don’t mind watching those two a little longer do you?”

“No not at all.” Marilyn shook her head. “I love watching them.”

“Thanks.” Charlie smiled as she lifted Paige up into her arms.

“No problem.” Marilyn smiled. “So, eh...how did the court case go?” Marilyn questioned as she walked Charlie back over to the door.

“He got 14 years.” Charlie replied. “10 for what happened with Bianca and 4 for what he tried to do to me and for ‘stalking’ me, apparently.”

“You don’t think he was stalking you?” Marilyn questioned.

“Well I mean, he was around at the house a couple of times, but I don’t think I would call it stalking.”

“Oh.” Marilyn nodded. “Well at least he is behind bars now, where he belongs.”

“Yeah.”

“How was Bianca?” Marilyn asked.

“She was trying to look calm and collected in the courtroom, but I know her. She wasn’t coping. I think seeing him again after all that time just made the memories come flooding back.”

“Well I’m sorry for you both.” Marilyn smiled sympathetically at Charlie. “But like I said, its good he has gone down for what he did.”

“Yeah.” Charlie forced a smiled. “Anyways, I’m going to get her to the doctor. I shouldn’t be too long, just depends if they have space for us, I guess.”

“Well I can watch the kids for you for as long as you need.” Marilyn said. “So don’t feel you can’t wait long.”

“I won’t thanks.” Charlie said before she walked out of the house, and over to her car with Paige laying groggily in her arms.

“Where my mummy go?” Riley questioned as the kids ran back into the room.

“Yeah I thought she was here to take us home.” Jacob said before he furrowed his eyebrows.

“She’s taken Paige to the doctor so you need to stay a little while longer.” Marilyn told them.

“Ahh. Yeah she is too much sick.” Riley nodded before she ran off with Jacob shortly following.

Charlie was sitting in the waiting room, with Paige cuddled up on her knee. “Are we soon mummy?” Paige spoke quietly as she looked up to her mother.

“I hope so, sweetie.” Charlie answered. They’d been waiting almost an hour for a doctor to be free to see them.

“Why it ages?” Paige asked.

“I guess they are just very busy today.” Charlie replied as she ran her hands through her daughter’s hair. Paige sighed as she snugged further into Charlie. After waiting for about another 5 minutes, Sid appeared before them.

“I’m so sorry to keep you waiting Charlie.” Sid said as they walked down the hall and into a room. “We’ve just been so busy today.”

“It’s okay.” Charlie replied as she sat down on the chair with Paige sitting on her knee, still holding tightly onto her.

“So, what seems to be the problem here?” Sid spoke softly as he looked down to Paige, a slightly smile on his face.

“She’s been sick for the last 3 days.” Charlie replied. “She seemed to be getting better yesterday, but it’s seemed to get worse again today.”

“Right.” Sid nodded. “Paige, do you think you could lie down on that bed for me and I will check your tummy?” Paige shook her head as she hid her face against Charlie’s chest.

“C’mon Sid is going to help you feel better again.” Charlie said as she stood up and lay Paige down on the bed.

“So I not be sick?” Paige questioned as she kept a hold of Charlie’s hand.

“That’s right.” Charlie nodded.

“Okay.” Paige said quietly.

Sid smiled lightly at Charlie before he stepped forward, and pulled Paige’s t-shirt up, so her stomach was showing. “This might be a little bit cold.” Sid said as he put his stethoscope onto her stomach. Paige let out a little gasp as Sid listened to her insides. After about a minute he put the stethoscope down and started to push her tummy with his hands. “Has she eaten anything different or tried a new food recently?”

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “Not that I’m aware of.”

Sid nodded lightly as he continued to press down on Paige’s tummy. “Has she eaten from any sort of burger vans, hotdog vendors, a fast food outlet?”

“No.” Charlie pursed her lips together.

“Well, she seems okay.” Sid said. “So, there’s nothing serious.” Sid said as pulled Paige’s top back down for her. Paige sat up on the bed and let her feet dangle off the edge. “She’s just got a bug that will probably go away in a couple more days.”

“Okay, we’ll thank you.” Charlie smiled as she lifted Paige down off the bed.

“Make sure she is drinking plenty and still make her eat at meal times, even if she is being sick, try to get her to eat even a small amount. Dry things, like crackers, dry toast, dry cereal.”

“Sure.” Charlie nodded. “We can do that.”

“Okay.” Sid smiled. “Then I guess if you don’t have any more questions, then that’s all.”

“Eh no.” Charlie shook her head. “Thanks Sid.” Charlie said before she looked down to Paige. “What do you say to Doctor Walker?”

“Thank you.” Paige said quietly as she took her mother’s hand in her before they both left the room.

Thank you Sarah, beebee, beezzz, pembie and soph1303 for commenting. :wub:

Chapter 136

Charlie walked into the house, with Riley and Jacob running through the room to play with Milo, and Paige walked slowly next to her mother. “Can I sleep?” Paige asked quietly.

“Of course you can.” Charlie smiled as she walked up the stairs with her daughter and into her bedroom where she jumped up onto her bed. She gently rubbed her daughter’s forehead before she placed a soft kiss on it. “I hope you feel better soon.”

“Me too.” Paige nodded.

“Well there’s a basin there if you are going to be sick, okay.” Paige nodded her head as she cuddled into her octopus teddy. “I’ll come back up to see how you are doing soon.” Charlie smiled lightly before she got up and left the room and made her way down the hall. It was then when she saw Xavier in his bedroom pulling baby clothes out of a bag. “I didn’t expect you to be home so soon.” Charlie said.

“Me either.” Xavier shook his head as he looked up at Charlie, who was leaning against the door frame. “I got to the city, went to the uni and after talking with the lecturer for 10 minutes, if that, I was told that was all he had to say. Waste of time travelling all the way up there if you ask me.”

“Well maybe not.” Charlie said. “Seems like you’ve done some shopping for the little one.”

“Yeah.” Xavier smiled. “I popped into a few shops on the way home. Baby clothes are so cute.” Xavier smiled as he pulled out a little white baby grow with a little duck on the front.

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “Well enjoy them where they are that age because they don’t stay little for long.”

“Nah so people tell me.” Xavier smiled as he sat down on the bed. “But Jacob and the twins are so fricken cute. It must be nice to be able to have conversations with your little ones. As much as I don’t want the kid to grow up to fast I can wait for her to be around the twins’ age. You know a real little person who will say cute things that makes me laugh and stuff.”

“Well if you are half as good with this baby than you are with my kids you’re going to be an amazing dad.” Charlie smiled. “It’s going to be one lucky baby.”

“Thanks.” Xavier blushed slightly. “So how was the court case?”

Charlie exhaled lightly as she walked into the room and took a seat on the edge of the bed, next to Xavier. “He got 14 years. It was.....well it’s past now so I’m just going to leave it there.” Charlie said. “But Xav......can I ask you something?”

“Sure, anything.” Xavier nodded, quiet intrigued at what Charlie was going to say.

Charlie took a deep breath before she turned to face Xavier. “Have you noticed that lately, Ruby and Brax.....” Charlie trailed off as she pursed her lips together. “Well they’ve been spending more time together and it’s like....they’re lying about what they are doing and where they’ve been or are going.”

“Oh.” Xavier said. “I eh....” Xavier trailed off, no sure what to say. He didn’t want to give anything away, but he knew he had to tell Charlie something to put her mind at ease. “It’s nothing bad.” Xavier shook his head. "You don’t need to worry. I promise you. It’s.....you’ll love it, Charlie. Just let them do this without questioning them.”

“So something is going on?” Charlie questioned. “And you know about it too?”

“Yeah, but I promise you....it’s not.....just......you’re going to love it, it’s something nice for you and that’s all I can say. I’ve probably already said too much.”

“So I really don’t need to worry?” Charlie questioned.

“No.” Xavier shook his head.

“Okay.” Charlie nodded. “I’ll leave it....for now at least.”

“Honestly Charlie, just trust me. It’s fine.” Xavier said and Charlie smiled lightly as she stood up from the bed.

“Well I’m going to change out of these court clothes then I’ll take Milo for a walk. Riley and Jacob will probably come with me but Paige is in bed so if you could just keep an eye on her?”

“Sure.” Xavier nodded and Charlie once again smiled at him before she left the room.

“Hey.” Brax smiled lightly as he walked into the kitchen, where Charlie was busy making the dinner. She gave Brax a weak smile before turning back to what she was doing. “I eh....I bought you some flowers.” Brax said as he walked over to Charlie, and handed the bouquet of red roses out for her to take.

“Nice.” Charlie said as she once again looked away from Brax, continuing to stir the pasta sauce.

“Look I’m sorry.” Brax said. “I know how much you wanted me there but -”

“No Brax I didn’t want you there.” Charlie shook her head as she threw the wooden spoon down on the work top and turned to face him. “I needed you. I needed you there and there’s a difference.”

“All I can say is sorry.” Brax sighed. “I just really had to go and see to something. It had to be then Charlie; it’s the only time....” Brax trailed off.

“Well it’s past now so there is no point in arguing about it.” Charlie spat.

“How did it go?” Brax questioned. “Did he get sent down?”

“He got 14 years.” Charlie answered. “I’m going to go around to see Bianca tonight. See how she is doing, so you’ll be okay to stay in and watch the kids.”

“Ah I eh....I was actually going to go -”

“Xavier wants to take Ruby out for dinner so you’ll have to stay in.” Charlie snapped. “I’m not asking you to, I’m telling you to stay in and look after your children.”

“Okay.” Brax said. “I’ll stay in. Is Paige doing any better?”

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “Worse I’d say. But I took her to see Sid and he reckons it’s a bug that will pass in a couple more days. She needs to keep drinking plenty and eat dry foods.”

“Right okay. Glad it’s nothing serious.” Brax said as he put the bunch of roses down on the worktop and took the vase from the cupboard before filling it with water and arrange the roses into it.

“Yeah.” Charlie agreed. “So I was thinking that I could start helping at the restaurant again. Now the court case is done and all this stuff with Ryan is out of the way I can get my mind back on track. I bet the accounts haven’t been done for months.”

“No they haven’t.” Brax shook his head. “But it’s okay. I eh....let’s just wait will we get back from Hawaii.”

“Really?” Charlie questioned. “I mean it’s no problem for me to do them.”

“I know but let’s just take this time to relax and do as little as possible before Hawaii. Once we get back we can start all that stuff again.”

“Okay.” Charlie said. She wasn’t going to argue about doing some accounts. “Fine, whatever you want. It is your restaurant after all. You’re very important restaurant.”

“Charlie -”

“No I mean it’s fine. It brings the majority of the money into the house, pays the bills and stuff. It’s important you put that first and deal with it how you want too.”

“Look, I’ve said I’m sorry and you just said that you didn’t want to argue about this so....”

“Yeah I did didn’t I.” Charlie shook her head in disbelief, although she knew Brax wasn’t doing anything at the restaurant that afternoon, she had to play along with lie, for they clearly didn’t want Charlie finding out whatever it was that they were doing at that moment and all Charlie could do was trust that Xavier was telling her the truth. “Sorry.” Charlie exhaled as took a step closer to Brax. “It’s just been a bit of a.....well it’s not the best day of my life, that’s for sure.”

“I know and I really am sorry Charlie.” Brax said as she took her hands into his and rubbed them gently.

“I know you are.” Charlie smiled lightly. “And thanks for the flowers. They’re lovely.”

“You’re welcome.” Brax smiled before he pulled Charlie into a hug.

“Mummy I’ve been sick.” Paige cried as she walked into the kitchen. Charlie exhaled lightly as she pulled back from the hug as a teary eyed Paige walked over to her.

“Where about?” Charlie questioned as she lifted her daughter into her arms.

“On my bed.” Paige cried. “I tried to get the basin but it was too quick.”

“It’s okay.” Charlie said softly as she ran her hand through her daughters hair before looking up to Brax. “You want to go clean it up?”

“It’ll probably make me vomit myself” Brax pulled a face in disgust at the thought of cleaning up someone’s sick.

“Mummy here can’t afford to say that can she?” Charlie sighed. “Then no one would clean it up.” Charlie shook her head as she looked to the pans before looking back to Brax. “Finish the dinner then.” Charlie said before she walked out the room with her daughter in her arms.

Thanks everyone. :) I hope this one is okay. I'm not feeling it at all. :( I seem to be on a roll writing my new fiction (unconditional love) but cant seem to get anything for this one now. Argh. Hopefully it'll come to me though. :) And yes I had a great holiday thanks. It was nice to see my sister again. :)

Chapter 137

Charlie was laying on the beach soaking up the sun. They’d been in Hawaii for 6 days now, and although she did miss the children, she was enjoying spending some alone time with Brax. “Here you go.” Brax smiled as he handed Charlie the cocktail. Charlie sat up and took it into her hand, before looking down at it.

“Are you trying to get me drunk today Mr Braxton?” Charlie questioned. “This is my 3rd cocktail and it’s only just gone noon.”

“Just wanting you to enjoy your last day before the kiddies arrive tomorrow.” Brax said as he took a drink of his coke.

“Mmm I have missed them though,” Charlie smiled before she took a drink of the cocktail. “Although I wouldn’t complain if we had a few more days to ourselves.”

“Well I’m sure that can be arranged if we wanted.” Brax grinned.

“No, I am looking forward to the kids being here. It’ll be our first family holiday,” Charlie smiled before taking another drink. “Mmm I like this one.”

“Sex on the beach,” Brax grinned. “Thought you’d like that one.”

“Sex on the beach hey?” Charlie raised her eyebrows. “You trying to hint at something here?”

Brax laughed lightly. “I wasn’t doing anything of the sort,” Brax said. “However if you did want sex on the beach well, I wouldn’t object.”

Charlie laughed lightly as she moved closer to Brax. “I think this beach is a little too busy for that.” Charlie said as she looked around at the other holidaymakers.

“That’s a shame,” Brax exhaled. “Looks like we might need to go and find that secluded beach after all.”

“Hmm.” Charlie smiled as she looked up into Brax eyes. He leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

“God I love you Charlie.” Brax whispered as he pulled back from the kiss.

“I know,” Charlie smiled. “I love you too. And eh...maybe we could uhm....go have a little break from the sun. It is getting rather hot today; maybe we should go inside for uhm....a bit.” Charlie smiled seductively as she ran her hand over Brax’s chest.

“I agree,” Brax nodded. “Eh definitely we should go have a little...break.”

Charlie smiled as she stood up and picked up her cocktail and beach bag, while Brax picked up the towels, and the pair walked happily back to the hotel room together.

“Ruby I need a pee-pee.” Riley said as she patted on her sisters arm.

“Again?” Ruby questioned. “Riley it’s like the 3rd time you’ve said you’ve needed in a hour.”

“Well I do this time.” Riley said as she took of the seatbelt and jumped down to the floor. Ruby sighed as she stood up and walked her sister down the plane and to the toilets. They both went inside the small space and Ruby stood and watched as Riley pulled her shorts down and pushed herself up to the seat. Riley sat staring up at Ruby with a grin on her face. “It’s not coming.” Riley said.

“Give it a minute.” Ruby answered.

“No, I don’t need anymore.” Riley shook her head as she jumped down from the toilet and pulled her panties and shorts back up. Ruby shook her head as she opened the toilet door and led her sister back down the plane to where they were sitting. She stopped a row in front of their seats and looked down at Xavier and Jacob.

“Xav, you want to swap seats for a while?” Ruby questioned. “I can hang with Jacob and you can watch the girls.”

“Eh nah.” Xavier shook his head. “I’m good with Jacob.”

“Yeah Ruby we are playing a game.” Jacob said. Ruby sighed lightly as she noticed they were playing cards. She walked to the next row where they both sat back down.

“Ruby we see mummy now?” Paige asked. “I’s miss her too much.”

“Yeah, we’ll see mummy soon.” Ruby smiled. “Now, how about I find you girls a movie to watch on the TV’s so Ruby can read her book in peace?

“Yeah.” Riley nodded.

“A good one.” Paige added.

“Of course.” Ruby smiled as she flicked through the menu of Riley’s TV and went into the kids channels. “Okay so.....oh what about Shark Tale?” Ruby questioned.

“No sharks.” Paige shook her head.

“What about you Riley, do you want to watch Shark Tale?

“No.” Riley shook her head.

“Uhm okay...oh The Lion King.” Ruby said. “That’s a really good one.”

“I’s not see it.” Paige shook her head.

“Me either’s Ruby.” Riley said. “I want that one.”

“Me too, me too.” Paige raised her hand in the air excitedly.

Ruby smiled as she set the kid’s TV’s up for The Lion King to play, before helping them put the earphone’s on. “Enjoy,” Ruby smiled as she watched her sisters both staring intently at their TV screens as they watched the opening scene. She reached into bag and pulled out her book and opened it to start reading when she felt a tugging on her arm. It was coming from her right hand side, so once again, it was Riley. She exhaled lightly before putting a smile on her face and looking down to her sister. “Yes, sweetie?”

“I really do need a pee-pee this time.” Riley nodded her head as she spoke. Ruby muttered under her breath and she stood up and once again took Riley along to the toilet.

“So what time did you say the kids arrived today?” Charlie questioned as she began to dress herself for the day.

“Not till dinner time,” Brax said trying to sound believable. Truth was they'd have landed a couple of hours ago and would probably be on route to the Island as they spoke. “So because the kids will be joining us this evening, I thought it would be nice to do something special for our last day alone together.”

“Oh yeah?” Charlie questioned as she put her panties on. “And are you going to tell me what that is? I mean you’ve said not to wear swim stuff so?”

“You’ll find out,” Brax smiled as he walked over to the wardrobe and pulled out Charlie’s purple strapless dress that cut at the knee, and hugged her in all the right places. It was his favourite. “Can you wear this?” Brax questioned.

“It’s a bit fancy for the day time is it not?” Charlie questioned as she titled her head to the side slightly.

“Maybe not for where we are going,” Brax smiled. “So will you wear it, please?” Brax pouted.

“Okay,” Charlie smiled as she pulled a strapless bra from the drawer. “I’ll wear it.” Brax smiled as he pulled his suit from the wardrobe causing Charlie’s eyes to widen. “Okay, where are we going were you need to wear a suit?”

“Gee Charlie, didn’t you mother ever teach you about surprises?” Brax questioned.

“She did,” Charlie nodded. “Okay I get it. No more questioning.”

“Good.” Brax smiled as he zipped up his trousers, before doing up the button.

“Any other requests?” Charlie asked as she put her dress on. “How do you want my hair? My make-up?”

“Natural looking,” Brax answered. “Not too much because you already look gorgeous,” Brax smiled. “And keep your hair down and wavy as it is.”

“Yes sir.” Charlie laughed as she walked closer to Brax. “Can you pull the zip up?”

Brax did as he asked before he wrapped his arms around Charlie’s waist and placed a soft kiss on her neck. “I love you so much.” Brax whispered into her neck.

“I love you too.” Charlie smiled as she turned around to face him and placed a soft kiss over his ‘blood and sand’ tattoo, before kissing her way up his neck until she found his lips.

“Mmm, Charlie we need to finish getting ready.” Brax said as he reluctantly pulled away from her kisses. Charlie pouted as she kept her grip on Brax and placed one last kiss on his lips, before walking away and making a start to her make-up. Brax put on his shirt and suit jacket before walking over to the wardrobe and hunting out his shoes. He disappeared into the bathroom and sprayed himself with his cologne, before he rested his hands against the sink and took a deep breath as he looked at himself in the mirror. He was feeling more nervous now that he was dressed. After another deep breath he walked out of the bathroom to find Charlie standing waiting on him, ready to leave. “God you look gorgeous.” Brax smiled as he stepped forward and cupped her cheek with his hand and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

“You scrub up pretty damn nicely yourself.” Charlie replied.

Brax smiled nervously before he took Charlie's hand and the pair left the hotel room and began walking down the hallway. “Damn,” Brax muttered. “I forgot the.....my wallet” Brax said. “I’ll be right back.” Brax turned and ran down the hall and opened the door back into his hotel room and ran over his bedside drawers. He opened the top drawer, and, right at the bottom, under all this underwear, sat the thing he need. He lifted the box out and into his hand and opened it up to look at the ring one more time. He took a deep breath and hoped that the next time he saw that ring, would be when he was putting it on Charlie’s finger after she’d accepted his proposal.

Thank you all so much for the comments. They really do make me smile. Hope you all like this one. :)

Chapter 138

Charlie and Brax were walking along the marina hand in hand, when Brax stopped in front of one of the yachts. “Nice looking boat.” Brax smiled.

“Yeah.” Charlie agreed.

“C’mon.” Brax smiled as he pulled Charlie forward and stepped onto the boat.

“Brax,” Charlie raised her voice. “We can’t just walk onto someone’s boat.”

“Sure we can,” Brax laughed. “No one is going to find out.”

“Brax, no,” Charlie raised her voice. “C’mon we should leave.” Charlie tried to walk away back Brax pulled her forward with him, further onto the boat.

“Hello?” The voice said as an older man appeared out on the deck in front of them.

“We are so sorry,” Charlie started. “We’ll leave now.”

“Darryl.” The man smiled as he stepped forward and shook his hand. “And you must be Charlie,” He held his hand out and Charlie shook it, looking slightly bewildered. “Well Darryl you weren’t lying, she is a fine looking lady.” The man said before he walked down the small set of stairs of the yacht, before turning to face them again, and looked up at a perplexed Charlie. “Don’t look so worried. Everything is going to be fine. We will be at our destination in around 30 minutes time. Enjoy the ride.” The man smiled before he disappeared from view, and started up the engine, and took the boat out of the marina.

Charlie looked questioningly to Brax but he just grinned and placed a soft kiss on her lips before leading her up to the front of the boat that was beautifully decorated with rose petals, a blanket for them to sit on, a champagne cooler, and a picnic basket. “Sit down.” Brax said and Charlie did as she was told, and took a seat on the blanket, with Brax taking place next to her. He opened the basket and pulled out a platter of fresh fruit, and a box of chocolates, and lay them down in front of them. He picked up one of the strawberries and brought it up to Charlie’s mouth and she took a bite.

“Brax,” Charlie gasped. “This is so lovely. What’s all this in aid of?”

“Does there need to be a reason?” Brax questioned. “Can’t I just do nice, lovely, romantic gestures for my loving partner and the mother of my awesome kids?”

“I guess so, yeah,” Charlie smiled as Brax popped open the bottle of champagne and poured Charlie a glass, before opening the second bottle of sparkling water and pouring a glass for himself. “I’m so proud of you, you know,” Charlie smiled as she placed one of her hands softly against Brax’s cheek and looked deep into his eyes. “We’ve had one hell of a year so far and you’ve resisted temptation to drink. You’re the strongest person I know and I couldn’t have gotten through all this without you.”

“It’s because of you that I don’t reach out for that bottle of beer, that glass of bourbon.” Brax smiled. “You keep me from falling apart.”

“I think it’s safe to say we keep each other from falling apart.” Charlie smiled and Brax nodded before he leaned in closer to her and placed a kiss on her lips. Charlie smiled into the kiss and let it deepen and become more passionate. Brax reluctantly pulled back, and opened the box of chocolates.

“Oh crap they’re melting.” Brax laughed as he picked up a soft chocolate, getting his fingers covered in chocolate in the process. Charlie laughed lightly as she picked up and chocolate and popped it into her mouth as she shrugged her shoulders.

“They still taste the same,” Charlie said as she licked the excess chocolate from her fingers, before picking up a raspberry to eat. “Imagine if the kids were here. Those chocolates would be gone already.” Charlie laughed.

“Yeah.” Brax nodded as he wiped the chocolate from his hand on a napkin. “Probably more than half of them eaten by Paige. She’s mental on the stuff.”

“Well you never question the need of a woman and her chocolate.” Charlie said as she once again picked up a raspberry and brought it to her mouth.

“No,” Brax laughed lightly. “And I have four females in the house to content with at the moment.”

“Well you have Jacob and Xavier, and I guess, technically if we were being picky, Milo is male.”

“Milo,” Brax laughed. “I think he’d be on the females’ side. Remember when he ate the whole big bar of chocolate and puked up everywhere.”

“Yeah, I remember, I had to clean it up,” Charlie said. “I still don’t understand how he got it unwrapped.”

“Hey, he’s our pup of course he is going to be clever,” Brax said before the both laughed lightly. Charlie exhaled lightly as she once again looked deep into Brax’s eyes. “What?”

“Nothing,” Charlie shook her head. “I just...I love where we are right now. Our lives couldn’t get more perfect.”

Brax smiled as he lightly cupped Charlie’s cheek in his hand and placed a soft kiss on her lips. “You don’t think so?” Brax questioned as he moved his hand over his pocket, and felt the ring box sitting there. Charlie shook her head lightly and Brax just smiled before he stood up and took Charlie’s hand into his and pulled her to her feet. They walked to the front of the yacht, and Brax rested against the railing, as Charlie stood beside him, looking out to the gorgeous crystal blue waters, and in the short distance in front of them, a lovely tropical island, with a white sanded beach, and a row of palm trees.

“Why are you all nervous all of a sudden?” Charlie questioned, her hand still entwined with his.

“I’m not nervous.” Brax exhaled.

“Mmm, you’re palm is all sweaty, and you’re left eye is twitching, you’re nervous.”

“Charlie, I love you,” Brax said. “I love you more than I ever thought would be possible. Until I met you, I didn’t believe that love like this existed. You’ve made me the happiest man on earth and I want to spend the rest of my days with you in my life. Charlie, will you marry me?” Charlie gasped as she looked down to see Brax was displaying a gorgeous white gold ring, with a lovely diamond set in the centre. She leapt forward and planted a deep, passionate kiss on Brax’s lips. He wrapped his arms around her tiny frame, and held her tightly against him as he let the kiss become more passionate, before reluctantly pulling away and letting go of Charlie. “I’ll take that as a yes?”

“Of course it’s a yes you fool,” Charlie said as tears of joy formed in her eyes. Brax smiled as he put the ring on her finger, and the smile grew larger as it was the perfect fit. “It’s gorgeous. This must have cost you a fortune.”

“Nothing you’re not worth.” Brax said as he wrapped his arm around Charlie, and the newly engaged couple stood and watched as the island became clearer to them. It was then that Charlie noticed the kids standing, watching and waiting for their arrival. Xavier and Jacob dressed up smartly in the same grey coloured suit that Brax was, Ruby dressed in a gorgeous shade of teal, the dress long and flowing down to the sand, the twins in little white dresses with a ribbon - the same shade of teal as Ruby’s dress - around their waists and tied in a pretty bow on their backs. Charlie gasped as she saw her children; she didn’t think they were getting here till later on that night.

“What’s...” Charlie trailed off as she looked up to Brax for answers.

“Charlie,” Brax took a deep breath before he asked her the next question. “Will you marry me, right here, right now?” Charlie’s eyes widened and her mouth opened in shock at the request. The proposal was a big enough surprise, she never expected that, let alone the proposal of a wedding right then. Suddenly everything began to make sense to Charlie. The secrets meetings between Brax and Ruby, the bad lies Charlie was being spun, Xavier telling her to trust them and that it would all be worth it, it was for this, they were planning her wedding. Charlie looked from Brax to her kids before looking back up to Brax, ready to give him an answer.

Thank you everyone. :wub: Think it is one a lot of you have been looking forward too....I hope it doesnt disappoint.

Chapter 139

Charlie stood in the small room in the downstairs of the yacht and stared at herself in the mirror. “You look gorgeous, mum.” Ruby smiled. Charlie was changed into her wedding dress. It was a simple white strapless dress that flowed loosely down to the floor. It was far from fancy, but it was beautiful, and really suited Charlie.

“I take it you dressed everyone?” Charlie questioned and Ruby nodded lightly. “You’ve picked really well.” Charlie smiled before she looked to her engagement ring, running her right index and middle finger over it, as a grin appeared on her face.

“I can’t believe I’m finally getting married.” Charlie choked back, almost shedding a tear.

“Hey, c’mon that’s not waterproof mascara.” Ruby said. “You can’t cry.”

Charlie looked down to the make-up that was sitting on the desk that Ruby had applied to her mother just moments before. “Well that was stupid Rubes.” Charlie laughed. “I’m going to be a wreck later; you could have at least gotten me waterproof mascara.”

Ruby laughed lightly. “Of course it’s waterproof,” Ruby said. “You’re a crier.”

Charlie took a deep breath before she looked out of the window in the yacht and saw Brax standing talking, nervously it seemed, with Xavier and the minister, while Jacob, Paige and Riley were running around them in circles. “I’ve just....I’ve dreamed of this day for so long I...” Charlie trailed off as she turned back around and looked down at Ruby. “This isn’t how I thought it would be. The beach, for sure,” Charlie nodded. “I always saw us getting married on the beach, but it just being us and you kids...it’s going to make it so special.” Charlie smiled before she pursed her lips together, and got a look of uncertainty on her face.

“Is this what you really want?” Ruby asked. “Just your kids here?”

“The only thing missing is Bianca,” Charlie said. “She’s the only one I really care about that’s missing this.” Charlie smiled lightly as she stepped closer to Ruby. “But the most important people in my life are here and....Oh Ruby I can’t wait to be Mrs Braxton.”

“I know,” Ruby smiled. “And you’ve waited a long time for this day.”

“Too long.” Charlie nodded. “In fact, I can’t wait a moment longer, so if you’re ready?”

“I am.” Ruby smiled as walked closer to her mother. Charlie placed her hand on Ruby small bump and rubbed it gently. “Wish me luck, kiddo.” Charlie whispered and Ruby laughed lightly before they walked out of the boat and onto the sand.

“Mummy.” Paige leapt into her arms in excitement. “I miss you too much.”

“Aww I missed you too,” Charlie said as she already felt herself choking up as she placed Paige back on the ground. Riley and Jacob were the next to hug Charlie, before she looked up to the short distance and saw Brax and Xavier standing waiting at the end of two rows of red rose petals, the makeshift aisle that Charlie would soon walk up. They shared a smile with each other before Charlie looked back down to her kids. “Wow you all look so beautiful. My little prince and princesses.” Charlie smiled as ruffled Jacob’s hair.

“So you is the queen.” Riley nodded. “You look the prettiest ever mummy.”

“Aww thank you sweetie.” Charlie smiled as she gave each of her children a kiss.

“Mummy I am the bestest man.” Jacob grinned, proud of his title. “Look I have you wedding bands.” Jacob smiled as he lifted two white gold bands from his pocket.

“Aww wow what an important job you’ve got Jacob.” Charlie smiled.

“Yeah.” Jacob nodded.

“Right Jacob, you go up and stand next to daddy and we can let this wedding start.” Ruby smiled as placed her hand on Jacob’s shoulder. He nodded lightly before he walked up the aisle and stood proudly in-between Brax and Xavier. Ruby got Paige and Riley in the place at the start of the aisle. They were holding hands and would walk up together, followed by Ruby, and then, lastly, but most importantly, Charlie. Charlie took a number of deep breaths as she watched her daughters walking up the aisle, and she noticed Brax, standing watching her, unable to take his eyes off his beautiful bride.

“Okay, so I guess it’s time for me to go.” Ruby said as she took one step forward.

“Wait,” Charlie said she as she took hold of Ruby’s arm. “Will you give me away?” Charlie questioned.

“Oh wow, eh,” Ruby nodded her head as she felt herself tearing up. “Mum, I’d be honoured.” Ruby said as she pulled her into a hug. Charlie took one last deep breath before she linked arms with her daughter and they began walking down the aisle. Charlie kept her gaze on Brax as she walked up the aisle, and noticed he couldn’t keep his eyes off her either. As she stopped next to him he gave her the most loving smile that Charlie had ever seen. Charlie returned the smile before they looked around to the minister as he began the ceremony.

“Welcome, family of Charlotte and Darryl.” The minister smiled as he looked to the children. “We have come here today to celebrate their union and the commitment they are making of a lifelong relationship. We would like to remember Ross and Elsie, the beloved parents of Charlotte, who sadly couldn’t not be with us today, but we know that they are looking down on their daughter and smiling as she is committing herself for life to the one she loves,” As the minister spoke, Brax took Charlie’s hand in his and squeezed it gently. “You have spent 5 wonderful years together, falling in love, learning to trust and respect. My only hope is that you continue to share this love, trust and respect for the rest of your days, and Charlotte and Darryl, here today, in front of your family, do you present yourselves willingly and of your own accord to be joined in marriage?”

“We do.” Charlie and Brax both spoke in unison.

“And Charlotte and Darryl, will you promise to care for each other in the joys and sorrows of life, come what may, and to share the responsibility for growth and enrichment of your life together?”

“We will.”

“Then please present each other with your vows.” The minister smiled as he took a step back, and Charlie and Brax turned to face each other. Brax took a deep breath as he pulled a piece of crumpled up paper from his suit pocket and looked down at it.

“Charlie, 5 years ago, when you took me back, I thought I was the happiest man alive and didn’t think my life could get any better.” Brax exhaled lightly as he looked into Charlie’s mesmerising blue eyes and could see she had already shed a tear. “But I was wrong. Since then, we’ve welcomed the girls into the world, and continued to raise one amazing kid in our son.” Brax smiled as he looked down to Jacob who was grinning at being mentioned in the vows. “Charlie, you captured my heart by being exactly who you are. The sweetest, most loving, compassionate, and sensitive person I have ever known. You have been my very best friend through the good and the bad. You have been the reason that I smile and you have believed in me when no one else would.” As Brax spoke his voice began to break, although he tried his very best to hide it, Charlie saw his eyes glazing over and smiled encouragingly at him. “You have shown me how to love with passion, purity, and unconditional acceptance and for this you have made me who I am today; a better person.” Brax paused as he looked up to see the tears falling down Charlie’s face, and standing behind her, Ruby was also wiping away the tears. “I'm not sure a lifetime is long enough to return all you have given to me, but I can only promise that I’ll spend rest of my days by your side, trying to give back to you, all you’ve done for me. As two separate people we aren’t half bad, but together, we are amazing. Today as I stand here, I give you my love, my trust and my fidelity forever. You will always be the best part of my day, and I am and always will be, forever yours.” Brax smiled as he wiped a tear from his eye and looked at his beautiful bride to be, who had tears streaming down her face.

“This is so not fair.” Charlie wiped the tears from her eyes. “You’ve have time to prepare something. You’re just leaving me to work on the spot here.” Brax laughed lightly as he put the piece of paper back in his pocket, as Charlie took a deep breath and she pursed her lips together. “Brax, 5 years ago, when you wound up at my door wanting me to take you back, I didn’t ever think we’d have what we have today.” Charlie paused for a minute to compose herself. “But I’m so glad I gave you that chance because these last 5 years, although we’ve have some pretty testing times, have been the best years of my life and I wouldn’t want to change anything about it, even the bad times because they’ve made us stronger and even more in love than I ever thought was possible.” Charlie paused as a tear rolled down her cheek. “You are my rock, Brax, and the love of my life. You’re the first person I want to see in the mornings and the last person I want to see at night.” Charlie exhaled lightly. “In times of sadness, you’ve been my shoulder to cry on, my continued support. Through the good times, we’ve laughed and loved and made two beautiful daughters.” Charlie paused as she looked down to her girls who were standing looking up at their parents, all wide eyed.

“That’s us.” Paige giggled as she put her hand on Riley’s arm.

“Paige, shhh.” Riley put her index finger onto Paige’s mouth to silence her. Charlie laughed lightly at her daughters before looking back to Brax.

“I love you with all my heart and I promise to remain faithful for the rest of our lives. Not only are you my husband-to-be, but your my best friend, my shoulder to cry on, my rock. You make my life complete and I’m going to spend the rest of our lives together, showing you just how much you mean to me. I love you and the life we have more than anything and I too am and always will be forever yours.” Brax took Charlie’s hands into his and squeezed them lightly. They both gave each other a loving smile.

The minister smiled before the looked down to Jacob. “Do we have the rings?” Jacob nodded as he pulled the rings from his pocket and held them out in his palm. Brax looked down to him and picked up Charlie’s ring before turning to face her again. “For thousands of years, lovers have exchanged rings as a token of their vows; let these rings be a sign that love has a past, a present, and a future through you and within you. Darryl, take Charlotte’s ring and place it on her finger and repeat after me: I give you this ring as a sign that I choose you to be my lover, my partner and my best friend, to the end of my days wear it, think of me, and know that I love you.”

Brax slowly put the ring onto Charlie’s finger as he spoke the words. “I give you this ring as a sign that I choose you to be my lover, my partner and my best friend.” Brax paused as he looked up at the minister with a questioning look.

“To the end of my days, wear it, think of me, and know that I love you.” The minister said quietly.

Charlie laughed and Brax went red in embarrassment. “To the end of my days, wear it, think of me and know that I love you.”

The minister smiled as he looked from Brax to Charlie. “Charlotte take Darryl’s ring and repeat after me: I give you this ring as a sign that I choose you, to be my lover, my partner and my best friend. To the end of my days, wear it, think of me, and know that I love you.”

Charlie reached forward and took the ring from her son, before taking Brax’s hand in hers and placing the ring on his finger. “I give you this ring as a sign that I choose you, to be my lover, my partner and my best friend. To the end of my days, wear it, think of me, and know that I love you.”

“Charlotte and Darryl, we have heard your promise to share your lives in marriage. We recognize and respect the vows you have made here this day, before your family as witnesses. It is my great honour to declare you as husband and wife. You may kiss.”

Charlie and Brax smiled at each other before Brax pulled Charlie forward and into an embrace. The girls cheered and clapped and Charlie and Brax pulled back from the kiss and looked down to their daughters as they laughed.

“Kiss again.” Riley giggled. Charlie and Brax looked back up at each other and not needing be asked twice, went in for another kiss.

Thank you everyone. :wub: So really not feeling this chapter at all but hopefully its okay. :(

Chapter 140

Charlie, Brax, Ruby, Xavier and the kids were sitting around the table, having enjoyed a lovely lunch, and were now having a little bit of a break from food before having some wedding cake. “Okay, so, before we get to the cake I think it’s time for the best man’s speech.” Ruby grinned as she looked down to her little brother. Jacob’s eyes widened as he looked to Charlie.

“I need to do a speech?” Jacob questioned.

“Well the best man normally does.” Brax answered.

“But you didn’t tell me.” Jacob raised his voice as he looked to the Ruby then to Brax. “I no no what to say.” Jacob shook his head as he spoke.

“Well mummy had to make her vows up on the spot – which by the way were amazing -.” Brax said as he gave Charlie a grin. “So you can do the same. Go on stand up, chop chop.” Brax teased.

Jacob stood up on the chair and looked at the adults as they sat and started at him, wondering what he was going to say. He cleared his through before he took a deep breath. “Mummy and daddy.” Jacob smiled. “Finally got married and it was the best day.” Jacob smiled. “And uhm....mummy looks like a princess and eh....we all love you lots and lots and yeah.” Jacob smiled. “You need to stay married for ever and evers and now I get to be a Braxton too like daddy and mummy and Paige and Riley. Eh you are the best mummy and daddy.” Jacob exhaled as he looked to Ruby.

“Is that enough?” Jacob asked shyly. Ruby nodded before the adults clapped for him before he jumped off the chair and climbed up onto Charlie’s knee and cuddled into her.

“Aww sweetie, don’t be shy.” Charlie laughed. “It was a lovely speech. Ruby and Daddy were just teasing you; you didn’t even have to say anything.”

“But what I did was good?” Jacob asked and Charlie nodded before placing a kiss on his temple.

“So, Rubes, how were these 3 on the plane?” Brax asked before taking a drink of his water.

“Oh God, never am I ever taking your kids on a ten hour flight again.” Ruby shook her head.

“Sorry.” Charlie said. “They weren’t that bad though, were they?”

“Jacob was good, great even. He sat with me and we played cards and told jokes and he had a good sleep and watched movies.” Xavier answered. “He was no bother at all.”

“And then the twins.” Ruby said through gritted teeth. “Oh the twins. Or one twin in particular.”

“Oh dear.” Brax said. “Riley, what did you do?”

“I bee’d good.” Riley nodded her head. “Ay Ruby?”

Ruby laughed lightly. “She must have asked to go to the toilet like 50 times.” Ruby said. “Of course she only actually needed like twice.”

“Riley.” Charlie bit her lip to stop herself from laughing.

“I liked the room.” Riley grinned. “Was cool.”

Brax pulled a face, looking perplexed. “You’re a strange child Riley.”

“No no.” Riley shook her head. “I’s not.”

“Mummy we watched The Lion King.” Paige smiled.

“Ah wow, did you like it?” Charlie questioned.

“Yeah.” Paige nodded. “I like the songs, they were happy and the ehm....Pumbaa.” Paige giggled. “He my favourite. He funny.”

“No no no.” Riley shook her head. “The monkey. The money was best.”

“Ah no surprises there that you liked the monkey best.” Brax laughed and Riley frowned before she stuck her tongue out at her dad.

“What about you Jacob? Who was your favourite?” Charlie questioned.

“Scar.” Jacob nodded.

“Scar? You’re not supposed to like Scar. He’s a baddie.”

“He was so cool. He had this black mane and scary looking eyes and he had a scar too.” Jacob said. “He did. His name was Scar and he had a scar over his eye.” Jacob nodded.

“No Scar.” Paige shook her head. “He was ‘orrible.”

Riley giggled. “She was scared.”

“Nah-uh Riley.” Paige shook her head. “He just not nice.”

“I liked Zazu too.” Jacob smiled. “He was a bit stupid though. He lost Simba and Nala and the hyenas were going to get them but then Mufasa came and roared and he scared the hyenas away.”

“Scar killed Mufasa.” Riley said. “He is bad Jacob.”

“Well I liked him.” Jacob said as she folded his arms across his chest. “So there.”

“Well I’m glad you all enjoyed the film.” Charlie smiled. “And really Ruby I’m sorry if they were too much bother.”

“Well not really I guess.” Ruby answered. "Just Riley constantly asking for the toilet and the whole 3 of them didn’t really like it when the plane landed.”

“Oh no.” Paige shook her head. “It ‘orrible.”

“It wasn’t going to stop.” Riley voice got higher as she spoke.

“They all thought we were going to crash through the airport. It was quiet comical really. Especially to the people sitting next to us.” Xavier laughed.

“Well Charlie and I will have the kids on the way home so you can have a relaxing flight back.” Brax said and Xavier and Ruby smiled.

“Hey, I want to know how you got Riley in a dress.” Charlie questioned. “The bribery of cake again?”

“No.” Ruby shook her head. “I eh....I kinda told her that Brax would take her boogie boarding.” Ruby said tentatively as she looked to her mother.

“Oh you did.” Charlie said and Riley nodded.

“Yeah mummy I can’t wait to go.” Riley grinned. “And I’s still 3.” Riley held 3 hands up as she kept a grin on her face.

“Oh we’ll see.” Charlie said, unsure.

“Can we have some cake now?” Paige questioned.

“Sure we can.” Brax smiled as he stood up from the table. I’ll just go find a knife so mummy and I can cut the cake.”

Charlie stood on the terrace and watched as the waves lapped gently again the shore in the distance. Brax walked out and wrapped his arms around her and placed a soft kiss on her neck. “I love you Mrs Braxton.” Brax said and Charlie smiled as she turned to face him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

“Mrs Braxton.” Charlie grinned. “I love it already.”

“Well I love saying it, Mrs Braxton.”

Charlie raised her eyebrows before placing a soft kiss on Brax’s lips. “Then why did it take you so long to make me Mrs Braxton?” Charlie asked.

“Hey, c’mon you’re Mrs Braxton now and that’s all that matters.” Brax smiled.

“Mmm indeed it is.” Charlie raised her eyebrows before she placed a soft kiss on Brax’s lips.

“So, what do you think of this place?” Brax smiled as they both looked back out to the ocean.

“It’s lovely. But we just had a few hours with the kids and then you take me off again.” Charlie said.

“Oh I’m sorry for trying to be romantic. We are newlyweds, I thought a few days alone would be nice.”

“I know and I really appreciate it but please tell me after this there are no more surprises?” Charlie questioned.

“I promise,” Brax smiled. “Come Monday we will be back at the hotel with Rubes, Xav and the kids for a great holiday with them.”

“Good,” Charlie smiled. “Not that I’m complaining mind you. This place is absolutely gorgeous.” Charlie smiled as she looked out to the white sanded beach and the crystal blue waters. They were in a little villa, the next one not for a good while down the beach, so they had plenty of privacy. Each villa had their own little private bit of beach and the had little golf cart so they could make the drive along the resort grounds so they could get to the restaurant, which Charlie found pretty amusing. “And you did finally find us that secluded beach.”

“Mmm I wasn’t giving up on finding that.” Brax grinned seductively before he kissed Charlie once again.

“The only thing that I’m worried about is that you said you did the packing for me. You...” Charlie pulled a face.

“C’mon and I’ll show you what I brought.” Brax said as he took Charlie’s hand and led her back into the villa. He zipped open the bag and Charlie pulled out her white bikini, a red sundress, a blue strapless dress, a little black dress and a pair of black heels, and of course, clean underwear. “See not bad is it?”

“No actually, not bad at all.” Charlie said. “Although I do seem to notice a lack of pyjamas.”

“Aww well then you’ll just need to cuddle close to me to keep warm them eh.” Brax grinned before he pulled Charlie closer to him, wrapping his arms around her waist before letting his hands fall to her bottom.

“I guess I will,” Charlie smiled. “And Brax, you know before when I said that our lives couldn’t get any more perfect?”

“Yeah?”

“Well I was wrong. Because it just totally did.” Charlie grinned. "Now it really is perfect."

"Good. I think so too." Brax smiled. “And as gorgeous as you look in that dress, I do think maybe it’s time that we took it off.” Brax raised his eyebrows and Charlie smiled before they met in a passionate kiss.

Archived