Forever Yours

Guest Danni02

Thanks everyone. :wub:

Chapter 181

Ruby was lying on the hospital bed, attached to monitors, that was checking the baby’s heart rate. Her vitals had been checked and everything was fine with her, and the doctor was now checking to make sure that the baby was okay. The bleeding had since stopped, much to the relief of both Ruby and Xavier. “When you got an ultrasound at 20 weeks did the technician check for placenta previa?”

“No, not that I’m aware.” Ruby shook her head before giving Xavier a questioning look.

“No,” Xavier also shook his head at Sid. “I don’t think she did.”

“It’s no surprise she didn’t,” Sid said in annoyance. “She’s fairly new. Never seems to do anything right,” Sid rubbed his forehead as he looked down at Ruby’s notes. “Okay, so I’ll get an ultrasound done for you right away,” Sid said. “Don’t look so worried,” Sid looked at Ruby before setting his eyes on the monitor. “Baby’s heart rate is strong.”

“So the baby will be okay?” Xavier asked feeling a little more relieved. “She’s not….Ruby won’t lose her?”

“A strong heart beat is a good sign, but this ultrasound will also give us a better idea how she’s doing.” Sid answered as he placed Ruby’s notes back down on the end of the bed and walked across the room, to get the ultrasound machine. He squeezed some gel onto Ruby’s stomach, before placing the doppler onto her stomach, and looked to the screen, his silence scaring Ruby and Xavier for a moment. “Everything seems great,” Sid smiled lightly. “She’s having a nice sleep and is facing away from us, so I guess she doesn’t want to be seen today.”

Ruby and Xavier both breathed a sigh of relief. “Oh thank God,” Ruby exhaled. “So you swear to me that she is perfectly fine?”

“She’s fine,” Sid smiled lightly at Ruby as he continued to check over her. He moved the doppler further down her stomach, and looked at the screen. “Hmm, yes. It’s placenta previa as I suspected.”

“And what’s that?” Xavier asked as he squeezed Ruby’s hand.

“The placenta is lying lower that we’d like, which would explain the bleeding,” Sid answered as he switched off the machine and handed Ruby a paper towel to wipe the excess gel from her stomach. “What were you doing as you noticed the bleeding start?”

“I was eating lunch,” Ruby answered. “Before that moving stuff in to the new house.”

“She wasn’t carrying anything big though,” Xavier answered. “I wouldn’t let her help with any of the big stuff.”

“Okay,” Sid nodded. “I’m going to ask you to take it easy for the next while Ruby. Preferable bed rest for the next couple of days. And I’m also going to ask you to refrain from having sex until after the birth.”

“That long?” Ruby gasped.

“I’m sorry, but it really is for the best.” Sid replied. “You don’t have what we’d call complete previa, it’s only marginal, but there are still risks, and activities such as sex will cause you to bleed and may end up being harmful to the baby, so I am only saying this in the best interest of you and the child.”

Xavier nodded at Sid’s words. “And can this change or is she like this until delivery? Can she still go full-term?”

I can’t give you a definite answer right now,” Sid exhaled. “We’ll book you in for an ultrasound early in your 3rd trimester and we can check if the placenta has moved to the normal position.”

“So it could move?” Ruby questioned.

“You’re uterus is still growing, so yes, that could move the placenta into the correct position. But if by the time we do this ultrasound and there has been no movement, or it’s gotten worse, then we’ll need to book you in for a scheduled C-section.”

“Oh,” Ruby sounded slightly disappointed. “I really wanted a natural birth.”

“Sorry but that maybe not be an option,” Sid answered. “If the placenta is still low then it will be in the way for a natural delivery, and we will need to perform a C-section.”

“Well we want whatever is the safest,” Xavier said as he gave Ruby’s hand a comforting squeeze. “So if it has to be a C-section, then yeah, we’ll have to go for that.”

“Do I need to stay here or can I go home?” Ruby asked, as she gently rubbed her stomach.

“I’d like to keep you for a while longer,” Sid said. “I’ll be back to check on you and the baby in a couple of hours then we’ll see about sending you home.” Sid gave Ruby a smile as he stood up and walked over to the door, leaving the room.

Bianca walked back down the stairs of Charlie’s house after putting Bella down for her nap. She walked into the living room, where Charlie was with her kids. “I’m so glad she still takes naps,” Bianca yawned as she sat down on the couch.

Charlie laughed lightly. “Looks like you could do with a nap yourself.”

“I feel like I need one,” Bianca said as she rubbed her eyes. “Charlie I don’t get how you raise 3 children. I’m struggling with two, and Ash is the greatest kid ever, so really it’s like I’m struggling with just Bella.”

“She can be a handful,” Charlie said. “But like you say, she could be acting up so much lately because she’s missing Liam.”

“Yeah maybe.” Bianca sighed.

“And hey,” Charlie placed her hand on Bianca’s arm. “You’re doing it on your own. I have Brax, Ruby and even Xavier to help me.”

“I’d love to just have a break. Just one night not to have to bathe the kids, and put them to bed. They wear you out and I just need a night off.”

“So then have that,” Charlie said. “Ash is with his grandparents. You’re half way there.” Charlie gave a little laugh.

“Who’s going to watch Bella?” Bianca said. “Irene is working late tonight, April and Dex are going out.”

“She can stay with us.” Charlie said.

Bianca pursed her lips together. “I’ve never left her overnight before. What if she doesn’t like it?”

“Then Brax will bring her home. Or we’ll settle her. She gets on great with the twins. You never know, she might be fine.”

“You’ve just got Brax back,” Bianca shook her head. “I don’t want to put you out.”

“You wouldn’t be,” Charlie shook her head. “And it’s not as if Brax had been gone for months, and I still saw him every day. And he’s been home for a few days already,” Charlie said. “All I am saying is the offer is there if you want it. There’s nothing wrong with having one night off. It cannot be easy doing this alone.”

“And you’re sure you don’t mind?” Bianca questioned.

“I wouldn’t have offered if I didn’t want to do it.” Charlie said. “So you can think about it, the offer is there. Give you time to have a nice long bubble bath, a couple of glasses of wine, watch a nice chick-flick and have an early night.”

“Ahh sounds like heaven,” Bianca grinned. “I’ll seriously think about it.”

“Do you think maybe we should call your mum?” Xavier questioned. “And my mum come to think of it. Let them know what happened?”

Ruby shook her head. “We can tell them when we get home. Let’s not worry them into coming to the hospital. You know what they are like,” Ruby said. “As soon as we tell them they will be on their way.”

“Yeah, I suppose they will.” Xavier nodded.

“Xav I’m really sorry about the no sex thing.” Ruby said she looked down.

“Don’t be silly, it’s not your fault and although it would be nice to continue it’s not safe for Grace, so we can’t.” Xavier put his hand on Ruby’s chin and pushed her head lightly up to face him again.

“I know we can’t,” Ruby smiled weakly. “But I seem to be in overdrive at the moment so it’s going to be hard not to.”

Xavier laughed lightly. “Well I’m sure when we are holding our healthy little girl in our arms we’ll say the waiting was worth it.”

“Yeah,” Ruby pursed her lips together. “I’m kinda getting a bit nervous now,” Ruby said quietly. “For the birth and then actually having to be responsible for a little life,” Ruby bit her lip. “Well maybe now I might have to get a C-section, I guess it won’t be as bad as a natural delivery, but the recovery is supposed to hurt. You know I’ll be all sore where I get the stiches and stuff. I might not can do as much for the baby the first week or so.”

“We’ll work it all out though,” Xavier smiled lightly. “As long as we get Grace here, it doesn’t really matter how she gets here, does it?”

“No, I suppose not,” Ruby shook her head as she rubbed her stomach once again. She looked up to the clock and exhaled. “You think I’ll get home today? I hate hospitals.”

“I’m not sure babe,” Xavier shook his head. “You want me to find Sid, see how long you have to be here?”

“If you don’t mind?” Ruby questioned.

“Of course not,” Xavier smiled lightly as he stood up. “I’ll be right back.” Xavier kissed Ruby’s forehead lightly before leaving the room.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all so much. I am amazed that still story still has so much support. :wub:

Chapter 182

Brax pulled his car up in the driveway to find Charlie outside with Jacob, the twins, Bella and Milo. “Hey, I was just about to take this little one out for a walk,” Charlie smiled as Brax walked up to her and placed a soft kiss on her lips. “You going to join us?”

“Sure.” Brax nodded lightly as they started to walk away from the house, towards the lake.

“Daddy you home,” Riley grinned as she ran over him. “You get chocolate?” Riley tried to reach up into Brax’s combats pocket.

“No,” Brax gave a little laugh. “I didn’t bring you chocolate.” Brax ruffled his daughter’s hair as she frowned.

“Why?” Riley questioned as she walked with her parents and Milo along the path, as Jacob, Paige and Bella were running around just a little in front.

“Because you don’t need chocolate,” Brax said. “Now go and play with you brother and sister.” Riley sighed unimpressed as Brax’s lack of chocolate presents, before she ran off to join the others. Charlie took Milo off the lead and he ran off excitedly.

“So, how did things go this morning?” Charlie asked. “All the staff alright?”

“Most of them,” Brax exhaled. “Only one guy won’t wait around until the new place is open,” Brax exhaled lightly. “But he is kinda the most important as he is the head chef.”

“Oh, so Scott isn’t sticking around?” Charlie questioned.

“Nah,” Brax sighed. “Said he can’t afford to wait months to be paid again. Said he has a wife and young son to support,” Brax clicked his tongue. “I guess I can understand, but other people have families and they’re willing to wait to get their job back.”

“Well it’s not the end of the world,” Charlie said softly. “We can advertise for a new head chef.”

“I guess,” Brax rubbed his forehead. “I just don’t think it’ll be easy. Who wants to be a head chef in a little beachside town? All the good chef’s go for the posh places in the city.”

“Okay, well.... just fill the position from in house. I mean you’re taking on Xavier so it’s not like you’ll lose the number of heads in the kitchen now Scott has gone. You know, lose Scott but gain Xavier. He finished top of his class and is a decent chef. Don’t you say you always get great comments on the food when Xavier is helping out? Maybe he could be the new head chef.” Charlie suggested, before taking a quick look up to the kids to see they were all okay.

“Yeah he’s a great chef and one day he’ll be a head chef, I have no doubts about it, but he’s just out of school,” Brax answered. “There’s no way he’ll can cope with the pressures of being a head chef right away. He needs some experience and I’m happy to hire him to give him that.” Brax answered before Milo appeared back at Brax’s feet with a stick for him to throw. Brax bent down and picked the stick up, a flung it far for Milo to go fetch.

“Okay, so what about the sous chef?” Charlie questioned. “Give her a promotion to head chef and then pick a new sous chef from the rest of the chefs you have?”

“He might can do sous chef,” Brax nodded. “Xavier, I mean. But Luke is also great in the kitchen, so I might give that job to him. But you’re right. Tara should be my new head chef.”

“You’re new chef?” Charlie questioned. “I thought the new place was going to be our restaurant? Should she be our new head chef?” Charlie asked.

“Eh yeah,” Brax scratched the side of his head. “Sorry, I’m just so used to saying my restaurant. I guess it will be ours.” Brax smiled. “I’m actually excited at the thought of us opening a new place together. And I think a new place needs a new name, so get your thinking cap on.” Brax gave Charlie a cheeky grin.

“I have to get my thinking cap on? Just me? Not you?” Charlie questioned. “It is going to be our restaurant so shouldn’t we name the place together?” Charlie asked.

“You just can’t think of anything can you?” Brax laughed. “Want me to do the hard work?”

“Well you’ve only just asked me so no nothing comes to mind at the moment, but I’m sure we will can think of something together.” Charlie answered as Milo appeared back, this time wanting Charlie to throw the stick for him. She picked it up and threw it, watching as Milo chased after it, before once again looking to the kids. Jacob was up a tree sitting on the branch as Riley was climbing up to sit next to him with Paige and Bella looking up at them.

“What are those two like?” Brax laughed as they picked up the pace and stopped beneath the tree. “Eh, kiddies, what you doing climbing the tree?” Brax asked just as Paige put her hands on the tree and lifted her foot up, going to attempt to climb up to her brother and sister. “And Miss Paigey, I didn’t ever think you would climb a tree.”

“We want the house.” Paige answered as Brax lifted her back from the tree. She ran over to Charlie, with Bella following. Brax looked up to see between the next big lot of branches, about 6 pieces of wood that kind of resembled the remains of an old tree house.

“I see,” Brax nodded his head. “Well I’d say that’s a pretty poor effort for a tree house,” Brax said as he turned to face Charlie. “What do you think mum?”

“Yeah,” Charlie nodded her head. “I think daddy would be able to build one at our house much better.”

“Wow,” Riley yelled from the tree. “You build it daddy?”

Brax glanced at his wife before he shook his head ever so slightly. “Looks like I have to now,” Brax muttered and Charlie cheekily stuck her tongue out at him. “But yeah, you guy want a tree house I can build you one.”

“Wicked.” Jacob grinned as he put his hands down on the branch and pushed himself down so he was swinging from the branch. Brax stepped forward and put his hand out to help Jacob down but before he had the chance to grab him Jacob let go and fell to the ground with a thud.

“Jacob,” Charlie gasped as she ran forward and helped her son to his feet.

“I’m fine,” Jacob giggled as he stood up. “That was fun.”

“Oh my turn.” Riley widened her eyes wanting to use the same way as her brother to get out of the tree.

“Nah I think we’ll leave the monkey in the tree,” Charlie laughed. “What do you think daddy?”

“Mm yeah,” Brax nodded. “Monkey Riley living in a tree. Sounds just about right.”

“I’s not,” Riley shook her head. “I’s not a monkey.” Riley said, exasperated as she glared at her parents.

“Riley a monkey,” Paige giggled. “You is funny mummy.”

“Why thank you,” Charlie smiled down at her daughter who was now playing with the stick as Milo lay patiently, waiting for it to be thrown for him as Bella was trying to get a leaf to balance on top of Milo’s head, much to the amusement of Jacob.

“Riley, daddy will help you down,” Brax said. “You are too little to jump.”

“I’s not,” Riley shook her head. “I bigger than Paige.”

“Uh-uh Riley,” Paige shook her head. “We is same but I is older.” Paige stuck her tongue out.

“No no’s,” Riley shook her head. “I is 3 and you is 3.”

“No,” Paige widened her eyes. “I is 22 olders. So there.”

Brax laughed in amusement at the argument that the girls had most often before looking back to Riley, who had now moved so she was hanging from the branch. He stepped forward and took a hold off her and Riley struggled in his grasp. “Daddy no,” Riley yelled. “I want to jump.”

“You’ll hurt yourself,” Brax said. “I can’t let you jump.”

“Jacob no hurt,” Riley shook her head. “Please. I try?” Riley stuck her bottom lip out. Brax looked up at Charlie as if seeking approval.

Charlie bit her lip unsure. “She’s my baby.” Charlie answered.

“So is that a no?” Brax asked, his grip on his daughter barely there, so she was practically just hanging off the branch.

“Just -” As Charlie spoke Riley went falling towards the ground, her little hands no longer able to hold onto the branch. Just as she came in contract with the ground, Brax took a hold of her, softening the fall. Riley landed on her stomach, banging her chin off the ground. “Riley, are you okay?” Charlie said in a panicky voice.

Riley giggled as she stood up and brushed the dirt from her clothes. “It was fun,” Riley answered. “I’m okay.”

“Don’t do that again, okay?” Charlie lectured as Riley ran off to climb the tree to do it again.

“Yeah, it fun.” Riley said as Brax pulled her back and began walking away from the tree.

“No, jumping from tree’s, Brax said. “Now do you think a tree house will be a good idea? They will probably jump from it.” Brax said and Charlie bit her lip as Bella pulled on her hand.

“Saltando da alberi,” Bella gasped. “Mio Dio.” Bella slapped her forehead dramatically. Charlie and Brax laughed lightly, not having a clue at what the little girl was saying.

“What did she say?” Brax asked.

“I dont speak Italian,” Charlie siad as she shugged her sholders. “Will have to use Google translate when we get home if she keeps this up because she is spending the night.”

“She is?” Brax questioned. “Bianca have a date or something?”

“No,” Charlie shook her head. “Ash is in the city with his grandparents and she was saying that it’s hard work watching them herself all the time so I offered to have Bella for one night so she could get a little bit Bianca time.” Charlie said and Brax nodded.

“That’s fine,” Brax answered. “Hey, little Italy, do you intend on speaking Italian the whole night?” Brax questioed as he looked down to Bella.

“Italy, si.” Bella nodded.

“Well looks like we are going to have some fun then eh,” Brax laughed as he looked back up to Charlie, who was laughing lightly. “Right Paige, give me that stick to throw so you can put that poor pup out of his misery.”

“It not a stick,” Paige shook her head. “It a fairy wand.”

“Ah, right,” Brax nodded as Paige handed it to him. Brax flung it away and Milo ran off after it, excited that the game was back on. “Right kids, you see that bench there by the lake?” Brax questioned and all the kids nodded. “You race out to that yeah?”

“Yeah,” Jacob nodded. “Cos I’ll beat all the girls.”

“Right, ready, steady, go.” Brax shouted and all the little legs began running as fast as they could, making there way over to the bench. Brax smiled as he looked around to Charlie and took her hand in his, before placing a soft kiss on her lips. “I love this. Family time and the kids...I....I just love it.”

“I love it too,” Charlie smiled as they continued to walk hand in hand towards the bench the kids were still running towards. “And I love you, just in case you didnt know that already.”

“I knew,” Brax grinned. “But for the record, I love you too.” Brax said softly and Charlie smiled as Brax once again placed a kiss on her lips, before they continued to walk across to the kids.

Thank you everyone.

Chapter 183

Jacob and Brax were throwing a football around in the garden with Milo running around, while Charlie was in the house, getting some cookies and milk for the girls, who were playing up the stairs in the twins’ room. “Chalie,” Bella’s little voice could be heard as Charlie turned around to see her walking into the kitchen.

“Yes sweetie?” Charlie smiled down at the little girl.

Bella wiped her hand over her eyes. “Perché qui?”

“Bella you’ll need to talk English. Charlie doesn’t know Italian,” Charlie said as she bent down to Bella’s level and rubbed her cheek. “Can you talk English?”

“Why I here?” Bella sighed as she looked down to the kitchen floor.

“Remember mamma told you that you were going to sleep here tonight. Hmm, you get to sleep over with Paige and Riley and have lots of fun with them,” Charlie gently pushed Bella’s face up so she was facing her again. “It’ll be fun, right?”

“Eh...” Bella scratched the side of her head. “We get cookies?”

“Yeah,” Charlie nodded as she reached her hand up to the worktop and took a cookie from the plate. “Here you go.” Charlie smiled lightly as Bella’s eyes lit up as she took the cookie in her hand.

“Hmm,” Bella thought for a moment. “I get bath?” Bella asked. “Still a story?”

“Of course,” Charlie smiled. “You’ll still get a bath and a story.”

Bella smiled. “Mamma say buonanotte and ti amo.” Bella informed Charlie. “Goodnight and I love you.”

Charlie smiled lighty. “When you go to bed?”

“Uh-huh.” Bella nodded as she looked down to the cookie in her hand before taking a bite.

Charlie smiled as she ruffled Bella’s hair. “Well I’m sure I can give the whole Italian thing a bash at bedtime.” Charlie said and Bella smiled.

“Uh Chalie?” Bella said. “Paige draws.”

“Paige is drawing?” Charlie questioned as she picked up the tray of cookies and milk and her and Bella walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

“Yeah,” Bella answered. “On Riley.”

“She’s what?” Charlie asked sounding alarmed as she quicked her pace and walked into the girls’ room to see Paige drawing over Riley’s stomach with a black marker pen.

“Paige Louise you stop that right now,” Charlie shouted as she put the tray down on the floor and ran over, grabbing the pen from her daughters hand. “What are you doing?”

“She wanted me too.” Paige spoke shyly as she bowed her head down.

“Yeah,” Riley nodded. “I get a scribble like daddy.”

Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked down to the black permanent marker that was now in her hand. “Where did you get this marker?” Charlie questioned as she glared down at her daughters.

“In daddy’s drawer.” Paige answered shyly.

“Well firstly you dont go into mummy and daddys room to play, and secondly you dont draw on your sister.” Charlie spoke sternly. She hated shouting at the kids, but in some cases she needed too.

“I want her too,” Riley said. “I have scribbles like daddy.”

“Riley, you dont want to have scribbles like daddy,” Charlie said as she looked down to the little circles that were all over Riley’s stomach. “Do you think that looks nice?” Charlie asked and Riley looked down to her stomach and nodded her head.

“Yeah,” Riley answered. “It good to be like daddy.”

“You no like daddy, mummy? Paige questioned.

“Of course I like daddy. I love your daddy,” Charlie answered. “I just dont like his tattoo’s all that much.”

“Well I like ‘em and now I got mines.” Riley grinned as she hit her stomach.

“You young lady are going straight into the bath until that is scrubbed from you. And you, Paige,” Charlie said as she pointed her finger to her daughter. “No more drawing on people, okay. You draw on paper, thats all.”

“No,” Riley shook her head. “I wont. I wont. They are my scribbles.” Riley jumped down from the bed and ran from the room. Charlie exhaled lightly before rubbing her forehead.

“I’m sorry mummy,” Paige spoke sadly. “Will I go naughty step?”

“No,” Charlie shook her head. “Just don’t you ever do that again, okay?” Paige nodded lightly as she held her hands up and Charlie picked her daughter up and Paige placed a kiss on her cheek. “Right you go sit with Bella and have some cookies and milk.” Charlie said before putting Paige down on the floor and she ran across to where the cookies and milk were, and sat next to Bella who was taking a drink of her milk. Charlie sighed lightly before she left the room in search for Riley.

Ruby and Xaiver were still at the hosptial. Xavier had found Sid and he had told him that he wanted to keep an eye on Ruby and the baby for another couple of hours. He was in the room, checking the baby’s heart rate and once again he saw that they were perfect. “So, Sid, I was just wondering what the chances were that this will correct itself?” Xavier questioned.

“90 percent,” Sid replied, looking up to Xavier. “So it’s fairly likely that it will.”

“So I’m more that likely to be able to deliver naturaly?” Ruby smiled as she ran her hand over he stomach.

“I’d say so yes,” Sid nodded. “Most cases do fix themselves over time, and as yours isn’t complete previa it’s most likely too.”

“So, could it get worse?” Xavier questioned. “Or does it always just improve?”

“It could,” Sid nodded. “But if Ruby listens to the instructions of taking it easy, no heavy lifting, no strenuous exercise or activities then everything should be fine.”

“Good,” Xavier smiled. “She’s got this birth plan in mind and really wants to stick to it.” Xavier gave a little laugh.

“Well thats all very well, but remember that baby doesnt know of this plan and she’ll set what happens and when.” Sid said and Ruby nodded lightly.

“I know,” Ruby nodded. “It was more of just wanting a natural birth, who I’m having in the room with me that kinda stuff,” Ruby said. “I didnt pick out the date I want to have her or anything.”

Sid smiled lightly. “Very well,” Sid said as he looked down to his watch. “Well I’ll be happy to let you go home in around 30 minutes if there is no change with the baby,” Sid said before his beeper went off. He looked down at the screen, before looking back up to Ruby and Xavier. “I need to go just now, but I’ll be back soon to let you go.” Sid said before he left the room.

“God, I feel so pointless sitting here.” Ruby sighed.

“Rubes, it’s not pointless its for the safety of our daughter.” Xavier said as he put his hand onto Ruby’s stomach.

“I know, and obviously I’ll do whatever it takes to keep her safe but just sitting here doing nothing....” Ruby shook her head.

“Keeping Grace safe,” Xaiver smiled. “So really you are working really hard. And you’ll be working extra hard at home for the next week too.”

“Week?” Ruby questioned. “He said nothing about me being on bed rest for a whole week.”

“Rather be safe than sorry right?” Xavier said.

“Xav I am not staying in bed all week,” Ruby shook her head. “He said a few days. I just need to take it easy, that’s all.”

“Hmm we’ll see.” Xavier said before once again rubbing Ruby’s stomach. He was going to make sure that for the rest of this pregnancy, Ruby did as little as possible for the safety of their unborn daughter.

Thank you so much Red Ranger 1, beebee, Zoe, caroline77, pembie, Sarah, --HAA and Spotd1 for the comments. I'm not so sure about this one. :( Hope it's okay...

Chapter 184

Charlie walked outside to find Riley showing Brax her scribbles, a look of sheer amusement on his face. Jacob was standing giggling at his sister, also amused at her. “Riley that’s just silly,” Jacob said. “Really really silly.”

“It not,” Riley was adamant that her scribbles were good. “It like daddy.”

“No no,” Jacob laughed. “It doesn’t look like daddy’s tattoos.”

“Uh-huh Jacob,” Riley pushed her brother. “You is just sad you no have none.”

“I don’t want them,” Jacob shook his head. “We are too young to get them Riley.”

“Riley Mae,” Charlie looked down at her daughter as she joined them in the garden. “You missus need to come with mummy I’m afraid. Bath time is coming early for you.”

“Daddy tell her no,” Riley shook her head as she ran closer to him and grabbed at his hand. “You like ‘em ay?”

“Aww sweetie they aren’t nice on you,” Brax shook his head. “Tattoos aren’t for sweet little girls.”

“I’s not that,” Riley shook her head. “I want them, please daddy?” Riley pouted as she continued to hold his hand.

Brax bent down to his daughter’s level and rubbed her cheek. “You can be very sweet. When you’re not being a batty little monkey,” Brax tickled his daughter tummy resulting in Riley giggling a little. “But this isn’t nice.”

“You no like ‘em?” Riley questioned sadly.

“No,” Brax shook his head. “I think you look much nicer without them,” Brax said before he looked up to Charlie. “And I think mummy feels the same.”

“Oh,” Riley stuck her bottom lip out. “I just want to be like you.”

“You are like me sweetie,” Brax smiled softly. “In every other way you are like me, but you don’t need to have the tattoos too.”

“Daddy is right,” Charlie said as she ran her hand through her daughters pony tail. “You don’t need the tattoos.”

Riley sighed, feeling defeated. “Can I get ‘em when I is older?” Riley questioned as she looked up to Brax and Charlie.

Charlie screwed her face up. “We’ll see.” Charlie answered, hoping that would be enough to satisfy her.

“Okay,” Riley furrowed her eyebrows. “Can I play with daddy and Jacob?”

“No, we need to take this off you.” Charlie answered as she rubbed her daughter’s tummy.

“No,” Riley shook her head. “Later. I play with daddy.”

“It’s still going to be there tonight.” Brax answered as Charlie looked up at him.

“Right okay, you play with daddy and Jacob and we’ll get you sorted tonight.” Charlie said and Riley grinned as she ran over to Jacob and pulled the football from his grasp. Brax laughed lightly as he rubbed his forehead.

“Only Riley eh.” Brax was still laughing as he spoke to Charlie.

“It’s not funny,” Charlie shook her head. “She has marker pen all over her, Brax.”

“I think it’s funny,” Brax laughed. “And it’s sweet. She wants to be just like me.”

“Don’t laugh,” Charlie hit his arm. “You’ll just encourage her.”

“Sorry.” Brax held back more laughter.

“Bring them in in half an hour to get washed up for dinner.” Charlie said before she turned around and walked back into the house.

Ruby and Xavier walked back into the house and into the living room to see Charlie playing at tea party with Bella and Paige. “Hey.” Ruby smiled as they walk over to the couch where Ruby sat down.

“Hi Ruby.” Paige smiled as she jumped up and handed her a little tea cup, before lifting up the tea pot and pouring the ‘tea’ into the cup.

“Mmm that’s some yummy tea.” Ruby smiled down at her sister after pretending to drink.

“Xava too.” Bella grinned as she stood up and ran over to Xavier giving him a little cup and Paige once again pretended to put tea into his cup.

“Lovely,” Xavier grinned down at the girls who giggled before sitting back down on the floor. “You think you should go up to bed, Rubes?” Xavier questioned as he looked at her.

Ruby exhaled lightly as she rubbed her stomach. “I’m sure sitting doing nothing on this couch here is just fine.” Ruby replied.

“Is everything alright?” Charlie questioned as she looked to her eldest daughter.

“Not really,” Xavier answered. “We had a bit of a scare. She spent the afternoon in hospital.”

“What,” Charlie raised her voice. “Why didn’t you call me?”

“I didn’t want to worry you,” Ruby replied. “And me and the baby are both fine so there would have been no point.”

“Well what happened?” Charlie questioned. “You must have had some scare if you went to the hospital?”

“She was bleeding,” Xavier answered. “She’s got placenta previa.”

“Oh wow,” Charlie said. “But you’re going to be okay? And Grace?”

“With bed rest, yeah,” Xavier answered. “Taking it easy, no heavy lifting or exercise.”

“That’s good then.” Charlie breathed a sigh of relief.

“Yeah, so up to bed sweetie,” Xavier said as he rubbed her back. Ruby rolled her eyes as Xavier stood up from the couch. “I’ll get you a drink of water.”

“I don’t want any water,” Ruby shook her head. “Xav just sit back down.”

“No, you need to drink.” Xavier answered as he disappeared from the room and into the kitchen.

“Mum he is going to drive me crazy,” Ruby exhaled as she turned to face her. “I know he just cares but, oh my God, he is going to drive me crazy.”

“Like you said, he just cares,” Charlie rubbed her daughters arm. “Just humour him for a few days, then if he’s still all annoying then I’ll talk to him. And besides you should take it easy. Especially if you’ve been told this by a doctor.”

“I know,” Ruby nodded. “But there’s bed rest and then there is going to be Xavier’s idea of bed rest.”

“Well like I say, just do it for a few days, yeah?” Charlie said and Ruby nodded lightly as Xavier walked into the room with a glass of water for Ruby.

“C’mon, I’ll come up with you.” Xavier said as he took Ruby hand in his and pulled her up from the couch. She exhaled lightly as she followed him out of the room and walked up the stairs.

Everyone was sitting around the dinner table, as Brax handed out the bowls of pasta for everyone’s dinner. “Ooh, mi piace la pasta.” Bella clapped her hands together before picking up her fork and digging in.

Charlie smiled at the girl as she took a drink of her juice. “So, how is the new house coming along now?”

“Good,” Xavier replied. “It’s almost done really,” Xavier said. “Well the kitchen, one of the living rooms, our bedroom and Grace’s room.”

“And of course the bathrooms,” Ruby answered. “They’re pretty important. Especially to an almost 6 months pregnant lady like myself.”

“So, will you be moving in soon?” Brax asked.

“Why, do you want rid of us?” Ruby questioned.

“No, no,” Brax shook his head. “I was just wondering.”

“Yeah,” Xavier answered. “Within the next couple of weeks, I’d expect. As we said the important rooms are done. The rest can be done when we are living there.”

“We’ll miss you,” Charlie said as she twisted some pasta onto her fork.

“Yeah,” Paige nodded. “You should stay with us forever.”

“Yup,” Riley agreed. “And the baby.”

“No,” Jacob shook his head. “They want to go to their house.”

Ruby smiled down at her siblings. “Yeah, but we will still visit all the time, and you guys can come over to ours wherever you want to.”

“Cool,” Riley grinned. “I will come all them times.”

“Ahh not Riley,” Xavier joked. “Anyone but you.”

“Xava,” Riley gasped. “Be nice.”

“Si Xava,” Bella nodded. “Si essere gentile con lei.”

“Eh, little Italy,” Brax looked down to Bella, who had the pasta sauce all around her mouth. “Can we talk English?”

Bella sighed. “You be nice to her.”

“Bella, Xava was just joking,” Jacob said. “He will be nice when she goes around.”

Ruby laughed lightly. “You know I think it’s really funny that they all call you Xava.” Ruby grinned at her husband.

“But Xava him name.” Paige scratched her head, confused.

“Well it’s actually Xavier, sweetie,” Charlie told her daughter.

They kids all sat there with their faces screwed up. “That what we saying.” Riley sighed.

“Yeah, Xava, see.” Bella answered. The adults laughed much to the annoyance of all the kids.

“Oh dad after dinner can we go play football again?” Jacob questioned as he looked up to him.

“Sure thing bud.” Brax answered.

“And can Xava come?” Jacob said. “You’ll play, right?”

“Sure I will.” Xavier nodded before taking a drink.

“And me,” Riley raised her hand in the air. “I play too.”

“No, no,” Charlie shook her head. “You missus are going for a bath. We need to get rid of your homemade scribbles.”

“What’s that?” Ruby questioned, giving a little laugh.

Riley lifted her t-shirt up, showing her sister what Paige had done to her. “Riley,” Ruby gasped. “Why did you draw on yourself?”

“I not,” Riley shook her head. “Paige did it.”

“She wanted me too.” Paige raised her voice, defending her actions.

“Well it doesn’t matter who did it,” Charlie shook her head. “We still need to get it off you.”

Riley frowned. “I knows. I just wanted to be like daddy with my scribbles.”

“Aww that is sweet though.” Ruby laughed.

“Makes her look like a river girl.” Xavier laughed.

“She is not a river girl and never will be. There’s no way I’m letting her get in with a crowd like I used to hang with.” Brax answered.

“I don’t know she is shaping up to be a right little rebel when she’s older.” Ruby grinned.

“Well I’ve had practise with a rebelling teen already.” Charlie said as she gave Ruby a cheeky grin.

“Ahh,” Ruby gasped. “Well I reckon I’ll be like an angel compared to this one. Seriously good luck with her.”

“Hmm, remember there’s also a saying like mother like daughter.” Charlie grinned.

“So are you saying you were a little rebel too?” Brax asked, intrigued as he look to his wife.

“No I’m just thinking about when Grace is all grown up.” Charlie grinned and Ruby got a look of shock on her face.

“Ah no,” Ruby shook her head as she rubbed her stomach. “We’ve already got a deal. She’s going to be a little angel.”

“Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.” Charlie said before she took a drink of her juice, and smiled as she looked down to Riley. She may be crazy and occasionally wild, but Charlie wouldn’t have her any other way.

Thank you Red Ranger 1, Sarah, beebee, Spotd1, pembie and Paige for the comments. :wub:

Chapter 185

Bella and Paige were now out of the bath, and playing in the twins’ room, under the watchful eye of Xavier, while Riley was still being scrubbed at, Charlie trying to get the ink from her stomach. “Ouch, mummy you is hurting me.” Riley wriggled free from Charlie’s grasp, pushing her mother’s hand and the soapy sponge away from her.

“Well I’m sorry baby but you only have yourself to blame. You shouldn’t have drawn on yourself.” Charlie said as she took a told of Riley and started scrubbing at her again.

“I’s not,” Riley shook her head. “It was Paige.”

“Well I’m sure you would have been the brains behind the idea.” Charlie said as she looked at her daughter’s stomach.

“Well at least it’s fading,” Came the voice from behind her. Charlie turned around to see Brax walking into the bathroom. “”How long have you been scrubbing at her for?”

“Well Bella and Paige got out of the bath about 20 minutes ago.” Charlie said as turned the hot tap on, bringing a little more warmth to the cooling bath water.

“You don’t want to scrub at it too hard,” Brax said as he knelt down next to his wife. “She’s almost red raw.”

“I know but we need to get the pen off her,” Charlie said as she turned the tap off. “She could get ink poisoning or anything.”

Brax laughed lightly as he took the sponge from her hand and threw it down in the bath. “I think that’s enough for tonight. It’s faded a lot and it’s getting late. She needs to sleep. And besides it’s only on her stomach, you know it’s not as if it was her face. Her clothes can cover it and it will fade away and soon be gone, and we can have a little scrub at it again tomorrow.” Brax said and Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked up to Riley who rubbing her tired eyes. She reached to the side and took the towel from the heater before lifting her daughter out of the bath and wrapping her up in the warm towel. Brax pulled the plug in the bath, letting the water out before standing up and walking through to the twins’ room with Charlie, who was carrying Riley in her arms.

“It all gone?” Paige asked as she ran over to her parents and sister.

“No,” Brax shook his head. “We’ll go again tomorrow.”

“No, please no,” Riley shook her head as she looked down to her stomach as Charlie continued to dry her. “It better now.” Riley patted her stomach as she spoke.

“Where did Xavier go Paigey?” Charlie questioned.

“He went to check Ruby.” Paige answered as she tucked her still damp hair behind her ears.

“Oh Ruby baby,” Bella smiled as she hit her stomach. “Not mamma jus Ruby.”

“You wouldn’t like it if mamma had another baby?” Brax questioned.

“No Bax,” Bella shook her head. “I her baby.” Bella pointed to herself before she let out a yawn.

“Oh I see,” Brax nodded his head, before looking back to Charlie. “Where is she sleeping?” Brax questioned. “Is she going in a room on her own or will we just bunk her with Paige?”

“I’d say put her with Paige,” Charlie answered as she helped Riley get her pyjamas on. “She’s never been overnight before and might be less scared if she is with the twins.”

“Right girls,” Brax said. “Up into bed.” Brax pulled the covers back on Paige’s bed and Paige jumped into it as Brax laid the covers loosely over her, just as she liked it.

“Where does me go?” Bella questioned as she pulled on Brax’s hand.

“Right here.” Brax smiled as he lifted up the covers at the other end of Paige’s bed and Bella jumped up and sat in the bed.

“I need a pillow.” Bella said as she looked up to Brax, her big brown eyes looking even bigger than usual.

“Paigey can Bella have one of your pillows?” Brax questioned and Paige nodded as she sat up in the bed and handed a pillow to her dad. “Thank you.” Brax smiled as Paige lay back down in the bed. He put the pillow down for Bella and she lay down before immediately putting her thumb into her mouth and curling up into a little ball in the bed.

“Right then, daddy will read you all a story,” Charlie said as she tucked Riley into her bed. “Goodnight baby.” Charlie placed a kiss on her daughter’s forehead.

“Night mummy.” Riley let out a yawn as Charlie walked over to Paige and gave her a kiss goodnight.

“Night sweetie.” Charlie said.

“Nighty mummy.” Paige also let out a yawn.

“And let’s not forget little Bella,” Charlie smiled as she rubbed Bella’s cheek. “Buonoanotte,” Charlie smiled as she placed a kiss on her forehead. “Did I get that right?”

“Si,” Bella nodded her head as she grinned. “Bounoanotte Chalie.”

“Night girls, love you,” Charlie said as she walked out of the room. Charlie smiled as she heard the replies of love you mummy and Bella’s ti amo, before she left the room, leaving her husband to read the girls a story. She walked down the hall and into her son’s bedroom to find him playing on his Nintendo DS. “Hey buddy.” Charlie smiled as she walked over to his bed and sat down beside him.

“Do I need to go for a bath?” Jacob questioned as he looked briefly at his mother before looking back to his game.

“Not tonight no,” Charlie shook her head. “You can play that for half an hour then I’ll be back up to read you a story before bed.”

“Cool.” Jacob smiled.

“How was footie with dad?” Charlie questioned. “I hope you beat him?”

“Of course,” Jacob giggled. “And mum he said we can build the tree house together. Not the twins,” Jacob shook his head. “Just me and dad.”

“Well that’ll be a fun project for you,” Charlie smiled. “But you won’t jump from this one, will you?”

“No,” Jacob shook his head. “But Riley might. She’s so crazy sometimes.”

“Isn’t she just?” Charlie laughed.

“Yeah,” Jacob exhaled lightly. “Mummy do you remember saying when you and daddy married I could be a Braxton?”

“I sure do.” Charlie nodded.

“Well you know you is married now, right?” Jacob asked.

“I do,” Charlie laughed lightly as she rubbed her sons head. “And I promise that you’ll be a Braxton soon.”

Jacob smiled as he heard Charlie’s words. “And my tummy daddy will be okay with that?” Jacob questioned and Charlie nodded lightly as she rubbed her son’s cheek.

“He loved you very much and he would just want you to be happy.” Charlie said.

“Good,” Jacob smiled. “Mummy do you think we could go and visit him again?” Jacob asked, his big blue eyes getting wider as he waited for Charlie’s answer.

“If you want too we can.” Charlie replied.

Jacob nodded his head. “I’d like too. I will draw him a picture to take and tell him all about the wedding. He’d liked to know you is happy too, right?”

“I’m sure he would.” Charlie smiled lightly as she felt herself welling up slightly and hearing Jacob talk about Angelo, his biological dad and a man she once loved more than anything, although Charlie knew how much Brax loved Jacob like his own son, and Jacob loved Brax like his real dad, part of her wished that Angelo was still alive to be a part of his son’s life.

“Did I make you sad?” Jacob asked as he put his hand on Charlie’s cheek.

“No, I’m okay,” Charlie smiled lightly. “Now, I’m going to make a coffee. Would you like a hot chocolate?”

“Yes please,” Jacob’s eyes lit up. “With lots and lots of marshmallows.”

“One hot chocolate with marshmallows coming right up.” Charlie smiled as she stood up from the bed and made her way out of her son’s bedroom to make his hot chocolate.

Charlie was standing in her en-suite bathroom, cleaning her teeth as Brax walked in and pulled off his t-shirt and threw it in the laundry basket before doing the same with his combats and boxers. Charlie spat into the sink, before looking at Brax from the mirror on the wall behind the sink. “Didn’t you just put them clean on this morning?”

“Yeah but they got dirty from playing footie with Jacob.” Brax answered as he walked closer to his wife and wrapped his arms around her, placing a soft kiss on her neck. Charlie spat into the sink once again before putting her toothbrush back into the holder.

“So are you going to go get some clothes on?” Charlie questioned as she turned to face her husband, Brax keeping his arms loosely around her as she turned.

“I have a better idea,” Brax grinned as he pushed the strap of Charlie’s singlet from her shoulder. “How about we get you out of your pyjamas?”

“Mmm,” Charlie shook her head. “I think you need to put something on.”

“I don’t really need to put clothes on to go to bed,” Brax grinned. “And I especially don’t need clothes for what I have planned.” Brax raised his eyebrows before placing a soft kiss on Charlie’s lips.

“Mmm Brax,” Charlie pulled back. “You need to put some boxers on or something.”

“Why?” Brax laughed, slightly bemused. “You’re my wife, you’re allowed to see me naked, and it’s not like you haven’t seen me naked before.”

“I know, but Bella is staying over. What if she wakes up and comes into our room?” Charlie questioned.

“Then it’ll be you getting out of bed?” Brax grinned. “Look, I’ll put some boxers on after we’ve had a little bit of fun time.” Brax said before once again placing a kiss on Charlie’s lips. Charlie smiled into the kiss as Brax pulled her closer to him, their bodies pressed up against each other’s. Charlie ran her hand over his chest before running it down and across his scar, before resting her hand on his back.

Brax pulled back from the kiss and looked down to his wife. “Do you think it makes me look tough?” Brax questioned. “The scar, I mean.”

“I think you can’t read your tattoo properly anymore.” Charlie answered as she looked down at his scar.

Brax laughed lightly. “Maybe I’ll need to get a new one then.”

“No,” Charlie shook her head. “Please don’t.”

“Scared I’ll just encourage Riley to draw on herself again?” Brax laughed.

“No,” Charlie shook her head. “I just think you have enough already.”

“Oh well maybe we should get you a tattoo then,” Brax laughed. “Right here,” Brax said as he pinched Charlie’s bum. Charlie let out a girly squeal as she pushed Brax away from her. He laughed as he wrapped his arms around her, and pulled her close to him again. “Now, where were we?” Brax questioned before he placed a soft kiss on her lips. Charlie responded letting the kiss get more passionate as their tongues crashed together. Brax moaned as the kiss deepened and went to remove Charlie’s singlet from her body, when they heard their bedroom door creak open. Brax exhaled lightly as he rested his head on Charlie’s shoulder. “We need to put a sock on that door handle.”

Charlie laughed. “I don’t think the kids will understand what that means,” Charlie laughed as she pushed Brax further into the bathroom. “I told you too put some clothes on. I knew that would happen tonight.”

“Mummy where is you?” Paige questioned as she walked further into the room. Charlie walked out of the bathroom and closed the door behind her, leaving Brax inside.

“Mummy was just cleaning her teeth,” Charlie answered as she looked down to Paige who was holding Bella’s hand as they walked further into the room. Bella tripping every now and then on Paige’s pyjama bottoms, that were slightly too long for her.

“Vogilo latte.” Bella said in a whisper as she looked up to Charlie.

“Say that in English, sweetie.” Charlie said as she lifted Bella into her arms.

“Latte.” Bella said. “Vogilo latte.”

“Latte,” Charlie repeated. To Charlie, a latte was a milky coffee, but surely a child of two and a half wouldn’t drink coffee. “Milk....it’ll be milk.” Charlie muttered. “You want some milk?”

“Latte caldo.” Bella said as Charlie and Paige made their way out of the room and down the stairs.

“And mamma lets you have milk at night time?” Charlie questioned.

Bella nodded, this time talking English, which surprised Charlie, she expected Italian Bella would be here for a little longer. “Yes. A little.”

“Right,” Charlie nodded as she put Bella down on the worktop, before taking one of the kids’ plastic cups from the cupboard and walking over to the fridge, and took the milk out, pouring Bella a glass. “There you go sweetie.” Charlie said as she walked back over to Bella and handed her the milk.

“Caldo,” Bella pushed the cup away, reverting back to Italian.

Charlie scratched her head. “What do you think she means, Paigey?”

Paige shrugged her shoulders. “I only little. I no no.”

“What does caldo mean?” Charlie asked. “Bella I don’t understand if you don’t talk English.”

Bella sighed as she pointed to the microwave. “Hot, you want it heated up.” Charlie placed the cup in the microwave letting it heat for about 40 seconds, before taking it out and giving it a stir, before giving the cup to Bella. She smiled at it before taking a drink.

“Grazie mille.” Bella said.

“You’re welcome.” Charlie smiled as she lifted her from the worktop and they all walked back up the stairs. She put the girls back into bed, leaving Bella’s cup of milk nearby for her to reach if she wanted. She walked back into her bedroom, to see Brax sitting in bed, waiting on her to return.

“Everything sorted?” Brax questioned and Charlie nodded as she climbed into bed, and cuddled close to Brax.

“I see you still haven’t taken my advice of putting some boxers on?” Charlie questioned.

“No point,” Brax sighed. “They’d be coming right off again.” Brax grinned and Charlie raised her eyebrows before Brax placed a kiss on her lips and pushed her down into the bed.

Thank you everyone. I hope you like this one. :unsure:

Chapter 186

“Mamma.” Bella grinned as she ran across the room and jumped up into her mother’s arms.

Bianca placed a kiss on her daughter’s cheek as she walked over to the couch and took a seat. “Have you been a good girl for Charlie and Brax?”

“Yeah,” Bella nodded. “Real good.”

“Is she telling the truth?” Bianca questioned as she ran her hand through Bella’s ponytail.

“Yeah, she was great,” Charlie answered. “Spoke a little too much Italian for my liking but we managed.”

“Oh Bella what are you like?” Bianca questioned as she looked down at her daughter.

“I like Italy.” Bella sighed.

“I wish I could just knock it out of her now,” Bianca laughed lightly. “More trouble than it’s worth. People never understand her.”

“It’s cute though, so that makes up for not being able to understand her.” Charlie smiled.

“I guess.” Bianca exhaled as she placed another kiss on Bella’s cheek, before she placed her daughter down and she off to the other side of the room, where Paige and Riley were playing.

“So, you look very refreshed,” Charlie said as she looked her friend up and down. “Did you have a nice rest yesterday?”

“Oh my gosh Charlie, you are my saviour,” Bianca smiled appreciatively. “I did a little bit of retail therapy in the afternoon, then got take-away for dinner, face mask and wine in the bath, watched a cheesy movie then went to bed by 9.30. It was bliss. Just the break I needed.”

“That’s good,” Charlie answered. “It can’t be easy when you are on your own with them all the time.”

“No,” Bianca replied quietly. “So, what’s on today for you?”

“Nothing planned,” Charlie shook her head. “Just chilling with the girls.”

“Where are Brax and Jacob?”

“They’ve gone to the shops,” Charlie answered. “They are going to build a tree house so they’re getting wood and nails and I don’t know whatever they need for that. How about you? What’s on for you today?”

“Bella and I are meeting April and Dex for some lunch,” Bianca smiled. “Then Ash is due home around 4.”

“Aw bet you’ve missed him.” Charlie said.

“I have,” Bianca nodded. “It’s so strange though. Like 6 months ago he wasn’t even in my life and now I love him so much. Biologically I’m not tied to him at all, but in here…” Bianca hit her chest, close to her heart. ”I would do anything for that little boy.” Bianca smiled fondly as she thought about Ash.

“Well that’s because now you’re his mother,” Charlie answered. “And you’ve been so great for him. He’s lucky to have you.”

“He’s so sweet and gentle,” Bianca smiled. “I feel so sorry for him. He lost his mother and then he had to get used to being with Liam, because let’s face it; Liam was never much of a father to him. I’d never met Ash once when Liam and I were together and then he gets a call saying Chelsea is dead and the poor kid has to leave what he’s known for so long to be with a father he hardly knew and me, a completed stranger.” Bianca felt herself welling up. Charlie leaned forward and placed a hand on her arm in an act of comfort.

“He adores you, Bianca,” Charlie said softly. “He calls you mum, so you’re obviously doing something right.”

“I just wish Liam was here for him too,” Bianca sniffed back. “The poor kid is going to think no-one loves him.”

“He knows you love him,” Charlie said. “And now he has a little sister in Bella. You 3 are a great little family and that’s all he needs. He is so loved and you are giving him a great life.”

“I know.” Bianca wiped her eyes as Bella ran over to the table and picked up the box of tissues before running over to her mamma.

“No cry mamma,” Bella shook her head. “It okay.” Bella climbed up onto her knee as Bianca took the tissues from her and pulled a few out, and wiped her nose and face. Bianca took a better grip on her daughter and placed a soft kiss on her head.

“I used to think that me and Liam would have a child of our own one day,” Bianca cleared her throat. “You know just after we got engaged. Ash is biologically his, Bella biologically mine, and I thought it would be a nice way to complete our family by having one together, but now that won’t happen.”

“It still could,” Charlie replied. “When he gets back you could find what you once had again.”

“I want too, but I wouldn’t trust him not to relapse anymore. Ash and Bella are my main priority and I’m going to do what’s right for them. And besides, I don’t think this little one would like it if I had another baby, would you?” Bianca questioned as she tickled Bella’s side.

Bella giggled as she answered. “No,” Bella shook her head. “Mamma, me and Ash only,” Bella answered. “And Papà. He come home?” Bella questioned as she looked up to Bianca, her big brown eyes getting wider.

“Not yet sweetheart.” Bianca shook her head.

“I miss him.” Bella said sadly.

“I know,” Bianca said. “Mamma misses him too,” Bianca rubbed her daughters back as she cuddled into her, before looking down to her watch. “Right princess let’s go and meet April and Dex for some lunch,” Bianca said as she put Bella down on the floor before standing up to from the couch. Charlie stood up and walked with her friend to the front door. “What do you say to Charlie?”

“Thank you Chalie.” Bella smiled as she hugged her leg.

“Aww you’re very welcome,” Charlie ran her hand through Bella’s ponytail. “She really was no problem at all so she’s welcome anytime. And Ash too.”

“Thanks,” Bianca smiled as she hugged her friend. “I’ll return the favour sometime. But maybe not all 3 at once.” Bianca gave a small laugh.

“No,” Charlie shook her head. “I don’t think I could do that to anyone,” Charlie laughed. “Anyways have a nice lunch and I’ll see you soon.” Charlie said as she waved as Bianca walked over to her car.

Charlie and Brax were out in the back garden with the children. Paige was jumping on the trampoline, and Riley was playing on the slide, while Brax and Jacob were deciding how to build the tree house. Milo was also outside, running around with an almost deflated soccer ball in his mouth. “Eh...how about we build it like a pirate ship?” Jacob questioned.

“A pirate ship?” Brax questioned. “How we going to do that?”

Jacob scrunched his face up. “Well just like a pirate ship,” Jacob answered. “But in a tree.”

“Gosh daddy even I knew he meant that.” Charlie laughed from the seat.

“You want to come build it?” Brax questioned and Charlie shook her head.

“No, I’ll shut up,” Charlie said as she stood up and walked over to the slide where Riley was playing. But of course in true Riley fashion, she was doing things a little differently by climbing up the slide and walking down the stairs. “Sweetie you do know you are supposed to go up the stairs and down the slide right? Not the way you are doing it?”

“Of course mummy. I’s not stupid,” Riley shook her head at her mother’s silly question. “But this more fun.”

“Of course it is. Silly me.” Charlie said as Paige jumped from the trampoline and ran over to the slide.

“Mummy a bug landed on me,” Paige screwed her face up as looked up at Charlie. “It yucky.”

“I’m sure you’ll be fine,” Charlie said as she played with her daughter’s ponytail. “It would only be a fly or something.”

“It still yucky.” Paige answered.

“No,” Riley shook her head. “I like bugs. Ladybugs best.”

“You a ladybug,” Paige giggled. “Riley a Ladybug.” Paige teased her sister.

“Okay,” Riley said. “I’ll get you and you be a ladybug too.” Riley jumped down from the slide before Paige squealed and ran away from her sister with Riley giggling as she chased her around the garden.

“Hello?” The voice said as they walked out of the backdoor of the house. “Sorry, Ruby let me through. Is she alright, seems I woke her up?”

“She’s just on bed rest at the moment,” Charlie answered and Georgie nodded understandingly. “So, what can we help you with?”

Georgie looked to Brax who was making his way over to her, before looking the kids, before looking back to Charlie. “Can we talk somewhere a little more private?”

Charlie and Brax walked closer to the house, but stayed close enough to keep an eye on the kids. “So, what’s this in aid of?” Brax questioned. “Jett, Heath, who burned down the restaurant?”

“Information on them all, if I am honest,” Georgie answered. “The restaurant first, we caught up with Sam and Brandon and you were right, they’d do anything for your brother.”

“Surprised Sam admitted to it to be honest.” Brax said with a look of surprise on his face.

“Well he didn’t,” Georgie shook her head. “But Brandon soon broke and told us it was them. So, they’ll go to trial for their sentencing next month.”

“How long are they looking at?” Brax questioned.

“For arson?” Charlie questioned. “Anything from 5 years to 20,” Charlie said as she looked to Georgie. “Sorry, you should probably answer that.”

“You answered fine,” Georgie gave Charlie a weak smile. “Since no one died in the blaze, it’ll probably be around 7 years and a hefty fine.”

“Well I would say that’s good, but it’s not going to bring back my restaurant is it?” Brax questioned. “We’ve got to start fresh and lose lots of money in the meantime,” Brax shook his head. “But I guess I owe you thanks for sorting it so quickly.”

Georgie also gave him a weak smile. “And also Jett has admitted to your stabbing,” Georgie said. “He’ll be up for sentencing also next month for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. So he’s looking at around 10 years, and again a fine.” Georgie said before looking from Brax to Charlie.

“Right, well thanks for letting us know.” Brax exhaled as he rubbed the back of his head, not sure how to feel on the length of time that Sam, Brandon and Jett may receive.

“There’s one more thing,” Georgie took a deep breath. “Why I actually came to see you.”

“Have you found Heath?” Charlie questioned.

“Possibly,” Georgie exhaled lightly before pursing her lips together. “Look, there is no easy way to say this, so I’m just going to have to say it. The New Zealand police have found a body in the Otago Harbour matching the description of Heath that we gave them.”

Charlie opened her mouth in shock as she looked to Brax, who took a step back and bowed his head down. “So is it....” Charlie trailed off as Brax spoke.

“Good riddance to him I say,” Brax looked back up to Georgie. “I eh, I told you I don’t care about Heath.”

Georgie once again pursed her lips together. “We obviously have work to do here and the Dunedin Police are keen to put an identity to the man found.”

“So what you telling us for?” Brax questioned. “You don’t expect us to go to New Zealand to identify him, do you?” Brax laughed lightly and Georgie nodded her head.

“Eh, yes,” Georgie answered. “You are his next of kin, Mr Braxton.”

Brax laughed once again. “And you expect me to go after what he did?”

“He’s still your brother, Mr Braxton,” Georgie answered. “So, yes, you need to go to identify him.”

“And are you going to pay for us to get there?” Brax questioned. “Because I don’t want to spend money to get to New Zealand for it not to be him.”

“And if it is him, then you need to bring your brother home,” Georgie answered. “I’ll give you time to think about it, but I really don’t see that you have a choice,” Georgie paused briefly. “I’ll see myself out.” Georgie said before she disappeared through the house.

“Brax -” Charlie started as she stepped forward and put her hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t.” Brax pulled away from Charlie. “I’m going to build a tree house with my son.” Brax said before walking back over to where Jacob was sitting waiting patiently on his father’s return.

Thank you beebee, Freakie42, Red Ranger 1, Spotd1, pembie, Sarah, CharlieAndBraxLover and Paige for the comments.

Chapter 187

“Aunty Apil.” Bella grinned as she ran across the diner to where April and Dex were already sitting and climbed up on the seat opposite her.

“Hey princess, how are you?” April smiled down at her niece.

“Good,” Bella answered. “Hi Dex.” Bella giggled as she looked at Dexter who was pulling a silly face at her.

“Hey Bella,” Dex smiled. “Bianca, how are you today?” Dex questioned as Bianca took a seat at the table next to her daughter.

“Good, how are you two?” Bianca questioned.

“We’re great thanks.” Dex replied.

“How was your dinner last night?” Bianca asked as she pulled the sugar bowl away from Bella as she had immediately started to play with it.

“Good,” April smiled. “I think it was just what we needed.”

“That’s good then,” Bianca smiled. “And your both okay with the news?” Bianca asked as she pointed towards April stomach.

“Yeah,” Dex smiled. “A little Scott-Walker, what’s not to be happy about?” Ever since Dex found out about the baby his thoughts of being with Jade had practically gone. He didn’t want to lose April, and now his child, over something silly that Dex put down to a little crush.

“Uhm, that we live in a one bedroomed apartment, that baby’s equal mess and disorganisation, that this baby will come right when I have the chance to get a great job….” April trailed off. “Need I go on?”

“Well the house thing isn’t a problem right away,” Bianca answered. “The baby can stay in your room for a while so there’s no rush to find a new place,” Bianca said. “As for the mess I’ve already told you, you can still clean when baby is asleep, and if you take it little changes at a time, Dex can also clean the house and it will be clean enough,” Bianca said before April had the chance to put down Dexter’s cleaning abilities.

“Yeah,” Dex agreed with Bianca. “And I will look after the bub if you want to work. Guys can do the whole stay at home thing right?” Dex questioned and Bianca nodded lightly. “And when we feel the time is right we can get a nanny and both of us can work.”

“A nanny?” April gasped. “That’s a new person that could mess up the house.”

Dexter raised his eyebrows. It seemed as April got older, her OCD got worse. “We will find someone you are completely comfortable with who is also a clean neat freak.”

“I’m not a neat freak,” April hit Dex’s chest. “I just like things done properly and a certain way.“

“Right,” Dex exhaled. “Anyways, Bella what do you think about getting a little baby cousin to play with?”

“Baby?” Bella questioned. “Mamma no baby.” Bella shook her head as she pulled a face of confusion.

“No,” April laughed lightly. “Aunty April is having a baby.”

“Oh,” Bella’s eyes widened. “But mamma no baby?” Bella said as she looked to her mother.

“No,” Bianca shook her head. “No more babies for mamma.”

“Ever?” April questioned. “I thought you’d have liked to give Bella a brother or sister?”

“Well I’m sure you are aware that making a baby requires a man to which I do not have in my life,” Bianca sighed sadly. “He’d much rather take drugs, get drunk and wind up in jail.”

“You could always start dating again?” Dex suggested.

“Yeah,” April agreed. “You are my big sis and I want to see you happy.”

“I am happy with Bella. And little Ash, so technically she does have a brother,” Bianca answered. “And who’d want to date a 34-year-old single mother of two anyways?”

“Plenty of people,” Dex replied. “You’re hot.”

“Excuse me?” April gasped as she once again hit Dex’s chest.

“What, I can pay her a compliment can I not?” Dex questioned as he looked to April. “She’s as good as my sister-in-law so obviously I didn’t mean I’d date her. Well I would if I’d never met you and she was 10 years younger. Or I was 10 years older.” Dex pondered.

“Dex,” April said. “Just shut up.” Dex exhaled lightly as he sat back in the chair.

“Well thank you, Dex, but I don’t want to date anyone.” Bianca shook her head before April noticed her running her hand over her bare engagement ring finger.

“Or just someone that’s not here?” April questioned and Bianca exhaled as she moved her hands away from view.

“Right Bella let’s see what we want to order for lunch,” Bianca said as she picked up the menu and looked down to her daughter, avoiding answering April’s question. Dex and April exchanged a glance with one another before Dex shrugged his shoulders and picked up a menu to see what he was going to eat.

“You know that you need to go, right?” Charlie said as she handed Brax the coffee cup. Brax exhaled lightly as he ran his hand over the edge of the garden table and looked up to the kids who were all jumping around on the trampoline. “I can come with you if you want,” Charlie exhaled lightly as she sat down next to him, placing her hand over his, thus stopping him running it over to table edge. “For support.”

“Maybe you can just go then,” Brax spoke quietly. “I don’t care about him anymore, Charlie. I hate what he’s done to me. Fair enough I didn’t visit him when he was in jail, but what he did….it’s much worse.”

“I know,” Charlie said. “But right now, I don’t think that’s important. At the end of the day, he is your little brother and you need to go and see if it’s him and you need to bring him home.”

“Flights aren’t cheap.” Brax shook his head.

“We have to go, Brax.” Charlie said softly.

“What about the kids?” Brax questioned. “We can’t take them to view a dead body and we can’t leave them with Ruby she needs the rest right now.”

“We’ll find someone to watch the kids,” Charlie said. “And if the worst comes to the worst we’ll go out in the morning and fly back the same day so they don’t need to stay over anywhere.”

“What if it is him?” Brax questioned. “Surely we won’t be able to take him on a plane that easily?”

“Then we’ll stay a few days until it’s sorted.” Charlie said. “I know how hard this must be for you and I know how you feel about your brother but you need to be the bigger man and do what needs to be done.”

Brax nodded his head lightly. “And you’ll come with me, right?”

“Of course.” Charlie nodded as she gave Brax’s hand a gentle squeeze. Brax exhaled lightly as he wiped his hand across his eyes, as if pushing back tears that wanted to fall.

“Okay,” Brax cleared his throat as he nodded. “I guess we’re going to New Zealand.”

“Mum.” Ash smiled as he ran into the house and wrapped his arms around Bianca in a hug.

“Hey bud, how was your weekend?” Bianca looked down to Ash, his big brown eyes all wide.

“Good,” Ash answered. “Well on Friday we just got to grandma and grandpa’s house and ate dinner and we watched Shrek and Shrek 2 and then I had to go to bed. But on Saturday we went to the Powerhouse Museum and I got to press buttons and watch things, and do stuff there it was fun.”

“Aww wow, sounds like it, bud, I’m jealous I didn’t get to come.” Bianca smiled down at Ash as he continued to look a wide eyed and excited at telling her about his time with his grandparents.

“We could maybe take Bella one day,” Ash suggested before going back to talking about his weekend. “Then after the museum we had lunch at a really nice restaurant bit then we did some shopping and they bought me a remote control car,” Ash beamed. “It’s blue and just like my car bed,” Ash looked up to his grandpa as he spoke. “Where is it grandpa?”

“It’s in this bag.” James answered as he handed it to Ash and he pulled it open excitedly to show his mother.

“Aww yeah it does look like your bed,” Bianca answered. “I hope you said thank you?”

“Yeah,” Ash nodded. “Then on Saturday night time we went to the movies to see Ice Age 4 then we went out to another restaurant for another meal,” Ash said. “It was so good and I got a big chocolate brownie with chocolate ice cream and chocolate sauce for dessert.”

“Wow, you’ve been spoiled this weekend bud,” Bianca said and Ash nodded. “So what did you do this morning?”

“Eh....” Ash scratched the side of his head as he looked to his grandparents. “She really won’t mind?”

“No she won’t,” Mary - Ash’s grandma - answered. “You can tell her.”

“Well we went to mummy Chelsea’s grave and gave her some flowers and I took a picture for her. Was that bad?” Ash suddenly looked scared as he looked at Bianca.

“Of course not sweetie,” Bianca shook her head as she bent down to his level, and rubbed his arms. “You’re allowed to talk about your mummy whenever you want and you’re allowed to go to the grave, okay. I won’t be upset at all.”

“Promise?” Ash questioned.

“I promise,” Bianca nodded as she pulled Ash in for a hug and kissed his cheek. “I don’t want you to ever forget her okay?”

“Okay,” Ash smiled. “Where is Bella?”

“She’s in her room having a lie down. Aunty April tired her out this afternoon.” Bianca answered.

“Oh I was going to show her my new car,” Ash said. “I’ll show her later just.”

“Yeah,” Bianca nodded. “Why don’t you take your bags up the stairs and then we can play on the Wii for a while before dinner?”

“Yeah,” Ash answered. “Bye grandma and grandpa. Thank you for a good time.” Ash said as he hugged them both goodbye before picking up his bags and running off up the stairs.

“Thank you so much for letting us see him this weekend.” Mary said as she, James and Bianca made their way out of the house.

“It’s no problem,” Bianca answered. “You are his grandparents; I’d never stop you from seeing him.”

James smiled appreciatively. “And you’ve done amazing with him,” James said. “He’s still a quiet little boy, but he always was. Although the way he was with you right now you’d never know.”

“He’s just excited about the great weekend he had with you,” Bianca answered. “So anytime you want to see him just give me a call.”

“Yes, we’ll been in touch soon.” James smiled before he and his wife walked back over to his car, to drive back to the city. Bianca exhaled lightly as she walked into the house to see Ash was back down the stairs, getting the Wii set up.

“Right bud, what game do you want me to beat you at?” Bianca questioned as she walked over to join him.

“The bowling one,” Ash answered. “But I will beat you.”

“I don’t think so,” Bianca said. “You are going down.” Bianca teased before she tickled Ash’s sides, resulting in him dropping the controller to the floor.

“No mummy,” Ash giggled. “Stop, please stop.”

“What? But I haven’t got to tickle you all weekend,” Bianca said as she continued to tickle him. “So you need to let me.”

“No...mum...please...” Ash said between the giggles. Bianca laughed lightly as she stopped tickling him and he turned to face her. “I missed you,” Ash said. “But not the tickling.”

“Aww,” Bianca laughed lightly. “I missed you too bud.”

“Is it going to stay like this forever?” Ash questioned as he curled her hair around his hand.

“Like what sweetie?” Bianca asked.

“Just me, you and Bella,” Ash answered. “I like it like this. No one else.” Ash said as he shook his head.

Bianca exhaled lightly as she thought about the question. She knew she shouldn’t promise him it wouldn’t change, because she didn’t know what would happen in the future with Liam or with anyone else for that matter, but looking down at his little face, she was finding it hard not to. “It’ll be just me, you and Bella,” Bianca smiled lightly. “Mummy likes it like this right now too.”

Ash smiled before placing a kiss on her cheek. “Love you mummy.”

“Love you too bud.” Bianca smiled as she pulled the boy into a hug.

Thanks everyone for the comments. Hope you like this one... :unsure:

Chapter 188

Charlie and Brax were sitting in the corridor, waiting until Brax was ready to go into the room to see if indeed it was Heath. They’d managed to get a flight out the next morning, leaving the twins with Leah and Jacob would be going to Bianca’s after school, and spending at least one night there. “I remember when I was 12 and he was 9,” Brax gave a little smile. “Mum was due to give birth to Casey at any minute and I told him that he’d have to move out because there wasn’t room for him with the new baby coming,” Brax gave a little laugh. “I said I was the oldest so I got to stay and Casey would obviously just be a baby so he’d get to stay too.”

“The unwanted middle child.” Charlie said softly.

“Yeah,” Brax answered. “That’s what I said he was,” Brax exhaled. “But he went crying to mum and I got a beating. Truth was he was mum’s golden boy,” Brax sighed. “So really me bugging him only resulted in me getting a slap around the ear or worse from mum.”

“Bet it didn’t stop you from bugging him though,” Charlie said. “That’s what big brothers do right? Annoying the younger ones?”

“Yeah,” Brax answered. “I don’t know, maybe him doing what he did was his way of getting me back for the years I tormented him as a kid.”

“You must have got close at one point,” Charlie said. “Back when you guys all rocked up in the bay you were as close as anything.”

“Yeah I guess,” Brax answered. “Think that was when he was about 16, 17 and I let him do his first drug sale,” Brax answered truthfully. “He owned it like he’d done it a hundred times before. Guess that’s when I stopped seeing him as my little brother. He’d grown up and....” Brax trailed off as Charlie heard his voice breaking. She gently placed her hand on his arm and rubbed it. “He’d have done anything for me back then....what went so wrong?”

“You met me and changed,” Charlie pursed her lips together. “For the better, might I add, but I guess Heath wanted to keep you loyal to the boys and when you wouldn’t....” Charlie trailed off. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s not your fault,” Brax answered. “The boys....I had to grow up from that and Heath did too, he just...” Brax shook his head. “I just need to go in there and...I know I said I hate him and I don’t care about him anymore, but I don’t want it to be him.”

“I know,” Charlie said softly. “I don’t want it to be him either. I couldn’t wish anyone dead.”

Brax took a deep breath before he stood up and looked down to Charlie and held his hand out. Charlie took his hand in hers and stood up and walked with him down the hall, and over to the door. Brax took a second deep breath before putting his hand on the door handle and pushing it down, before letting go and turning to face Charlie. “I can’t Charlie,” Brax’s eyes teared up. “It’s my brother, I eh....I can’t.”

Charlie exhaled as she looked into his eyes. She couldn’t remember the last time that she saw him looking so scared. “It’s okay,” Charlie spoke softly as she rubbed his cheek. “I’ll go without you.”

“What kind of man I am asking you to go in there alone?” Brax questioned.

“I’ve done this before,” Charlie answered. “Seen dead bodies, I mean. I’ve not had to identify a family member but when I was a police officer I saw some dead bodies.”

“Still doesn’t make it easy though, does it?” Brax questioned as he played nervously with his wedding band.

“No, but if this makes it easier for you then I’m going to do it,” Charlie said as she once again rubbed his cheek. Brax smiled thankfully before Charlie took a deep breath this time, and walked into the room. She walked straight over to where the body was lying and looked down, covering her mouth with her hand as she felt herself gag slightly at seeing the dead body. She shook her head lightly before she felt her eyes welling up with tears. She started to walk backwards, before stopping as she hit the wall, and turned around and rushed out of the door and into the arms of Brax, who was standing there waiting for her. “It’s not...” Charlie shook her head before burying it against his chest. “It’s not Heath.”

Bianca was standing that the school gates, waiting on Ash and Jacob to finish. “Mamma we go for chocoiate milk?” Bella asked.

“Oh maybe,” Bianca answered. “Do you think you’ve been good enough today?”

“Yes mamma,” Bella nodded. “I not bite today.”

“No you haven’t,” Bianca laughed lightly. “Well we’ll see what Ash and Jacob say yea?”

“They yes,” Bella nodded. “They like chocoiate milk too.”

“Yes I’m sure they will,” Bianca answered as Ash and Jacob came running out of the school gates. “Hey boys, how was school today?” Bianca asked as Ash hugged her.

“Good,” Ash answered. “Mummy, Jacob’s tooth fell out today.” Ash gave a little giggle as he pointed to his friend’s mouth.

“Ah did it?” Bianca questioned and Jacob nodded as he showed Bianca the missing space at the front of his mouth on his top set of teeth.

“I bit my apple at lunch and it came out.” Jacob answered.

“What did you do with it?” Bianca asked.

“It’s in my lunch box wrapped in some toilet paper,” Jacob giggled. “My teacher told me to put it under my pillow tonight because the tooth fairy will come,” Jacob eyes widened in excitement. “Will she really?”

“Yeah,” Bianca answered. “The tooth fairy always comes when you lose a tooth.”

“It my first missing one,” Jacob said. “It feels funny.” Jacob put his tongue in the gap before he giggled.

“Ah well the tooth fairy is always generous when it’s the first tooth,” Bianca smiled. “You’ll have to put it under your pillow tonight.”

“Yeah,” Jacob grinned. “But Bee-Bee will the tooth fairy know where to find me because I won’t be at my normal house.”

“Oh yeah,” Bianca nodded. “She is very clever, she’ll find you alright.”

“Cool,” Jacob grinned as they walked along the sidewalk. “And I get good moneys for it?”

“Yeah, Jacob I got $5 when I lost my first tooth but only then $3 for my second.”

“Well I think $3 is still a very good price for a tooth,” Bianca said. “You do have a lot of them too lose so $3 a tooth is a decent amount over time.” Bianca answered.

“Hmmm I think $5 a tooth is better.” Ash answered.

“Right boys,” Bianca said, deciding to change the subject. “What do you say to going to the diner for some chocolate milk?” Bianca asked.

“Yeah,” Ash smiled. “I’d like that.”

“Yey.” Bella danced around in circles as they continued to walk along the road.

“What do you think Jacob?” Bianca questioned.

“Uhm...not chocolate milk,” Jacob shook his head. “Could I get a banana milkshake instead?”

“Of course you can,” Bianca smiled. “You can have anything you want.” Bianca said as they continued to walk along the road towards the diner.

Thanks everyone. :wub: Hope this one is okay....

Chapter 189

Brax thanked the lady on the phone before hanging up and placing his phone down on the table. “I booked us on the flight out tomorrow at 10am,” Brax said as he wiped his hand across the table. “We could have got a flight out tonight but we’d need to go to Auckland first, and then fly to Melbourne, then find our way to Sydney for the car so I thought it would have been easier just to wait till tomorrow.”

“Yeah,” Charlie nodded. “Sounds like the best plan. And Bianca and Leah already think the kids are staying over anyways. I don’t think they’d expect us to get home right away.”

“Nah,” Brax answered. “So, we get to spend the whole day alone together.” Brax smiled.

“Alone together?” Charlie scrunched her face up.

“Without the kids, I mean,” Brax answered. “So, what we going to do?”

“I always wanted to see this movie,” Charlie grinned. “Maybe we could go to the movies and see it?” Charlie smiled hopefully.

“Hmm and what movie is this?” Brax questioned, knowing it would most likely be a chick flick.

“The five year engagement.” Charlie answered.

“No, Charlie.” Brax shook his head and Charlie pouted.

“Please?” Charlie said. “You’d be the best husband ever,” Charlie said before she noticed he was about to pull a face of a look of offence. “Not that you’re not already,” Charlie added. “You’d just be extra great.” Charlie once again pouted as she put her hands together like she was praying.

“Well we’ll see what time it’s playing after we’ve ate lunch.” Brax answered before taking a drink of his water.

“I’ve checked already,” Charlie gave a cheeky grin. “We can go at 2.30, 5, 6.15, 8.25 or 9.20.”

Brax exhaled lightly as he looked down at his watch. “We’ll make the 2.30,” Brax sighed. “But after the movie we do something I want.” Brax told her.

“Well I was going to suggest we go shopping and you buy me some nice clothes, but I guess that sounds fair.” Charlie grinned just as the waitress came over with their food.

Brax laughed lightly as he put a couple of chips into his mouth. “Could buy the kids a little present though.” Brax suggested.

“What so you’ll spoil the kids but not your wife?” “Charlie questioned.

“Well when you put it like that,” Brax laughed once again. “But no, we’re not going to spend the rest of the afternoon shopping,” Brax said. “Although maybe we could buy a tent,” Brax said as he looked up to Charlie, his burger in his hands, ready for him to take his first bite. “Go camping for the weekend.” Charlie swallowed her mouthful of salad before pulling a perplexed face.

“If you think I’d want to go camping then you don’t know me at all.” Charlie replied before taking a drink of her water.

Brax gave a little laugh. “Jacob mentioned he thought camping might be fun to do one day.”

“Well you could take him camping,” Charlie said. “Continue with the whole male bonding thing after you build the tree house. I’ll stay home with the girls and keep our nice big comfy bed warm.”

“Well I think Riley would like the camping thing too,” Brax said. “I think we should try it as a family.”

“Maybe you and the kids could just camp out in the tree house when you get it built.” Charlie said, screwing her face up at the idea of camping.

“I’m not so confident about making a tree house strong enough to hold me up,” Brax laughed. “Maybe I’ll get some professionals in.”

“Professionals?” Charlie questioned. “You can get professional tree house makers?”

“Yeah,” Brax answered. “I’d say so. Maybe tree houses aren’t all they’d build but I’m sure we’ll can get someone in who can do a far better job than me.”

“Right, well it’s up to you,” Charlie replied. “Tree house building definitely isn’t my thing so whatever you think is best.”

“I’ll call someone when we get home,” Brax said before taking a bite of his burger. “But I still think you should think about this camping idea.”

“Sure, I’ll think about it.” Charlie exhaled before taking another bite of her salad.

Leah put the plates down in front of the girls before walking back to the kitchen and bringing through her and VJ’s plate, and taking a seat at the table. She watched the girls and they whispered something to each other. “Everything alright girls?”

“I no like it,” Riley shook her head. “The green stuff.”

“You don’t like broccoli?” Leah questioned and Riley shook her head as she screwed her face up as she looked at it on her plate.

“Mummy says I can leave it.” Riley answered as she stuck her fork into her fish finger, already cut up by Leah, so it was easier for the girls to eat.

“No no,” Paige shook her head. “We no like it but they make us eat it.”

“Paige,” Riley gasped. “No say that.”

“Yeah Riley,” Paige replied. “We have to eat it to be big an strong, ay VJ?”

“Uhm...yeah,” VJ answered before taking a drink of his soda. “Sure, to be big and strong.”

“You eat yours?” Riley questioned as she pointed to the broccoli on his plate.

“Eh....” VJ screwed his face up. “I’m already big and strong so I don’t need to eat it,” He exhaled lightly as he saw the look Leah was giving him. “But you can never be strong enough.” VJ said and he reluctantly put a piece of the broccoli in his mouth. Paige did the same, but Riley shook her head as she took a bite of her fish fingers instead.

“VJ is you in big school?” Paige questioned as she looked up to him.

“Yeah,” VJ answered. “I’m in Year 11.”

“Wow that is big,” Paige answered. “We no’s even in school yet.”

“I wish I wasn’t in school,” VJ said as he looked down to Paige. “I bet you have fun playing all day.”

“We do,” Riley nodded. “But we will go soon.”

“Yeah to Kindygardens.” Paige said. “But Bella not be with us.” Paige said sadly.

“No,” Leah answered. “Bella will be a year after you.”

“Will we be in Jacob’s class after kindy?” Riley questioned. “He in Year 1 I think.”

“You’ll go into Year 1 but Jacob will also move class so he’ll be in Year 3.” Leah answered.

“Oh.” Riley and Paige nodded.

“VJ, well eh after dinner can you play?” Paige asked as she smiled up at him.

“Ah I can’t,” VJ shook his head. “I’ve got homework I need to do.”

“Please?” Paige pouted. “You can hold my baby doll.”

“No way,” VJ shook his head as Leah laughed lightly. “I can’t Paige, like I said I need to do my homework.”

Paige exhaled sadly as she took a bite of her fish finger. “Just like you to play is all.”

Riley giggled. “VJ is your boyfriend.”

“Is not,” Paige said. “He just nice is all.”

“Is too,” Riley giggled as she poked Paige’s arm. “Paige and VJ.”

“No Riley,” Paige shouted. “You stop that.”

VJ rolled his eyes as the girls started bugging each other. “I’m going to finish this in my room,” VJ said as he picked up his plate and glass of juice. “Oh, and mum, I am so glad you didn’t give me a sibling.” VJ said before he disappeared out of the room.

Leah laughed lightly at her son before looking back to the girls. “Right girls,” Leah raised her voice causing the girls to look around at her all wide eyed. “Dinner time is quiet time,” Leah said. “Now, finish your dinner and you’ll get some dessert.”

“What is it?” Riley questioned.

“Ice cream and jelly.” Leah answered.

“Oh...what kind of jelly?” Paige questioned.

“Raspberry,” Leah answered. “But you only get it if you eat up all your vegetables.”

“I’ll eat carrots,” Riley said as she shoved a few of her carrots into her mouth. “No broccoli.”

“Yes, Riley,” Leah said. “Mummy and daddy left instructions that you must eat all your veg or no dessert.”

“They not here,” Riley answered. “They not know.”

“C’mon,” Leah laughed lightly. “Finish up your dinner and you can have dessert then we’ll play something fun together before bath time.”

“Okay.” The girls answered before digging into their dinner.

Brax tossed and turned once again in the bed, before sighing as he opened his eyes. He turned around, expecting to see Charlie sleeping, but found her side of the bed empty. He yawned as he reached out to the bedside table and put the sidelight on, before looking over to the corner of the room, where the table and chairs were, where he saw Charlie sitting. “Sorry, did all my tossing and turning wake you?” Brax asked as he walked over to Charlie.

“No,” Charlie shook her head. “I couldn’t sleep either. Every time I close my eyes I see him,” Charlie pursed her lips together as she looked up at Brax. “We were so glad when it wasn’t Heath, but....he was someone’s son,” Charlie choked back. “He could have been a husband and a father. Maybe today some poor woman had to tell her kids that daddy wasn’t ever coming home.”

“Charlie,” Brax exhaled as he knelt down before her and rubbed her arms in comfort. “It’s okay.” Brax moved his hand up to her face and wiped the tear that was rolling down her cheek.

“I know, I just,” Charlie sniffed back. “I...”

“You’re emotional, I know,” Brax said. “It must have been tough seeing that body. I’m sorry for making you go in alone.”

“Would have been worse if you did go in and it was your brother though,” Charlie said. “So you don’t need to be sorry.”

Brax smiled lightly at his wife before he rubbed her cheek. “You know, I think he’s out there somewhere, having a great time with Ruby’s money, no care in the world about what he did or what he’s doing to me.”

“You’re probably right,” Charlie agreed. “He’ll be long gone now.”

“Yeah,” Brax exhaled. “You alright? You want to talk about having to view the body?” Brax questioned.

“I just keep thinking.....not even two weeks ago you were lying in that hospital almost...” Charlie trailed off. “I don’t ever want to have to go through losing you.” Charlie said as she felt tears stinging her eyes.

“That’s good because I don’t plan on going anywhere for a long time,” Brax answered. “50 years from now we’ll be sitting on the bench on our porch all grey and wrinkled. The kids will visit us, grandkids, maybe even great grandkids by then,” Brax smiled lightly. “We’d have been together for so long that you will be sick of me.” Brax laughed lightly.

“Never,” Charlie shook her head. “Sometimes you can do things that annoy the crap outta me, but I love you so much and don’t want to be without you.”

“Good,” Brax smiled. “Because I don’t want to be without you either,” Brax leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on Charlie’s forehead. “Now, how about we go back to bed?” Brax questioned and Charlie nodded as she took Brax’s hands, and he stood up and pulled her too her feet.

“Can I get a hug first?” Charlie questioned and Brax nodded as he opened his arms out to her and she fell into them, wrapping her arms around him tightly. Brax rubbed her back as he placed a soft kiss on her head. “Love you.” Charlie mumbled.

“Love you too.” Brax replied as he held her in the embrace.

Thank you everyone. :wub: Don't like this one much, but hopefully you think it's okay.

Chapter 190

Charlie, Brax and the girls walked into Bianca’s house. “Hey Charlie,” Bianca gave her friend a hug. “How was New Zealand?”

“It was nice,” Charlie answered. “I wish we had longer there.”

“Well we can maybe go back again with the kids and for a better reason.” Brax said as he took a seat on the chair.

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled lightly.

“Can I get you a coffee?” Bianca asked.

“Nah, we just had one at Leah’s,” Charlie answered. “Well just get Jacob from you and let you have a little peace.”

“Ah with Bella and Ash around I won’t get peace, especially from Bella.” Bianca said as she and Charlie both sat down on the couch.

“Bee-Bee look.” Paige grinned as she showed Bianca the new baby doll that Charlie and Brax had bought her. It was a little boy doll, who had little jeans on and a white t-shirt with a boat on it.

“Ah Paigey have mummy and daddy been spoiling you?” Bianca questioned.

Paige nodded her head. “Him name is VJ.” Paige grinned.

“Oh,” Bianca raised her eyebrows as she looked to Charlie and Brax, Charlie biting her lip as to not laugh. “Like VJ Patterson?”

“Uh-huh,” Paige nodded. “I like VJ.”

“Veej was over the moon when he found out the baby doll was named after him,” Brax laughed. “Just what a 17-year-old boy wants to here.”

“I bet,” Bianca laughed as she ruffled Paige’s hair. “Well it’s very nice. You are very lucky.”

“Yeah yeah,” Riley sighed. “Look what I got.”

“Oh wow, a ladybug,” Bianca gasped as she looked to the ladybug teddy that Riley was holding. “And does she have a name?”

Riley furrowed her eyebrows as she shook her head at Bianca. “Just Ladybug. Lady for shorter.”

“I see,” Bianca smiled. “Well why don’t you go off up the stairs into Ash’s room and get your brother.” Bianca said and Riley ran off up the stairs, doing as she was told.

“Wait for me Riley.” Paige shouted as she ran off up the stairs after her sister.

“So, it wasn’t Heath, that’s good right?” Bianca questioned.

Brax nodded slightly. “Least we know he isn’t dead,” Brax answered. “Well actually we don’t know that for sure, do we.” Brax looked to his wife as he spoke.

“We don’t need to think like that,” Charlie answered. “Chances are he is out there somewhere, not wanting to be found.”

“Yeah, he’ll be off having the time of his life in some foreign land.” Bianca added.

Brax exhaled as he played with his wedding band. “Yeah well he can stay wherever he is,” Brax said as the kids came running down the stairs. “Hey, buddy how are you?”

“I lost my tooth,” Jacob replied as he ran over and stood in front of the chair. “Look.” Jacob grinned, showing his teeth.

“Wow, it finally fell out huh?” Brax questioned and Jacob nodded before looking to his mother.

“Aww you’re first tooth is gone.” Charlie said as he rubbed his cheek.

“Yup,” Jacob nodded. “The tooth fairy brought me $5.”

“Wow what a generous tooth fairy.” Charlie smiled as she looked around to Bianca.

“Yup,” Jacob nodded. “I’m going to spend it all on lollies.”

“Spend it all on lollies then you will lose all your teeth,” Brax laughed as he stood up from the chair. Charlie stood up after him. “Out to the car kiddies.” Brax said.

“Mum how come Paige and Riley got new things and I didn’t?” Jacob questioned sadly.

“You have something too,” Charlie answered. “It’s in the car,” Charlie told her son and Jacob smiled. “Now what do you say to Bianca?”

“Thanks Bee-Bee.” Jacob smiled. “I had a fun time.”

“You’re welcome.” Bianca smiled as the kids ran out of the house to the car.

Brax reached into his wallet and went to hand Bianca the $5 as Charlie picked up Jacob’s school bag and overnight bag. “Oh don’t be silly,” Bianca shook her head as she refused the $5. “I’m sure I can give him $5. You’ve got my kid’s stuff before and well yeah, it’s fine.”

“$5 dollars eh,” Brax said. “I hope he isn’t going to expect that for every tooth now.” Brax spoke as they made their way over to the door.

“Ash told him after his first tooth the money went down.” Bianca laughed.

“Good,” Charlie answered. “So, thanks again for last night.” Charlie gave her friend another hug, before she and Brax left to go home with their kids.

Ruby ran her hand over the little yellow and white dress that Charlie and Brax had bought for Grace, and Xavier was looking at the baby bath and bouncy chair. “These are great,” Xavier grinned. “Thank you so much.”

“You’re welcome,” Brax answered. “Little Grace is going to be so spoiled.” Brax cooed as he spoke down to Ruby’s stomach.

Ruby exchanged a glance with Charlie, who pursed her lips together. “Well she is going to be our first grandchild,” Charlie answered. “So a little spoiling is allowed.”

“Yes,” Brax answered. “And she’ll have a little friend to play with who’s only a few months younger too.” Brax said as he smiled up at Charlie.

“What?” Charlie questioned. “Brax I hope you don’t think -”

“April and Dex’s baby,” Brax interrupted. “I know your feelings on another child,” Brax muttered as he picked up the dress from the floor and laid it out over his chest. “What do you think Paige? Does it suit daddy?”

“It for a baby,” Paige giggled. “Not fit daddy.”

“Ruby baby here yet?” Riley questioned.

“No, she still has a fat tummy,” Jacob answered. “It’s not out yet.”

“It takes ages,” Riley sighed. “I want to see him.”

“Ruby feels the same.” Ruby laughed lightly at her sisters growing impatience.

“You make him come now?” Riley questioned as she gently patted her stomach. “Come see us now.” Riley said before resting her head against her sisters stomach.

“Aww, we don’t want her to come now,” Charlie said. “It’s too early.”

“Oh so she not be well?” Jacob questioned.

“Nope, so we need to wait till November before she can come.” Brax answered. “A nice to baby here for Christmas.”

“Cool,” Paige grinned. “The baby from Santa?”

“Not quiet.” Xavier laughed.

“The baby stay here too?” Riley questioned. “Some them times?”

“Sure she can,” Ruby smiled. “When me and Xavier need a break we’ll give her to you to look after Riley.”

“Yeah,” Riley grinned. “I be good with ‘im.”

“You’re very excited about this baby, Riley.” Charlie said as she ran her hand through her daughter’s hair. If anything she’d have expected Paige to be the excited one.

“Well you not give me one,” Riley sighed. “So this one mines.”

“I see.” Charlie replied and Riley crawled across the floor and put her hand onto Charlie’s stomach.

“You no put one in?” Riley questioned. “Please?” Riley grinned sweetly up at her mother. She sure would be on Brax’s side in this whole baby debate. Although Charlie and Brax said in Hawaii that they would leave the baby conversation for a few months, she knew they’d have to talk about it soon, especially with Brax getting more excited over Ruby’s baby’s arrival.

“Sweetie, mummy can’t have any more children.” Charlie said.

“Why?” Riley questioned as she continued to rub Charlie’s tummy.

“After you and your sister were born mummy was sick, so she had to get a special operation so it means that she can’t have any more babies.” Charlie said.

“Oh, is you sad?” Riley questioned.

“Yeah, but I have 4 amazing babies already so I don’t want to have anymore.” Charlie said before looking up to Brax.

He exhaled sadly before standing to his feet. “Right, who’s coming with daddy to take Milo out for a walk?”

“I will,” Jacob stood to his feet. “I’ll get his ball.” Jacob said as she disappeared to the kitchen.

“Paige, Riley, Xav?” Brax questioned.

“Yeah,” Riley answered. “I go on bike?” Riley questioned as she looked up to Brax.

“If you want,” Brax nodded his head. “You coming Charlie?”

“No,” Paige shook her head. “She stay with me.”

“Yeah I’ll just stay with Ruby,” Xavier answered as he looked up to Brax. “Just in case she needs me.”

“Xav,” Ruby sighed. “I’ve been fine. If you want to walk you can go and besides mum will be here.”

“Are you sure?” Xavier questioned and Ruby nodded as he stood up. “Okay, I’ll come.” Xavier smiled as he placed a kiss on Ruby’s forehead before going to walk Milo with Brax, Jacob and Riley.

Archived