Forever Yours

Guest Danni02

Thanks everyone. :wub: Don't think much of this one, but hopefully it's okay.

Chapter 201

Just as Bianca ran down the corridor of the maternity ward, she saw Dex walking out the room. “Dex,” Bianca shouted as she ran up to him, placing her hands on his arms. “How’s April doing?”

“She did great,” Dexter smiled. “We have a daughter.” Dex looked like he was about to cry with pure joy.

“Awww,” Bianca put her hand on her chest. “It must have been a quick labour then, I didn’t even have time to get here for her.”

“Oh I paid the price for that,” Dex said as he rubbed his hand. “Feels like she’s broken it she squeezed it so hard.”

Bianca gave a little laugh. “Well she was delivering your daughter,” Bianca answered. “So whatever pain she inflicted on you, she’d be feeling it much worse.”

“So she kept telling me,” Dex exhaled. “Anyways, come and meet your lovely niece.” Bianca did a little jump in excitement before walking into the room behind Dex, and looked down at the little baby who was wrapped up in a little pink blanket, snuggling close to her mother.

“Aww April,” Bianca choked back tears. “She’s gorgeous.”

“Isn’t she,” April smiled at her daughter. She had big brown eyes that you were drawn too, much like Bella’s, and a full head of jet black hair. “She’s was worth the wait for sure,” April looked up to Bianca. “Thanks for getting here right away.”

“That’s okay,” Bianca smiled as she rubbed her sisters shoulder. “I just wish I didn’t miss it.”

“It’s okay,” April smiled. “You’re here now,” April looked down at her daughter who gave a big yawn as she scrunched her eyes shut. “You want to hold her?” April questioned.

“I’d love too,” Bianca smiled as she took a seat on the chair, and April passed the baby down to her. “Does she have a name yet?”

“Hollie,” Dexter smiled. “7lbs 9oz.”

“Well Hollie,” Bianca smiled. “That’s a very pretty name for a pretty little girl, yeah,” Bianca cooed. “Hmm, wait till you meet your cousins. Ash and Bella. Ash is very sweet and caring and Bella, well, I’ll let you decide when you meet her,” Bianca gave a little laugh. “And then there’s Jacob, Paige, Riley and Noah. All you kiddies are going to have lots of fun together.”

“Got quite a bunch between us, haven’t we?” Dex laughed as he looked down to his daughter and lightly rubbed her forehead.

“We sure do,” Bianca answered as she looked up to her sister, who was rubbing her tired eyes and yawning. “You want me to leave you to sleep?” Bianca questioned.

April shook her head. “No, I want you to stay,” April answered. “You and Dex can look after Hollie while I get a little sleep.” April yawned once again before turning to face the other way.

“She’s gorgeous isn’t she?” Dexter grinned proudly. “I can’t believe I made her.”

“Well you did a good job,” Bianca smiled. “I think she has your nose, and maybe your chin too.”

“April said that too,” Dex laughed. “When I look at her I see April. She’s gorgeous so she’d bound to take after her mother.” Dex smiled.

“She’s a perfect mix of you both.” Bianca smiled as she smile down at her niece, before placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

Bianca walked back into the house to find Liam fast asleep on the couch will Bella lying on top of him, Liam’s hand laying on Bella’s back protectively. She smiled lightly as she crouched down before him and lightly shook his shoulder. “Liam,” Bianca spoke softly, so she only woke Liam and not her daughter. “Liam.” Bianca said once again.

Liam groaned as his eyes flickered opened. “Hey,” Liam said sleepily as he sat up on the couch, keeping a hold of a sleeping Bella as he did so. “How’s April? Did she have the baby?”

“Yeah,” Bianca nodded. “She’s doing great and so is the little one. She had a girl.”

“Ah that’s nice,” Liam lay Bella down on the couch as he stood up. “She eh...she woke up and got all upset because mamma wasn’t here, I must have dosed off as I was settling her.”

“That’s okay,” Bianca gave a half smile. “I guess Ash was no problem?”

“No, he’s still sound asleep.” Liam answered.

“Right, well I should probably get her back up to her bed.” Bianca said softly.

“I can take her if you want?” Liam questioned as he rubbed the back of his head. “We could maybe watch a movie after?”

“Eh, no, I think you’ve been here long enough,” Bianca said. “But thank you for tonight and I’ll see you soon.”

“So, we aren’t even going to discuss before?” Liam questioned as Bianca made her way back over to the door.

“Look, the kiss was nice, but we both know that sleeping together would probably have been a bad idea,” Bianca spoke tentatively. “And I’m not saying that I don’t ever want to sleep with you again, because....I do love you Liam and I’d like us to try again, but.....” Bianca trailed off. “We need to take it slow, not just for the sake of the kids, but for us too.”

Liam smiled before he nodded his head. “Sure, you’re eh, you’re probably right. Slow. We can do slow,” Liam exhaled. “And I love you too, by the way.”

Bianca felt herself getting hotter, thinking she must have been blushing. “We’ll maybe soon we could have a date,” Bianca said. “If you’d like that.”

“I would,” Liam smiled before leaning forward and placing a soft kiss on her cheek. “I’ll see you soon.” Liam said before leaving the house. Bianca closed the door behind him, and locked it shut, before walked over to her daughter and picking her up, lifting her back up the stairs to put to bed.

Ruby and Noah were walking through the shopping mall in Yabbie Creek. They’d heard the news of April having had the baby that morning and were now looking to buy the baby some things. “We need to get them something cool,” Ruby told Xavier as he pushed the pram through the mall. “Something different.”

“Right,” Xavier answered. “Why don’t we just get them something like they got for Noah?”

“Aren’t you listening to me?” Ruby questioned. “We can’t get them what they got us.” Ruby sighed.

“Well what else can we get them aside for clothes, blankets, bibs, etc?” Xavier questioned as he pulled a face of uncertainty. “It’s not like we can buy her a bike or a Barbie or whatever. She’s not even a full day old yet. Clothes, teddies and stuff like that are what people buy.”

“I guess,” Ruby sighed. “Oh maybe we could get them one of those play mat things,” Ruby smiled. “Actually we should buy one of them for Noah too,” Ruby suggested. “He’d love that.”

“Yeah, sure,” Xavier answered as he pushed the pram into one of the baby shops. “Could maybe buy Noah some new things too,” Xavier smiled as he looked into the pram to his son who was still sleeping soundly. “Hmm little man will get you some new clothes too?”

“Oh yes,” Ruby smiled as she stuck her head in the pram and rubbed her son’s cheek. “We can’t come and look at all these lovely baby clothes without buying the little man something.”

“Not that he’ll need much, we have a lot of clothes for him already, but a little something.” Xavier said, knowing how bad Ruby was when it came to shopping for baby clothes.

“Noted,” Ruby gave a nod of her head. “But what I think isn’t a lot and what you think isn’t a lot will probably be two different things.” Ruby answered and Xavier laughed lightly and went to reply but he’d already lost Ruby to a rack of boys’ clothes at the other end of the shop.

Bianca put the coffee’s down on the coffee table before taking a seat opposite her friend. “So you were saying April had a girl?” Charlie questioned as she took a drink of her coffee.

“Yes,” Bianca smiled. “Hollie.”

“Aww that’s nice,” Charlie answered. “I can’t believe April and Ruby are old enough to be having babies actually. It makes me feel really old. I mean I’m a grandma.”

“Yeah you are,” Bianca laughed. “Although you’re a very young grandma.”

“Grandma all the same.” Charlie exhaled.

“So what are you trying to say?” Bianca questioned. “That you’d rather Noah wasn’t around?”

“No way,” Charlie shook her head. “I couldn’t imagine not having him in my life.”

“Then quit moaning.” Bianca laughed.

“Yeah....so anyways has Bella seen Hollie yet?”

“No,” Bianca shook her head as Bella ran over to the table upon hearing her name. “But she knows auntie April had the baby.”

“Ah still plenty time for visits I guess,” Charlie said as Bella climbed up onto Charlie’s knee. “Hey little one, what are you saying today?”

“You no bring them for?” Bella questioned as she looked up to Charlie.

“Bring what?” Charlie questioned, slightly confused at Bella’s questioned.

“Paige and Riley,” Bella answered. “They not here for?”

“Ah, they are at kindergarten,” Charlie told her. “Remember we told you that they’d be going there now.”

“Oh,” Bella scratched the side of her head. “I want them here to play.”

“Aww, you miss them?” Bianca questioned and Bella nodded her head.

“Yeah, you get them now.” Bella instructed as she looked up to Charlie again.

“I can’t,” Charlie shook her head. “They need to go to school.”

“No fair.” Bella shook her head as she jumped down from Charlie’s knee and ran back across the room. Charlie and Bianca both exhaled as they watched Bella playing by herself.

“So, Liam came around last night.” Bianca said before biting her lip.

“Oh yeah?” Charlie raised one eyebrow. “And how did that go?”

“We almost had sex.” Bianca just came right out and said it. It was probably the easiest way.

“Bianca Scott,” Charlie gasped. “How did that happen?”

“I dunno, we were talking then he kissed me and I kissed him back and it got intense...” Bianca trailed off. “If Dexter didn’t call saying April was in labour I think we probably would have ended up having sex.”

“And would you have wanted that?” Charlie questioned.

Bianca bit her lip as she nodded shyly. “I think it would have been wrong to sleep together, but I would have no doubt enjoyed it.”

Charlie gave a little laugh. “So, what happens now?”

“Eh, we’re going to give it a go, but slowly,” Bianca answered. “Start dating again, keep it slow not only for us but for the kids,” Bianca exhaled. “I eh....I don’t know how well Ash will take it if we move too quickly. Bella will be fine I’d imagine, but Ash still hasn’t fully forgiven Liam and I don’t want to turn him against me, against us, so....it has to be slow.”

“It’s probably for the best,” Charlie smiled lightly at her friend. “It’ll take time.”

“Yeah,” Bianca agreed. “But I think he’s worth the chance.”

Charlie exhaled lightly as she wrapped her hands around the coffee cup. “Well you should take it, but just be careful. I don’t want you getting hurt again.”

“I will.” Bianca smiled as she took a drink of her coffee. She had to go with her heart, and her heart wanted to be with Liam, but she only hoped for her sake and the sake of her kids, that this time Liam could stay sober and clean.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone. I've somehow managed to add another chapter onto this so I have 3 more after this one now instead of two....hope you like this one. :)

Chapter 202

Xavier and Ruby knocked on the door of their apartment. “Hey guys come in.” Dex smiled as Ruby and Xavier walked into the apartment and into the living room, where April was standing looking over the mosses basket where her 3-week-old daughter was sleeping.

“Hey.” April looked up at her guests before looking back down to her daughter. Xavier placed the car seat down on the floor before lifting his son out into his arms.

“Hey,” Ruby answered her friend before walking over to the mosses basket and lightly rubbing Hollies cheek. “How’s my little cutie today?” Ruby cooed.

“She’s doing good,” April answered as she gave a yawn. “Apart from crying for about 4 hours straight very early this morning.”

“Oh dear Hollie we don’t do that to mummy and daddy, no,” Ruby spoke softly. “You’re supposed to be a good girl and sleep.”

“Don’t rub in the fact that you have Noah sleeping 8 till 6,” Dex yawned. “It’s really uncalled for.”

“First off I never mentioned Noah’s sleeping schedule and secondly, Noah is 13 weeks, compared to Hollies 3 weeks,” Ruby answered. “She’ll get a better sleeper as she gets older.”

“And we still need to get up to feed him at 1am.” Xavier answered. “So technically it’s 5 hours at a time, not 10 like you made it sound.”

“Excuse me?” Ruby questioned as she looked up at her husband. “We get up?”

“You’ve got the boobies dear.” Xavier said.

“There’s always plenty expressed milk,” Ruby exhaled. “Although I do like 1am mummy and Noah time, don’t I sweet pea,” Ruby cooed as she walked over to Noah and rubbed his cheek, resulting in a babble of delight and a smile. “I do.”

April smiled at Ruby interacting with her baby before looking down to her watch. “We should probably go if we are going to make the appointments,” April said as she looked back to Hollie. She exhaled lightly as she leaned into the mosses basket and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. “It’s not too soon to leave her is it?”

“It’s not for us to judge,” Xavier answered and Ruby took Noah in her arms and gave him a hug. “It’s up to you to decide when you feel ready to leave her.”

April pursed her lips together unsure. “It’s only for a few hours,” Dex answered. “And me and Xav are good dads right?” Dex questioned and April nodded. “Just go and have a little relax. You’ve been great with Hollie since she was born. You’re allowed to have a few hours to yourself without feeling guilty.”

“And you’ll call me if she needs me?” April questioned and Dexter nodded.

“Right away.”

“Okay,” April took a deep breath before she picked up her handbag and walked over to the door with Ruby, Dex and Xavier following. Ruby gave Noah a kiss and a cuddle before handing her son back to Xavier. “See you later.” April smiled at Dex before they walked out of the house, ready to go to the spa in Yabbie Creek for a few hours, leaving Dex and Xavier to babysit.

Charlie and Brax walked past the trees, and along the path, up the slight hill to the top of the lookout point. Brax lay the picnic basket down on the ground before opening it up and pulling out the blanket, and laying it across the ground. “I forgot how lovely it was up here.” Charlie smiled as she sat down on the blanket next to Brax and they looked out beyond the cliff edge to the ocean that was a gorgeous shade of blue.

“Yeah it’s pretty amazing,” Brax replied. “I sometimes come up here to reflect on things.”

“Oh yeah, what have you got to reflect about?” Charlie gave a little laugh as Brax opened up the picnic basket and took out the bottle of sparkling white grape juice.

“Stuff,” Brax said. “Like if we’ve had an argument and I need to cool down, I’ll come up here.”

“So you come up here when we argue and now you are bringing me on a date here?” Charlie looked puzzled.

“Well I’m always remind of how gorgeous you are, and how great a life we have, how great our kids are, etc, when I look at the gorgeous view, so, yeah I’ll bring you on a date here,” Charlie smiled as she saw Brax’s lips coming down to hers. He gave her a soft kiss as he looked back up at her. “And you know today marks 1,400 days of me being sober.” Brax grinned as he reached for the glasses and poured them both a glass.

“Really?” Charlie questioned. “You’re keeping count?”

“It’s what they wanted you to do in rehab and at the AA meetings I used to go to.” Brax answered. “And I’ve just kind of kept on counting.”

“Well that’s great,” Charlie smiled. “I’m really proud of you, you know.”

Brax smiled appreciatively. “I couldn’t have done it without you.”

“I’m sure you could have.” Charlie had faith in her husband.

“No, really, I couldn’t. If I lost you and the kids I’d be straight back on the drink for sure.”

“So is this your way of guilt tripping me into staying with you forever?” Charlie laughed. “I don’t want you to drink again so I need to stay with you.”

“Nah,” Brax laughed. “This is the proof that you are going to stay with me forever,” Brax smiled as he picked up Charlie’s left hand and pointed to her rings. “Which brings me to giving you this,” Brax pulled out bunches and bunches of roses from the picnic basket.

“Oh my God Brax, how many bunches roses did you buy?” Charlie gasped as he continued to pull out bunch after bunch, until 20 bunches of a dozen roses were laying on the picnic blanket.

“20.” Brax answered.

Charlie did the math in her head. “That’s 240 roses,” Charlie’s voice went higher as she spoke. “What are you doing buying that many?” Charlie questioned. “It must have cost you a fortune.”

“Well you’re worth every penny,” Brax gave Charlie a cheeky grin. “And 240 is a very relevant number today for us, actually.”

“Oh,” Charlie looked confused. “What does -”

“Charlotte Braxton,” Brax gasped. “You mean to tell me you don’t know?”

“I….sorry,” Charlie still looked confused. “You could tell me.”

Brax exhaled. “Well 240 days ago was July 1st,” Brax answered. “And what happened on July 1st?”

“We got married,” Charlie smiled, remembering that day. “Aww now this is even more romantic. You’re so sweet.” Charlie gushed before putting her hand on the back of Brax’s head, and kissed him softly on the lips.

“Well I try.” Brax grinned.

“Although our house is going to look like a flower shop for the next week,” Charlie laughed as she looked down to all the flowers. “But still it’s such a sweet gift; you really are a romantic old sod aren’t you?”

“Like I said, I try.” Brax laughed, before his hand once again went into the picnic box and he pulled out a little blue box.

“Is there actually any food in there?” Charlie laughed.

“There are some strawberries,” Brax answered. “And we’ll get to them soon, but first I want to give you this.”

Charlie smiled as she took the box into her hand and opened it to see a white gold necklace with a little flower pendant with a diamond in the middle of the flower. “Diamonds and it isn’t even my birthday or our anniversary or anything,” Charlie grinned. “You spoil me too much.”

“Isn’t it the husband’s job to spoil his wife?” Brax questioned as he helped Charlie put the necklace on.

“If that’s what you think I am not going to argue with you,” Charlie laughed before grasping the pendant in her hand. “Thank you so much, it’s gorgeous. I love it and I love you so much.”

“I know,” Brax smiled. “I love you too.” Brax and Charlie once again shared a kiss.

“Mmm, well if you do all this for me for no reason I can’t wait till our first wedding anniversary.” Charlie raised one eyebrow as she smiled at her husband.

“They say the first year is paper so I think a pad of A4 should do the trick.” Brax laughed and Charlie hit his chest lightly before once again meeting him in a kiss.

Ruby and April were sitting in the Jacuzzi in the pool area of the spa after enjoying a full body massage. “Mmm I feel so guilty for enjoy this time away,” April exhaled. “I feel bad for leaving Hollie.”

“You shouldn’t.” Ruby shook her head. “You’re allowed a few hours to yourself. It’s super hard work taking care of a new-born. I remember when Noah was first born I used to take extra-long in the shower because it meant a bit of time to myself.” Ruby said and April gave a small laugh.

“Extra time in the shower, I’ll need to remember that one.” April said.

“Sometimes time away from your baby is a good thing,” Ruby said softly. “I mean don’t get me wrong, I love Noah more than anything but if I didn’t have me time I think I’d go insane.”

“I guess,” April answered. “Dexter is probably actually loving that I’ve gone away for a while. I feel myself yelling at him a lot more these days.”

“Oh,” Ruby pursed her lips together. “Just about silly little things though?”

“Oh yeah,” April nodded. “Like he left Hollies bib on the arm of the couch after feeding her and I went off on one saying that it made the apartment look messy.”

“Well you can’t help your obsessive compulsiveness to keep thing tidy and in order,” Ruby said. “Although I’d love to know how you can keep the place so spotless all the time.”

“Dex is so great with her,” April smiled. “So I know when I go off on an obsessive clean than he’ll be fine with her.”

Ruby smiled lightly. “Look at us eh, all married with babies, we’re growing up.”

“Well I’m not married. Not even engaged.” April corrected her friend. “But right now organising a wedding is so far in the back of my mind that I don’t mind really. Hollie is my main focus right now and then possibly work in April.”

“Possibly work?” Ruby questioned. “Have you changed your mind about this job then?”

“Before Hollie was born I would say I was 100 per cent settled on taking the job,” April exhaled. “But at the moment I’d say I’m more 60-40 in favour of going back to work, so it’s probably still a yes, but we’ll see.”

“Well your priorities do change once your kid is born,” Ruby said. “I know I was saying I wanted to go back to singing after I had Noah, but there’s just no way I could imagine leaving him right now.”

“You could take him on tour with you though,” April questioned. “So it would be easier for you to still be with your son but if I start diagnosing people with Hollie strapped to me it would be kinda strange.”

“She would be a very young assistant anyways,” Ruby gave a small laugh. “And I couldn’t really take Noah away from Xavier, so maybe my singing career is over.”

“Well Xavier could always come with you,” April suggested. “It’s not like he needs his job for you guys to survive.”

“I know,” Ruby said. “But he loves cooking and working at the restaurant so I don’t want to ruin that for him,” Ruby gave a little smile. “Anyways, I think it would be pretty cool to open up a recording studio in the bay. You know Sydney is our nearest one so maybe people in the bay and surrounding areas that are trying to break out into the industry could use it as it would be closer.”

“What so you’d have like a record label?” April questioned. “That would be so cool.”

“Yeah, I could do,” Ruby smiled. “But anyways it’s just an idea so we’ll see what happens in the future.”

“Yeah,” April smiled. “Oh, did I tell you my mum finally got back in touch with me?”

“No,” Ruby shook her head. “When was this?”

“Last week sometime,” April answered. “It only took her like 6 months,” April sighed. “Anyways, she told me she didn’t approve of me having a baby out of wedlock, and went on for ages about how Dex should have done the right thing and married me when I told him I was pregnant.” April rolled her eyes.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Ruby said. “So, I guess she didn’t approve of Bianca having Bella either?”

“No,” April answered. “She keeps calling Isabella Arabella so it shows how much she cares about us and her grandkids, eh?” April questioned. “Oh and she doesn’t like the name Hollie either.”

“Well I think Hollie is a lovely name.” Ruby answered.

“Me and Dex too and that’s all that matters,” April exhaled. “So I doubt she’s going to have my mother in her life, but she’s got a very doting grandpa in Sid, and great aunties in you and Bianca. And I guess Indi would have been a good auntie if she lived around here but Cairns is pretty far away.”

“Yeah,” Ruby smiled. “She’s still a pretty lucky little one.”

“I know she’s just born but I can’t wait till our kids are running around with each other.” April smiled. “I hope they become good friends.”

“Well until they reach school age they aren’t going to have much choice in the matter,” Ruby laughed. “But we all get on great with each other so I’m sure our kids will too.” Ruby said and April agreed before the girls lay their head back against the wall, to relax in the Jacuzzi.

Thank you Red Ranger 1, caroline77, Sarah, Spotd1, Zoe, CharlieAndBraxLover and Freakie42 for the comments. Hope you like this next one.

Chapter 203

Dex and Xavier looked down at their kids who were lying on the play mat, Noah waving his arms and kicking his legs. “Oh someone’s having fun,” Xavier smiled as he watched his son. “Hmm yes you are,” Xavier smiled as he looked down to his watch. “Oh I’m 10 minutes late for your feed,” Xavier said as he lifted the bottle of the baby bag. “Don’t you let on to mummy, okay?” Xavier whispered to his son before walking over to the kitchen and picking up the kettle and filling it with water, before switching it boil.

“Feeding time at the zoo it seems,” Dexter laughed as he walked over to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of expressed milk. “I never actually prepared her a bottle before. April’s always done it for me.”

“Ah yeah, well it seems it’s all prepared eh,” Xavier said as he pointed to the bottle of expressed milk. “So, you just need to heat it up and then feed the bub.” Dexter smiled at his friend before giving him a confused look.

“Why do you need to heat it up?” Dexter questioned as he watched Xavier pouring the boiling water into the jug, before sticking the bottle in to heat the milk.

“Does April stick her boobs in the fridge?” Xavier questioned and Dexter shook his head as he laughed.

“No.” Dexter answered.

“Well her milk is going to be a lot warmer than the milk inside of a fridge; therefore, you need to heat it to what the baby is used too.” Xavier explained and Dexter nodded in understanding before taking another jug from the cupboard and pouring in some water and sticking the bottle in to heat the milk.

“So how long does it need to heat for?” Dexter questioned.

“Not that long.” Xavier answered.

“Right,” Dexter crossed his arms over his chest as he spoke. “She is due a feed now so prepare yourself for screaming.”

“Nothing I won’t have heard before,” Xavier laughed. “Noah can have a fine set of lungs on him. “Can’t you little man?” Xavier cooed as he walked back over to the babies and looked down at his son, who continued to wave his arms about, hitting his hand against the little kitten rattle from the play mat every so often. Xavier smiled as he looked down to the babies. “Future husband and wife here don’t you think?” Xavier laughed.

Hollie then burst out into a cry. “Seems like Hollie here is against that idea,” Dexter laughed. “Although Ruby didn’t like you at first and April didn’t like me and look how that turned out,” Dexter laughed as he picked his daughter up to sooth her. “So, I think I could be holding the future Mrs Noah Austin here, yes.”

“Would be pretty cool if they ended up dating eh?” Xavier said as he picked his son up.

“Well I have the girl,” Dexter answered. “So, I’m not going to just let her go out with just any boy,” Dexter answered as Hollie continued to scream in his arms. “So, you Mr Noah, will need to prove yourself to me, you get that?” Noah looked up to Dexter as he spoke to him, his expressive green eyes, getting wider. He made a babbling sound before his tongue came out his mouth. “Did he just stick his tongue out at me?”

Xavier laughed lightly. “He’s hungry,” Xavier answered as they walked over to the kitchen. Xavier lifted the bottle out from the jug and took the lid off before he squeezed a little bit out onto his arm and licked it off.

“Dude,” Dexter looked appalled. “What did you just do?”

“Checked to see if it was the right temperature.” Xavier answered before sticking the bottle in Noah’s mouth.

“But its breast milk,” Dexter looked freaked out as he moved a still crying Hollie in his arms. “I know baby its coming.” Dexter said as she rocked her gently.

“So?” Xavier answered. “If the milk is too hot it could burn Noah and if it’s too cold he won’t take it, I need to make sure it’s right.” Xavier answered, not really understanding what the fuss was about.

“But it’s breast milk. It’s from your wife’s breast.” Dexter said.

“And?” Xavier said. “It’s for my son and I’m going to make sure it’s okay for him.”

“Well I’d rather not taste it,” Dexter said. “I’m sure it’ll be fine for her.” Dexter took the bottle from the jar and went to put it into Hollies mouth.

“Wait,” Xavier said. “You don’t want it being too hot or cold. You really need to test it.”

Dexter sighed as he put some on his arm. “Now what do it do with as I certainly won’t be tasting it?” Dex asked. “And I don’t know if it’s too hot or cold or what.”

“Just wipe it off then,” Xavier said. “Put some on my arm there,” Xavier gestured down to his arm as he fed Noah. Dex put some milk onto him. “It’s fine.” Xavier said.

“Don’t you think about tasting my April’s milk,” Dex said as he put the bottle into Hollies mouth which stopped her crying. “Now that would be gross.”

Xavier gave a little laugh. “Don’t worry, I won’t.” Xavier said as he looked down at his son and smiled lovingly as he watched him feeding.

Bianca, Liam, Ash and Bella were walking along the sidewalk after Ash had finished school. “So how was school today bud?” Liam questioned.

“Fine.” Ash sighed. Although things were getting better with the two, his answers to Liam were still very short.

“That’s good then,” Liam answered. “You had PE today didn’t you?”

“Yes.” Came Ash’s reply.

“What did you do?” Liam questioned.

“Uhm...some jumping things.” Ash answered.

“Ash isn’t really a fan of PE,” Bianca told Liam. “But he does like music and is showing interest in wanting to learn how to play guitar.”

“Oh really?” Liam sounded pleased by this. “Well mate, daddy didn’t like PE either. I liked music too and love playing guitar.”

“Really?” Ash questioned. “You can play?”

“Oh yeah,” Liam answered. “Maybe if you’d like too, daddy could bring his guitar to your house one day and you can have a go.”

“Wow,” Ash’s little eyes lit up. “You’d show me?”

“Of course I can,” Liam smiled, thinking this would be a great way for them to bond again. “If mummy says it’s okay.” Liam said as he looked up to Bianca.

“Fine by me,” Bianca smiled. “What do you think Ash; you’d like that, right?”

“Oh yes,” Ash nodded. “I really would.”

“Well that’s it settled then,” Liam smiled. “I’ll teach you to play guitar.”

“Can we do it today?” Ash asked and Liam was slightly taken aback that he wanted to do it that quickly.

“Of course.” Liam smiled.

“Me too papà,” Bella jumped on the spot. “Me too.”

“No, you’re too little Bella,” Bianca answered. “This is just papà and Ash’s project.”

“Well,” Bella scratched the side of her head. “What I do?”

“How about you bake cakes with mamma?” Bianca questioned.

“Yeah,” Bella cheered as she jumped up on the spot. “Dora ones.”

“Sure, well get them at the shop on the way home,” Liam answered. “Then we’ll stop by the van park and I’ll pick up my guitar.” Liam smiled, glad that Ash wanted to do something with him. He looked to Bianca and they both shared a smile before he looked down to his son, and noticed that for the first time since he got home, he looked excited at the thought of spending time with him.

Charlie and Brax were snuggled up on the couch, the kids were in bed, and they were sitting enjoy the end of their day off together by watching a movie. “Still don’t see why we couldn’t have watched my choice. It’s a great movie.” Brax sighed, unsatisfied with watching The Holiday.

“Because The Holiday is romantic while Nightmare on Elm Street certainly isn’t,” Charlie replied. “Watching people being murdered in their sleep is hardly going to get us in the mood, is it?” Charlie questioned as she glared up at her husband.

“Ohh in the mood,” Brax raised his eyebrows. “Am I going to get lucky tonight?”

“You may very well do,” Charlie answered, not giving anything away. “Depends how nice you are to me during this movie.”

“Eh I’m always nice to you,” Brax grinned as he lightly rubbed Charlie’s arm. “Maybe we could just skip the rest of this movie and head up to bed now.” Brax said suggestively as he leaned closer to

Charlie and softly kissed her neck.

“Mmm you’d like that wouldn’t you?” Charlie answered. “Anything to get you out of watching this movie?”

“Well sex with my gorgeous wife or a chick flick,” Brax held his hands out to the side and moved them up and down slightly like a set of scales. “I know which one I’d choose.”

Charlie gave a little laugh before glancing back at the TV. “Yeah, I’d choose the movie too.” Charlie gave Brax a cheeky grin.

“Oh, you…” Brax trailed off before pulling Charlie so close to him she was practically sitting on his knee. He cupped her cheek in his hand, before placing a soft kiss on her lips. Charlie smiled into the kiss as it intensified and she ran her hands down his chest, before pulling at the ends of his t-shirt, and lifting it up over his head. “Someone’s in a hurry tonight.” Brax laughed lightly as he pulled Charlie up onto his lap, so she was straddling him.

“Mmm, I’ll stop if you want.” Charlie answered.

“Don’t you dare.” Brax whispered as Charlie began kissing him as his hands wandered under her top.

“Mummy what you doing?” The little voice asked and Charlie groaned as she rested her head against Brax’s shoulder.

“Always when we’re about to have some fun,” Charlie mumbled as she pushed herself from Brax’s knee, and sat down again on the couch. “Mummy was just giving daddy a hug.” Charlie answered.

“Oh,” Paige said as she walked over to the couch and jumped up onto Charlie’s knee. “Why is daddy no got his t-shirt on?” Paige questioned as she pointed to the red quicksilver t-shirt which Charlie had flung to the floor only moments earlier.

Charlie cleared her throat, trying to think of a good enough answer. “Because silly daddy split his drink on it so it needs to go to the laundry.” Brax answered.

“Oh,” Paige gave a little giggle. “Silly daddy.”

“So, what are you doing up, missus?” Charlie questioned as she ran her hand through her daughters hair.

“Well I had a bad dream.” Paige answered.

“Aww that’s not nice,” Charlie exhaled. “What did you dream about?”

“Monster flies coming into the house and biting us all dead.” Paige answered.

“Well there is no such thing as monster flies,” Brax said as he rubbed his daughters back. “So, I’m sure you’ll be fine to go back to bed.”

“But there is such a thing,” Paige sighed. “They big an scary an have big red poisoned teeth.”

“Oh dear,” Charlie said as she placed Paige on the floor and stood up. “They don’t sound nice at all, but I can assure you that none of these monster flies will get into the house.”

“What if they are magic?” Paige questioned as she walked back up the stairs with her mother.

“Well then daddy will get rid of them so they won’t get to you.” Charlie answered and Paige giggled.

“Yeah, daddy with get them good.” Paige said as Charlie lifted her back into bed.

“Okay, so you get back to sleep okay.” Charlie said as she rubbed her daughter’s hair back from her face before placing a kiss on her forehead.

“And Koala mummy.” Paige grinned as she grabbed her koala teddy and held it up in front of Charlie. Charlie kissed the koala before she stood to her feet.

“Night baby, love you.” Charlie said as she made her way over to the door.

“Love you mummy.” Paige yawned and Charlie smiled as she closed the bedroom door leaving her daughter to fall back asleep.

Thanks everyone. :D

Chapter 204

Bianca, Ash and Bella were visiting April and baby Hollie and Ash was happily telling April about his guitar lesson from his daddy the day before. “He brought a real proper guitar,” Ash smiled. “Not a blow up one like the one in my room.”

“Wow,” April smiled as she put his and Bella’s juice down on the coffee table. “And did he let you have a shot?”

“Yeah,” Ash nodded. “I wasn’t very good though.” Ash looked slightly saddened.

“Well it would only be your first time,” April answered as she quickly stuck her head into the moses basket to check on her daughter who was still sound asleep. “So, you’ll get better.”

“Yeah,” Ash nodded. “Daddy said that too. He played Mary had a little lamb for us,” Ash giggled. “Bella starting singing it but in Italian.”

“Of course she did,” April laughed as Bella ran through to the room from being at the toilet as Bianca walked in after her. “Ash here is telling me all about his guitar time with Liam.” April said as Bella climbed up onto the couch.

“Oh yeah,” Bianca answered. “You had lots of fun, didn’t you bud?”

“Yup,” Ash nodded before picking up his juice from the coffee table and talking a drink. “He said he’d bring his guitar again tomorrow.”

“I no loud to play,” Bella frowned as she took a biscuit from the tin. “Mamma and me bake though.”

“Aww you like to bake don’t you?” April questioned and Bella nodded as she watched Bianca standing over the moses basket, looking down at Hollie. She scrunched her eyes up before jumping down from the couch and running over to her mother, placing her hands on the side of her dress.

“Up mamma.” Bella said as she held her hands up.

“You want to see the baby?” Bianca questioned as she lifted her daughter up into her arms.

“No,” Bella shook her head as she put her hand over Bianca’s eyes. “Mamma no baby just Bella.”

“Bella,” Bianca pulled Bella’s hand from her eyes. “Mamma wants to see the baby, don’t do that,” Bianca put Bella down on the floor and looked into the moses basket once again. Bella huffed before running over to the couch and climbing up, taking a bite of her biscuit. “Can I pick her up?” Bianca questioned as she glanced at April.

“Yeah.” April answered and Bianca smiled before lifting her niece into her arms.

“Hey, pretty baby,” Bianca cooed as she walked over to the couch and took a seat, Bella moving as close to her mother as she could. “Who’s a gorgeous girl?” Bianca gushed.

“Me mamma,” Bella put her hand onto Bianca’s arm. “Not Hollie, eugh.” Bella pulled a face as she pushed on Hollies head.

“Bella,” Bianca raised her voice. “Don’t do that to the baby.”

“Well you my mamma.” Bella exhaled.

“No, she’s ours,” Ash said as he glared down at Bella. “But she is holding Hollie for a bit.”

“I no want her too,” Bella shook her head as she glared up at her mother. “She here mamma, she hold her,” Bella scowled as she pointed to April.

“Aww Bella, mamma just wants to hold her niece,” April said. “And she’s your cousin.”

“No,” Bella shook her head. “She not be with my mamma.” Bella shouted as she tightly pinched Hollies arm. Hollie broke out into an ear piercing scream.

“Isabella Scott,” Bianca raised her voice as she gently rocked Hollie in her arms to settle her. “That’s very naughty. You can’t behave like that.”

“Yes,” Bella replied. “I can.”

“No, Isabella,” Ash said. “It’s naughty and the baby is very nice.”

“No,” Bella shook her head. “She my mamma, not the stupid baby’s.”

“Isabella,” April sounded quiet hurt. “Hollie isn’t stupid. She’s my baby not mammas and your mamma isn’t trying to be her mamma, she just wants to hold her niece and your baby cousin,” April told her. “You can have lots of fun with Hollie when she is older.”

Bella scrunched her eyes up and she sighed. “Well you -”

“Isabella,” Bianca interrupted. “Why don’t you like this baby being with me but you’re fine with Ash or Jacob or the twins?”

“They’s olderer,” Bella answered. “I is your baby always.”

“Yeah, and you always will be my baby, okay, but you can’t get all jealous when I’m holding Hollie, okay?” Bianca questioned.

“So you no want her for your baby?” Bella questioned.

“No.” Bianca shook her head.

“Okay.” Bella sighed. “I’s sorry.”

“That’s okay, but you stop behaving like that with the baby now, okay?” Bianca said and Bella nodded gently.

“And here was me about she say she seemed fine with Hollie being around today.” April laughed.

“I guess it makes sense,” Bianca exhaled. “She used to be the baby and now Hollie is getting the attention.” Bianca said and April nodded.

“April can I hold Hollie?” Ash questioned.

“You sure can,” April smiled as Bianca handed Hollie to Ash, making sure he was supporting her head. “So, where’s Liam today?”

“Job hunting,” Bianca exhaled as Bella climbed up onto her knee. “I hope he gets something soon.”

“Aww yeah, me too.” April answered. “I’ll keep my fingers crossed for him.”

“And everything else.” Bianca sighed. April gave her sister a weak smile before looking at Ash, who was pulling silly faces at Hollie, who was watching him in awe. She laughed lightly at the kids before reaching for her juice on the coffee table and taking a drink.

Charlie was in the restaurant wiping the glasses with a cloth, before putting them in their places, and Brax was putting out more bottles of wine. Charlie and Brax were both working the morning through till the end of lunch shift, so they’d both be home to the kids in time for dinner and a night watching Disney movies, most likely. Charlie looked up to restaurant floor as she heard footsteps. “We’re not actually open right now.” Charlie said before noticing it was in fact Liam who was walking into the place.

“I know,” Liam answered. “Thought I would catch you at a time that was less busy.”

“Oh,” Charlie widened her eyes. “And what do you want to catch us for?” Charlie questioned.

“I’m desperate for a job,” Liam exhaled. “Please Charlie.”

“Make it sound like you actually want to work here,” Charlie answered. “Saying your desperate kinda makes if feel like you’re willing to do anything as long as you get money.”

“Well...” Liam trailed off. “Look, I’ve worked here before, I know what to do, and I was a good worker, right Brax?”

Brax pursed his lips together as he put the bottle of wine down and turned to face Liam. “When you didn’t come to work blind drunk, yes.”

“Look that was just the one time and I was going through a hard time.” Liam exhaled.

“I don’t recall that you were,” Charlie shook her head. “Bianca was the one with the memories. She was the one going through a hard time and what do you do when she needs you most? Turn to drink.” Charlie gave a small laugh of disgust.

Liam ran his hand through his hair as he sighed. “I can’t turn back the clock on what happened, but I can make it up to you and Bianca now.”

“And you think that I would want you working for me after what you’re stupidity could have do to my daughter?” Charlie questioned. “You really are deluded Liam.”

“Please, Charlie,” Liam begged. “I’m late on paying rent, I can hardly afford to feed myself let alone start helping Bianca out with the kids, please Charlie, I’ll do anything.”

Charlie pursed her lips together. “It’s no use begging, and like I told you last week, the month before that and the week before that, we don’t have any positions anyways.”

“Please,” Liam pleaded. “I know what you think of me now and you have every right too, but for Bianca. I know you love Bianca, so don’t do this for me but for her. Do this to help her.”

“Guilt tripping me now are you?” Charlie said. “Wonder what Bianca would think of that.”

Liam exhaled as he looked up to Brax. “Brax mate, please.”

“I’m not your mate,” Brax shook his head. “The trouble I got from the police because of you, my kids got taken from me because of you, we almost lost Paige,” Brax felt a fist form on his hand. “Mate’s don’t that do. So you are not my mate and you heard what Charlie had to say.” Brax spat as he felt Charlie’s hand going onto his fist, and lowering it down. “And besides like Charlie said, we have no positions.”

“For Bianca,” Liam said under his breath but loud enough for Charlie to hear. “Please.”

Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked up to her husband before looking back to Liam. He did look sorry for what he’d done in the past and Charlie knew how happy Liam could make Bianca. “Thursday through Saturday we need an extra dishwasher to cope with the load.” Charlie said. “Take it or leave it.”

“A dishwasher?” Liam sounded unimpressed.

“I don’t think you are in the position to be picky, eh.” Brax replied.

“No, sorry, Ill eh, I’ll take it.” Liam smiled weakly. “Thanks.”

“Hmm,” Charlie groaned. “5pm on Thursday be here sharp.” Charlie said and Liam nodded.

“I will,” Liam smiled. “Thank you.” Liam said before turning around and leaving the restaurant. Charlie and Brax exchanged a glance with each other before they got back to what they were doing.

April pushed the pram into the diner and walked over to her friend and took a seat. “Hey,” April smiled at Ruby. “How’s your day going?”

“Good,” Ruby smiled. “How about yours?”

“Oh, we had a jealous Bella pinching my baby this morning.” April replied.

“Aww no way poor Hollie,” Ruby said. “Bella still not liking her then?”

“I think Bianca got through to her today,” April sighed. “But I guess only time will tell.”

“Aww I’m sure pretty soon they’ll be running around together having a blast.” Ruby answered as she rocked her pram slightly as her son began stirring.

“Yeah,” April smiled. “Either that or Bella will be cursing in Italian at her.” April laughed.

“Well you’ll just have to teach Hollie French and they can go at it.” Ruby laughed.

“Ah I don’t know,” April shook her head. “I used to think I’d teach my kids French but if they are anything like Bella and randomly break out in French so people don’t understand them it’ll probably be a tad annoying.”

“Yeah,” Ruby laughed. “But it’s still cute.”

“Yeah,” April smiled as she looked down to her daughter, her jet black hair sticking up. “My little cutie, hmmm.” April laughed as she tried to pat her hair down but it continued to stick up.

“Jacobs’s hair was like that too,” Ruby laughed. “It’ll settle eventually.”

“Yeah.” April smiled as Colleen walked over to the table and stuck her head into April’s pram.

“Oh well April isn’t she a little cutie,” Colleen cooed.

“Colleen please shhh,” April put her index finger over her mouth. “She’s just settled into a sleep.”

“Well you’ve just had your hand in the pram.” Colleen squawked.

“Well yes but I’m her mother and you’re shouting, there’s a difference.” April answered.

“Oh she’ll be fine,” Colleen continued to talk in her high pitched voice. “And so will this little one,” Colleen gushed as she stuck her head in Noah’s pram and lightly rubbed his stomach.

“Colleen, please don’t do that.” Ruby said before Noah broke out into tears. Ruby rolled her eyes as she looked to April, before picking her son up.

“Oh I’m awfully sorry,” Colleen squawked as Hollie started crying. “Oh dear now I’ve set the other one off, I’m so stupid.”

“It’s fine,” April sighed. “Just go and get us some tea’s please.” April said and Colleen scurried off as Ruby and April tried to settle their children.

Thank you all so much for your comments on this fiction. I am actually rather sad to say that this is the last chapter. I really hope it's okay, and again a big thank you to everyone who had read and commented on this fiction. :wub:

Chapter 205

Ash opened the door to find Liam at the other side, holding his guitar in his hands. “Dad,” Ash smiled as Liam walked into the house. “Is we going to play guitar?”

“Yup,” Liam smiled as he walked into the house. “Hey,” Liam said as Bianca walked into the room. He placed a soft kiss on her cheek. Although they had decided to give things another go, they were taking things really slow, but were both enjoying the way things were going. “How was your day?”

“Yeah, good,” Bianca answered. “We went to see April and Hollie this morning.”

“Ah that would have been nice, how’s she doing?” Liam smiled.

“Good,” Bianca answered. “Bella was still a little madam with Hollie but hopefully she’ll start getting better now,” Bianca answered. “God help her if I ever did have another child.”

Liam laughed lightly. “Would you want too?” Liam questioned. “In the future I mean?”

“I used to think we’d have a child together when we were engaged,” Bianca nodded. “But now, I don’t think I want anymore. Bella and Ash are enough for me I think.”

Liam gave a gentle nod as Bella came running into the room. “Mamma you not find me quick enough.” Bella sighed. They were playing hide and seek, the kids hiding and Bianca seeking when Liam had come around.

“Mamma was enjoying the peace,” Bianca muttered. “No, but look who’s here.” Bianca smiled down at her daughter before looking back to Liam.

“Papà,” Bella smiled. “We see Hollie again but I still no like her.” Bella shook her head.

“Aww Bella,” Liam exhaled as he laid his guitar against the couch. “Babies are cute.”

“No, just me.” Bella grinned sweetly as she did a curtsey, pulling her dress at the sides.

“She’s being such a brat today,” Bianca sighed and Liam laughed lightly as Bella scowled up at her mother. “So, anyways how was your day?”

“Good,” Liam smiled. “I got a job.” Liam said and Bianca gave him a smile.

“That’s great Liam,” Bianca smiled. “Where about?”

“At the restaurant,” Liam answered. “It’s only 3 days a week, but it’s something just now. I think Charlie really hated having to hire me though.”

“Well I kind of understand that giving what’s happened in the past,” Bianca answered. “But seriously well done on the job, I’m proud you didn’t give up.” Bianca took a step forward and rubbed his arm. Liam gave her a smile before looking down to the kids.

“Right mate, you want to play guitar?” Liam questioned and Ash nodded lightly as he ran over to the couch. Liam smiled at the excitement in his son’s eyes before joining him on the couch. Bianca watched as Liam lifted his guitar over and placed it into Ash’s arms. Bianca smiled at the closeness that forming with Ash and Liam.

“Mamma we bake again?” Bella questioned.

“No,” Bianca shook her head. “You’ve been naughty today and naughty little girls aren’t allowed to bake.”

Bella scowled. “Can I go hide?”

“Yeah sure, go hide.” Bianca said and Bella gave a little grin before running off up the stairs.

“Okay,” so put this finger here and this one here.” Liam said as he directed his son’s hand. And then strum like this.” Liam guided Ash’s other hand down the strings.

“This is so much fun dad,” Ash smiled. “I’m glad you’re better.”

“Me too bud,” Liam smiled. “Pretty soon you’ll be rocking out on this too.”

“Really?” Ash questioned. “Will I be that good?”

“Sure you will,” Liam smiled. “You’ll be great.”

“Really mum?” Ash turned his head to face Bianca, who was smiling down as they continued to bond.

“You bet,” Bianca smiled. “You’ll be a little rocker in no time.” Ash smiled before looking back to Liam, eager to learn more.

“Shouldn’t you go find Bella?” Liam questioned.

“Hmm, in a minute.” Bianca laughed as she sat down on the arm chair, watching as Liam continued to show his son the guitar chords.

Charlie put the popcorn down on the coffee table, and immediately 3 little hands went in, taking out a handful. “Popcorn and a movie,” Jacob grinned. “Tonight will be really good fun, it will.” Jacob smiled as he sat up on to the couch in between his parents.

“Pinocchio lies.” Riley giggled.

“So, just like you then?” Charlie tickled her daughter’s side as she climbed up onto the couch.

“Mummy,” Riley gasped. “I no lie.”

“I’m sure you’ve told us a few fibs in your time dear.” Brax laughed down at his daughter.

“I not a fib,” Paige shook her head. “Ay no mummy?”

“Well no, but you are a goody goody.”

“A what?” Paige questioned as she screwed her face up.

“You always being good,” Jacob told his sister. “I think it means that.” Jacob looked to Brax questioningly and he gave his son a small nod.

“Yeah that’s right,” Charlie laughed. “That’s because you take after mummy and Riley who’ll tell a fib is like daddy.” Charlie said before giving Brax a cheeky grin.

“Ohh,” Brax shook his head. “We don’t like mummy saying that do we Riley?” Brax questioned.

“No,” Riley scowled as she crawled over to Brax and climbed up onto Brax’s knee. “But my nose not grow like Pinocchio?”

“It might if you fib too much.” Charlie answered.

“Really?” Riley put her hand over her nose. “I no want it to grow.”

Jacob giggled. “Well you can’t fib.”

“I really don’t.” Riley shook her head.

Brax laughed lightly as Milo came across to them and rested his head against Brax’s leg. “Why he get so big?” Paige questioned.

“Because dogs grow,” Charlie laughed. “He wasn’t going to stay his little puppy size forever.”

“I like him little.” Paige sighed as she reached forward and clapped his head.

“Well he won’t get much bigger now.” Brax answered.

“He is a big dog,” Jacob said. “But I love him.” Jacob gave Milo some popcorn, which the dog quickly scoffed down.

“Yeah, he’s a good one,” Brax smiled as he clapped the dog. “Jacob don’t feed the dog popcorn.”

“Why?” Jaocb questioned. “It’s good.”

“It’s not for dogs.” Charlie answered.

“No, just us humans.” Riley smiled as she reached forward and took another handful, dropping a few bits to the floor where Milo quickly hoovered it up.

“Is we going to be quiet now?” Paige asked.

“Why?” Brax questioned. “Isn’t it nice talking?” Brax rubbed Paige’s cheek as he spoke.

“Well daddy,” Paige tucked her hair behind her ear as she spoke. “We are watching the film.”

“I see,” Brax nodded his head. “Silence it is then.” Brax laughed as the kids all jumped off the couch and sat around the coffee table, their hands going from the popcorn bowl to their mouth, straight back into the popcorn bowl, keeping their faces glued to the TV. Charlie moved closer to Brax on the couch, and Brax wrapped his arm around her, smiling as he placed a kiss on her head. He loved moments like this, when it was just the five of them, and hoped that they had many more good times ahead.

It was Noah’s christening day and after church everyone had gone to the restaurant for snacks and drinks, although guests were starting to head home, so it was only April, Dex, Bianca, Liam and the kids left. Bella was sitting on one of the chairs in the restaurant, swinging her legs and she held her head in her hands. “Bee-Bee,” Paige ran over to her as she was standing out on the balcony with Charlie. “Can Bella come play?”

“Not yet,” Bianca shook her head. “She’s on the naughty spot.”

“Oh,” Paige sighed. “When she’s done can she come down?”

“I’ll send her right down,” Bianca smiled down to Paige, before she ran off out of the restaurant. Charlie was looking out over the balcony the beach where Brax, Liam, Ruby, Xavier, Dex, April, Ash, Jacob and Riley were all getting ready to play a game of cricket. Bianca looked back to Liam, and smiled as he picked Ash up and span him around, Ash giggling loudly. “They’re getting on like a house on fire again.” Bianca smiled as she looked up to her friend.

“That’s good,” Charlie smiled. “He needs his dad.”

“Yeah,” Bianca smiled. “And I know I’ve said this like a million times but thank you so much for giving him a job.”

Charlie exhaled lightly. “It’s just a dishwasher; I don’t suppose it’s very thrilling.”

“I know, but I know Liam really appreciates it, and since he’s been working he’s been so much happier.” Bianca smiled, recalling that since Liam started to work for Charlie and Brax 3 weeks before hand, he’d been like a different person. “I think he really needed a job, not just for money, but for himself.”

Charlie smiled lightly as she looked to her friend. “And how are things with you and Liam going now?”

“Good,” Bianca smiled. “It’s nice and I enjoy being around him, and the four of us being a family again.”

“Do I hear wedding bells?” Charlie questioned as she nudged her friends arm.

“Oh no,” Bianca shook her head. “We are far off that,” Bianca said. “But like I say it’s nice and maybe in the near future we could be living together again.”

“Well I’m pleased you’re happy,” Charlie smiled as she looked out to everyone having fun on the beach. “You deserve that.”

“Yeah, well we’ve had an interesting year anyways,” Bianca laughed. “Hopefully this next year will be easier.”

“I wish,” Charlie exhaled. “There always seems to be something.”

“Yeah,” Bianca nodded as she left a little hand tugging on hers. She looked down to see Bella looking up at her, her big brown eyes all wide. “Who said you could get off the naughty spot?” Bella shrugged her shoulders.

“I thought I done.” Bella spoke quietly.

Bianca looked down to her watch and exhaled. “Sure. You want to go play with everyone else?” Bianca questioned and Bella nodded as she took her mother’s hand.

“You come too.” Bella said. Bianca looked around to Charlie and looked at her questioningly as if asking for permission.

“Go on.” Charlie said and Bianca smiled at her friend before walking away with Bella. Charlie exhaled lightly as she watched everyone laughing and having a good time. She laughed lightly as she watched Riley and Jacob fighting over the ball with Ruby running over trying to split them up.

“Staying on your lonesome?” Brax questioned as he walked up behind her and put his arms around her waist.

“Someone needs to watch the babies.” Charlie answered as she pointed to the two prams were Noah and Hollie were lying having a nap.

“Of course,” Brax nodded before placing a soft kiss on Charlie’s neck as they watched everyone from the balcony. “The kids are having a great time,” Brax smiled. “Cake, fizzy pop, lollies...”

“You let them have fizzy pop?” Charlie questioned. “You know that sends Riley wild.”

Brax gave a little laugh. “Riley is wild enough without it.”

“Exactly,” Charlie answered. “She’s had sugar overload today so she’s going to need scraped off the ceiling tonight and good luck getting her to go to bed.”

Brax laughed once again. “They’re running it all off now.” Brax said.

“Yeah,” Charlie smiled as she turned around to face Brax, wrapping her arms around his neck and placing a soft kiss on his lips. “So, Mr Braxton, we’ve had quite a year haven’t we?” Charlie exhaled.

“We have,” Brax nodded. “But we also got our gorgeous grandson from it.” Brax grinned as he looked over to pram where Noah was sleeping.

“We have,” Charlie smiled. “But thinking about it, I wouldn’t swap anything that happened this year, because it’s only made us stronger.”

“Yeah,” Brax agreed. “Although maybe I’d give up being stabbed. That hurt like a mother fuc -”

“You no say a bad word,” Riley pointed her finger at Brax and she walked out onto the balcony with Paige and Jacob walking in after her.

“36 minutes on the naughty spot.” Jacob giggled.

“I didn’t curse,” Brax shook his head. “So I don’t need to go on any naughty spot.”

“You nearly did though,” Paige exhaled. “Naughty daddy.”

Charlie laughed lightly as she lifted Paige into her arms, while Brax picked up Riley and Jacob climbed up onto the balcony railing, holding on tightly. “Well how about mummy punishes daddy tonight?”

“Oooo bed with no supper?” Jacob questioned.

“Something like that.” Charlie laughed before she raised her eyebrows at Brax. He smiled as he raised his eyebrows before leaning forward and placing a kiss on her lips.

“Bring on this next year, I say,” Brax smiled as he pulled back and looked into his wife’s eyes. “We’ll can handle anything as long as we are together.”

“I’m sure we will can.” Charlie smiled before kissing Brax once more.

Comments

Archived