Forever Yours

Guest Danni02

Thanks everyone. :wub:

Chapter 191

Charlie squeezed some of the hand cream onto her hand, and rubbed it in as she got into her bed, before looking to Brax, who was staring at her, the look on his face showing he was keen to talk about something. “What?” Charlie questioned as she moved her pillows slightly, before bringing the cover up and over her.

Brax exhaled lightly as he sat up in the bed. “I did some research, before when you were bathing the kids.” Brax spoke tentatively as he turned to his bedside table and opened the top drawer and pulled out some sheets of paper.

“What do you mean research? Research on what?” Charlie looked perplexed as she sat up in the bed and took the paper into her hand, looking down at it to see information on pregnancy after hysterectomy. “Brax…” Charlie exhaled.

“Please just read it, Charlie,” Brax sighed. “You still have your ovaries; it was only your uterus that got removed, right?” Brax questioned and Charlie nodded lightly. “So, we can still have a biological child together. If you are still producing fertile eggs then we can use my sperm, your egg and a surrogate to carry the child.”

“I don’t want another child,” Charlie sighed. “Even if I hadn’t had the hysterectomy, I’d still be saying that I don’t want another child. I have 4 children already and that’s more than enough,” Charlie said. “And anyways what’s to say that I am still producing fertile eggs?”

“Well if you are not you can get drug treatment for a couple of weeks to help in the production of them,” Brax answered. “I’ve looked it all up and it’s possible. You’d have to have minor surgery under anaesthesia to retrieve them, but don’t you think it’ll all be worth it when we have a little baby and the end of this?”

“So you’d really be happy for me to go through all that?” Charlie questioned. “Drug treatment and anaesthesia?”

“If it meant -”

“And who’s to say the IVF would work?” Charlie questioned. “And it’ll no doubt cost a lot of money. Which we don’t have coming in at the moment with both of us out of work and the insurance still to pay out so we can start up the new restaurant,” Charlie shook her head. “Brax if you don’t recall, I’ve already had a child so I wouldn’t lose you. I got pregnant, and ended up with twins, so I already have two more children than I originally planned on having, why can’t you just be happy with what we have?”

“Because we have a lot of love to give and I think another child would be lucky to have us.”

“Yeah, no doubt it would, but why can’t we just give all the love we have to the children we already have?” Charlie questioned. “Is this because you want a biological son or -”

“No,” Brax shook his head. “I love Jacob just as much as I love the girls, he’s great and Ruby is an amazing step-daughter and I love the 4 kids that we do have, but -”

“Then surely that’s enough,” Charlie exhaled. “Brax, I don’t want to argue about this. We have been through so much together, you know, with Casey’s death and you turning to drink and ending up in rehab, the whole mess with you possibly being Bella’s father, the kids being taken from us because of Liam, all the Ryan mess, the stuff with Heath….finally we are happy and things are going good for us, please don’t ruin that with talk of wanting more children because it’s something that I don’t want, ever.”

Brax exhaled lightly. He knew he would never change Charlie’s mind on this. “Your mind is pretty made up, huh?”

“Yeah,” Charlie nodded as she felt a tear forming in her eyes. “But if this is something that you feel so strongly about and really want, then…” Charlie trailed off. “Maybe you should go find that woman that will have your children.”

“What are you saying?” Brax rubbed the side of his head, unsure as to what she was meaning.

“I mean you know where the door is,” Charlie sniffed back. “If more kids are that important to you, then you should go.”

“It’s not that important to give you up for,” Brax shook his head as he moved closer to Charlie in the bed. “Me and you are for life,” Brax took Charlie’s left hand into his and rubbed her wedding rings.

“And I’m not going anywhere.”

“Promise you won’t end up resenting me?” Charlie questioned as she looked up at Brax and wiped her hand over her eyes.

“I could never resent you,” Brax shook his head as he tucked her hair behind her ear. “We’ve discussed it and this is the best for us, no more children,” Charlie could hear the slight tone of sadness in his voice. “And you know, hopefully the adoption of Jacob goes through this time, and maybe that will ease my want of another child. You know when it’s official that he is legally my son.”

“I’m sorry.” Charlie bowed her head down sadly. Although this was something she was sure she didn’t want, she hated hurting Brax like she was.

“It’s fine,” Brax put on a weak smile. “It’s not fair to ask you to have a child just to make me happy. And you already done that with the twins,” Brax said. “And besides, me, you, Jacob and the twins, we have a pretty good life so I have so much joy anyways, I won’t miss another child being around. Especially once those girls hit their teen years,” Brax laughed. “Riley is going to cause us a lot of stress.”

Charlie laughed lightly. “Just wait till they start dating.”

“Hey, no boy is getting within 5 meters of my girls until they are at least 21.” Brax said seriously.

“Good luck with that.” Charlie replied and Brax laughed lightly before placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

It was now the weekend, and as promised Charlie had taken the girls to the zoo, with Brax also going to the city to take Jacob to the aquarium. Charlie paid to get into the zoo, before the girls ran off before her, each of the running in different directions. “Riley Mae and Paige Louise,” Charlie raised her voice and the girls stopped where they were immediately. They knew when they got middle named mummy meant business. “Come here now,” The girls turned around and ran back over to their mother. Charlie bent down to her daughters’ level and gave them a stern look. “Now, you have to stay close to mummy okay, because it’s a busy place and we don’t want to lose you, do we?”

“No mummy.” Paige shook her head.

“Hmm,” Riley scratched her head. “Maybe.”

“Even you wouldn’t like to be lost,” Charlie said as she ruffled her hair before standing up. “Right, where to first?” Charlie wondered as Paige took one of her hands and Riley took the other.

“The Koala’s.” Paige grinned as she gave a little skip of excitement.

“No,” Riley shook her head. “The bugs house.”

Charlie shuddered knowing she would have to make a trip there at one point in the day. “Mummy, Jacob said the gorilla would get us.” Paige spoke with fear in her voice as she looked up to her mother.

Jacob just likes to bug you girls,” Charlie answered. “The gorillas won’t get out and get you.” Charlie said and Paige nodded understandingly.

“No, we said the sharks get him,” Riley giggled. “He no nice so we not.” Riley shook her head.

Charlie shook her head in amusement at her daughter. “Oh I know,” Paige said. “We go here first.”

Paige pointed to the zoo’s shop.

“Ah the gift shop,” Charlie exhaled knowing she wouldn’t get away without being in there. “Girls you’re supposed to go in there last.” Charlie answered, trying to walk away from the shop but the girls were pulling her closer.

“No,” Paige shook her head. “We take our toys to see the manimals with us.” Paige said as she looked up to Charlie and smiled sweetly.

“And who said you are getting anything?” Charlie questioned. “You both got something new last week.”

“Me,” Riley answered. “And you is nice and buy us stuff all them times.” Riley said as she let go of Charlie’s hand and ran towards the shop.

“Can we mummy?” Paige asked and Charlie exhaled lightly as she nodded her head. She didn’t really see she had a choice in the matter now. Paige cheered before she ran off following after her sister into the shop, with Charlie walking in behind them.

Jacob and Brax were walking through the aquarium, looking at the fish as they passed. “Dad can we camp out in the tree house tonight?” Jacob questioned. “Just me and you?”

“Eh, sure we can,” Brax smiled. Over the week Brax had got people in to build the tree house and all 3 of the kids were impressed with it. With a ladder to get up to it and a slide for a fun way down. “It’ll be fun.”

“Yeah,” Jacob nodded his head. “Just us boys.”

“Oooh you going to tell me all your secrets about your girlfriends?” Brax questioned and Jacob went slightly red as he shook his head.

“She’s just a friend,” Jacob said. “I’m too little for a girlfriend.” Jacob stopped at the big window and watched as the fish swimming around.

“So does she have a name?” Brax questioned.

“You know,” Jacob answered as he kept his face against the glass, watching the fish. “Megan.”

“Megan, of course,” Brax nodded. “Well mate nothing wrong with being friends first.” Brax smiled as he stood behind his son and placed his hands on his shoulders.

“Daddy, what’s that down there?” Jacob asked as he pointed to the seahorses at the bottom of the big tank.

“They are seahorses,” Brax answered. “Look pretty cool huh?”

“Yup,” Jacob nodded as he watched them swimming around. “Can you have pet seahorses? We could put one in the fish bowl at home with the fishes.”

“Nah,” Brax laughed lightly. “They need to stay in salt water.”

“Well we can put salt in the water at home.” Jacob looked up to Brax all serious.

“But your fish need fresh water,” Brax answered. “So I think you should just stick to having your fish.”

“Yeah,” Jacob exhaled. “Maybe I could just get a teddy seahorse or something?” Jacob questioned. “If I am getting anything from the shop?” Jacob gave Brax a cheeky grin.

“I’m sure we can get you something.” Brax smiled as he ruffled his son’s hair.

“Thanks dad, love you,” Jacob smiled as he gave him a hug. “I’m having so much fun today.”

“I’m having a good time too,” Brax answered as he bent down to his son’s level. “And I love you too, so much, you know that right?” Brax questioned and Jacob nodded. “And no matter what happens these next few months, I’m always going to be daddy, okay?”

“Yeah,” Jacob screwed his face up. “Of course silly.”

Brax gave a little laugh. “Right, let’s go see the sharks being fed, yeah?” Brax said as he stood up and looked down at his watch. Jacob nodded as he took Brax’s hand and the pair of them walked down the aquarium to where the sharks were.

“Girls we’ve been in here for ages,” Charlie sighed lightly. “C’mon, we came here to see the animals, not stay in the shop all day.”

“I’ve picked,” Paige said as she held the koala teddy up from her mother to see. “My Koala.”

“Good, that’s lovely,” Charlie smiled. “Right Riley, c’mon, what do you want?”

“Them too many nice ones,” Riley answered as she sighed. “I don’t know.”

“This one nice Riley,” Paige said as she picked up a little ladybug teddy. “Like your other one.”

“Oh yeah,” Riley grinned as she took the little ladybug from her sister. “It a baby one. I want this.”

“Okay, sorted,” Charlie breathed a little sigh of relief. “Let’s get these paid for.” Charlie walked over to the till and paid for the girls’ teddies before going outside, and starting to walk around the zoo. They stopped outside the lions house, and Paige and Riley climbed up the fencing to get a better look.

“Thems look cool,” Riley’s eyes widened. “Like them ones in The Lion King.”

“Yeah,” Charlie answered. “They do don’t they?”

“Is them names Nala and Simba and Mufasa and Scar?” Paige questioned.

Riley giggled. “Look at that one,” Riley pointed to a male lion, who’s mane had darkened and he had a scar on his face from fighting. “It’s Scar.”

“Wow mummy,” Paige’s eyes widened. “How did they get Scar?”

“I don’t know,” Charlie shook her head. “They must just be a very lucky zoo.”

“Yeah,” Riley nodded. “Could we get a pet lion?”

“Oh I don’t think so,” Charlie shook her head. “I don’t think a lion would make a good pet.”

“He be friends with Milo,” Paige said as she looked up to her mother.

“Uhm, we could ride it?” Riley said as she also looked up to Charlie.

“You want to ride a lion?” Charlie screwed her face up. “You are supposed to ride ponies.”

“Wow, a pony,” Paige smiled. “Can I get a pet pony?”

“What is it with you kids wanting a pet of every animal you see or talk about?” Charlie questioned.

“We like all the manimal’s,” Riley answered. “Can we get a lion then?”

“No, lions aren’t pets,” Charlie shook her head. “C’mon let’s go see the monkeys.” Charlie held her hands out and the girls jumped down from the fence and took her hands, before they walked off to see the next animal.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Red Ranger 1, CharlieAndBraxLover, Sarah, pembie, Spotd1, Zoe and Freakie42 for the comments. :wub: Freakie42 – Yes, that comment was made in relation to the adoption, sorry if it wasn’t clear. This chapter skips forward a few months in time.

Chapter 192

Brax was sitting in the kitchen, looking over some paperwork for the building of the new restaurant. “Oh God all this stuff is stressing me out,” Brax put the pen down on the table as he ran his hands through his hair. “How did Angelo do all this?”

“Hey, it’s almost done,” Charlie said as she picked up the envelope from the worktop and walked over him. “And look what arrived in the post today.” Charlie smiled as she handed Brax the envelope. He looked up to Charlie before looking back down and tearing the envelope open.

“Jacob’s new passport,” Brax grinned as he opened it up and read his sons name. Jacob Braxton. “It sounds so great, doesn’t it?” Brax smiled. “Jacob Braxton.”

“Yeah,” Charlie smiled. “He’ll be stoked when we show him that.”

“Yeah,” Brax smiled, happy that he had now legally adopted Jacob. Come the end of August the agency got in touch with Brax, and after a couple of meetings between Brax, Jacob and the lady from the agency, in late September, Brax got the paperwork saying that the adoption of Jacob had been successful. “I so thought for a moment it wasn’t going to go be a yes,” Brax said recalling when he got the news back in September. “She was asking so many questions and I so thought I’d stuffed it up.”

“Aww,” Charlie rubbed his arm. “I had faith in you,” Charlie smiled. “As soon as I knew most of the decision would be based on how you two were together, there was no doubt in my mind that it would be anything but a yes.”

Brax gave her a thankful smile. “So you also have faith that we’ll get this restaurant open in time?” Brax questioned. The money took longer than expected to come through, so now, in mid-November, they were still doing the finishing touches, although the place was set to open on Saturday night, now only 4 days away.

“Yup,” Charlie nodded her head. “Because we have helpers coming in today with us.” Charlie answered.

“Oh yeah?” Brax questioned. “And who are those helpers?”

“Leah, VJ, Bianca, Xavier, Rubes, Dex, April and of course the little ones.” Charlie answered.

“So, Ruby who is due to drop in a week, April who is 6 months pregnant and 5 kids aged 7 and under?” Brax screwed his face up, unimpressed.

“And Leah, Bianca, VJ, Dex and Xav,” Charlie added. “So yes, maybe Rubes and April won’t can do much and the kids will probably be more of a hindrance than a help, but the guys and Leah and Bianca will be of help.”

“Yeah,” Brax answered. “Might actually give Robert and a few of the wait staff a call, see if they can help, but it is short notice so we will see.”

“Yeah, worth a try,” Charlie smiled as she looked down to her watch. “Right, I’m going to get Jacob from school, you want me to take the girls with me or will you take them in?”

“I’ll bring them in,” Brax answered. “I shouldn’t be much longer, so I’ll see you there.”

“Right,” Charlie placed a soft kiss on Brax’s lips before picking her car keys up from the hanger. “See you soon.” Charlie smiled before she left the house.

Ruby and April were sitting at a table, putting the menus into the holders, the only job that Xavier and Dexter would allow the girls to do. It didn’t involve any heavy lifting, not much movement. “So, how’s the last few days of pregnancy treating you?” April questioned as she slipped a bit of paper into the holder.

Ruby groaned. “I’m uncomfy, I need to pee every 5 minutes, Xavier is doing my head in every time I as much as put my hand anywhere near my stomach he freaks out thinking I’ve gone into labour, I just...” Ruby exhaled. “I’ll be glad when Grace is finally here, let’s put it that way.”

“So, I’ve got a lot to look forward to then?” April gave a small laugh.

“Oh yeah,” Ruby answered. “So, how about you? How you feeling?”

“I feel great,” April answered. “Physically, that is,” April added. “Mentally, I don’t think I am doing as well. I’m still freaking out over being able to keep things clean and in order once baby gets here.”

“It’ll all be fine.” Ruby said positively.

“Hopefully.” April sighed as she rubbed her stomach, just as Dexter and Xavier walked across to the table where they were sitting with a glass of water for them.

“Best to keep hydrated, right?” Dex smiled and April nodded as she took a drink of water.

“You too Rubes,” Xavier said as he pushed the glass closer to her. Ruby rolled her eyes before taking a drink of the water. “So, you two never did say if you found out what the sex was?”

“We didn’t,” Dex shook his head. “We want it to be a surprise.”

“Well,” April cleared her throat. “I know what we are having.”

“What, April how could you?” Dex questioned. “I thought we agreed on a surprise? You know, that we’d find out if we were having a little Ernest Hemmingway Scott-Walker or Catherine of Aragon Scott-Walker?”

April rolled her eyes. “For the millionth time I will not call my son Ernest Hemmingway, although I do like Catherine, minus the Aragon part.” April answered.

“But you know,” Dex sounded in a way betrayed. “We decided to not find out.”

“I didn’t mean too,” April answered. “But I’m a newly qualified Doctor, I can understand those things and I just accidently saw what I wasn’t supposed to at the last scan. At least I am keeping it a secret from you.”

“Well you may as well tell me if you know,” Dex answered. “So, is it an Ernest or a Catherine?”

“Neither,” April shook her head. “Because I don’t actually want to call my children that.”

“I thought you said you liked Catherine?” Xavier questioned.

“I do, but I don’t like it enough to name my daughter that,” April answered. “And do you really want to know?” April looked around at Dex as she spoke. “Because I don’t want to tell you then have you annoyed me for spoiling it for you for the next 3 months.”

“I don’t want to know, but because you know, I want to know.” Dexter said as he looked up to a confused April.

She exhaled lightly. “Okay, we are having a little -”

“Wait,” Dex slapped his hand over April’s mouth. “I don’t want to know,” Dex shook his head. “I’m going to finish over there,” Dex pointed over to where he was setting up. “Be careful with our little one.” Dex smiled as he rubbed April’s tummy before placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

“I’ll head back too,” Xavier said as he stood up. “The slightest twinge and you give me a shout okay?”

“Yes dear,” Ruby rolled her eyes as Xavier gave her a soft kiss on the lips before leaving the girls too it. “So, Miss April, spill.” Ruby said.

“No,” April shook her head. “I can’t let you know if Dex doesn’t.”

“How can you keep it quiet?” Ruby questioned. “When we found out we were having a girl we couldn’t wait to tell people.”

“Because, for Dex I need to keep it quiet.” April said as she rubbed her stomach. “Besides I kind of like being the only one who knows what this little one is,” April grinned. “Well me and my doctor and the ultrasound technician.” April added.

“So you won’t even tell your best ever friend?” Ruby pouted. “The parent of your Goddaughter?”

“You cannot tell Xavier,” April spoke quietly as she looked over to the direction of the boys. “Or let on to Dex that you know, okay?” April said and Ruby nodded her head. “I’m having a -”

“Ruby did you see this today?” Jacob cut April off as he ran over to her excitedly with his new passport. “I really is a Braxton now.” Jacob grinned from ear to ear as he sat on the chair next to his sister.

“Wow,” Ruby smiled. “That’s great,” Ruby ruffled his hair before she looked down to his passport. “Jacob Braxton. I love the sound of that.”

“Me too,” Jacob answered. “You like it April?”

“I do,” April nodded as Jacob handed the passport to her. “Jacob Braxton sounds super cool.”

“Yeah, but don’t tell mummy that daddy brought the passport to show me cos she say I’ll lose it and get mad.” Jacob said and the girls laughed lightly. “Can I help you Ruby?”

“Of course you can,” Ruby smiled as she handed a pile of the menus to Jacob. “You need to put them very neatly into here okay.” Ruby said and Jacob nodded understandingly as he got to work.

Friday night had arrived, and the restaurant was ready just in time for the grand re-opening. Alf, Marilyn, Roo, Sid, Gina, John, Leah, VJ, Bianca and kids, Dexter and April had been invited to a special meal, before the restaurant opened to the public on the Saturday. Charlie was walking around with glasses of champagne for everyone, while Brax was busy making sure things in the kitchen went smoothly under the first night of Tara being the new head chef, and Xavier, who he’d given the sous chef job, was hard at work, wanting everything to be perfect, giving that for him it was more than just a job, it was his families – by marriage of course - restaurant. Riley, Paige and Bella were busy keeping most of the guests entertained, while Jacob and Ash were talking to Bianca. “So, Ruby,” Dex said. “You must be close to your due date now, no?” Dex questioned as he ran his hand around the stem of the champagne glass.

“Mmm,” Ruby nodded as she rubbed her stomach. “3 days till my due day so really I could go any day now,” Ruby answered. “Xavier is so freaked out. He’s brought the hospital bag with him tonight.” Ruby gave a small laugh.

“Well she would just be stealing the show if she came at the grand re-opening of the restaurant,” Dex replied. “Then we know she would turn into a right drama queen like her mother.”

“Hey.” Ruby hit Dex’s shoulder, offended.

“Well you were known to be a bit of a diva back when you were off singing around the world.”

“No, no,” Ruby shook her head. “I wasn’t bad at all.”

“Not what I read in the magazines.” Dex laughed.

“Well Dexter, you don’t always believe what you read in those magazines.” Ruby answered.

“Did a magazine offer you money for baby pictures?” April questioned before taking a drink of her orange juice.

“Mm yeah,” Ruby nodded. “Quiet a nice amount too, but I turned it down. She’s my baby, not something I had to make money from.”

“You could have given us the money for a baby present.” Dex grinned cheekily.

“Ha, you should be so lucky.” Ruby shook her head.

“Do you miss the singing?” Dex questioned and Ruby nodded.

“I do,” Ruby said. “I sorta kinda maybe fancy going back soon, actually. To the singing. I don’t know if I would join the band again, they’ve kinda fizzled out since I left, but maybe some solo stuff.”

“And what does Xavier think of this?” April questioned.

“I haven’t spoken to him about it yet,” Ruby shook her head. “But it is my career, he can’t be mad at me for wanting to go back to singing.”

“But you’re about to drop,” Dex said as he pointed to Ruby’s stomach. “Don’t you think you’ll be a bit busy with a baby?”

“Well I don’t mean next month,” Ruby sighed. “I just mean one day.”

“If everyone wants to take their seats, dinner is about to be served.” Brax said nervously as he walked out of the kitchen. Dex walked over to the table and sat down as the others did the same, but Ruby took hold of April’s hand and pulled her back.

“You didn’t get the chance to tell me what the baby was the other day,” Ruby said, with a flash of wonderment in her eye. “So?”

“Later,” April said as the waiters brought the food over to the table. “Let’s eat first. I am starving.” April and Ruby waddled over to the table and took a seat, as Charlie walked over to the bar where Brax was preparing some jugs of ice cold water for the table. She put the champagne tray down on the bar, before wrapping her arms around his waist from behind.

“You ready to run this restaurant together babe?” Charlie spoke softly as she rubbed his chest.

“More than ever,” Brax smiled as he turned around and wrapped his arms around her waist and placed a soft kiss on her lips. “Love you.”

“Love you too,” Charlie smiled before she picked up two glasses of champagne and handed one to Brax. “To the restaurant.” Charlie and Brax smiled as they clinked their glasses together, before taking a drink. They both choked on the champagne as the figure walked into the restaurant.

“Can anyone join this party or is it invitation only?” The voice said as everyone at the table looked over in shock, surprised at who they saw.

Thanks everyone for the comments. :wub:

Chapter 193

Bella looked up to the man standing at the doorway and screwed her face up, unsure as to whether it was him or not. “Papà?” Bella jumped down from the chair and ran over to him.

“Hey Princess,” Liam smiled as he picked her up into a hug. He held onto her tightly and breathed in her sweet smell, something he hadn’t been able to do in so long. “Daddy missed you so much.”

“I miss you too.” Bella said as she pulled her head back and looked at his face, tracing her hand around his cheek.

Liam looked up at the table and saw the glares he was getting from everyone, he looked up to Charlie and Brax who were standing at the bar, their mouths open slightly, shocked that he had returned. Finally, he set his eyes on Bianca. His ex-fiancée, but the woman he loved more than anything in this world. He was sober, clean and ready to fight to have her back by his side. “Hey babe,” Liam smiled as he walked over to her, placing Bella back down on the ground, who jumped excitedly at seeing her daddy again. “How have you been?”

“How have you been?” Bianca laughed lightly. “That’s what you’ve got to say?”

“He back,” Bella grinned. “He is mamma.”

“Sit back down and finish your dinner.” Bianca instructed as she looked down at her daughter.

“I see Papà,” Bella said as she pulled on Liam’s hand.

“Bella, now,” Bianca said sternly and Bella ran back to her seat, doing as she was told. “You should probably just leave,” Bianca looked back to Liam. “Now’s not the best time.”

“I’ve not seen my kids for 6 months,” Liam answered. “So, if it’s alright with you, I’ll see them now,” Liam said before crouching down in front of Ash. “Hey bud, how have you been?”

Liam went to ruffle his hair but Ash moved away from him. “No, you stay away from me.” Ash shouted before he stood up from the chair and ran out to the balcony.

“Ash.” Liam went to walk out after him but Bianca stood up from the chair and pulled Liam back.

“You heard him,” Bianca said. “He wants you to stay away from him.” Bianca walked out to the balcony, as everyone else in the room just sat there, staring at Liam, surprised that he was back already as he was supposed to have a year of his sentence still to do. Charlie exhaled lightly as she waked out of the bar and over to where he was standing.

“This is actually invitation only, so you should leave.” Charlie said.

“C’mon Charlie,” Liam gave a little laugh. “We’re friends.”

“No, no,” Charlie shook her head. “We stopped being friends the day that your stupidity almost killed my daughter, so I suggest you leave my restaurant.”

“Your restaurant?” Liam questioned. “I’ll think you’ll find its Brax’s place.”

“I’ll think you’ll find it’s ours,” Brax said as he walked up behind Charlie. “And she’s asked you to leave, so...” Brax trailed off as he pointed to the door. Liam exhaled lightly as he looked to the table of guests, who were all still sitting quiet, deciding that was the best thing to do.

“I don’t get why you are all being so frosty with me,” Liam said. “So I did some stupid things but I’ve gone and got it sorted.”

“You can’t just rock up and expect everything to be perfect,” Brax answered. “Now just go.”

Liam exhaled lightly as he rubbed his forehead before he left the restaurant. Charlie pursed her lips together as she turned around to face the table. “So, how is everything so far?” Charlie questioned, determined Liam’s surprise return wasn’t going to put a dampener on the evening.

Ruby was sitting in her living room, banging her head ever so softly on the back of the couch as she rubbed her stomach. “Why are you banging your head?” Xavier questioned as he handed Ruby the cup of tea.

“Because I want the baby to come.” Ruby answered as she took a drink of the raspberry leaf tea, which she had read could trigger labour. Ruby was now 9 days overdue, and desperate for the baby to come, not only because she wanted to meet her daughter, but because she was feeling increasingly uncomfortable.

“And banging your head against the couch is supposed to help with this?” Xavier questioned and Ruby shook her head.

“Well no, but, shut up, okay,” Ruby sighed. “You don’t have to go through this so you don’t know how I feel.”

“Well we are here trying to get it started,” Xavier said as he looked down to the coffee table and pointed to where the pineapple chunks, whole chilli’s and castor oil lay, each of them supposedly being said to kick staring labour. “We’ve tried all those, and we’ve been on long walks, so hopefully today is the day.”

Ruby exhaled lightly as she shook her head. “We’ve tried the pineapple and the spicy food for the last week,” Ruby sighed. “It won’t work.”

“Try again.” Xavier said as he picked up a chilli and handed it to Ruby. She sighed lightly as she took a bite.

“There is one other thing we haven’t tried,” Ruby said as she continued to eat the chilli, the heat not having much effect on her. “Xav this isn’t even that hot.”

“It’s a whole chilli how can it not be hot?” Xavier questioned.

“I like food spicy,” Ruby sighed as she put the chilli down on the table. “And it’s sex, by the way. The other thing that is supposed to bring on labour. We should do that.”

Xavier shook his head. “We can’t.”

“We can,” Ruby rolled her eyes. “We only got told not to have sex when I had placenta previa and we were told at the last scan that that fixed itself, so we can, please Xavier, please. You did this to me, so the least you can do is help finish it off.”

“No,” Xavier shook his head. “I don’t want to hurt the baby, so sorry, but keep trying this.” Xavier lifted the bowl of pineapple up for Ruby to take some.

“I don’t want pineapple, damn it Xavier.” Ruby shouted as she pushed herself up from the couch.

“Ruby where are you going?” Xavier questioned.

“For a walk,” Ruby said as she walked out of their house, with Xavier running after her. “And I want to go myself so don’t even bother coming with me.”

“I am not leaving you on your own when you are 9 days overdue.” Xavier said.

“Well I’m only walking to mum’s so she’ll be there for me.” Ruby spat before slamming the front door shut in his face and walking the short distance to her mother’s house. “Hello,” Ruby shouted as she walked into the house. “Hello?” Ruby shouted once again.

“Rubes, hey,” Brax smiled as he appeared in the hall. “Still pregnant?”

Ruby groaned as she hugged her step-father. “Happy Birthday. It would have been a good idea to bring your present with me eh.”

Brax laughed lightly. “Not like I won’t see you again.” Brax smiled as they walked down the hall and into the kitchen.

“Where’s mum?” Ruby questioned as she took a banana from the fruit bowl and peeled it open.

“She’s working.” Brax answered.

“On your birthday?” Ruby exhaled. “That’s not very good.”

“She’s only in till 3,” Brax answered. “Then she said she has stuff planned for me.”

“Oh I see.” Ruby smiled, as she rubbed her stomach feeling an uncomfortable twinge.

“You okay?” Brax questioned as he saw the look of discomfort on her face.

“Fine,” Ruby replied. “So, how does it feel to be 36?” Ruby laughed.

“The same as 35 so far.” Brax answered.

“So what did the birthday boy get?” Ruby questioned.

“Nothing so far,” Brax answered. “Well breakfast in bed and homemade cards from the kids.” Brax gave a little laugh.

“Speaking of the kids, where are they?” Ruby asked. “It’s awfully quiet in here.”

“Well its 10am on a Friday, so Jacob is at school, eh.” Brax answered.

“Of course,” Ruby laughed. “Baby brain, I blame baby brain. So, what about the twins cos I still remember they don’t go to school.”

“They are starting Kindergarten in January so they are there for a visit,” Brax answered. “And that reminds me I need to pick them up at 11 so thanks for that,” Brax smiled. “Guess I can’t blame baby brain?”

“Nah that’s just old age I am afraid.” Ruby laughed before once again rubbing her stomach as she gasped in pain.

“Ruby.” Brax ran over to her and put his hand on her shoulder.

“I think my waters just broke,” Ruby looked up to Brax, a look of fear in her eyes. “Brax I’m scared. I know I’ve been wanting this for over a week now but now it’s here, I’m not ready. I don’t want it to happen yet.”

“Hey, hey,” Brax took Ruby’s hands into his hand squeezed them in comfort. “It’s okay. We’ll get to the hospital, and they’ll help you through it. Just take a deep breath, relax. You’re going to do great.” Brax said as he led Ruby out to his car.

Xavier was holding Ruby’s hand as she lay in the bed, breathing through her contractions. Although the baby was 9 days late, it was now coming out fast. Her waters had only broken an hour ago and she was already almost at the pushing stage. “I think I need to push.” Ruby gritted her teeth together as she looked at the doctor.

The doctor checked her, and nodded lightly. “It is time,” the doctor smile. “Okay, so when you’re ready.” The doctor smile as Ruby looked nervously up at Xavier.

“We’re going to have our baby soon,” Xavier smiled lightly as he placed a soft kiss on her forehead, before Ruby dug her chin into her chest as gave a big push. “You’re doing great babe.” Xavier smiled as he rubbed her forehead.

“Maybe that caesarean doesn’t sound so bad now,” Ruby said before letting out a groan of discomfort. “Xav I can’t, I can’t do this.”

“Yes, you can,” Xavier smiled encouragingly. “Think about little Grace, she’ll be here soon and all this will be worth it.”

“You can’t say that,” Ruby shook her head. “You don’t know pain like this.” Ruby said before letting out another push.

“I know, but the pain won’t last must longer.” Xavier said softly, but Ruby wasn’t listening, she was too busy trying to push the baby out.

“You’re crowning,” The doctor smiled. “You’ll have your baby in your arms before you know it.”

Ruby gave a few more pushes as Xavier watched in amazement as he saw his child being born. “Oh God Rubes, she’s coming, she’s really coming.” Xavier smiled down at her before looking back down as screams from their child filled the room.

“Congratulations.” The doctor smiled.

Xavier did a double look at his baby. “What? I think the wrong kind came out.” Xavier said as he looked to the doctor confused.

“What are you talking about?” Ruby questioned as she looked down to the baby who was being placed on her chest. “Uhm, why does my daughter have boy parts?” Ruby looked confused as she looked up at an equally confused Xavier.

“You weren’t expecting a boy then?” The doctor questioned.

“No,” Xavier shook his head as he was offered to cut the cord, before the midwife took the baby away to get him cleaned up. “We were told it was a girl.”

“Oh, well I guess you just had a shy little boy.” The doctor said as the midwife returned with the baby, handing him down to Ruby. She smiled as she looked down at her gorgeous little boy.

“We have a son.” Ruby pursed her lips together as she looked up to Xavier, who’s eyes were glued to his baby’s face.

“He’s gorgeous,” Xavier smiled. “You’re alright with a son?”

“Of course,” Ruby smiled as she gently rubbed her baby’s cheek with her finger. “But I think Grace is out of the question for a name now.”

“Yeah, but we’ll think of something.” Xavier smiled before placing a soft kiss on Ruby’s forehead before looking down adoringly at his new-born son.

Thank you all for the comments.

Chapter 194

“He is so gorgeous,” Charlie smiled as she looked down at her grandson. “I guess you’re not going with Grace anymore?” Charlie questioned as she looked briefly up at her daughter before setting her eyes back on the baby.

“No,” Ruby shook her head. “I don’t have a clue what we’ll call him though; it took us so long to agree on Grace, God knows how long it’ll take us to get a name for this little guy.”

“Aww you’ll get something,” Charlie smiled as the door opened and Brax and the twins walked in, Riley holding a little blue teddy bear for the new baby. “Hey, girls, what did you pick for the baby?”

“This little one.” Riley smiled as she climbed up onto the chair next to her mother.

“She’s pretty.” Paige smiled as she looked at the baby from Brax’s arms.

“It’s a boy,” Xavier told her. “Not a girl.”

“I knows it was a boy,” Riley smiled. “I did.”

You did,” Ruby answered. “You kept saying it was a boy but we kept correcting you. Clever you eh.”

“Yeah,” Riley giggled as she handed Ruby the teddy. “What him name?”

“He doesn’t have one yet,” Xavier answered. “Maybe you girls could help us?”

“Just little boy,” Riley smiled as she looked down at him, sleeping peacefully in Charlie’s arms. “He be my best friend.”

“Aww that’s sweet.” Xavier smiled.

“So how was kindy this morning?” Ruby questioned as she watched Brax and Paige cooing over her baby.

“Fun,” Riley answered. “We play in the sand pit.”

“Riley got in trouble.” Brax said and Charlie shot a look up to Brax.

“What?” Charlie questioned. “Already? She hasn’t even started properly yet. What could she possibly have done in a two hour visit?”

“She push a boy down.” Paige answered. “She did mummy.”

“Riley what did you do that for?” Charlie questioned.

“Well he push Paige first,” Riley answered. “I no let them do that.”

“Aww she was looking out for her sister, that’s sweet,” Ruby smiled down at them before she let out a yawn. “Well besides pushing people down, did you have a fun time?”

“I did,” Riley nodded. “It going to be good.”

“It’s okay,” Paige sighed. “But I liked playing at home more. With mummy and Riley and Bella.”

“Aww I’m sure once you start going every day you’ll have lots of fun.” Xavier said and Paige sighed as she moved her hair from in front of her face.

“I work at resterant no school,” Paige shook her head. “Ay daddy?”

“Afraid not sweetheart, you need to go to school.” Brax answered.

“Mummy?” Paige grinned at her mother. She’d surely have her back.

“Afraid daddy is right pumpkin,” Charlie answered. “You need to go to school.”

“Paige, kindy is lots of fun,” Ruby said with a yawn. “You get to play with kids your age, you know, you can paint, and draw, and read books, and play in the sand pit or with the water, you get to bake...kindergarten is lots of fun.”

“Hmmm.” Paige sighed unsure, before Ruby once again let out a yawn.

“We’ll leave for a while,” Charlie said as she handed the baby back to Xavier. “Let you get a little bit rest.” Charlie said as she stood up from the chair and placed a kiss on her daughter’s forehead before she Brax and the twins left the room.

Charlie poured the paint into the tray before looking around to her husband and exhaled lightly. “I’m sorry your birthday is ruined.”

“What, it’s not ruined,” Brax shook his head. “What would make you say that?”

“Well I’ve cancelled the dinner and stuff because of Ruby having the baby and me saying that we need to get this room sorted for the baby coming home.”

“Well I agree that we can’t let that little boy come home to a pink nursery with wrong name on the wall,” Brax answered. “And I did get a pretty cool birthday present,” Brax smiled. “I mean how many people can say that their first grandson was born on their birthday?”

“You know that’s not your actual present?” Charlie answered. “I couldn’t plan that.”

“I know,” Brax laughed as he put the roller down against the wall. “But it’s still pretty cool that I get to share the day with the little guy.”

“Yeah,” Charlie smiled lightly as she walked closer to Brax. “But I promise I’ll make it up to you. Next weekend.”

“You just need to make it up to me tonight in the bedroom,” Brax winked and Charlie laughed lightly as she wrapped her arms around him, and placed a soft kiss his lips. “Or let’s not wait till tonight.” Brax whispered before kissed her neck.

“Mmm, no,” Charlie pulled herself back. “We are in my daughters house, we can’t,” Charlie shook her head. “And it’s the middle of the day, and the kids are down the stairs watching a movie.”

“Exactly, watching a movie. They’ll not bother us.” Brax smiled as his hand found its way to her bottom.

“Mmm cheeky,” Charlie pulled herself away as she hit his chest. “We are going to paint this room for our grandson.”

“Okay,” Brax smiled as he picked up the roller, and painted over the light pink of the nursery with a light green colour. “There was still some white paint in the garage, right?” Brax questioned.

“I think so, why?” Charlie questioned, as she started to roll the paint onto the wall.

“Well they’re not calling their son Grace so we need to get rid of the name on the wall.” Brax answered.

“Oh of course,” Charlie nodded. “I think there is, yeah,” Charlie answered. “I’ll need to get all the dresses and girls clothes swapped for boys ones too.”

“You think you’ll can do that?” Brax questioned. “Just go into the shop and swap them?”

“I don’t see why not,” Charlie answered. “Unless she already ripped the tags off,” Charlie pursed her lips together as she put the roller down and walked over to the wardrobe, and pulled out some on the dresses. “The labels are still on,” Charlie smiled lightly. “I’m sure if we just explain to the shops what happened then they’ll change them for me.”

“Can always give it a shot,” Brax replied. “And if not maybe April will have a girl so she can have the clothes.

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded as she continued to take out all the girls clothes from the wardrobe as Brax continued to paint the walls a more suitable colour for a little boy.

Xavier took the car seat from the car, as Ruby got out the other side. He looked down at his two day old son and grinned, he had the same big expressive green eyes as his mother did, the same cute little button nose. He was adorable. They walked up into the house, glad to be out of the hospital. “Nice to be home, huh?” Xavier smiled, glad that Ruby had gotten home, for the past two nights alone the big house made him feel lonely.

“Yeah,” Ruby answered quietly. “Although kinda scary because now it’s us and him.”

“He’s not an axe murderer sweetie, he’s our son.” Xavier said as he placed the car seat down on the coffee table and lifted his son out into his arms.

“I know but at the hospital we had help and now it’s just us two. First time parents,” Ruby sighed as she sat down on the couch, feeling herself welling up with tears as her son whimpered in Xavier’s arms, before breaking out into an ear piercing scream. “See we need to deal with that alone.” Ruby said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“Shhh,” Xavier rocked his son in his arms. “It’s alright babe, we can do it. Maybe he’s hungry.”

“He’s not,” Ruby shook her head. “I just fed him before we left the hospital.” Ruby’s voice broke as more tears started rolling down her cheeks.

“Hey, sweetie, you don’t need to cry,” Xav wiped her face with his thumb as he rocked his crying son in his other arm. “It’s okay, we’ll work it out. Maybe he just needs a nappy change. C’mon we’ll go up to the nursery and see.”

“You mean the pink nursery that says Grace on the wall?” Ruby cried. “We can’t even get that right for him.”

“We thought he was going to be a girl,” Xavier said as he continued to rock his crying son in his arm. “And we’ll change it as soon as we get the chance,” Ruby nodded lightly as she wiped the tears from her eyes. Xavier held his hand out and Ruby took it into hers and stood up from the couch, following Xavier up the stairs and into the nursery. As he pushed the door open, Ruby and Xavier both opened their mouth in shock that the pink room was now a lovely shade of green. “They must have changed it for us.” Xavier smiled as he looked around to Ruby, who once again had a tear rolling down her cheek. He exhaled lightly as he placed his son down on the changing table, before unbutton the little white baby grow he was wearing.

“They’ve changed all the clothes too,” Ruby cried as she looked at Xavier from the wardrobe. “Replaced dresses for little dungarees and replaced pink for blue,” Ruby’s tears became heavier as she pulled out a little light blue and dark blue stripy baby grow from the wardrobe.

“They’re great grandparents already, eh.” Xavier smiled as he changed his son’s nappy, this stopping his crying. Ruby nodded as she shut the wardrobe and walked over to the chest of drawers where a new teddy lay, with a little note leaning against it. Couldn’t let the baby come home to a pink nursery and girl’s clothes, hope you like the new colour, love Mum and Brax. Ruby smiled lightly as she walked over to Xavier who was about to button up his sons baby grow.

“I want to put this one on him.” Ruby said as she sniffed back the tears. Xavier took it from her and changed his son, before lifting him up into his arms, placing a soft kiss on his forehead. He looked up to Ruby, who still had tears rolling down her cheeks. He exhaled lightly before walking over to the cot, and placing his son down, before opening his arms out. Ruby walked over to him and fell into his arms, the tears still rolling down her cheeks.

“It’s alright,” Xavier rubbed her back as he kissed her head. “Now, we need to get a name for the little guy, don’t you think?” Xavier questioned and Ruby nodded lightly as she pulled back from the hug, and looked into the cot at her son who was falling asleep.

Thank you all so much. :wub:

Chapter 195

“So, how is it going working at the restaurant?” Bianca questioned as Charlie put the coffee cups down on the table and took a seat opposite her friend.

“It’s going fine,” Charlie smiled. “Although the since the baby was born on Friday I haven’t really been anywhere else but the hospital, so I’m giving them space today,” Charlie answered. “He’s coming home.”

“Aww that’s nice,” Bianca smiled. “Bit of a shock getting a boy though.” Bianca said and Charlie nodded.

“Oh yeah, but he is gorgeous, looks like Ruby I think,” Charlie smiled as she thought about her grandson. “But not the only one who got a shock recently,” Charlie answered. “How has it been with Liam being home?” Charlie questioned. It was the first time she had seen her friend in the two weeks since the restaurant opened, with Charlie busy working at the restaurant that seemed busier since it had been redone, than before, so they hadn’t had the chance to talk about it yet.

Bianca groaned. “He’s been around a lot, wanting to see the kids, wanting to talk about us getting back together,” Bianca shook her head as she wrapped her hands around the coffee cup. “I dunno, I mean in a way I am happy he is back, but then I’m not, you know.”

“Well it’s not going to be easy right away,” Charlie answered. “How’s Ash coping with him being back? He didn’t seem pleased to see him.”

“He’s not,” Bianca answered. “He doesn’t talk to him. Actually he mostly runs out of the room when Liam shows up,” Bianca pursed her lips together. “I don’t want him to be like that forever with him, he needs his dad and it’s important that he has a relationship with him, but at the same time I can’t force him to talk to him, can I?”

“Nah,” Charlie shook her head. “He’ll come around in his own time.”

Bianca gave a weak smile. “Bella is loving having him back,” Bianca told her friend. “He gets to see her at home when I am there. I can’t trust him yet to take her out without me being there.”

“That’s understandable,” Charlie answered. “And surely right now as long as Liam gets to see her, he should be happy with that. Technically you don’t need to let him see her at all; you know, I mean biologically she’s not his.”

“I know, and he does complain about it but it’s my way or no way as far as I am concerned.” Bianca said before taking a drink of her coffee.

“And for you and Liam?” Charlie questioned tentatively.

“I dunno,” Bianca shook her head. “I eh, sometimes when I look at him I....” Bianca trailed off. “Ash likes it being me, him and Bella and I don’t want to upset him and how he is with Liam right now I can’t...” Bianca once again trailed off.

“I get it,” Charlie gave her friend an empathetic smile. “You’ll just see what happens.”

“Ash isn’t the only one I’m concerned about,” Bianca spoke tentatively as she pursed her lips together. “You don’t like Liam either and I don’t blame you after what happened with Paige, but....you’re like my sister and I love you but part of me wants to take Liam back but I don’t want to lose you...” Bianca trailed off as she looked away from Charlie.

“Bianca, I....” Charlie exhaled. “I’m not Liam’s biggest fan, but I know that you love him and he makes you happy. I wouldn’t ask you not to date him and I certainly wouldn’t stop being friends with you if you did,” Charlie leaned forward as rubbed Bianca’s hand. “And maybe over time I could learn to be civil around him and me and Brax and you two can hang out and stuff when we manage to get rid of the kids for a night.”

“Yeah, maybe.” Bianca gave her friend a thankful smile as the kids ran into the kitchen, with Milo running in after them.

“Mummy Milo wants to see the baby.” Riley said as she climbed up onto Charlie’s knee.

“Oh he does?” Charlie questioned and Riley nodded.

“Yeah he say so ay?” Riley looked to the rest of the kids as she spoke.

“Si si.” Bella nodded.

“No,” Ash giggled. “Dogs can’t talk.”

“He can too,” Riley said as she glared at Ash. “He is clever.”

“No, he can’t talk.” Jacob giggled at his sister.

“Well we want to see the baby,” Paige said. “Can we go?”

“No,” Charlie shook her head. “We will leave Ruby and Xavier to settle into home with him, yeah?”

“Does he have a name yet?” Ash questioned and Charlie shook her head.

“Not as far as I know he doesn’t.” Charlie answered.

“Charlie are you the baby’s grandma?” Ash questioned.

“I am,” Charlie answered. “He’s my little grandbaby.”

“But you isn’t old like my grandpa and grandma or my nana Irene,” Ash shook his head. “How come they is so old?”

“Ash, you don’t let nana Irene hearing you calling her old.” Bianca laughed.

“But she is.” Ash screwed his face up unsure as to why what he said wasn’t appropriate.

“La nonna è vecchia.” Bella giggled.

“Right you two,” Bianca said. “Less of that cheek, away and play with Milo, Charlie and me are having an adult talk.”

Riley jumped down from Charlie’s knee and took Milo by the collar and ran out of the room with him, with the rest of the kids following. “Adult talk, really?” Charlie raised her eyebrows, intrigued. “What do you want to say?”

“Nothing really, I was just enjoying the peace.” Bianca said before she and Charlie laughed lightly.

Ruby pushed the pasta about her plate with the fork, as a tear rolled down her cheek. “Hey, baby, what’s the tears for now?” Xavier questioned as he stood up from his seat and walked over to her, and bent down before her and put his hand on her leg.

“I don’t know,” Ruby shook her head. “I....I’m not enjoying this pasta.”

“Well that’s okay,” Xavier gave a little laugh. “I can make you something else, anything you fancy.”

“I don’t think I’d like anything,” Ruby shook her head. “I don’t feel like eating.” Ruby sniffed back as she wiped the tears from her cheek.

“You need to eat something sweetheart, especially now you are nursing Noah; you need to keep your strength up,” Xavier rubbed her arms as he spoke. “Anything you want and I’ll make it for you.”

“I could eat a KFC and Leah’s lemon drizzle cake.” Ruby answered.

“A KFC?” Xavier questioned as he bit his lip. The closest KFC was almost 2 hours drive away. “I can’t get you a KFC but I can make southern fried chicken and chips for you?” Xavier questioned, hoping this would be good enough for her.

Ruby nodded her head lightly. “But you can go get some of Leah’s cake right?”

“Of course I can,” Xavier smiled as he rubbed her cheek. “You want anything else while I am out?”

“No,” Ruby shook her head. “But try and not be too long, will you?” Ruby questioned as she once again wiped a tear from her cheek.

“No, I won’t be, but you’ll be fine,” Xavier smiled as he looked down at his watch. “He’s due a feed so, you can feed him and by the time you’re done I’ll be back, okay?” Xavier spoke softly as he wiped the tears from Ruby’s cheeks, just as Noah’s cries could be heard from the baby monitor.

Ruby stood up from the chair and took a deep breath, composing herself from her teary state, before walking up the stairs and into the nursery, over to the cot where her son was screaming out. “Hey, no need for all this,” Ruby spoke softly as she lifted her son into her arms and walked over to the rocking chair, where she got herself organised, before offering her son the breast. Noah squirmed in her arms as he refused the offer. “C’mon sweetheart this is what you are crying for, take it,” Ruby softly rubbed his cheek before she tried to get him to take the breast. Noah once again refused as his screams got louder and even more piercing. “Noah,” Ruby felt a tear rolling down her cheek as she banged her head on the rocking chair in frustration. “You have to take it, please.” Noah refused the offer once more and Ruby moaned as she stood up and put her son back in his cot, before walking out of the room, closing the door shut behind her.

“Rubes, hello?” Charlie questioned as she knocked lightly on the house door before walking in. “Ruby its mum.”

“Mum,” Ruby spoke through tears as she ran down the stairs, the sounds of Noah’s cries still being heard. “He won’t take it,” Ruby shook her head. “He’s just crying.”

“Hey, c’mon, it’s okay,” Charlie spoke softly as she tucked Ruby’s hair behind her ear. “We’ll get him fed, yeah, is he in the nursery?”

“Yeah.” Ruby answered as they made their way up the stairs and into the nursery. Ruby took a seat on the rocking chair and got herself ready as Charlie lifted her grandson out of the cot, cradling him in her arms.

“Hey, now, mister, we don’t cry like this.” Charlie spoke softly as she rocked her grandson, calming him down quickly.

“How come you can get him to stop crying?” Ruby cried. “I’m his mother; I’m supposed to be able to do that.”

“Ruby you’ve only been a mother for 2 days.” Charlie answered as she placed Noah into her arms, and Charlie noticed that Ruby tensed up and her eyes showed Charlie she was nervous.

“What’s wrong with him?” Ruby cried as he once again refused the breast.

“It’s not the baby sweetheart, it’s you,” Charlie said softly. “You’re nervous, and you’re tense. The baby can pick that up and he doesn’t like it. You need to relax,” Charlie placed her hand onto Ruby’s shoulder and rubbed it gently. “Go on, just relax your body.” Ruby cleared her throat as Charlie wiped the tears from her cheeks. She exhaled lightly, before looking up at Charlie.

“I didn’t have this problem in the hospital,” Ruby answered. “Why am I like this here?”

“Because at the hospital you had doctors and nurses there helping you. But here you are on your own and it is scary, so you just need to know that you are going to do a great job and he’s going to be fine with you,” Charlie smiled as she saw her daughter relax, before she gestured for Ruby to look down to her son, who was now feeding from her. “See, now you’re not all tense, he’s fine.”

“I haven’t stopped crying all day either,” Ruby shook her head. “Since we’ve got home, I mean. I think I must have cried about 8 times over stupid things or I’ve just randomly started crying for no reason.”

“Well you’ve just had a baby,” Charlie answered. “You’re hormones are going to be all over the place right now, it’s okay to cry if you feel you need too.”

Ruby gave Charlie a thankful smile. “Thanks. And thanks for coming around as soon as I called.”

“It’s okay,” Charlie smiled. “You got me out of taking Milo for a walk,” Charlie said and Ruby laughed lightly. “So, you got a name for the little one yet?” Charlie asked as she lightly rubbed his little hand as he fed from his mother.

“Noah,” Ruby smiled. “Do you like it?”

“Aww its lovely,” Charlie smiled. “And do you like the room?”

“Yeah,” Ruby nodded. “It was so nice of you to think to do that,” Ruby answered. “And to change all the clothes,” Ruby said. “You didn’t need to buy all those clothes did you?”

“No no,” Charlie shook her head. “I just went back to the shops and thankfully they were all understanding and let me swap them for boys stuff.”

Ruby smiled as she looked up to the wall above the cot. “We’ll need to get his name painted above there,” Ruby said. “Then this room will be complete.”

“Mmm yeah, a nice little room for a lovely little boy,” Charlie smiled down at her grandson who was still feeding from his mother. “You want me to stay for a while or do you think you’re going to be okay?”

“Could you stay a bit longer?” Ruby questioned. “Just in case.”

“Of course I can.” Charlie answered before rubbing her daughters arm as she gave her a comforting smile.

Thanks so much everyone. :wub:

Chapter 196

Brax, Charlie and the kids were visiting Ruby, Xavier and baby Noah. Brax was holding Noah in his arms, and cooing over him, a big cheesy grin never leaving his face. “Now Noah, did mummy and daddy tell you that you were born on the best day of the year?” Brax questioned. “They didn’t?” Brax said after a brief pause. “Well mate, 29th November is the best day to have a birthday because you get to share it with grandpa,” Brax smiled. “You do.” Brax cooed as he lightly rubbed Noah’s cheek.

Riley and Paige giggled as they listened to their dad talking in a baby voice. “He really like the baby.” Paige said as she looked up at Xavier.

“Yeah, anyone would think he is clucky.” Xavier laughed.

“Well they’re just so cute and cuddly.” Brax cooed as he continued to pull silly faces at Noah. Ruby exchanged a glance with her mother before she stood up from the couch.

“So, we didn’t offer you a coffee,” Ruby said. “I’ll make one now.”

“I’ll make it,” Xavier said as he stood up from the chair, and rubbed Ruby’s hand. “You sit back down.”

“No, I want to go make the coffee.” Ruby said as she felt her eyes stinging with the tears she could no longer hold in.

“You sit down hmm,” Charlie smiled at her daughter as she stood to her feet. “I’ll help Xavier”

“Mummy Rubes is crying.” Paige said as she pointed to her sister.

“No, I’m not.” Ruby tried to wipe her eyes, but everyone looked up at her and could see the tears.

“Hmmm, it looks like you are,” Jacob sounded concerned for his sister. “What’s wrong?” Charlie looked down to her daughter as Ruby looked up to her and Charlie saw the pleading look in her eyes. She gave her a quick smile, before looking back to her kids.

“Nothing, you kids leave Ruby alone,” Charlie said as she looked down at her son. “Now, do you kids want a drink?

“Yeah.” Riley nodded.

“Rubes you want a tea?” Xavier questioned and Ruby nodded lightly before Charlie and Xavier walked into the kitchen. As Xavier flicked the kettle on he pursed his lips together before turning to face Charlie who was pulling the milk and apple juice out of the fridge. “Is she okay?” Xavier questioned. “She’s not herself,” Xavier said. “It is just because of the baby only being a few days old? You know her hormones will still be settling back down and stuff.”

“I think it’s a bit of the baby blues,” Charlie answered. “Just keep an eye on her and if it doesn’t settle in a couple more days, let me know or suggest that you talk to a doctor, especially if you think she is getting worse.”

“What so you think she could be getting post natal -”

“I’m not saying that,” Charlie shook her head. “I think she’ll be fine, she’s just finding these first few days a little bit overwhelming.”

“But we’re doing alright, aren’t we? I mean Noah is getting everything he needs?” Xavier asked.

“Oh yeah,” Charlie nodded. “You’re both doing great. He’s a lucky little boy to have parents like you two.” Xavier smiled as he poured the milk into the coffee cups and Ruby’s tea and Charlie reached into the cupboard to get glasses out for the kids’ juice.

“Not done too badly in the grandparent department either eh.” Xavier smiled up at Charlie.

“Yeah, I hear your mum and John have been spoiling him rotten since he was born and bought you a pram.” Charlie said and Xavier laughed lightly.

“Yeah, they did,” Xavier answered. “But I was actually talking about you and Brax.”

“I know you were.” Charlie answered as she put the kids’ juice on the tray along with the coffee’s, tea and biscuits that Xavier had prepared.

“Well he’s going to be spoiled by all his grandparents.” Xavier smiled as he picked up the tray and walked through to the living room, to find Paige and Riley fighting over who got to hold Noah first.

“No, cos I like him most.” Riley said as she pushed at her sister to get out the way so she was standing closer to Brax.

“No you don’t,” Paige shook her head. “I his Auntie too.”

“C’mon girls, you’ll both get to hold him.” Charlie said as she lifted her girls up so they were sitting on the couch.

“Now Paige, you can hold him first today and Riley you will get him first the next time,” Charlie answered as she took Noah from Brax’s arms and placed him down into Paige’s arms. “Now you hold him safely.” Charlie said as she moved her daughters arm slightly so she had better support of his head.

Paige giggled as she looked down at Noah who squirmed lightly before settling in his Aunties arms. “He so little.” Paige said.

“You were that size once.” Brax told his daughter as Charlie sat on the arm of the couch and wrapped her arm around Ruby, rubbing her arm softly. She looked up at her mother and gave her a thankful smile as she rested her head against her side.

“We really?” Riley asked.

“Oh yeah,” Charlie answered. “You were even smaller than him.”

“Wow that is little,” Riley said. “Is it my turn yet?” Riley questioned.

“Soon.” Brax answered before reaching to the table for his coffee and a biscuit.

“Hello,” Liam shouted cheerily as he walked into the house. “Kiddies daddy is here,” Liam walked into the living room, to find Ash sitting drawing at the coffee table. “Hey, bud.” Liam crouched down next to him and put his hand on his back.

“Get away from me.” Ash shouted as he stood up and ran over to Bianca, who was walking back into the room, having been in the downstairs bathroom with Bella who was walking in behind her.

“Papà.” Bella grinned as she ran over to him and Liam smiled as he lifted her into his arms.

“You have to stop coming over uninvited,” Bianca said. “It’s not good for the kids’ routine.” Bianca lightly rubbed Ash’s back as he wrapped his arms around her.

“Mum, I don’t want to see him.” Ash shook his head as he looked up to her.

“Hey, bud it’s alright,” Bianca moved his hands from around her waist and bent down to his level. “Daddy just wants to spend some time with you.”

“But he gets drunk and scary.” Ash said almost in tears.

“He’s not going to get drunk anymore,” Bianca shook her head as she wiped under his eyes with her thumb. “He’s been to a special place that helps him with that and he’s not going to drink anymore alcohol again.”

“You promise?” Ash questioned and Bianca nodded lightly. “And no more taking the little white circle pill things?”

“No,” Bianca shook her head. “Daddy isn’t going to do that anymore, are you?” Bianca glared up at Liam.

“No,” Liam shook his head as he put Bella down on the floor and crouched down to Ash’s level. “I promise you mate, I’m not going to touch any of that stuff again.” Ash looked to Liam, unsure. “Now, daddy really would like a hug from you, hmm you got a hug for your old daddy?”

Ash looked around at Bianca before looking back to Liam. “No.” Ash shook his head as he took a step back, leaning himself against Bianca.

Bianca exhaled lightly as she watched Liam as he stood back up. He tried to put on a brave face but she only had to look into his eyes to see that he was hurting. “So eh, can I take Bella for ice-cream or something at the diner?” Liam questioned.

Bianca pursed her lips together. “No, sorry I eh...” Bianca exhaled. “Not yet. You want to see the kids then I’m going to be there too.”

“Right.” Liam exhaled, not liking Bianca’s ruling but seeing he didn’t really have a choice.

“Ash why don’t you go up the stairs and pick out a game that we can all play together?” Bianca questioned as she ran her hand over his hair.

“Can we play pirate island?” Ash questioned.

“You bet.” Bianca smiled and Ash run off up the stairs and Bella followed, wanting to help him. Liam smiled at Bianca and she gave him a weak smile back as an awkward silence filled the room.

“So eh,” Liam exhaled as he walked closer to her. “Babe I miss being with you so much.” Liam said as he took her hand in his.

“Don’t,” Bianca shook her head as she pulled her hand away. “Liam I am not your babe and the only reason you are here right now is for the kids. So do not try to get me on the soft,” Bianca said. “Right now that is not going to happen.” Bianca exhaled.

“Right now hey?” Liam smiled. “So you aren’t saying never?”

“Liam -”

“We got it,” Bella grinned as she jumped down the last few stairs before running up to the table and climbing up onto the chair. “Papà sit.” Bella pointed to the chair next to her and Liam went over and sat down next to her, with Bianca and Ash walking over to the table and taking a seat opposite them, ready to play the game.

April and Dex walked into the house, Dex carrying a basket full of baby things for little Noah. “So please don’t start freaking April out with stories of the delivery,” Dex grinned as he sat down on the chair and looked over to Ruby. “She’s freaking out enough already.”

“They say that you forget all about it once the baby gets here though.” Xavier gave a small laugh as he looked to his wife.

“It’s still very fresh in my mind,” Ruby muttered as she looked at Dexter, who had sat the basket of things down next to Xavier. “You didn’t need to bring us anything either.”

“Of course we did,” April smiled. “Besides he is out Godson, so we need to help look after him.”

“Thanks,” Xavier smiled as he looked down to the basket that was filled with clothes, a blanket, a baby bath towel, a little rabbit teddy, bibs, baby bottles, lotions and creams and a burping cloth. “All this stuff is great.”

“So where is the little cretin anyways?” Dexter questioned.

“He’s in the mosses basket over there,” Xavier pointed to the basket by the window across the room. “Nap time.”

“Can I go look at him?” April questioned and Xavier nodded, as she pushed herself up from the couch and walked over to the basket. “Oh my gosh, he is so precious,” April gushed as she looked down at the little boy, his legs spread out wide and his arms out above his head, sleeping starfish like. “He looks so much like you Ruby,” April smiled as she looked over to her friend, before settling her eyes on him again. “He’s so cute.”

“Thank God he looks like Ruby. Would have been a real shame if the little guy looked like me.” Xavier said.

“I agree,” Dex joked. “A real shame having to look like you.”

“Right back at you mate, I hope for the baby’s sake that it comes out all April.”

“I agree again.” Dex replied as April walked back over to the couch, and took a seat.

“Aww well I hope I get a little mini Dexter,” April said as she rubbed her stomach. “His face on a baby, so cute.”

“Each other own then,” Xavier pulled a face before laughing. “Do you want a drink or anything?”

“Yeah tea would be lovely thanks.” Dex answered.

“Yeah I’ll take a tea.” April answered and Xavier nodded as he stood to his feet and walked through to the kitchen. He flicked the kettle on to boil the water before reaching for some cups. He turned around as he felt a presence behind him and saw Ruby walking into the kitchen, a tear rolling down her cheek.

“Hey, sweetheart, you okay?” Xavier opened his arms out and Ruby fell into him, accepting the offer of a hug.

“It’s too much,” Ruby sniffed back. “Gina and John here this morning and then Mum, Brax and the kids and now April and Dex,” Ruby spoke quietly as she kept her head nestled against his chest. “I want to be left alone to be able to get used to being a mother without everyone coming in and judging me.”

“Ah babe no one is judging you, they just want to see Noah,” Xavier spoke softly as he rubbed her back. “How about after this tea I’ll make excuses and they’ll leave and then we can hang out, just the 3 of us for the rest of the day?”

“What if more people come around to see him?” Ruby questioned. “I’d imagine Leah, Colleen and Irene will all turn up at one point, maybe even Bianca and the kids.”

“Then I’ll tell them now isn’t a good time and they need to come back another time,” Xavier said, continuing to rub Ruby’s back. “Alright?”

“Yeah,” Ruby smiled as she looked up to Xavier. She loved him so much, and he’d been so understanding with her the last couple of days. “Thanks and I love you.”

“I know. I love you too.” Xavier placed a soft kiss on her forehead, before Ruby rested her head against his chest again, wanting to hold onto the hug for a little longer.

Thank you Zoe, Red Ranger 1, caroline77, Sarah, Paige, Spotd1 and Freakie42. Hope you like this next one.

Chapter 197

Charlie was taking Milo for his morning walk. Jacob was in school and Brax had taken the twins to the indoor soft play area in Yabbie Creek for some father daughter bonding time. She walked over the grassland, between her house and Ruby and Xavier’s house and wondered if she should go in, or if she should leave them in peace. She exhaled lightly as she continued walking, but stopped as she saw Xavier walking out the house and down the driveway. “Charlie, hey.”

“Hey Xav,” Charlie smiled as he lifted the wheelie bin lid up and put the trash bag in. “How’s the little one today?”

“Ahh he’s great,” Xavier smiled. “I’m just so in love, Charlie, this feeling...I....I’ve never felt anything like it.”

“I know what you mean,” Charlie smiled. “How’s Ruby doing?”

“She’s better today,” Xavier smiled. “Chirpier, smiling. We gave Noah a bath and then she just held him and hugged him for ages.”

“That’s good,” Charlie smiled. “Hopefully she’s over the worse of the baby blues now.”

“They don’t last long do they?” Xavier questioned as he scratched the side of his head.

“No,” Charlie answered. “Usually just a few days, maybe a week at most.”

“Well hopefully she’s getting better now,” Xavier smiled. “I hate seeing her so upset and not being able to comfort her.”

“I know,” Charlie smiled lightly as she rubbed his arm. “We all do, but I think you will be supporting her and giving her comfort just fine.”

“Yeah, maybe.” Xavier exhaled. “So, no little kiddies with you today?”

“No, Brax has the twins out for some father-daughter time so it’s just me and the dog this morning before work.” Charlie answered as she looked down to Milo who was lying on the ground pulling at a bit of wood that was hanging from the fencing.

“Nice to get some time to yourself thought I bet,” Xavier smiled and Charlie gave a nod in reply. “How’s is the restaurant going?”

“Great,” Charlie replied. “We’re actually expecting a food critic one day this week, so Brax is pretty stressed, especially with you being off right now, but I’m sure it’ll all come together fine.”

“Oh, I’m sorry I’m off.” Xavier said.

“Don’t be silly,” Charlie shook her head. “Not like you don’t have good reason and the head chef and Luke will be in, and the rest of the chefs are fine too, Brax just stresses easily when it comes to the restaurant.”

“Yeah,” Xavier gave a small laugh. “Well I best get back inside. See you later.” Xavier smiled at his mother-in-law, before walking off back up the drive-way to the house.

“Right you,” Charlie pulled Milo away from the fence. “Less breaking the fence would be appreciated.” Charlie laughed as Milo looked up to her and tilted his head to the side, giving her big eyes, acting all innocent before they continued with their walk.

Bianca and the kids walked up the path to her house, and it was Ash who noticed him first, sitting on the porch, waiting from them to return. “He’s here again.” Ash sighed as he looked up to his mother.

“Liam,” Bianca exhaled lightly as Bella danced excitedly around him. “We need to talk about when you’re allowed to come over. Like I said yesterday you can’t just keep turning up like this.”

“Sure, sorry.” Liam sighed as he stood up lifted Bella into his arms, placing a soft kiss on her cheek.

“Papà come home?” Bella questioned and Liam shook his head.

“Sorry princess,” Liam answered. “But I won’t be living at home no.”

“It too sad,” Bella sighed as Bianca opened the door to the house and Ash ran off up the stairs to change out of his school uniform. “Why mamma?”

“Because mamma and papà are no longer together so we need to live in different houses.” Bianca said and Bella screwed her face up.

“Huh?” Bella put her hands out to the side. “Why?”

“Because papà......” Bianca trailed off. “Go and pick a game for us all to play together.” Bianca instructed and Liam put Bella down and she ran over to the toy box, looking at something for them all to do.

“Thanks for trying yesterday with Ash,” Liam said. “But he’s really grown attached to you hasn’t he?”

“He has yes,” Bianca answered. “But just because he’s like that with me doesn’t mean he won’t fix his relationship with you. You just need to give him some time and not push too hard at it.”

“I know,” Liam nodded. “At least Bella isn’t rejecting me so I don’t have to feel too bad. I get comfort from her.”

“We play soccer?” Bella questioned as she ran back over to Bianca with the soccer ball in her hand. “Ash likes too.” Bella nodded her head, assuming he would be cool with her choice.

“Sure we can,” Bianca smiled. “I think that will be fun.”

“Yeah,” Bella cheered as she ran over to Liam. “I play with Papà.” Bella said as Ash came running down the stairs, and stood next to Bianca.

“So, what we doing?” Ash questioned.

“Ash,” Bella jumped around with the soccer ball in her hands. “We play soccer.”

“Cool, can I be on your team?” Ash questioned as he looked up to Bianca and smiled hopingly. Bianca exhaled as she looked up to Liam.

“You know what, I think we should do boys v girls,” Bianca smiled enthusiastically as she looked to her kids. “What do you think?”

“Well,” Bella scratched the side of her head. “We still win mamma?”

“I hope so,” Bianca smiled before she looked up at Liam. “If daddy is cool with playing with Ash?”

“Oh yeah,” Liam smiled. “We are so going to beat them bud aren’t we?” Liam questioned and Ash shrugged his shoulders.

“I could play with mum too.” Ash sighed.

“We have to make the teams fair don’t we?” Bianca questioned and Ash nodded.

“I guess.”

“C’mon bud, we will win, and then mummy has to take us out for ice-cream.” Liam laughed as they walked out of the house and into the back garden.

“Loser buys the ice-cream,” Bianca said. “Sounds like a fair deal. Now are we ready to play?” Bianca questioned and Ash and Bella nodded before they started kicking the ball around, both of them trying to score in the little soccer net at the back of the garden. Bella passed the ball to Bianca, who started dribbling it down the garden, and Liam tried to get the ball from her, theirs hands interlocking as she tried to shoo him away. As Bianca passed the ball away their eyes met with each other’s and Liam smiled lovingly. Bianca gave him a smile back, before pulling her hand away and watching as Ash scored into the net, much to the disappoint of Bella, who clench her fists together and screamed.

“It not fair,” Bella squealed. “He’s better.”

“Don’t be a sore loser Isabella.” Bianca scolded and Bella frowned as she picked the ball up from the back of the net and marched angrily back up the garden.

“Well done bud,” Liam said enthusiastically as he put his hand out for a high-five from his son. “We’re one up already.”

Ash looked to Liam unsure, before running forward and ever so slightly hitting his hand against Liam’s before running off up the garden. Liam looked to Bianca and mouthed a thank you and she smiled at him, before they continued to play soccer with the kids.

Brax walked out of the kitchen, and into the bar area. “Still can’t pour a pint from tap.” Brax laughed as he cheekily hit wife’s bottom, resulting in a girly squeal from Charlie, which led to a few of the customers looking up to her.

“Brax,” Charlie said through gritted teeth. “We need to stay professional at work.”

“It’s hard too,” Brax pouted. “Especially when I love you so much and we have great girls who have cracked me up all day and a cutie baby grandson.”

“Well I am very glad you are happy and that you had a good day with the girls, but I would appreciate help with this pint.” Charlie said and Brax laughed lightly as he took the glass from her and poured the beer down the drain, laying the glass to the side and picking up a new one.

“Really you still can’t get this right?” Brax questioned. “It’s been two weeks. You think you would be able to pull the perfect pint by now. Maybe I’ll need to let you go.”

“Haha,” Charlie laughed. “Show me again.”

Brax exhaled lightly as he handed Charlie the clean glass and told her to tilt it under the spout. He put one of his hands over Charlie’s on the tap and the other over the one on the glass and started to slowly let the beer out, before letting it come out at slightly greater force. Almost at the top of the glass he moved Charlie’s hand so she was holding it straight, and topped it off, before letting go of the tap. “There you go the perfect pint.”

“Well that is pretty easy,” Charlie answered as she lay the pint down on the tray. “Maybe you’ve just finally taught me the right way,” Charlie gave Brax a cheeky smile as she lifted two glasses down and laid them on the bar, before getting the vodka, and pouring out the measures into the glass.

“You might want to put ice in there,” Brax laughed. “Seriously babe I love you, but if I knew you were this slow -”

“Shush yourself.” Charlie said as she handed the drinks order to her husband he looked down and read no ice scribbled on the sheet.

“Ah I see, well you’re doing everything perfectly there then.” Brax grinned as he watched Charlie put coke into once of the glasses and soda water and a little bit lime juice in the other. Charlie gave him a cheeky grin as she picked the tray up and walked out of the bar, and over to the table with the drinks. As she walked back to the bar, she noticed Brax was on the phone, and didn’t like the look of his facial expression.

“Fu -” Brax started to curse but Charlie cut him off.

“What was that about?” Charlie questioned.

“Tara just called in sick 20 minutes before her shift starts,” Brax sighed. “What kinda head chef leaves me with that little notice?”

“A sick one?” Charlie questioned before giving a little laugh.

“It’s not funny.”

“I thought it was,” Charlie laughed. “Sorry.” Charlie pursed her lips together as she noticed the look of total un-amusement on Brax’s face.

“Our sous chef is off on paternity leave and the head chef just call in sick,” Brax sighed. “Who is going to run the kitchen?”

“What about Luke?” Charlie questioned. “He’s a brilliant chef.” Just as Charlie was talking screams could be heard coming from the kitchen. Charlie and Brax exhaled lightly before waking in to see Luke cursing in pain, wrapping a white napkin that was quickly becoming blood soaked around his hand.

“What the hells happened?” Brax asked as he looked at Luke and noticed all the colour has drained from his face.

“He’s practically cut his finger off,” A chef answered. “It was just hanging ever so slightly.

“Damn it,” Brax sounded angry. “Right, eh....Jim,” Brax rubbed his forehead as he looked up to one of the dishwashers. “Can you take him to the hospital?” Brax questioned and he nodded as he and Luke walked out of the kitchen. Brax exhaled as he walked out of the kitchen with Charlie following. “This night could not get any worse.” Brax sighed as he banged his fist against the bar, before looking up to the door and cursing.

“Brax -” Charlie exhaled.

“Sorry, but I think I spoke to soon,” Brax shook his head at a loss at what to do as Charlie looked to him, confused. “See that man there that’s just walked in?” Brax questioned and Charlie nodded lightly. “He is the food critic.”

Thanks everyone. :)

Chapter 198

Charlie looked to Brax before looking back to the man and his party who were being shown to a table by one of the waitresses. “Are you sure he is the critic?” Charlie questioned. “I thought they were supposed to be...you know...like you don’t know what customer it is?”

“I know, but it’s him,” Brax questioned. “He’s a well-known critic in this area.”

“I see,” Charlie nodded. “Well we’ll make it work, I mean the rest of the staff know how to cook so I doubt we’ll need to serve him beans on toast,” Charlie gave a small laugh. “It’ll be fine,” Charlie rubbed his back. “Do not stress.”

“How can I not stress?” Brax questioned. “The three top chefs are out of action Charlie, so please explain to me how I cannot stress.”

“Because it’s not going to help the situation,” Charlie answered. “Now, why don’t you go over and take their drinks order and I’ll sort the guys out in the kitchen?” Charlie said and Brax exhaled lightly before picking up the order pad and pen. He looked over to the table before looking to the kitchen doors.

“You take their order,” Brax said. “I’ll go into the kitchen.”

Charlie took the pen and pad from him before walking over to the table, and exhaled lightly as she stood before them. “Evening,” Charlie said cheerily. “Can I get you started off with some drinks?”

“We’ll take your best bottle of red,” The man Brax said was the critic answered. “And we’ll expect a jug of ice cold water for the table, yes?”

“Yes,” Charlie nodded. “Coming right up.” Charlie smiled as she walked over to the bar and started to prepare the jug of water, before looking in the direction of the kitchen where she could hear Brax yelling at the cooks. She bit her lip before walking into the kitchen to see Brax with a plate of pasta in his hand, a look of disgust on his face.

“I wouldn’t even serve this to my dog so why do you think I’d be happy to let a customer eat this?” Brax yelled, his face getting red in anger as he threw the plate down to the floor, resulting in the plate smashing into pieces.

“Hey, hey, Brax, you need to calm yourself down.” Charlie said softly as she walked closer to him and hit her hand on his chest, feeling his heart beating 100 miles to the hour.

“Calm down?” Brax questioned as he looked to Charlie. “Have you seen what he wanted to serve?” Brax yelled as he pointed to the floor.

“Will you stop shouting. They can hear you in the restaurant and yes, I have seen what they tried to serve as it’s all over the kitchen floor thanks to you,” Charlie spat. “Now, you go into the office and calm down and you,” Charlie said as she pointed to one of the cooks, “Clean this up. Everyone else back to what you were doing,” Charlie spoke sternly as she looked back to Brax. “Brax, the office now.”

“I can’t Charlie, I -”

“Now,” Charlie raised her voice to her husband before he sighed as he walked out of the kitchen. Charlie rubbed her forehead as she took a deep breath. This was the most stressful night in the restaurant she’d had so far and only hoped this was as bad as things got. “What table was that pasta for?” Charlie questioned.

“Table 5.” One of the cooks answered quietly.

“Right, get started on some fresh pasta now, and anything else that’s ready for that table make sure you keep hot and do not dry it out,” Charlie instructed. “Nick,” Charlie said as she looked up to the waiter who was standing sheepishly in the corner with dirty plates in his hand, almost too scared to continue with what he was doing in fear of being yelled at. “Go apologise to table 5, tell them there’s been a slightly delay and offer everyone at the table a free drink.” Charlie said and Nick nodded his head before putting the dirty plates down and leaving the kitchen quickly. She stared at the cooks for a moment before turning around and leaving the kitchen, and walked into the office.

“Now you’ve seen angry work Brax,” Brax exhaled. “Not a pretty sight is it?”

“No,” Charlie shook her head. “Let’s not bring him out for a while longer hmm.”

“I’ll try.” Brax exhaled.

“C’mon, it’s just a job. You don’t need to let yourself get that worked up.” Charlie said softy as she rubbed his arm.

“Charlie this is more than just a job,” Brax spat. “This is our livelihood. We don’t have another job to fall back on anymore. This place goes down, so do we. That’s why when people like him come in; it needs to be the best.”

“We have so many regulars from people who went to Angelo’s, who still come here and who love this place,” Charlie exhaled. “One bad review from a critic won’t turn them away because they come here time and time again and love it.”

“I know but, we want good reviews on this place, don’t we?” Brax questioned and Charlie nodded.

“Yeah, I guess we do.” Charlie answered.

“I eh, I called Xavier in,” Brax said. “He doesn’t want to leave Ruby on her own for too long so I suggested you go sit with Ruby till he’s done here and they’re both fine with that.”

“You think getting Xavier in was necessary?” Charlie questioned and Brax nodded.

“With the food critic in, yes, we need a good chef.” Brax answered. “And your shift is finishing in....20 minutes anyway,” Brax answered as she looked down to his watch. “So, just go and let the sitter get home and then you can check on Ruby.”

“Okay, but you, no more of that,” Charlie said as she rubbed his arm. “I don’t like angry work Brax.”

“I’ll try not to,” Brax said and Charlie smiled before placing a soft kiss on his lips. “See you soon.”

“Yeah, see you.” Charlie said before picking her bag up and leaving the office.

Liam kissed Bella’s forehead before pulling the covers up over her. “Goodnight princess,” Liam said before walking out of the room and walking down the stairs, joining Bianca at the couch. “So how long until she comes down the stairs again?” Liam laughed.

Bianca clicked her tongue. “Oh I’d say.....5 minutes.” Bianca laughed.

“Just a recent thing she’s been doing then?” Liam asked. “I don’t remember her being like that when....well you know.” Liam cleared his throat.

“Just the last few months,” Bianca answered. “She falls asleep eventually so I am not going to worry too much about it.”

“Nah,” Liam shook his head. “Ash isn’t any problems I guess?”

“No, none at all,” Bianca answered as she fidgeted on the couch. “So eh, I was going to have a bath and get an early night myself, so...” Bianca trailed off as she looked up to Liam, wanting him to leave.

“I was really hoping we could talk.” Liam answered.

“Talk about what?” Bianca questioned, although she was pretty sure she knew what he wanted to talk about.

“About us.” Liam said.

“Us? Liam there is no us,” Bianca sighed. “We’re over.”

“We don’t have to be,” Liam said softly as he put his hand on Bianca’s and rubbed it gently. Bianca looked down and let his hand stay there for a while before pulling it away. “See, that look there,” Liam said as he pointed to her face. “I know you still feel something for me.”

“Yeah well that doesn’t mean that we need to be together,” Bianca sighed as she stood up from the couch and walked over to the door. “Now, I’m asking you to leave.”

“Babe, please,” Liam sounded close to tears. “I’ll do anything you want.”

“Leave,” Bianca pursed her lips together. “I want you to leave.”

“Not that,” Liam shook his head. “I -”

“Liam please don’t,” Bianca raised her voice. “We had a nice day playing with the kids, we went out for ice-cream, and I even let you stay for dinner and a movie. Please don’t spoil it. Right now, I should not be your priority,” Bianca sighed. “That little boy up there should be your focus right now,” Bianca said as she pointed to the ceiling. “Him, not me.”

Liam ran his hands through his hair as he sighed. “I don’t see why I can’t work on both,” Liam sighed. “If he see you are like you used to be with me, then maybe he’ll do the same.”

“Don’t,” Bianca shook her head. “Liam -”

“Mamma, voglio un po ‘di latte al cioccolato.” Bella said sleepily as she walked down the last few stairs one step at a time. Bianca looked to her daughter before looking back at Liam and opened the door and pointed for him to leave. Liam exhaled lightly before leaving the house as Bianca slammed the door shut behind him. She looked down to her daughter who was walking over to before she took a few steps forward and lifted her up.

“If mamma gives you a little bit of chocolate milk will you stay in bed this time?” Bianca questioned.

“Uh-huh,” Bella nodded. “I really promise mamma.” Bella said and Bianca smiled lightly as she made her way over to the kitchen.

Brax walked as quietly as he could into the bedroom, and over to his side of the bed and started undressing himself in the dark, not wanting to put the lightly on, in fear of waking Charlie. “Ah fu....” Brax pursed his lips together as he bent down and rubbed his toe that he’s just stubbed against the bedside table.

“You wouldn’t do that if you put the light on,” Charlie laughed as she put her side light on, causing some light to hit the room. “See, you can see what you are doing now.”

“I didn’t want to put the light on because I didn’t want to wake you.” Brax replied as he sat down on the edge of the bed.

“I can’t ever sleep until you are home anyways,” Charlie answered. “You should know that.”

“Yeah.” Brax exhaled.

“How did it go with the critic then?” Charlie questioned as she moved closer to him in the bed.

“Yeah, Xav saved the night,” Brax smiled. “He looked pretty pleased so hopefully we get a good review.”

“Yeah?” Charlie questioned. “So why is your face tripping you?”

“It’s not, I am fine.” Brax tried to sound convincing, but Charlie wasn’t buying it.

“Mmm, want to try again?” Charlie questioned and Brax exhaled as turned around in the bed and faced her.

“Georgie came into the restaurant tonight,” Brax answered. “They’ve eh now officially called off the hunt for Heath,” Brax huffed. “I know that it was running dry and they weren’t doing much lately but she said they can’t waste anymore time, money or resources, she said, and I quote ‘looking for a needle in a haystack’,” Charlie exhaled lightly as she rubbed his back. “I know I said I don’t care about him, and I really don’t, but a part of me wanted to know where he was in this world.”

“I know,” Charlie smiled lightly. “And you know what, maybe one day you will. It just won’t be right now.”

“Yeah, maybe you’re right,” Brax exhaled lightly. “So, I guess the kids were no trouble tonight?”

“No they were all in bed when I got home,” Charlie answered. “Ruby came around though for a little while,” Charlie smiled. “Noah is great,” Charlie smiled fondly. “And Ruby’s doing a lot better too.”

“That’s good, that’s good,” Brax smiled. “Bet it was great to see Noah again? I’m jealous you got to spend time with the little guy.”

Charlie smiled nervously. “It was nice yeah, but I’m sure you’ll get to spent plenty time with him as he’s growing up.”

“Oh I’ll make sure of that,” Brax smiled. “Xav and I will have plenty male bonding times with our boys. Maybe even just grandpa and Noah time too.” Brax smiled sweetly as he thought about his grandson.

“Brax,” Charlie started nervously. “His arrival hasn’t made you want to have a child again has it?” Charlie pursed her lips together almost afraid to hear his answer.

“I’d be lying if I said it didn’t make me miss having a baby around,” Brax answered truthfully. “But Noah is the baby and he’s enough for me,” Brax smiled. “I have a grandson and we get all the joys of a baby, but we also know that he can go back to his own parents when he’s being fussy,” Brax said and Charlie laughed lightly as Brax started to unbutton his shirt. “And also if we had a screaming baby at nights we wouldn’t be able to spontaneously do this,” Brax raised his eyebrows as he leaned forward in the bed and placed a soft kiss on Charlie’s lips.

“Mmm, I like that we can do that.” Charlie smiled into the kiss as Brax pulled her closer to him.

“Me too.” Brax whispered before kissing her again.

“I think you might need help removing that shirt.” Charlie grinned cheekily before she began to undo the rest of the buttons, the kiss never breaking, just becoming more and more passionate and intense, and Brax pushed Charlie down onto the bed.

Thank you everyone. Not much happens in this one really, so I hope it's okay. Also letting you know that this fiction is coming to an end soon. Only 5 chapters left to post after this one.

Chapter 199

Charlie, Brax and the girls were hanging out in the house. Jacob was at school and Charlie and Brax both had the whole day off work, so they were spending time with their girls and to the request of the girls, they were baking cakes. “Mummy what’s the flavour of them cakes?” Paige asked as she stirred the mixture in the bowl.

“They are cupcakes with vanilla icing.” Charlie answered as she helped Riley crack the eggs into the bowl as Paige stirred with Brax making sure she kept some of it in the bowl.

“Paige,” Brax laughed as he steadied her hand. “You don’t need to be so rough.”

“Yes, daddy,” Paige glared up at her father. “It needs to mix proper.”

“Silly daddy,” Riley giggled. “It needs to be right.”

“I see,” Brax answered. “I’m ever so sorry.”

“Yes,” Riley exhaled. “You should be.”

Charlie laughed lightly at her daughter. “How long does it take to be ready?” Paige questioned as she looked up at Brax.

“I don’t know sweetheart it’ll tell you on the box.” Brax answered as he leaned over his daughter and picked up the box that the mixture came in.

“Daddy,” Paige said sharply. “I no no how to read.”

“Yeah daddy,” Riley giggled. “We’s too little to read yet.”

“Of course, silly daddy,” Brax laughed. “Okay, they take 20 minutes in the oven.”

“Oh,” Paige said as she stuck her finger into the mixture and put some into her mouth. “It’s a long time.”

“Oh me me,” Riley gave a little jump from the chair. “I eat it too.” Riley grinned as she stuck her finger into the bowl and scooped out some of the mixture.

“Can we please wait until it’s cooked to eat,” Charlie said as Brax began to help Paige pour some of the mixture into each of the cases. “There’s raw egg in there.”

“So,” Riley screwed her face up. “It’s good.”

“Well we don’t want you getting salmonella so you’ll wait.” Charlie batted Riley’s hand away, before Brax moved the bowl and oven tray with the cases on closer to Riley so she could have her turn at putting the mixture into the cases.

“I no care,” Riley sighed. “I like egg no cooked.”

“Yeah, because you eat that a lot right enough,” Charlie muttered as she rolled her eyes before watching Riley put the last of the mixture into the cases. Paige jumped down from the chair and wiped her hands on her Dora Explorer apron before running over to the oven, excited to start letting the cakes cook.

“Hurry Riley,” Paige danced about the kitchen floor. “Let them cook.”

“They is coming,” Riley sighed as she jumped down from the chair and wiped her hands over her ladybug apron. “Hold you horses Paige.” Riley sighed as she moved her hair from the front of her face.

“I got no horses,” Paige sighed. “Not even one.” Paige held one finger up as she spoke.

Riley giggled as Charlie opened the oven door and Brax put the cakes in to cook. The girls sat down near to the oven, wanting to watch the cakes. “Are you two planning on sitting there for 20 minutes?” Charlie questioned as she looked at her girls bemused.

“Yeah,” Riley answered. “We watching.”

“Yeah,” Paige agreed. “Make sure they cook good.”

Brax chuckled at his girls as he looked to Charlie who was also laughing. “Right well we’ll see you in twenty minutes will we?”

“Yeah, we need to make the icing and put them stickers on.” Riley said as she kept her gaze on the cakes.

“We no eating stickers,” Paige giggled. “Theys aren’t eatable.”

“They are special stickers,” Charlie answered. “They are made of something called rice paper and you can eat it.”

“So we put them on them cakes?” Paige questioned.

“Yeah you do.” Brax answered as he looked down to the little rice paper circles for on top of the cakes, that had pictures of little teddy bears on them.

“Can I eat one now?” Riley questioned. “Please.” She added as she looked up to her parents and smile sweetly.

“Well if you eat all the stickers now we won’t have any for the cakes, will we?” Charlie questioned.

“She not say all thems mummy,” Paige shook her head. “Only one.”

“Oh alright then,” Charlie answered as she opened up the packet and handed one to each of her girls. Riley threw it in her mouth immediately, but Paige stared down at it before taking it a little bite at a time, wanting to make it last as long as she could. Charlie and Brax both gave another little chuckle as they watched the girls, sitting crossed legged in front of the oven waiting for their cakes to be ready to decorate.

Ruby placed Noah down into his pram before looking up at Xavier who handed her the baby bag. She put it over the pram handles, before taking a deep breath. “If you don’t want to go we don’t have too,” Xavier said. “I’ll call and make an excuse.”

“No, it’s fine and it’s only mum’s place so I’ll be fine there.” Ruby said as she and Xavier started to walk out of the house. Xavier locked the door, before they made the short walk to Charlie and Brax’s house.

“Hey Rubes.” Charlie smiled as she opened the house door, pulling her daughter into the hug.

“Hey,” Ruby smiled at her mother and Charlie pulled back and looked into her eyes. She smiled lightly seeing her looking much better about herself and her parenting skills. “How was your day?”

“Good,” Charlie answered. “How’s it been with Noah?” Charlie asked as she looked into the pram, and lightly rubbed her sleeping grandsons cheek.

“Yeah, he’s been great,” Ruby answered as Charlie lifted him out of the pram and held him in her arms. “Haven’t you you’ve been a little star.” Ruby cooed as she rubbed her son’s cheek. Charlie glanced at Xavier and the pair exchanged a smile before they all walked through to the living room, where Brax was playing with Jacob and the girls.

“Ruby.” Paige smiled as she stood her to feet and ran over to her sister.

“Hey munchkin,” Ruby smiled as she lifted her sister into her arms. “How are you?”

“Good,” Paige smiled as Ruby walked over to the couch and sat down, placing her sister on her knee. “We bake cakes today.” Paige grinned.

“Aww you did?” Xavier said as he sat down on the chair. “I hope you girls have left some for us.”

“Yeah,” Riley answered as she climbed up onto the couch next to her mother and looked down at Noah and smiled. “You can get some.”

“I’ll go get the tub.” Jacob said as he disappeared into the kitchen returning moments later with the tupperware box of cakes, handing cakes out to everyone.

“Can I hold Noah mummy?” Riley questioned as she lightly stroked his arm as she cooed.

“No,” Brax shook his head. “It’s grandpa’s turn,” Brax grinned as he took Noah from Charlie. “Ay you want to see grandpa,” Brax placed a soft kiss on his forehead. “I love that little baby smell.” Brax grinned as he looked back to Ruby and Xavier. “And I have to say, and I know you’ll probably say I’m biased, well actually we’ll all be biased anyways, but he is the cutest little baby I’ve ever seen, yes you are.” Brax gushed.

“Dad,” Jacob gasped. “What about us?” Brax exhaled lightly as he looked down to Jacob, Paige and Riley who were all staring up at him, their eyebrows furrowed.

“We be cute babies.” Riley scolded her father.

“Of course you were,” Brax answered. “I mean he is the cutest baby I’ve seen this year.”

“Nice save.” Charlie muttered and Brax smiled at her before looking at Noah.

“Well Noah, I think grandpa needs to show you around this house as I’m sure you’ll be spending a lot of time here as you’re growing up, yes you will.” Brax smiled before disappearing out of the room with Noah.

“Wow, he’s very ehm....” Ruby pursed her lips together, trying to find the right word.

“Pleased to be a grandpa?” Xavier questioned as he looked at her before taking a bite of the cupcake.

“Yeah.” Ruby nodded.

“As long as grandpa is all he wants to be,” Charlie exhaled. “He can be as pleased with Noah as he likes.”

“Yeah.” Ruby nodded.

“So, I thought we were getting dinner here?” Xavier questioned as his stomach rumbled. “We are still getting fed right?”

“Yeah,” Charlie nodded. “Brax was supposed to be making a start to it but he seems to be a bit busy with Noah,” Charlie said as she stood up from the couch. “I guess it’s down to me to start it.”

“I’ll come help.” Ruby said as she stood up and followed her mother into the kitchen.

“You alright?” Charlie gave her daughter a questioning look.

“Yeah, I eh, I just wanted to say thank you for giving me space for a couple of days,” Ruby smiled. “I know you were all keen to see Noah but I did need the time alone to bond with him.”

“It’s alright,” Charlie smiled. “I’m glad you’re doing better now too.”

“Me too,” Ruby grinned. “I never thought you could love another human being as much as I love him,” Ruby smiled. “The love that you have for your child it’s just....”

“I know,” Charlie smiled. “It’s unbelievable isn’t it?” Charlie questioned and Ruby nodded. “Although pretty soon I will have to have a word with Brax because he is hogging our grandson.” Charlie said and Ruby laughed lightly.

“Well I’m sure I can come up with excuses to get you to the house if he’s being a baby hog when Noah is around here.” Ruby said and Charlie gave a little laugh before pulling her daughter in a hug.

Thank you everyone. :wub: Hope you like this one...

Chapter 200

Charlie pressed the tabs down on the nappy before putting Noah back in his little dungaree suit. “Mummy I said I help,” Riley sighed as she held her hands out to the side. “You no listen.”

“Here,” Charlie said as she put the dirty nappy into the bag and tied it up. “Go put that in the bin.” Charlie said as she gave Riley the bag. Riley screwed her face up before she ran out of the room and down the stairs to dispose of the nappy. Charlie picked Noah up into her arms and smiled lightly. “I’m glad grandpa is working today otherwise I wouldn’t see you, no I wouldn’t and you like spending time with your grandma don’t you?” Charlie questioned as she walked out of the room as Noah smiled up at her. “That’s a very nice smile for grandma,” Charlie cooed. Noah was now 10 weeks old and Ruby and Xavier had taken a couple of hours to themselves to go out to the diner for some lunch, so Charlie was watching Noah, with help from the girls, and Bianca and Bella had popped over. She walked down the stairs and back into the living room, where the girls were playing and Bianca was waiting on her return. “You put that away properly Riley?” Charlie questioned as she sat down on the couch.

“Yes mummy.” Riley sighed as she continued to play the game with Paige and Bella. Bianca and Charlie were both confused and amused at the game. They seemed to be rolling a ball around and then swapping spots, but the girls seemed to understand whatever it was they were doing.

“So, April’s shown no signs of having the baby yet?” Charlie questioned. April was now 5 days overdue with her baby.

“Not as of this morning no,” Bianca shook her head. “She’s stressing it’s not going to be the perfect birth now because she’s late. Guess that’s just her OCD creeping in.”

“Ah yeah,” Charlie answered. “Although there is no such thing as a perfect birth. You just need to let it happen how it’s supposed too.”

“Oh yes, I know that,” Bianca answered. “Considering Bella was born in the diner.”

Charlie gave a little laugh before they heard the girls yelling at each other. “No, it’s not right Bella.” Riley growled as she threw the ball violently at her.

“Hey hey Riley Mae, you don’t raise your voice like that.” Charlie spoke sternly to her daughter.

“Well she do it wrong,” Riley yelled at Charlie. “She’s silly.”

“Riley,” Charlie scolded as she gave her daughter the angry eyes. “Play nicely.”

“She just no no cos she is just 3.” Paige answered as Bella ran over to Bianca, looking like she was going to cry.

“No, you is 3 too.” Bella answered as she climbed up onto her mother’s knee.

“We is nearly 4,” Paige held up 4 fingers. “You just three.” Paige exhaled referring to the fact that Bella was 3 only 2 weeks before hand.

“So, I still 3 and you is.” Bella said as she let a tear escape her eye.

“Now now Bella, you don’t need to cry.” Bianca rubbed her daughters back softly.

“Riley say sorry to Bella.” Charlie said.

Riley furrowed her eyebrows. “But mummy she did it wrong. She -”

“Riley Mae I will not ask you again.” Charlie moved Noah in her arms as she pointed one finger at her daughter.

Riley sighed before she ran over to Bella. “I is sorry.” Riley said quietly.

“You no shout to me no more,” Bella shook her head. “Okay.”

“No no more,” Riley said. “Now you come play.” Bella jumped down from Bianca’s knee and ran back across the room with Bella.

“If only I was that forgiving with Liam,” Bianca exhaled. “We’d probably be married by now.” Bianca joked.

“Well Liam did a little bit worse than Riley did,” Charlie answered as she once again moved Noah in her arms. “So it’s understandable.”

“Yeah,” Bianca smiled weakly. “It’s getting better with us, and Ash is doing a lot better with him too, I...I should probably just let myself have what I want, shouldn’t I?”

“Well the heart wants what it wants, so....” Charlie trailed off.

“Oh Bee-Bee,” Paige skipped excitedly over to her. “Did you know we at kindy.”

“I do,” Bianca smiled, halting her conversation about Liam for now. “Are you enjoying it?”

“It’s good,” Paige smiled. “We like the sand pit. It’s fun, just like the beach.”

“Yeah it will be,” Bianca smiled. “So, what else do you do there?” Bianca questioned. Paige exhaled as she moved her hair from in front of her face, before she climbed up onto Bianca’s knee, ready to tell her about kindergarten.

Bianca sighed lightly as she walked down the stairs. She did feel slightly lonely once she’d put the kids to bed. She walked into the kitchen and clicked her tongue as she opened the fridge and pulled out the bottle of white wine and poured herself a small glass. Just as she was about to take a drink the doorbell rang, and Bianca walked over to the door and pulled it open to see Liam standing at the other side. “Liam,” Bianca tried to sound casually but she was glad to see him. “You’re a bit late to see the kids. They’re in bed.”

“I knew they would be,” Liam answered. “I eh....” Liam scratched the back of his head. “I didn’t come to see the kids.”

Oh,” Bianca gave a small smile, which Liam returned. “Come in.” Bianca cleared her throat as Liam walked into the house and noticed the glass of wine in her hand.

“Some people say drinking alone is a sign of alcoholism,” Liam said as he pointed to the glass in her hand. Bianca widened her eyes as she pursed her lips together. “Of course I know it’s just a small drink for you.” Liam added as they walked over to the couch and took a seat, Bianca laying her glass down on the coffee table.

“So, how was your day?” Bianca asked as she picked up the cushion and hugged it around her stomach.

Liam huffed. “Same old,” Liam sighed. “I had another job interview today. A guitar shop in Yabbie Creek. I thought as a musician, a guitar playing musician who knows about guitars I might be in with a chance, but...” Liam shook his head. “I just got a call telling me I was unsuccessful.”

“I’m sorry,” Bianca exhaled lightly. “But at least you’re trying.”

“Trying is no good,” Liam shook his head. “I need to make money. I’m running very low and rent for the van is due soon and I feel I need to start giving you money to help with the kids....” Liam trailed off as he shook his head.

“You don’t need to give me anything,” Bianca shook her head. “At least, not yet. Once you get a job then yeah, you should pay some money for your son, but until then I’m not expecting a penny.”

“Thanks,” Liam gave a half smile. “I promise if I ever get employed because let’s face it, no one is going to fight to employ an ex drunken druggie are they? But if some is nice enough to give me that chance then I’ll pay my way for Ash. And Bella. I’ll pay my way for both our kids.” Bianca smiled appreciatively before looking into his eyes. She loved his eyes. “So, anyways, how was your day?”

Bianca cleared her throat. “Yeah, yeah it was good,” Bianca answered. “Hung out with Charlie and the kids for most of it.”

“That’s good.” Liam answered.

“Yup.” Bianca nodded before pursing her lips together.

“Bianca, can I ask you something?” Liam spoke tentatively as he moved slightly closer to her on the couch.

“Yeah, sure.” Bianca answered as she gave him a questioning look.

Liam took a deep breath. “Over these last few months....well we’ve....we been getting closer and I....” Liam trailed off. “I eh....”

“Liam,” Bianca exhaled. “We have been getting on yeah, but -”

“No, don’t say but,” Liam took Bianca’s hands in his and gave them a gentle squeeze. “Bianca I can see it in your eyes, the looks that you give me when you think I’m not looking your way.....I know that you want this too. Please just let it happen. I promise you can trust me.”

“Liam I -” Bianca started to talk but was stopped by Liam’s lips softly pressing up against hers. She resisted for a moment before reciprocating, letting the kiss become deeper and more passionate. Liam slid his hands down her back, and went under her top, Bianca pulling away slightly as his cold hands met with her body, before letting them rest there. The kiss became more intense as Liam pushed Bianca down on the couch, Bianca wrapping her arms around his neck, as Liam’s hands made their way around her body and down to the top of her jeans, just as he was going to unbutton them, the house phone started ringing. “Mmm, I should get that.” Bianca said as she pulled her head back.

“Ignore it.” Liam whispered as he started kissing her neck.

“Mmm,” Bianca moaned. “I shouldn’t.”

“You can,” Liam smiled before continuing to place soft kisses on her neck. “See, now it’s stopped.”

As Liam spoke, Bianca’s mobile started vibrating on the coffee table. “Mmm no,” Bianca pushed Liam from her and both sat up on the couch. “It could be important,” Bianca said as she picked up the mobile to see Dexter was calling her. “Hey, Dex what’s up?” Bianca questioned as she straightened up her top. “Aprils what? Is she okay?.....yeah, of course I can get there....okay....yeah I’m on my way,” Bianca hung up the phone and jumped up from the couch in a panic. “April’s gone into labour. She wants me at the hospital.”

“Okay, well you go and be there for your sister.” Liam answered.

“But what about the kids?” Bianca questioned. “I can’t leave them on their own.”

“I’ll stay and watch them,” Liam answered. “You just go and be at the hospital for your sister.”

“I eh....” Bianca trailed off. She’d never left her kids with Liam alone since his return 3 months before hand.

“Don’t look so worried,” Liam said calmly. “I’ll be fine. I’ve not touched a drop of alcohol or took any drugs since I’ve been back have I?”

Bianca shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know. I don’t think so.”

“I swear I haven’t,” Liam shook his head. “All I’ve focused on is my son, and Bella and you. And trying to find a job,” Liam answered. “You were about to sleep with me so surely you can trust me.”

Bianca bit her lip. “Okay,” Bianca nodded before looking down to the coffee table were her glass of wine sat. She picked the glass up and walked into the kitchen, with Liam following and poured the wine down the sink before opening the fridge and taking out the rest of the bottle. She gave Liam a quick glance and could see he looked pretty hurt by her actions. “Sorry, but I need to make sure they are safe,” Bianca said as she picked up her car keys and headed over to the door, the bottle of wine going with her. “Call me if you need to.” Bianca said before she left the house.

Archived