Forever Yours

Guest Danni02

Thank you everyone. :wub: And I'm sorry for the wait for this chapter. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Chapter 121

Brax parked in the car in the hospital car park and eagerly got out and started walking towards the doors of the hospital. It was a few seconds before he realised Charlie wasn’t walking with him. He turned around to see she was still sitting in the car, a look of worry plastered across her face. He exhaled lightly before walking back to the car and over to the passenger side. He unlocked the door before he opened it and knelt down, placing his hand on Charlie’s knee. “What if.....what if the reason they decided we could see her again is because.....because she isn’t doing well and she might.....what if she...” Charlie trialled off, unable to say the word.

“Hey, hey, no.” Brax shook his head. “She’ll be okay. We’re not going to lose her.”

“Well we can still lose her....we will still lose her.” Charlie said sadly. “DOCS are going to take her away from us too.”

“Charlie they will realise that they’ve made a mistake and we’ll get kids back. We’re not going to do anything that can put the kids at risk, are we?”

“It’s happened before.” Charlie exhaled. “I had Jacob taken from me when he was a baby. That’s going to be on file right, so if it’s happened before they might feel -”

“Charlie, no. Don’t do this to yourself.” Brax shook his head. “You got Jacob back pretty quick because they realised you’d done nothing wrong, and the same is going to happen this time. We’ll get our babies back, Charlie, I’ll make sure of it.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Charlie questioned. “How will you make sure of it?”

“I mean that....” Brax trailed off as he exhaled. “I mean...if it means getting our children back then maybe I should go find Liam and take him to the station or the DOCS people myself.”

Charlie gave a small laugh. “You should be so lucky. Liam won’t do anything for anyone but himself at the moment.”

“Maybe not.” Brax sighed. “But c’mon let’s go and see Paige.” Brax said and Charlie gave a small nod before she got out of the car. He smiled lightly at her as he took her hand, and they walked to the hospital together. They stopped outside the room and looked at each other, both with the same look of worry on their face as to if their daughter was going to be okay. They took a deep breath before they opened the door and walked into the room. Charlie’s heart skipped a beat in fear as she looked around the empty room. They bed was made neatly, and it looked like no one had been in it for a while. She looked up at Brax worriedly. “Maybe they just moved her room.” Brax said, before the sounds of the toilet flushing could be heard. Charlie looked up to the see the bathroom door opening and Paige walking out with the DOCS lady walking behind her.

“Mummy.” Paige grinned as she ran forward excitedly and jumped up into her arms. Charlie gave a sigh of relief as she held her daughter tightly in her arms.

“Hey baby.” Charlie smiled as she sat down on the chair and placed Paige down on her knee.

“Hey squirt.” Brax smiled as he ruffled Paige’s hair.

“Hi daddy.” Paige smiled up at Brax as he sat down on the bed, and continued to keep his hand on his daughter, rubbing her arm.

“You feeling okay?” Brax questioned.

“I good.” Paige smiled and the door opened and Sid walked into the room.

“Sid.” Brax said as he stood up from the bed. “How’s things looking?”

“Good.” Sid smiled. “She’s responded well to the second round of IV, and there are no signs of any sorts of lasting damage.”

“Thank God.” Charlie exhaled as she rubbed her daughters back, who was cuddled into her mother.

“Mummy, I no like Uncle Liam sweetie. It made me sick.” Paige said.

“I know.” Charlie nodded. “But sweetie, that wasn’t for you to eat. Uncle Liam shouldn’t have had those either.”

“Why?” Paige asked.

“Because they’re not good for you.” Brax answered as he bent down and cupped his hand around the back of his daughters head. “And you never eat anything again until you ask mummy and daddy or another adult, like Auntie Bee-Bee or Ruby or Irene, okay?”

“Okays.” Paige nodded. “I no want to be sick again.”

“No, we don’t want that.” Charlie shook her head as she continued to hold tightly onto her daughter, for fear that she would soon be taken away from her and she wasn’t sure how long it could be for.

“So, hi.” The DOCS woman smiled as she shook Brax and Charlie’s hands. “I’m Fiona and I’ve been here watching over your daughter. She’s a lovely little thing.”

“Yeah, she takes after her mum.” Brax smiled. “So do you have any good news you can tell us?”

“Unfortunately not at the moment.” Fiona shook her head. “Once Paige is discharged she will be going to stay with Irene along with her siblings.”

Charlie pursed her lips together as she felt tears form in her eyes. “Do you think...I mean...what are the odds of getting the children back?”

“I think they are pretty good.” Fiona smiled. “But we just have to be safe, you know, for the sake of the children we can’t rush this.”

“I understand.” Charlie nodded.

“Mummy can we get a snack?” Paige asked.

“Maybe you could let them take her to the canteen. Half an hour. Let them spend time with their daughter before you take her away.”

“I can’t let them be alone with her.” Fiona shook her head.

“We’re not going to do anything. We’re not going to run. We know that would only make the situation worse.” Brax exhaled. “All we want is 30 minutes with our daughter without someone breathing down our necks, watching our every move. Please.”

Fiona took a deep breath as she looked from Brax to Charlie, and down to little Paige, who looked the happiest and most comfortable she’d ever seen her as she sat in her mother’s arms. “Half an hour.” Fiona nodded. “But let’s keep this quiet. I don’t need my bosses finding out about this.”

“Thank you.” Charlie smiled as she stood up from the seat and put Paige down on the floor, where she immediately took a hold of her mother’s hand. Brax stepped forward and took Paige’s other hand in his and the 3 of them walked happily out of the room together, glad to spend some quality time together.

Bianca took a deep breath before she knocked on the door. “Bianca.” Brax smiled as he answered the door.

“Hey.” Bianca said as she stepped into the house with Ash and Bella following her. “Hey Charlie.” Bianca said as she looked down to the couch where Charlie was sitting

“Hi.” Charlie smiled weakly.

“Chalie.” Bella grinned as she skipped into the living room and jumped up on the couch. “Why they at Nana Reens?”

“They eh...” Charlie trailed off as she looked up to Bianca.

“Hey Ash you want to come to play with Jacob’s pirate ship?” Brax questioned and Ash nodded before he looked up to Bianca.

“Am I allowed?” Ash asked.

“Sure you can.” Bianca smiled. “Bella you go play too.” Bianca said and the kids ran out of the room behind Brax. Bianca sat down on the couch next to Charlie and exhaled lightly. “If you don’t want to talk about it you don’t have too.”

“How much do you already know?” Charlie asked.

“Irene didn’t give much away.” Bianca shook her head. “She just said she was looking after them for a few days and that it wasn’t really her place to say what he did. But then she muttered something about Liam, so something’s obviously happened.”

“He eh....he brought....she took.....” Charlie trailed off as she shook her head. “Paige eh....Liam had ecstasy and she...she....”

Bianca brought her hand up to her mouth in shock. “I am so sorry....God....is Paige okay?”

“She will be. They want to keep her in the hospital for one more night. She’ll be going to Irene’s tomorrow.”

“Charlie.” Bianca sighed. “I’m so sorry. If there’s anything -”

“No there’s not.” Charlie shook her head. “All I want is my kids back and you can’t help with that, so...”

“Charlie, I am so sorry.” Bianca shook her head. “I should have made sure that I took it from him. I knew he had it and I....I didn’t try hard enough. I am so sorry. I just wanted him out of the house and away from the kids when he had the drugs...I didn’t think he’d come around to yours and if he did I didn’t think you’d let him stay...but that doesn’t excuse anything. I am so sorry Charlie.”

Charlie shook her head lightly as she pursed her lips together. “You knew he had the drugs?” Charlie questioned.

“Yeah, I did, but I took them from him, but he managed to get them back. There was nothing I could do.”

“You should have tried harder.” Charlie yelled as she stood up from the couch. “Paige was in a bad way for a while....DOCS have taken my kids from me because of you.” Charlie shouted.

“Charlie, no.” Bianca shook her head as she stood up.

“Yes.” Charlie shouted. “Bianca how could you let him leave the house with the drugs. Why didn’t you let him stay so you could keep an eye on him?”

“I didn’t want him around the kids when he was drunk.....when he had drugs on him. I mean what if Bella or Ash got a hold of it?”

“What as opposed to Paige you mean?” Charlie questioned. “But oh just as long as it’s not one of your kids its fine?”

“No, I didn’t mean that I -”

“Just get out.” As Charlie shouted Brax appeared back in the room, with Ash and Bella lingering quietly behind him, wondering what all the shouting was for.

“Charlie, please just -”

“Now.” Charlie yelled as she walked over to the door and opened it, pointing to the outside. Bianca exhaled lightly as she walked across the room and took the kids’ hands and left the house. Charlie slammed the door shut behind her and turned around to find Brax right in front of her.

“Hey, what was that all about?” Brax asked as he put his hand on her arm.

“Nothing. Just...I want to be left alone.” Charlie said as she shrugged his arm away and walked down the hall and into her bedroom, slamming the door shut behind her.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone. :wub: Hope you like this one.

Chapter 122

““Charlie.” Brax knocked lightly on the door of the bedroom. He’d left her as she wished for almost an hour, but Nigel had phoned saying Emma had put an offer in for the house, so they needed to discuss if they were going to sell to them. “Charlie.” Brax said once again as he opened the door and walked into the room. “Nigel called. Emma’s made an offer on the house so we need to discuss if we want to sell to her.”

“Right now?” Charlie questioned as she stayed in her position on the bed. She was lying down in the foetal position, the covers wrapped over her.

“Well we need to let them know eh.” Brax answered as he sat down on the behind her and rubbed her back.

“Can’t we just tell Nigel we have some personal issues going on at the moment?” Charlie asked as she sat up in the bed and looked up at Brax.

“I think we’ve gotta get this sorted babe.” Brax exhaled. “And maybe by selling this house and getting on with decorating the new one, it can help keep us occupied and busy.”

“What by decorating and moving into a house that’s even bigger than this one and that’s going to feel even more empty without the kids?”

“I know.” Brax sighed. “But think about how much the kids will love it when they come home.” Brax smiled.

“If they come home.” Charlie said quietly.

“Sweetheart they will. You heard Fiona.” Brax smiled as he wrapped his arm around her. Charlie rested her head on his chest and exhaled lightly.

“We’ve never been away from them for so long.” Charlie said. “And it’s only really been a day. It’s only Monday, and they were taken away from us yesterday. I can’t....a whole week without them...I can’t do it.”

“We’ll get through it.” Brax smiled. “I know it’ll be hard, but well get there somehow...as long as we keep helping each other through, we'll get there.”

“I hope so.” Charlie replied. “So, about Emma and the house....what do you think then?”

“I think that we....that Emma is fine.” Brax said. “That we should let them buy the house.”

“Yeah?” Charlie questioned.

“Yeah.” Brax nodded. “But what about you? You met her so what did you think of her?”

“She seemed nice enough.” Charlie replied. “I don’t really think we’d have a problem selling to her. I mean, we don’t really know what’s going on with Ryan, but I don’t think we have anything to worry about.”

“Okay, so they’ve offered us $10,000 below the asking price, but I figure since we’ve not had to pay for the new house, we could afford to go a little bit lower.”

“Ehm, yeah.” Charlie nodded. “And it might actually be good to get a change of scenery...you know we’ll be outside the bay, just our house....it might....I dunno, it might help in some ways, I guess.”

Brax smiled as he rubbed Charlie’s arm lightly. “I know. I’ll call Nigel back soon. So, do you want to talk about what happened with Bianca?”

Charlie shook her head as she pursed her lips together. “I need to go apologise to her. She knew Liam had the drugs but it wasn’t her fault.” Charlie exhaled lightly. “My mind is just all over the place right now worrying about the kids, I....I know she’s not to blame.”

“I’m sure Bianca will know that things are hard for you right now, she probably won’t have taken it to heart.” Brax said.

“It still doesn’t mean that I can get away with talking to her like that.” Charlie sighed. “She’s more like my sister than my friend and I was...it wasn’t fair to shout at her like that. She was just thinking about her kids because if he did stay there it probably would have been Bella in the hospital right now.”

“Like I say I’m sure she won’t hold it against you.” Brax said. “You can go and see her later and make-up.”

“Yeah. I will.” Charlie smiled lightly as she snuggled herself even closer to Brax. He softly kissed the top of her head as he rubbed her back, and the couple just sat there together in silence, both of them hoping that soon enough there kids would be back with them.

“Hello.” Liam shouted as he stood at the door of the house. “Bianca....hello.”

Bianca walked down the stairs of the house, and over to the door as she heard him shouting. “Liam.”

“I just wanted to get some fresh clothes.” Liam said. Bianca looked at him and noticed he was twitching slightly and his eyes were unable to focus.

“Are you high on something?” Bianca questioned.

Liam laughed lightly as he ran his hand through his hair. “Yeah, so.”

Bianca shook her head, feeling disgusted at the man standing before her. The man who she once loved and thought she knew better than anyone, but now, she felt like she didn’t know him at all, but once thing she knew for sure was that she still loved him more anything and it hurt so much that she felt that breaking up with him was the only thing she could do at the moment. “Wait there. I’ll go get you some stuff.”

“Can’t I go myself?” Liam sniffed as he spoke.

“No.” Bianca shook her head. “Ash and Bella are playing in his bedroom. I don’t want them seeing you in that state.”

“I thought you said I could see the kids. I miss them.”

“You can see the kids.” Bianca replied. “Just not when you are high or drunk. I told you, it’s not fair on them and they deserve better as a father.”

“He is my son. He’s not yours. Who do you think has more rights over him?”

“Liam.” Bianca exhaled lightly as she heard footsteps on the stairs and turned around to see Ash walking into the kitchen.

“Bee can I get a drink?” Ash asked as he stood close to her.

“Hey bud.” Liam smiled as he bent down to Ash’s level.

Ash looked up at Liam before looking to Bianca then back to Liam, who was holding onto the worktop to keep himself balanced. “You’re drunk.” Ash said before he turned around and ran away.

“What have you been saying to him?” Liam asked. “You’re turning him against me.”

“I would never do that.” Bianca shook her head. “But he’s not stupid. He’s almost 7 he knows things are going on with us....with you.”

Liam shook his head as he stepped into the house. “Just let me get my things.”

“Wait there. I told you I’d get them for you.” Liam sighed as he banged his fist against the worktop as Bianca went up the stairs, and returned moments later with a bag of his clothes. “There you go.” Bianca said as she threw the bag down in front of him.

“Bee, babe....just give me another chance.” Liam pleaded. “Whatever it takes, I’ll do it.”

“It’s too late.” Bianca shook her head as she felt herself welling up. “Too much has happened. And now Charlie and Brax have lost the kids because of you.”

“What?” Liam asked.

“DOCS took them away.” Bianca spat. “And it was because of your drugs. It’s your fault.”

“Oh.” Liam said looking shocked. “I’ll sort it.....babe.....I’ll do anything if it means getting you back.”

“Only if it meant getting me back?” Bianca asked. “Liam you will get this sorted no matter what.” Bianca shouted. “They don’t deserve to have their children taken from them.”

“I know....I’m sorry...I....”

“I’m not the one you need to apologise too.” Bianca shook her head. “Just...go away and leave me alone. I'm passed caring if you go to rehab, but for Charlie and Brax, you will tell the police it was you who assault Ryan and tell DOCS what happened with the drugs.” Bianca said before she pushed Liam back and out of the house. “Now, get out my house.” Bianca said before shutting the door in his face. She leaned her head against the door and took a deep breath as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Liam sat in the dingy motel room as he pulled them out of his pocket. He lay them down across the table and sighed lightly before he held his head in his hands. He stared down at the pills and fought with himself on whether he should take them or not. Thinking about everyone he’d hurt. Bianca, Ash, Bella. His family. His family that he’d already lost because of drink, and now he was turning back to drugs. Then he thought about little Paige, and how he’d as good as put her in hospital, and how Riley and Jacob had been taken from their home and their parents. He thought about what Charlie and Brax must be going through, from Charlie and Brax having their kids taken from them because of him. What Brax must be going through from getting hassled by the police about something that he didn’t do. He screamed out as he flung the table up causing the drugs to fly across the room, the table to fall back against the wall. He walked across the room and reached for his jacket and put it on himself before walking out into the cold of the early morning. He quickened his pace as he walked along the sidewalk, not stopping for anything, just walking until he’d reached his destination. He stood outside and looked up, taking a deep breath before walking in. He walked over to the desk and put his hands on the edge as he took another deep breath. The lady at the desk took a step back and she looked up at him, his hair all tangled and in desperate need of a brush, the beginnings of a scruffy beard starting to show. The strong smell of liquor coming from his breath and body. “Can I help you sir?” The lady finally spoke.

“I eh....where do I start.” Liam answered.

“From the beginning would be good.” She replied.

Liam took a deep breath. “Ryan Sullivan...I put him in hospital.” Liam said. “And eh....Paige Braxton...it’s my fault. I had the drugs. Her parents...they’ve done nothing wrong except try to do the right by helping me and I repay them by putting their little one in hospital.” The lady nodded at what Liam had told her.

“If you’d like to come through to the interview room and we’ll go through that again.” The officer said as she led Liam into the room.

Thanks everyone. :wub:

Chapter 123

Brax yawned as he walked down the hall and opened the house door. “Sergeant Watson what can I do for you?”

“Mr Braxton.” Georgie said. “May I come in?”

Brax gestured for her to come into the house, before closing the door and following her over to the table. “So to what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?”

“Mr Murphy came to the station very early this morning.” Georgie said. “He said it was him who attacked Mr Sullivan.”

“He did.” Brax nodded. “About time he owned up to it.”

“You would think so, but Mr Sullivan still says it was you, so you can understand our confusion.”

“Well Mr Sullivan is a liar.” Brax replied as he ran his hand across the kitchen table. Georgie watched Brax, trying to read his face, and was slightly surprised to find herself believing him.

“Well we will have to talk to Mr Sullivan again so you’re not off the hook just yet.” Georgie said. “But Mr Murphy did seem genuine in his confession.”

“Well of course he would. It was him.” Brax replied.

“Yes.” Georgie nodded. “Is Charlie in?”

Brax shook his head. “She’s at work, why?”

“I wanted to tell her I’m sorry for what’s happening with the kids. She doesn’t deserve to have her children taken from her.”

“Well I’m here. You could tell me that.”

“Like I said, Charlie doesn’t deserve to have her kids taken from her.” Georgie looked Brax up and down before she stood up. He shook his head lightly as he walked her over to the door.

“Well thank you for your visit, Sergeant.” Brax said as he opened the door and showed her out. He shut the door and walked down the hall and into the twins’ room. It was still the same as they’d left it, Paige’s side of the room all neat and tidy, and Riley’s was a whole lot messier. Her bed still to be made, the blocks still scattered around the floor. He exhaled lightly as he walked across the room and picked up Paige and Riley’s octopus teddies and held them close to him as he felt his eyes glaze over. With Charlie out of the house, and no one to be strong for, he could finally release his tears. As he breathed in the sweet smell from their teddies, the tears rolled down his cheek. He kept the teddies in his hands as he walked through to Jacob’s bedroom and sat down on his bed, picking up one of the little pirates from his pirate ship. He took a deep breath before walking through to the kitchen and leaving the toys on the kitchen table, and walking out of the house, and going into the granny flat and pulled out his surf board and made his way to the beach.

Charlie was standing at the kitchen table, looking down at the octopuses and little pirate that Brax had put there earlier. She ran her hand across one of them and exhaled as the door opened and Brax walked back into the house. “Hey, what are you doing home?” Brax asked as he walked over to Charlie.

“I got sent home.” Charlie sighed. “I was sending people to the wrong rooms and mucking up appointments and such. Said I wasn’t focused so...” Charlie trailed off. “Here I am. I got the rest of the week off.”

“Aww babe, I’m sorry.” Brax said as he stepped forward and pulled her into a hug.

“It’s not your fault I’m a complete wreck.” Charlie said as she looked up to him. “How can you be so strong?” As Charlie spoke she realised maybe Brax wasn’t being as strong as she first though. She looked into his eyes and could tell immediately that he’d been crying. “Or maybe not?” Charlie questioned as she gently brushed her hand across his cheek.

“Oh no no.” Brax shook his head. “I was out surfing. You know how the sea water can sometimes irritate my eyes.” Charlie pursed her lips together as she nodded lightly. She knew Brax wasn’t telling her the truth, but could also see that he was trying not to show how affected he was by this. She knew he was trying to be strong for her sake, so she let it go, for now.

“Been playing with their toys?” Charlie asked as she picked up one of the octopuses.

“Just makes me feel a little closer to them eh.” Brax replied as he looked away from Charlie.

“Brax.” Charlie pursed her lips together before she exhaled.

“So eh, can I get you some lunch? I’m going to make myself a sandwich if you want one?”

“Yeah, sure.” Charlie smiled lightly as she put the teddy back on the table. “So, did you do anything else this morning apart from go surfing?”

“Eh I had a visit from Georgie.” Brax sighed as he pulled the bread out of the breadbin. “Liam’s handed himself in to the station, so hopefully that’s them off my back now about Ryan.”

“Well at least that could be one worry lifted from us.” Charlie gave a sort of half smile as she put the kettle on and took the milk from the fridge.

“Yeah.” Brax smiled lightly as he began to chop up a tomato. “And we are getting to see the kids tomorrow, I can’t wait.” Charlie smiled nervously as she handed Brax the ham and lettuce from the fridge.

“No, me either.” Charlie replied. “Hopefully if Liam has admitted to attacking Ryan, he’d have also mentioned what happened with the drugs, you know, clearing us of any wrong doing and allowing the kids to come home.”

“If only it was that easy.” Brax muttered as he put some ham onto the sandwiches. “But yeah, you could be right....I hope you’re right.” Brax voice broke as he spoke the last few words. “God, I miss them so much.”

“I know.” Charlie said as she rubbed his back in comfort. “And you don’t need to be so strong all the time. You’re allowed to show emotions too.” Charlie said softly. “It’s okay to cry.” As Charlie said the last line, Brax broke down into tears. Charlie exhaled lightly as she pulled him into a hug, knowing now it was her turn to comfort Brax.

Bianca opened the door of the house to find Charlie standing at the other side, a bottle of white wine in one hand and a box of chocolates in the other. She gave her a soft smile as she invited her into the house. “My apology.” Charlie said as she handed Bianca the wine and chocolates. “I’m so sorry. I was way out of line blaming you like that. I know it wasn’t your fault.”

“It’s okay.” Bianca said as she put the wine and chocolates down on the kitchen worktop. “It must be so hard for you. I couldn’t begin to imagine what you’re feeling right now.”

“I can’t even explain it.” Charlie shook her head. “Knowing that we get to see the kids tomorrow is kind of helping a little bit, but then when we have to say goodbye....” Charlie trailed off as she shook her head. “But with Liam handing himself in, maybe things will get sorted out.”

“Liam handed himself in?” Bianca questioned.

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “Early this morning.”

“Wow.” Bianca pursed her lips together. “Well I guess that’s what we all wanted.”

“It’s okay to feel upset.” Charlie said as she stepped forward and rubbed Bianca’s arm in comfort. “I know you hate what he’s done lately, but you still love him.”

“Is it that obvious?” Bianca asked as she wiped the tears from her cheek. Charlie gave her a slight nod in reply. “God why does life have to be so hard?”

“Because it would be boring otherwise. At least that’s what you always told me.”

“Well I think all this is just a bit too much.” Bianca sighed.

“Tell me about it.” Charlie replied. “So we’re okay right? I mean we are still....”

“Of course. I don’t blame you for flying off at someone. Well at me. You’ve been so strong it was bound to happen.”

“I wouldn’t say I was strong.” Charlie shook her head. “Brax has been the one getting me through it. So much so that he felt he needed to hide away his feelings for my sake.”

“Well it must be really hard on you both. At least you’ve stuck by each other. It must be a massive help to have each other for support.”

“Yeah. It is.” Charlie smiled. “And I should be grateful to Irene too. If it wasn’t for her taking in the kids they could have been split up and in homes with strangers. I don’t know how I will repay her for what she is doing for us right now.”

“I’m sure she won’t be expecting anything in return.” Bianca smiled lightly. “You know Irene, she is always happy to help people out.”

“Yeah she is.” Charlie smiled. “I just wish I could find out how they are doing. I mean I know Irene will be looking after them fine, but you know, you’re a mother yourself so you know that you are always thinking of them.”

“I was at Irene’s earlier for a bit. Jacob and Riley are fine. Although Irene did say that Riley is missing you both terribly and refuses to go to sleep unless Jacob is there with her. It’s at night where she seems to ask for you most.”

“She always was difficult to get to sleep.” Charlie exhaled.

“And Paige was there too.” Bianca said softly. “She was pretty quiet, but she often is with anyone but you anyways, so she is just being herself.”

“But they all seemed okay?” Charlie questioned.

“Oh yeah.” Bianca nodded. “Jacob and Riley were running around having a great time playing with Bella and Ash. I think Paige is still a little bit off from the whole drug taking episode, she just sat on the couch and cuddled into me.”

“Thank you.” Charlie smiled.

“It’s okay.” Bianca returned the smile. “So, I think I might need help drinking this bottle of wine and eating these chocolates if you’d like to stay?”

“Sounds great.” Charlie replied. “Although, I thought you’d share the choccies with the kids.”

“The kids are sound asleep.” Bianca replied. “So they don’t even know of the chocolates existence.” Charlie laughed lightly as she watched Bianca opening the bottle of wine and pouring two glasses. “And besides, I think we deserve these more.” Bianca smiled as she handed Charlie the glass and put the rest of the wine in the fridge, before following her through to the living room, with her glass of wine in one hand and her box of chocolates in the other.

Thank you everyone. :wub:

Chapter 124

Charlie walked into the house to find Brax sitting on the couch, the first aid box sitting on the coffee table, and Brax pulling at something on his finger as the blood ran down and fell onto his jeans. “What have you done?” Charlie asked as she walked over to the couch and sat down on the coffee table and took Brax’s hand into hers.

“I’m sorry.” Brax began to well up as he spoke. “I didn’t touch a drop but I still went out and bought it. But when I opened the bottle and smelt the alcohol I knew if I so much as took one tiny sip that we’d be over.”

“Brax.” Charlie exhaled lightly as she took the tweezers in her other hand and tried to take out the piece of glass that Brax had managed to get stuck in his finger.

“I’m so sorry Chalie please don’t leave me.” Brax said with a pleading voice as his eyes gazed over.

“I’m not going to leave you.” Charlie replied.

“Ouch.” Brax said as he pulled his hand back.

“Hold still.” Charlie said as she pulled his hand closer to her and continued to try to take out the small piece of glass that was stuck in his finger.

“So you’re not mad at me?”

“Mad at you?” Charlie questioned. “Why would I be mad at you? After all we’ve been through lately you’ve still managed to resist the temptation of drinking. Brax I’m not near being mad at you. In fact, I’m proud of you.”

“I was still weak enough to go out and buy the bottle though.”

“But you didn’t drink it, did you?” Charlie questioned. “And that’s the most important thing.”

“I threw it in the sink.” Brax explained. “I tried to clean up the glass but well...” Brax looked down to his hand. “Ouch.” Brax moaned as Charlie pulled the small piece of glass from his finger.

“Don’t be such a baby.” Charlie laughed before she took a sanitised wipe and wiped it over his small cut.

“I’m sorry.” Brax sighed. “You probably didn’t need to come home and deal with this. We’ve got enough going on.”

“Maybe if you were drunk you would be able to say that, but like I say, Brax, I’m proud that you resisted.” Charlie smiled as she leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on his lips. Brax smiled into the kiss letting it become more passionate, before Charlie pulled back and cleaned up the first kit, before taking it back to the cupboard. She looked down into the sink to see there was glass everywhere. She sighed lightly before she very careful picked up the larger parts and put them into a bag, before going into pick up the smaller parts.

“Careful you don’t cut yourself too.” Brax said as he walked up behind Charlie and put his hand around her waist and he looked down to his other hand, where his finger was still bleeding lightly. “Do you think I should put a Band-Aid on?”

Charlie laughed lightly. “It’s a tiny cut, Brax.”

“But it’s still bleeding.” Charlie laughed once again as she opened the cupboard and lifted out two Band-Aid boxes. “Well we have Dora the Explorer ones courtesy of the girls, or of course thanks to Jacob we have pirate themed Band-Aids.”

“I’ll take the pirate one.” Brax laughed.

Charlie shook her head before she opened the box and took a Band-Aid out, and wrapped it around Brax’s finger. “There you go.” Charlie said as she lightly patted his finger. “You want me to kiss it better too?”

Brax laughed lightly before he nodded. “Would be nice actually.” Charlie laughed lightly before she placed a soft kiss on Brax’s finger.

“There you go. All better.” Charlie grinned before she turned back around and continued to clean the glass from the sink, being extra careful of cutting herself.

“So did you make up with Bianca?” Brax questioned.

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “We’re all good.”

“Good.” Brax smiled. “So, I was thinking about taking the girls there octopus teddies tomorrow. I know Paige especially likes to sleep with it.”

“Yeah I’m sure they’d love that.” Charlie smiled. “Although we’ll need to take something for Jacob too.”

“I’m sure he’d be happy with one of his many pirate themed toys.”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “Oh I can’t wait to see them Brax.”

“Me either.” Brax smiled. “Me either.” Brax said again as he wrapped his arms around Charlie and gave her a hug.

Charlie looked down at the big brown envelope that was sitting on the kitchen table. “Anything exciting in the mail then?” Brax questioned as he walked into the kitchen.

“Eh...I think....well the kids’ passports arrived.” Charlie exhaled as she put her hand over the envelope.

Brax put his hands on Charlie’s shoulders and massaged her gently. “I can’t wait till we get them to Hawaii. It’s going to be amazing. Even better now after this bother.”

“If we get there.” Charlie sighed. “We’ve got to get them back first and then there is your court case to get through.”

“We’ll get there.” Brax smiled confidently.

“I tell you we’ll need more than a bloody holiday after all this.” Charlie sighed.

“Yeah, well you’ll just have to wait and see won’t you.”

“What does that mean?” Charlie questioned as she looked up to Brax. Brax gave Charlie a cheeky smile before raised his eye brows and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

“I just think the wait for this holiday will be worth it.” Brax said and Charlie smiled before she stood up from the table.

“Well I guess we should get the kids’ toys we want to take and get going to the centre.” Charlie took a deep breath before she shook her head. “I’m so nervous.”

“What do you have to be nervous about?” Brax asked.

“I don’t know I just -” Charlie was cut off by the sounds of a knock at the door. She exhaled lightly as she walked across with Brax walking behind her. “Lara, Fiona.” Charlie said. “I thought we were meeting you at the centre?”

“There’s been a change of plan.” Lara said as she invited herself into the house, with Fiona following after her.

“What do you mean a change of plan?” Brax questioned. “We still get to see the kids, right?”

“Wrong.” Lara shook her head. “I’m here to look around the house. See if there are any more drugs or any dangers for the children.”

“But you said we could see the kids.” Charlie said as she felt herself welling up. Brax placed his hand on her shoulder and squeezed it gently in support.

“Things change.” Lara said. “Now, if you want to wait in here and I’ll go check the house.” Lara said before she disappeared out of the hallway and into the first bedroom. Brax looked up at Fiona, as if wanting an explanation.

“I’m sorry about her.” Fiona said. “She’s always like that.”

“What’s....why has it changed?” Charlie asked.

“I’m not sure.” Fiona shook her head. “I don’t really question her much. I just do as she tells me. It’s easier that way.”

“So.....we’re not going to be seeing them today?” Charlie questioned as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“I don’t think so.” Fiona shook her head. “And I am sorry. I....I see you to be great parents and wouldn’t harm your children in a way....but other parents I work with....I feel they don’t deserve to have their kids.” Fiona once again shook her head. “It’s just not fair.”

“I’ve not seen them for 4 days.” Charlie cried. “You have to understand...I feel...” Brax stepped forward and pulled Charlie into a hug.

“I’m sorry.” Fiona replied. “I can’t imagine how hard it must be. Thinking about being away from my boys....I couldn’t do it.”

“Then can’t you let us see them?” Brax asked. “After all you’ve just said about us.”

“I wish I could.” Fiona replied. “But it’s not my choice.”

“Fiona.” Fiona heard her voice behind shouted from through the house.

“I guess I better go and see what she wants.” Fiona smiled lightly at the parents before she left the room in search for Lara.

“Brax.” Charlie cried. “What’s going on?”

“I don’t know.” Brax shook his head. “I don’t know sweetheart. I don’t know.” Brax said as he held her in a comforting hug.

Thank you so much everyone. :wub: Not so sure about how I got this one written, but we'll see what you think.

Chapter 125

Charlie and Brax were sitting on the couch, Brax with his arm around her, rubbing her arm in support. It had been a couple of hours since Lara and Fiona had left the house and Charlie and Brax were no closer finding out why they were no longer allowed to see the kids. “What if...what if we didn’t get to see them because they are going to take them away for good?”

“Nah. Not happening.” Brax shook his head. “I reckon they’ll be back here before we know it. I mean, they’ve just checked the house right?”

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded.

“So then I think they’ve been checking it so that we can get the kiddies back now that they’ve seen we’re no harm.”

“Makes sense, but I dunno I....I can’t help but have a bad feeling about this.” Charlie said just as the doorbell rang. They both jumped up to answer it, finding Fiona standing at the other side along with the kids.

“Mummy.” Paige shouted as jumped up into her arms.

“Hey sweetie.” Charlie smiled as she welled up with tears. “Oh God.” Charlie mumbled as she held daughter in her arms, never wanting to let go again.

“Hey Dad.” Jacob smiled as he hugged him. “I’ve missed you guys.”

“We’ve missed you too Jacob. So much buddy.” Brax said as he ruffled his hair.

“Hey mum.” Jacob smiled as he wrapped his arms her.

“Hey bud.” Charlie smiled as she ruffled her sons hair.

“Hey miss Riley.” Brax smiled as he looked down to his daughter who was standing in the doorway with a frown on her face as she folded her arms across her chest.

“You leaves me for long.” Riley said, sounding unimpressed with her parents.

“We’re really sorry sweetie.” Brax said.

“No’s.” Riley shook her head.

“I say hey daddy.” Paige smiled as she held her arms out to go to him. Brax took Paige into his arms and gave her a big hug. “You’s gots a boo-boo.” Paige said sounding concerned as she put her hand on his finger.

“Yeah.” Brax laughed as Paige kissed it better.

“You going to come inside Riley?” Charlie questioned as she bent down to her level.

“No.” Riley shook her head. “You leave me.”

“Aww I’m sure they didn’t want too.” Fiona said. “They’ve missed you very very much and would love it if you gave them a nice big hug.”

“Hmmmph.” Riley shook her head as she stepped into the house.

“I go back to mummy.” Paige said as she held her arms out and Charlie took her back in her arms.

“So is this for a visit or?” Brax asked as Fiona walked into the house.

“They’re home for good.” Fiona smiled. Brax and Charlie both let out a sigh of relief as Charlie held tightly onto Paige, and Brax put his hands on Jacob’s shoulders. Fiona smiled as she put the kids’ bags down on the floor, before looking down to Riley who was still standing with a frown on her face and her arms folded across her chest. “And I am sorry for the trouble.”

“As long as we have them back now.” Brax smiled as he bent down on Riley’s level. “You still not going to talk?” Brax asked and Riley shook her head.

“You leaved me too long.” Riley sighed.

“We are sorry.” Charlie said as she too bent down. “We didn’t want to leave you that long, we promise.”

“And you never will again?” Riley questioned and Charlie shook her head.

“No.”

“Okays.” Riley smiled as she jumped forward and wrapped her arms around her parents.

“Aww baby.” Charlie muttered. “Mummy loves you so much.”

“Love you too.” Riley smiled as Brax lifted her up into his arms, before they wrapped their arms around Jacob, and the 5 of them stood, in the embrace, Charlie holding onto Paige and Brax, Riley.

“Look, I’ll eh....I let you get back to things.” Fiona smiled.

“Thank you.” Charlie said. “Thank you.”

“It’s alright.” Fiona smiled before she walked out of the house, leaving the family to spend some time together.

Charlie moaned lightly as Brax placed soft kisses on her neck. She ran her hands up his back before resting them in his hair, and Brax’s lips met with hers. He ran his hand under her top and over her bare stomach before resting it against her left breast. “Shhh.” Charlie said as she pulled her head away slightly.

“What?” Brax questioned as his eyes never broke with hers.

“You can hear the kids.” Charlie replied. “They’re standing outside the door.” Charlie and Brax lay there and listened to the hushed voices of the children.

“Well just....” Brax trailed off. “Shhh and they’ll leave.” Brax said before placing another kiss on Charlie’s lips.

“Brax.” Charlie hit his chest lightly as she pushed him from her and sat up in the bed. “You alright to let them in?”

“Sure.” Brax sighed. “Nothing like your kids to help you get rid of a bo -”

“Brax.” Charlie put her hand over his mouth as the door opened and the kids came running into the room. “Hey, what you kids doing up at this time?”

“We just checking.” Paige said as she climbed up onto the bed.

“Yeah.” Riley nodded. “Just checking.” As she too climbed onto the bed.

“That you’re still here for us.” Jacob added as he jumped up next to his sisters.

“Of course we would be.” Charlie smiled. “We told you we’re not going anywhere.”

“Never agains?” Paige asked as she crawled up the bed and cuddled into Charlie.

“Never again baby girl.” Charlie said as she stroked her daughter’s hair.

“Or you daddy?” Riley asked as she crawled across to him.

“No, I’m not going anywhere either.” Brax said as he got out of the bed. “But I do need to go to the bathroom right now.” Brax smiled down at Charlie before he made a quick exit from the room.

“Is the puppy here yet?” Paige asked.

“No, we’ll all go together next week.” Charlie smiled.

“Do we have a name yet?” Jacob asked.

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “What do you kids think?”

“Prittyful.” Paige smiled. “Cos it pretty ay?”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled.

“That a silly name.” Riley sighed. “I’s like eh....eh....well I no no.” Riley shook her head.

“We have time to think of one.” Jacob smiled. “A whole week.”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “I’m sure the right name will come to us.”

“Mummy do we have to sleep?” Paige asked.

“Well it’s very late sweetie.” Charlie answered. “You should be in bed.”

“We could tickle you instead.” Riley giggled.

“Tickle me?” Charlie gasped. “Why would you tickle mummy?”

“Cos it’s funny.” Jacob answered.

“Yeah, let’s get her.” Paige giggled before she leapt onto Charlie and started to tickle her stomach.

“No Paige, no.” Charlie laughed as she tried to remove her daughter from her but Riley and Jacob jumped in to help their sister. Charlie screamed out in laughter and Brax retuned into the room, laughing at the sight he saw. “Brax, help me.” Charlie managed through her laughter.

“No daddy help us get her.” Riley said. Brax smiled down at Charlie before he jumped onto the bed and helped his children in tickling Charlie.

Thanks everyone. That should be most of the drama over now and happier times ahead....if I'm feeling nice....:P

Chapter 126

A week had passed since Charlie and Brax had got the kids back and they’d spent the week chilling out as a family, spending time at the beach, the park, and they were talking about taking a trip to the zoo, but they had decided they would wait until they’d moved into the new house first, then going to the city for the day. “Well that was the last box.” Brax smiled as he placed it down in the master bedroom.

“So now we just have to unpack everything.” Charlie sighed.

“Well we can do something else if you’d like.” Brax grinned as he wrapped his arms around Charlie’s waist and placed a soft kiss on her neck.

“We can’t.” Charlie shook her head.

“Sure we can....and besides, we have plenty of rooms we need to christen.” Brax raised his eyebrows suggestively.

“Brax it’s the middle of the day.” Charlie laughed. “The kids are awake.”

“The kids are in their new rooms unpacking. They’d never know.”

“Mmm and you do realise we are going to have to re-unpack everything they do.”

“Well someone will have too.” Brax laughed. Charlie exhaled lightly as she turned around and hit his chest.

“You finish up in here and then go see if Jacob is getting on okay and I’ll go help the girls.” Charlie said before she left the room and walked down the hall and into the girls’ bedroom. After much deliberation the girls decided that they still wanted to share a room for now, although Riley insisted something had to be done about the pink colour of the walls and the pink carpet, and after a lengthy discussion on all the colours in the world, the girls had decided on yellow and green as the colour theme for the room. “Hey girls.” Charlie said as she walked into the room to see them playing with one of their games. “I thought we asked you to unpack all your clothes and toys.”

“No.” Riley shook her head. “That boring.”

“I know it is.” Charlie agreed as she walked into the room and sat down the floor next to them. “But it needs to be done I’m afraid.” Paige screwed her face up and she crawled onto Charlie’s knee and whispered something in her ear. “I’m sure you’d love me to do it all for you, but you girls are going to help me.” Charlie said as she stood up, lifting Paige to her feet also. “C’mon Riley. You as well.”

“Well I’s gets ice-cream for dinner if I help.” Riley said as she stood to her feet and shook her index finger at her mother as she held her other hand on her hip.

Charlie bit her lip as she looked down at her daughter. “Is that so?”

“Uh-huh.” Riley nodded.

“Well if you want ice-cream you need to help mummy put all this away.”

“So we can get it?” Riley questioned.

Charlie gave a slight nod of the head. “If you get this done.”

“Ooh me too.” Paige said as she jumped on the spot excitedly.

“Yes, you too.” Charlie smiled. “Now chop chop girls, let’s get this done.” Charlie said and she watched for a few seconds as the girls busily got to work, and started putting all the games away under their beds and in the toy box. Charlie smiled once again before she made a start to the girls’ clothes.

“Dinner’s ready.” Charlie shouted up the stairs and a clambering could be heard as the kids ran down and into the kitchen, climbing up to the kitchen table.

“Wow. It is ice-cream.” Riley’s eyes widened as she looked to the bowl of chocolate ice-cream with sprinkles, chocolate sauce and a wafer. Just how she liked it.

“Cool. Ice-cream for dinner.” Jacob grinned as he picked up his spoon and dug in to his bowl, which was exactly the same as his little sisters.

“I gots staburry.” Paige grinned. Hers was the very same as Riley and Jacobs, with the exception of strawberry ice-cream and strawberry sauce replacing the chocolate.

“How come I didn’t get sprinkles or sauce?” Brax questioned.

“You’s too old.” Paige giggled before she took a mouthful of the ice-cream.

“Paige Louise.” Brax gasped. “Daddy isn’t old.”

“You is.” Riley nodded. “Really old.”

“I’m not as old as mummy.” Brax said before giving Charlie a cheeky grin.

“No, but she is really really old.” Paige giggled.

“Paige Louise.” Charlie gasped. “You’re supposed to me my little friend. You’re not supposed to say that about mummy.”

“I is.” Paige nodded. “But you still is so old.”

“Well maybe mummy will just take your ice-cream away.” Charlie teased as she went to pick up the bowl.

“No mummy no.” Paige shook her head as she held onto the bowl. “Just no...you’s not old. You’s not you’s not.” Charlie laughed lightly as she joined the kids and Brax at the table.

“Why does daddy get both kinds of ice-cream?” Jacob asked. “We’s all just got the one. But daddy has both.”

“Because daddy is a fatty.” Charlie answered as she took a mouthful of the strawberry ice-cream.

The kids giggled as Brax hit his stomach. “No fat there babe.”

Charlie just smiled in reply to Brax as she continued to eat her ice-cream. “Why do we have ice-cream for dinner?” Jacob asked.

“Mummy felt like treating you kids.” Charlie smiled.

“More like couldn’t be bothered to cook after a whole day of moving stuff into the house.” Brax muttered and Charlie hit his chest lightly.

“I didn’t see you offering to cook.” Charlie replied.

“No.” Brax shook his head. “I couldn’t be bothered with that after a whole day of moving stuff in.” Brax laughed.

“Can we have ice-cream for dinner all the days?” Riley asked as she looked up to her parents with her little angelic smile. Brax laughed lightly as he shook his head.

“No this is just a rare treat.” Brax answered. “You have to eat proper meals to grow up big and healthy.”

“I’s not want to be.” Riley shook her. “So I get ice-cream all them times.”

“No’s.” Paige shook her. “We ‘ave to be big an elfy.”

“Ice-cream everyday would be boring Riley.” Jacob added.

“Hmmm.” Riley shook her head before taking another mouthful of her ice-cream, getting chocolate marks all around her mouth. “Oh....does puppies like ice-cream?”

“No.” Paige giggled. “Puppies have puppy food ay mummy?”

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “That’s right.”

“When do we get him now?” Jacob asked.

“Tomorrow.” Brax smiled.

Paige gasped as she put her hand over her mouth. “But where it sleep?”

“Oh didn’t we tell you?” Brax questioned. “We’re going to put the puppy in your bed and you’ll go outside in the shed.”

“No daddy.” Paige shook her head. “I no like the shed.” Paige said as she glazed over with tears.

“We should put you in the shed.” Jacob giggled as he looked to Brax.

“Yeah.” The twins giggled.

“Charlie do you here that?” Brax mocked offence. “Our kids want to put me in the shed.”

“Not a bad idea.” Charlie grinned. “But no, sweetie the puppy will sleep down the stairs, in the living room.”

“So my bed for me?” Paige questioned and Charlie nodded.

“Oh mummy you could put the dog in one of the rooms up the stairs. There’s lots. And he could have one all to himself with his bed and....and...eh.....like toys and eh....yeah....like....it would be cool. A whole room for the puppy.” Jacob said excitedly.

“Sounds fun mate.” Brax smiled. “But I think he’ll do just fine down the stairs.”

“He no have name yet.” Paige sighed. “What we going to do?”

“Well think of a name for him.” Brax answered. “That can be your project after dinner.”

“Yeah.” Riley smiled. “We’ll get the best one ay daddy.”

“We sure will sweetie.” Brax smiled, before he looked up to Charlie, who had a tear rolling down her cheek. “Hey, baby, you okay?” Brax questioned as he got off his chair and bent down in front of her, placing his hands on her thighs.

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled as she sniffed back. “I’m just happy.” Charlie smiled as she looked to her children who were finishing off their ice-cream. I‘m just really happy.” Brax smiled as he ran his hand across Charlie’s cheek before he placed a soft kiss on her lips.

Charlie was in the kitchen pouring herself a glass of water when Brax walked into the room. “They’re so excited for getting the puppy tomorrow.” Brax smiled as Charlie turned around and looked up at him.

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “Jacob suggested we call him gizmo.”

“That’s probably the best suggestion we have so far.” Brax answered. “The girls just suggested fluffy, mr lovely, tigger and jib.”

“Jib?” Charlie laughed. “Riley sure has some crazy thoughts.”

“How did you know it was Riley?” Brax asked.

“Well it was, wasn’t it?”

“Yeah.” Brax nodded before laughing lightly. “And you’re right. She does have some crazy ideas.”

“She’s my crazy baby but I wouldn’t have her any other way.” Charlie smiled before she took a drink of the water.

“No.” Brax agreed as he wrapped his arms around Charlie’s waist. “So anyways, the kids are tucked up in bed.”

“Mmm really?” Charlie questioned. “So we can continue to unpack?”

“I was thinking we could do something a little more fun.” Brax raised his eyebrow suggestively.

“So you don’t think un-wrapping plates and mugs is fun?” Charlie questioned. “Man after all these years....and I thought I knew you....but I got you all wrong.”

Brax laughed lightly as he pulled Charlie even closer to him and gently ran his hand down her cheek. “I think you know me pretty well.” Brax whispered before placing a kiss on her lips. Charlie smiled into the kiss as she wrapped her arms around his neck and ran one of her hands through his hair. “What am I thinking right now?” Brax asked as he pulled back slightly.

“That we should have an early night?” Charlie questioned. “Head to bed now.”

“Mmm.” Brax nodded as he kissed her once more. “See you know exactly what I’m thinking.”

“Well best get to bed then.” Charlie grinned before she turned around and opened the cupboard door and took out the chocolate sauce and sprinkles, before turning around and smiling up at Brax, who was standing looking at her confused. “Well you said you didn’t get any at dinner time. I thought you could have a bedtime snack.” Charlie said and Brax eye’s widened as a grin spread across his face.

“God I love you Charlie Buckton.” Brax smiled as he grabbed her hand and led her up the stairs to their bedroom.

Thank you everyone. :wub: Hope you like this next one.

Chapter 127

Charlie, Brax and the kids had made the trip to Sydney to go to the zoo. “Will we see monkeys?” Riley asked as she jumped out of the car.

“You’re a big enough monkey.” Brax replied. “Hey, how about this Charlie. We leave Riley in the monkey pen where she belongs?”

“Sounds like a good idea.” Charlie smiled as Paige’s hand slipped into hers and the family began walking up to the entrance of the zoo.

“I no’s a monkey.” Riley shook her head. “I’s a girl.”

“I think you’re a monkey.” Brax laughed as he lifted his daughter up and put her on his shoulders.

“Daddy no I not.” Riley sighed. “I is a girl ay Paige?”

“Uh-huh.” Paige nodded as she looked up to her sister who was sitting on Brax’s shoulders. “But we’s see monkeys ay mummy?”

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded.

“We’ll see loads. There’s loads at the zoo. But I like the aquarium better. They’s have all the water animals.”

“But the zoo has cool maminals.” Paige said.

“Yeah.” Brax answered. “Gosh Jake the zoo has cool manimals.”

“I know but I love the sea ones best.” Jacob smiled. “But I do want to see the lions. Them’s will be cool.”

“C’mon daddy fork out your wallet.” Charlie laughed as she held her hand out. Brax pulled his wallet out of his back pocket and handed it to Charlie, who stepped forward to the ticket seller and bought the tickets for their day. “So where to first kiddies?” Charlie asked.

“Lions.” Jacob answered.

“Bugs.” Riley smiled from Brax’s shoulders. “Is there bugs?”

“No no.” Paige shook her head. “I see a koala.”

“How about we just start at the start and work our way through.” Brax suggested.

“Yeah.” Paige smiled as she jumped up on the spot. Brax smiled as he took Jacob’s hand in his, holding onto Riley’s leg with his other hand, Riley happily sitting on her father’s shoulder. Jacob put his other hand in Charlie’s and Paige remained holding tightly onto Charlie’s other hand.

“Let’s go.” Riley said as she kicked her leg against Brax’s shoulder, like she was kicking a horse.

“Oi.” Brax tickled Riley’s ankle lightly as she laughed before they made their way over to see their first animal.

“Did you see, did you see mum?” Jacob asked excitedly as he sat down at the table, ready to eat his lunch.

“See what Jacob?” Charlie asked.

“The lion.” Jacob exhaled. “It opened it’s mouth real wide like this.” Jacob opened him mouth real wide in resemblance of the lion.

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “It was scary. I thought he was going to come to eat you guys.”

Jacob giggled. “That’s silly mum. He wouldn’t really eat people would he?”

“No.” Riley shook her head. “Theys no eats us.”

“I don’t know.” Brax shook his head before he took a drink of his juice. “You look pretty tasty.”

“No.” Paige frowned. “Manimals no eat us.”

Charlie and Brax laughed lightly at their kids. “So, Jacob’s favourite was the lion, what about yours girls? What did you like best?”

“Uhm....the panda.” Paige grinned. “The baby was best.”

“Aww yeah it was a little cutie.” Charlie smiled.

“Yeah.” Paige nodded before she picked up her juice-box and took a drink.

“Riley what about you?”

“Uhm...” Riley scratched the side of her head. “I no no.” Riley shook her head. “I wants see the bugs.”

Paige and Charlie screwed their faces up. “Bugs are yucky.”

“Uh-uh.” Riley shook her head. “Thems cool.”

“There’ll be big spiders.” Jacob nodded his head. “In the creepy crawlies bit.”

“Eww.” Paige shivered at the thought of a spider.

“Cool.” Riley’s eyes lit up. “We go there next.”

“Yeah and they have bugs, and these insects that look like the sticks on a tree.” Jacob said. “And them scorpion thingy’s...but they might sting me so I won’t hold that.” Jacob shook his head.

“So looks like we are going to the creepy crawlies house after lunch.” Brax smiled. Charlie and Paige both made a face, looking less than impressed with Riley’s choice. “Don’t worry daddy will look after you girls.” Brax laughed as he looked to Charlie and Paige before he began eating his lunch.

“Bianca come see the puppy.” Jacob said as he pulled on her hand. “Come see him.”

“Yeah, I’ll come through soon.” Bianca smiled. “I want to talk to your mum first.”

“Can we go?” Ash asked as he pulled on her hand.

“Sure.” Bianca smiled down at the kids before Ash and Bella ran through to the living room to where the puppy was. “So how was the zoo?” Bianca asked as she and Charlie made their way into the kitchen and Charlie put the kettle on.

“Good. The kids had a blast.” Charlie smiled. “Riley held a spider.” Charlie shivered as she thought about the spider.

“Eww.” Bianca screwed her face up. “That’s one weird little girl you have. Why would she want to hold a spider....they’re...eww.”

Charlie laughed lightly. “She’s not weird. She’s just.....Riley.” Charlie smiled as she poured milk into the coffee cups. “Paige was having none of it though. She hid behind me the whole time we were in that place. And to be honest I pretty much hid behind Brax.

Bianca laughed. “Well bugs and creepy crawlies aren’t really your thing either.”

“No.” Charlie shook her head as she poured the hot water into the cups. “But Riley and Jacob seemed to like it.”

“Well that’s good.” Bianca smiled. “And now you got them a puppy. Lucky little kids.”

Charlie smiled as she handed Bianca one of the coffee cups before she took a seat at the dining table. “So hows things with you? Have you heard from him since....”

Bianca shook her head before she nodded. “Well yeah, I kinda have heard from him. I got a letter in the mail this morning.” Bianca exhaled. “He wants me to apply for legal guardianship of Ash.”

“Oh wow.” Charlie said. “Are you going to do it?”

Bianca nodded. “I don’t even have to think about it. I love that kid and I’m going to be the best mum I can be to him.”

“I know you will be.” Charlie smiled. “So, does this mean it’s not looking good for him?”

“As far as I’m aware he is still in police custody.” Bianca sighed.

“Do you see a future for you two? Once all this stuff blows over I mean?”

“We’ll see how it goes.” Bianca sighed. “I love him and yeah I’d love to make things work with us again, but we’ll just have to see.”

You know it can work again.” Charlie said. “When Brax went to jail I thought we were over but I gave him that second chance and look what we have now.” Charlie smiled. “I’m so glad that I did give him that chance. Maybe with Liam you can eventually build that perfect family. Even have a child of your own one day.”

“Definitely a no to the children.” Bianca shook her head. “Bella is my one and only.” Bianca smiled as she thought about her daughter. “And I have Ash now too. He’s such a lovely little kid.”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “So a no to the children but to being with Liam?”

“I don’t know.” Bianca shook her head. “We’ll just see what happens, but I think maybe we should just draw the line at us being an...us.” Bianca said sadly.

“Well I’m sure it’ll all work itself out how it’s supposed too.” Charlie said just as Brax walked into the kitchen with all the kids running in behind him.

“Mamma.” Bella said as she ran over to her and climbed up on her knee. “Bax said we have ice-ceam.”

“He did?” Bianca questioned as she looked down to her daughter.

“Uh-huh.” Bella nodded.

“Can we?” Ash asked.

“Yeah fine.” Bianca smiled as Brax took out 5 bowls from the cupboard.

“So, chocolate for Ash, Riley and Jacob and strawberry for Paige and Bella, is that right?”

“Yeah.” A chorus of voices could be heard as Brax dished up the ice-cream before handing the bowls to the kids and instructing them to sit around the table.

“Dad where is the chocolate sauce and sprinkles?”

Charlie choked on her coffee and Brax looked to her as if wanting help to answer. “You alright there?” Brax asked and Charlie nodded lightly.

“Dad.” Jacob raised his voice. “The sauce and sprinkles?”

“There finished mate.” Brax answered. “You must have finished them last night.”

“No.” Riley shook her head. “There lots left.”

“You must have finished them if there’s none left.” Charlie answered as she walked over to the cupboard and took out the wafers. “But there are plenty of wafers left.” Charlie said as she waked back over to the table and put them in the middle and watched as all the little hands reached in to take some.

“We not.” Paige shook her head. Charlie and Brax gave each other a glance before the door burst open and the puppy came bounding into the kitchen and ran over to Bianca and jumped up excitedly.

“Hey puppy.” Bianca smiled as she started to clap him. The puppy let out a little yelp of excitement before he started licking Bianca’s hand.

“It Milo.” Riley announced.

“Like the tweenies?” Bella questioned.

“Yeah.” Paige answered. “Milo Milo Milo.” Paige shouted as the dog ran over to her before turning and running back to Bianca continuing to lick her.

“He’s cute eh Bee.” Ash smiled as he watched Bianca with the dog.

“He’s very excited.” Bianca said.

“Yeah. He’s just little.” Jacob answered. “Only 8 weeks.”

“We get puppy?” Bella questioned.

“No no.” Bianca shook her head as Brax walked over and lifted the dog up into his arms. Bianca stood up from the floor and wiped her dress down. “Little cutie this one though.” Bianca said before giving it one more clap from Brax’s arms.

“He pooped.” Paige giggled. “In the livy room.”

“It stinky.” Riley held her nose.

“Yeah and guess who got to clean that up.” Charlie sighed. “I can’t wait till he’s house trained. It’s like trying to potty train the kids all over again.” The girls giggled as they ate their ice-cream.

“But look at his little face. He’s just so cute.” Brax smiled as he held the puppies face close to his and pouted.

“Yeah he is.” Charlie smiled. “But you’re cleaning up the next mess.”

“Will do.” Brax laughed before he put the puppy back down on the floor and he ran off to his bowls for a drink.

Thank you everyone. :wub:

Chapter 128

Charlie woke up to find Brax smiling down at her. “What you doing staring down at me?” Charlie questioned.

“Happy Birthday.” Brax smiled as he moved the hair from in front of her face and placed a soft kiss on her lips. “What we going to do this morning?”

“Nothing.” Charlie shook her head. “I don’t feel like celebrating.”

“Let’s not think about that.” Brax shook his head, although the court case was the only thing on his mind. The last few months had been amazing with Charlie and the kids, and he was scared that all that was about to taken away from him, but of course, he was trying not to show it, he was trying to be strong for Charlie sake as well as the kids. “Let’s just enjoy the morning eh?”

Charlie nodded lightly as there was a light knock on the door. “Yeah, come in.” Charlie said as the door opened and Paige, Riley and Jacob ran over to her, with things in their hands, and Ruby carried in a tray, with Charlie’s breakfast on. Ruby had been back from the tour for a couple of days now, and was just chilling out at home with her family. Xavier was still in the city, doing his last exam, before coming in to the bay later that day.

“Happy birday mummy.” Paige smiled as jumped up on the bed and gave her a homemade card.

“Aww thank you.” Charlie smiled before she placed a kiss on her daughters head. “And what have you pair got?” Charlie questioned as she looked to Riley and Jacob.

“We’s mades it.” Riley smiled as she handed her the homemade photo frame.

“Ahh wow. It’s great.” Charlie smiled as she looked down to the purple painted macaroni that was stuck onto the cardboard, and decorated with silver glitter.

“We boughts the flower pot too.” Jacob said as he handed it to Charlie. She looked down at the pink lilies and smiled and she took it in her hands and placed it on her bedside table.

“Thank you kids.” Charlie smiled as she gave Riley and Jacob a kiss. “I’ll have to put a picture of my 3 babies in here eh.” Charlie smiled as she once again looked down to the photo frame. Ruby cleared her throat as she waved at Charlie. “Sorry, my four babies.” Charlie said.

Brax got out of the bed as he heard a whimpering from down the stairs. “Sounds like someone wants his morning walk.” Brax said as he pulled a pair of his sweats over his boxers and grabbed a t-shirt from his drawer. “C’mon kiddies. You come with daddy and Milo.”

“Yeah.” All the kids cheered before they jumped of the bed and ran from the room. Brax placed a soft kiss on Charlie’s forehead before he left the room, leaving Ruby and Charlie together.

“So, here’s another gift.” Ruby smiled as she handed Charlie the box. She smiled at her daughter before opening it up and lifting out what looked like a photo album.

“Rubes this is...” Charlie trailed off as she looked through the album. It began with photos of Charlie with Ruby as a baby, photos of Charlie and Ruby with Elsie and Ross, and even some with their Aunt Michelle, ranging right through to photos of them with Xavier, Brax, the kids, even some with April, Bianca and Morag. “This is so thoughtful. It’s lovely.”

“I tried to think of something different.” Ruby smiled. “You know I always end up getting you perfume, CD’s, DVD’s, clothes, jewellery. I thought this would be different and have more of a personal touch.”

“And here’s me thinking you’d get me a Porsche or diamonds with all the money you’ve made.”

“Oi, I did just buy you a house.” Ruby replied.

“I know. I’m just joking with you Rubes.” Charlie smiled. “This is an amazing gift. You know you put a lot of thought into it and that’s what’s important. This is probably my favourite gift you ever given me.”

Ruby smiled as she moved on the bed, so she was sitting next to Charlie. Charlie wrapped her arm around her daughter and placed a kiss on her temple. “So, how you feeling about today?” Ruby asked as she leaned forward and took a piece of the toast in her hand and took a bite.

“Oi I thought that breakfast was for me.” Charlie said.

“Well you weren’t eating it.” Ruby replied. “And besides, I’m eating for two.”

“You are.” Charlie smiled as she looked down to Ruby’s stomach, which was still as flat as ever. “Although you couldn’t tell yet.”

“No.” Ruby shook her head. “But I am only 14 weeks and it’s my first, so...”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “Is Xavier coming to your scan today?”

“Yeah.” Ruby nodded as she took another bite of the toast. “He should be leaving the city around 11, so hopefully he gets here in time.”

“I’m sure he will.” Charlie smiled.

“Do you mind that we have the hospital today?” Ruby asked. “I can cancel and we can go another day if you want me to be at the trial?”

“No, no.” Charlie shook her head. “You and Xavier have your life now. You’d don’t need to be here for me all the time.”

“But it’s a big deal.” Ruby replied.

“Yeah and so is seeing your baby.” Charlie smiled. “Honestly, it’s fine. And Bianca is going to come with me.”

“How is Bianca?” Ruby questioned. The week before hand Liam had been sentenced to eighteen months imprisonment for his attack on Ryan. Ryan had eventually admitted it wasn’t Brax and in fact Liam who assaulted him, his reasoning’s for saying it was Brax was simply because he wanted him in jail and out the way, so he could have a chance of getting Charlie back. Bianca had gone for custody of Ash, and it was successful, so her, Bella and Ash, were able to be a proper little family.

“She’s doing okay.” Charlie answered. “She does miss Liam and I know she loves him, but she’s just trying not to show it and putting everything into looking after Ash and Bella.”

“She’ll probably talk when she’s ready.” Ruby said and Charlie nodded in agreement. “So what did you get from Brax?” Ruby questioned.

“Nothing yet.” Charlie shook her head.

“Well I’m sure whatever it is, you’ll love it. He’ll probably give you it dead romantically too” Ruby smiled.

“Yeah, most likely.” Charlie exhaled before she got out the bed. “The only thing I want is that he is still at home with us tonight.” Charlie said quietly. “I don’t care about a present. I just want Brax.” Ruby smiled lightly and went to reply but Charlie spoke over her. “Anyway I’m going to go for a shower.” Charlie smiled lightly at Ruby before she disappeared into her bathroom.

Charlie sat in the chair of the courtroom, her legs shaking as she bit down on her fingernails. “Charlie.” Bianca said as she put her hand on her leg to steady her.

“Sorry...I just...I’m nervous.”

“I know, but you’re shaking the whole bench.” Bianca replied as she looked to the end to see an old lady giving Charlie a death stare. “And that woman there is about to pounce on you.”

“Oh God that’s Madge Wilkins.” Charlie said as she turned her face to see who Bianca was talking about.

“Wow, and I thought Colleen was making her up.”

“You what?” Charlie questioned.

“Well I’d never seen her before and it was always when she was gossiping her name was mentioned, like some scapegoat or something.” Bianca said. “You know blame it on ‘well Madge Wilkins said’...”

Charlie laughed lightly at her friend. “Thanks for that.” Charlie smiled.

“What?” Bianca questioned.

“I think you know.” Charlie smiled once again and Bianca returned the smile and she gave a slight nod of her head.

“I’m surprised Colleen isn’t here actually. Thought she’d be front and centre, here for the gossip.”

“Leah made sure she was working today.” Charlie replied. “Not that Colleen was happy about it.”

“Isn’t she getting a bit old to be working anyways?” Bianca asked. “She must be what, 90?”

Charlie laughed lightly. “I don’t think she’s that old.” Charlie shook her head. “We’ll probably be stuck with her gossiping ways in the diner till the day she drops down dead.”

“Hey, what will it be like to go into the diner and not have her gossip or nose in on your business?”

“You know I think we’d miss it.” Charlie said.

“Yeah, we probably would.” Bianca said.

“All rise.” Charlie heart skipped a beat as she stood to her feet and watched as the judge walked into in the room, followed by the jury, and then, Brax was lead up to the stand. They were ready to give their verdict, ready to let Brax’s fate be known to the courtroom. Brax looked up to the seats where the members of the public were sitting, and immediately fixed his eyes on Charlie’s. He gave her a smile and she smiled back down at him as she played with her promise ring on her finger. At the same time both Charlie and Brax took a deep breath before mouthing ‘I love you’ to the other. The courtroom was asked to sit, with the exception of Brax, who was to remain standing, and the head juror stood up and faced the judge, ready to reveal his fate.

Thanks everyone. :wub:

Chapter 129

“Hey Ruby.” Jacob smiled as he met his sister at the school gates.

“Hey buddy.” Ruby smiled as she hugged her brother. “How was school today?”

“It was boring as usual.” Jacob sighed as they started walking along the sidewalk towards Ruby’s car.

“Gotta go though I’m afraid.” Ruby said as she took her brothers hand in hers.

“Yeah.” Jacob sighed. “Ruby is daddy still at home?”

“Eh...” Ruby said. “How do you mean, bud?” Ruby asked. Although Ruby was pretty sure she knew what Jacob was on about, she wasn’t really sure how to answer him, so she needed a little more time.

“Well I heard mum and dad talking last night about him maybe being away after today.” Jacob answered. “So is he away?”

“I eh....I don’t know Jacob.” Ruby shook her head. “We’ll have to go home and see.”

“What if he’s not home?” Jacob questioned. “Where is he and when is he home?”

“He’s....” Ruby sighed lightly as she opened the door of the car and Jacob jumped in before she closed it, and went into the passenger seat in the front of the car.

“Hey Jacob.” Xavier smiled around at him. “How was school today?”

“Okay.” Jacob sighed. “So, where is he Ruby?”

“Sweetie, I think you should just go home and see for yourself.” Ruby answered. “You should talk to mum, okay.”

“Okay.” Jacob sighed. “So Xava are you home here now all the time too?”

“Yeah mate.” Xavier nodded as he pulled out of the car park. “We’re building a house just up the road from your one.”

“Cool. So you our neighbours?”

“Yeah.” Ruby answered.

“And your back forever too Ruby?” Jacob questioned.

“I am.” Ruby smiled.

“So you no singing anymore?”

“No.” Ruby shook her head. “I’m staying in the bay with you guys.”

“And your baby?”

“Yeah.” Ruby answered as she ran her hand over her stomach. “But it’ll be a while before the baby is born yet.”

“Will it be in Hawaii with us?” Jacob questioned.

“No.” Ruby shook her head. “Well I guess, kind of. It’ll still be in my tummy.”

“Ah.” Jacob nodded. “Oh Xava wait till you see the puppy he is cool.”

“Ah yeah I bet he is.” Xavier smiled. “You taught him lots of tricks yet?”

“No.” Jacob shook his head. “But he chews a lot. He chewed mummy’s shoe.” Jacob giggled. “She wasn’t happy but me and daddy and Riley and Paige just giggled. But mum said when it’s something of daddy’s he won’t be laughing so that made him stop.”

“Yeah.”

“Yeah, he’ll like you. He likes people.” Jacob said. “You can see him real soon.”

“Looking forward to it mate.” Xavier smiled as he continued to drive along the road.

“Mummy’s home.” Paige grinned as she ran up to the door and jumped into her arms. “I’s miss you.”

“I’ve only been gone a couple of hours.” Charlie said as she picked her daughter and walked further into the house, and looked down to see the puppy dancing around her feet, excited at her return. “Hey Milo.” Charlie smiled as she bent down and clapped him, as he put Paige back on the floor. He jumped around and licked her hand excitedly.

“Daddy.” Riley grinned as she ran over to him as he walked in behind Charlie.

“Hey.” Brax smiled as he hugged his daughter. “How were they?”

“Oh, on their best behaviour as always.” Marilyn smiled. “How did it go? I see pretty well, I guess?” Marilyn said as she looked from Charlie to Brax.

“Hey girls why don’t you take Milo through to the living room and try to teach him to roll over.” Brax said before the girls ran through to the living room, shouting on Milo. He turned his head as he heard his name and ran off after the girls. “I got a $1000 fine and a two year good behaviour bond.”

“Oh well that’s good right?” Marilyn questioned. “I’m not really sure I know what a good behaviour bond is.”

“Yeah, yeah.” Brax nodded. “As long as I behave for the next two years, all is good.”

“Well you best be on your best behaviour.” Marilyn replied. “Don’t want to ruin this lovely family you have.”

“No, I certainly don’t.” Brax shook his head.

“Well I’m glad you didn’t get sent down.” Marilyn said. “That guy deserved all he got both from you and Liam.”

“Yeah.” Brax nodded.

“So, when is his trial? Surely he’ll get put down for what he did to Charlie and Bianca?”

“Next week.” Charlie answered. “I need to give evidence. I really don’t want too.” Charlie shook her head. “But I know I need too.” Charlie exhaled lightly. “It’s more for Bianca I’m doing it. What he did to her was way worse than he did to me.”

“Well if Brax didn’t show up and do what he did it might not have been.” Marilyn replied.

“No, I guess not.” Charlie smiled weakly. “So anyways, thanks again for watching the girls.”

“No problem.” Marilyn smiled as she made her way to the front door, with Charlie following behind her. “I’ll see you later.” Marilyn said before she left the house. Charlie closed the front door and turned around to see Brax standing behind her. He smiled lightly as he wrapped her arms around her and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

“It’s almost over.” Brax whispered. “One more thing to get through.” Charlie just smiled as she held tightly onto Brax and smelt in his scent.

“I’m so glad that you didn’t get sent down. I don’t think I could have coped.” Charlie mumbled as she kept herself pressed tightly against him.

“I think you would have done just fine.” Brax smiled lightly. “Between work, looking after the kids and the pup, you wouldn’t have time to miss me.”

Charlie looked up at Brax and pulled a face. “I’d miss you too much every second of every day.”

“Well it’s a good job you don’t have to find out what it would be like.” Brax said.

“No.” Charlie shook her head as the girls ran up towards them.

“He no do’s it.” Riley shook her head.

“No.” Paige said. “He no listens.”

“Aww girls c’mon, you need to get him trained good.” Brax said as he and Charlie began walking down the hall, with the girls running past them and into the living room.

“We try.” Paige sighed. “He just no listens.”

“Milo...Milo” Brax said and the puppy looked up from chewing on his toy and ran over to him excitedly. “Sit.” Brax said and the puppy sat on the floor and looked to Brax. The only command the puppy had learned thus far. “Lie down.” Brax said as he lowered his hand, trying to get the puppy to do the same. The dog looked up and Brax and jumped up excitedly and began to lick his hands. Charlie laughed lightly as she clapped the puppy.

“He no does it see.” Riley sighed. “Silly puppy.”

“He just wants to play.” Charlie told her daughters. “He’s just little.”

“Right Milo, if you’re not going to amaze us and roll over, we’ll take you for a walk and you can impress us with your super impressive fetching skills.” Brax said. Upon hearing the word walk, Milo got all excited and started to jump around and he made his way across to the door. “You girls pick out a toy for Milo to fetch, and me and mummy will go change and then we can go, okay?”

“Yup.” The girls nodded as they began talking to each other about which toy would be best for Milo to fetch that day and Charlie and Brax went upstairs to change out of their court clothes.

“Milo too strong.” Paige said as she struggled with the lead in her hand.

“Yeah.” Riley agreed as she also had a hold of the lead, but Milo was really dragging the girls behind him, so they were half walking, half running. Brax took the lead from the girls’ hands, much to their relief.

“Hey why don’t we let him off the lead now and he can play with the ball.” Charlie said as she passed the ball down to Riley as Brax took the lead off Milo.

“Yeah.” Paige jumped up and down excitedly. “Throw it Riley.”

Riley threw the ball and Paige giggled as she ran forward beside Milo and picked it up before him. “Now you Riley.” Paige said as she threw the ball and Riley ran off after it.

“Girls you’re supposed to let Milo fetch the ball.” Brax laughed as he took it from Riley’s grasp and flung it far and Milo ran off after it.

“He’s fast.” Paige said as she pointed to Milo who was making his way back to them with the blue ball in his mouth. Charlie smiled as bent down to Milo and took the ball from his mouth before throwing it away again and Milo ran off after it.

“Milo wait for us.” Riley shouted as she took Paige’s hand in hers and they ran off after the dog. Brax whistled and Milo and the girls ran back over to them, the puppy jumping up excitedly on Charlie as she clapped him. Brax took a doggy biscuit out of his pocket and gave one to Milo.

“I feed him.” Riley said as she held her hand out and Brax put a couple of the biscuits in her hand. “Hmm.” Riley said as she looked down to the biscuits in her hand. “What they taste like?”

“I dunno.” Brax said. “Eat it and find out.”

Before Brax even finished the sentence Riley had put the biscuit into her mouth. “Riley no, that’s for the puppy only.” Charlie said as Riley crunched the biscuit before she pulled a face and spat the biscuit from her mouth.

“It no good.” Riley screwed her face up and Charlie and Brax both bit their lips not wanting to laugh at their daughter mistake.

“Riley’s silly.” Paige giggled. Hearing Paige giggle was enough to set Charlie and Brax off also.

“No laugh at me.” Riley shook her head. “Daddy said too.”

“Daddy was just being silly.” Charlie said as she lightly hit his chest.

Brax just laughed lightly as he picked up the ball and throw it away, and Milo and the girls once again ran off after it. “Hmm I love this.” Brax smiled as he wrapped his arm around Charlie as they continued to walk through the grassland where they were walking the dog.

“What?” Charlie questioned as she looked up at him.

“Just being out here, with our girls and the pup.” Brax smiled. “It’s nice.”

“Yeah, it is.” Charlie smiled as they watched the girls and the pup running around playing with the ball.

Thank you all so much. :wub:

Chapter 130

“Hey.” Ruby shouted as she walked back into the house with Xavier and Jacob.

“Hey Rubes how did the scan go?” Charlie questioned as Ruby and Jacob walked into the living room. Charlie heard footsteps on the stairs and the sounds of a door slamming shut. She gave Ruby a questioning look as she joined her mother on the couch.

“He’s in a mood with me.” Ruby sighed.

“What?” Charlie questioned. “You’re not supposed to be falling out. You’re supposed to be all happy after seeing your baby.”

“Yeah yeah. I’ll sort it.” Ruby said.

“Mum is dad still here?” Jacob questioned as he pulled his school tie from himself and threw it down on the floor beside his school bag.

“Of course sweetie.” Charlie smiled. “He’s in the back garden playing with the girls and Milo.”

“But where might he have gone?” Jacob questioned.

Charlie pulled a face of confusion. “He heard you talking last night about how Brax might have been leaving today.” Ruby informed her.

“Oh.” Charlie said. “He might have had to have gone into the city for some stuff for work but he sent Robert instead.”

“Oh. That all.” Jacob sighed, believing his mother’s lie. “Can I go play with them outside?”

“Of course.” Charlie smiled. “Just change out of your school clothes first.” Jacob picked up his school bag and tie and ran out of the room and up the stairs.

“What would you have told them if Brax did go to jail?” Ruby questioned.

Charlie shook her head. “I don’t know. Thankfully I don’t have to think about it either.”

“So did he get nothing at all?” Ruby questioned.

“He got a fine. $1000. And a 2 year good behaviour bond.”

“I’m glad he didn’t get jail.” Ruby smiled. “How did Bianca take it? You know, Liam got sent down but he didn’t.”

“Yeah....she eh...” Charlie pursed her lips together. “She was quiet. She said she was happy for him, for us, but she left pretty quickly too. I’ll give her some time before I go see her. Maybe tomorrow.”

“Yeah.” Ruby smiled. “So here’s your grandbaby.” Ruby said as she reached into her bag and handed Charlie the scan pictures.

“Aww Rubes.” Charlie grinned.

“Don’t cry.” Ruby said as she lightly hit Charlie’s arm.

“Well it’s my grandbaby.” Charlie smiled. “I bet you cried at the scan when you heard the heartbeat for the first time.”

“Well yeah but that’s my baby.” Ruby smiled.

“Well it’s my baby’s baby.” Charlie said. “And grandma gets crying rights.”

“Grandma hey.” Ruby grinned. “Is that what you’ve decided to be called?”

“Eh....we’ll see.” Charlie said. “So, you want to talk about what happened with Xavier?”

“He’s just so....argh.” Ruby screamed. “Everything was going fine and we’d seen the baby and everything was great with her and the technician did the tests for down’s and stuff and then she asked me if I was looking after myself properly, you know because of the diabetes it’s important that I look after myself and check my blood sugar levels and stuff. She mentioned in front of Xavier that it was a higher risk for the baby having problems and then he went off at me for knowing and not telling him.”

“Ruby.” Charlie sighed lightly. “I can see why he’d be mad with you.”

“I know but he’d just worry and he was already bad enough before knowing this and I was travelling across Australia and he still managed to do my head in calling me like 6 times a day making sure me and the baby were okay. Now he knows about the risks he’s going to be even worse.”

“Look, I know that your sensible and you’re going to look after yourself and this baby and everything will probably be fine, but looking at it from Xavier’s point of view...he’s young, he’s going to be a first time father, you’ve just got married, Rubes, you and this baby are his whole life. He’s going to be stressed and he’s going to be pushy to make sure you’re looking after yourself and he’s not doing it because he’s trying to be annoying or to drive you crazy but because he loves you.”

“I know.” Ruby said. “And I know I should have told him about the risks of being pregnant with diabetes but I just wanted us to be normal.” Ruby sighed lightly. “I’m stuck with this for life and I....I just wish that for the 9 months of the pregnancy I could just....I just want to enjoy being pregnant and not have all this stress.” Ruby said as her eyes glazed over with tears. “I mean is that too much to ask?”

“No, it’s not.” Charlie said as she pulled Ruby into a hug. “But life was never meant to be easy. We should know that by now.”

“Yeah.” Ruby nodded lightly. “I guess I should talk to him.”

“Might be a good idea.” Charlie smiled as she moved Ruby’s hair from in front of her face.

“I will.” Ruby smiled. “Later. I need to think about what I want to say first.”

“Okay, we’ll how about right now you come outside? I’m sure the kids would love to play with their big sister.” Charlie smiled as she stood up from couch and Ruby gave a gentle nod before she walked with her mother outside.

Charlie and Brax walked across the beach, hand in hand. They’d been out for a meal at a lovely little Italian restaurant about a 20 minute drive away from their house and decided to stay just enjoying each other’s company for just that little while longer. “Thanks again for the watch.” Charlie smiled. “It’s lovely and I needed a watch.”

“Yeah.” Brax laughed lightly. “That’s why I got you one.”

“Well thank you Mr Smarty.” Charlie laughed.

“Well had to keep you on time for all your dates with me eh.” Brax replied.

“All my dates with you?” Charlie questioned. “I think the last time we went out just the two of us was when the girls were only a few months old.”

“Well then this date had been long overdue.” Brax smiled before he stopped walking and sat down on the sand and patted the area next to him, before Charlie took a seat. “Maybe we should try and do this more often.”

“I dunno.” Charlie said. “I think it’s kinda nice that we don’t get out much.”

“You don’t like having dates with me?” Brax asked sounding offended.

“Of course I do.” Charlie smiled. “But the fact we don’t get away just the two of us that much it makes the times that we do get out more special.”

“Ahh...I get that.” Brax smiled as he wrapped his arm around Charlie. She smiled lightly as she rested her head against his chest. He placed a soft kiss on her head and he lightly rubbed her arm. “I love you so much Charlie.”

“I know. I love you too.” Charlie replied.

“I’m sorry for making you sit through that court case and I’m sorry that you need to go to Ryan’s and be a part of that.”

“It’s not your fault.” Charlie said as she shook her head.

“Well I think partly I am to blame.” Brax said. “All this started because we were arguing about marriage. If I wasn’t such a scaredy-cat and just proposed to you already -”

“Can we just not talk about it?” Charlie asked.

“Marriage or the stuff with Ryan?” Brax questioned, unsure.

“The stuff with Ryan.” Charlie answered. “I’d be very open to talk about marriage.” Charlie smiled as she looked up to Brax.

“Yeah?” Brax questioned. “Might be pretty good hey, the girls and Jacob being a part of the day.”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “That’s all I’d want really. Just us, obviously, the kids.” Charlie said. “Just a small private ceremony. Nothing too big.”

“Sounds perfect.” Brax smiled. “Not sure Colleen would like that though.”

“I don’t care what Colleen thinks.” Charlie said. “I mean who does she think she is? Queen of the bay?”

Brax laughed lightly. “I think possibly she could.”

“Just because she thinks we’re related.” Charlie shook her head. “I mean Morag was my step-mum, she was Morag’s half-sister, so what? She’d be my step half aunt?” Charlie laughed. “Maybe we should just elope.” Charlie said half being serious, half joking.

“Not a bad idea.” Brax smiled as he cupped her cheek with his hand and thought that maybe Charlie would go for his plans after all. “I love you.” Brax smiled before he placed a soft kiss on her lips.

Archived