Forever Yours

Guest Danni02

Thank you all so much. :wub: Hope this one is okay.

Chapter 71

Charlie walked into the hospital room to find Bianca was still holding onto her baby, staring down lovingly. “Charlie.” Bianca smiled as she glanced up at her briefly. “Thank you so much...I...without your there I...”

“I just did what anyone would have done.” Charlie said softly as she played with the little purple elephant that was in her hands. “I eh....I bought this.”

“First gift.” Bianca smiled as she took the teddy from Charlie and laid it down in the cot that was next to her bed. “It’s cute...thanks.”

“So, do you have a name yet?” Charlie asked.

Bianca smiled lightly as she looked down at her baby. “Isabella.” Bianca smiled.

“She looks like an Isabella.” Charlie smiled as she finally took a proper look at the child. With her big brown eyes and her full head of dark brown hair, she looked adorable. “She’s lovely.”

“Well I think so.” Bianca smiled as Charlie took a seat next to the bed. “Do you want to hold her?”

Charlie shook her head as she looked beyond the bed to the wall. “No, I eh....”

“It’s okay.” Bianca smiled lightly.

“I’m sorry.” Charlie said. “Bianca I am so sorry for being such a bitch to you these past 8 months or so.”

“Hey, I think I deserved it.” Bianca said. “I mean, I might have just had a baby with your man.”

Charlie shook her head. “She looks nothing like Brax. Nothing at all....although she doesn’t look much like you either.”

“So you don’t think she’s Brax’s?”

Charlie shook her head. “But I still want a DNA test.”

“Yeah, sure.” Bianca said. “We can arrange one for as soon as possible.”

“Maybe then we can see about us.” Charlie said. “I miss you Bianca.”

“God...I’ve missed you too.” Bianca replied. “And the kids. Jacob especially because I’ve known him longer, I mean the girls were only a few months when all this happened, but still...I missed being around them.”

“Bianca I guess in some ways, I was jealous.” Charlie said. “Here was me just been told that I couldn’t have any more kids and then you wind up pregnant and worse still....Brax might have been the father. It was just so hard for me to trying to accept it and punishing you because you were pregnant...it wasn’t fair and I only hope you can forgive me.”

“Me forgive you?” Bianca questioned. “Charlie, I should be the one asking for forgiveness. I invited your man into my home. I got myself pregnant and thought he was the father.”

“I don’t think he is the father. I had my moments, but looking at that little girl there....she’s not Brax’s.”

“Well as much at it would mean she wouldn’t have a father in her life, I hope your right.” Bianca said. “I’d love to be able to just put all this behind us and be friends again.”

“Me too. If you can forgive me.” Charlie said.

“I could.” Bianca nodded. “Could you forgive me?”

“There’s nothing to forgive.” Charlie shook her head. “I know I’ve previously said that even if he wasn’t the father, you may have still slept together...” Charlie trailed off. “But I trust you Bianca and I trust Brax.”

Bianca was about to reply when there was a knock at the door and April and Irene walked into the room. “Ahh let me see my little niece.” April smiled as she walked over to Bianca and took Isabella into her arms.

“I eh....I’ll leave you to it.” Charlie said before she left room and made her way down the corridor, just in time to see Brax being wheeled along the corridor. “Brax.” Charlie shouted. “Oh God, what happened?”

“I’m fine.” Brax said.

“Well you’re in hospital for a reason.” Charlie said as she followed him to the room. Brax looked up at the nurse and exhaled lightly.

“I’ll give you two a minute.” The nurse said. “Just keep that cloth pressed up against the wound.”

“Brax?” Charlie questioned.

“I closed up the restaurant, there was no one coming in with the storm. I was walking home and as I was walking passed the beach the closed sign flew up and cracked my head open.” Charlie laughed before she placed her hand over the cloth absorbing the blood from his wound. “It’s not funny.”

“It is.” Charlie laughed.

“What are you doing here anyway?” Brax questioned.

“I just delivered Bianca’s baby.” Charlie replied.

“What?” Brax questioned.

“In the diner too.” Charlie said. “It was a quick delivery.”

“God look at you, delivering babies now eh.” Brax grinned.

“Well someone had too.” Charlie said.

“What did....” Brax trailed off. He wanted to know what Bianca had had, but he didn’t want to seem too interested in fear of upsetting Charlie.

“She had a little girl. Isabella.”

“Isabella.” Brax smiled. “Cute.”

“She really is.” Charlie smiled. “She has these big brown eyes, that you’re just drawn too. She has a full head of chocolate brown hair.....she’s not yours Brax, I could tell you that right now. I just know.”

“Well doesn’t sound like she would have brown eyes and brown hair from me.” Brax said softly. “Although she doesn’t get that from Bianca either.”

“Must take after her Daddy.” Charlie sighed. “Whoever that may be.”

“So are we still getting a DNA test done?”

“Yeah. I’m pretty sure you’re not the father but we need to make sure.”

“Of course.” Brax nodded. “How eh.....you and Bianca, do you think you could be friends again?”

“I hope so.” Charlie smiled. “We started to talk, but Irene and April came in wanting to see the baby, so I left.”

Brax nodded understandingly as there was a knock at the door and the nurse came back in. “We should probably get those stitches in you now.”

“Sure.” Brax smiled as he moved the cloth from his head and let the nurse do her job.

“Ohh Daddy what happened to your head?” Jacob asked as he stood up on the couch and looked up at Brax as he walked in the door.

“It got cut so I needed to get stitches.” Brax said as Charlie came into the house and closed the door.

“Cool.” Jacob’s eyes widened. “Will you get a scar?”

“Maybe.” Brax nodded.

“Cool. I wants one.”

Charlie laughed lightly at her son. “What you still doing up mister?”

“Oh I no like that thunder.” Jacob shook his head as Charlie walked over and took a seat on the chair. Jacob jumped down for the couch and climbed onto his mother’s knee as Brax walked to the dining table and pulled out a seat, with Xavier and Ruby sitting on the couch.

“No, he certainly didn’t.” Xavier shook his head. “He’s been up with us all this time so we didn’t get any alone time.” Xavier said as he looked to Charlie who gave a slightly nod of understanding.

“It’s not that big a deal, Xav.” Ruby said. “We have the rest of our lives to get alone time.”

“I just really wanted some tonight, okay.” Xavier sighed.

“What? Why was it so important that it had to be tonight?” Ruby questioned.

“Doesn’t matter now.” Xavier shook his head. “C’mon Jakey, I’ll take you back to bed and read you a story.” Jacob smiled before he gave his mother a kiss.

“Night Mummy.” Jacob said as he jumped down from her knee. “Night Ruby and Daddy.” Jacob waved before he ran off to his room with Xavier following.

“You know what that was about?” Ruby questioned. Charlie shook her head lightly. “Well I’m heading off to bed too.” Ruby said before she jumped up from the couch and gave her mother a kiss before she disappeared out of the room.

“Getting all the kisses tonight aren’t you.” Brax said. Charlie laughed lightly as walked across to Brax and sat down on his knee and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

“Mmm thanks.” Brax smiled as he looked into Charlie’s eyes.

“There’s plenty more where that came from.” Charlie smiled as she kissed Brax again, the kiss deepening and becoming more passionate.

“Oh God get a room.” Ruby screwed her face up as she walked back into the kitchen, in her pyjamas, and opened the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water. Charlie let out a childish giggle before she kissed him once more. “Seriously.” Ruby sighed. “I love that you two are getting back together and sorting everything out, but, really I don’t need to see that.”

“Then go to your room.” Charlie said as she looked up at her daughter.

“Gladly.” Ruby said as made a quick exit from the room. Charlie laughed lightly before she looked down at Brax as she gently ran her finger over his stiches. Brax let out a slightly moan of pain.

“Aww don’t be a baby.” Charlie laughed before she kissed it softly.

“Hmm...I should get going.” Brax said as he pushed Charlie up from his knee and stood up.

“So, you’re not staying?” Charlie asked sadly.

“No, I should go home.” Brax said.

“Maybe you should stay. You know, you had a hit to the head. You need looking after.”

“Charlie I can’t.” Brax shook his head. “I need to go into the city tomorrow for stuff for the restaurant.”

“And you can’t leave from here?” Charlie questioned.

“I’m leaving early.” Brax said. “I don’t want to wake you.”

“So what did you come with me for?” Charlie asked.

“I just wanted to make sure you got home safely.” Brax answered.

“Oh well I did...so, goodbye.”

“Sorry.” Brax said as he pulled Charlie close to him and placed a kiss on her lips. “Maybe I could stay tomorrow night?”

“Well that all depends.” Charlie sighed.

“On what?” Brax questioned.

“On if you get attacked by any more signposts.” Charlie laughed. Brax shook his head as he let out a small laugh before leaving the house.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all. :wub:

Chapter 72

Charlie knocked on the door of her house and smiled as she answered the door. “Charlie.” Bianca smiled as she invited her into the house. Charlie walked in wheeling a suit case behind her. “What’s this?”

“Old clothes from the twins.” Charlie smiled. “Their gift to Isabella.”

“Oh wow...thanks.” Bianca smiled as they took a seat on the couch and Bianca opened the suitcase revealing piles and piles of clothes, from new-born up till 9 months.

“I was never able to throw them away.” Charlie shook her head. “Knowing that this would be my last baby grow, the last dress for a 3 month old...” Charlie trailed off as she bowed her head down and ran her hand over the clothes. “But I need to let go.” Charlie said. “So, it’s either giving them to you or taking them down to a charity shop or something.”

“You know if you don’t want to get rid of them, you don’t have too.”

“No, I do.” Charlie said. “And you have a little girl now, and she’ll need nice clothes.”

“You saying I wouldn’t buy my daughter nice clothes?” Bianca questioned.

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “Not at all. I just meant -”

“I know.” Bianca laughed as she looked through the pile of clothes. “Gosh, I won’t need to buy anything for months. This is great, Charlie.”

Charlie smiled lightly as she picked up a little white baby grow with multi-coloured polka dots on it. “Paige wore this on the day we brought her home from the hospital. She brought the baby grow up to her face and smelt it. “It kind of still has that baby smell.” Charlie smiled lightly and she brought it back down and placed it on her knee and ran her hand over it.

“You should keep it.” Bianca smiled.

“You don’t think it’s silly?”

“Of course not.” Bianca shook her head. “There’s nothing wrong with keeping some of your baby’s clothes.” Charlie smiled lightly as she picked up a second baby grow, this one also white, but with multi-coloured stripes instead of polka dots. “Riley’s coming home outfit?” Charlie nodded lightly as she laid it out on her knee in the same style as before. “Well all this stuff is great.” Bianca smiled. “I’m sure Isabella will look super cute in all these outfits.” Bianca grinned as she looked through the baby grows, dresses, dungarees, t-shirts, little combat trousers, shorts, skirts, and little baby jeans.

“How has she been?” Charlie asked.

“Eh....it’s only been a few days.” Bianca answered. “I mean I never thought I could love another human being as much as I love her already, but it’s hard work.”

“Well as you said, she’s only a few days old.” Charlie replied. “It gets easier as you get them into a routine and you’re a first time mother, so you’re bound to find it difficult.”

“Yeah.” Bianca smiled lightly. “So Charlie, are we okay?” Bianca asked tentatively. “I mean, we’re going to be friends again?”

“I’d like to be.” Charlie smiled lightly. “And I really am sorry.”

“Maybe save the apologies for after the test results.” Bianca questioned. “What if she is Brax’s child?”

“I don’t even want to think about it.” Charlie shook her head. “But, I don’t see any of Brax in her....Paige or Riley even. She’s not a Braxton.” Bianca exhaled lightly as Isabella stirred from the moses basket. She went to pick her daughter up before re-joining Charlie on the couch. “She’s look so big.” Charlie said. “I know she’s just normal new-born baby size, but Paige and Riley were a bit smaller.”

“Yeah, they were.” Bianca smiled as she watched Charlie looking down at Isabella.

“What did she weigh?” Charlie asked.

“7lbs 14oz.” Bianca answered.

“She sounds so big compared to my girls.” Charlie smiled lightly as gently rubbed Isabella’s little hand.

“Well they were only like 4lbs something right?” Bianca asked and Charlie nodded. “Do you want to hold her?” Charlie nodded lightly as she took Isabella in her arms. Charlie looked down at the baby and smiled lightly.

“She’s absolutely gorgeous, Bianca.” Charlie said as she looked up at her friend.

“Shame I can’t say she takes after me then. She looks nothing like me. I mean I’ve got blonde hair and blue eyes and she’s....brown hair, brown eyes...” Bianca trailed off.

“Still she’s got Scott in her.” Charlie smiled briefly before looking down at the girl and pursing her lips together. “Here, take her back.” Charlie said as she handed Isabella back to Bianca, before she stood up, stuffing the two baby grows into her bag. “I have to go.” Charlie said before she ran from the house, leaving Bianca very confused.

Ruby and Xavier were walking across the beach, enjoying spending some alone time together, their hands entwined with each other’s. “Hmm this is nice.” Ruby smiled as she stopped walking and looked up to Xavier.

“Yeah.” Xavier smiled. “Too bad we need to go back to school and touring soon.”

“Well we can’t stay in the little bubble of Summer Bay forever.” Ruby laughed. “Our lives are waiting for us to come back from our break.”

“Well we really could.” Xavier said. “As much as I like living in Sydney, I do love it here.” Xavier smiled as he looked into Ruby’s eyes. “I mean my Mum and John are here, your Mum, Brax and the kids...April and Dex are still here.”

“Yeah true.” Ruby smiled. “I would love to think that one day I’d be back living here.”

“Well we can.” Xavier smiled. “You know I’ve been working at the restaurant for Brax these last few months, maybe once I finish school I could get a job here.”

“And what about my job?” Ruby questioned.

“Well that all depends if you stay with the band or not.” Xavier said.

“If I did....would you stay with me?” Ruby questioned.

“Of course.” Xavier smiled.

“Even if that mean still living in the city?” Ruby asked.

“As long as I’m with you it doesn’t matter where we live.” Xavier smiled. “I’d even move to Timbuktu for you.” Xavier laughed.

“Really, Africa?” Ruby laughed.

“If I’m with you, it doesn’t matter where I am.” Xavier laughed as he moved his hand down to his pocket and touched the ring box. “You know I love you, right?”

“Of course.” Ruby smiled. “I love you too.”

“Rubes I -”

“And this....us.....we are perfect right now.” Ruby grinned before placing a soft kiss on his lips. “I don’t want anything between us to change for a while.”

“No.” Xavier shook his head. “Let’s just enjoy the now.”

“Yeah.” Ruby smiled as she pulled Xavier into a hug. Xavier exhaled lightly as he took his hand from his pocket and wrapped them around Ruby, returning her warm embrace.

“Build it higher.” Jacob giggled as he stood up and placed another block onto the tower he was making with Charlie.

“It’s almost as tall as you.” Charlie said.

“Yeah.” Jacob giggled once again before leaning into his mother and giving her a hug. Charlie smiled as she wrapped her arms around her son and placed a kiss on his temple. “Mummy where Daddy be?” Jacob asked as he sat down on her knee.

“I don’t know sweetie.” Charlie shook her head. It had been a few days since Brax didn’t spend the night, claiming that he was going to the city and Charlie had hardly seen him since. He’d been around to see the kids, but he didn’t talk much and left after only an hour or so.

“He not back at the sad place?” Jacob asked.

“No.” Charlie shook her head.

“Well where could he be?” Jacob asked just as there was a knock at the door and Brax walked into the house. “Daddy we just taking about you.” Jacob smiled. “Where you been?”

“I’ve been busy with the restaurant eh. “Brax said as he looked down at the boy who ran over to him for a hug.

Jacob sighed lightly as he shook his head. “Silly rest-raunt.”

“Hey, how about you go get your swimmers and we’ll go down to the beach and get on that boogie board eh?”

“Can I mummy?” Jacob asked as he looked over to Charlie all wide eyed.

“Sure.” Charlie smiled as she stood up from the floor. Jacob cheered before he ran down the hall to his bedroom. Charlie and Brax shared an awkward glance with each other. “So, how’s the head?”

“It’s fine.” Brax laughed lightly. “Should get these stitches out in a couple more days.”

Charlie nodded lightly before she exhaled. “Brax have I done something wrong?”

“What? No, what makes you think that?”

“You’ve been distant the last couple of days.” Charlie said. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” Brax sighed.

“I know you, Brax.” Charlie said. “I know something is wrong, so please just talk to me.”

“If I do it’ll only upset you.” Brax sighed. “So, just leave it. I’ll be fine in a few days.”

“Brax?” Charlie questioned. “You’re not having second thoughts about us, are you?”

“No no God no.” Brax shook his head as he walked closer to Charlie and took her hands into his. “I love you so much and our little kiddies.” Brax smiled.

“So then what is it?” Charlie questioned. “Please talk to me.”

Brax gave a gentle nod of his head before he exhaled. “Okay.” Brax said before he led Charlie to the couch where they both sat down.

Thank you Spotd1, beebee, CharlieAndBraxLover, Sarah, RoRo90, Dingo x, llywela, Red Ranger 1, Samantha1, faith406, mizziette, AvrilRP212, Lucii, Zetti, JosieTash and pembie for the comments. :wub: Again, not too sure about this one. :unsure: I hope you like it. :)

Chapter 73

Charlie pursed her lips together as she looked up at Brax, who was sitting silently next to her. “Well?”

Brax took a deep breath before looking down at Charlie. “I might have another baby.” Brax said. “Alright, I might have another baby and you know what, Charlie, as much as I know how much it would devastate you if I was the father of Isabella, I...I eh -”

“You want to be.” Charlie said sadly as she bowed her head down.

“I know that I’ve said Jacob and the girls are enough, but the idea of a new baby...it just...I got excited and...you can’t ever give me that and I...it’s a new baby, Charlie.”

“What about the girls?” Charlie questioned. “You’d come and go so much during the first 4 months or so of their life. Weren’t you excited for them?”

“Of course. And I couldn’t help being in rehab Charlie.”

“It’s your own fault you went to rehab.” Charlie raised her voice. “You drank yourself there.”

“Look we are not here to talk about my rehab.” Brax said.

“No, we’re apparently talking about you wanting to be the father of Isabella, ruining any chance that we have. If you’re the father then you’re welcome to go be with Isabella. Go shack up with Bianca for all I care, because both relationships will be over.”

“Charlie, just because I want to be in Isabella’s life doesn’t mean that we need to break up.”

“Oh but it does.” Charlie raised her voice once more. “If it comes back that you are Isabella’s father...” Charlie shook her head. “We can’t be together.”

“So why are you happy to be with me right now?” Brax asked.

“It’s not as if you didn’t have a say in this.” Charlie said. “You wanted us to be together. You kept saying nothing is known yet so why break up if it turns out we don’t need too.”

“Yeah, but just because I want it doesn’t mean you need to give into it.”

“Oh well sorry you must just be too damn hot to resist.” Charlie spat.

“Look Charlie, I love you, that’s why I don’t....didn’t....I don’t want us ever breaking up...surely we can find a way to make it work if I am Isabella’s father.”

Charlie shook her head as she pursed her lips together. “Daddy....Mummy....I’m ready.” Jacob smiled as he ran through to the room in his swimming trunks and sunglasses.

“Where’s your t-shirt?” Charlie asked.

“I no need one on in the ocean silly.” Jacob giggled.

“No, but you need to wear one on the way there and for when you get out the water.” Charlie said. “Go put a t-shirt on and get the sunscreen from mummy’s dresser. The white and yellow bottle.” Charlie said and Jacob sighed before he ran off to do as he was asked.

“Charlie -”

“Bring him home for 6.” Charlie said as she stood up from the couch and walked over to the kitchen, and began preparing lunch for the girls. “And he’s not had lunch yet, so you’ll need to feed him.”

“Sure.” Brax nodded. “I’ll take him to the diner. Although then he’ll probably just want some of Leah’s cake.” Brax laughed.

“Don’t just give him cake.” Charlie said. “He can have cake, but he needs to eat something else first.”

“Yeah. I know.” Brax nodded. “You know you should come to the beach with us, see him on that boogie board, he’s actually pretty amazing.” Charlie didn’t answer as she picked up a banana and turned back around facing away from Brax and peeled it open, before she started to mash it up in a bowl for the girls. “Charlie -”

“I’m ready Mummy.” Jacob grinned as he ran back into the room with his t-shirt on and the sunscreen in his hand.

“Great.” Charlie smiled as she bent down and gave Jacob a hug. “You have a good afternoon with Daddy okay?”

“You and them girls not coming?”

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “You and Daddy are going to have a boys’ only day.” Charlie said.

“Cool.” Jacob smiled. “And you and them girls have the girls’ day?”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “Now have a good day.”

Jacob ran over to Brax and handed him the sunscreen. “You need to help me with this one.” Jacob said.

“I will buddy.” Brax smiled. “Now, let’s get going hey.” Jacob ran to the door and pulled it open and jumped excitedly outside.

“Daddy my boogie board in the granny flat. We need to get it.” Jacob said as he pointed to the door of the room across the porch.

“Yeah, I’ll be right out.” Brax shouted out to the boy. “Charlie can we talk about this later?” Brax questioned. “There’s so much more I want to say.”

Charlie turned back around to face Brax as she pursed her lips together. “Bring him home for 6.” Charlie said once again before she disappeared out of the room and into the nursery to get the girls up for their lunch.

Paige giggled as Charlie blew raspberries on her stomach. Charlie smiled lightly as she looked at her daughter, her big blue eyes staring intently at her mother, her mouth open slightly, like she was waiting on her to do it again. Charlie did it again as Paige giggled in excitement. Riley let out a gurgle as she crawled across the floor and pulled herself up on the couch. “Aww who’s a clever baby.” Charlie cooed as she lifted Riley up on her knee, before looking back down to Paige who was still lying on the couch. As she held Riley on her knee, and placed one hand onto Paige’s stomach, she couldn’t help but feel a little sad that her girls were growing up so fast. Although Brax had told her that she still had so much to look forward to with the girls, she was still finding it difficult to accept that she’d never be able to have more children, and Brax had just hurt her deeply by telling her that he wanted Isabella to be his. She exhaled lightly as she placed a kiss on Riley’s head, before stoking her hand through her very slight hair that had just started growing in. Although like Paige, she had brown hair too, hers was a fair bit lighter that her sisters. “Oh girls...Mummy loves you so much, she really does...but after I had you....I....” Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked down to Paige who was giving her a big gummy smile. She hated herself for feeling like she did. Deep down she knew it wasn’t the babies fault that she had to have a hysterectomy, but she’d came to the conclusion that if she hadn’t had the twins, she wouldn’t have had a hysterectomy. She still felt so empty, and didn’t know how to stop feeling like she did, and worse still, she never showed it. She couldn’t. She needed to be strong for Jacob and the girls, especially with everything else that had went on since their birth. There was a knock at the door and Charlie sighed lightly as she placed Riley down on the floor, before she picked up Paige and placed her down next her sister. She stood to her feet and walked over to the door and opened it to see Bianca standing at the other side. “Bianca.” Charlie said softly. “What are you doing here?”

“I eh...I brought you the suitcase back.” Bianca answered. “And I wanted to see if you were okay, you left the house in such a rush this morning.” Charlie turned her head to the girls were making their way over to the door, Riley giggling as she sped past Paige and reached Charlie first. “Oh wow, they are so big.” Bianca smiled. “How long have they been crawling?”

“Eh...Riley for about 7 weeks and Paige about 5.” Charlie answered as she looked to her girls who were sitting by her feet with big grins on their faces. “Come in.” Charlie said as she took the suitcase from Bianca, before she walked in, pushing the pram into the house and setting it to a stop behind the couch. Charlie closed the door and walked back over to the couch, with the girls once again setting off to crawl, as they followed their mother, giggling lightly, enjoying the game.

“So, are you okay?” Bianca asked.

Charlie shook her head as Paige pulled herself to standing and placed her hands on her mother’s knees. Charlie smiled at her daughter as she lifted her onto her knee. “Just being there and holding your new baby...” Charlie trailed off. “I can’t get over this hysterectomy, Bianca.” Charlie shook her head. “I’m just so empty and hurt...I love Jacob and the girls so much, but knowing that these two are my last little ones, that Jacob is going to be my only son...” Charlie trailed off as she felt herself welling up with tears.

“Maybe you could talk to someone about it.” Bianca said. “Bottling everything up isn’t going to help.”

“I thought...he said he didn’t want any more kids but then he tells me....Isabella, he wants her to be his.”

“Charlie I -”

“Has he just been lying to me all this time?” Charlie questioned. “He said he didn’t want any more kids, but now...why would anyone want to have a baby be theirs under this circumstance?”

“I don’t know.” Bianca shook her head. “Look, maybe if you’re still this upset over the hysterectomy....talk to me, or Brax, Leah....maybe even a counsellor will help.”

“I...” Charlie shook her head and avoided Bianca’s advice. “Do you want Isabella to be his?”

“I eh....” Bianca pursed her lips together. “I’d love to know who Isabella’s father is, but it being Brax would just muck up so much...you and Brax’s relationship, mines and yours, it would make things harder for your kids and I guess Bella too. So, no.” Bianca shook her head. “I really hope she isn’t Brax’s.”

“Bella.” Charlie smiled. “That’s very fitting, you know, you being half Italian....Bella...beautiful....she is Bella.”

Bianca smiled lightly as she looked at Charlie and knowing at this moment Charlie was uncomfortable talking about the elephants in the room, she decided to move the conversation on. “You know, I’ve been speaking to her in Italian.” Bianca smiled. “I want her to be bilingual.”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled.

“April said she could teach her French too, but I think English and Italian is enough for now.”

Charlie smiled lightly and nodded her head. “Yeah. So, can I get you a tea or a juice or anything?”

“Tea would be nice thanks.” Bianca smiled as Charlie stood up and placed Paige down on the ground next to Riley, who had sat at Charlie’s feet with her hand on her mother’s ankle during the whole conversation. Charlie walked over to the kitchen and the girls followed, crawling speedily over to her and sitting down at her feet and looking up to her with smiles on their faces. Bianca smiled as she watched Charlie getting the tea ready and only hoped that soon everything would sort itself out.

Thank you everyone. Not so sure about the Chax part in this one...hope you think it's okay.

Chapter 74

Charlie walked back into the room from putting the girls down for a nap to find Bianca holding Isabella in her arms, a look of worry plastered across her face. “Charlie...what’s wrong?” Bianca asked as she stepped forward and held her arms out, holding Isabella closer to Charlie. Charlie looked down at the baby and couldn’t notice anything wrong.

“I don’t see anything.” Charlie said.

“Look, she has these little spots on her nose.” Bianca said.

Charlie looked at Isabella one again and this time, she did noticed the little spots. “It’s probably just milk spots.” Charlie said as she looked back up at Bianca. “I don’t think you need to be worried.”

“Are you really sure?”

“Well that’s what it looks like.” Charlie answered. “But it wouldn’t hurt to go check it out if it would make you feel better.”

“She has cried a lot.” Bianca answered. “She cries, eats, sleeps, poops and cries some more. It’s all she does.”

Charlie laughed lightly. “Well she is only 3 days old.” Charlie answered. “It’s all she can do.”

“So you think she’s okay and I don’t need to worry?” Bianca questioned.

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled as she looked down to the baby in Bianca’s arms. “She looks really healthy to me, but if you’d feel better seeing a doctor then you should do that.”

Bianca smiled lightly and was about to reply when the door burst open and Jacob came running into the room. “Mummy.” Jacob said as tears rolled down his cheeks.

“Hey, sweetie what’s wrong?”

“I fell.” Jacob cried as he held onto his mother. “It so sore.”

“Aww Jakey, you’re okay.”

“No. I bleeding.” Jacob cried as he pointed to his knees that were all grazed and bloody.

“Aww Jacob, what did you do?” Charlie questioned.

“I was running and I fell.” Jacob said as Charlie wiped the tears from his face. “And it hurt and I wanted you.”

“He wouldn’t stop crying and shouting for you.” Brax said. “We were outside the diner after we had our lunch and were going back down to the beach when he fell. People were looking. It was embarrassing that I couldn’t comfort him so I just brought him home.” Charlie nodded lightly at Brax before she lifted her son onto the kitchen worktop and reached into the cupboard for the first-aid kid and took out a sanitized wipe.

“Ouch it’s nippy.” Jacob squealed as he moved his knees away.

“It’ll make it better.” Charlie said as she continued to wipe the blood from his knees.

“I need a Band-Aid.” Jacob whimpered. Charlie smiled lightly at her son before placing a Band-Aid on each knee before she kissed them better and lifted Jacob up into her arms. Brax stood awkwardly at the door, trying not to look at Isabella, and Charlie had seemed to notice this.

“You want her to be your child but you can’t even look at her?” Charlie questioned.

“I just -”

“Wow is that Bee-Bee’s baby?” Jacob questioned.

“Yeah.” Bianca smiled. “This is Isabella.” Bianca said as Charlie walked closer to Bianca and Jacob looked down at the girl with a grin on his still tear-stained face.

“She real pretty.” Jacob smiled. “Can I hold her?”

“Sure you can.” Bianca smiled as Charlie placed her son on the couch.

“Now you need to be very careful Jacob.” Charlie instructed. “She is brand new.”

“I wills.” Jacob smiled as Bianca placed her daughter in his arms.

“You could probably leave now.” Charlie said as she looked up to Brax.

“But it’s only just gone 3.” Brax sighed. “You said I could have him till 6.”

“Jacob, do you want to go back out with Daddy?”

“I just stay with Mummy.” Jacob said as he looked up to Charlie briefly before he looked back down to Isabella.

“There you go.” Charlie said. “He doesn’t want too.”

“Well can we at least go talk some more?” Brax questioned. “Continue our conversation from this morning?”

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “I don’t have anything to say to you right now.”

“Please Charlie.” Brax pleaded.

“I said no.”

“Maybe you should.” Bianca said as she looked up at Charlie. “The kids will be fine with me. Just go for a walk, and talk to him.”

“I don’t want to talk to him.” Charlie shook her head.

“Well you don’t need too.” Brax said. “Just let me do the talking. All you have to do is listen.”

Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked from Bianca to Brax then down to Jacob, who was sitting making silly faces as Isabella lay in his arms. “I’ll give you five minutes.”

Charlie and Brax walked away from the house, down the sidewalk and in the direction of the beach. There was an awkward silence between the two as they walked, neither of them being the first one to talk. “So,” Charlie said after a few minutes of silence. “You said I only had to listen. Are you going to talk?”

“I just....I know what it’s like to not have a father around.” Brax sighed. “I want to be her Dad so she doesn’t have to feel that. It’s horrible Charlie.” Brax paused expecting Charlie to talk but she just continued to stare blankly at him. “And if I need to be honest...being around Jacob and the girls...it would have been nice to think that one day we could have more children.”

“Well that’s never going to happen for us.” Charlie spoke coldly. “If you want more children then we can’t be together. As you said this morning, it’s something I can’t ever give you.”

“I know and I thought I was okay with that until Bianca said she was pregnant and that I might be the Dad. It got me thinking how cute and great babies are and I....”

“Funny you say that.” Charlie said. “You’ve not been here much for the girls thus far. You struggled to adjust to them being here then when you finally start to look promising you turn into an alcoholic and need to be shipped off to rehab, then when you get back, you spend days and days at a time away from them. You don’t even seem interested in them half the time, so why you want another one is beyond me.”

“Charlie of course I’m interested. I love those little girls more than anything.”

“Feeling love for them and being a good father to them are two totally different things.”

“So you don’t think I am a good father?” Brax questioned feeling slightly saddened.

“You have your moments.” Charlie smiled lightly. “And you’re great with Jacob, but I feel I’ve done most of the work with the girls and between that and everything else that’s gone on, it’s not given me time to grieve properly and -”

“Grieve for what?” Brax questioned.

“The hysterectomy.” Charlie raised her voice. “I don’t have the time to think about myself because I’m always busy with Jacob and the girls.”

“Charlie, I’m sorry.” Brax said as he tried to pull her into a hug but Charlie took a step back and shook her hands out in front of her. “Talk to me now.”

“No.” Charlie shouted. “Why would I talk to you about it now? You’ve just told me you want more children. How can I possibly talk to you now about it when you’ve just admitted you want more? Something I can never give you.”

“No, but Bianca might have just given me another child and then that’s enough.” Charlie laughed in disbelief at what Brax was saying to her. “Look Charlie, I don’t understand what you want me to say. I’m not going to apologise for wanting Isabella to be my daughter.”

“I guess I’ll never understand.” Charlie shook her head.

“I tried to tell you.” Brax sighed. “I don’t want that little girl growing up without a father. It’s not fair and no-one should ever have to do it. I hate my Dad for leaving us...what it did to us....I don’t want that for Bianca and I told myself I would never turn my back on my kids....I wouldn’t be like my Dad.”

“Funny that.” Charlie said. “The one thing you didn’t want to be....you’ve started to turn into. You got drunk and hurt me, you’ve been to rehab, and you’re only a parent when you want to be...from what you’ve told me, you’re exactly like your father.” Charlie spat before she turned around and began quickly walking away from Brax.

Thank you so much everyone. :D

Chapter 75

Bianca looked down to the envelope in her hands and took a deep breath before placing it in her bag and walking out of the house. As she pushed her sleeping week old daughter in the pram, she smiled lightly. The little baby so peaceful having no idea of the commotion her birth had caused. The pain that Charlie, Brax, and Bianca were all feeling was all very different, but equally there. More than anything Bianca wanted to know who the father of her daughter was, for Isabella more than anything, but did she really want it to be Brax? For if it was, so much would be ruined and never able to be fixed. What was more important to her? Her daughter knowing Brax was her father, or her friendship and Charlie and Charlie and Brax’s relationship being able to last. As she saw the couple sitting on the bench at the beach, she stopped for a second, seeing they were both silence, not looking at each other, just waiting on Bianca to arrive. Bianca exhaled lightly as she walked over to them. “Hey....thanks for meeting me here.”

“Why did you pick a public place?” Charlie asked. “Why couldn’t we just go to your place?”

“I just thought Bella could do with some fresh air....and maybe if we weren’t in the privacy of a house, if need be, things would be discussed more calmly.”

Charlie nodded lightly. “Did you go to the doctors the other day? Is she okay?”

“Fine.” Bianca smiled. “Milk spots just like you said.”

“Can we just open the results?” Brax questioned. “I need to know.” Bianca slowly brought the envelope out of her bag and took a deep breath as she ripped it open and very slowly pulled the sheet of paper out of it and scanned the information.

Bianca shook her head lightly. “She’s not yours.” Bianca said as she handed the piece of paper out to Brax, but he stood there, his hands on his waist and bit his lip. Charlie breathed a sigh of relief as she took the sheet from Bianca and read it over twice, just to make sure. Brax took a deep breath as Charlie looked up to him and saw tears forming in his eyes. Brax let out a scream of upset before walking away from them, making his way down the beach. Bianca sighed lightly as she sat down on the bench next to Charlie. “He’ll get over it.”

“Will he?” Charlie asked. “Look at him. He looks devastated.”

“He’ll soon remember what he already has is more important. If he was Bella’s father he’d have lost all that. I’m sure he’ll soon realise that that is more important than Bella knowing who her father is.”

“How do you feel?” Charlie asked.

“To be honest....I would have loved to have known who her father was but I didn’t want to ruin things for you and Brax, Jacob, Paige and Riley too. And me and you.”

“You think that we can fix this?” Charlie asked.

“If you want too. Yes.” Bianca nodded.

“I want to spend the rest of my life with him.” Charlie said. “I want to get married and just....I want us to be a family.”

“Then go talk to him.” Bianca said as she looked down to the beach to Brax who was sitting staring out towards the ocean.

Charlie shook her head lightly. “I think I’ll make it worse if I talk to him now. I’ll give him time to calm down.”

“Well if you think that’s right.” Bianca said.

“I do.” Charlie smiled weakly. “I’m going to get home. Ruby and Xavier were planning on heading back to the city today. I’ll let them get going.”

“Okay.” Bianca nodded as Charlie stood up. “See you around?”

“For sure.” Charlie smiled. “And, I am sorry Bianca. I know how much I wished Brax wasn’t the father, but I’m sorry that you don’t know who he is.”

“All that matters right now is that I do the best job I can raising that little one. And who knows, maybe I won’t find her biological father, but I’d love to think one day that I’d meet a man who can be a father to her.”

“I’m sure you will.” Charlie smiled before she walked away. Bianca took a deep breath as stood up from the bench and pushed the pram down the beach, stopping next to Brax and taking a seat. Brax looked up to Bianca as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

“I really wanted to be there for her.” Brax said.

“You know, you still can be.” Bianca said. “She’ll need a father figure...someone to go to when she feels she can’t talk to me....a fun uncle, maybe?”

“Not biologically though is it?” Brax said. “I thought I had a daughter.”

“Brax, you have two beautiful daughters already.” Bianca replied.

“I know, but I just...I couldn’t see how anyone else could have been the father. I know I protested to it, but everything pointed to us sleeping together.”

“I know.” Bianca nodded. “And I do wish on some levels that you were the father. But, it’s a lot better for everyone this way.”

“Even for Bella?” Brax asked.

“Like I said, she needs an uncle. I play auntie to your kids. You and Charlie can be auntie and uncle to my daughter too.”

“Well I guess it is the next best thing.” Brax smiled lightly. “And if she ever needs anything....you just need to ask.”

Bianca nodded lightly. “So, how are things with you and Charlie right now?”

“We haven’t spoken since that day you told her to go talk with me.” Brax shook his head. “And I haven’t seen the kids since then either. Charlie’s right. I am like my father. I am a sucky parent. Bella’s probably better off that I’m not her Dad.”

“Charlie is just hurting right now.” Bianca said. “She probably didn’t mean what she said.”

“I don’t blame her for saying it.” Brax sighed. “I...on some levels...I think she’s right. I need to change. We need too...we’ll make it work again, like it used to be.”

“I’m sure you will.” Bianca smiled. “But you are only going to do that by talking.”

Brax exhaled lightly as he looked round to the pram. “Can I hold her?” Brax asked. Bianca nodded lightly as she stood up and lifted Isabella from the pram and handed her to Brax. “Hey Isabella...I’m Darryl, but you can call me Brax.” Brax smiled lightly. “I may not be your father, but you can count on me if you need me.” Brax said. “I’m gonna be your uncle Brax.” Bianca smiled lightly as she watched Brax looking down at her daughter.

“Hey, Mum, how did it go?” Ruby asked as Charlie walked back into the house. Paige squealed in excitement as she crawled over to her mother and Charlie smiled as she picked her up.

“He’s not the dad.” Charlie grinned.

Ruby breathed a sigh of relief. “So where is he now?”

“He’s.....sulking on the beach.”

“Don’t you think you should have talked to him?” Ruby asked.

“Nah. Not yet.” Charlie shook her head. “He’s in a mood so talking to him now will just makes things worse and I don’t want to say anything more that I’ll regret.”

“Anything more?” Ruby questioned.

“A few days ago things were said and I’d rather not have said them if I am honest.”

“Oh.” Ruby nodded lightly. “But you will sort things, won’t you?”

“I think we both want to so, yeah. I hope so.” Charlie nodded lightly. “So, anyways, where are Jacob and Riley?”

“Outside with Xavier. He has them in the paddling pool.”

“Ahh and this little missy screamed when you put her in right?” Charlie asked as she looked down at Paige.

“That’s one word for it.” Ruby laughed. “She really does hate water doesn’t she?”

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “Bath time is so not fun when it comes to Paige.” Ruby laughed lightly as she and Charlie made their way outside to see Jacob and Riley having fun in the pool with Xavier.

“Mummy.” Jacob smiled. “Riley is having so much fun.”

“Yeah, I can see that.” Charlie smiled. “She loves the water hey?”

“Yeah. No like Paige.”

“Nope.” Charlie laughed as she watched her son splashing about in the water as Xavier sat on the grass holding Riley in the water as she splashed her arms as she giggled.

“Mummy where Daddy gone?” Jacob asked. “No seen him for ages.”

“No eh....” Charlie shook her head as she handed Paige to Ruby. “Could you stay a little longer? I want to go talk to him now.”

“Sure.” Ruby nodded. “Charlie gave her a thankful smile before she once again left the house.

Thanks everyone. :wub: I did think about making Brax the father, but I think I would have been tracked down and killed! :lol: And also, I didnt see Charlie being able to get past it so it would mean no Chax. But, anyways...I hope you like this next one. :unsure:

Chapter 76

Charlie walked up the stairs of the Surf Club, hoping to find Brax in his restaurant. He was no longer at the beach, he wasn’t in the diner and he wasn’t at his place, so Charlie couldn’t think of where else he could be. She opened the door that had the closed sign on it, and began walking up the restaurant to find Brax sitting at the bar, staring at a glass of bourbon, and a bottle of half drunken bourbon sitting with the lid off next to the glass. “Please tell me you haven’t had a drink.”

Brax looked behind at Charlie and laughed lightly before turning back around again, lifting the glass and taking a drink. “What do you care?” Brax questioned. “I’m a failure as a partner....as a father....I’m useless anyways so what does it matter if I drink.” Brax said before he took another drink.

“You’re not useless.” Charlie shook her head as she stepped forward and took a seat next to Brax.

“You as good as said so.” Brax sighed.

“Brax, I -”

“You’re right though.” Brax said. “I am my father.”

“You’re not. I didn’t mean that.” Charlie said.

“It’s okay. I know you did.” Brax said. “I am....I’m turning into him Charlie and I don’t want. Please help me.”

Charlie exhaled lightly before she bit her lip. “Well we can start by getting rid of this.” Charlie said as she moved the glass and the bottle from Brax’s reach.

“I need a drink though.” Brax said as he tried to reach the glass but Charlie pushed it even further away.

“No, you don’t.” Charlie shook her head. “And if you don’t want to be like your father then you can’t....Brax....please don’t have another drink.”

“Why?” Brax questioned. “I’m losing everything. You, the kids....then I thought, maybe with Bella I wouldn’t screw it up. I’d be there for her from the get go....but she’s not my daughter.” Brax shook his head. “I stuffed up so much with the girls; I wanted a chance to get it right.”

“You can get it right.” Charlie said. “The girls are young enough to not remember any of this bother and, Brax; you can be a great father.”

“I just need to learn how to do it fulltime.” Brax sighed.

“And you can.” Charlie said. “Brax we can work everything out and I know that you’ll be a great father. You’ve already showed me that you can be.”

“So you still want me?” Brax questioned. “You still want to be with me and give me a chance after all the crap I’ve put you through recently?”

“If you’ll have me.” Charlie said. “I said some pretty nasty things too.”

“You said the truth.” Brax said. “Can we just put all this behind us and move on?”

“I don’t know if it’ll be as easy as that.” Charlie shook her head. “But I really want to give it a go.”

“So, you’ll have me back?” Brax smiled.

“I think you’re worth trying.” Charlie smiled. Brax leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

“Charlie, if you want to talk about the hysterectomy...I eh...I’ll try and be -”

“It’s fine.” Charlie said. “I’ve booked a meeting with a counsellor. I think it’s best if I talk to someone more....a professional.” Charlie answered.

Brax smiled lightly. “Well if you do want to talk, you know I’m here right?”

“Yeah. I know.” Charlie nodded lightly. “Now, do you want to come home and see the kids?”

“Yeah, I’d love to.” Brax smiled as he and Charlie stood up and left the restaurant. They both exhaled lightly, knowing it wasn’t going to be easy, but they were both wanted more than anything to give things a go.

“1....2....3.” Brax shouted as he flung Jacob into the ocean. Jacob splashed into the water before returning to the surface in laughter. It had been two weeks since Charlie and Brax had the talk in Angelo’s and things were going well, although they were talking it slow.

“Mummy throw me now.” Jacob giggled as he swam across to Charlie. Charlie passed Riley to Brax as she picked up her son.

“1....2....3.” Charlie said before she flung Jacob away. Riley clapped her hands in excitement before letting out a squeal.

“Da...da...dadda.” Riley shouted.

“Ahh I’m her first word.” Brax grinned.

“Aww Riley.” Charlie grinned. “Clever baby.” Charlie smiled as she rubbed her daughters head, as Jacob swam back over to them and Charlie took him into her arms.

“Dadda dadda dadda.” Riley grinned.

“Can you say Mamma?” Charlie questioned. Riley looked to Charlie and screwed up her face.

“Dadda.” Riley giggled.

“Mamma.” Charlie said.

“Dadda.” Riley smiled as she put her hand on Brax’s chest.

“She no no Mamma yet.” Jacob said as he looked up to Charlie.

“No, she doesn’t.” Charlie said sadly.

“Maybe Paige will no Mamma.” Jacob said.

“Yes. My little Paigy won’t let me down.” Charlie smiled as she walked out of the water with Brax and Riley following. She placed Jacob down on the ground and he ran up the sand to where Bianca was sitting with Paige and Isabella.

“Bee-Bee...Bee-Bee...Riley said Dadda.”

“Oh wow.” Bianca smiled.

“Paige you say Mamma.” Jacob smiled as he sat down next to his sister. Paige let out a gurgle as she smiled up at Charlie.

“Say Mamma.” Charlie smiled.

Paige giggled as he held her hands up for Charlie to pick her up. Charlie lifted her daughter into her arms and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. “Ma...mamamamam....” Paige squealed.

“That’s not it.” Jacob giggled. “Mamma.”

“Mam....Mamma.” Paige smiled.

“Ahh yeah, getting in their first hey.” Brax laughed as he stopped walking next to Charlie. “Paige you’re supposed to say Dadda.”

“Mamma.” Paige said.

“Dadda.” Riley smiled.

“Aww bless they are so cute.” Bianca smiled. “I love how you have one each.”

“Well I think we need some Daddy and Paige time.” Brax said as he took Paige from Charlie and handed her Riley. “I’m going to make you like this water girl....persistence will pull off.”

“Don’t go forcing her if she doesn’t like it.” Charlie said. “Jacob and Riley are your water babies. Let me have Paigy.”

“What do you think, Paige?” Brax questioned. “Should we let Mamma have you?”

“Mamma.” Paige clapped her hands together as she grinned.

“Daddy can we play with the ball now?” Jacob asked as he picked up the football and began running across the sand.

“Sure.” Brax smiled as he placed Paige down on the towel and ran after the boy. Charlie sat down next to Bianca, placing Riley down on the towel next to her sister.

“So, how’s it going with Isabella?” Charlie questioned.

“It’s getting easier.” Bianca smiled. “Irene’s been a great help....and April.” Bianca smiled. “Although the other day April, Bella and I were out and someone thought she was April’s.” Bianca laughed lightly. “I can see why. She has dark hair and brown eyes, just like Isabella does. April was quick to correct them though. I guess I should be glad she doesn’t seem like she’s going to want kids any time soon.”

“Well she’s still go a while left of uni right? I mean medicine takes a while?”

“Yeah.” Bianca nodded. “But she and Dex are still going strong. I think we will get baby Walkers one day.”

“They seem like they’ve never had much trouble.” Charlie said. “Ruby and Xavier have had their fair share of troubles.”

“Yeah, but they seem to be okay now, right?”

“Yeah. Xav was actually going to propose, but I think something Ruby said stopped him. But to be honest I think it was for the best. They’re not long back together.”

“Well as long as they are happy.” Bianca smiled. “And you and Brax seem to be getting on okay.”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “It’s going good. We’re taking it slow.”

“Probably for the best.” Bianca smiled and Charlie agreed. “So, how did your counselling session go last week?”

“It was....okay.” Charlie smiled lightly. “But it was my first one so we didn’t really go into too much detail. I’m going to go again on Friday actually, so, yeah.”

“Good.” Bianca smiled. “Have you talked with Brax about it?”

Charlie shook her head. “Not yet. I think, one day, I will. But right now...no.”

“Well as long as you are finally able to work through it that’s all that matters right now.” Bianca smiled as Riley crawled over the sand and climbed up onto her knee. “Hello little one.” Bianca smiled down at Riley who gave her a big grin.

“Mamma.” Paige said as she crawled over to Charlie and climbed up on her knee. Charlie smiled as she wrapped her arms around her daughter and watched as Jacob and Brax laughed with each other as they played football.

Thanks everyone. :wub:

This chapter is set 2 years later.

Chapter 77

Charlie and Ruby stood in the room staring up at the dress that was hanging on the back of the door. “It’s gorgeous.” Ruby smiled as ran her hand over the wedding dress. It was white and strapless, and sat on her body perfectly. The number of times she wore it just to test it out showed that. Charlie smiled nervously as she too ran her hand over the dress.

“It is. It’s just....” Charlie trailed off not finding a word to describe the dress. The bridesmaids dresses that were lying on the bed were a gorgeous greeny-blue, and the flower girl dresses that Paige, Riley and Isabella were going to wear where a simple white dress with a bow tied at the back, the bouquets of lily’s were sitting on the dresser, and there were 3 little baskets with petals inside for the girls to throw down on the aisle in a few hours time.

“Mummy I no wear a dress.” Riley shook her head as she climbed up onto the seat and folded her arms, presenting her mother with a big frown.

“You’ve got too. You need to look pretty for the wedding.”

“I pretty with no dress.” The almost 3-year-old announced.

“Aww you are sweetie.” Charlie smiled. “But Mummy thinks you look like a Princess in this dress so would love you to wear it.”

“I no want to be a Princess.” Riley shook her head. “Dresses are stupid.”

“I like it.” Paige smiled as she twirled around the room. “It’s the prettyfulliest.”

“Riley you need to wear it.” Ruby said. “It’s what the flower girls wear.”

“I no want to be a flower girl.” Riley shook her head. “I just sit an watch.”

“If you don’t wear the dress you don’t get any cake at the reception.” Charlie said, hoping the simple act of bribery would work on her daughter.

“Mummy.” Riley gasped. “That not fair.”

“Well it’s your choice. No dress, no cake.” Riley sighed as she scratched the side of her head.

“I wear it just for a little bit okay?”

“Fine by me.” Charlie smiled before there was a knock at the door and the hairdresser and make-up artist walked in.

“Are you girls ready to be made up?” The lady asked as she set her stuff up on the dresser.

“Wow.” Paige gasped as she looked at all the make-up that the lady displayed. “That for me?”

“No, you don’t need that to look pretty sweetie.” Charlie said. “Not like Mummy and Ruby.”

“Oi.” Ruby lightly hit Charlie’s arm.

“No.” Paige shook her head. “You’re the prettyfulliest Mummy. You no need it eithers.”

“Aww that’s sweet. But, you can’t wear it.” Paige scowled before she jumped up in the seat ready to get her hair done.

“Sorry, we’re late.” Bianca, Isabella, April and Leah came running into the room, ready for their bridesmaids duties.

“Pretty.” Isabella smiled as she ran over to the bed and pointed to the greeny-blue bridesmaid dresses.

“That’s not yours darling.” Bianca smiled as walked over to the bed and took her daughters hand.

“Perché?” Isabella sighed.

“Per what?” Ruby said.

“Perché.” Bianca laughed. “She means why.”

“Oh she’s speaking Italian.” Ruby laughed.

“Yeah. Bella, we speak English here.”

“Perché?” Isabella asked.

“Poiché ho detto così....because I said so.” Bianca said.

“Ohh. Okay.” Isabella sighed. “Where mines?”

“You dress is over there.” Bianca pointed to the wardrobe where the 3 little dresses were hanging.

“Oh.” Isabella smiled as she ran over to the wardrobe and looked up to it. “It a bow.” Isabella smiled.

The women and children all got ready for the wedding as the women drank champagne. Riley, Paige and Isabella were running around the room chasing each other and giggling in excitement. “Girls, be careful.” Charlie said.

“Yeah. You don’t want to ruin the dresses. Then you won’t can wear them.” Bianca said as the hairdresser made the final touches to her hair.

“I no like it anyways.” Riley said. “Can I ruin mine?”

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “Then you wouldn’t get any cake.”

“Oh yeah.” Riley said before she sat down on the chair. “We ready yet. It takes forever.” Riley sighed.

“Yeah we are all ready now.” Leah smiled as the hairdresser and make-up artist packed up their things and left the room. “We just need to wait for the wedding cars to get here.”

“I really not get any.” Paige said sadly as she bowed her head down.

“Any what sweetie?” Charlie asked.

“Of the makesup.” Paige sighed. Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked down to her daughter. She picked up the lip-gloss from the dresser.

“Come here then.” Charlie said and Paige smiled as she ran over to her mother. Charlie applied the lip-gloss to her daughter. “There you go. Lovely.”

“Oh...me, me too.” Isabella smiled as she ran over to Charlie. Charlie looked up to Bianca who nodded lightly before she applied a little bit of lip-gloss to the two-year-old.

“Does Riley want any?” Ruby asked and Riley shook her head.

“No.” Riley shook her head. “I want to go now.”

“The cars will be hear in a minute sweetie.” Charlie said.

“I sit with Apil.” Isabella smiled as she ran over to her Auntie.

“Aww thank you Bella.” April smiled. Isabella giggled as she wrapped her arms around April’s legs. “My bestest Apil.”

“What about Mummy?” Bianca questioned. “You don’t want to sit with Mummy?”

“No.” Isabella shook her head. “Just Apil.”

“The cars are here.” Leah smiled.

“Finally.” Riley sighed as she jumped down from the chair and ran from the room, with Leah, Paige, Bianca, April and Isabella following. Charlie and Ruby stood in the room, both staring at each other. Charlie with a smile on her face and Ruby looking a little sad.

“You okay?” Charlie questioned as she walked over to her daughter.

“It’s going to be different now isn’t it? After the wedding?”

“Yeah, but, not entirely. We’re still going to be the same family that we always have been.”

“So nothing will change between us?” Ruby questioned.

“Of course not. I’m still going to be your mother and you’ll still be my daughter. Wedding or no wedding.” Charlie said as she wrapped her arm around her daughter.

“You promise me?” Ruby asked.

“Of course.” Charlie smiled. “Now.” Charlie said as she took a deep breath. “I guess it’s time to get married.”

Paige, Riley and Isabella stood outside the Church jumping around in excitement. “Can we go in yet Mummy?” Paige asked. “I want Daddy to see me in my pretty dress.”

“In a few minutes.” Charlie said as she adjusted her dress.

“Mum.” Jacob smiled as he ran out of the Church, all dressed up in his suit.

“Oh look at you all handsome.” Charlie smiled.

“Yeah.” Jacob nodded. “And you all look real pretty.” Jacob smiled as he looked from Charlie, to Ruby, Bianca, Leah and April before looking down at Paige, Isabella and Riley. “You got Riley in a dress.” Jacob laughed.

“Yeah cos I gets cake.” Riley smiled up at her brother.

“Oh wedding cake.” Jacob said. “I bet its real good.”

“Come here and give Mummy a hug.” Charlie smiled as Jacob ran over to her and gave her a quick hug. “That’s all I get?” Charlie questioned.

“I don’t want to mess up your dress.” Jacob smiled as someone appeared at the door.

“We’re ready from you now.” They said.

“Ready.” Charlie said and all the women nodded before Leah helped to get them positioned. April and Bianca were going to walk down the aisle first, then Jacob with the rings on top of a satin blue pillow to be passed to the best man, then Leah, followed by Isabella, Paige and Riley who would throw flower petals down on the aisle, before Charlie and Ruby would walk down together. The music started and everyone walked down the aisle, the girls, Isabella and Paige in particular loving their roll, before they were seated at the front, as Leah, Bianca, and April stood in their places at the front, waiting for the bride to arrive. Ruby and Charlie walked down the aisle, their arms linked around each other’s, Charlie the proudest mother in the world at this exact moment, having the privilege to walk down the aisle with her daughter on her wedding day. As Ruby approached the front to see Xavier looking down to her giving her a big smile, all the nerves she had disappeared. She couldn’t wait to be Mrs Xavier Austin.

Chapter 78

Charlie stood at the edge of the dance floor watching the husband and wife dancing together, looking so much in love. She watched as Jacob and Paige were dancing with each other and Riley and Isabella were holding hands and running around in circles. “Can you believe you’re little girl is married?” Brax asked as he wrapped his arms around her and softly kissed her neck.

“I can’t believe she is 23 and married before me. Nope.” Charlie shook her head and turned around to face Brax.

“And you realise she will probably make you a grandmother when you are still in you 30’s.” Brax laughed, choosing to ignore Charlie’s comment about not being married yet.

“Well maybe not.” Charlie shook her head. “She’s still doing great with the band. Maybe she will put babies on hold for now. I mean she’s young enough to do this whole band thing for a while.”

“Yeah I guess.” Brax smiled. “Does she know the paparazzi tried to get pictures?”

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “But, I hope you and Dex weren’t forceful when getting rid of them.”

Brax laughed lightly. “Dex? Forceful? I know he was the best man, but c’mon Charlie, I dealt with them.”

“You dealt with them?”

“I didn’t do anything bad. I just told them where to go.”

“Good.” Charlie smiled. “And eh....a honeymoon in Bali....sounds lovely.” Brax laughed lightly as he cupped her cheek with his hand.

“Wouldn’t be so good with a 6-year-old and 3-year-old twins though eh.”

“I wasn’t planning on taking the kids.” Charlie smiled lightly.

“You could go a whole week without them?” Brax questioned.

“I was thinking two, actually.” Charlie smiled. “Wouldn’t it be nice? Just me and you....some nice secluded place on the beach...I mean if you think about it, Jacob was around when we got together so we’ve not really had any time where it’s been just me and you for longer than a night.”

“True....very true.” Brax nodded. “And that secluded beach idea....brilliant.” Brax smiled before placing a soft kiss on Charlie’s lips.

“So I should just wait for a proposal now, should I?” Charlie teased.

“This ring here on your finger means there will be one coming.” Brax smiled as he lifted up Charlie’s left hand and ran his finger over her promise ring. It took Charlie a long time to start wearing it again, but when she finally did, they were happier than ever and in a really good place.

“Hmmm just I’ve had this ring since a few weeks after the girls were born and they will be 3 in a couple of weeks time, so...”

“Patience. Charlotte.” Brax grinned. “Good things come to those who wait.”

“Oh I see.” Charlie smiled as Paige ran over to them.

“Daddy you dance wiff me.” Paige smiled as she pulled on Brax’s hand.

“I was just going to give your Mummy a dance.” Brax smiled down at his daughter.

“No.” Paige shook her head. “You dance wiff me.”

“Of course Daddy will dance with you.” Charlie said as she pushed Brax forward lightly and he went off to dance with his daughter.

“Mummy I so tired.” Riley yawned as she ran over to her mother and Charlie lifted her up into her arms. Riley had managed to make it through the ceremony and the meal in her dress, but, Charlie had to change her as soon as she had finished her cake. She was now wearing a pair of jeans with little purple flowers on the top left hand pocket and a simple white t-shirt. Charlie smiled as she placed a soft kiss on her daughters head and walked across the room to the chairs to find Bella was already cuddling into Bianca.

“Hey, Bella you tired too?” Charlie questioned as she sat down next to her friend. Bella nodded lightly before she looked up to her mother.

“Buonanotte.” Bella said quietly before she yawned.

“Buonanotte.” Bianca laughed lightly at her daughter before she stroked her soft brown hair with her hand. “Ti amo tesoro.”

“Ti amo mamma.” Bella smiled before she yawned once again before closing her eyes.

“What you saying Bee-Bee?” Riley asked.

“I said I love you sweetie.”

“And what Bella say?”

“She said I love you mummy.” Bianca smiled.

“You no say that to me” Riley said sadly as she looked up to Charlie.

“Yeah, I tell you I love you all the time.” Charlie said.

“No in those words.” Riley shook her head.

“I dont speak Italian.” Charlie laughed. Riley sighed lightly before she cuddled into Charlie to sleep.

“I think I’ll get this one home.” Bianca smiled lightly as she stood up and held her already sleeping daughter in her arms.

“Okay, see you later.” Charlie smiled. “Oh, will they be home yet?”

“I think so. Just depends on how things went.” Bianca answered. “But they were due back today.”

“Well I’m sure you’ll let me know tomorrow.” Charlie grinned.

“Yeah, I will.” Bianca smiled before she said goodbye to Ruby and Xavier and made her way out of the hotel, and walked the short distance back home to the house she shared with him, Bella and April. “Hey your home.” Bianca smiled as she walked back into her house. He smiled lightly as he looked up from making himself a hot chocolate and walked over to her and placed a soft kiss on her lips, before he took Bella into his arms.

“How was the wedding?” He asked as they made their way out of the kitchen and up the stairs into Bella’s room.

“Great.” Bianca smiled. “I wish you could have been there.”

“I know. Me too, but you know why I couldn’t.” He said as he lay Bella down on the bed and very gently began to take off her dress and shoes.

“I know. How is he?” Bianca asked as she pulled a pair of pyjamas out of the chest of drawers.

“Hasn’t said a word all day...actually he hasn’t said a word since...” He trailed off.

“I guess its understandable.” Bainca smiled lightly as she dressed her daughter into her pyjama’s before she put the bed covers over her. She placed a soft kiss on her head before they left the room, and walked into their bedroom. “But I am glad that your home. I’ve missed you.”

“I missed you too.” He smiled as he pulled Bianca closer to him. “And Bella.”

“She’s missed you too.” Bianca said. “She’ll get a nice surprise when she see’s your home in the morning.”

“Yeah.” He smiled as he tucked a stand of loose hair behind her ear. “But I’ve not see you for 2 weeks, so...” He smiled as he raised his eyebrows suggestively before placing a kiss on her lips. The kiss became more passionate as they made their way over to the bed.

Charlie, Brax and the kids were standing outside of the house, saying goodbye by Ruby and Xaiver. “Have a great time.” Charlie smiled as she pulled back from the hug with Ruby.

“I’m sure we will.” Ruby smiled.

“Ruby....Ruby....” Paige said as she pulled on her maxi dress.

“What Paige?” Ruby looked down at the little girl, who was grinning up at her.

“Well eh....just bye.” Paige said quietly as she hugged her leg.

“Aww bye sweetie.” Ruby smiled as she lifted her sister up and gave her a hug.

“I had fun in my dress.” Paige smiled.

“Aww I’m glad.” Ruby smiled. “I had lots off fun too.”

“Ruby I come?” Riley asked as she pulled on her dress.

“Ha no I’m afraid not.” Ruby said as she placed Paige back onto the ground. “We need someone here to look after Mummy and Daddy don’t we?”

“Yeah.” The girls giggled.

“Have a good time Rubes.” Jacob smiled. “And remember my presesnt, okay?”

“We sure will buddy.” Xavier laughed.

“I bet the waves there would be cool.” Jacob smiled. “Will you surf?”

“Oh I might.” Xavier answered. “Depends how busy we are.” Xavier and Ruby gave each other a cheeky grin.

“Oh well on that note.” Brax laughed. “You guys best get off to the airport.”

“Bye.” Riley, Paige and Jacob all chorused as they waved.

Charlie gave Ruby another hug. “Aww I wish you were going to be here for the twins birthday.”

“Well I have good reason not to be there.” Ruby grinned as she pulled back. “I’ll be on my honeymoon. Or you could have the party 2 days late and then I can be there.”

“But then it’s not their birthday.” Charlie sighed.

“Well I just need to bring them home extra cool gifts.” Ruby grinned.

“We should really get going.” Xavier said.

“Yeah, well cya guys.” Ruby grinned before her and Xavier both got into the car and drove off towards the city for the airport.

Thank you everyone. :wub: Hope this one is okay. :unsure:

Chapter 79

Charlie walked into the diner to see Bianca and the kids already sitting waiting on her. “Hey, Bee-Bee and Bella.” Riley shouted as she ran across the diner and took a seat at the table.

“Hey Riley.” Bianca smiled.

“Wiley.” Bella grinned.

“Hey.” Charlie smiled as she, Paige and Jacob took a seat at the table.

“Mum.” Jacob whispered. “Who is that boy?”

“Jacob this is Ash. He is Liam’s son.” Bianca smiled as she looked from Ash to Jacob.

“Oh....hi Ash. I’m Jacob.” Jacob held his hand out for the boy to shake but just sat there silently looking down to the ground. He frowned as he pulled his hand away and looked up to Charlie. “Why he not answering me Mum?”

“He’s just a little sad right now.” Charlie said.

“Oh well when he isn’t maybe we could be friends.” Jacob smiled.

“Yeah.” Bianca nodded. “I’m sure he would love to play with you and he’s 6 too so you’ll be in the same class at school.”

“Is he going to be living here now?” Jacob questioned.

“Yeah.”

“With you and Liam and Bella and April?” Jacob asked.

“Yeah he sure is.” Bianca smiled as she lightly rubbed the boys back but he immediately shrugged her off. Charlie and Bianca shared a glance before they both exhaled lightly.

“Chalie.” Bella grinned as she looked up at her. “Papà a casa.”

“Bella.” Bianca said. “Charlie speaks English. God I wish I didnt teach her Italian now.”

“I think it cute. And it’s really clever that she knows both.” Charlie smiled.

Bianca smiled at Charlie’s comment before she looked back down to her daughter. “You can only talk Italian if I talk Italian too you, okay? If you are speaking to anyone else it has to be English.”

“No.” Bella shook her head. “Italy.” Bella grinned.

“Isabella Scott.” Bianca exhaled. “You listen to mummy. We talk English.”

Bella frowned before she let out a sigh. “So, your daddy is home.” Charlie smiled. “Did you miss him?”

“This much.” Bella nodded as she held her hands out as wide as she could.

“Wow that is a lot.” Charlie said and Bella nodded.

“So, the happy couple got off on their honeymoon alright?” Bianca questioned.

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled lightly.

“Ruby will bring me a nice present.” Jacob smiled.

“Me too.” Paige said.

“And me Bee-Bee.” Riley grinned. “All of us.”

“Oh Bee-Bee you know what? Mummy killed my fish.” Jacob said.

“Jacob.” Charlie gasped. “I did nothing of the sort.”

“Well yeah.” Jacob sighed. “It was floating on the top of the bowl this morning.”

“It wasn’t my fault.” Charlie said. “They are your fish to look after.”

“I did it all good.” Jacob argued. “You must have hurt him when you cleaned the water.”

“Jacob.” Charlie said. “I got you a new fish and we had a very lovely flushing ceremony for Captain Jack.”

“Yeah. Down the toilet.” Riley giggled.

“It went woo woo woo.” Paige laughed as she made a circular motion with her hand.

“Hey guys.” Leah smiled as she walked over to the table. “What can I get you all today?” Leah asked before she was bombarded with requested of chocolate cake, ice-cream and jelly from Jacob, Paige, Riley and Bella. “Whoa whoa.” Leah laughed lightly. “One at a time.”

“And I don’t think we will be having any cake or ice-cream.” Charlie said. “Riley and Paige will have the nuggets and chips and I’ll have the chili chicken wrap please.” Charlie said. “Riley a chocolate milkshake and Paige a banana milkshake, and a glass of orange for me please.”

“Sure.” Leah smiled as she wrote the order down. “And for Jacob?”

“Ehm....the burger with extra cheese.” Jacob grinned. “And lots of chips and a coke.....oh can I have a coke Mum? Just the one glass, please.”

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded and Leah wrote down his order.

“And for you Bianca?”

“Eh...I’ll take the nuggets for Bella as well and a strawberry milkshake. The lasagne and a water for me thanks.” Bianca smiled before she looked down to Ash. “Ash sweetie what do you want?” Ash continued to look down to the floor and stayed silent. “Ash.” Bianca said. “What do you want to eat?” Ash shook his head as looked up briefly before quickly looking back down again.

“Hmm let’s see.” Leah exhaled. “Do you like lasagne?” Ash gave a slight shake of the head. “Spaghetti bolognaise?” Once again, Ash very lightly shook his head.

“What about a burger like me?” Jacob asked and once again Ash shook his head before he looked up to everyone and exhaled lightly. He pointed to Leah’s notepad and pen, as if asking for it.

“What me?” Leah said. “What does he mean?” Bianca shrugged her shoulders as she put her hand on the boys shoulder.

“Ash, sweetie you need to order something.”

Once again Ash pointed to the notepad and pen. “I think he wants to write it.” Charlie said as she looked up at Leah.

“Ahh.” Leah handed Ash the notepad and pen and they all watched as he scribbled something down on the pad before handing it back to Leah. “Nuggets, chips and an apple juice coming up.” Leah smiled at the young boy.

“Thanks Leah.” Bianca smiled.

“Grazie.” Bella grinned and Leah laughed lightly before she walked over to the kitchen to make their order.

Brax and Liam were in the restaurant, setting up for lunch time. “Ah it’s good to be back.” Liam smiled as he was putting the chairs down from the table.

“Good to have you back.” Brax replied as he helped him. “How’s Ash doing?”

“Not great.” Liam shook his head. “He won’t talk to anyone.”

“Well the kid has been through a lot these past couple of weeks eh.” Brax said as he stopped what he was doing and sat down on one of the chairs.

“Yeah.” Liam nodded as he too sat down. “I know he must miss her and be so confused as to why he can’t see her again, I just want to make things okay for him, but how can I? What can I do?”

“Just be there for him.” Brax said. “You’re his father, just being there is enough.”

“I hardly saw him.” Liam sighed, ashamed at himself for the relationship he had with his son over the years.

“Well you’re going to make it right now, aren’t you?”

“Under terrible circumstances.” Liam shook his head. “It’s times like this where I wish I could drink.”

“Well I’m right there with ya mate.” Brax said. “You want a soda?”

“Sure.” Liam nodded as Brax walked over to the juice fridge and pulled out two cans of coke before walking back over to the table and handing him a can. “So, to change the subject to something a little happier.” Liam smiled as he pulled a box out of his pocket and opened it before placing it on the table.

Brax smiled lightly as he looked down at the ring. “Ah mate, I mean I like you and all but marriage? You really think we are ready?”

Liam laughed lightly. “Do you think she will say yes?”

“I think you’ve only been back together, what....a year and a half?”

“Next month.” Liam said. “18 months next month.”

“You think you are ready for marriage?” Brax questioned.

“I love her. And I know she loves me.” Liam smiled. “I think the four of us could be a really happy family.”

“Yeah, you could be, but are you sure you are ready for this. It’s a big step.”

“When you know you know hey.” Liam smiled.

“Yeah.” Brax cleared his throat. “I guess you do. So when you popping the question?”

“I’m not sure yet.” Liam smiled. “But I just saw this ring when I was in the city and I was....wow...I just had to buy it.”

“Well congratulations eh.” Brax smiled.

“She hasn’t said yes yet.” Liam answered.

“I know....but she will.” Brax smiled as he held his can of coke up. Liam laughed lightly as they clunked their cans together before they both took a drink.

Chapter 80

Charlie walked into the restaurant and leaned over to the bar, and gave her boyfriend a kiss on the cheek. “Hey.” Charlie smiled.

“Hey.” Brax replied. “Not that it’s not nice to see you, but what are you doing here?”

“I came for the books.” Charlie answered. “I was going to try to get them done this afternoon.”

“Ah yeah.” Brax smiled lightly. Although Charlie returned to the spa just after the girls turned one, she only went back part-time, and helped Brax out at the restaurant when she could, mostly until Jacob was ready to be picked up from school. “They’re in the office. So how was lunch with Bianca?”

“Good.” Charlie smiled. “The kids are still at the beach with her just now so I thought I’d pop up for this when I had the chance.”

“Charlie.” Liam smiled as he walked out of the kitchen. “How was lunch with Bianca?”

“Good.” Charlie smiled.

“Did Ash eat anything?” Liam asked.

Charlie nodded. “Chicken nuggets, chips and some mint choc chip ice-cream.”

“Oh wow and he ate all of it?” Liam smiled sounding surprised.

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded.

“Did he talk?”

“No.”

“Oh.” Liam exhaled lightly. “Well hey at least he ate something. He’s been pretty picky since Chelsea’s accident.”

“It’s only been a couple of weeks.” Charlie smiled lightly. “I’m sure over time, you and Bianca will get through to him and he’ll be fine.”

“Yeah.” Liam smiled. “Well I best show these people to a table.” Liam smiled as a group of four walked into the restaurant.

“So, what time do you think you’ll be finished tonight?” Charlie asked as she looked back around at Brax.

“I’m finishing at 7.” Brax said. “Robert and Liam will close up.”

“Oh.” Charlie smiled. “Why are you finishing at 7?”

“Got a date.” Brax smiled.

“Ahh you do do you?” Charlie questioned.

“Yeah. Marilyn will be around to watch the kids.” Brax smiled. “Meet me here at 7...don’t be late.”

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “I won’t be.” Charlie smiled, excited at the thought of Brax taking her out. “So, you said the books were in your office?”

“Yeah.” Brax smiled before Charlie walked over to the office and went inside and over to the desk, and opened the drawer where the books were. As she picked up the books, she couldn’t help but notice a small blue box, and even thought she knew she shouldn’t, she picked it up and opened it and a huge smile swept across her face as she looked down at the white gold ring set with 2 diamonds. She smiled as she put the box back in the drawer and left the office with the books.

“So.” Charlie grinned as she appeared back at the bar. “Where are you taking me tonight?”

“That would be telling.” Brax laughed.

“Well I need to know, so I know what to wear.” Charlie replied, finding it hard to try to keep the smile off her face at the thought of Brax finally proposing.

“Just wear one of your pretty dresses.” Brax smiled. “Oh and keep your hair down.”

“Okay.” Charlie smiled before she leaned over to bar once again and gave him a quick kiss. “Cya later. I should get back to helping Bianca with all those little terrors.”

“Cya.” Brax gave a slight wave as Charlie walked out of the restaurant.

“Brax.” Liam said in a panic as he ran up to the bar. “The ring. I’ve lost the ring.”

“What?” Brax questioned.

“The engagement ring.” Liam sighed. “I left it on that table and we went back to work and now....it’s gone.”

“Ah nah mate I put it in the drawer in the office for safe keeping eh.”

“Thanks.” Liam let out a sigh of relief before he went back to his work.

Charlie was sitting at the table doing the accounts for Brax. The twins were having a nap and Jacob was playing in his room, so she took this as her chance. She was barely started when Jacob came running into the room, holding some of his school workbooks. “Mum.” Jacob said. “I’m confused.”

“Confused about what sweetie?” Charlie questioned as she watched her son climb up on the chair next to her and put his books down on the table.

“Well. These workbooks say Jacob Buckton-Rosetta.” Jacob said. “And you are Charlie Buckton and Dad is Darryl Braxton and Paige and Riley are Paige and Riley Braxton. And now Ruby is Ruby Austin.” Jacob exhaled lightly. “Why are we all different?” Charlie put the pen down on the table before she bit her lip. She exhaled lightly before remaining silent. Was now the time to tell him? Should she tell him without Brax being present? Should she discuss this with Brax first? She sighed lightly as she looked at Jacob who was staring up at her, his eyes full of wonder, and decided now was the time to tell him, after all, Brax would probably just say it’s up to Charlie how she deals with the situation and that Jacob one day did deserve to know about Angelo. “Well Mummy?”

“Okay, so.” Charlie started before she leaned forward and put her hands gently onto Jacob’s arms. “When you were born, me and your Daddy weren’t married so you took Mummy’s name.”

Jacob looked confused for a second before talking. “But you still not married.” Jacob sighed. “So, why the girls Braxton?”

“Because Mummy and Daddy decided that we wanted to give them his name.”

“No.” Jacob shook his head. “We are a family. We should be the same and why do I have Rosetta too when no one else does?”

Charlie once again exhaled. “Okay, Jakey, sweetie....before me and your daddy got together you were already in my tummy.” Jacob furrowed his eyebrows.

“I don’t get it.” Jacob shook his head.

“Okay.” Charlie sighed lightly, not wanting to give her son the birds and bee’s talk just yet. “When a man and a woman are in love and decide they want to have a baby, the man helps Mummy put one in.”

“Okay.” Jacob nodded.

“And that man was a man called Angelo Rosetta.”

“So not Daddy?” Jacob asked.

“Not your Daddy no.” Charlie shook her head. “This man Angelo, he is your biological daddy, and he loved you very very much.”

“So where is he?” Jacob asked.

“He went to heaven.” Charlie said. “But Brax....he's still your daddy, okay.” Charlie smiled lightly as she rubbed his arm. “He’s been here since you were little and he loves you so much.”

“Yeah.” Jacob smiled. “He taught me to ride a bike and to surf. He’s the best.” Charlie smiled lightly as she gently ran he hand through her sons hair. “But can I see Angelo?”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled lightly as she stood up and walked into her bedroom with Jacob following behind her. She pulled out Jacob’s baby book and opened it up to some pictures. “Here he is.”

Charlie said as she handed Jacob the picture of Angelo and himself, when he was just a few hours old.

“I’m really little.” Jacob giggled. “He looks happy.”

“Yeah, he was so happy to be a daddy and he loved you very much.”

“So why he go to heaven and leave me?” Jacob questioned.

“He didn’t want to go, sweetie.” Charlie said as she bent down to her sons level. “But there was an accident and he was hurt.”

“So like Ash’s mum?” Jacob questioned.

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “Just like Ash’s mum.”

“Can I keep this picture of my tummy daddy?” Jacob asked and Charlie nodded lightly as she pulled her son into a hug.

“And if you have any more questions you just ask me or daddy okay?” Charlie said.

“Well I have one.” Jacob said as they parted from the hug. “Can I be Braxton like daddy and the girls?”

Charlie exhaled lightly as she nodded lightly. “I’ll tell you what. Once mummy and daddy finally get married, we’ll both change our names to Braxton, deal?”

“Deal.” Jacob giggled. “And you really promise I can be a Braxton like daddy?”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “I really promise.”

Archived