Forever Yours

Guest Danni02

Thnak you all so much for commenting. :wub:

Chapter 61

““Mummy Mummy wake up wake up.” Jacob yelled excitedly as he climbed upon the bed and started to jump up and down. “It my birthday.” Jacob shrieked.

“Mmm. Not yet.” Charlie turned around in the bed, hugging her covers closer to her.

“Yeah Mummy.” Jacob said as he continued to jump on the bed. “I’m 4 today.”

Charlie sighed lightly as she reached her hand out of the bed and grabbed hold of Jacob’s leg, causing him to stand still. “Stop jumping. Lie down.” Charlie yawned as Jacob did as he told, sliding under the covers and cuddling close to his Mum.

“Today will be so much fun.” Jacob smiled. “Oh Mummy will there be sharks at the aquarium?”

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded.

“Wow.” Jacob eyes widened. “And little fishes like my fishes too?”

“Maybe there will be fish that size.”

“And lots of nice colours?”

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled.

“Well we needs to get ready.” Jacob said as he jumped out from under the covers and stood up on the bed. “C’mon Mummy. Hurry.”

Charlie laughed lightly at her son’s excitement before she got out of bed. “Come here.”

Jacob jumped across the bed and leapt into Charlie’s arms. “Happy Birthday.” Charlie grinned as she placed a kiss on her son’s cheek.

“No Mummy I need four.” Jacob said. “Cos I four today.” Charlie smiled lightly before placing 3 more kisses on his cheek. “Now how about I make the birthday boy pancakes for his breakfast?”

“Pancakes.” Jacob grinned. “This is going to be the best ever day ever.” Jacob exclaimed as Charlie made her way to the kitchen, smiling down at her son.

“Happy Birthday.” Brax sang as he walked into the house.

“Daddy.” Jacob shouted as he ran over to him and leapt into a hug.

“Hey buddy how’s it going?”

“Daddy.” Jacob said as Brax put him back down on the ground. “It’s the bestest.” Jacob said unable to hold his excitement. “I got pancakes and look at all the presents for me.”

“Ah wow mate.” Brax said. “And you’ve not opened them yet?”

“No.” Jacob shook his head. “Mummy said I should wait for you to see.”

“Oh she did.” Brax asked as he looked into the direction of the kitchen where Charlie was feeding the girls. Paige happily accepting, but Riley finding it more fun to rock from side to side in the highchair. “Well that was very nice of her.” Brax gave Charlie a thankful smile, which she returned. “Started them on solids eh.” Brax smiled. “Let the fun begin.”

“Well Paige is very good and has accepted the change.” Charlie answered. “Of course little Miss Riley is giving me more bother. Easy to see who takes after Mummy and who takes after Daddy.”

“Well Riley.” Brax shook his head as he walked over to the highchair and looked down at his daughter. “We’re offended by that remark aren’t we?” Riley let out a giggle as she continued to rock back and forth in the chair. “And besides it would be boring if we were all like little Miss Charlotte.”

“Don’t call me Charlotte.” Charlie said as she put another spoonful of the pureed mixture into Paige’s mouth. “Darryl.”

“Oh that’s how it’s going to be is it?” Brax asked. “Charlotte.”

“Mummy....Daddy....” Jacob said as he looked up to his parents. “I want to open the presents now.” Charlie smiled as she put the last of the food into Paige’s mouth before she stood up and walked over to the couch, with Brax standing closely behind her watching as Jacob ripped excitedly at the paper on his gifts, both of them with smiles on their faces as they saw the little boy light up at each gift he’d got, from Colleen, Irene, Leah, and Ruby. “Wow’s all them’s are cool.”

“Yeah you still have Mummy’s to open.” Charlie smiled and Jacob jumped up and down with excitement as Charlie left the room, and then returned with the presents.

“Oh wow.” Jacob eyes widened. “Lots of them.”

“Charlotte is in a spoiling mood eh.” Brax grinned as he placed his hand on Charlie’s shoulder. Charlie lightly hit his chest for he’d called her Charlotte once again.

“Wow.” Jacob grinned as he opened the first present to reveal a couple of DVD’s. “Oh cool.” Jacob smiled, before he opened the rest of the presents to reveal a pirate island set and a pirate captain & pirate with a monkey and some sweeties. “Mummy.” Jacob gasped. “It’s the bestest.” Jacob grinned.

“And there is another one Jacob.” Brax smiled.

“Oh.” Jacob smiled as he opened the final gift to reveal a pair of jeans, a pair of shorts, a blue stripy t-shirt, and a red and white checked shirt. “It’s like Daddy’s.” Jacob smiled as he held the shirt up and looked up at Brax, who was wearing his usual combats and a checked shirt. “It’s like Daddy’s.” Jacob said again excitedly. “Thank you Mummy.” Jacob grinned as he gave Charlie a big hug.

“There’s one more mate.” Brax smiled as he walked over to the front door and opened it and pulled in the big present.

“Wow it’s a big one.” Jacob said as he ran over to him and ripped at the paper to reveal a boogie board. “Oh my God....oh my God...oh my God.” Jacob jumped up at down in excitement. “I gets to surf.” Jacob screeched as he ran around the room in excitement. “Thank you Daddy.”

“You’re welcome.” Brax smiled.

“Jakey go and get dressed.” Charlie said.

“Can I be a pirate today?” Jacob asked.

“Sure you can.” Charlie smiled as Jacob ran out of the room into his bedroom.

“You are okay with me getting him that, aren’t you?” Brax questioned.

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded. “But like I say, you need to make sure he’s a strong enough swimmer first.”

“Will do.” Brax smiled. “Charlotte.”

“Will you stop calling me Charlotte.” Charlie laughed.

“I like Charlotte.” Brax said.

“Okay, Darryl. If this is how it’s going to be.” Charlie said as she folded her arms across her chest and gave Brax a cheeky smile.

“You look stunning today by the way.” Brax smiled. Charlie was wearing a red sun dress that cut at the knee, and her long wavy locks were flowing loosely down passed her shoulders. He loved it when she wore her hair down.

“Thanks.” Charlie lightly blushed as she looked Brax up and down. “Wish I could say the same about you.”

“Oh Charlotte, you dig me in my checked shirts.” Brax laughed.

“Oh I do do I?” Charlie asked as she moved closer to him.

“You do.” Brax smiled as he wrapped his arms around Charlie’s waist. They moved closer to each other and were about to kiss, there lips only millimetres apart as they looked into each other’s eyes.

“Mummy I can’t find my bandana.” Jacob shouted. Charlie pursed her lips together as she looked in the direction of his bedroom.

“I’ll be right there sweetie.” Charlie said as she looked back to Brax before she left the room to help her son. Brax sighed lightly as he watched Charlie walk away, before a smile appeared on his face, feeling hopeful for their relationship and excited about the rest of the day. Not only was he excited for getting to be with kids, but he was getting to spend the day with Charlie. Something that hadn’t happened in a long long time.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone. :wub:

Chapter 62

Jacob jumped up and down excitedly as they waited in the line-up at the aquarium. “Mummy why aren’t we going yet?”

“We need to get our tickets first.” Charlie said as she looked down at the boy.

“But we be ages.” Jacob sighed. “The car ride took forevers.”

“That’s because Daddy drives like an old lady.” Charlie laughed.

“Hey.” Brax said. “We had 7-month-old twins and a 4 year old kid in the car. You’d rather I was safe than sorry.”

“I’d rather you didn’t take nearer 3 hours to make a 2 hour car journey.” Charlie replied.

“Okay, you can drive home then.” Brax said. “We’ll see how slow you drive when the kids are in the car eh.”

“Okay, point taken.” Charlie said and Brax gave her a cheeky smile.

“We can move.” Jacob grinned as they walked closer to the ticket booth, and finally they could buy the tickets. “It’s my birthday.” Jacob said as he looked up to the lady selling the tickets.

“Oh Happy Birthday then. How old are you today?” Jacob smiled as he held up 4 fingers. “Oh you’re getting big.”

“Yeah.” Jacob smiled. “Them girls are young. Just babies. How old theys Mummy?”

“7 months.” Charlie smiled as Brax handed the lady over the money for the tickets.

“Yeah.” Jacob grinned as he looked up at the lady again. “I going to see fishes and sharks and turtles.”

“Well have a good day.” The lady smiled as Charlie, Brax, Jacob and the twins went into the aquarium and Jacob’s eyes widened in excitement as he pressed his hands and face against the glass.

“This is cool.” Jacob grinned as he looked into the fish. “This one looks like Nemo....and there’s Dory.” Jacob smiled as he looked up to Charlie. “Today is the best.” Jacob smiled as the made their way through the aquarium, Jacob’s excitement growing larger as he stopped at each window, seeing all the different fish, octopus, sharks and turtles. “Wow. The turtles...Mummy I want a pet turtle.”

“You can’t have a turtle.” Charlie shook her head. “And you’ve got your fish.”

“My fishes could get a turtle friend.” Jacob smiled.

“Ah I think you’re just fine with your fish mate.” Brax said.

“It could stay at your house.” Jacob said as he looked up at Brax. “I have my fishes at Mummy’s house and my turtle at Daddy’s.”

“C’mon.” Charlie said as she took her son’s hand. “There’s going to be a dolphin show, let’s go watch that.” Charlie said distracting the boy of his request for a turtle. Jacob skipped excitedly as he held Charlie’s hand, while Brax pushed the buggy along to the seats in the outside area of the aquarium, where the dolphin show was taking place.

“Them dolphins are coming.” Jacob smiled as he sat on Charlie’s knee and watched the dolphin show in awe. He watched as they jumped through hoops, played with a ball, and did all sorts of tricks. “Wow.” Jacob grinned. “That was the best show. I want a dolphin.”

“A dolphin.” Brax said as his voice went higher. “Mate, the dolphin need to stay in the sea.”

“But them ones not in the sea.” Jacob argued.

Brax looked at Charlie at a loss at what to say. Charlie shrugged her shoulders, but laughed lightly in amusement, waiting to hear what Brax would say to get himself out of this one. “But they eh....need eh....” Brax looked up to Charlie to continue to just laugh at the situation.

“See you no no why I can’t get one.” Jacob shook his head.

“How about cos Daddy said so?” Brax asked and Jacob furrowed his eye brows before he jumped off Charlie’s knee and looked up to his parents with wide eyes. “What we see now?”

“Eh...” Charlie pulled the map out from the back of the buggy and looked down at it. “We still need to go to the penguins and the stingrays.”

“Oh penguins.” Jacob said. “We go there now.” Charlie smiled lightly as she stood up and began pushing the buggy as Brax lifted Jacob up onto his shoulders and they all walked in the direction of the penguin house, looking to everyone around them, like the prefect, happy family, and for Brax that was exactly how the day was feeling.

“Right, Jacob and Daddy stand there and Mummy will take a picture of you.” Charlie smiled as she pulled the camera out from the nappy bag, and clicked a few photos of Jacob and Brax looking at the penguins.

“You get them penguins in Mummy?” Jacob asked and Charlie nodded.

“I sure did sweetie.”

“Cool.” Jacob grinned. “Now I take you.” Jacob said as he ran over to Charlie and took the camera in his hand. “You stand there with Daddy.” Jacob pointed next to Brax and Charlie walked over doing as she was told, the pair of them standing next to each other arms by their sides. “No no no.” Jacob shook his head. “Daddy you put your arm around Mummy.” Brax looked to Charlie questioningly and Charlie nodded lightly as a small smile appeared on her face. Brax returned the smile before wrapping his arm around Charlie pulling her close to him. He smiled lightly as Charlie’s arm also went around his back. They smiled as Jacob clicked the camera, before they looked up into each other’s eyes, and for the second time that day, moved in for a kiss.

“Mummy, look, look.” Jacob screeched causing Charlie to once again pull away from the kiss, much to the disappointment of both of them. “The baby penguins try to walk. It’s funny.” Jacob giggled.

“Yeah.” Charlie laughed lightly as she slid her arm away from Brax’s back, but took Brax slightly by surprise when she linked her hand with his and pulled him close, so he was standing behind her, the 3 of them looking down to the penguins.

Brax walked into the house cradling both his sleeping girls in his arms, as Charlie carried a very tired Jacob. Brax walked down to the nursery to settle his girls, while Charlie walked into Jacob’s room and sat the boy down on his bed. “Mummy I’m too sleepy.” Jacob yawned as Charlie took off his pirate vest and t-shirt.

“I know.” Charlie answered. “You just need to get your pj’s on and them you can sleep.” Charlie said as she dressed her son into his pyjamas, before he crawled into the bed and Charlie tucked him in, just how he liked it.

“I had the bestest day Mummy.” Jacob smiled sleepily.

“I’m glad.” Charlie smiled. “I had lots of fun too. Night baby.” Charlie placed a soft kiss on her son’s forehead before looking to see he was already sound asleep. She smiled lightly before she left the room and walked into the living room to find Brax was waiting on her. “You get the girls down okay?”

“Fine.” Brax smiled. “Guessing Jacob didn’t take long to settle either?”

“He was out as soon as his head touched the pillow.” Charlie smiled.

“Well I don’t blame him.” Brax answered. “He’s had a big day and was hyper all day as well.”

Charlie smiled lightly. “So eh....do you eh....can I get you a drink?” Charlie questioned. “I mean not alcohol....I eh....I just mean like a soft drink...a coke maybe or eh...” Charlie trailed off as she looked at Brax. Why did she feel so nervous all of a sudden?

“Do you even have coke in the house?” Brax asked.

“Well....no.” Charlie shook her head as she walked over to the fridge. “I have milk....milk....or milk.” Charlie sighed. “I need to go shopping.” Charlie muttered.

“Well at least the girls won’t run out of a beverage.” Brax laughed.

“Oh there’s a juice box.” Charlie said as she took the carton of apple juice out of the fridge.

“You’d really be willing to give me your son’s last juice box?” Brax questioned and Charlie laughed lightly.

“I’m sure he’d give it up for Daddy.” Charlie smiled as she handed Brax the carton of juice and watched as he pierced the straw into it and took a drink, causing Charlie to laugh.

“What’s funny?” Brax asked as the put the juice box down on the table.

“Nothing.” Charlie bit her lip to stop the laughter. “I eh....I had a great day today.”

“Me too.” Brax smiled. “It was really good. Maybe we could do it again sometime.”

“Yeah, I eh...I’m sure Jacob would love that.”

“Speaking of Jacob....thank you so much for helping me out when he asked for a dolphin.”

Charlie laughed lightly. “You got yourself into the mess.”

“Oh so that’s how is it, Charlotte?” Brax said.

“Yes, Darryl. That’s exactly how it is.” Charlie laughed before they both stared at each other intently, both of them taking steps closer to each other. Charlie smiled lightly as Brax placed his hand on her cheek.

“Maybe we’ll be third time lucky.” Brax joked and Charlie hit his chest lightly before stepping closer to him and looked up into his eyes.

“Shut up and kiss me.” Charlie said before they met in a passionate embrace.

Oh wow thank you all so much for the comments. :wub: Don't like this one all that much, but lets see what you think....

Chapter 63

Charlie and Brax were lying in the bed, Charlie cuddled up against Brax, her head nestled against the hollow of his shoulder. Brax had his arm wrapped around her and was gently moving his hand in a circular motion on her arm. “I’ve missed this.” Brax whispered as he placed a kiss on Charlie’s forehead.

“Me too.” Charlie smiled as she looked up to Brax.

“You know...it had been a year.” Brax said.

“What had?” Charlie questioned.

“Since we last....” Brax raised his eye brows suggestively. “Jacob’s birthday last year. It was the last time we had sex.”

“Didn’t realise you were keeping track.” Charlie said as she sat up in the bed and rested her head against the headboard.

“I just remember.” Brax sighed as he too sat up. “The first 3 months you were pretty uhm....well you had a high sex drive. Then after Jacob’s birthday I remember that’s when it went downhill for a couple of months and then when you wanted it again, I wouldn’t do it, and then the girls were born, and now their seven months old and we’ve had all this trouble....a whole year exactly.”

“Well it was a year since I’d had sex.” Charlie sighed. “Might have happened sooner for you.”

“Charlie.” Brax sighed lightly as he shook his head.

“You should probably go.” Charlie said as she pulled the covers closer to her, like she was trying to protect herself.

“Charlie -”

“Jacob’s taken to coming in here in the mornings. I don’t want him seeing you and getting confused.”

“So what? This was just a one night thing was it?” Brax asked.

“I don’t know what this was Brax.” Charlie shook her head. “But Jacob is my main priority and I don’t want him getting any more confused than he already has been.”

“So can we talk about us later or?” Brax questioned. Charlie shrugged her shoulders as she played with a thread hanging from the bed sheet. She sniffed back as a tear rolled down her cheek. “Hey, what’s this for?”

“Nothing.” Charlie wiped the tear from her cheek. “Now can you please leave?”

“Charlie, it’s the middle of the night.” Brax sighed. “He’s not going to walk in.”

“He does in the mornings.” Charlie raised her voice. “Please, go.”

Brax sighed lightly before he got out of the bed and looked around the room for his boxers, combats and shirt that Charlie had ripped from him only a few hours before, and redressed himself. “So are we going to talk about what this meant later today or what?”

“I eh...” Charlie shook her head. “I don’t know. I’ll be in touch.” Brax shook his head lightly before he walked out of the bedroom, and upon hearing the front door slam shut, Charlie burst into tears as she hid herself under the covers.

Ruby excitedly set up the laptop up, getting ready to talk to her Mother and little brother. It had been a few weeks since they were able to talk, for Ruby’s busy schedule and the time difference always making things difficult. “Mum.” Ruby smiled as Charlie answered the skype call.

“Hey.” Charlie smiled.

“Ruby....Ruby....I see you.” Jacob grinned as he climbed up onto Charlie’s knee.

“Hey buddy how’s it going?”

“Good.” Jacob nodded. “Ruby it my birthday yesterday and we went to the aquarium.” Jacob grinned. “It was so much good fun. I wish you could come.”

“Aww I wish I was there too.” Ruby smiled. “But Happy Birthday.”

“No Ruby it not today. It yesterday.”

“Well technically it’s still Wednesday here in Illinois, so it’s still your birthday for me.” Jacob pulled a face of confusion not really understanding what Ruby had said. “Anyways, how was the aquarium?”

“So good.” Jacob said. “I saw fishes and sharks and turtles and penguins and dolphins and stinger-rays and ehm....the octopuses and so much Ruby it was...” Jacob trailed off as he clasped his hand together. “It was just the best.”

“Sounds like you had a lot of fun.” Ruby smiled.

“Yeah.” Jacob nodded. “And them dolphins hit the ball and theys jumped like this.” Jacob said as he made looping hand gestures. “It was the best day Ruby, the best day.” Jacob nodded.

“Aww. I glad you had such a good time.”

“And Mummy and Daddy did too.” Jacob grinned. “Theys were smiling and happy the two of them.”

“Oh Daddy was there?” Ruby questioned.

“Yeah.” Jacob nodded. “We had lots of fun together.”

“Good.” Ruby smiled. “So mister you think you could go off and play and let me and Mummy have some grown up talk?”

“I grown up now.” Jacob said.

“Go on sweetie.” Charlie said as she spoke into his neck. “You could play with your new pirate island.”

“Oh...you can play too?” Jacob asked.

“Yeah, once I’ve talked to Rubes.” Charlie smiled as Jacob jumped down from her knee and ran off to his bedroom.

“So....Brax was there? Were you happy?” Ruby questioned.

“It was great.” Charlie smiled. “You know, like it used to be.” The smiled quickly fell from Charlie face, and Ruby knew something wasn’t right.

“So what happened to make feel like you do?” Ruby questioned.

“We eh...I feel weird talking about this to you. You’re my daughter, not a girlfriend.” Charlie sighed.

“Yeah but we’ve always talked about this kind of stuff. I think it’s cool we have a relationship where we can talk about it.” Ruby said.

“Okay, well we kissed and then we just couldn’t really stop so we ended up sleeping together.” Charlie said.

“Mum.” Ruby raised her voice. “That’s a good thing is it not? I mean you want to sort this?”

“I know but I....” Charlie shook her head as she looked down. “Rubes rushing back into this...it’s not what I want.” Charlie looked back up to the computer screen.

“Okay so from now on just take it slow....you know, baby steps.”

“Yeah.” Charlie nodded, not going to discuss this fully with her daughter. This was something she would normally talk to Bianca about, but considering she was the reason she was feeling like she was, she was the last person she wanted to talk too. “Anyways, what’s the relationship status between you and Matt this week?” Charlie questioned.

“Friends” Ruby answered. “With benefits.” Ruby added after a pause. “I don’t know, I like him and I mean the sex is gre....” Ruby trailed off. “He’s not Xavier.” Ruby shook her head. “No matter how lovely and how much of a good time we have together, he’s not Xavier. And I can’t stop comparing the two and Xavier always come out on top.” Ruby said sadly.

“So, you still want to be with Xavier?” Charlie questioned.

“More than ever.” Ruby sighed.

“So, what are you planning on doing?”

“I thought maybe you could tell me that. You know, give me some words of wisdom?”

“Only you know yourself what you want.” Charlie said. “I can’t help you with this decision, Rubes.”

“I don’t know....I....I’m going to talk to him when this tour is over.” Ruby said. “And we’ll just see.”

Charlie smiled lightly just as the girls could be heard stirring. “I need to go. That’s the girls up.”

“Aww let me see them.” Ruby smiled. “I bet they’ve got so big.” Charlie disappeared from the screen for a minute, before coming back into view with the girls in her arms. “Oh my gosh.” Ruby brought her hand up to her mouth. “They’re getting so big.”

“Tell me about it.” Charlie smiled as she looked down to her girls.

“And Riley is still as bald as ever.” Ruby laughed lightly. “But wow, Paige almost needs a haircut.”

“I know.” Charlie laughed lightly as she ran her hand over her daughter’s chocolaty brown hair that curled under her ears.

“Hey Paige.” Ruby smiled as she waved her hand. Paige looked around as she heard her name being called. “Paigy.” Ruby cooed. “I’m in here.”

“Aww stop confusing her.” Charlie said.

“Aww I hope they’re not going to be scared of me when I next see them. They won’t know me.” Ruby said sadly.

“Well I’m not going to lie, Paige probably will be.” Charlie said half laughing. “But Riley will be fine I’d think.”

“Well one of them is better than both.” Ruby smiled before she looked away from the screen then looked back to the screen. “So, I need to go get ready for sound check.” Ruby said. “Talk to you again soon.”

“Yeah, bye sweetie.” Charlie smiled before cancelling the call. She stood up from the chair and placed the girls down on the play mat, and she pulled her mobile out of her pocket and scrolled down to his name. She sighed lightly before letting her hand hover over the button.

Thank you so much beebee, Spotd1, mizziette, JosieTash, Sarah, Red Ranger 1, Dingo x, totally, Samantha1, pembie, RoRo90, llywela, Zoe, MatildaHunterFan, Sabrina and Jen1205 for the comments. :wub: Hope you like this next one.

Chapter 64

“Thanks for coming around.” Charlie said softly as she let him into the house.

“Where’s eh... where are the kids?” Brax questioned.

“Marilyn took them for a walk.” Charlie answered. “I thought we could talk without them interrupting.”

Brax nodded lightly as he took a seat on the couch. “Makes sense.” Brax said before he looked up to Charlie and waited. Waited for her to go, for her to talk and explain, for her to say anything. Charlie exhaled lightly as she took a seat on the chair. She ran hands though her hair before she bit her lip. “Charlie this silence is killing me.” Brax said. “What was....why did....” Brax shook his head as he looked up at her.

“Last night...I’m not saying I regret it. I don’t. I...it was...wow.” Charlie exhaled. “But right now the thought of having sex, Brax...babies come after sex and I -”

“So you’re worried you’re going to get pregnant again?” Brax questioned. “Wait, you can’t even get pregnant.”

“Exactly.” Charlie said as she felt herself welling up with tears. “Not even a mistake.” Charlie shook her head. “I can never give you any more children. The choice has just been taken from me and I can’t....it’s not...” Charlie broke down into tears as she hid her face from Brax’s view with her hands.

“Hey hey.” Brax said as he got off the couch and knelt down in front of Charlie. He placed his hand on her arm and rubbed it gently. “We didn’t have a choice.” Brax spoke softly. “You know it was this or losing you. Leaving Rubes, Jacob and the girls without a Mother and me....I’d have lost the love of my life.” Brax said.

“I know it had to be this way and I’m obviously grateful I still have my life, but I just can’t...it’s so hard to try to accept.”

“I thought you were coping okay. I’m sorry, you seemed to be fine. You know you seemed so strong and together.”

“Well I had to be.” Charlie cried. “Like you say. Rubes, Jake, the girls....they’ve need me.”

“And I’ve not exactly made it easy for you.” Brax shook his head. “I’m sorry. I mean I started drinking and now all this stuff with Bianca....Bianca. This is why you’ve had such as hard time dealing with this isn’t it?” Brax asked. “It’s not the possible infidelity. It’s the fact she might be giving me another child, something that you could never do.”

“Oh I’d still be mad and hurt and angry at this possibly infidelity even if she wasn’t pregnant. But I think I could possibly maybe find it a bit easier to try to forgive you.” Charlie sniffed back as she wiped the tears from her face. “But the one thing that I would never be able to do, no matter what...” Charlie shook her head. “I know I have four kids and you’ve said you only ever wanted two kids anyways...and you have more than that. I know how you think of Ruby and Jacob. Jacob especially. But don’t you feel a little cheated that the choice has just been taken from us?”

“I eh....” Brax trailed off as he rubbed the back of his head.

“You can say yes.” Charlie said as a tear rolled down her cheek. “Because I do.” Charlie cried. “I do and I’m not going to flip out at you if you just admit the truth.”

“Okay yeah, it’s sad that we can’t have any more kids, but the ones that we have....” Brax smiled lightly. “Baby they are amazing. And you know it would be unfair on everyone else if we kept making such great kids.”

“I know you’re trying to be really sweet right now but it’s not helping.” Charlie continued to cry. Brax pulled her into a hug and gently rubbed her back. “I mean we’re never going to get the chance to hear a baby’s first cry, see a first smile, and hear a first giggle...” Charlie trailed off as she continued to cry.

“No, no we won’t.” Brax shook his head. “But we still have so many firsts with the kids that we do have.” Brax smiled. “We’ve still got to see the girls waving, crawling, walking, hear their first word, first haircut, first loose tooth.....Charlie there’s still so much we have to look forward to with the kids. The girls going to pre-school, Jacob starting the big school, his first surf competition, Riley’s first soccer goal, Paige’s first ballet recital, or whatever it is they are going to be into....their first Christmas, their first birthday, teaching them how to ride a bike....” Brax tailed off as he pulled Charlie’s head up softy so she was facing him again. He cupped her cheeks with his hands and wiped away her tears with his thumbs.

“The day the twins come home announcing they have a boyfriend.” Charlie managed a weak smile.

“Well now no.” Brax shook his head. “We’re supposed to be talking about nice things here. No boy is getting near my girls until they are at least 18.”

“Good luck with that.” Charlie laughed lightly.

“But you see what I mean?” Brax questioned. “Let’s not grieve for something we can never have, but celebrate the little lives that we do have.” Charlie pursed her lips together as she looked up at Brax, and stared deep into his eyes. “You think you could do that?”

“Well no.” Charlie shook her head. “I mean, it’ll be hard. I don’t know if I’ll ever stop feeling like I’m empty inside.....like part of what makes me a woman is gone, but, you’re right. We have so much to look forward too with Jacob and the girls....” Charlie trailed off as she smiled lightly. “And then there is Rubes. Maybe one day I’ll get to walk her down the aisle and see her have children.”

“Yeah.” Brax smiled. “So you’ll be okay?”

Charlie took a deep breath. “I think so.” Charlie smiled. “I will be.” Brax smiled lightly as he sat back up on the couch, but learned forward and placed his hands onto Charlie’s. “It’s so hard seeing Bianca getting bigger....knowing she has a baby inside her that might be yours....Brax I...”

“I know.” Brax smiled lightly. “And I’m sorry that we’ve made you feel like this. I would give anything to remember that night, Charlie. So me and you....we were good and didn’t have this break-up happen. But I think until we know for sure if I’m the father or not...maybe we shouldn’t have a replay of last night. No matter how amazing it was its only going to hurt us even more if we get things back on track, only to find I am the father and then that puts you in an awful position. And I wouldn’t expect you to take me back....to stay with me....I would have cheated on you and created a new life that would always be a reminder of my betrayal and -”

“Brax.” Charlie shook her head unable to take what he was saying.

“Sorry.” Brax said almost in a whisper. “I guess it's hard to even here it.”

“Can we just.....for now, put aside what might be happening with Bianca and just.....just be us again?” Charlie questioned.

“So, do you mean us as in, Charlotte Buckton and Darryl Braxton or do you mean be us as in, me and you, together, a couple?”

“The latter.” Charlie said quietly. “I love you so much and it’s breaking my heart not being with you. Yes, I know things could change instantly in a few months time but I love you so much and I love the family that we have and I don’t want that to be over.”

“But what if in a few months it turns out I am the father?” Brax questioned.

“Then I’ll deal with that when it.....if it happens.” Charlie said. Brax smiled lightly before he looked to Charlie and into her expressive blue eyes. They were gorgeous. She was gorgeous. If he was to go with his head he and Charlie wouldn’t be deciding anything about their relationship until after the baby’s paternity was discovered, but his heart? Well that told him something else entirely, and in this situation his heart was going to win. He smiled lightly before he leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on Charlie’s lips. Charlie smiled into the kiss, knowing his answer.

Thanks everyone. Really not sure about this one. Hope its okay. :unsure:

Chapter 65

Charlie sat on the sand with the girls sitting down in front of her. Paige holding onto Jacob’s spade tightly, and Riley looking out towards the ocean, her big blue eyes wide and full of wonder and she watched Jacob being taught how to swim by Brax. Riley let out a few gurgles as she continued to look at her Daddy and brother. “What you saying baby?” Charlie questioned as she lifted Riley up onto her knee. Riley squealed in excitement as her Mother spoke to her. “You want to be out in the water with your Daddy and Jakey don’t you?” Charlie questioned as she ran her hand lightly over her daughter’s still bald head, which often really worried Jacob as to why she still didn’t have any hair. Paige let out a squeal as she looked up to Charlie. Charlie smiled lightly as she lifted her onto her knee also. “I don’t think you’ll be a surfer sweetie. I think you’ll be like Mummy and like to get a nice suntan.” Charlie said before she placed a soft kiss on Paige’s soft chocolaty brown hair. “You like Mummy and Riley like Daddy” Charlie stated. “What do you girls think? That sounds fair, right?”

“Does to me.” The voice laughed lightly and Charlie turned her head to see Bianca standing behind her, her bag in one hand and a book in the other.

“Well I wasn’t asking you.” Charlie said sharply.

Bianca nodded lightly as she bit her lip. “It’s nice that you and Brax can put your differences aside to spend time with the kids.” Bianca smiled as she looked up to see Brax throwing Jacob into the sea as he laughed in enjoyment.

“Brax and I have decided to give things another go.” Charlie informed her once best friend. “Not that’s it’s any of your business.”

“Well I’m happy for you.” Bianca smiled. “You guys belong together and I’m glad you seem to have it sorted.”

“So was there anything else that you wanted?” Charlie questioned as the girls gurgled on her knee.

“Eh...” Bianca shook her head. “No, I guess I’ll go.” Bianca said as she walked away from Charlie, walking down the beach and taking a seat on the sand, and looked down to her book, and began to read. Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked down to her girls.

“If I’m giving your Daddy the benefit of the doubt, that means I'm supposed to give her it too, right?” Charlie questioned. “Then how come I still can’t even look at her without being reminded of what might be.....that she might have Brax’s baby.....you’re little brother or sister inside her?” Charlie exhaled lightly. “Oh I wish you could give me an answer girls.” Charlie sighed as she looked over to Bianca.

“Are you going to talk to her?” Brax questioned. Charlie looked up to find he was standing before her, the water dripping down his body as he reached down for his towel.

“I don’t think so.” Charlie shook her head.

“You’ve gave me a chance.” Brax as he sat down on the sand next to Charlie and took Riley onto his knee. Charlie was about to reply when Jacob spoke over her.

“Mummy it was the best time.” Jacob grinned. “Did you see me swim?”

“I did.” Charlie smiled. “You were really good.”

“Yeah.” Jacob grinned as tried to sit down on Charlie’s knee, but Paige being there was giving him a bit of bother. Brax laughed lightly as he took Paige from Charlie so Jacob could sit down.

“Jakey.” Charlie said as she pushed him back into standing and grabbed his towel and wrapped it round him before sitting him back down. “You got Mummy wet.”

“So” Jacob giggled. “I can swim.” Jacob said excitedly.

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “You were so good.”

“Yeah, so now I go on my boogie board.” Jacob announced. “Daddy where is it?”

“It’s at home mate.” Brax laughed lightly. “Daddy needs to go to work soon, so I can’t take you out again today.”

“Aww.” Jacob pouted. “When can you do?”

“Tomorrow I am not at work so we have all day.” Brax smiled.

“Can I Mummy?” Jacob beamed as he looked up to her.

“Sure.” Charlie smiled. “But remember you have school in the morning.”

“Aww no.” Jacob shook his head. “How much longer do I need to go there for?”

“Oh about 14 more years, at least.” Charlie laughed.

“That’s forevers.” Jacob sighed as he turned his head and saw Bianca sitting further along the beach. “Oh Mummy is Bee-Bee. Please can I see her?” Jacob pouted. “I not seen her forevers.”

Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked up at Brax and could tell what he was going to say before he ever said it, just by the look on his face. “Go on then.” Charlie smiled as Jacob jumped up from Charlie’s knee and ran along to see Bianca, dropping his towel as he ran as fast as he could.

“Bee-Bee....Bee-Bee....” Jacob grinned as he leapt onto her.

“Hey buddy.” Bianca smiled as she put her book down and looked at the boy. “Does your Mummy know you’ve come to see me?”

“Yeah she said it okay.” Jacob smiled. “I missed you too much Bee-Bee.”

“I’ve missed you too.”

“You not busy no more?” Jacob asked.

“I eh....” Bianca trailed off not sure of what to say to the boy. “Well not right now.”

“Bianca Daddy taught me how to swim and now I can get on my boogie board and he show me how to surf.”

“Aww Jake that will be really cool.” Bianca smiled.

“Yeah.” Jacob smiled as he put his hand on Bianca’s bump.

“What is this?”

“I’m having a baby.” Bianca answered.

“I knows that silly. You have a bump like Mummy did before she had them girls” Jacob said. “I mean you got boys or girls.”

“Oh.” Bianca laughed at her mistake. “I don’t know what it is.”

“Hmm.” Jacob put his hand on her tummy and rubbed it gently. “It girls.”

“There’s just one baby, Jacob.”

“Why you no get two like Mummy?”

“I don’t know.” Bianca shook her head. “But I’m very happy to have this one.”

“No. You look sad in here.” Jacob said as he put his finger next to Bianca’s eye. Bianca exhaled lightly as she looked up to Charlie and Brax. She watched as Brax placed a soft kiss on Charlie’s cheek before he left, walking in the direction of his work. She watched as Charlie gathered up their things and began pushing the buggy across the sand, walking closer and closer to her.

“C’mon then Jacob.” Charlie said as she held her hand out for Jacob to take.

“No. I stay with Bee-Bee longer.” Jacob said.

“No, we need to go home.” Charlie said.

“Mummy please.” Jacob pleaded as he put his hands together, almost like he was praying. “I want to see Bee-Bee.”

“Go on, you gotta listen to your Mummy.” Bianca said.

“But just a little longer. Just a minute or two more.” Jacob said.

Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked down at Jacob who was cuddling into Bianca. “You bring him home by 5.” Charlie said and Bianca nodded lightly as she smiled up at Charlie.

“Yeah.” Bianca nodded.

“Be good Jacob.” Charlie said and Jacob nodded as he looked up at his Mother.

“I’s will.” Jacob said as Charlie made her way off the beach with the girls. She sighed lightly as she looked back to Jacob giggling at something Bianca was saying. She missed her friendship so much, but looking at her, pregnant, with what was possibly Brax’s child was just too hard to do, but Brax may have been right. If she had given Brax the benefit of the doubt, shouldn’t she really be doing the same thing with Bianca?

Thanks everyone. :wub: Hope you like this one, again I'm not sure I do. :unsure:

Chapter 66

“Mummy Mummy Bee-Bee got me cake.” Jacob smiled as he burst into the house.

“So I see.” Charlie said as she wiped the remains of the chocolate cake from his mouth.

“Can I show Bee-Bee my new birthday toys?” Jacob asked.

“Yeah, but you need to clean your room first.” Charlie said.

“No.” Jacob shook his head. “I like it messy.”

“I’m sure you do, but Mummy doesn’t.” Charlie laughed. “Go on, clean your toys away.”

“But I show Bianca them.”

“You can keep your new ones out, but I want all the rest to be put away. You were supposed to have done it this morning Jacob.”

“But I no like cleaning my room.” Jacob sighed.

“I know sweetie.” Charlie laughed. “Maybe in the future you could keep it clean and then you won’t need to clean it so much?”

“No, I say I like it messy.” Jacob shook his head as he looked up to his Mother.

“Well what are we going to do?” Charlie questioned.

“Eh...just leave it?” Jacob suggested.

“No. You need to clean it I am afraid.”

“But Mummy -”

“Jacob Buckton-Rosetta.” Charlie started.

“Oh dear no not my whole name.” Jacob shook his head before he ran through to his bedroom.

Charlie and Bianca laughed lightly before a silence hit them. “So eh....I take it he was no trouble.”

“No.” Bianca shook her head. “He was great. He talked about the girls a lot. He’s really taken by them, bless him. He is worried about Riley though.”

“Because she still doesn’t have any hair?” Charlie questioned and Bianca nodded.

“Yeah, bless.” Bianca smiled and Charlie watched her as her hand went on her bump. She smiled awkwardly before she pursed her lips together, before seeing a look of almost pain on Bianca’s face.

“Are you okay?” Charlie questioned.

“It’s just starting to feel a little more uncomfortable now.”

“Yeah. Try being pregnant with twins.” Charlie replied.

“No no, just the one is fine for me.” Bianca said as she rubbed her stomach. Charlie smiled awkwardly as she looked away, finding to too difficult to keep looking at her bump. “So anyways, I should probably head home, but thank you for letting me spend time with Jacob this afternoon. I’ve really missed him.”

“Just don't get too used to it.” Charlie replied.

“No.” Bianca shook her head sadly. “I’ll just head off then.”

“You can stay a little longer.” Charlie said. “I mean, not for me. I still can’t be friends with you, I just...I can’t.” Charlie shook her head. “But Jacob wants to show you his new toys, so I don’t want to upset him by making you leave before he gets the chance too.”

“Right.” Bianca nodded lightly. “Well thanks.”

“I have to get the girls dinner sorted, so you can just go through to his room, see his toys then leave.” Charlie said before she turned around and walked over to the kitchen. Bianca sighed lightly as she watched Charlie from a small distance. She had hoped Charlie would be able to give her a chance, seeing that she was giving one to Brax, but unfortunately this still didn’t seem to be the case. She sighed once more before she walked through to Jacob’s room.

Brax knocked on the door with a smile on his face. He’d had a long day at work, and was hoping that she would be up for a little bit of relaxation and unwinding, up for spending a little more time together that day, just vegging out. “Brax.” Charlie said surprised as she answered the door. “What brings you here at this time?” Charlie questioned.

Brax looked to Charlie and saw she was wearing her blue silky pyjamas and her blue silky bathrobe. “I’m sorry, were you in bed?”

“I was about to go.” Charlie answered with a yawn.

Brax laughed lightly as he looked down to his watch and saw it was just after 10.30pm. “Sorry, I just closed up the restaurant and I thought maybe we could hang out.”

“Hang out?” Charlie laughed. “What like a couple of teenagers you mean?”

“Well just spend a bit of time together.” Brax smiled. “I mean we are working on our relationship, aren’t we?”

“Yeah, yeah we are.” Charlie smiled. “I just don’t know if I will be good company. I’m tired.”

“Okay.” Brax nodded. “If you want me to go home, I can.”

“No, no, it’s fine.” Charlie smiled lightly as she let Brax into the house. “I might can manage a little bit of time since it’s for you.” Charlie smiled cheekily as they sat down on the couch, Brax wrapping his arm around Charlie and Charlie resting her head against his chest. “So, how was work?”

“Slow...boring...” Brax answered. “Did you chat with Bianca today?”

“A little bit.” Charlie said. “But not about anything to do with the baby or us falling out. I just let Jacob spend some time with her.”

“Aww bet he would have loved that.” Brax smiled.

“Yeah, he did.” Charlie smiled.

“So, do you think you could give Bianca a chance?” Brax questioned.

“Honestly, no.” Charlie shook her head as she looked up at Brax. “Right now all I see when I look at her is betrayal and a baby bump and....it’s too hard.” Charlie answered.

“You were able to do it for me.” Brax said. “Why is she any different?”

“Because she is carrying a baby.” Charlie answered truthfully.

“So is this because it could be my baby or just because she got pregnant and that’s something you can’t ever do again?”

Charlie exhaled lightly as she sat back up and faced Brax. “I would be lying if I said I didn’t feel a little jealous, but mostly it’s because she might have your baby inside her and I just....I can’t be friends with her until I know the truth.”

“I get that babe, but, it just...I feel bad that you’re forgiving me and not her, when we’ve both possibly been as bad as each other.”

“Look, Brax, I don’t know how to explain it, but I just....forgiving you and forgiving Bianca....it’s different okay, and right now I just want to concentrate on us.”

“Okay, well it’s up to you.” Brax smiled lightly. “But I’m glad that you’ve given me the benefit of the doubt.” Charlie smiled lightly as she looked up into his eyes and pulled him into a kiss. “Mmm what was that for?” Brax smiled.

“Do I need a reason?” Charlie questioned.

“No, no not at all.” Brax grinned. “In fact if you want to kiss me again, I won’t go complaining.”

Charlie laughed lightly before she pulled Brax in for another kiss, this one being more passionate. Brax leaned closer to Charlie as the kiss deepened. He ran his hands up her back, as she rested hers around his neck.

“Mummy Mummy.” Jacob shouted as he ran through to the living room causing Charlie and Brax to pull apart.

“What’s wrong Jacob?” Charlie asked as she looked down to her son.

“I woke up.” Jacob yawned.

“And you can’t get back to sleep?” Brax questioned.

“No.” Jacob shook his head. “What you doing here Daddy?”

“I just came to say hello.” Brax smiled.

“It’s very late.” Jacob said. “After bedtime.”

“Yeah, but I just miss Mummy that’s all.”

“Oh.” Jacob nodded lightly. “Daddy could sleepover?” Jacob questioned as he looked up at Charlie.

“Oh he could, could he?” Charlie questioned and Jacob nodded. “C’mon, let’s get you back to bed.”

“Night Daddy. Love you.” Jacob waved as Charlie carried him back through to his room.

“Love you too buddy.” Brax smiled as Charlie and Jacob went out of sight, with Charlie reappearing a few minutes later. “So.” Brax said as he stood up and walked to behind the couch, where Charlie was stood.

“So.” Charlie repeated as she smiled at Brax.

“I guess I’ll head home. Let you get your beauty sleep.” Brax said.

“You know if you wanted too, I wouldn’t entirely mind if you spent the night.” Brax smiled as he raised his eye brows suggestively before pulling Charlie closer to him and wrapping his arms around her waist before his hands found their way down to her bottom. “And that’s not an invitation for sex.” Charlie shook her head. “I just miss cuddling close to you and waking up in your arms.” Charlie smiled shyly. “But if you don’t want too.”

“No no.” Brax shook his head before giving Charlie a smile. “I’d love to stay.” Charlie smiled lightly as she looked up into Brax’s eyes before placing a soft kiss on his lips.

“I love you Darryl Braxton.” Charlie whispered.

“Love you too Charlotte Buckton.” Brax laughed. “Love you too.”

Thank you everyone. :wub: I have to say the idea of it being Elijah's baby made me laugh a lot. Bianca and Elijah...I just couldn't picure that, but I'm sure it won't be to much longer until we find out. :wink:

Chapter 67

Brax stood in the water holding onto Riley tightly as she let out a squeal of excitement as she waved her arms frantically in and out of the water. “Come in.” Brax shouted over to Charlie, who was standing at the water’s edge, letting the waves lap gently around her feet.

“She won’t like it.” Charlie shook her head as she looked to Paige who was sitting very contently in her arms.

“But you need to come see Riley’s face.” Brax smiled. “She is loving it.” Brax said as he looked adoringly at his daughter who was continuing to splash her hands in and out of the water, letting out gurgles of excitement. Charlie exhaled lightly as she walked into the sea and over to Brax. As soon as Paige’s toes hit the water she screamed out and tried to pull her feet away.

“Hey, Paigy us Braxton’s are supposed to love the water.” Brax said as Paige continued to scream. Charlie rubbed her back, trying to calm her, but so far, it was to no avail.

“I told you she wouldn’t like it.” Charlie sighed.

“Just give her a few minutes to get used to it.” Brax said. Charlie exhaled lightly as she looked at Riley who was continuing to splash about as she gurgled in excitement.

“Oh someone’s having fun though.” Charlie smiled as she tickled Riley under her chin. Riley let out a giggle as she looked up at her Mother, meanwhile the same couldn’t be said for Paige who was still screaming in Charlie’s arms. “I’m going to take this one out.” Charlie said as she looked down at Paige.

“Aww Paige, you’re letting down the Braxton side.” Brax shook his head as Charlie walked away with her daughter, keeping her eyes back on her other daughter, who’s body was now fully under the water, with only her head out, her eyes showing her excitement as she grinned up at her Daddy. Charlie smiled lightly as she walked out of the sea and as soon as Paige was back on dry land her tears immediately stopped.

“Aww sweetie.” Charlie said as she wiped the tears from her face. “You really didn’t like that, did you?” Charlie said as she picked up her daughters little towel and wrapped her up as she held her close to her. “Well we’ll get you dried and back into your pretty little dress.” Charlie said as she lay Paige down on her towel, and took off her little orange and yellow swimsuit and swim nappy, before pulling out a fresh nappy from the nappy bag. Paige gurgled as she turned to the side and grabbed onto the nappy bag handle. “Oh Missus...stay still.” Charlie said as she turned Paige the right way, so she could put her nappy on her. “Thank you.” Charlie cooed as she bent down and placed a kiss on Paige’s forehead. “Who’s a cutie?” Charlie smiled as she continued to kiss her daughter. Paige giggled in excitement as she put her hands on Charlie’s hair. “Uh no.” Charlie shook her head as she pulled Paige’s hand from her grasp. “You don’t pull on Mummy’s hair.” Charlie said before she tickled her daughter under her chin. Paige giggled and kicked her legs in excitement. “Aww you’re so pretty baby.” Charlie smiled as she grabbed Paige’s dress and pulled it over her head before lifting her back into her arms. “We should really get some sunscreen on you now.” Charlie said as she reached into the bag and began applying the sunscreen to her daughter before reaching for her sunhat. “Well now Paige. You’ve tried it Daddy’s way and not liked it one bit. So now you’re going to try things Mummy’s way.” Charlie grinned as she lay Paige down on the towel, underneath the umbrella, protecting her from the sun before she lay down next to her. “This is Mummy’s idea of a relaxing time.” Charlie grinned as she looked around to Paige who tuned on her side and reached her hand out and grabbed Charlie’s nose as she let out a giggle. Charlie laughed lightly as she pulled her daughter closer to her and placed a soft kiss on her forehead as she could hear the screams coming from her other daughter.

“God....one screams if you take her in the water and one screams if you take her out the water.” Brax sighed lightly as he reached down for Riley’s towel and wrapped her up, before he sat down and held Riley close to him as he shushed her.

“Well I think Paige likes my way, way better.” Charlie smiled as she sat up and looked down at Paige who was lying down looking from her Mummy to her Daddy.

“Well clearly Riley is the sensible one as she likes things Daddy’s way.” Brax grinned cheekily at Charlie.

“Oh no.” Charlie shook her head. “Paige is by far doing it right.”

“Well I’m pretty sure Jacob would pick the sea and surfing over sunbathing, and come to think of it, Ruby would as well, so unfortunately, you’re outnumbered 4 to 2, so double.” Brax said. “My way is clearly better.”

"Well....” Charlie trailed off, knowing she had been beaten at their silly little game. “Shut up and go pick up Jacob from pre-school.”

“Ah I was actually going to take this one back in the water.” Brax said as he looked down at Riley who was still unsettled in his arms, continuing to look out at the sea.

“Well okay...you go have some more bonding time.” Charlie smiled as she stood up and slipped her dress over herself. “Paigy and I will go get Jake then we’ll come back and join you again.” Charlie said as she lifted Paige into her arms. “But put sunscreen on her first and put her hat on her this time. That sun is getting hotter.”

“Sure.” Brax nodded as he reached forward and grabbed the sunscreen from the bag. “Hey, you could go home and pick up Jakey’s boogie board. I can take him out when you get back.” Brax said as she applied sunscreen to his daughter, before reaching for her sunhat.

“Yeah.” Charlie smiled. “By then the girls should be having a nap so Riley won’t want to be there with you too.”

“Awesome.” Brax smiled as Charlie put her flip flops on before she turned to walk away. “Eh excuse me.” Brax said and Charlie turned around and looked at Brax questioningly. “Come here.” Brax said. Charlie pulled a face as she walked over to Brax. He leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

“Mmm.” Charlie smiled as she pulled back. Paige looked up to Brax as she placed her hand on his chest. Brax laughed lightly as he kissed his daughters forehead. “I’ll see you soon.” Charlie said before she and Paige left to pick up Jacob, and Brax and Riley headed back down towards the sea, Riley's little face lighting up as Brax got closer.

Ruby walked along the hallway of the hotel and stumbled into her hotel room. She threw her bag down on the floor before she lay down on the bed. Matt had wanted to go out for a drink after their gig, but one had turned into two, then three and before Ruby knew it, she was drunk, but continuing to drink more alcohol. After going back to his hotel room and being intimate, Ruby had sneaked out, and went back to her room, having immediately regretted sleeping with him after telling her Charlie how much she wanted to be with Xavier only a few days before, but there was something about Matt that just couldn’t keep Ruby away, like he had some kind of magnetic force, drawing her towards him. Ruby sighed loudly before letting out a small scream as she sat back up in the bed and staggered over to the floor where she’d dropped her bag, and pulled out her mobile phone. She looked at the time and saw it was almost 3 am in Atlanta, where her band had just played a gig and tried to work out what time it was in Australia. “So there’s 16 hours difference between here and home, so it’s 3am Monday here so that’s..16.....12 is 3....then...” Ruby trailed off as she counted the hours on her hands. “Oh why am I so drunk.” Ruby giggled before she shook her head and decided to call Xavier no matter what the time was going to be back home. She took a deep breath before she rang his phone and sighed as she heard it ring and ring and ring, before finally going to voicemail. “Xavy baby....” Ruby slurred. “I love you so much. I miss you so much and I....I need you Xavier. I just want....I wanna be with you. I’ll do anything just.....I’m sorry I’ve been sleeping with him...Matt. It’s good....great but you’re still on top. I mean...I don’t mean it that way....I mean you’re still...the best I’ve had Xavier and I miss it but I miss you more and just....marry me Xavier. I still wear your face in my locket...and I love you and...please. Just give me a chance.” Ruby paused as she held onto her locked tightly as a tear rolled down her cheek. “Well that’s all I have to say so cya.” Ruby said before she hung up the phone and jumped up onto her bed where she almost immediately fell asleep.

Thanks everyone. :wub: Again, I dont like this one. Hopefully I get myself sorted out soon! ha.

Chapter 68

Xavier took a deep breath as he picked up his luggage from the conveyor belt and made his way out of the airport. He sighed lightly as he got into a cab and made his way to the hotel where Ruby was staying. He was yet to decide what he was going to say and over the course of the flight he was wondering what the heck he was doing, but, his heart told him he wanted to be with Ruby, and even though he knew Ruby was really drunk when she left the message, he was hoping that she meant it, and more importantly, that she would remember. He paid the cab driver and went into the hotel, hoping that he wasn’t about to make a complete fool of himself. “Hey.” Xavier smiled as he walked up to the hotel reception. “I was wondering if you could tell me what room Ruby Buckton was staying in?”

“Sorry, I can’t give out that sort of information.” The lady shook her head.

“I’m a friend.” Xavier said. “Or well maybe more....I’m her ex-fiancé but well she gave me this phone call and....here I am.”

“Sorry.” The lady spoke softly. “I can’t tell you what room she is in.”

“I know her. I’m not some crazy stalker fan.” Xavier sighed. “I’ve just been on a 20 hour flight from Sydney to get here. Please.” Xavier pleaded.

“Sorry sir, but I can’t trust you with this information.” The lady shook her head. “You have to understand I just can’t let anyone walk in from the street claiming to be her ex-fiancé.”

“If I can prove it to you will you let me?” Xavier questioned. “I have photos of us.” Xavier said as he scrolled through his phone and came to a picture of him and Ruby that he couldn’t bring himself to delete. “Her birthday is on the 29th June, she has diabetes, she’s passionate about what she believes in, she’s an amazing big sister to her brother and sisters, she had a great relationship with her Mum, she has worked through a lot of bad stuff and is still so strong, she’s an amazing singer, she gorgeous, she’s funny and kind, she’s the sweetest thing ever...”

“Okay, okay.” The lady nodded. “So you obviously know her very well, how do I know you’re not just a crazy obsessed fan?”

“I have a picture.” Xavier repeated as he showed it to the lady. “Please.”

The lady looked down to the photo of Xavier and Ruby, with their arms around each other, big smiles on their faces. She looked back up to Xavier, and he gave her a smile. If she was being honest, the young man standing in front of her looked like he wouldn’t hurt a fly. “She’s in our presidential suite.” The lady sighed lightly. “Elevators are around to the right. It’s on the 30th floor.” Xavier gave the lady a thankful smile before he picked up his bag and ran off in the direction of the elevators. As he went inside at the hit the button for floor 30 he was hit with nerves, unsure of what he was going to say or what was going to happen. After what seemed like forever, the elevator finally came to a stop and the door opened. Taking a deep breath Xavier walked out of the elevator and made his way along the hall until her reached her room. He took another deep breath as he brought his hand up to the door and knocked.

“Just a minute.” Xavier heard Ruby’s voice from inside the room. He heard a fumbling before the door opened, revealing Ruby in one of the hotels bathrobes. “Xav.” Ruby said surprised. “What are you doing here?”

“I got your voicemail...and I just had to come, so here am I.” Xavier answered.

“Voicemail? What voicemail?” Ruby asked confused.

Xavier laughed lightly as he shook his head. Of course she couldn’t remember. It was just drunken rambling. "You sent me a voicemail declaring your love and that you wanted to get back together and I guess I feel the same so....here I am.”

“I...” Ruby trailed off as she gave a quick look back into the room, before looking at Xavier again. “Now isn’t such a great time.” Ruby shook her head. “Can you come back later?”

“Baby who is it?” The voice said as a tall brown haired male stood behind Ruby, placing his hand on her shoulder. Xavier shook his head lightly before he turned to walk away.

“Xav, wait.” Ruby shouted as she chased after him, running down the lobby in the hotel bathrobe, hoping Xavier would give her a chance to explain.

Charlie walked up the stairs and into the restaurant and opened her mouth in awe as she looked around room. All the tables and chairs had been moved out apart from one that was sitting in the centre of the restaurant, the two candles sitting on the table top were glowing in the romantically lit room, red roses were in a vase on the table and red rose petals were scattered across the floor in a trail leading her to the table. “Charlie.” Brax smiled as he appeared from the kitchen, looking very smart a pair of smart jeans and a navy blue shirt. “You look absolutely gorgeous.” Brax said as he looked Charlie up and down. She was wearing a purple strapless dress that cut just above the knee and hugged her in all the right places. Her hair left to flow loosely over her shoulders. She smiled lightly as she walked over to Brax and gave him a questioning look.

“What’s all this?” Charlie asked. “Irene told me to get dressed up and come to the restaurant.”

“Well as much as I have been enjoying spending time with you and the kids, I thought maybe now we could get the chance to spend a little time just me and you.”

“Oh I see.” Charlie smiled. “It sounds great.” Brax smiled lightly as he led Charlie to the table and pulled out her chair, letting her sit down, before he walked to the other side of the table and took a seat himself. He smiled lightly at the beautiful woman starting at him intently as he pulled the bottle from the cooler. The smile on Charlie’s face weakened as she saw the bottle that looked like a bottle of wine. “Brax...”

“I’m not going to drink any.” Brax answered.

“Brax we don’t...I don’t have to drink.” Charlie shook her head. “I’m fine on water or juice or...”

“Charlie you don’t need to stop having a life just because I got weak and became addicted to the stuff.” Brax sighed softly.

“I wouldn’t define having a life would equal drinking.”

“C’mon you know what I mean.” Brax said. “I don’t mind if you drink. I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to handle it. I mean I work here. There’s a whole bar full of alcohol that I have to face every day.”

“Okay.” Charlie nodded. “I’ll have a glass or two tonight, but I’m still sticking with having no alcohol in the house.”

“Okay.” Brax nodded lightly as he poured her a glass of the wine before placing it back in the cooler. He lifted a second bottle from the second cooler and poured himself a glass. “Sparkling white grape juice.” Brax laughed. “It may not be alcohol, but it looks like a sparkling wine, so its close enough.” Brax smiled as he placed the bottle back into the cooler before lifting the glass up. Charlie lifted up her glass and clinked it together with Brax’s.

“Cheers.” They both said before they took a drink. Charlie smiled at Brax as she put her glass back down on the table.

“Dinner should be about 10-15 minutes.” Brax smiled. The chef is working on it now.

“Oh. I thought I was going to get your cooking tonight.”

“No.” Brax laughed. “This way I can actually have time to talk to you and...yeah, let the chef do the work.”

“Okay.” Charlie smiled. “So, how was your day?”

“Good.” Brax smiled. “Work was pretty quiet, but yeah, good. How was your day?”

“Yeah good too.” Charlie smiled. “Jacob had a little friend over from pre-school, so they kept me busy. We baked some cakes and played pirates and princesses.”

“Pirates and princesses?” Brax questioned.

“Well Jacob of course was a pirate, and little Sadie was a princess. Jacob tried to capture her and then me. And the girls.”

“Oh it was girlfriend was it?” Brax questioned. “Little player is he?”

Charlie laughed before she took another drink of her wine. “Well to quote Jacob, ‘She’s just a friend that’s a girl. Girlfriends are stinky’.”

Brax laughed as he took a drink of his juice before looking down at his watch, and standing up, and holding his hand out for Charlie to take. Charlie put her hand in Brax’s as he pulled her to her feet and they walked outside, and stood on the balcony, overlooking the ocean as the sun was about to set. Brax stood behind Charlie as he wrapped his arms around her and rested his chin on her shoulder as he placed a soft kiss on her neck. “I don’t think girlfriends are stinky.” Brax shook his head as Charlie turned around to face him.

“Good.” Charlie grinned as she wrapped her arms around his neck. “I’d hate for you to think I’m stinky....I mean I had a shower today and everything.”

Brax laughed lightly before he placed a soft kiss on her lips. “Don’t you want to watch the sunset?”

“Mmm no.” Charlie shook her head. “I think I like what I’m looking at here better.” Charlie smiled before she leaned up to kiss Brax once more.

Thanks everyone. :wub:

Chapter 69

Charlie and Brax were walking along the beach, their hands linked with each other’s. “So eh...maybe you could come back to my place?” Brax questioned.

“Bit small is it not?” Charlie questioned as she thought about the small studio apartment that Brax had been renting for the last few months.

“Well small is cosy.” Brax grinned. “We’d be cosy.”

Charlie laughed lightly as she shook her head. “I should get home. Let Irene get away.”

“I don’t want the night to be over yet.” Brax sighed as he looked down at Charlie.

“Well it doesn’t have to be.” Charlie smiled. “You can come to my place, if you’d like.”

“Eh yeah I’d like that.” Brax laughed lightly.

“Sure the kids will be pleased to see you too.” Charlie smiled.

“Won’t they already be in bed?” Brax questioned.

“Well I mean...” Charlie trailed off, feeling embarrassed. “I mean in the morning.”

“You want me to spend the night?” Brax smiled.

“I do...if it’s what you want.” Charlie said. “You know if you don’t want to then -”

“No.” Brax cleared his throat. “I’d love to spend the night.” Charlie and Brax walked back home to Charlie’s house to find Irene sitting on the couch with Riley in her arms.

“Hey Irene.” Charlie smiled as she walked in, with Brax following behind her. “How have the kids been?”

“They’ve been great.” Irene smiled as she stood up from the couch. “I couldn’t really get Riley settled though, so I’ve just held her most of the night to keep her calm.”

“Oh Riley.” Brax shook his head as he walked over to Irene and took his daughter in his arms. “You like making things difficult for people don’t you?” Brax cooed before he disappeared down the hall and into the nursery.

“Well thanks again.” Charlie smiled as she walked Irene to the door.

“How are things going with you and Brax?” Irene asked.

“Yeah....it’s good.” Charlie smiled. “I eh....we’re not great yet, but so far things are going well.”

“Well at least he gets a chance.” Irene muttered.

“What does that mean?” Charlie questioned.

Irene exhaled lightly as she looked up at Charlie. “Bianca is....” Irene shook her head. “She’s focusing on the baby, getting a nursery ready, buying clothes that kind of thing....but she’s heartbroken Charlie. How can you give Brax a chance if you still can’t even talk to Bianca?”

Charlie pursed her lips together as she shook her head. “I love Bianca but right now....I just....until I know if she is carrying Brax’s baby...I can’t.”

“But you can forgive Brax?”

“Look...Brax is....” Charlie exhaled lightly. “I get that you care about Bianca, but right now, I just can’t be friends with her and quite frankly Irene, it’s not really any of your business.”

“Fair enough.” Irene sighed. “I just think you should seriously think about giving her a chance. If you can do if for Brax, I just don’t see a reason why you can’t do if for Bianca too.”

“Thank you for your opinion and thank you for watching the kids.” Charlie smiled. “I’ll see you later.” Charlie said before she shut the door on Irene and turned around to see Brax walking back down the hall.

“Hey, what’s put that look on your face?” Brax asked as he lightly cupped her cheek.

“Irene.” Charlie sighed. “She thinks I should give Bianca a chance because I did you.”

“Oh.” Brax nodded. “I can see her point.” Brax said. “But, it is your choice and if right now you can’t then I’m not going to push you.”

“Can we just not talk about Bianca?” Charlie questioned. “We’re having a lovely night and I don’t want to ruin it now.”

“Just before the fun begins you mean?” Brax laughed cheekily.

“Oi.” Charlie hit his chest. “Who says we were going to?” Charlie raised her eye brows suggestively.

“I guess no one did.” Brax answered. “I kinda maybe just assumed it.”

“Oh well you should never assume.” Charlie shook her head as she started to unbutton Brax’s shirt.

“No.” Brax shook his head. “Silly me.” Charlie smiled lightly as she looked up into Brax’s eyes before she placed a soft kiss on his lips. Brax smiled into the kiss and he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her tiny frame closer to him, before they started walking through to the bedroom, their kiss never breaking.

Ruby had managed to catch up with Xavier and the pair had sat down on the chairs in the lobby, an awkward silence now between them. “So I travel pretty much to the other side of the world to be with you and try to find a way to make us work, because I thought it was what we both wanted, but I find you as good as in bed with him.”

“I’m sorry.” Ruby said as she bowed her head down. “I....with Matt....it’s just sex.”

“Is that supposed to make me feel better or something?” Xavier questioned. “You’re still sleeping with someone else Ruby. How am I supposed to believe you still have genuine feelings for me if you can sleep around?”

Ruby pursed her lips together as she felt a tear roll down her cheek. “Look, with Matt...I think he’s just....he’s there and he wants it....he’s just filling a void that I’m missing with you.”

“Nice to see I’m that easy to replace.”

“Xav.” Ruby sighed. “I don’t mean it like that...I....”

“Did you just sleep with him then?” Xavier questioned. Ruby pursed her lips together as she looked away from Xavier. Xavier gave a gently nod as he knew the answer. “So you send me a message telling me that you love me and you propose to me and -”

“I proposed?” Ruby questioned.

“You said marry me.” Xavier answered. “But then a couple days later and you land in bed with someone else.”

“I’m sorry.” Ruby shook her head. “And if I could I would take it all back with Matt, but what’s happened has happened and it can’t be changed, but it can be stopped.”

“I don’t know if it can.” Xavier shook his head.

“It can.” Ruby emphasised. “I love you and I want to be with you. If we are going to find a way to make this relationship work, then things with Matt will be over.”

“As easy as that?” Xavier questioned. “Because it seems to me that you’d find it difficult to resist.”

Ruby shook her head lightly. “I love you so much. Please, Xav, can we just give this a chance and I promise, me and Matt, we’re not going to do anything again. I would stay faithful to you.”

Xavier laughed lightly. “You’re always going to be with the guy, Rubes. You’re in a band together, touring the world.”

“Then I’ll leave.” Ruby sighed. “If it means getting to be with you then I’ll finish this tour then I’ll leave the band.”

“You’d really do that?” Xavier questioned.

“If it means I get to be with you.” Ruby nodded.

“No, I couldn’t ask you to do that.” Xavier said.

“You’re not asking me anything,” Ruby shook her head. “I’m just willing to do whatever it takes to be with you.”

“Do you think it’s going to be as easy as that?” Xavier questioned.

“No.” Ruby shook her head. “I know we will need to work at us, but if its something that we both really want.”

“I don’t know if I can trust that you’ll stay away from him though.”

“Then stay too.” Ruby said. “We’re heading to Europe soon, then we’ll be back in Australia for Christmas.”

“I still have uni.” Xavier sighed. “We don’t start our holidays until December.”

“So you take a few extra weeks.”

“It’s more than a few, Ruby. We still have a week of October left, then there’s all of November.”

“Okay, well....you’ll need to trust me.” Ruby said. “I promise you Xav, nothing else will happen with Matt and me if we get back together.”

Xavier smiled lightly as he looked at Ruby. She was beautiful. He’d never loved anyone like he loves her. “Don’t make me regret this Rubes.” Xavier shook his head as he stood up.

“I won’t.” Ruby smiled as she jumped up from the seat and into his arms. I promise you I won’t.”

“Morning Mummy.” Jacob grinned as he ran into the bedroom and jumped up onto the bed. “Oh Daddy...did you sleepover?”

“I did.” Brax nodded as he watched Jacob get himself comfy in between Charlie and himself.

“And you didn’t tell me?” Jacob asked.

“Well you were sleeping buddy.” Brax said. “We didn’t want to wake you.” Charlie laughed lightly as she wrapped her arms around her son and gave him a hug. “And me and your Mum were kind of busy most of the night.” Brax muttered and Charlie slapped his chest as they gave each other a cheeky glance.

“Busy with what?” Jacob questioned. Charlie raised her eyebrows at Brax, waiting to hear what his answer would be.

“Well Mummy and Daddy -”

“We were busy planning what we were going to do today.” Charlie smiled down at her son.

“Oh....what you plan?”

“Well we thought we could get a picnic and take a nice walk around the park before playing on the swings.”

“Wow.” Jacob nodded. “It sounds good.”

“Doesn’t it.” Charlie smiled.

“Yeah.....I be a pirate today.....oh and I take my bike to ride?”

“Sure you can.” Brax smiled.

“Daddy can you take the trainy wheels off?”

“Oh I don’t know if you are ready for that mate.” Brax said.

“I am.” Jacob nodded.

“We’ll see.” Brax smiled.

“Can Ruby come today Mummy?”

“No, Ruby is still in America.” Charlie answered.

“I miss her too much.” Jacob sighed.

“Yeah me too.” Charlie nodded. “Talking about Ruby, Xavier came around a few days ago wanting to know where she would be staying in Florida.”

“Why he want to know that?” Brax questioned.

“He’s going out there to see her.” Charlie answered. “Something about a voicemail.” Charlie exhaled lightly. “I don’t know what’s going on with those two. Hopefully they get things sorted.”

“Yeah. I thought they were really meant for each other.”

“Yeah. He was a good one.” Charlie smiled.

“Yeah.” Jacob nodded. “I miss Xava too.” Jacob said just as the girls could be heard stirring through the baby monitor.

“Daddy, you’re turn to get them up.” Charlie said as she lightly rubbed Brax’s chest.

“Yeah Daddy, get them girls in here.” Jacob smiled. Brax laughed lightly as he got out of the bed, and returned moments later holding his two girls. Paige and Riley’s faces both lit up as they saw their Mother.

“Hey babies.” Charlie smiled as Brax got back into the bed and Charlie took Riley into her arms, the 5 of them sitting together in the bed enjoying the morning.

Thank you all so much for the comments. :wub: Hope this next one is okay.

Chapter 70

Over the following months, Charlie and Brax’s relationship continued to improve, although Brax still hadn’t moved back into the family home, Charlie deciding it was best to leave that until after the paternity of Bianca’s baby was discovered. Ruby was now home from the American and European leg of the tour, having a break over the holidays, before they began to tour Australia. She and Xavier were now back in the bay spending some time with Charlie, Brax and the kids, and also, Gina and John. After ending things Matt, he and Ruby had decided to remain friends, and Matt had recently began seeing a soap actress, and although things weren’t getting serious yet, Ruby was just glad that he had seemed to have moved on from her. “So Rubes, I’ve been thinking.” Xavier said as he poured himself some orange juice.

“Oh yeah, what about?” Ruby questioned.

“About you leaving the band.” Xavier said. “I don’t think you should.”

“Xav -”

“Rubes, you love singing and this career.” Xavier exhaled. “And I don’t want to stand in the way of that.”

“You’re not.” Ruby shook her head. “This was my choice.”

“Please just tell me you will think about it and not make a decision to soon.”

“Okay.” Ruby sighed lightly. If she was going to be honest, she was having second thoughts about leaving the band anyways. “We can talk more about it later.”

“Ruby, Ruby.” Jacob shouted as he ran through to the kitchen. “What we do today?”

“Oh I don’t know.” Ruby shook her head. “What would you like to do sweetie?”

“Eh.” Jacob scratched his head as he scrunched his face up. “I no no....Mummy what we all do today?” Jacob looked up to see Charlie walking into the room, with Paige and Riley in her arms, before she placed the girls into the highchairs.

“I don’t know.” Charlie shook her head.

“Can Daddy come with whatever we do?” Jacob questioned.

“No.” Charlie shook her head. “Daddy is working.”

“Why Mummy no work?” Jacob asked.

“Yeah, Mum, you were supposed to be going back when the twins were 6 months. They’re like 10 and a half months now.”

“I just didn’t feel ready to go back.” Charlie answered. “But work are fine with it. They said there will still be a job for me when I decide to go back.”

“Lucky you.” Ruby sighed.

“Oh I no Mummy.” Jacob grinned. “We go surfing. I getting good Xava. Daddy been showing me on my boogie board.”

“Yeah, I’d love to take you surfing mate.”

“So can we Mummy?” Jacob questioned. “And Ruby and you and them girls can lay in the sun.”

“Oi, Ruby can surf.” Ruby said.

“Well then Mummy and them girls can lay in the sun and you and me and Xava can go surf.” Jacob said excitedly. “Please Mummy.”

“Sounds fine to me.” Charlie smiled as she started to prepare breakfast for the kids.

“Yey.” Jacob cheered before he ran out of the room in excitement, with Ruby following, heading out for a shower.

“So, Charlie, not that I don’t want to spend the day with you and the kids, I mean I enjoy it, but I was hoping for a little bit of alone time with Ruby today. I eh....well I was going to propose again.”

“Oh.” Charlie said sounding a bit shocked.

“You don’t think I should?” Xavier questioned.

“I think you’ve only been back together for a few months.” Charlie answered. “But if it feels right to you, then do it.”

“It does.” Xavier smiled. “It really does.”

“Then go for it.” Charlie smiled.

“You think she’ll say yes?” Xavier asked.

“She loves you.” Charlie smiled. “And she wants to spend the rest of her live with you. I’m sure she will.”

Xavier smiled lightly as he drank the last of his juice. “Xava come play.” Jacob shouted through the house.

“Be right there.” Xavier smiled as he walked out of the kitchen, excited at the thought of proposing to Ruby later that day.

Charlie walked into the diner and pushed the door shut, for the great force of the wind was trying to blow it open once again. “Can’t believe the change in the weather.” Leah said. “It’s blowing a gale out there.”

“I know.” Charlie said as she put her hood down from her coat and unzipped it. “It’s been so humid these last few days though; maybe this rainstorm will clear the air.

“Yeah.” Leah agreed. “So, what can I get you?”

“Just a latte.” Charlie smiled as she sat down on the stool at the counter. “I thought I’d leave Ruby and Xavier in peace....he’s going to propose.”

“Oh wow.” Leah smiled before she jumped at the first crack of thunder.

“Well that’s if Jacob hasn’t got back up because of this weather.”

“Brax not about?” Leah asked and Charlie shook her head.

“He’s working.” Charlie answered. “Will probably be stuck waiting in the restaurant until this passes now.”

“Yeah.” Leah nodded as she handed Charlie her latte before making one for herself. “I was just about to close up here. No one is going to come out in this now.”

“Oh, sorry.” Charlie said as she looked around the diner and noticed she was actually the only person in there. “If you want me to go?”

“No.” Leah shook her head. “We should probably wait here till the storm has passed now.”

“Yeah, I guess.” Charlie smiled before taking a drink of her coffee, and the door swung open and a very heavily pregnant Bianca waddled into the diner and struggled to get the door shut again. Charlie bit her lip before she got up and walked over to the door, helping her get it shut.

“Bianca.” Leah said as she walked over her two friends. “What are you doing out in this.”

Bianca’s breathing was raspy as she took off her raincoat. “I was....I’m so sick of being pregnant....they said walks....long walks can start labour...I tried everything else....” Bianca was now 8 days overdue, and had been trying to induce labour. She took a deep breath as she felt a sharp pain in her lower stomach. She doubled over as she clutched onto her stomach.

“Oh my God Bianca, are you in labour now?” Charlie questioned.

“I....I don’t.....” Bianca shook her head. “Know....I don’t know....I’ve never been in labour before.”

“Sit down.” Charlie said as she took her hand and led her to one of the chairs. Bianca took a deep breath as she squeezed Charlie’s hand. “Leah call an ambulance.”

“The phone line is dead.” Leah said as she held the phone in her hand. “The storm must have done something to the lines." Charlie sighed lightly before she looked around to Bianca.

“What about you’re mobile?” Charlie asked.

“I forgot it today.” Leah said. Charlie exhaled as she pulled her phone from her pocket and threw it at Leah. Bianca let out a moan as she clutched onto her stomach.

“Oh God.” Bianca shook her head. “Charlie is this baby coming now?”

“I think so, Bianca. I think so.” Charlie said as she moved Bianca down from the chair, so she was sitting on the floor, her back resting against the wall.

“You’re out of battery.” Leah said as she put Charlie’s phone down on the counter. Charlie cursed under her breath.

“I need a doctor or nurse or...” Bianca trailed off as she breathed though a contraction.

“Bianca look at me.” Charlie said as she kept eye contact with her. “We can’t get in touch with anyone right now because of the storm. Okay, so me and Leah are here and we’re not going anywhere.”

“But you two aren’t doctors.” Bianca shook her head.

“No, but we have 5 kids between us.” Leah said as she knelt down next to Bianca and lightly stroked her forehead. “We know what we are doing.....or well, this one more than me.” Leah said as she looked to Charlie.

“Okay, Bianca, all you need to concentrate on right now is your breathing. Did you go to lamaze?”

“Yeah.” Bianca nodded.

“Okay, so just like they taught you there.” Charlie said as she placed her hand on Bianca knee.

“I can’t.” Bianca shook her head.

“You can.” Charlie said. “Look at me....deep breath in....and out.”

“I need some ice.” Bianca said. “I want to eat some ice.”

“I’ll go.” Leah said as she ran through to the kitchen and got her friend a cup of ice, and gathered some damp towels, to pat her friend’s forehead. Although Leah had only been away a matter of minutes, she came back into the room to find Bianca already pushing and Charlie there ready to pull the baby out. She paused for a minute as she watched her two estranged friends. Although she knew it was hard for both Charlie and Bianca, it was also hard for her, with her two closest friends no longer talking. She only hoped that this experience could bring the quarrelling friends back together, but of course she knew if the baby Bianca was about to give birth to was indeed Brax’s, there’d be no chance of that happening.

“You’re doing great Bianca.” Charlie’s voice brought Leah out of her thoughts and she walked back over to her friends and knelt down next to Bianca and started to dab her forehead. Bianca let out another push, and Leah pursed her lips together as she saw a look of worry on Charlie’s face.

“What’s wrong?” Leah mouthed.

“The cord is wrapped around the baby’s neck.” Charlie said. “Bianca -”

“Charlie, you need to do something.” Bianca started to panic.

“Bianca, it’s okay. Just stay calm, everything will okay.”

“But Charlie -”

“It’s okay.” Leah said. “Charlie can move the cord, you just need to stay still and calm.”

Charlie gently moved the cord from the baby’s neck, before looking back up to Bianca and letting out a small smile. “One more big push.”

Bianca dug her chin down into her chest as she pushed with all her might. Charlie smiled once again as she pulled the baby up placed it on Bianca’s chest. Tears immediately rolled down Bianca’s cheeks as she looked down to her baby and instantly felt love with the little human being that was now totally dependent on her. “Oh God. I’m a Mum.” Bianca cried.

“You did great.” Leah smiled as she wiped Bianca’s forehead. Bianca smiled as she stared intently at her new baby. The baby that was 8 days late, but when it was finally ready to come into the world, it came in fast. Charlie looked on at Bianca and the baby, the baby that was possibly her sort of step child and didn’t know how to feel. The baby she’s just helped bring into his world, might well be about to rip her family and happiness apart. Outside the rain was still batting down hard, the wind howling through the windows as the thunder roared, but inside, there was a welcome silence as mother and child were beginning to bond.

Archived