Donald Fisher - Norman Coburn

I doubt Norman Coburn would return to the show now, he is 78, whereas Don is only 70 now. Unless Norman did return for a few guest episodes. And I know of many 78 year olds and older who lead an active lifestyle and man 75+ year old actors who are still working.

Well Like I Say I Would Love To See Norman Coburn As Don Fisher Return But I Don't Think He Would, It's Been Almost A Decade Since He Last Appeared, And The Old Style Home And Away Was A lot Softer And more Joyful When He Was In His Prime Time On The Show. It Would Be Interesting To See How He'd Fit In The Show Now Though. Age Doesn't Necessarily Stop Some Actors You Are Right There Are Old Actors Especially When You look At Last Of The Summer Wine And On The Buses Where Most The Actors We're Between 69 and 90, Peter Sallis Was 88 When He Finally Retired And Peter Falk Was Still Doing Columbo Movies Aged 81 So It's Not Impossible Just Because Of his Age. Have You Also noticed No Other originals Have Returned With The Exception Of Sally Returning For the 25th Anniversary But I Would like To See Pippa , Sally, Travis, Shannon, Angel, Bobby, Ailsa And Fisher. Between The Pilot 1988 Until 2002 We're The Best I Would Say. Btw Have You Seen The Episode Of Don Fisher Getting Drunk And Dancing At Christmas It's On YouTube Episode 1835 - MERRY CHRISTMAS  - It's One Of the best Episodes Of Don I've Seen And it's Rare Seeing Don Take The Formal Style And Put It On the Back burner And let His hair Down lol

I doubt Norman Coburn would return to the show now, he is 78, whereas Don is only 70 now. Unless Norman did return for a few guest episodes. And I know of many 78 year olds and older who lead an active lifestyle and man 75+ year old actors who are still working.

Yep. Joseph Mascolo who plays the legendary Stefano DiMera on Days Of Our Lives is 86!

• 3 weeks later...

I've always been surprised that they never cast his brother Clive he was mentioned in 88 as owning the oyster firm, with Don being such a long standing character and a big hit with the fans I thought it would of been something they explored at some point during the history especially when Don's mother came to the bay, it may also be another way to get Don back to the bay as I don't think it's ever been mentioned that Clive left the bay so he could still be living there, Don could pop back and see him or maybe his brother falls ill and Don comes back to see him, I'd love Don back.

It is a huge shame that in 2001 Don said "I am an only child" totally wiping out Clive and Mary, and his niece and nephew David and Lucinda.

I do try and make sense of some of the continuity errors though, maybe they were his step siblings, Don's mum or dad remarried when they split up in the 1960s as Don said they had split when his mum arrived in 1997.

Edited by Homeandawayfan.

I'd actually forgotten he'd said that, I don't remember a lot about when his mum returned and what was said about his family then if anything, but I know in the early years when they were mentioned he refered to them as his brother/sister, it seems odd that he would say that and ineffect wipe out a lot of his family  you'd of thought Don would of stated he was an only child but had step siblings.

I know there is an awful lot of writers writing different episodes but isn't there a "Home and Away Bible" for them to consult to prevent these sort of continuity errors. Other then that, you'd really think Norman would say he couldn't say that line as Donald has two siblings. 

Edited by Blaxland 89
  • Like 1

I know there is an awful lot of writers writing different episodes but isn't there a "Home and Away Bible" for them to consult to prevent these sort of continuity errors. Other then that, you'd really think Norman would say he couldn't say that line as Donald has two siblings. 

I think it's been mentioned that there's no Bible as such, as for that line, sadly it just shows that the actors on H&A have absolutely no say. If they did, Ray would have told milions of times that Alf is not like he is written now.

I think it's been mentioned that there's no Bible as such, as for that line, sadly it just shows that the actors on H&A have absolutely no say. If they did, Ray would have told milions of times that Alf is not like he is written now.

What's wrong with the way Alf is written?.

He is still the same old Alf!. 

• Like 2

What's wrong with the way Alf is written?.

He is still the same old Alf!. 

He's too calm and too quiet. And too tolerant. In the past he would make lots of cracks sometimes not acceptable. I don't think that only age could make a person more sophisticated. He should be written more consistantly. He's not the heart of the shoe. He's only there because he's been since the beginning. He has a shop but we never see him working in there. He's now like mr. Perfect because he's older and his advice are always good whicy doesn't make sense since he was known to give bad advice.

• Like 2