Donald Fisher - Norman Coburn

• 2 months later...

In July 1988 Alan Fisher copied his dads signature for a scam to get his dad sacked and if you look you can see Donald signed his name as D M Fisher. This means he had a middle name. I like middle names as an initial, gives you a guess as to whether the middle name was embarrassing such as Marlon or Melvin.

hampa%20flathead%20signature_zpsphhbbez5

Edited by Homeandawayfan.
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Donald Fisher: Played By Norman Coburn  (1988 - 2003)

Guest Appearances in 2004/2005 and Then 2007 Where His Last ever appearance Was episode 4502 YouTube 

As Much As I'd Love For Don Fisher To Return To Summer Bay I Doubt This Will Happen Now, Keeping In Mind Fisher (Norman Coburn) Hasn't Been On H&A Since His Last ever Appearance Back In 2007 Even Then He Was Getting On In His Age, Norman Coburn Is Now 78 So I Would Think His Either Fully Retired Or Working Very Minor Occasions And I'm Doubtful H&A Directors/Producers Have Or Will Approached Norman For A Guest Stint In Summer Bay, Especially If Their New Breeds As They May Not Remember The Character And I'm Pretty Sure Norman Would Pass It All Now And Fair Play To Him. It's Always Cool To See "The Old School" Characters Return Now And Then Although I Feel As Much As I Loved Fisher He Might Be Out Of Place Now In The Show What With Loads more Young Characters, The Braxton Regime and Just The Pure Cinematic Look To The Show Compared to It In The 90s Growing Up Watching It, Even Alf Stewart Is Barely Getting Main Priority In The Show Now And Looks Most The Time In The Background. Home And Away Was A lot Better Back Then In My Opinion And I Still Occasionally Watch The Old H&A On YouTube And Don Fisher Had Some Up And Down Storylines He Must Be One Of The Unluckiest People In The Show What With Loosing Almost All his Kids Alan(Deceased), Bobby(Deceased), Rebecca (Deceased), He Took On To Foster Shane(Deceased)  Angel And Sam Who Both Later Left Summer Bay Sometime In The Late 90s. Two failed Marriages To Marilyn And Jane And As Far As I Know Don fisher Has probably Taken the Most Punches than Any Other Character In Home And Away I've Watched At least Four Episodes Where Poor Don Is On The End Of A Fist One I Remember Watching As A Kid When Alf Knocked Him Down In the School Of All things With Kids Watching On Crikey Only In Soapland lol.

I don't see how people working on the show would not know who Donald Fisher is. If they don't then they really shouldn't be working on the show. 

I'm Sure Most On the Set Of Home And Away Would Know Of Don Fisher, Especially The Originals Like Alf, Marilyn And Irene Who Are Still On The Show, If I'm Honest I hardly Watch The new Series Now I Kind of Stopped Watching Home And Away Since 08 I Do Occasionally Out Of Curiosity Take A Peek What Is Going On In The Show But I Just Wonder Whether Some Of The New Younger Cast Members And Even New Directors Would Remember Him They Should Tbh Considering He Was Part Of The Show For 16 Years, Remember It's Been At least Almost 9 Years Since His Last Appearance In 2007.....(12  If You take In Account Him Leaving As A Full Time Character) As I Wrote It Would Be Awesome To See Him Back Even For One Show As I Doubt He Would Return For Anything Longer And It Was Sad How He Departed In  2007, They Really Dropped The Bomb On Fisher Then, Infact I Just Felt Sorry For Fisher Who I Remember As A Formal , Well Suited , Intelligent Man And Here he Was Looking Frail , bankrupted And Barely Capable Of Buying A Meal In The Diner If only He Left On A Much lighter Note Like In 2003 When he Embraced With Sally And Had That Dream Sequence Of Him in the Pilot Episode Scaring Her lol. Anyway I Read You Watch Old Episodes Of H&A Too......I Wonder If You Prefer The Old H&A Too It Was much More Fun Then And Wasn't as Dark As It Is Now You Used to Have So Much laughs With The Show , Even The First Two Theme Tunes We're classics.

• Like 1

I don't see how people working on the show would not know who Donald Fisher is. If they don't then they really shouldn't be working on the show. 

I'm Sure Most On the Set Of Home And Away Would Know Of Don Fisher, Especially The Originals Like Alf, Marilyn And Irene Who Are Still On The Show, If I'm Honest I hardly Watch The new Series Now I Kind of Stopped Watching Home And Away Since 08 I Do Occasionally Out Of Curiosity Take A Peek What Is Going On In The Show But I Just Wonder Whether Some Of The New Younger Cast Members And Even New Directors Would Remember Him They Should Tbh Considering He Was Part Of The Show For 16 Years, Remember It's Been At least Almost 9 Years Since His Last Appearance In 2007.....(12  If You take In Account Him Leaving As A Full Time Character) As I Wrote It Would Be Awesome To See Him Back Even For One Show As I Doubt He Would Return For Anything Longer And It Was Sad How He Departed In  2007, They Really Dropped The Bomb On Fisher Then, Infact I Just Felt Sorry For Fisher Who I Remember As A Formal , Well Suited , Intelligent Man And Here he Was Looking Frail , bankrupted And Barely Capable Of Buying A Meal In The Diner If only He Left On A Much lighter Note Like In 2003 When he Embraced With Sally And Had That Dream Sequence Of Him in the Pilot Episode Scaring Her lol. Anyway I Read You Watch Old Episodes Of H&A Too......I Wonder If You Prefer The Old H&A Too It Was much More Fun Then And Wasn't as Dark As It Is Now You Used to Have So Much laughs With The Show , Even The First Two Theme Tunes We're classics.

I think 2008 was the last great year for the show, especially the beginning. I haven't watched since late 2012, I just got so fed up of the repetitive story lines and from what I've seen it's not all that much better these days. Yeah I can't believe it's been so long since we last saw him! Norman seemed happy to dip in and out and it's a shame it's been so long since we last saw Fisher.

Yes, I have seen many episodes from different eras and have a pretty good knowledge of the history of H&A. :) I definitely prefer the older episodes, (my favourite period is 1998-2004) they had so much more warmth and the characters were like real, everyday people that you could relate to. The absence of the theme tune is a great shame and I think we all miss it. 

I can't help but think H&A moving to 7TWO could really shake up the show and get it back to its roots.

I Can't Remember Much Of Home And Away In 2008 As I Started To tire From It By This Time, I Would Say Home And Away Lost It's Appeal Since 2005. I Still Wish They Kept at least The 1995 - 2000 Home And Away them Tune, Baring In Mind In 1996 They Swapped the singers round And Shortened the Song by A Few Seconds But It Was Still A Classy Unforgettable Song And It Suited the Show.