Romeo/Indi

John

Hmm.As some people have said elsewhere, they've possibly gone too far with this storyline.It does feel like history repeating itself a bit, as at the beginning of last year they seemed to be exploring the difficulties of maintaining a relationship when you've left school(or one of you's left school)and your lives are moving in different directions which instead turned into a story about infidelity and acting badly to get a reaction...and they still got back together and had a fairytale wedding.Now, in the second half of last year, and at the beginning of this year, they did a good job of portraying the difficulties facing a young couple:having to adjust to a new set of priorities, the financial problems that ensued, the fact that many young married couples can't afford their own place, the fact that you have to take another person into consideration and can't necessarily pursue the life you would if you were single.Then...they broke up, they started seeing other people and frankly it's reached the point where them getting back together would almost feel like a cheat.And while many Romeo/Indi fans might want to accuse Ruby of breaking up their marriage, from where I'm sitting they did that all by themselves and Romeo made the first move, so if he has just been toying with her feelings while he makes his mind up whether he wants Indi or not, then that makes her the real victim in all this.

I disagree, Ruby has been worming her way in wherever she could, mainly with the surfing thing, I mean on Indi's sister's day of trial, she had the nerve to go up to Indi and tell her to let Romeo go to the surf comp. They were still together then. It's little things like that where Ruby purposely tried to start things between them. And she's been doing it since last year when she slept with Romeo. She is doing the same things she did back then, trying to undermine the relationship between Romeo and Indi.

I do agree, it's not all Ruby, obviously Romeo and Indi had their problems, but I think the Ruby thing definitely helped inflate things, Indi got jealous, slept with Logan, Romeo hit back, etc. etc. I don't think Romeo and Indi getting back together would be a cheat. It's been obvious from the start that Romeo does not have the same feelings as Ruby. Painfully obvious. He is very clearly still in love with Indi. He feels hurt and rejected by Indi though, and Ruby was just waiting there to pick up the pieces, so he did what the easiest thing was and got together with her. But I think over the next few weeks we will see how much he does care for Indi, and I think in the long run, they will get back together.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching last night episode, it made me seriously outraged to have

Ruby tell Indi to back off and let Ruby/Romeo have a chance and be happy.

Indi is at the end of the day, still Romeo's wife, and he clearly still loves Indi and wants her back. This is beyond a joke, yes I can see that the storyline was good at portraying a young couple getting married and struggling with that lifestyle and seeing that love wasn't enough to keep a marriage going.... But Ruby's self ritious, its all about me, me, me attitude is seriously pissing me off!

And then outright telling Indi

She could make Romeo happier then Indi could

was just downright selfish. But, to me, Romeo's feelings are not going to go away and he will find out what Ruby said to Indi and it wont end well on Ruby. Jokes on you, spoilt little brat!

I'm disappointed by all the Ruby hate there seems to be at the moment.It might be unfashionable but I like Ruby and don't think she deserves to end up a casualty of Romeo and Indi's on/off relationship.It might be even more unfashionable but I like Romeo and Ruby together and think she could be good for him but the way the storyline's going it doesn't look like he's going to be able to let go of his feelings for Indi.So Ruby told Indi to let Romeo go on a surfing trip instead of going to Sasha's trial:It was wrong and inappropriate but it's a giant leap from there to breaking up a marriage, she was just trying to be a friend, overstepping the mark and misreading the situation.There seems to be a bit of a double standard going on here, not from Indi herself so much(aside from

accepting an inappropriate loan

and being pretty nasty to Ruby when she heard she'd kissed Romeo despite doing worse with Logan, she seems to have accepted that she and Romeo are broken up and he's with Ruby)but from some of the other character and some of the viewers.When Indi slept with Logan, arguably cheating on her husband, people defended her by saying she and Romeo were "legally separated" and he'd given up the right for her to feel obligated to him.But now they're suddenly waving a marriage certificate about and acting as though Indi still has a claim to Romeo and her opinion is more important than anyone else's. Sure, Ruby's being a bit strident but most women would be unhappy about their partner's ex being a third person in their relationship.It's a bit galling to hear Roo telling her "She's his wife" as if imparting some great wisdom:I don't recall her being particularly happy when Sid's wife turned up and started hanging around him but I guess she's forgotten that.

I honestly haven't liked Ruby's character, ever. So that probably is my bias showing, with having no sympathy for her.

Romeo and Indi did obviously have issues before Ruby showed up in the picture again, but you can't deny that Ruby was a factor that lead to their ultimate separation. Whether it was just Indi being jealous because of Romeo's history where he did cheat on her with Ruby, or if it was Ruby intentionally interfering in order to serve her ultimate goal of being with Romeo, I don't know, but her being in the picture did contribute to Indi's increasing feeling of neglect by Romeo, which then lead to Logan and her liking all the attention he showered on her. While I don't agree with her actions to sleep with Logan, while still together with Romeo, they weren't separated at that point, I guess I understand slightly why she was drawn to Logan. He was intently focused on her, while her husband was off surfing with another girl. She was lonely, and stressed, and Romeo didn't listen to her when she tried to bring up how she was feeling.

Romeo and Indi's main problem is that they didn't listen to one another, they didn't communicate effectively. I think this break is good for them as it gives them time to reflect, and also seeing as they both dated other people, to see how they felt being with someone different and whether they were happier or not. I think they are both coming to the realization that they do miss one another, they still love each other, and if they can move past all the issues they currently have and learn to communicate with one another, they can have a reconciliation and a happy life together.

Read last night that Indi or Ruby is pregnant!! Hope it's Indi, and hopefully they won't have a big twist and make it Logan's baby! :/

Anyone know the ep of Indi and Romeo's first kiss?

There is a clip of it of YT but all of Romeo's lines have been cut out.

EDIT: Never mind about that question, I found it.

Edited by Dingo x

• 1 month later...

I think that Romeo and Indie love each other but i do not think they are in love with each other.

Too much has happened for them too go back to how they once was. In do not blame Ruby for what happened between Romeo and Indie, Romeo used Ruby to get back at Indie even though he knew Ruby has feelings for him.

I prefer Romeo and Indi together, rather than Romeo and Ruby. To be honest, I've always thought that Romeo has seen Ruby as a short-term replacement for Indi to ease the pain of splitting up with her. I think Romeo and Indi have always loved each other, but they're relationship broke down due to too many disagreements with each other.

I think Ruby loves Romeo, but Romeo doesn't love Ruby. I'd hope one day that Romeo and Indi reunite, but they'll have to sort through issues before they can be together again.

• 1 month later...

I think these two have come to the end of their reletionship, yes i know that they will get back together but i do not think they will last long as a couple. The reason they split up in the first place was because they had alot of issues and they cannot just forget about the problems they had. I think they will end up being good friends.

Edited by saybah