Temptation

Guest Chax47

Great update,

Nice to see a softer side of Heath :wub:!! Danni02, I know some people refer to them as Heanca so I guess that could be their shipping name.

The whole Chax part of that update was absolutely awesome :wub:!!!

Hilarious ending :lol:!! Knew it was coming but was still funny!!

More soon please :D

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!! :wink:

It's that time of the week again....new chapter time!! It's a little longer than usual, I got a little carried away with myself and couldn't stop writing....

Thank you again for all the brilliant reviews, and just for reading it in the first place! Makes my day to know that you all like it. And welcome to those who have just started reading :D

Anyway, enjoy and let me know what you think!

Lianne x

Chapter 8

"I...I...erm, I'm just..." Charlie tugged nervously at the bottom of Brax's shirt, suddenly very aware of how little clothing the two friends were wearing in front of each other. Bianca began mimicking her actions, while they both stared awkwardly at each other. "What are you doing here?"

"Me?" Bianca panicked as the heat was turned onto her. "I was, you know, I was just erm...dropping something off!" She knew how ridiculous it sounded the minute the words left her mouth, and the look on Charlie's face confirmed this.

"Dropping something off?" Charlie questioned. They both knew what was going on, but neither wanted to be the first to admit it.

"Wait, what did you say you were doing here?"

Charlie stared blankly at her, her mind racing for some sort of excuse. The longer she remained mute, the more Bianca wouldn't believe a word she eventually said. Silence is an admittance of guilt. Say anything. Charlie mentally scolded herself before eventually blurting something out.

"There was a noise complaint. Just checking on some enquires!" She threw Bianca a quick smile before moving past her and heading back towards Brax's bedroom. She grimaced to herself as her words played around in her head. Are you kidding me? I'm a cop and that's the best I could do!?!

Bianca stiffled a laugh as she mumbled bye over her shoulder and made a fast exit into Heath's bedroom.

Charlie closed the bedroom door with a slam and threw herself back against it. Brax was curled up in the bed, the sheets covering half his body leaving the top half exposed.

"Finally...I was beginning to think you'd done a runner on me. Although dressed like that..."

Charlie ignored him as she banged her head on the back of the door, mumbling under her breath.

Brax noticed the change in her, and sat up slightly in the bed. "Charlie? Are you ok?"

"Bianca...."

He paused. "Um...I know we haven't exactly been back together for long, but my name is Brax. This relationship would be a little different if I were Bianca..." He momentarily got lost in his own trail of thought, although Charlie remained totally unaware. "It would definitely be good different, what man wouldn't li..." He stopped as he looked up at her and realised she hadn't reacted to anything he'd just said.

"Charlie?" This time his voice was a little louder, pulling her from her daze.

She moved further into the room and took a seat beside him on the bed. "I just ran into Bianca."

"What? Where?"

She looked at him amazed. "In your hall! Where else do you think I have just been dressed like this?"

Brax tried to hide his smile. "Oh. Well, what was she doing here?"

"Well she was dressed pretty much as I am now and I'm going to take a wild guess that she wasn't here to see Casey...and she definitely wasn't here to see you...which means...."

"Heath?"

"Did you know they were seeing each other again?"

"No. He's mentioned her a couple of times, but recently I got the feeling from him that she wasn't interested."

"I can't believe she didn't tell me about it."

Moving forward on the bed, he reached out for her and pulled her onto his lap. "Why are we still talking about my brother and your best friend? I can think of many more interesting things we could be doing..." He winked at her as he started to undo the buttons on his shirt that she was wearing, letting it fall behind her onto the bed.

-----

Bianca closed Heath's bedroom door quietly and crept back into the room. "God, that was just awkward!"

Heath rolled over in the bed and opened one eye to look at her. "What?" He mumbled.

"Charlie is here. It looks like her and Brax are back together."

"He's back with Buckton? I wonder how he's managed that one!"

"I can't believe she didn't tell me."

He lifted up the covers, gesturing for her to get back into the bed. She complied and curled in beside him. He wrapped the cover back around her, leaving his arm resting lightly across her stomach.

"I can't believe she caught me here..."

Heath paused before answering her. "Is that such a bad thing?"

Now it was her turn to pause. To the outside world it may have been a bad thing, but being alone in the room with Heath, the outside world didn't seem to matter. She glanced down at their entwined bodies and couldn't help but notice how safe she suddenly felt. Sensing Heath's gaze on her face, she turned to face him as she moved closer into him.

"No."

He matched her smile as he nestled into her and closed his eyes.

-----

Bianca couldn't help but groan as she reached for her phone to turn off the alarm. 6:00. It was a time she didn't wish to see after just four hours sleep but there was something about waking up in Heath's room, in Heath's arms, which suddenly made everything seem not so bad.

She moved quietly out of his embrace as to not wake him. She dressed quickly before heading out to the bathroom, this time thankfully not running into anyone in the hall. By the time she was back in the bedroom, Heath was up and getting dressed.

"Morning." He threw her a smile as he fished a clean tank top from the drawer and finished getting ready.

"Hey. What are you doing up? It's only just gone six..." She moved around the room, collecting her things and placing them in her bag.

Heath shrugged.

Bianca checked her watch. "I best get going, I need to get changed before school."

She stood awkwardly in the middle of the room for a moment, not really knowing what she should do next.

"Just give me a second and I'll walk you to work." He offered as he walked towards the bedroom door.

Bianca spun around to look at him. "What?"

He paused in the doorway and smiled at her. "It's the least I can do..."

Bianca waited in the room for him, trying to ignore the butterflies which had suddenly appeared in her stomach. Was this really the same Heath Braxton? Was Heath Braxton really the kind of guy who gets up at the crack of dawn to walk someone to work? Was he really not the tough guy that he makes out to be. Before she could answer any of her questions, he was back in the room and asking her if she was ready to go.

They made a quick stop at Irene's on the way so that Bianca could change and grab some things for work. They had made polite conversation on the way to Irene's, but Bianca was just thankful that the walk hadn't been in silence.

Heath hovered in the doorway as Bianca walked inside. Sensing he wasn't behind her, she turned to face him.

"You can come in, you know?" She kept her voice low, so she didn't wake Irene or April.

Heath nodded slightly and followed her into the house. He stood in the kitchen, leaning back against the counter with his arms folded across his chest. She was gone a few minutes, before returning to him in a change of outfit and fresh make up.

He couldn't help but smile at her. "You look beautiful."

She turned away from him so he wouldn't see her blush as she picked up a selection of books and joined him in the kitchen.

"You ready?" She smiled as she walked past him and out of the door. He followed, closing the door behind him.

They walked side by side for most of the way, the conversation staying light and slightly flirty. As they got nearer to the school, the number of pupils surrounding them began to increase. Not that many of them would know who Heath was, Bianca was suddenly very aware of who it was she was walking to school with, and who could possibly see them together.

"You know, you didn't really have to do this." She started. "I can probably make it the rest of the way..." She tried to joke, hoping that he wouldn't take offence.

Heath was silent for a moment as he looked at her, before it eventually clicked. "You're scared the rock star is going to see us together?" He guessed, knowing that he was right without her having to confirm anything.

She reached out and touched his arm. "I just don't want to cause any trouble. I don't want to rub his face in anything..."

"Bianca, you're not with Liam anymore. Who you choose to walk down the street with is really none of his business."

"I know. But you saw what he was like on the beach. He sees you walking me to work, it's only going to start him off again."

"Ok."

"So...you're not mad?"

He smiled. "I'll live."

"Ok...so...erm...maybe I'll see you later?" He nodded at her as he took a step towards her. She quickly glanced around to check the coast was clear before leaning forward and placing a small kiss on his lips. She started to walk away from him but he quickly caught up with her and pulled her in for another kiss, this time a lot deeper and more passionate than the last. She was suddenly unaware of their surroundings as she allowed herself to fall further into the kiss.

Finally, they pulled apart and Bianca playfully slapped him on the arm and laughed.

"I'm going to be late! I have to go...I'll see you later." She gave him a final kiss before walking towards the school.

He stood and watched her go,unaware that a few metres behind him, Liam had arrived and witnessed their exchange.

-----

"I don't have to be in work until this afternoon. Maybe we could have lunch at the Diner?" Charlie asked. They had been awake for just over an hour, although they had yet to leave the bed. Charlie lay with her back against Brax's chest; his arms wrapped protectively around her. He had his face nestled into her neck, holding her closer to him.

"Do you have to go to work? Can't you just call in sick? We could spend the whole day repeating last night's performance.." Brax finished the conversation with a couple of kisses along her neck line.

Charlie moaned slightly. The idea of spending the day in bed with Brax was far more tempting than the reality. "I really wish I could, but I can't. There's a new case I need to start making tracks with. It looks like I'm gonna be stuck in questioning for most of the afternoon!" Charlie sighed. "So lunch?"

"Ok. But it's your treat...seeing as you are leaving me on my own for the afternoon." Charlie turned her head slightly to see Brax pouting at her. She laughed as she rolled over, forcing Brax onto his back.

"Well we have a little while before lunch. I can make it up to you." She grinned at him as she leant down and kissed him.

----

They made a quick stop at Charlie's on the way to the Diner so that Charlie could change for work. Brax settled on her bed and watched her every movement as she got undressed.

"Are you sure I can't convince you to stay with me?" His eyes ran up and down her body as she stood in front of him wearing a matching set of black underwear.

"You could always meet me after work?" She gazed at him until he raised his eyes and made eye contact with her. His eyes sparkled as he looked at her.

"Try and stop me."

She smiled at his response. She bent down and kissed him before continuing to put her police uniform on.

They walked to the Diner with Brax's arm around her shoulders, and Charlie's arm wrapped around his waist. They held onto each other tightly, wanting to be as close to each other as was publicly possible.

"I think I can safely say that last night was the best date I've ever been on." Brax confessed, ending with a kiss on the top of her head.

"Really?"

"Of course, you were there." This brought a smile to her face.

They soon reached the Diner and paused outside.

"You do realise that the minute we go in there, Colleen will be in hysterics?" Brax asked, laughing although deep down he knew that they were about to reach a critical point in the outing of their new relationship.

"I'm not embarrassed to be seen with you. What Colleen thinks is of no importance."

Charlie offered him an encouraging smile as she reached out and took his hand, linking their fingers together. He returned her smile as he followed her inside the Diner.

Considering it was lunch time, they managed to find a table pretty easily. Charlie sat beside Brax, her hand resting lightly on his lap, while he kept his arm looped around the back of her chair. They stared down at the menu, both aware of the eyes that were now on them.

"Is she watching us?" Brax asked, his eyes fixed on the menu.

Charlie cleared her throat as she glanced around the Diner, her eyes finally settling on the counter. Behind it, stood Colleen who was staring in their direction and Leah who was busy serving coffee to a customer. Charlie made eye contact with Colleen and smiled, which seemed to irritate Colleen even further.

Glancing back down at the menu, Charlie couldn't help but laugh. "The eagle has spotted us." Brax smirked as he moved his arm off the chair and wrapped it around her shoulders, pulling her into him and placing a kiss on the side of her head. Colleen's gasp seemed to echo above the noise of the busy Diner.

"It's an absolute disgrace if you ask me!" Colleen started, her eyes focussed on the new arrivals.

"Well it's a good job I didn't ask you, isn't it?" Leah's response was short to say the least.

"I can't believe they have the cheek to sit there in front of everyone. Bringing scandal to the Bay like this; they should be ashamed!" Colleen scolded. "I mean, look at him. He is all over her!"

Leah groaned as she looked over in the direction of Charlie and Brax. "What? He has his arm around her Colleen. Get a grip, and go and take their order." She threw Colleen a glare before leaving and going into the kitchen.

Colleen frowned as she picked up an order pad and made her way over to the table. The couple were involved in laughing and joking with each other but the laughter quickly subsided as she reached the table.

"Good afternoon, Colleen." Brax greeted her with a smile.

Colleen grunted at him.

"Colleen, how are you?" Charlie asked. Her grip on Brax's leg tightened under the table as Colleen's glared back at them. Brax had to stiffle a laugh.

"Fine. Your order?"

Charlie rolled her eyes at Brax and smiled. "We will just have two BLTs please Colleen, and two coffees."

Colleen paused as she scrutinised the couple with her eyes before moving back towards the kitchen.

"Well that went...well!" Brax said as Charlie released her laughter.

----

Charlie was sat at her desk, working her way through a stack of paperwork. She had reread the same page at least five times, each time she reached the bottom she realised she had no idea what she had just read. Her mind hadn't left Brax since he had dropped her off at work.

A knock on her door disturbed her thoughts.

"Excuse me Sarg, a man just delivered these to the front desk. They are addressed to you."

Charlie looked up to see an officer stood in the doorway holding a huge bunch of red roses, which were tied with a red ribbon.

"Oh, wow." She smiled as he placed them on her desk and left the room. She picked up the card from the middle of flowers and opened the envelope.

6 hours until I get to see you.

I love you.

B x

Her smile grew as she reread the note, although this time the message had gone in first time.

Her thoughts were again disturbed by a quick knock on the door. The same officer appeared in the doorway.

"Sorry to disturb you again, but Michael Taylor's lawyer has just arrived. They're waiting for you in the interview room. Do you want to start now?"

"Sure. I'll be out in a second."

He nodded and left the room for a second time, leaving Charlie to gather the case notes. Before leaving the room, she took her phone out of her pocket and opened up a new text message.

Thank you for the flowers. They are beautiful.

5 hours, 58 minutes to go...

I love you x

She smiled to herslef as she put the phone on silent and placed it back in her pocket. Heading out the room,she crossed the lobby and entered the interview room.

She closed the door behind her and turned around. Her stomach dropped.

---

So...? :D

OMG amazing update!! Where to start....

Charlie and Bianca bumping into each other and their lame excuses - hilarious :lol:!!! So was Brax's little Bianca and Charlie fantasy!!!

Heath and Bianca were so sweet as well in that chapter :wub:!!

OMG!!!!! The whole diner scene was just amazing!!! So so so funny :lol:!!!!!

Aww Brax sending flowers to her work :wub:!!!

Ooh wondering about the ending!!!

More soon please :D

Archived