Temptation

Guest Chax47

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey,

Thank you to everyone for reading the last chapter :) and thank you for all the lovely reviews.... :wub: You guys are amazing!!

Right, enjoy the first part of the plan. I managed to write this fairly quickly, so fingers crossed there could be another update with you as soon as tomorrow....well hopefully!

Enjoy x

Chapter 13

"Hello? Anybody home?" Bianca knocked twice on the back door as she poked her head into the kitchen. She dropped her bags in the doorway, searching around the room for signs of life. A few seconds later, Charlie came rushing through the living room carrying a handful of her own bags. Placing them beside her friends', she looked up at her and smiled.

"Hey! Sorry, was just grabbing the rest of my things."

Bianca studied the pile of bags and laughed. "I thought we were only going for the weekend?"

Charlie blushed slightly. "You can never have enough wardrobe options." Charlie winked as she burst into laughter. "I've been to get us some supplies..." She gestured towards three carrier bags which contained all the alcohol and food Charlie guessed they would need over the next three nights.

"Great....shall we head off?" Bianca picked up a couple of the bags and waited while Charlie led them out of the house. Ever since Charlie had suggested the girlie retreat, Bianca couldn't wait to get on the road and as far away from the Bay and it's inhabitants as possible. A little break was exactly what she needed.

After they had loaded up the trunk, Bianca breathed a sigh of relief as she let herself into the car. "I am so excited for this weekend, you have no idea."

Charlie smiled to herself as she started the engine and pulled out of the driveway. "I've found the nicest little cabin for us to go to. It's about an hour or so out of town. It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere, with a gorgeous lake nearby. Perfect for a get together." Charlie gave her friend a smile which was quickly returned, although Bianca still had no idea of the get together which Charlie had in mind.

The first hour of the journey had been filled with the two women singing along to the radio, each laughing at the other's tuneful attempt to hit a note.

"So...how is everything going with the beau?" Despite her current lovelife dilema, Bianca could see the change in her best friend. And although a part of her was jealous, the rest of her couldn't have been happier for Charlie.

The sound of Brax being called a 'beau' brought a smile to her face. She tried to control her laughter. "The beau is really good. Things couldn't be better." Her face beamed.

"How come, and don't take this the wrong way, it's not Brax who is coming with you this weekend?"

Charlie's breath caught in her throat. "Erm...he has plans this weekend." She lied and immediately regretted it. "And besides, cheering up my best friend is main priority at the moment." She added, knowing that it was closer to the truth. Bianca didn't seem to notice the slight deceit as she nodded and gazed out of the window.

------

"Heath, are you ready yet?" Brax asked for the third time as he stood outside his brother's bedroom door. He had been waiting around for his brother for the past thirty minutes and was starting to get a little annoyed. Eventually the bedroom door opened, revealing Heath dressed in his usual casual attire carrying a holdall.

"What's the hurry?"

Brax took in his choice of outfit and immediately could hear Charlie's voice in his head. "Er...don't you think you should change? Maybe into a little something more...erm...decent?" Brax regretted it the minute the words left his mouth, and judging by the peculiar look on Heath's face, he too had picked up on his brother's strange behaviour.

"Decent? We're going away for the weekend....what's wrong with shorts and a vest?" Heath quizzed him, causing Brax to become flustered.

"Let's go." Brax walked away from his brother, hoping that that would bring an end to the discussion which he should never have started.

Heath laughed as he followed him with his bags. "That cop is changing you." He joked.

"You have no idea." Brax mumbled under his breath. Charlie is going to kill me when he turns up dressed like that...

------

The road eventually narrowed as it opened out, revealing a small wooden cabin hidden among tall trees. Charlie parked the car in front of the building and grinned at Bianca, who was wearing the same smile as she took in her surroundings.

"Wow, this place is beautiful, Charlie!"

Charlie smiled, secretly high fiving herself that the first part of her plan had gone well. "Wait until you see inside!"

They quickly unloaded the car and rushed inside to explore. The three bedroom cabin came with a large open plan living room and kitchen, and a long hallway which led to the bathroom. Two large couches were positioned in the centre of the living room, facing an old fireplace. Charlie smiled as she looked around, there was a definite romantic feel to the place although she was pretty sure this feeling was missed on her guest.

"Glass of wine?" Bianca asked, as she made her way to the kitchen carrying the shopping bags.

"That'd be good." Charlie replied as she discreetly took her phone out of her bag and began to message Brax.

Cabin is amazing. Can't wait for you to see it.

Hurry up and get here x

She tossed her phone on the couch before following Bianca into the kitchen. Bianca had started to place the food in the fridge while Charlie searched the cupboards for two glasses.

Bianca stopped as she reached the bottom of the bag and turned to face her friend, pulling a can of beer out of the bag.

"Beer? Since when do you drink beer?"

Charlie's eyes grew wide as she stared at the drinks she was supposed to leave hidden until the boys arrived. Oh God...

"Er...I thought we could mix things up a little." She shrugged as she took the beer from her friend and placed them on the top shelf of the fridge. "There's only so much wine you can drink." She cringed while her back was to Bianca, hoping that she hadn't blew the whole plan on a single slip up.

"That is true!" Bianca laughed, falling further into Charlie's trap. Sighing in relief, Charlie closed the fridge door and picked up a bottle of wine.

"How about that wine...?" She quickly changed the subject. Knowing that Brax and Heath would soon be here, her nerves were starting to get the better of her. She could hear Brax in her mind, telling her that the plan would fall apart. It just made her more determined to make it succeed.

-----

Brax drove a little faster than normal, partly out of his desperation to see Charlie, but mostly due to his need to get this plan out in the open. Heath had spent the drive trying to make conversation with his brother, but the more he spoke the more Brax found himself getting flustered. If we don't get there soon I'm going to end up spilling it all....

Heath had noticed his brother's strange behaviour but had just put it down to him panicking about spending a weekend away from the cop. She has him wrapped around her little finger... He rolled his eyes to himself, remembering a time when the Braxton brothers would never be ruled by a woman. Now, he found himself trying even harder not to turn out like his older brother.

Twenty minutes later, they pulled off the main road and onto a small side road. A few moments later, Brax was parking the car behind a small, electric blue car.

It only took Heath a few moments to realise that they weren't alone; a fact which Brax was trying to pretend he hadn't noticed.

"So....here we are." He gave his brother a small smile, while Heath just stared back blankly at him.

"We are not alone here?"

"Are we not?" Brax tried but failed to act dumb as he stared back at his brother. Heath punched him in the arm.

"What is going on?"

-------

The girls were sat together on the couch, a small drop of wine gracing the bottom of each glass. They had been giggling and telling stories for the past half hour; spending most of the time with tears rolling down their cheeks. The faint sound of a car door outside grabbed Bianca's attention. Charlie heard the noise but tried to further distract her friend.

"What about that time when we were on the beach an..."

Bianca ignored her friend and jumped up off the couch, placing her glass down on the table in front of her. "Did you hear that?" She threw Charlie a panicked look. "There is someone outside?" She questioned, although she was pretty sure she wasn't mistaken.

"Oh, is there?" Charlie tried to play along, knowing now that they should have prepared this part of the plan a little better. "Do you want more wine?" She asked hopefully, clinging onto anything to keep Bianca back on track.

"Charlie, I've just told you there is someone outside and you're offering me wine? Come and check it out with me!"

Charlie paused before sighing and joining her friend as they made there way over to the window. Bianca was thankful that it was still daylight, or in her mind this situation could have been a lot different.

Bianca reached out for Charlie as she approached the window and peered out. She gave her hand a squeeze as she looked down the driveway. Charlie stood behind her, feeling slightly bad that Bianca was feeling afraid when Charlie knew exactly what was outside.

"There's two men by the trunk of that car." She strained, trying to get a better view of their guests. "The car looks a little familiar." She quickly glanced at Charlie, who remained straight faced, before turning back to the window. "Oh God!"

Charlie braced herself for what was to come.

"What the hell are they doing here?" Her voice was a mixture of anger and shock. She charged past Charlie and made her way out of the front door and down to the car.

Heath picked up his bag and closed the trunk. He looked up to be greeted by the sight of Bianca storming towards them.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me!" He groaned, moving his gaze back to Brax, who conveniently was avoiding making any sort of eye contact. Charlie slowly appeared in the doorway, her facial expression matching that of her boyfriend's.

Great...here we go! Brax sighed, suddenly wishing he were anywhere but here.

"What are you doing here?" Bianca snapped, aiming her question at Heath, although she meant it for both Braxton men.

"Don't you mean, what are you doing here?" Heath retorted.

"We are here for the weekend." Bianca folded her arms across her chest, her eyes focussed on Heath. For a split second, part of her was happy to see him but she quickly pushed that thought out of her head. She had come here to get away from him; not spend time with him.

"No, we are here for the weekend."

They stared at each other for a moment before Heath turned to Brax and Bianca to Charlie.

"Brax?"

"Charlie?"

They were met with a pair of guilty gazes.

----

Thoughts?!

Lianne x :wink:

Hey,

This might be the fastest I have ever updated :wink:

Thank you for those of you who reviewed, you guys rock!! :wub: And for everyone else for reading...you guys are pretty awesome too!!

Enjoy :P

Chapter 14

"I...erm...." Charlie started, avoiding Bianca's stare as she looked at Brax for him to jump in. He shook his head at her and looked away, a knowing look on his face. He tried his best not to laugh but the urge was getting too strong. He coughed as he tried to compose himself. Bianca huffed impatiently, folding her arms firmly across her chest while she waited for a response.

"I told you so..." He whispered, just loud enough for the group to hear. Charlie glared at him before focusing her attention back onto her friend.

"I'm just trying to help." She knew from the look on Bianca's face that at the minute, maybe she had made the wrong decision.

Bianca stood silently for a moment, before storming past Charlie. "I can't believe you've done this!" She gave her a final glare before entering the cabin, letting the door slam firmly shut behind her.

Charlie ran a hand over her face and sighed. This was not how she had planned everything going. Brax turned to face Heath, ready to face the wrath of his younger brother.

"Nice try, but it isn't going to work. Let me know when you're ready to leave." He too glared at Charlie as he turned around and headed across the grass opposite the house, eventually disappearing through the trees and out of sight.

"Heath?" Brax yelled after him but gained no response. "Great."

"You could have backed me up then!" Charlie said, half joking, half serious. She walked towards him, running her hands up his back and wrapping them around his neck. Leaning into his back, she hugged him from behind, her anger suddenly disappearing now that she was in contact with him.

"How were you expecting it to go? They'd run into each other's arms? I should go after him..."

She realised her grip on him and moved to stand in front of him. Catching his gaze she smiled at him and he eventually returned a small smile. "Give them both a chance to calm down. And besides....you still haven't said hello to me properly or seen the inside of the cabin..."

A seductive smile crept onto her lips and Brax slowly felt his worry for Heath disappearing. He knew that Charlie was right, at least about Heath. Whether time would make Bianca feel a little better, Brax would just have to wait and see.

His arms found their place around her waist as he pulled her into him, finishing the move with a passionate embrace. A few moments later they pulled apart, a matching smile on both of their faces.

"Hi." He rested his forehead against hers, the tips of their noses touching ever so slightly.

"That's more like it." She gave him another peck on the cheek before taking his hand and leading him towards the front door. "Wait until you see inside."

They took a quick tour of the cabin, being sure to avoid Bianca's bedroom. Brax immediately loved the place, and made sure that Charlie knew it. As they entered the kitchen, he quickly scooped Charlie up and placed her down on the kitchen counter, standing in front of her with his hands resting at her side. She pulled him towards her, kissing him lightly as she wrapped her arms around his neck ensuring that they were always in close contact.

"I'm glad you like it."

"I'm kinda starting to wish that we were alone this weekend..." He whispered, moving his attention to her neckline as his kisses softly touched her skin.

"Well the way that all went, we could be running that risk." She replied with a small laugh as he continued to tickle her skin.

-----

Bianca stood in the window of her bedroom, leaning against the frame as she stared out at the view. Her mind was racing at the sudden turn of events. One the one hand she was extremely annoyed at Charlie, and even at Brax who was clearly in on it. Charlie knew how Bianca was feeling about Heath; they had spoken about it enough times. And yet she still chose their girls weekend to invite him here. Well judging by Heath's reaction, he was just as clueless as I was. On the other hand, if she looked past Heath's recent behaviour then she would have to admit to herself that her feelings where still firmly there.

A small knock on the door caught her attention and she turned to see Charlie poking her head around the door. She had a cautious look on her face as she offered her friend a small smile.

"Am I ok to come in?" She paused nervously in the doorway until Bianca nodded and she stepped into the room. Closing the door behind her, she moved into the room and took a seat on the edge of the bed.

"Look Bianca, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you."

Bianca sat beside her on the bed, a stern look still on her face. "What were you thinking? You know everything that has happened lately with the two of us..."

"And that's exactly why I did it." Bianca threw her a puzzled look but she continued. "It is obvious that the two of you have feelings for each other. I just thought that if we all hung out together and had some fun, the two of you could work things out."

"Charlie, come on, you can't seriously think that things are that straight forward. What's obvious is what I clearly am to him...nothing. We sleep together and then the next minute he's moved on and slept with someone else? Clearly there's not that many feelings there." She tried to keep her voice low that no one else would hear them, but the more she thought about it the more frustrated she became.

"Does that not sound familiar?" Charlie paused while Bianca thought it over and slowly nodded. "It doesn't mean that something good can't eventually come from it. Just look at me and Brax. Yeah it was a horrible thing for him to do, and I'm not condoning it but sometimes people deserve another shot, you know?"

"I don't know, Charl..."

"Look at where you are." She gestured around the room and towards the window. "All I'm saying is that you have the perfect opportunity to just spend some time together, away from the Bay, and just see..." Charlie took a risk by extending her arm and placing it around Bianca's shoulders, but once Bianca leaned into her embrace Charlie knew she was getting somewhere.

"Ok, I'll give it a shot." Bianca replied quietly. Charlie's smile quickly grew. Everything was now back on track.

------

Charlie entered the living room to find Brax flicking aimlessly through a magazine. She watched him silently in the doorway for a moment, still feeling amazed that this wonderful man was here with her. And that he was all hers. He sensed he was being watched and turned to smile at her, gesturing for her to come and join him on the couch. She quickly complied to his request, curling herself into him.

Glancing at the cover at the magazine he was reading, she couldn't help but laugh. "Cosmopolitan?" She leaned back slightly so she could fully look at his face. He blushed and shrugged.

"It was just on the side. Must be Bianca's or something." This caused her to laugh again, causing him to roll his eyes. "Stop laughing at me!" He smirked at her as he leaned forward and kissed her, silenting her laughter.

"How did it go in there?" He asked as they eventually pulled apart.

Charlie's smile remained on her face. "Pretty good actually. She's willing to give it a go! Which reminds me, I best go and find your brother." She pressed her lips against his once more before moving off the couch and towards the kitchen.

"Do you not want me to talk to him first?" He sat up on the couch. He knew better than anybody what Heath could be like when he was in one of his moods. The last thing he wanted was for him to take it out on Charlie.

"No, it's something which I need to two."

She took two beers out of the fridge and winked at Brax before heading out the front door, ready to face the moment she had been secretly dreading.

-----

"Thought you could do with a beer?" She asked softly, holding out a bottle to him. As far as peace offerings go, this was a first for her.

Heath sat up on the deck chair, and stared at her for a moment before taking the drink from her. "Er...thanks I guess."

"Mind if I join you?" She had already sat down before he had chance to answer. "We need to talk about Bianca."

"Straight to the point. If only you and my brother had tried that approach before dragging us both here...things might be going a little differently right now." He took a gulp of his beer, resuming the position he was in before Charlie joined him. Resting his head on the back of the chair, he stared up at the sky, the bottle resting on the arm of the chair.

"Yeah and if you stopped being such an ass then things would definitely be a little different right now." Her tone dramatically changed, causing him to sit up again on the chair. Both were unaware of Brax standing in the window, watching their exchange from the cabin.

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?"

"Drop the act, Heath. You're so intent on living up to this image you have made for yourself that you are missing what is right in front of you."

"Which is?"

"Bianca." Surely he can't be that stupid.

Heath rolled his eyes, trying his hardest to ignore the knot that had settled in the pit of his stomach at the mention of her name. Seeing her before had reminded him of his feelings for her, although he had tried his best to ignore them.

"Recently with her, you had been completely different. You weren't just like all the other River Boys...and that meant something. So what the hell changed?" He tried his hardest to avoid her gaze but the policewoman inside of her was slowly creeping to the surface.

"Look, Buckton...I know you think you mean well but I don't want to talk to you about this." He tried to keep cool but his exterior was slowly crumbling.

"What other choice do you have, Heath? You either talk or you will lose the woman who we all know you want." He made eye contact with her and for the first time since she knew him she finally saw the side to Heath that Bianca had become familiar with. "And for the record, my name is Charlie."

He laughed slightly at her last comment, and managed to give her a little smile. She smiled back at him, feeling as though she was finally making some progress.

------

Hope you all enjoyed it!! I promise that the next chapter will definitely have more Chax and you'll finally get to see what happens with Bianca and Heath!

Let me know what you think :unsure:

Archived