Temptation

Guest Chax47

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey!!

Sorry for the slight delay in getting the new chapter to you, it's been a bit of a busy week!!

Thanks again to my wonderful reviewers, I love hearing what you all think :wub: And welcome to the new readers, glad that you're all enjoying it...

Anyways....on with the romance....

Chapter 6

"So..." They had walked in a nervous silence to the car, the pair of them searching for something appropriate to say but coming up with nothing. Charlie held the rose in one hand and Brax's hand in the other. Occassionally he would give her hand a comforting squeeze, bringing a smile to Charlie's face. "...are you going to tell me where we are going?"

Brax unlocked the passenger door and held it open for her. She thanked him as she paused in the doorway, waiting for a response.

He lightly placed a kiss on her hand as he released it and gestured into the car. "You'll find out when we get there...." He teased as she rolled her eyes at him and got into the car. He waited until she was settled inside before closing the door after her and making his way round the car to the driver's side.

Despite it only being five minutes since Brax had arrived, Charlie loved the normality that the evening had brought. After all the drama over the past couple of months, here they were; a regular couple out on a date. It was a feeling Charlie relished, and by the constant smile on Brax's face she was sure he was feeling the same way.

Brax started the engine and pulled out of the driveway. The car was filled with small talk as they drove along the costal road through the Bay. They soon passed the 'Summer Bay' sign on the edge of the town, causing Charlie to turn to Brax.

"We're going out of Summer Bay?!" She found herself now even more intrigued by the coming events.

Brax chuckled as he glanced at her. "I thought that with tonight being special and all....that we should branch out. And besides, I doubt a meal at the diner under Colleen's watchful eye wouldn't have exactly been all too romantic." They both laughed at the mental image of Colleen Smart watching over their date, a look of disapproval clear on her face.

Charlie placed her hand on the back of Brax's head, playing with the hairs on his neck as he drove. He leant into her touch, finding it hard to keep his concentration solely on the road.

------

Their nerves began to subside as the conversation started to flow more freely. The majority of it flirty, occassionally inquisitive. After driving for just under an hour, Brax finally pulled into a car park of a restaurant. The waterside restaurant stood alone on the lot, but the car park was full which gave a good first impression.

Brax switched off the engine and turned in his seat to look at her. "Well....here we are!" He grinned at her like an excited child. She couldn't help but find his excitment endearing.

"The Lighthouse?" Charlie had never heard of the restaurant but she had to admit it looked lovely from the outside. Tiny spotlights along the top of the building lit up the darkened bricks and dimly lit windows. There was an immediate romantic feel to the place and they hadn't even left the car yet.

"You'll love it, I promise." He leant over and kissed her before getting out of the car and walking around to her door. It had been a long time since Charlie had been treated like this and she was loving every minute of it.

Brax offered her his arm as she stepped out of the car. She immediately took it and pulled him closer to her as they walked into the building.

Inside, the atmosphere was definitely magical. The smell of the food made Charlie's stomach rumble, but Brax didn't let on that he'd heard. Couples inside the restaurant were sat around candle lit tables, while soft music played in the background.

They were greeted by an elegantly dressed woman, who appeared to be in her late fifties. She smiled brightly at the sight of Brax and pulled him into a hug.

"I was beginning to think you weren't going to show!" She pinched one of his cheeks as he laughed.

"I'm sorry Emily, the drive took a little longer than I thought."

Charlie watched the exchange between the two people, wondering how they knew each other. She didn't have much time to dwell on it though, as Emily soon turned her attention to Charlie.

"This must be the wonderful Charlie!" Both Brax and Emily turned to look at her, causing Charlie's face to redden slightly in embarrasment.

"Yes, this is my girlfriend Charlie." Brax let go of her hand and placed his arm around her. He loved how easily the word 'girlfriend' slipped off his tongue.

"It's lovely to finally meet you, Charlie. Darryl has told me a lot about you."

Charlie smiled. "All good, I hope."

Brax kissed the top of her head. "Of course."

"Come on, I'll show you to your table." Emily beamed as she picked up two menus and made her way through the crowded restaurant. Brax placed his hand on the small of Charlie's back as he guided her after their host.

Emily held open the door for them and led them onto the patio which overlooked the water. Charlie's breath caught in her throat as she saw the scene in front of her. The tables were fewer outside, providing a more intimate touch. Rows of fairy lights hung across the patio providing the majority of the light, with tea lights adorning the tables to give it that final romantic setting. The music from inside couldn't be heard out here; instead the lapping of the waves on the shore nearby was the only sound they needed.

"It's beautiful!" Charlie whispered as Emily stopped at their table.

Brax smiled at her reaction. He had been a bit nervous that maybe it wouldn't be good enough for their date, but one look at Charlie's face told him that he had made the perfect choice.

Holding out her chair, he waited before she had sat before taking a seat opposite her. Emily handed them both a menu and asked if she could get them any drinks.

"A bottle of your best red..." He answered, his eyes already fixed on Charlie.

Emily nodded and quickly left.

"Brax...this is just perfect." She held out her hand across the table and he quickly took it in his, holding it tightly.

"You don't know how long I have wanted to do this for."

"Trust me, I know."

Emily soon returned with a bottle of wine and poured them both a glass. She smiled brightly at Charlie before leaving them to look at the menu.

They both glanced down at the menus infront of them, but Brax couldn't help but sneaking glances across the table at Charlie. For a couple of minutes Charlie acted like she hadn't noticed him watching her, but eventually she couldn't hold her smirk in and looked up to meet his gaze. He blushed and looked back down at the menu.

"You do like seafood, don't you?" Brax suddenly realised that he hadn't checked prior to the date.

"I do."

Emily eventually returned and took their orders. Charlie had chosen a crab linguine, while Brax opted for the lobster.

"How do you two know each other?" Charlie asked once the older woman was out of earshot.

"Emily....I guess you could say she is an old family friend. She was there for us a lot when we were growing up. She was a mother figure to us whenever we found ourselves without one, which was frequent. We all owe so much to her." There was a change in Brax as he spoke, his voice was laced with respect and love. It was a side to him that Charlie was starting to see more often.

"She seems like a lovely woman." Charlie loved that he was able to share something like this with her. Bringing her to this place, introducing her to someone who meant so much to him, someone who clearly knew a little about Charlie. It all pointed to the fact that Brax was actually serious about them as a couple know, not that Charlie needed much confirmation. It was written all over his face.

They sat in silence for a while, both with their own thoughts. Charlie looked out at the marvellous view. A couple of metres out from the waters edge stood a tall white and red lighthouse. It's light flashed across the water. It all added to the magic of this place.

-------

"So..." Heath repeated her, his gaze now fixed on her face. He noticed a slight sparkle in her eye as she made eye contact with him.

Without stopping to think about it, he reached forward and grabbed her face, bringing their lips crashing together. Bianca was caught off guard by the kiss but found herself responding to his actions, returning as much passion as she was getting.

The sound of keys in the doorway caught their attention and they both managed to jump off the couch just as Casey entered the living room. They stood a couple of feet apart, both slightly breathless and flustered. Bianca quickly wiped her lips as she glanced at Heath, who was looking a mixture of pissed off although slightly amused.

"Hey!" Casey didn't seem to notice the awkwardness between them as he walked straight past them and into the kitchen.

"Case, I thought you were staying at Ruby's tonight?" His eyes didn't leave Bianca's face.

"I was, but she was getting a migraine so I thought it was best to leave before things got any worse." He called from the kitchen.

"I should go..." Bianca mouthed as she started to grab her things. Heath shook his head at her, his face overcome with disappointment.

Casey walked back into the kitchen, a piece of cold pizza in his hands. "So, what are you guys up to?" He asked, not knowing what he had almost walked in on.

Bianca and Heath looked at each other, a wordless conversation flowing between their eyes.

Eventually, Bianca spoke. "I was actually just lea..."

Heath cut her off. "We were actually just going for a drive." He nodded at her, willing for her to play along. She hesitated momentarily but then smiled.

"Don't wait up!" Heath told his younger brother as he picked up his keys and lead Bianca out of the house.

----

Hope it was ok..... :unsure: I promise the next chapter won't take as long to be posted!!

Let me know what you think :)

Lianne

Archived